• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Adventure of Champions: Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Psyduck, vamos!" Valencia said excitedly, picking up her companion and running along after the others.

Travis stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked towards the Lab, wanting to take his time.

Danny slid to a stop in front of the door of the lab and knocked. After a moment a girl with long, dark hair and a white hat opened the door. "Hello? May we help you?"

"Hey! I'm Danny, and this is Buddy. These are my friends that I just met, Valencia, James, and Travis," Danny said, pointing behind him to his new acquaintances, "we're trainers here to get our Pokedexes. Except for James because he needs a Pokemon too. The rest of us have ones already."

The girl blinked. "Oh! Pokedexes, right. You came to the right place. Follow me!" she said cheerfully, leading the gang inside.

Valencia looked around as she followed, impressed by the various pieces of equipment in the lab.

As he followed behind everyone, Travis started to get a puzzled look on his face. Pokédex? I guess I do need one. Forgot about that...

Danny looked around as well, his eyes darting between the large shelves filled with books and the complex-looking machinery.

The girl stopped in front of a desk where an older man with a mustache was reading over some notes. "Everyone, meet Professor Rowan," the girl said. Professor Rowan looked up.

"I take it these are all new trainers?" he said in a gruff voice, "We don't usually have this many in one day."

"Well, I'm just here for a Pokédex," Valencia said with a hint of nervousness, but still maintaining a smile.

Travis chuckled lightly and smiled.

"Hardly a new trainer. I kinda need a Pokédex though. Journey across the region and whatnot."

"I need a 'dex too!" Danny said, pointing at himself with his thumb.

"Yes... very well," Professor Rowan said, "Dawn, tell Lucas to bring out four Pokédexes."

"Yes Professor," the girl said. She hurried off to a room in the back of the lab. The professor returned back to his notes, leaving the trainers to stand and wait in silence.

James was so exited, he forgot to mention about the Pokémon until Danny pointed it out.

"How about the Pokémon?" He then asked the professor, curious.

Rowan looked back up again, a little disgruntled to be distracted from his notes again. "Oh, you need a Pokemon. Right over here," he said, getting up and walking over to a device that had three Pokeballs sitting in it. "Each of these balls contains a Pokemon. You can pick one of these three to be your partner in all of your future journeys." He opened the first Pokeball and a green, turtle-like Pokemon emerged. "This is the grass type, Turtwig." The Turtwig seemed to be sleeping. The second Pokeball revealed an orange monkey with a flaming tail. "This is the fire type, Chimchar," the professor explained. The Chimchar jumped up and struck a happy-looking pose. "And last but not least," Rowan said, releasing the final Pokemon, "the water type, Piplup." The penguin Pokemon bowed. "Now choose wisely. The Pokemon you select will be your partner for the rest of your life."

"Kyaa! They're muy lindo!" Valencia cheered, "It's too bad I don't need any of them..."

James walked up towards the three Pokémon. He then kneeled down slightly, just as he did with Danny's partner. He looked at the Turtwig first, but since it was sleeping, it didn't give out much of a good first impression. He then passed to the Chimchar. James smiled slightly at it, but after noticing the fire emiting from its behind, the fire hazards flashed in his head. James shivered, then looked at the Piplup. The small penguin looked straight back at James, almos as if in a stare down. This went on for a few seconds, then James stood up.

"I've made my decision." He nodded towards the professor. "I'll choose... The Piplup." James announced, with a smile.

"Hm, fine," Rowan said, handing James Piplup's Pokeball. "I must warn you, this Pokemon's a bit picky about... everything."

Just then, Dawn came back followed by a boy in a red beret who was holding four small, electronic devices. "Hey," Lucas said. "These are your Pokedexes. Every time you meet a new Pokemon, some data for the Pokemon will be unlocked on the Pokedex. Try to get as much data as possible!" He handed a Pokedex to each of the new trainers.

"Thanks!" Danny said, gladly accepting the device and quickly opening it and pressing buttons.

"Muchas gracias, señor!" Valencia said as she examined the device. She figured she would try and mess with it once they got back outside, though.

Travis nodded his thanks as he took the Pokédex. He slowly inspected it, running his fingers across the smooth surface of the device and turning it over several times.

"Thanks." James smiled at Rowan. "Don't worry, I'll find a way to figure things out with the Piplup." He then assured just as he received his PokéDex. "Thank you." James nodded at Lucas, then placed the device on his pant's pocket.

Sheldon began walking down the route South of Floaroma Town. While most people would find the trip to be easily navigable, he was having a bit of trouble, as he's used to walking North of his town to Eterna. The only times he has gone South to visit Jubilife is if he was driven there, so he hadn't paid too much attention in that sort of situation.

"Man I'm lost." Sheldon sighed and sat on a ledge. The Burmy on his shoulder slid down onto his lap and mimicked his reactions. "Well, bud... I guess we can just continue southward." He suggested before standing up with Burmy in his hands.

The two continued South before eventually they found a pond. "I know this pond..." He spoke out loud before looking around. "There! It's Jubilife!" Sheldon cheered as he saw the tall buildings reaching over a few trees. He, with Burmy in hand, hurried down the path which eventually took him to his long awaited destination.

"Man, I love it here." Sheldon sighed happily as he looked around the large city. "Let's look for the Pokémon Center and hang out there a bit. The Contest isn't for a while." He spoke and decided to walk leisurely around town.

"Ok guys, are we all set to go?" Danny asked. "I mean... if you guys want to travel together. I don't know about the rest of you, but I could use some friends to keep me company."

"¡Por supuesto! Traveling alone would get kind of depressing after a while, I think," Valencia replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom