• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Aether Foundation Speculation

Reaction score
So today it has been revealed that next to Team Skull, another organisation will be present in Sun/Moon: The Aether Foundation.
The Aether Foundation works in the Alola region. The foundation’s goal is to care for Pokémon that have been hurt.

The Aether Foundation has constructed an artificial island called Aether Paradise. There, they not only provide shelter for Pokémon, but also conduct various research projects. It seems that the main character will also be able to visit Aether Paradise during the adventure.

Members of the Aether Foundation:
  • Lusamine: The lovely Lusamine functions as the Aether Foundation’s president
  • Faba: The Aether Foundation branch chief sports green sunglasses. They’re his signature accessory! He seems very proud of his position as branch chief.
  • Wicke: The assistant branch chief of Aether Paradise has a caring personality, so she’s loved by all the Aether Foundation employees.
  • Employees of the Aether Foundation: The employees of the Aether Foundation shelter and care for Pokémon. Their uniforms appear to depend on which division they belong to.
So what do you think of the Aether Foundation? What will their role during the story be? Are they truly good guys taking care of Pokémon and doing research or is something more sinister going on? Discuss!

As I said in the Team Skull thread, I find it funny that everyone's so quick to jump on the conclusion that they're the ones with the ulterior motive. While I can see it happening and while I personally want their dynamic to be either Grey and Gray Morality or Black and Gray Morality, I'll find it hilarious if Game Freak tricks the savvy ones by doing the obvious Black and White Morality dynamic instead.

Well now we know why Guzma was so low levelled. Hear me out, but I think after the trials, the games story continues with the Aether Foundation, and the point when you reach Aether Island is actually the middle of the game. They could be good for all we know, but something tells me that their whole utopia angle and the too good to be true angle hides something sinister.

I think we're jumping the gun on these guys being evil. And even if they are evil this does not make team skull somehow good in comparison.

Honestly I think we should take the Aether Foundation at face value the games first Good Team. That's something new for Pokemon.

I think we're jumping the gun on these guys being evil. And even if they are evil this does not make team skull somehow good in comparison.

Honestly I think we should take the Aether Foundation at face value the games first Good Team. That's something new for Pokemon.
Well we have to consider that Gideon, Lillie and Lusamire(or whatever the hell that name is, it won't stick in my brain for a while) are siblings, and Lillie's detestment of battles could be from the clashes between her older siblings, and her abuse as an Ultra Beast.

Okay, hear me out, but I think Colress is actually an Aether Executive, or whatever their higher ups are called. You have the diamond buttons, and he is the missing color in their 4 color dynamic. See, Yellow-Green-Red are all shown today, each with a lighter hue as a result of being mixed with white. So with that you get a softer Yellow and Green,as well as pink. And what is Colress' main color? Sky Blue, whoch is a result of being mixed with white.

Last edited:
I believe they are the true antagonists, but they may have good intent, just that the main character does not agree with them.

I believe they are doing research on the Pokemon they are taking care of, either using "we care for hurt Pokemon" is a front/ cover up, or that they really believe in their own ideals.
I believe they are making some artificial Pokemon in the lab, which the protagonist would disagree.

I think now we know why Team Skull is so weak and goofy, and that they don't look like people who'd deal real damage.

Nope, nope, nope, noper, nopeey. They look not-so-secretly secretly antagonistic. They even have grunts employees!

Not that I wouldn't mind an additional villainous team to stop. Between their white outfits, research focus and group name that differs from "Team _____," they have elements of Cipher. In fact, they're the Cipher to Team Skull's Team Snagem.

Dabbling with these "beasts" that plague Alola can't possibly have 100% good intentions behind it.

Last edited:
I swear to God that someone at Game Freak watched Tangled beforehand.

14233175_543819492476732_947556745276340472_n.png

2e34c0000fc84eca6a6ed09af2d42fd271e9fe4e_by_highrollerhydra-dagtmta.png

All fair skinned blondes are Rapunzel?

Seriously though, her hair is literally just anime hair. I don't think there's any connection.
You're forgetting the green eyes, dude.

I try to have some fun and people jump on me.

You're forgetting the green eyes, dude.

I try to have some fun and people jump on me.

I wasn't jumping on you, though. I'm sorry if it came across that way, but I was just responding to your post.

This Aether Foundation creeps me out lol. In any event, it's so refreshing to see that Sun/Moon's plot might not put me to sleep.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom