• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Amazing Race Australia: Who Will Win? (Possible Spoilers)

Who do you think will win The Amazing Race Australia 5

• Brendon & Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jaskirat & Anurag

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

indigohex3

Reaction score
WARNING: Possible spoilers from tonight's episode. DO NOT VIEW THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN EPISODE 23 (Tonight's Episode)

Well, we are now down to the last three (and if you watched it last night, you know who they are as tonight is non-elimination). Sunday night is the finale and one team will be A$250,000 richer. The final three, in order of arrival at the end of tonight's episode:

Brendon & Jackson (Cowboys)
Jaskirat & Anurag (Super Sikhs)
Ashleigh & Amanda (Gold Coast Girls)

And not the form guide for the final three:

Brendon & Jackson (the Cowboys) finished 12th at the end of Leg 1, and had been doing pretty well, winning the First Class Pass after finishing first in Leg 14. They finished in the bottom two in a non-elimination leg twice (last in both Leg 11 and Leg 17). In Leg 11 (which was handed out by MJ & Chelsea), their Salvage was they had access to electronic maps for the entire Leg 12 and in Leg 18, their Salvage (handed out by Ashleigh and Amanda) meant that they only had to do half of the challenge (e.g. carry 5 sandstone bricks when everyone else had to carry 10 and only had to find two cows instead of four for everyone else)

The first three legs were dominated by Jaskirat & Anurag who earned the first First Class Pass of the race, but fell down into the middle finishing second last at the end of Leg 8 and received a Sabotage from the first Stowaway Team MJ & Chelsea (both AFLW players from the Adelaide Crows) and both had to carry large plush kangaroos for the entirety of Leg 9.

Last but not least, Ashleigh and Amanda, the Gold Coast Girls. They finished 8th in Leg 1, but has eight legs including two First Class Passes (seating out Leg 6 and Leg 18) and has never received a Salvage nor a Sabotage.

And finally, the best bit of tonight's episode from the Cowboys at the Pit Stop in Sydney:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1374294171842842626

MY TIP: I love Jaskirat & Anurag, but I am going for Ashleigh and Amanda to win Season 5 (the second season to air on Network 10).

The finale is on Sunday at 7:30 on Network 10.

RETROSPECTIVE SPOILER WARNING: The last post contained spoilers.

I was just scrolling through blogs and I saw this and OMG I didn't realise Australia has a TAR and also OMG that someone else loves this show!! Me and my best mate at uni illegally streamed so much TAR when we were at university that our other housemates/friends were thoroughly sick of it and of us. We loved it SO much that we organised a charity TAR event in Cornwall and set a clue that was so bad that it sent all but one team on a 3-4hr long detour... I love it so much that the theme song is still my phone ringtone LOL.

Anyway, this looks awesome and maybe I need to now get back into the franchise :p

We do have our own version. It (The Amazing Race Australia was originally on Seven (which airs the original US version), but now airs on Network 10 (Seven still airs the US version). Network 10 picked it up not long after it was purchased by what was then CBS Corporation (owner of CBS which airs The Amazing Race in the US), but is now owned by ViacomCBS after the merger between Viacom and CBS.

And is it okay to ask you about the 33rd season of The Amazing Race? Has it aired in the US yet, because I have heard no news on it apart from the delay due to COVID-19 (which also plagued the fifth season here)?

And for those interested, the Cowboys won.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom