• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Adventure of Champions: Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the offensive move making contact, Arthur couldn't help but smirk as his work was showing in Aerith's physical condition. He, however, seemed to be rather tire himself, possibly even more than the Deerling.

"What was that attack Travis used earlier?" James wondered t himself, before, as he remembered, ordered a Growl to see if his own Pokemon knew the move. Arthur opened his beak, and. with the fierceness of ten lions, the sharpness of fifty needles, and the courage of a thousand suns, he let out... A squeak. A small, insignificant squeak that rattled the bones of all the Pokemon that stood in the way of Arthur and his target.

Valencia put her hand out toward Eevee. The Pokémon was nervous at first, but once Valencia started gently petting its head, it seemed to be at ease.

"Well, you sure are friendly," she smiled, "But also a little shy."

One rather audible smack was heard as Travis facepalmed (perhaps a bit too hard from the stinging red mark it left him) at the penguin's Growl. Aerith could hardly contain herself and erupted in a laughing fit.

"Calm down," Travis tried to tell the Deerling, but she wasn't listening or she just couldn't hear him. Great, I can't get her to do anything while she's like this.

Danny's attention drifted from the battle to Valencia for a moment. "Hey Valencia, what's up?" he asked, curious as to why she was petting a bush. Buddy and Tess stayed to watch the battle.

"I found this adorable Eevee," Valencia said to Danny with a smile.

"Woah, I think I saw one of these when I was in Johto. They're supposed to be really rare and I think they evolve into something really cool but I can't quite remember what it was. Maybe a Water type... or a Fire type? Anyway, congratulations!" Danny said, all in one breath. "It's really adorable," he added.

"It really is," Valencia said, turning her attention back to Eevee. "Well, what do you say, Eevee? Do you wanna come along with me?" Eevee nodded happily.

(OOC: This is really the only one of my catches that'll be this simple :p)

James couldn't help but chuckle himself quite a bit. Arthur, on the other hand, simply looked down in embarrassment. They both shook it off however before James finally ordered yet another Tackle. Arthur tried, but it came out a weak one as the previous Growl was still grasping the penguin's power down a notch.

Aerith only half-attempted to dodge the attack as she was still giggling. And so, once again the Tackle hit her. Despite the weakened power of the move, Travis knew that another direct hit would knock the Deerling out.

"Alright, that'll be enough. Good job, James," he called out to the other trainer. Aerith sat down and panted, obviously exhausted from the battle.

One shake...two shakes...three shakes...click! Of course, it wasn't any surprise considering how complacent Eevee was. Valencia's team was officially up to two members now.

As James approached Travis from his side of the field, he smiled. "Hey, if Arthur didn't have so overconfident in himself, Aerith would've easily knocked him out." He complimented. "It was a great first battle." James added as he knelt down besides the exhausted penguin. It laid down where it stood, and in a couple of seconds, it either fainted or fell asleep.

"Great battle guys!" Danny said, mostly only catching the end of it since he was distracted by Valencia's new capture. "We should really be heading back now since I have to get ready for the contests and I don't want to be late, especially since it's my first one. That would be really embarrassing..." he said, already walking off while talking.

"Sure." James nodded, then hurriedly followed Danny after taking the sleeping Arthur in his arms.

"Good point," Valencia said as she began following the two.

(OOC: Imma just skip to when they reach the rooms for time's sake)

Danny closed the door of his room and began changing into his contest outfit, which was surprisingly similar to his daily outfit. He put on some khaki shorts and a short-sleeved, button up blue shirt. "Hm... I think I wanna dress up a bit for my first contest," he said, selecting a dark blue bowtie. "How do I look?" he said, doing a quick turnaround for Buddy and Tess. Tess giggled and Buddy smiled, but rolled his eyes subtly when Danny wasn't looking.

James was taking a nap in his bed, oblivious to Danny's outfit change. Arthur slept in the sofa, not feeling like sleeping besides James, who snored slightly.

Danny was about to wake James, but he figured he could just see his outfit later. He quietly left the room and knocked on Valencia and Travis's door.

"¿Qué es?" Valencia replied from behind the door, "What is it?"

The girl and her Lucario sat down in her dressing room at the Contest Hall as she fixed her hair. "I knew we're a bit early, but the earlier I'm prepared, the more time I have to do last minute changes if necessary." She spoke as she finished her hair in an intricate, yet beautiful style.

"How's my contest outfit?" Danny asked excitedly almost as soon as Valencia opened the door, posing with a cheesy grin and two thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom