• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Alola Region

I hope there are post game islands that might not be in the map. They don't have to be very far away from Alola but it be cool if they are just outside the map.

I hope there are post game islands that might not be in the map. They don't have to be very far away from Alola but it be cool if they are just outside the map.
What if the postgame doesn't happen on multiple islands, but underwater?

Someone mentioned seeing stairs near the blue building in this image:
Screen_20160625_093022.jpg

^That looks like one of those "Ooh the camera angle changes to face the water and JUST LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS VIEW!" things. It would be exciting if we could go underwater there though.

Does anyone see anything on Alola's map that looks like we'll be getting some sort of side activity like Contests, Pokéatlon, or PokéStar Studios? Kalos lacked one of those, and given how Masuda doesn't think people would like the Battle Frontier due to being too challenging, I'm worried that this mentality will carry over to the exclusion of regional side quests as well.

Does anyone see anything on Alola's map that looks like we'll be getting some sort of side activity like Contests, Pokéatlon, or PokéStar Studios? Kalos lacked one of those, and given how Masuda doesn't think people would like the Battle Frontier due to being too challenging, I'm worried that this mentality will carry over to the exclusion of regional side quests as well.
There is one building on the 3rd island that honestly looks like it could be a Contest Hall. Its right by the volcanic area in the north east of the island.

There is one building on the 3rd island that honestly looks like it could be a Contest Hall. Its right by the volcanic area in the north east of the island.
Here's the building in question:
Screen_20160626_231614.jpg

I am actually hoping that it isn't a Contest Hall, becaused those really bombed in ORAS. I am rather hoping that it's the building for Battle Royals, which doesn't turn out to be a multiplayer-only feature.

^ I actually am a fan of Hoenn contests. I wouldn't mind seeing their return :)
I am a fan of the origianl Contests from Emerald. The Contests in ORAS just is so easy, so I haven't done one since obtaining Alpha Sapphire.

Contests have been in two regions already. I think that it's time for something else and this Battle Royal seems like the bes bet. :)

I am a fan of the origianl Contests from Emerald. The Contests in ORAS just is so easy, so I haven't done one since obtaining Alpha Sapphire.

Contests have been in two regions already. I think that it's time for something else and this Battle Royal seems like the bes bet. :)

I honestly didn't notice much of a difference? I thought the contests in both RSE and ORAS were pretty much the same, outside of mega evolution bonus and the added storyline.

I honestly didn't notice much of a difference? I thought the contests in both RSE and ORAS were pretty much the same, outside of mega evolution bonus and the added storyline.
Well, there were a lot of changes to combo setups and the way certain moves worked, contests were made easy to get into where you could get into any rank from any hall, only one ribbon to earn from each contest type (instead of one for each rank) and one given to those who cleared every Master Rank contest, and the removal of the Sheen stat (so your Pokémon can reach max stats in every field). The latter is most important because it's one of the key components to beating Lisia in a Master Rank Contest.

On the topic at hand... Be cautious as always, but I think it stands to reason that there would be a single player variant of the Battle Royale. Typically, these extra areas have a multiplayer function that's accessed in a different area - even Pokémon Musicals had them in Gen V! I dunno if that building will be where it's held.

Yoooooooo that rock gorge with Stouland riding. And good lord that cave is effing baller. Multiple routes through it and that sun shining through the shrubbery. Nigyt time is going to be magical.

7.8/10 too much water

Anyone think we'll see the return of dive? It doesn't look like we can surf to far out but I see a few areas that could surf out into the middle of the water. Plus I doubt every island will be available by boat atleast the last 2 should be surfable to.

7.8/10 too much water

Anyone think we'll see the return of dive? It doesn't look like we can surf to far out but I see a few areas that could surf out into the middle of the water. Plus I doubt every island will be available by boat atleast the last 2 should be surfable to.
Well, with so much water, it would be a wasted opportunity to not include multiple, beautiful and bright underwater dive routes.

The region continues to look amazing you guys. A good balance so far with dense claustrophobic areas and large open routes. So far the color palette is leagues ahead of the overly washed out feel of XY and ORAS' neon rocks. Its the right amoint of colorful with some more natiral color saturation. Also boat traversal between islands seems to be confirmed. So cool to see you in the boat woth Hau, like if B2W2 had actual cutscenes.Gonna have to fuck up on a royal scale for me to dislike Alola, so far its the best looking region since Sinnoh for me.

The region continues to look amazing you guys. A good balance so far with dense claustrophobic areas and large open routes. So far the color palette is leagues ahead of the overly washed out feel of XY and ORAS' neon rocks. Its the right amoint of colorful with some more natiral color saturation. Also boat traversal between islands seems to be confirmed. So cool to see you in the boat woth Hau, like if B2W2 had actual cutscenes.Gonna have to fuck up on a royal scale for me to dislike Alola, so far its the best looking region since Sinnoh for me.

Same. As much as I still want them to return to Kalos and do something about that situation, the more I see of this region and how much it continues to impress, the less I care. This region definitely holds up by itself, it's so vibrant and lively.

Yeah the region looks miles more interesting than Kalos for me. I don't usually get excited for the region itself, but this time around I'm finding it hard not to be. I love the archipelago route they went with region this time and all the environments look so rich and the map so dense. I think the slight change in graphics helps too since I never liked the chibi or squareness in Gen VI games.

Back
Top Bottom