• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Adventure (Start-Up/Closed to me, Red Eon and Eeveelutionary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoy

the bug catcher pokémon
Reaction score
As the morning sun came through the window, Lysander's silvery eyes slowly opened. He sat up in bed, and stretched out his arms, yawning. As he swung his feet, he jumped, and landed on the black-carpeted floor. Walking to his drawers, he pulled out a black three-quarter sleeved shirt, a pair of black jeans, a silver belt, and silver sandals. Heading out of his bedroom door, he leapt down the stairs, and into the kitchen, where his mother was waiting for him. "Hi, Lysander. Up early, aren't you?" his mother said lightheartedly, smiling at him kindly. She had prepared waffles for herself and Lysander, and then they sat down to the meal. His mother's Blissey, Peace, walked into the room, along with Pyrite, her Magby. Her main pokémon was her Dragonite, who had a special door of her own so she could enter and leave the house as she pleased. As they ate, Lysander began to daydream about his future. But there was so many starters to choose from: Eevee, Dratini, Caterpie and Pichu, to name a few.

Lysander didn't know which one he would choose. He would have to decide when he got there. "Pick a strong one, now, Lysander, like that Pichu," his father said, walking into the room. He was a fan of Electric-types, but Lysander wasn't sure that he wanted to choose the Pichu. "I'll decide when I get there," Lysander said, glaring at his father. "Now don't you worry, Lysander. Your journey will be just fine. You did pack, didn't you, Lysander?" his mother asked him in a flurry. "Yes, I packed, mum," Lysander told her, getting up from his seat, as he had finished his breakfast. His mother stood up too, and said wistfully, "You're such a big boy now, aren't you?" Lysander left the room, but not before hugging her. He loved his mother to bits. Running up the stairs, he quickly brushed his teeth in the bathroom, and then dashed into his bedroom, picking up his silver-and-black satchel. Now, going back down the stairs, his mother waited for him on the patio. Closing the front door gently, he walked to her side.

Her eyes were full of tears. "I know how hard this is, for me as well as you. I know I'll miss you, though, mum," Lysander said, tears in his eyes, too. "But don't worry. I'll be fine, just like you said. Just like you always did." His mother laughed, and then enveloped him in another hug, pulling him tight to her. "Have a good adventure, Lysey!" she exclaimed, as Lysander stepped off of the patio. He mounted his bicycle, and then pedalled off, waving behind him and shouting to his mother that he loved her. "I love you too, Lysey!" his mother shouted, maybe a little too loud, as some neighbours emerged from their houses, and looked at her strangely. As Lysander came to the trees he knew marked the border of Twinleaf Town, he cycled past it, and then onto Route 201. Finally, his adventure was beginning.

After what seemed like ages, he arrived in Sandgem Town. He stopped pedalling momentarily to take in the sights of the town. Asking for directions to Rowan's lab, he thanked those who gave him them. Arriving outside of Rowan's laboratory, he noticed that he was slightly early. Walking inside, he was greeted by two of Rowan's assistants, and then Rowan walked to greet him two. "Hello, Mr. Dawson. Your mother's told me all about you," he beamed. Lysander blushed nervously, and also because he was stranger-shy. "Now, you can pick whichever of these you like." Lysander looked, and counted the seventeen pokémon: one for each type. This was one of the days he had dreamed of: becoming a Trainer! Looking at them all, he noted all of the pokémon: Eevee, Tyrogue, Pidgey, Ekans, Sandshrew, Bonsly, Caterpie, Misdreavus, Mawile, Charmander, Buizel, Chikorita, Pichu, Abra, Snorunt, Dratini and Poochyena.

He sat down, and then approached the pokémon. "Hmm," he whispered gently. Then, he stood up, and pointed to the Buizel. "Can I have him, please?" Lysander asked politely. "Of course," Rowan said, handing him the Buizel's pokéball, and five other pokéballs, along with a pokédex. The Buizel, looking up at Lysander, immediately ran to him, and then Lysander bent down, picking him up gently. Rowan's assistants looked astonished. "That Buizel wouldn't let any of us go near it!" one exclaimed. Lysander hugged Buizel to his chest, and said, "Hey, there, Zel." Zel looked up at him, and licked his chin, making Lysander chuckle.

As the sun rose above Snowpoint city, Aimi Shimizu tried to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes, but was blinded by the sun coming from outside. She got out of her bed and dressed herself in her winter clothes, packing her normal clothes in her bag. She walked gently down the stairs, and sat down on a chair. She did her best not to fall asleep on her plate. Suddenly, her father entered the house and told Aimi to be quick. ''Hurry, Aimi. I'm going to Jubilife City in 15 minutes!'' Aimi nodded and thought about her first Pokémon. She decided that she would go for a cute one. She finished eating and went outside. It was snowing lightly as she got on her father's Staraptor's back. She did fly on Staraptor's back sometimes, but these were usually short distances. As Staraptor took flight, she did her best not to fall asleep again.
- Sometime Later -
Staraptor dropped Aimi's father in Jubilife Town. He ordered Staraptor to go to Sandgem Town after a brief good-bye. Aimi fell asleep yet again, and dreamed about her journey. Suddenly, Staraptor woke her by throwing her off his back. They arrived. Aimi stroked Staraptor and waved as she entered Prof. Rowan's lab. ''Uhm... Hello there!'' She said to Lysander and Rowan.

The day marking the start of my Pokémon journey started off in a less favorable way I woke up with a huge sneeze. “ACHOOOO! Suna! You forgot to keep your skitty from sneaking into my room.” Of all the days to wake up to one of the nine Pokémon my sisters have why did it have to be that skitty of my sister Suna. “Sorry Nova. I thought she was in my room.” I get out of bed but my head feel really heavy and it is yet again another of my sisters Pokémon. “Yuna your pidgey fell asleep on my head again.” “Sorry I thought she was on her perch.” I get out of bed with Yuna’s pidgey still perched on top of my head just to get a rude surprise. I stepped on my third sisters Furret who was sleeping at the edge of my bed so it fell off and scratched me. “OW!” “Sorry Nova I forgot to keep her in my room.” Aside from all this I get changed into my normal clothes but today I put on my gloves then I head down stairs to see my sister’s Yuna and Luna unpacking the last of the boxes while Suna is making breakfast.

As soon as they seem me coming down the stairs they can help but cry since I’m going to leave to start my adventure today but their sadness quickly becomes fear when Suna’s Shellos (West Sea) slimes the step and I slip. “AH!” “NO GO BLAZIKEN SAVE OUR BROTHER!” Yuna acts quickly sending out her Blaziken who easily catches me then hugs me burying my face into her chest before letting me go. “Thanks but why is it that your Blaziken always does that to me?” “Because like us she loves you.” I simply shrug then head into the kitchen where Suna and her Lucario and Gardevoir are helping with breakfast. “Are you ok?” “Yes just a little embarrassed form the Blaziken hug but I’m fine.”

We sit down to eat and usually there is a decent chatter but this time it’s quiet because this is like the last breakfast we will share. “So you start your adventure today right Nova…” “Yes Yuna but you do know my name is Zack right?” “yes but we like calling you Nova…” Again another silence falls over us then my sisters speak up in an insisting manner… “Nova I insist you take my Lucario.” “And my Blaziken.” “And my Lopunny.” My sisters all insist on me taking their Pokémon that care for me as much as they do but I always say the same thing… “No I want to go on adventure with my own Pokémon. One that I can make a bond with. Yours already love me enough to even lay down their life for mine to take them wouldn’t make my adventure exciting…” All my sisters even their Pokémon let out a sad sigh as we finish eating.

We all head outside as I put on my bag full of medicines and 3,000 funds from my sisters to help me buy things. “Well I guess this is by…” ‘Right…” All my sisters fall silent as they and their Pokémon quickly gather around me for a huge group hug tears and crying but they let go so I can take off but instead of me riding my bike Suna insists on me riding her Arcanine so I do as we quickly take off I take one last look back to see my sisters waving to my. “I’ll try to come home some time… I promise…”

After about fifteen minutes we reach Sandgem Town just outside of Rowan's lab. “Good girl Arcanine. Now go home so my sisters know I made it.” I scratch Arcanine behind her ear then she licks my face before dashing home and I enter Rowan’s lab and am greeted by an assistant then by Rowan. “Ah you must be Nova.” “Um excuse me sir…” “Yes?” “My name’s Zack.” Rowan just keeps calling me Nova as he takes me to get my Pokémon to start my journey. “Um… Rowan?” “Yes?” “Who are they?” I notice two other people are here so Rowan tells me they are two other trainers. “They are Aimi Shimizu and Lysander. But you don’t have time to chat.” He takes me to the back to choose my Pokémon but instead the Eevee he has jumps right onto my shoulder and starts to rub against my cheek. “I think I’ll choose this one she is so cute.” “And she apparently really likes you so here…” Rowan hands me five Pokeballs including the one for Eevee but I decide to keep her out with me and then I head over to say hi to the other new trainers.

OOC: Umm... RP posts should be in 3rd person, but if you want to write in 1st person, then it's fine with me.
BIC: ''Umm... Hi! I see you got a Pokémon too,'' Aimi said as she looked around. ''I think I'm gonna get one too. Wait a few seconds.'' Aimi walked into the back room, accidentally waking up a Dratini. Aimi flinched for a second, afraid of an attack. However, the Dratini started staring at her in a cute way. ''Umm... I think I'll take this one...'' Aimi said, pointing at the Dratini. She hugged the Dratini briefly, looking at it's response. It continued to stare in a cute way, and Aimi settled it; this would be her starter. She walked back to the froont room, looking at Nova. ''So, what's your name?'' She asked.

"Oh uh my name is Zack but I guess my sisters told Rowan that they call me by our last name Nova..." I say nervously to Aimi then I quickly look away at Eevee still on my shoulder but Eevee can see I'm embarrassed. I just feel funny being around people I've never met before.

''Why are you embarrassed?'' Aimi said. ''After all, we should get to know each other well now that we are going on a journey together, right? By the way, my name is Aimi. Pleased to meet you! By the way, you lookd older than me...'' Aimi giggled.

"Oh I didn't know I was going to journey with others... And I'm 17 but I guess I look older since I'm so tall and I'm embarrassed because I'm use to seeing my three sisters I have not met many other people..." Nova tells Aimi before looking back at Eevee but instead of finding her on his shoulder she moved up and placed herself on his head. "Oh I guess this seems funny my new Pokemon Eevee sitting on my head like this." Nova chuckles a bit.

''Indeed it does.'' Aimi giggled. ''Anyway, who's the other one?'' Aimi said, reffering to Lysander.

"I'm not sure I just got here thanks to my sister Suna's Arcanine giving me a ride." Nova replies before feeling Eevee fall asleep on his head. "Oh that is so cute..." Then he take his attention off of Eevee and puts it onto the other person in Rowans lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom