• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Adoption Center

Märchen Meines Lebens
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Foongus
"I'm sorry, I want you to be safe."

"I'm sure you'll find a new home soon."

"I hope you'll be happy."

It's been three years since he'd been dropped off, waiting patiently every month as trainers would come back. Again and again, it'd be someone different. Someone different. When would he find a home again? When would someone caress him and reassure him everything would be okay?

The Foongus didn't know when the day would come that he'd be able to go back out into the world. He was already traumatized from his past, and it wasn't his first stay in the adoption center. He wanted to be freed. He wanted to go home. That's all he wanted, was a home.

He looked around, seeing new arrivals. It was that time of the month again, wasn't it? When new Pokemon would filter in and most would almost immediately be adopted. Pokemon that would instantly find homes and be happy. But him? How much longer did he need to wait before he had a home of his home?

Once again being dejected, he turned back and started to cry. There were many nights he ended up crying himself to sleep, the comfort of the other long-termers no longer mattering. He missed his trainer desperately, longing for the days when he actually had a family. To him, those transient days were the only things that made him happy.

But, suddenly the door opened behind him. A trainer stood there, and the Foongus's face lit up. Was it his trainer? He couldn't believe it... Was his trainer back for him, after all this time? He didn't care at this point, tears in his eyes, he flew into the trainer's arms. This felt right... Like home.

"I'm sorry you had to suffer this long. Let's go home."

---

Re-adopting this guy. Payment of $200. Putting him in this Luxury Ball (2/2)

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
lilbluecorsola, ConnorFB, Raves, Sneasel12, and Liltwick: Adoptions Confirmed

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The following Pokemon have been added to the Adoption Center:

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Pancham
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Buizel
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Stunky
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Hawlucha

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Pokémon available for adoption!

($200) Lv. 01 (F) Tentacool
Why do they hate me?

I might not have the same overt cuteness of that Skitty, or the sheer rarity of that Sinistea, but I'm not a bad Pokémon.

I can battle with the best of them... in the water, mostly... B-but when I evolve, surely the extra 78 tentacles could help me work better on land, right? Yeah...

I... I'm not ugly, right? I... I have these big, red, glistening parts. They, they shine like a Staryu's core. Staryu is popular, right? Should... shouldn't I be, too?

...another batch of newcomers. More people swarming the place... my hopes rise, only to fall yet again as they leave with Pokémon other than me.

246. That's how many ceiling tiles there are in this room. How many times have I counted them... How many times have I counted them? I should have kept count of how many times I counted them... Or maybe not... I'd rather not have even more numbers to back up just how long I've been stuck in here.

That bell. It rings every time the door opens. My hopes used to soar every time. Now I try to not react to it. Why should I? I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment. I don't even want to look at them anymore. And yet, I do. I look at every one of them, try to catch their attention. Those that look back never do for long.

Like her. Watch this. I'll look at her, she'll look back... uh, she'll keep looking back... I... wh- is that a smile? I... What is she taking out? Is that a Pokédex in her phone or something? I- wh... her phone just called me a creepy sack of water... oh- she's... she's scolding the phone? Wha? What... oh good Kyogre she's coming right over. Surely not, right...?

~~~~~

"You've been in here a long time, haven't you?" Maribel said gently, having lifted the Tentacool out of the tank. "How would you like to come with me?"

"Tenta..." Tentacool murmured, eyes welling up with tears. This was real. This was happening. Someone was adopting her! Breaking down into tears, she hugged the human holding her, crying even more as she hugged her back. Once this hug stopped, Maribel tapped the Tentacool with a Poké Ball, which barely shook before clicking shut, a sure sign that its new occupant hadn't put up a fight at all.

"Tentacool has been registered to your Pokédex!" declared the Rotom Phone.

"Hah... I'm gonna like working with this Pokémon," smiled Maribel. "I'll ask Dad for some tips on training her- he's helped Aquarius get that big and strong, after all." With that said, she walked over the counter to pay for her new Tentacool.

OOC: Adopting this poor Tentacool, giving her a good home at long friggin' last. Declaring her Ability to be Clear Body. Payment: 200

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
The following Pokemon have been added to the Adoption Center:

($200) Lv. 01 (M) Makuhita
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Spinda
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Chansey
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Morelull
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Maractus
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Minun
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Audino
($200) Lv. 01 (M) Solosis
($200) Lv. 01 (F) Tentacool