• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Alola Region

Fig

Reaction score
First we got the Kanto plains.
Then we got the Kansai region
Next came Kyushu, and after that Hokkaido.
Black and White brought us to New York, and then we saw France (but no underpants)

So, with Gen VII now coming...where do we all think we'll be traveling next?

I would hope to be based off California, both Northern and Southern California.

That's probably not going to happen though.

Someone mentioned Singapore in the other thread, and I could see that as it'd fit the tropical theme. Also, I found this over at Serebii:

BpnRKHA.jpg

Apparently the Raffles Hotel there has a notable resemblance.

I mentioned this before, but the fire trucks are yellow from the screenshots, so this place is wherever that has yellow fire trucks instead of red

Singapore could be pretty interesting.

Singapore and Spain have both been brought up as possibilities. I'm more hopeful for Spain, mainly because I really want to see Barcelona, with its Gaudi architecture, represented in a Pokemon game.

There was a rumor I thought was interesting. It involved the Pokémon Super Bowl commercial. Without giving too much of an explanation, there was a guy, seemingly from India, next to a woman dressed up like she was French...
As we all know by now, Kalos is based on France.
So I am betting on a region based on India this time around.

It's definitely tropical/a warmer climate, looking at the one shot with the Horsea fountain. Exciting.

Singapore has my vote. It also has a strong chinese connection to fit with them inserting chinese into the available languages

first I thought it would be Spain or Italy, but now... a region based on another continent like Australia, Syngapore, Hawaii or even a south american country makes sense. But certainly the town has a tropical or at best mediterranean climate.

I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get a Mediterranean setting, given how GF teased me with Kiloude City ;_;

Ah crap, I just made a region thread. :unsure:

Like I said in my thread, Hawaii. Strange Souvenir looks like a tiki, liscense plates have a rainbow, Americana inspired motel, and the resort vibe all fit.
I'd be very disappointed if we didn't get a Mediterranean setting, given how GF teased me with Kiloude City ;_;
Then again, South Kalos with Mwditerranean summer vibes is baller. Bring me those Nice inspired shores.

We may eventually, but I doubt it will be this setting. Still, they could surprise us.

Like I said in my thread, Hawaii. Strange Souvenir looks like a tiki, liscense plates have a rainbow, Americana inspired motel, and the resort vibe all fit.

Not a bad idea

We may eventually, but I doubt it will be this setting. Still, they could surprise us.
I Want To Believe... but for now anything goes, really. It'd be easier to definitively state what the new region isn't going to be than what it is (for example, it probably isn't Belarus).

An island chain as the primary setting would be a neat change of pace, since usually those are resigned to postgame areas such as the Sevii Islands.

UK for VII. Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves~
Now that I have that out of my system, I'm still hopeful for the rest of France to be used, so we have southern Kalos and northern Kalos to visit in SM. The screenshot of that building with the fountain seems pretty tropical, so I have some doubts. A second tropical region would be a nice change of pace, so maybe a country in the tropics.

The regions Protector Mon being portrayed by a tiki head works for Hawaii, as the head honcho of their gods is tied to the Sun.

I'm going to say South East China with some of the routes are located are in northern Vietnam or the Chinese side of the border of China and Vietnam since I think the Pokémon Sun and Moon versions are a possible reference to the Chinese Folk Religion deities of the Moon (Chang'e) and Sun (Xihe)

i wanna make a prediction, but only once we have more pictures. though i imagine it's going to be somewhere tropical. it's been a while (three generations) since we've been to the tropics.

Back
Top Bottom