• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Adventure of Champions: Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Is it casual Friday?" Valencia asked teasingly, giving a wink. "No offense, though. You look nice."

"Huh...?" Danny blinked. But I'm wearing a tie... he thought. "Uh-uh, thanks. Anyway, we really should be going cuz the contest is starting in an hour or so and I really don't want to be late!"

"Well, alright, what are we sitting around here for, then?" Valencia giggled as she scooted past Danny and down the hall.

The conversation outside managed to wake James up, who, after hearing half of it, got up and picked Arthur up as he headed out. "Don't forget abou..." Mid-sentence, James gave a big yawn, after which he continued walking without a word, embarassed.

"I figured you'd be a bit more... flashy," Travis said to Danny after coming up to the doorway. He had returned Aerith to her Pokéball as she had fallen asleep almost immediately after they had went back to their rooms.

Travis had thought that Danny would have answered him, but when the other teen ran off, he simply shrugged and followed.

((OOC: Sorry he kidna ignored Travis. I honestly couldn't think of anything to say. ^^ Anyway, I'm going to skip a little bit again since I'd like to finally get this moving along))

Danny stopped for a moment outside of the contest hall. It was a large, domed building with a giant ribbon on the front. "Ok guys, let's go win us a ribbon!" he cheered, before realizing that he had returned his Pokemon to their balls before leaving. "Oh..." he muttered, embarrassed.

The girl with the Lucario waited patiently in her dressing room. "I'm ready for this Contest. We've been preparing forever for this. Let's win this."

Valencia arrived not long after Danny.

"You go sign up, I'll get myself a seat," she told him as she jogged off.

"Ok! Will do!" Danny said, running inside and straight to the registration desk. After a few moments, he was in his dressing room. He was already dressed, so he had a few minutes to mentally prepare himself. "Ok, we've practiced and trained hard. We can do it," he said, mostly to himself but Buddy was also there listening. The Pokemon cuddles close to its master to comfort him. "Oh," Danny exclaimed, reaching for Tess's Pokeball. He released the small, yellow Pokemon. "Hey Tess, I want you to watch the contest with my friends, ok?" he told her. Tess hesitated for a moment but then agreed. "Great, they should be down that hall in the big room. If you can't find them, come back here." Tess nodded with a smile and a squeak of consent and ran off.

Standing with his friends, Travis quietly took in his surroundings. He vaguely remembered watching a contest years ago, and how everything seemed so fancy and over the top. But he couldn't recall if it was only the contestants that dressed up. Even so, the atmosphere was beginning to make him uncomfortable and a small part of him wanted to hurry up and get this over with.

"I'm all ready." The girl said as she walked closer to the curtain with her Lucario. "It's our turn near the beginning, so let's get ready now."

Danny stood up and returned Buddy to his ball. "Good luck," he told his Pokemon. He made his way to the waiting room where the other contestants were. There was a screen where the stage could be seen. The MC was just stepping out to announce the judges and start the show.

Meanwhile, Tess spotted Travis, Valencia, and James through the legs of the crowd and ran over to them. "Pi!" she called out so they would notice her.

Last edited:
"The performances are beginning!" The girl gasped as she stepped out of the way for a man with a Drifblim to step past. "Wow, there's some intimidating competition." She spoke to her Lucario as she watched the man wait eagerly behind the curtain, ready to step onto the stage as the first contestant.

Danny rapped his fingers on his legs as he watched the first contestant emerge onstage. They released a large balloon-like Pokemon and began their performance. "I had no idea they would be this good at the first contest," Danny muttered to himself.

"Well, just because it's your first doesn't mean it's everybody else's." The girl said, walking up to Danny. "I plan on wiping the floor with them anyway." She spoke in a joking way, although realized after she spoke that it may have come off the wrong way.

"Oh... that's true. I guess I hadn't thought about that," Danny said to the girl. For some reason, she intimidated him quite a bit. That's probably just the anxiety at work, he thought, glancing back at the screen. The first performance had just finished up.

"I'm going now. I might see you later." The girl spoke as she ran off to the stage.

-------------

"Our next Coordinator comes from Oreburgh City! Say hello to Carly!" The MC cheered as the girl ran onto the stage with her Lucario.

"Let's do this!" Carly called as Lucario jumped to the center of the stage. "Use Sword Dance." She commanded, followed by her Pokémon performing a graceful dance with punches and kicks skillfully weaved throughout. "Bone Rush!" She added. Lucario forged a long, green, glistening bone between his paws which he twirled like a baton and added into his dance. "Again!" Carly cheered, giving Lucario the cue to create another bone from his paws and juggle them while continuing the intricate dance.

"Finish this with Metal Claw." Carly concluded. Lucario threw both bones into the air and create shimmering silver claws from his paws. He jumped into the air and slashed ruthlessly at the bones. Unable to withstand the attack, the bones shattered and rained gently onto the stage with Lucario landing softly in the midst of it.

"Wow, that was impressive," Valencia commented, with a smile on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom