• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Animation Director Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Animation Director Thread (Sticky?)

I was complaining too much about Ogata, I missed this one.

Great, really great.

You would think Ogata wouldn't even be let near such an important episode...

O-okay I know how old this thread is but...

What did happen to Hirooka? :(

What did happen to Hirooka? :(

Gee, you know, I really don't know. He hasn't animated since 37 episodes ago. But I've been considering, knowing that I may be wrong, but the tiny scan of DP187 looks like Iwane, and if not, Shimura. It's still a little too early for Natsume to come in, although you can easily tell by looking at Ash in the picture that it can be Iwane.

Okay, news update!

DP187 Masaaki Iwane

Thank goodness, Iwane is back!

Last edited:

Gee, you know, I really don't know. He hasn't animated since 37 episodes ago. But I've been considering, knowing that I may be wrong, but the tiny scan of DP187 looks like Iwane, and if not, Shimura. It's still a little too early for Natsume to come in, although you can easily tell by looking at Ash in the picture that it can be Iwane.

Okay, news update!

DP187 Masaaki Iwane

Thank goodness, Iwane is back!
I think I'm going to hold off on that "thank goodness" until I see who animated DP188, which is the final episode of the Satoshi-VS-Shinji 3-parter. I'd like to think it could be Tamagawa, but appropriate at that would be it's very unlikely. My guess is that it's Shimura.

I think I'm going to hold off on that "thank goodness" until I see who animated DP188, which is the final episode of the Satoshi-VS-Shinji 3-parter. I'd like to think it could be Tamagawa, but appropriate at that would be it's very unlikely. My guess is that it's Shimura.

Iwane will double dip for sure, hence his long absence. Or Tamagawa. They won't put the final part of the Ash VS Paul battle in the hands of an inferior animation team. Forget it.

By "thank goodness", I meant that Iwane is not the new Takeda.

For DP188, I'm hoping for Tamagawa or Hirooka (although they're very unlikely). Maybe Iwane will double dip after all, as Shimura double dipped between AG154 and AG155. Who says Iwane can't (unlikely, once again)?

Thanks to Maganon for the info;

DP188- Masāki Iwane
DP189- Kunihiko Natsume
DP190- Akira Takeuchi
DP191- Masāki Iwane

Last edited:
Thanks to Maganon for the info;

DP188- Masāki Iwane
DP189- Kunihiko Natsume
DP190- Akira Takeuchi
DP191- Masāki Iwane

Well, Kairyu, it looks like you were right; Iwane is doing two episodes in a row, plus the final episode of DP to boot.

who did the last episode 186? he was amazing!

I hope DP 188 for Iwane or Tamagawa.

I think this thread should be fused with the storyboard thread.Since the animation of an episode depends of good scene planning as much as the number of frames,and the anime directors regularly do episodes with a story boarder in specific.

Well, Kairyu, it looks like you were right; Iwane is doing two episodes in a row, plus the final episode of DP to boot.

*cheers*

Isn't Natsume the one animating DP189? Iwane couldn't do much if he's just a key animator for it.

Let me spell it out for you as you have goofed it up.

DP187 - Masāki Iwane
DP188 - Masāki Iwane
DP189 - Kunihiko Natsume w. Masāki Iwane key animation
DP190 - Akira Takeuchi
DP191 - Masāki Iwane

Let me spell it out for you as you have goofed it up.

DP187 - Masāki Iwane
DP188 - Masāki Iwane
DP189 - Kunihiko Natsume w. Masāki Iwane key animation
DP190 - Akira Takeuchi
DP191 - Masāki Iwane

Only ONE episode without Iwanemation in this list? I must be in heaven :XD:!

So, when do you think Tamagawa is going to come in and animate an ep for BW? His first DP ep wasn't until 39 episodes into the series, so this will also probably take a while. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom