• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

    For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

    Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- The battle was on and Boss was raring to go. This was about more than learning a new move, this was also about proving to Buizel that you have what it takes to be its trainer. Both Boss and Buizel seem to be going for the same tactic, with both aiming to nail Power-Up Punch out of the gate! The pair rush towards each other, gathering strength into their right paws. You watch the pair carefully, Buizel seems to be gathering a lot more energy, while Boss seemed to be more concentrated on landing the attack itself. As the two come together, Boss nails Buizel in the chest with his Power-Up Punch, unfortunately while the attack connects it seems as though he didn't receive the boost! Buizel is thrown off by the blow, he'd been more focused on gathering the energy for the attack. He swings his punch as he is knocked backwards, he misses but some of the energy he had gathered for the attack remains with him, increasing his attack! Two attempts of the same move, two very different results. Buizel looks a bit disgruntled, he doesn't like that Boss managed to land the first hit. The Water type leaps into the air, its tail spinning like a propeller as it lets out a powerful Sonic Boom. Boss is knocked backwards by the attack and Buizel presses the advantage. It follows up with a Water Gun, slamming the Pancham in the chest with a powerful stream of water. While one of the purposes of this battle was to master Power-Up Punch, it was important not to focus solely on that. This was the first time you'd actually seen Buizel battle, it wasn't in a position to fight when you'd originally encountered it. It seemed to be fighting with purpose, it wasn't just going to roll over and concede. Boss had a real fight on his paws...


Jason watches with a current of excitement running through him as the two Pokemon gather up energy for their first use of this new technique. The dueling Pokemon clash, and he lets out a woop as Boss manages to inch in the first blow, but a moment later his eyes go wide as he notices that the energy he was gathering dissipated in order to strike earlier, while Buizel was able to nail the effect even when he couldn't land it onto Boss.

"Woah... He's a fast learner. Alright, le-" Jason goes to command Boss again, before he's cut off by Buziel jumping into the air and nailing his Pancham with the sharp force of a Sonic Boom rippling through the air. As he watches Buizel purposefully continues the pressure with a pinpoint Water Gun, he realizes that he focused too much on emphasizing that they learn Power-Up Punch that he forgot to think about what would happen after the first exchange, while Buizel is fighting steps ahead not just to learn, but to win.

Boss stumbles up to his feet and spits into the grass, glancing back fiercely at Buizel. That second blow caused him to lose the leaf he'd been chewing on all morning to make himself look tough, and the wound to his image further intensifies the sparks flying between the two Pokemon. He glances back to Jason and makes a gesture of knocking his paw against his skull, "get your head in the game, man!" he seems to say, chiding his Trainer a bit.

Jason takes a deep breath and nods to him, "right!" He looks out over the field ahead of him and strategizes. Those two attacks from Buizel didn't utilize the attack boost from Power-Up Punch, but Boss isn't the best against special attacks, either. If Buizel goes for a Move that takes advantage of the boost, he'll be in serious trouble, though. He'll need to quickly find a combination that will help him keep up with the damage he's taken now, and the damage Buizel will inflict in his next volley... Ah! I got it!

"Boss! Soften Buizel up with a Leer, then try your Power-Up Punch again! Don't worry about landing it, just try to get the boost, then you can blow him away with Arm Thrust!" Jason commands. Hopefully, the combination of decreasing Buizel's defense and increasing Boss' attack will result in an overwhelming series of strikes!

Boss smirks and nods, turning back to his opponent with a sharp glare in his eye that says, you're in for it, now... He tightens up his stance and holds paws up to his face as he concentrates power into one of his arms. With a deep breath, he suddenly rushes towards his opponent to give him a left hook, with the intent to launch a flurry of open-handed strikes with his right as soon as he has an opening!
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
199
Reaction score
3

Meetan- Eager to make it back to the warehouse in time but equally desperate to get Eridian healed up, you ask the old craftswoman whether she knows of a local healer or anywhere you could get the Bagon back to full strength. After accepting the Heavy Ball from you, the old woman smiles and points behind you. "Head straight back that way and you'll find the local Pokemon Center, its equipped with the latest technology, they should be able to heal your Bagon in no time flat!"

It turns out that getting Eridian healed might not be that time consuming after all! You say your goodbyes and rush towards the building that you were directed to. On the outside it looked like every other building in this old hamlet, apart from the sign hanging by the door which was painted with the signature mark of a Pokemon Center. As you fling the door open, a Chingling perched above the door chimes. You'd hoped this would be a quick in and out, but what you're met with is a tremendous line. A line at least 10 trainers deep stood between you and the front counter. It seems the lack of healing facilities in these parts meant that this Pokemon Center saw plenty of action. Each trainer would likely take a couple of minutes to heal their Pokemon, if all went well, you'd probably be waiting for half an hour. Whether you had that much time to spare was a decision only you could make. Risk missing your opportunity to suss out the scum at the warehouse, or chance facing them with Eridian in really bad shape.....


ShadowDRGN- Buizel was clearly playing to win and you and Boss would have to be on your game if you were to have any chance of coming out on top. Boss was outmatched when it came to ranged combat, but if Buizel insisted on fighting at range, at least it couldn't use the boost it acquired. You shout your commands to the Pancham, hoping the combination would help you regain the upper hand. The Fighting type Leers at his opponent, the sudden serious look throws Buizel off, the Pancham had never looked at him like that! Although his defence is lowered, his resolve isn't. Buizel shoots forward with blistering speed, striking Boss with a powerful Quick Attack, the momentum more than enough to knock the Pancham from his feet.

Boss flips back onto his feet, clenching his fist he begins to gather strength for another Power-Up Punch. Seeing this, Buizel decides to match up once again and begins to do the same. Both Pokemon rush towards each other, fists cocked back and ready to fire. As they close they through their fists together, Power-Up Punch meets Power-Up Punch as each looks to show dominance over the other. Sparks of energy fly out, both Pokemon feel stronger as their attack increases. Boss however, is the only one with a follow up plan. With the Power-Up Punches cancelling each other out, Boss transitions into an Arm Thrust, slamming his open palm into Buizel's chest repetitively. The Water type is forced backwards, each hit knocks air from his lungs, his lowered defence and Pancham's boost making the attack hurt even more. As Boss finishes his attack, the pair look evenly matched in terms of health and fatigue, however Boss seems the more confident of the pair as he beckons Buizel to come at him again.
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- Buizel was clearly playing to win and you and Boss would have to be on your game if you were to have any chance of coming out on top. Boss was outmatched when it came to ranged combat, but if Buizel insisted on fighting at range, at least it couldn't use the boost it acquired. You shout your commands to the Pancham, hoping the combination would help you regain the upper hand. The Fighting type Leers at his opponent, the sudden serious look throws Buizel off, the Pancham had never looked at him like that! Although his defence is lowered, his resolve isn't. Buizel shoots forward with blistering speed, striking Boss with a powerful Quick Attack, the momentum more than enough to knock the Pancham from his feet.

Boss flips back onto his feet, clenching his fist he begins to gather strength for another Power-Up Punch. Seeing this, Buizel decides to match up once again and begins to do the same. Both Pokemon rush towards each other, fists cocked back and ready to fire. As they close they through their fists together, Power-Up Punch meets Power-Up Punch as each looks to show dominance over the other. Sparks of energy fly out, both Pokemon feel stronger as their attack increases. Boss however, is the only one with a follow up plan. With the Power-Up Punches cancelling each other out, Boss transitions into an Arm Thrust, slamming his open palm into Buizel's chest repetitively. The Water type is forced backwards, each hit knocks air from his lungs, his lowered defence and Pancham's boost making the attack hurt even more. As Boss finishes his attack, the pair look evenly matched in terms of health and fatigue, however Boss seems the more confident of the pair as he beckons Buizel to come at him again.
"Nice one, man!" Jason calls out in triumph and pumps his fist as he sees his play work out just as intended. He looks over the battlefield again and does another assessment, his head now keenly focused on nailing these next few moves. He definitely doesn't want to faint his opponent, not in a friendly spar like this, but he can't just go too soft on Buizel when they're so evenly matched, either. If he does that, then Buizel could easily snatch the advantage again by going for a power play...

The Trainer starts sweating a bit as his brain tries to process everything quickly enough to not give Buizel an opening. It's rare that Jason gets into a state like this, as he usually just jumps into fights without much of a game plan beyond hitting hard and fast, but he recognizes that this isn't just a random fight. It's a test. It's not just Buizel testing him for his clout as a Trainer, either, but Mal evaluating his worthiness as a student too. Hopefully this is the kind of test he can ace, if he puts his mind and spirit into it!

Jason takes a deep breath and clenches his fists together. He stares at the back of Boss' head and Buizel's fierce expression from across the battlefield as he thinks of what to say. Finally, a plan manages to formulate inside his head, and a moment later he steels his expression and commands Boss with a roar of confidence in his voice, "alright, Boss! Here goes! Use Work Up, then get in close and slam him with a Power Trip to put all those boosts to use! And if you think he can take another hit, make sure to nail him with a Power-Up Punch right after!"

This is it, hopefully his winning command. For a few moments, he considers having him use Power Trip last, but this is still a friendly spar, after all. Too much power behind both those attacks and he'd risk roughing Buizel up too much, he figures. This should get the point across just fine.

Boss' ears twitch when he hears the words Power Trip, and he sports a toothy grin, stoked to show off his special talent. He hunches down into brawling position once again, and this time prepares for the next round of blows by inhaling deeply, before he lets out a rousing growl and curls his biceps, raising his physical and special power. Once he's mentally and physically primed, he quickly launches into his attack. He dashes forwards and pulls back his arm for a punch. The moment he launches his fist towards his opponent, a black aura flares up and coats his arm in dark energy, all fueled by the three boosts he acquired in this fight! He also balls up his other paw, ready to uppercut Buizel should he need to dish out another blow to win the fight.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
199
Reaction score
3

ShadowDRGN- The playing field might be levelled now but Boss had all the momentum. Such was the difference when it came to battling with a trainer at your back. It wasn't just you battling, it was both of you. Two sets of eyes looking for weaknesses, two minds devising a plan and two hearts beating for victory. That's what Buizel would get if it chose to join you, that was the point Boss was trying to get across. So the little Pancham Works himself Up into a frenzy, boosting his strength even further than what could be achieved with a Power-Up Punch. Buizel looks to knock Boss out of his cocky state of mind and whips his tail around with such speed that it creates another Sonic Boom. Even though it wouldn't benefit from the boosts, it allowed him to deal consistent damage. Boss is smacked in the chest by the attack, which knocks a bit of the air from his lungs. It hurt, but it wasn't going to stop him, he wasn't going to lose this.

He advanced with no small amount of confidence, the boosts he'd stack up throughout the battle were now rushing straight to his head. Like he'd just taken a shot of adrenaline and testosterone, Boss throws himself at Buizel. He was on a proper Power Trip, smacking Buizel around like nothing. Buizel does his best to lower the damage, pulling his arms up to block his head. Boss spins, landing a powerful kick into the Water type's stomach which sends it skidding back. As Buizel comes to a stop, the pair rest just a few metres apart, both were looking tired. Between the training they'd been through all morning and the rigorous battle, they were spent. It was time for this to end. One more move each, the move they were trying to master. Both begin to gather the energy in their fists, managing to do so much quicker than before. They rush each other, but just like the last exchange, fist clashes with fist, Power-Up Punch meets Power-Up Punch. What follows is astonishing, both gather the energy in their other fists, pull back and then punch again. Once, twice, thrice, its an endless barrage. With each strike their strength grows, neither wants to be the first to give in!

"Enough!" Mal shouts and the two pull their last punches. Both Pokemon slump onto their butts, they were well and truly exhausted. "I'm happy to say that both have nailed the execution of Power-Up Punch, its safe to say they've both learnt the move. They've shown a lot of heart as well, I guess now it is just up to Buizel to decide whether it wants to keep working with you. What do you think Buizel?" Despite being absolutely exhausted, Buizel pulls itself back up onto its feet and slowly approaches you. The Sea Weasel looks you dead in the eyes. A firm nod is all you need and that is what you get, Buizel wants you as its trainer!

You may now capture Buizel!

Boss and Buizel gained 3 levels from the battle!

Boss and Buizel learnt Power-Up Punch!
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0

ShadowDRGN- The playing field might be levelled now but Boss had all the momentum. Such was the difference when it came to battling with a trainer at your back. It wasn't just you battling, it was both of you. Two sets of eyes looking for weaknesses, two minds devising a plan and two hearts beating for victory. That's what Buizel would get if it chose to join you, that was the point Boss was trying to get across. So the little Pancham Works himself Up into a frenzy, boosting his strength even further than what could be achieved with a Power-Up Punch. Buizel looks to knock Boss out of his cocky state of mind and whips his tail around with such speed that it creates another Sonic Boom. Even though it wouldn't benefit from the boosts, it allowed him to deal consistent damage. Boss is smacked in the chest by the attack, which knocks a bit of the air from his lungs. It hurt, but it wasn't going to stop him, he wasn't going to lose this.

He advanced with no small amount of confidence, the boosts he'd stack up throughout the battle were now rushing straight to his head. Like he'd just taken a shot of adrenaline and testosterone, Boss throws himself at Buizel. He was on a proper Power Trip, smacking Buizel around like nothing. Buizel does his best to lower the damage, pulling his arms up to block his head. Boss spins, landing a powerful kick into the Water type's stomach which sends it skidding back. As Buizel comes to a stop, the pair rest just a few metres apart, both were looking tired. Between the training they'd been through all morning and the rigorous battle, they were spent. It was time for this to end. One more move each, the move they were trying to master. Both begin to gather the energy in their fists, managing to do so much quicker than before. They rush each other, but just like the last exchange, fist clashes with fist, Power-Up Punch meets Power-Up Punch. What follows is astonishing, both gather the energy in their other fists, pull back and then punch again. Once, twice, thrice, its an endless barrage. With each strike their strength grows, neither wants to be the first to give in!

"Enough!" Mal shouts and the two pull their last punches. Both Pokemon slump onto their butts, they were well and truly exhausted. "I'm happy to say that both have nailed the execution of Power-Up Punch, its safe to say they've both learnt the move. They've shown a lot of heart as well, I guess now it is just up to Buizel to decide whether it wants to keep working with you. What do you think Buizel?" Despite being absolutely exhausted, Buizel pulls itself back up onto its feet and slowly approaches you. The Sea Weasel looks you dead in the eyes. A firm nod is all you need and that is what you get, Buizel wants you as its trainer!

You may now capture Buizel!

Boss and Buizel gained 3 levels from the battle!

Boss and Buizel learnt Power-Up Punch!
"Duuuude," Jason awes at the display of sheer tenacity from both Boss and Buizel, his eyes glowing brightly as he watches the Pokemon parry the other's Power-Up Punch with one of their own. After about 2 or 3 punches, he can start to feel the air itself shaking past him as they lug more and more strength into each swing of their fists.

His mind is racing with excitement, wondering who will choke first and get hit by a devastating last blow from the other. It's like watching the last few minutes of sporting game, or a Trainer and their Pokemon's final round in a tournament, and he can feel his heart beating out of his chest, just like it did all those times he was at home, face squished up against the TV and watching breathlessly to see who would win! Without thinking, he starts chanting out at his Pokemon encouragingly, raising his fists in the air and shaking them rhythmically, "go, Boss, go!"

A jolt of surprise soon travels its way up his spine when Mal calls out from his porch, and Jason sheepishly turns around to rub the back of his head with a blush, knowing he got a bit too into it just moments before, "uuuh, yeah! Good training guys! You were awesome Boss!" he grins as he approaches the two exhausted Pokemon, first extending a hand down at Boss to help him back up. He turns to do the same for Buizel, only for the little guy to get up on his own and approach the Trainer, his gaze telling Jason all he needs to know about where his heart lies.

He gazes back for a quietly few moments. He's a mixture of stoked and surprised. He knew that Buizel wouldn't have come all this way if joining Jason wasn't something on his mind, but to see the fella so resolutely accept his offer, after such a close battle, it really rocks his heart. The Trainer's grin goes wider and prouder, and he extends a fist towards Buizel, "you were awesome, too, man! You'll kick some real ass on our team, yeah?"

The Buizel stares at Jason's fist curiously, before the Trainer chuckles, "just press your fist to mine! It's how we say 'yeah!' back home!" the sea weasel looks to Boss, who straightens out his fur and nods approvingly at Buizel. With a bit of reluctance, he balls his paw up into a fist and bumps it against Jason. Right as their fists touch, a burst of energy explodes out and flings the Trainer back a foot or two, causing Jason to yell out in shock as he tumbles onto the grass and onto his backside, "woah!"

Buizel looks to his fist in surprise, and notices that it's still crackling with built-up Attack energy. He blinks and then rushes over to Jason, wanting to help him up but reluctant to touch him again. Boss sighs and walks up to his Trainer's other side slowly. He gets Buizel's attention and then takes a deep breath, puffing out his chest. When he exhales, all the built-up boosts he gave himself during the fight dissipate, and he instructs the Water-type on how to do the same as he extends a paw towards Jason and grins, this time being the one to help him up.

"Whew. Guess that goes to show how much power you guys were slugging around in that fight," Jason just laughs it off as he wipes the grass off his butt, and leans down to pat both Pokemon on the heads. He whips his duffel bag around and opens it up, and after a bit of digging he pulls out a Pokeball. He shows it to Buizel and smiles, "if you want to hang around outside of your ball, just shake a few times and I'll let you out. This is just so I'll officially be your Trainer, and in case we ever need to get you to safety during a battle. Sound good?"

Buizel looks to the Pokeball curiously, and after listening to Jason's explanation he steels his expression and nods. He's ready for this! Jason nods back as he finally lowers the ball and boops the Pokemon gently on the snout with it. The device activates and pops open, beckoning Buizel inside with a red light and a high-pitched humming sound. It clicks shut a moment after, registering the catch!

Jason tosses the Pokeball up in the air and rises from his squat, catching it in his other palm and grinning widely. He looks down to Boss, who seems to be sporting the same delighted expression, and Jason beams. "our second Pokemon! Now we won't be fighting alone in this place!" he and the Pancham both glance at the ball, pondering, "hmmm, what should his nickname be... Oh! How about Twist, cause of his tails? How does Twist sound, Buizel?"

The Pokeball slowly shakes in approval, and Jason smiles wider, "welcome to the gang, Twist! Now, let's go see what the Master says!" he holds Twist's Pokeball out in front of him and releases the Buizel, before the three of them turn expectantly to Master Mal looking thoroughly accomplished, if a little tuckered out.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
199
Reaction score
3
ShadowDRGN- Having finalised the catch and christened Buizel with his nickname, Twist, you make your way over to Mal, still brushing some of the grass off of you. Boss and Twist had shown they'd mastered Power-Up Punch, but was that all the training Mal really had for you?

"Well done all three of you", Mal praises the efforts of you and your Pokemon. "I think your just about ready to face your opponents, but if you're going to get your revenge, you'll have to be at full strength. Machamp, how about you take Boss and Twist into the forest and gather some berries for lunch, I need to have a bit of a talk with Jason." Machamp nods and beckons for Boss and Twist to follow. The pair give you a look, just to make sure its alright, but their bellies get the best of them and they quickly dash off after the Machamp, eager to eat. "You haven't been a trainer for all that long, have you kid?" Although Mal had asked the question, it was clearly rhetorical. "I see a lot of potential in you, you care for your Pokemon and are willing to push yourself to see them improve. I had no doubt Buizel would join you, you share a similar fighting spirit, as you do with your Pancham. Back in the Alola region, part of my role was determining whether a young trainer was receiving this gift. This is my last one, I've been saving it for someone like yourself." Mal pulls out a bright white ring, with a sparkling orange crystal fixed in it. "This is a Z Ring, once they were restricted to Alola but they're becoming much more common now. That crystal there is a Fightinium Z Crystal, there are many different Z Crystals but this one allows you to transform any Fighting type move into a devastating Z Move. That move is called All-Out Pummelling. Z Moves shouldn't be used lightly, they are incredibly powerful but can only be used once a battle, so pick your moments carefully." Mal helps slide the Z Ring onto your left arm, a perfect fit! "One last thing, in order to activate the Z Crystal, you'll need to do a dance. Watch carefully, then give it a go, don't worry about the move activating, that's why I sent your Pokemon off."

You watch as Mal takes a wide stance. He raises his fists in front of his face, crossing his wrists with the back of his left arm facing towards you. Taking a deep breath, he swings his arms around in wide arcs, dropping his fists to his hips before thrusting his fists back and forth with a few quick jabs. Finally he swings hard with his left arm, letting out his breath as he puts all his power into the punch. "There, simple enough right? Give it a go, you'll know you've got it when that crystal starts to glow."

Jason received a Z Ring and a Fightinium Z Crystal!
 
hee ho table flippers!
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
11,942
Reaction score
3,779
VIII. Cave of Strength - Deep within the woods is a cave rumored to be filled with dangerous beasts. While the knights stay clear of this place, thieves, adventurers, and foolish children explore this place in hopes of trying to find treasure or just prove their mettle. Though, while the strong certainly prevail, there have been more than a few people who have gone missing within the cave. Some say a religious cult is to blame, others a demon. What really lurks there, though, is unknown.
Standing in front of the cavern, a young trainer named Hoshi is gathering his courage. His friend back in Hoenn, Kumo, warned him about the Cave of Strength. Kumo claimed his cousin went in there and never came out alive. Hoshi gulps. He takes his Munchlax out of his Pokeball.

"Okay, Donut, this is serious. Don't run away from me looking for food. This could be a matter of life and death. So please just cooperate for once?"

Donut nods.

"Okay. You ready?"

Hoshi looks into Donut's eyes, which are filled with fiery determination.

"Let's go!"

Hoshi, still uncertain, takes one step towards the cave, trembling. Then he freezes. He feels something breathing down his neck. It could just be Dount, he thought. But Donut was right next to him. Shrugging it off, Hoshi and Donut enter the cave, and put his flashlight on, not knowing what secrets could be in there.
 
Star the Zorua
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
THE ARCANE REALM

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..." Nyx Avatar (Persona 3)

Once a simple place where new trainers were sent to learn the basics of adventuring, with the vast changes to Fizzytopia the Arcane Realm seemed to have faded from existence. Though gone, it was never forgotten by the bitter trainers who were forced into spending what felt like years in that simplistic place. A place where no growth was truly given, and only stagnation existed. Yet, when the realm disappeared, all were freed from their restraints and truly allowed to begin anew.

Now, it seems that the Arcane Realm has resurfaced in Fizzytopia. Showing up where the old Arcane Realm use to be, this new one is vastly different then the one that the denizens of Fizzytopia are use to. Now truly a place of magic and mystery, it says the very land itself is influenced by the “cards”/ What these cards are, and what they refer to nobody particularly knows. The only thing that is certain, though, is that this Arcane Realm is teeming with life, and has infinite possibilities for adventure.

The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.

Shadow calmly looked about, his typical playful grin growing as he schemed. A whine from the shy Zorua in his arms drew his attention. His eyes gazed over his beloved companion as she shifted, wanting his attention. She always wanted attention, to be honest, but she wanted it more than usual now. Shadow looked back up to take in the world he was in: The Arcane Realm. He could tell the place was one he could REALLY have some hectic fun in.
Assuming he found anybody else that is.
He turned his attention back to little Mischief, and scratched her belly a bit, which caused her to steadily relax. She loved attention and pampering, and Shadow was happy to supply such.
He held the little female up and stared into her blue, blue eyes, the same color as his own. They were so similar, yet so different.
He returned his attention to the mystical world surrounding them. His mischievous smirk returned, as he gently stroked Mischief's head. His focus locked on the road ahead, and he started walking without any specific destination. He was a wanderer, he had been for the longest time. He wasn't sure when his wanderlust had first begun, but he knew he'd had Mischief the whole time.
He watched everything as he walked, keenly observing the road and anything else around him. Excitement built in the young troublemaker, as he told Mischief "This place looks fun, doesn't it? Let's have a look around and see what we'll find!"
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
it
The magician looked offended at your words. Why did you care what he did with his Pokemon? He glanced at his Kadabra, who cowered as the trainer's brow furrowed while looking at the spoon wielding psychic type.

"How uncouth!" He shouted, crossing his arms and glancing at his Kadabra. "Kazam is more than happy to preform, aren't you?" He looked at the Kadabra, who gave a forced and pitiful nod. It was clear to you and most of the onlookers that the Kadabra was dreading coming performances, and it clearly hated being forced to balance an egg without using it's natural psychic talent. "However, I accept your challenge!" He sneered, it was clear that he didn't want to disappoint the crowd that was steadily growing around you. He turned to his Kadabra, a scowl forming.

"Work on your balancing act while I handle this punk." The Kadabra gave a flustered nod, placing another egg on the spoon and trying desperately to balance it. It gave you a stern glance, a glance that said 'you better win'. The magician tossed a Pokeball towards you, spitting out yellow fox that brandished a stick-like wand at you. "Braaaaaaaaaaa!" It called, a grin creeping onto it's face as it looked at the Pokeball in your hand. The street performer smirked, ready for whatever you wanted to throw at him. You had to hope that the Kadabra would not break too many eggs, assuming that you won this battle.



Braxien wants to battle! What do you do?

A Braixen... Well that was certainly not expected. Seemed this magician was even more of a sadist than Leo thought. At the very least though, this gave him an easier advantage. Looking at Honey's Pokeball, he knew the Cutiefly would fall easy prey to the fire fox. So why not use this advantage to counter. Grabbing Custard's currently empty Pokeball and also the Pokeball for Carrot, his Carbink.

"Hey Kadabra, this is how you juggle!" Leo shouted, and started to juggle the three Pokeballs. While he was clumsy, he at least learned some parlor tricks to distract people while his fellow grunts stole. It worked like a charm.

When his little show was over, he let Honey's and Custard's Pokeball fall into his bag, and held out Carrot's. All three looked exactly the same. There was no realistic way to tell them apart. With a smirk, Leo held the button on the ball before throwing it back up into the air.

At this point, a small Carbink was glistening in the sunlight. The rock bunny blinked as it looked at the Braixen. Seemed this would be a Kalosian brawl. Leo knew his team wasn't certain experienced in battle, but quick thinking was needed to get things done. Hopefully this battle would teach Carrot some things around a fight.

"Okay Carrot, let's Sharpen up real quick! Once that's done, hit that fox with a Smack Down," Leo ordered. A solid offense was a good defense in this case. A battle was similar to baking. Use the right ingredients and timing, you'd get the result you'd want. If you mess up and don't follow your plan, then you'll end up burnt.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
@MunchlaxKing88

In ancient times, these caves were used to test the strength of new trainers. Trainers that would eventually grow to be some of the most powerful in the land, or die trying. You could feel something breathing down your neck as you enter this place. This place was not to be messed with, and trespassing was enough to lock you in.

You hear a loud rumbling, and look behind you as the entrance is suddenly gone. You shine your flashlight, and only see a wall. There was no way back out. You either emerged victorious, or die. Doesn't help that, deeper down, you could now hear something. What it exactly was, who knew, but there was a sense of foreboding. There was no turning back at this point.

You start walking, that was really the only thing you could do. Foolish, really, but you made your choice. It was at least better sitting there, waiting for whatever was in the cave to come to you. You might get lucky, you might not. Was hard to tell in this darkness.

As you tread further on, the noise got louder. It sounded like... scuttling. Like there was something crawling across the walls. Looking with your flashlight, you could see Wimpods move across the walls. Though, as you shined your light on them, they started screaming and quickly disappeared. This wasn't good.

You heard a loud rumbling as the Wimpods scurried across the walls, causing the floor to shake. The scream signaled something. You felt the very ground shake, and you could feel something moving underneath. And then a loud burst as you and your Munchlax are pelted with dirt and rocks. Shining your flashlight behind you, you see yourself face to face with a Garchomp. The Land Shark Pokemon roars at you, rearing up for a fight.

It was obvious enough you couldn't face it. The only option at this point was to run, but where? Shining your flashlight around you see three tunnels. One above you, with the tunnel your currently in as the end of the one you see. As for the other two, they fork off from in front of you. One seems to be more sandy, but the other looked to have a metal floor. It was unnatural and out of place.

What do you do?


@darknessdawn

This road symbolized the beginning of a journey. The start of something new and also the growth that would be had while taking this journey. It was rumored that an adventure always happened for those who walked it. You and your Zorua were no different, looking for something new. Something fun.

Unfortunately, that didn't look like it was going to happen. The road stretched out as far as the eye could see. Grassy plains to the sides, clear sky above. And the road itself? Barren. Your hope for something was greeted with nothing. After all, a journey didn't start until the first step was taken.

Heading down the road, the scenery didn't seem to change. The Arcane Realm was an incredibly vast land, after all. With just how many branches of this road, it would take months, even years, to travel all of them. Of course, the true end of the road would bring a traveler to the world tree. The heart of this place. Its said that the Fool's Path acts as the roots for the tree, and each branch is a new root taking place.

After a while, you start seeing signs of civilization. People passing by you, but very clear looking past you. It was as if you didn't even exist. Each person you passed seemed all so different. All of them were on different walks of life, but all shared the same road. Yet, at the saem time, it felt like you weren't part of that road.

Eventually, there is someone who notices you. A young woman, carryign a bushel of bread on her hip. She takes a look at you, and reaches down towards her basket. She stops, though, after looking at your eyes. Her face twists, and she runs.

"Beware the eyes of blue," you hear. Looking around you find a small, old woman sitting. She doesn't even look up at you.

"Seems you've arrived... Trickster," she pauses for a bit, before delivering the last word heavily.

What do you do?
 
Star the Zorua
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
@darknessdawn

This road symbolized the beginning of a journey. The start of something new and also the growth that would be had while taking this journey. It was rumored that an adventure always happened for those who walked it. You and your Zorua were no different, looking for something new. Something fun.

Unfortunately, that didn't look like it was going to happen. The road stretched out as far as the eye could see. Grassy plains to the sides, clear sky above. And the road itself? Barren. Your hope for something was greeted with nothing. After all, a journey didn't start until the first step was taken.

Heading down the road, the scenery didn't seem to change. The Arcane Realm was an incredibly vast land, after all. With just how many branches of this road, it would take months, even years, to travel all of them. Of course, the true end of the road would bring a traveler to the world tree. The heart of this place. Its said that the Fool's Path acts as the roots for the tree, and each branch is a new root taking place.

After a while, you start seeing signs of civilization. People passing by you, but very clear looking past you. It was as if you didn't even exist. Each person you passed seemed all so different. All of them were on different walks of life, but all shared the same road. Yet, at the saem time, it felt like you weren't part of that road.

Eventually, there is someone who notices you. A young woman, carryign a bushel of bread on her hip. She takes a look at you, and reaches down towards her basket. She stops, though, after looking at your eyes. Her face twists, and she runs.

"Beware the eyes of blue," you hear. Looking around you find a small, old woman sitting. She doesn't even look up at you.

"Seems you've arrived... Trickster," she pauses for a bit, before delivering the last word heavily.

What do you do?
Shadow had been increasingly perplexed by the strange situation... And increasingly irritated at being utterly ignored. When the girl ran he held out a hand as if to stop her, then sighed and lowered it. The older woman's words, seemingly meant harshly, didn't faze the young Trainer at all. Although it did leave him confused. Especially the ambiguity of the statement.
He and Mischief had both looked at her when she'd spoken. "'Beware the eyes of blue'?" He and Mischief looked at each other before Shadow continued. "Which of us do ya mean? Me, or Mischief? And what exactly is going on here? Actually, how about a better question? Who are you, and what do you want? ... Okay, that's two questions, but you get what I mean, I'm sure."
He mentally prepared for a battle if necessary, although he knew better than to start fights. Last thing he wanted was his closest friend and constant companion getting hurt for his own foolishness. Mischief, for her part, braced herself. Shadow had helped her, protected her from a cruel world, and she'd give herself up to protect him. If she could speak, she'd say she may be a coward, but she's a LOYAL coward. Loyalty was the one thing that could force her outside her comfort zone without someone else's involvement.
All the while, Shadow's eyes scanned the old woman and the surrounding area. If he got himself into trouble, well, he needed a quick escape route. Problem was, this was a road, and thus few hiding places were within reach. As he awaited the old woman's response, he scratched Mischief's head, instantly soothing the jittery Zorua.
 
hee ho table flippers!
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
11,942
Reaction score
3,779
In ancient times, these caves were used to test the strength of new trainers. Trainers that would eventually grow to be some of the most powerful in the land, or die trying. You could feel something breathing down your neck as you enter this place. This place was not to be messed with, and trespassing was enough to lock you in.

You hear a loud rumbling, and look behind you as the entrance is suddenly gone. You shine your flashlight, and only see a wall. There was no way back out. You either emerged victorious, or die. Doesn't help that, deeper down, you could now hear something. What it exactly was, who knew, but there was a sense of foreboding. There was no turning back at this point.

You start walking, that was really the only thing you could do. Foolish, really, but you made your choice. It was at least better sitting there, waiting for whatever was in the cave to come to you. You might get lucky, you might not. Was hard to tell in this darkness.

As you tread further on, the noise got louder. It sounded like... scuttling. Like there was something crawling across the walls. Looking with your flashlight, you could see Wimpods move across the walls. Though, as you shined your light on them, they started screaming and quickly disappeared. This wasn't good.

You heard a loud rumbling as the Wimpods scurried across the walls, causing the floor to shake. The scream signaled something. You felt the very ground shake, and you could feel something moving underneath. And then a loud burst as you and your Munchlax are pelted with dirt and rocks. Shining your flashlight behind you, you see yourself face to face with a Garchomp. The Land Shark Pokemon roars at you, rearing up for a fight.

It was obvious enough you couldn't face it. The only option at this point was to run, but where? Shining your flashlight around you see three tunnels. One above you, with the tunnel your currently in as the end of the one you see. As for the other two, they fork off from in front of you. One seems to be more sandy, but the other looked to have a metal floor. It was unnatural and out of place.

What do you do?
Hoshi slowly backs away, preparing for the worst. Donut starts whimpering.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay, Donut," Hoshi lied.

Donut, filled with determination, lunges at the Garchomp. "Donut!" Hoshi yelled, "Stop! You're going to get hurt!" Donut quickly gets slashed, and gets knocked down.

"DONUT!" Hoshi rushes to Donut's side. Donut was fainted. "Oh no..."
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Oops messed up the colors last time sorry xd.

@darknessdawn

The old woman chuckled at your confusion before givign her response to you.

"They call me Edith, Hermit of the Woods," she introduces herself to you. Taking a closer look, you realized her skin looked more like saggy tree bark, and her eyes had a strange cloudiness to them.

"I've been alive for over five hundred years boy, acting as a prophet. The World Tree gives me visions, and through those visions I tell the realm its future," she told you before giving a hearty laugh.

"Sweet child, seems you're the poor soul who my recent vision was about. The eyes of blue, both trainer and Pokemon, would bring such mischief to the land that it would cause the moon's shadow to darken the land. Or was it the moon would shower the land? Something like that. Bah I'm old. Don't live past three hundred kid after that your bones turn into pudding," she started going on, her words not really making much sense at all.

"But to answer your question, the people here simply don't want that prophecy to come true," she said before she started to hum. You could feel the wind starting to swirl around you and her, and for a second it looked like the road below pulsed.

"Oh, well that's rare," she stated after a moment. "Seems there is a way to prevent this. Travel to the Lake of the Moon and enter the temple. You should find something that'll prevent this Trickster. Your skills will be necessary to get through the temple. Lucky for you a new moon is in three days. If you run all the way there you'll make it in time."

With that, the old woman snapped her fingers, and after a flash of light she was gone. Seems that was the adventure you were looking for. Too bad there didn't seem to be people willing to help you.

What do you do?

@MunchlaxKing88

Panicking at the situation, you and your Munchlax start to panic. Seemed it was life and death at this point. Trying to reassure your Munchlax, the Pokemon suddenly gets filled with determination. Charging up its strength, the Munchlax Tackles into the Garchomp, feeling its rough skin brush against its body. The Garchomp is having none of this, and Slashes the Munchlax, instantly koing it.

Seeing your partner fall you run towards it. Grabbing Donut, you hoist the Munchlax up while looking for a way out. Fortunately, you have three paths you can take, as you saw earlier with your flashlight. Looking at the top one again, you can see some figure standing at the entrance.

The next few seconds happen so fast you aren't able to proeprly process it. You see the figure throw something at the Garchomp, which it chases down the tunnel and disappear. The figure then drops down and grabs you. At this point you're now running down the tunnel with sand. After a while, you get to a stop, and the figure lights a lantern.

In front of you is a young woman with jet black hair pulled back and tied into a pony tail. On her head is a pink baseball cap, which the ponytailed is pulled through. Her eyes are two different colors, one brown and one green, and she's looking at you with a face of confusion.

"Name's Kelsey. Why were you, like, just standing there? This place is dangerous. It doesn't help you basically let your Munchlax get knocked out. There were multiple places to run to, but you didn't," she started going off before realizing she was beign a bit harsh.

"Sorry, its obvious you're a new trainer. Just don't want anyways to have their journey ended before it even begun. Happened to my brother... He lost his legs in his first Pokemon battle," she trailed off before rummaging through her bag, pulling out a yellow, star shaped rock.

Using the rock, Kelsey breaks it with her palm, and sprinkles the powder over Donut. The Munchlax awakens, and seems happy to be out of that situation.

"There, all better! Who's a good little Munchy protecting their trainer? You are!" She exclaimed, giving Donut some head rubs.

"Anyways, you need to be careful in here. Unless you prove yourself the cave doesn't let you out. Doesn't help there's that cult running around in here. They took something from me, and I want it back. Hey, why don't you help me with that? Should probably help you get out of here."

What do you do?
 
hee ho table flippers!
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
11,942
Reaction score
3,779
@MunchlaxKing88

Panicking at the situation, you and your Munchlax start to panic. Seemed it was life and death at this point. Trying to reassure your Munchlax, the Pokemon suddenly gets filled with determination. Charging up its strength, the Munchlax Tackles into the Garchomp, feeling its rough skin brush against its body. The Garchomp is having none of this, and Slashes the Munchlax, instantly koing it.


Seeing your partner fall you run towards it. Grabbing Donut, you hoist the Munchlax up while looking for a way out. Fortunately, you have three paths you can take, as you saw earlier with your flashlight. Looking at the top one again, you can see some figure standing at the entrance.

The next few seconds happen so fast you aren't able to proeprly process it. You see the figure throw something at the Garchomp, which it chases down the tunnel and disappear. The figure then drops down and grabs you. At this point you're now running down the tunnel with sand. After a while, you get to a stop, and the figure lights a lantern.

In front of you is a young woman with jet black hair pulled back and tied into a pony tail. On her head is a pink baseball cap, which the ponytailed is pulled through. Her eyes are two different colors, one brown and one green, and she's looking at you with a face of confusion.

"Name's Kelsey. Why were you, like, just standing there? This place is dangerous. It doesn't help you basically let your Munchlax get knocked out. There were multiple places to run to, but you didn't," she started going off before realizing she was beign a bit harsh.

"Sorry, its obvious you're a new trainer. Just don't want anyways to have their journey ended before it even begun. Happened to my brother... He lost his legs in his first Pokemon battle," she trailed off before rummaging through her bag, pulling out a yellow, star shaped rock.

Using the rock, Kelsey breaks it with her palm, and sprinkles the powder over Donut. The Munchlax awakens, and seems happy to be out of that situation.

"There, all better! Who's a good little Munchy protecting their trainer? You are!" She exclaimed, giving Donut some head rubs.

"Anyways, you need to be careful in here. Unless you prove yourself the cave doesn't let you out. Doesn't help there's that cult running around in here. They took something from me, and I want it back. Hey, why don't you help me with that? Should probably help you get out of here."

What do you do?
"Wait, did you say there's a cult?!" Hoshi shouted. "There weren't cults back in Hoenn.. Okay, I'll help you," Kelsey's head perked up. "If you help me get out of here," Kelsey looked annoyed.
 
Star the Zorua
Joined
Jul 27, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Oops messed up the colors last time sorry xd.

@darknessdawn

The old woman chuckled at your confusion before givign her response to you.

"They call me Edith, Hermit of the Woods," she introduces herself to you. Taking a closer look, you realized her skin looked more like saggy tree bark, and her eyes had a strange cloudiness to them.

"I've been alive for over five hundred years boy, acting as a prophet. The World Tree gives me visions, and through those visions I tell the realm its future," she told you before giving a hearty laugh.

"Sweet child, seems you're the poor soul who my recent vision was about. The eyes of blue, both trainer and Pokemon, would bring such mischief to the land that it would cause the moon's shadow to darken the land. Or was it the moon would shower the land? Something like that. Bah I'm old. Don't live past three hundred kid after that your bones turn into pudding," she started going on, her words not really making much sense at all.

"But to answer your question, the people here simply don't want that prophecy to come true," she said before she started to hum. You could feel the wind starting to swirl around you and her, and for a second it looked like the road below pulsed.

"Oh, well that's rare," she stated after a moment. "Seems there is a way to prevent this. Travel to the Lake of the Moon and enter the temple. You should find something that'll prevent this Trickster. Your skills will be necessary to get through the temple. Lucky for you a new moon is in three days. If you run all the way there you'll make it in time."

With that, the old woman snapped her fingers, and after a flash of light she was gone. Seems that was the adventure you were looking for. Too bad there didn't seem to be people willing to help you.

What do you do?
Sorry for the delay. It's a bit shorter this time but whatever.

Shadow blinks at the explanation. A moment later he nods, a fire in his eyes that few ever saw. "I'm on it." He started running at top speed to the Lake of the Moon. He had to stop this. He was a troublemaker, yes, but he had a good nature. It was one thing to pull a prank. It was another thing altogether to let a calamity happen. He placed Mischief in his bag so he didn't have to worry about carrying her.
The pup poked her head out to watch. She made a small yip. Shadow rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I know, I asked for adventure. I literally asked for it, and boy did I get it. Be careful what you wish for and all that. Come on Mischief. Let's DO this! Let's stop... Whichever disaster was going to happen!" He pushed himself to go even faster.
 
Ugh, always have to do the dirty work....
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,733
Reaction score
1,523
XVII. Desert of Stars - A small, arid desert at the northern tip of the Land of Cups, the Desert of Stars is named for the various meteorites found within this region. While more a dry, mountainous desert than a sandy one, sandstorms are still a common occurance here. Though, despite these conditions, explorers and treasure hunters flock to this region for the meteorites found here, and the rare Pokemon attracted to them. Some have even stated they’ve had some otherworldly experiences here.
Danny walked down the lane, clutching the backpack slung along one of his shoulders, a beat in his step and a tune he was singing, knocking his feet to the beat, as he was leaving his home. He walked with his Slowpoke Poker, who continued with his dopey rendition of Danny's song, to which Danny chuckled heartily.
"Come on Poker, we're going to the Desert of Stars!" Danny said excitedly as he glanced at the map in his bag.
"It should just be a few miles away!" Danny said, as he rummaged through his bag, looking for his Desert Glasses. He couldn't find it.
"Oh no! Where are my Desert Glasses? Poker, did you eat them?" Danny asked, annoyed. Poker just stared at him.
"Well, maybe they give free ones at the desert or something?" he said.
He kept walking, then he started thinking of home. He took the framed picture he had of his family in his bag, sitting on a boulder by the side of the path.
I wonder how they are doing? he thought, as a tear dropped on the glass frame, magnifying his face on the picture frame. Remember what Mom said: Be strong! He wiped the tears from his eyes, as Poker tried to use both his front feet to wipe Danny's tears.
"Thanks Poker." Danny said. He stuffed the picture in his backpack, standing up from the mossy boulder.
He looked at his watch, he needed to get into the desert by dark. So he picked up Poker and started sprinting, not wanting to linger waiting for Poker.
By 7pm, he made it to the desert. The mountains were stunning, the stars peppered the sky; Maybe that's why it's called Desert of the Stars, Danny thought.
At this time, there were no vendors or anything around. That meant no Desert Glasses.
He let impulse and curiosity take over him.
He was going in blind.
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- Having finalised the catch and christened Buizel with his nickname, Twist, you make your way over to Mal, still brushing some of the grass off of you. Boss and Twist had shown they'd mastered Power-Up Punch, but was that all the training Mal really had for you?

"Well done all three of you", Mal praises the efforts of you and your Pokemon. "I think your just about ready to face your opponents, but if you're going to get your revenge, you'll have to be at full strength. Machamp, how about you take Boss and Twist into the forest and gather some berries for lunch, I need to have a bit of a talk with Jason." Machamp nods and beckons for Boss and Twist to follow. The pair give you a look, just to make sure its alright, but their bellies get the best of them and they quickly dash off after the Machamp, eager to eat. "You haven't been a trainer for all that long, have you kid?" Although Mal had asked the question, it was clearly rhetorical. "I see a lot of potential in you, you care for your Pokemon and are willing to push yourself to see them improve. I had no doubt Buizel would join you, you share a similar fighting spirit, as you do with your Pancham. Back in the Alola region, part of my role was determining whether a young trainer was receiving this gift. This is my last one, I've been saving it for someone like yourself." Mal pulls out a bright white ring, with a sparkling orange crystal fixed in it. "This is a Z Ring, once they were restricted to Alola but they're becoming much more common now. That crystal there is a Fightinium Z Crystal, there are many different Z Crystals but this one allows you to transform any Fighting type move into a devastating Z Move. That move is called All-Out Pummelling. Z Moves shouldn't be used lightly, they are incredibly powerful but can only be used once a battle, so pick your moments carefully." Mal helps slide the Z Ring onto your left arm, a perfect fit! "One last thing, in order to activate the Z Crystal, you'll need to do a dance. Watch carefully, then give it a go, don't worry about the move activating, that's why I sent your Pokemon off."

You watch as Mal takes a wide stance. He raises his fists in front of his face, crossing his wrists with the back of his left arm facing towards you. Taking a deep breath, he swings his arms around in wide arcs, dropping his fists to his hips before thrusting his fists back and forth with a few quick jabs. Finally he swings hard with his left arm, letting out his breath as he puts all his power into the punch. "There, simple enough right? Give it a go, you'll know you've got it when that crystal starts to glow."

Jason received a Z Ring and a Fightinium Z Crystal!
Jason's eyes go wide, reflecting the sparkle of the Z Crystal being presented before him, "woah... that's awesome, man!" he grins, listening to Mal's explanation with great interest. Quite frankly, he's absolutely stoked that he managed to impress the master enough to earn something so special from him.

He eagerly holds his arm still just long enough for the Z Ring to slide on, before he raises the artifact to his wrist with a wide grin on his face. Though white wasn't particularly his color, He still thinks it gives him a powerful look as a Trainer worthy of carrying it! "Coooooool," he says, continuing to admire it. Just once a battle, huh? Then I'll have to make sure it's the knock-out Move I need to finish fights!

His enthusiasm wanes slightly, however, when he realizes he'll have to... dance? He watches Mal's movements with an awkward smile pasted onto his face, Wow... am I gonna have to look like I'm starring in a workout tape every time I want to use this thing? On second thought... Maybe I'll only use it when I need to, he thinks to himself, glancing back down to the ring and its single, sparkling stone.

Upon hearing the suggestion that he give it a try, Jason scratches the back of his head and slowly drops down into a squat like Mal just did. It should be fine, right? After all, Mal seems to be taking it seriously, so even if he looks ridiculous the first time... well, even if he looks ridiculous every time, the Master won't judge.

He takes a deep breath, puffing out his cheeks slightly and closing his eyes. He crosses his fists in front of his face, before slowly shifting them down to his hips. His chest puffs out, and he opens his eyes, looking fierce as he starts jabbing the air in front of him. Unlike the straightforwards strikes that Mal uses, Jason's arms seem to bend and flex as his elbows rise in imitation of a boxer's stance.

As Jason winds up for the hook to end things off, a glow catches his eye, and he glances over to his wrist to find the crystal glowing brightly, just as Mal said! His grin returns, and he throws his fist forwards, ending the dance with fighting form! Damn... that felt pretty good.

"Thanks, Master Mal," Jason says as he drops the stance and wipes some sweat off his brow, "I'll make sure to use it carefully," he adds in with a respectful, if unrefined, bow.

After the demonstration, the Trainer stretches and walks over to the steps of the porch, plopping himself down. He looks over the woods, waiting for Machamp and his two Pokemon to come back with food. All this walking and hauling and training's got Jason hungry as a Snorelax, too. Plus, he can't wait to tell the both of them about the new Power he's acquired!
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
199
Reaction score
3

ShadowDRGN- You do pretty much the same routine that Mal does, although you add a bit of your own flair to it. Thankfully it has the same result and the Fightinium Z Crystal lights up. Such power had to be used at the right time, a miss timed attack would be a tremendous waste of energy and likely leave its user open to a counter attack. Eager to show your new power to Boss and Twist, you await their return from the woods. You don't have to wait long, the pair soon emerge alongside Machamp, their arms cradling a haul of berries. The pair marvel as you show off the sparkling Z Crystal, both of them eager to give the Z Move a go. Unfortunately they'd have to wait, you weren't about to waste their strength now. You and Mal sit quietly while the Pokemon fill their bellies with berries, replenishing the energy that they'd spent during their training. You consume a few berries as well, you don't get the same benefit as the Pokemon but they fill your stomach and make you feel a little less exhausted.

"So with the Full Moon tonight, you shouldn't have any problem tracking down those Corphish," Mal explains, "be careful though, as you probably know by now, the Full Moon sends the Lake's Pokemon into a frenzy. They'll be relentless, so you're going to have to be on your game. We've still got a couple of hours before sundown, perhaps a nap would serve you well?" You follow Mal around the side of the cabin, a hammock is slung between two trees. "I'll wake you up when the sun is starting to set, rest up and prepare yourself." Mal leaves you, heading into the cabin. Boss and Twist slump down against the tree, eager for a quick nap. The hammock swings back and forth invitingly in the soft breeze, calling you towards it.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
199
Reaction score
3
THE ARCANE REALM
The Forest of Wands


Once monikered the Forest of Adventure, the Forest of Wands has been changed and twisted by the surplus of magical energy flowing through the Arcane Realm. THe once simplistic woods are now a labyrinth where magic flows through the roots of the trees and a sense of dread and whimsy encompass all who enter. Though, it was possible that this was here the entire time, like everything else, and the deep magic that flows through these woods caused trainers to dream of the much more simplistic Arcane Realm. (Please reply in SeaGreen)

X. Fortune’s Woods - A place in the forest where the magical energy is at its most potent, forming a sort of myst that permeates the air. Everything from the trees to the wildlife here seem a bit out of this world, and it’s hard to predict what exactly will happen here. Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck. Whatever it is, this portion of the forest is filled with fun and whimsy.

They'd spent a fair bit of time in the Arcane Realm. However everywhere they went, bad luck seemed to follow. Some would say that heading to Fortune's Woods when you've got a case of bad luck is about the stupidest thing you could do. Xander had sound reasoning though. There luck had been bad for quite a while, that meant it had to be close to turning, right? So, if there luck was turning, then maybe they'd finally have some good luck in Fortune's Woods? It was worth a shot anyway. He'd changed his team up a bit, accompanying him now were Bulbasaur and Totodile. The pair didn't exactly get along the best. Totodile was like a whirlwind, the Water type was running around haphazardly, snapping its jaws and flailing its arms. Bulbasaur was much more reserved, she preferred to conserve her energy for a time when she'd need it. The young Bulbasaur was focused, taking in her surroundings, feeling the strength in the earth and plants around her. Most of the Arcane Realm gave off an energy like this, but as they had neared the Fortune's Woods, the energy seemed to change slightly.

Xander stopped at the entrance to the forest, the trees seemed to call to him, like they wanted him to come in. He hesitated slightly, still a bit unsure if he was making the right decision. What if he was wrong about their luck changing? What if it only got worse within the woods? That likely wouldn't end well. If there was something he'd learnt from his time in the Arcane Realm, it was to be open minded, that and to be persistent. Thankfully, Totodile charged into the woods, taking the decision out of his hands. They had to go in....
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- You do pretty much the same routine that Mal does, although you add a bit of your own flair to it. Thankfully it has the same result and the Fightinium Z Crystal lights up. Such power had to be used at the right time, a miss timed attack would be a tremendous waste of energy and likely leave its user open to a counter attack. Eager to show your new power to Boss and Twist, you await their return from the woods. You don't have to wait long, the pair soon emerge alongside Machamp, their arms cradling a haul of berries. The pair marvel as you show off the sparkling Z Crystal, both of them eager to give the Z Move a go. Unfortunately they'd have to wait, you weren't about to waste their strength now. You and Mal sit quietly while the Pokemon fill their bellies with berries, replenishing the energy that they'd spent during their training. You consume a few berries as well, you don't get the same benefit as the Pokemon but they fill your stomach and make you feel a little less exhausted.

"So with the Full Moon tonight, you shouldn't have any problem tracking down those Corphish," Mal explains, "be careful though, as you probably know by now, the Full Moon sends the Lake's Pokemon into a frenzy. They'll be relentless, so you're going to have to be on your game. We've still got a couple of hours before sundown, perhaps a nap would serve you well?" You follow Mal around the side of the cabin, a hammock is slung between two trees. "I'll wake you up when the sun is starting to set, rest up and prepare yourself." Mal leaves you, heading into the cabin. Boss and Twist slump down against the tree, eager for a quick nap. The hammock swings back and forth invitingly in the soft breeze, calling you towards it.
Jason grins widely upon the return of his companions, and he takes no time at all to start showing off. He recites the dance to them, displaying his technique while also teaching them that the Z-Ring will glow when it's ready to unleash its move. Twist is absolutely enraptured by it, and cheers excitedly at Jason's moves, while Boss is... decidedly more embarrassed by the sight of it, thinking pretty much the same things as Jason was at Mal's display.

"Yeah, yeah. I know it looks kinda silly, but trust me, it's gonna be awesome!" Jason tries to appeal to Boss after he notices the Pokemon's cringing face. The Pancham just sighs and rolls a couple of berries across the grass towards his Trainer. Seems he won't be convinced of that until he actually sees it in action.

Jason chuckles and leans down to scoop them up. He has been feeling pretty hungry ever since they got back from their water-gathering hike, after all. As he digs into them, he finds them not particularly tasty, but filling nonetheless. Though, he does feel himself get a craving for a proper Pecha Berry pie after experiencing them raw for the first time.

A yawn escapes him after he finishes the last one, and he looks out over the deck as the morning slowly turns to afternoon. He's almost never tired during the day, but this training has really did a number on him and his Pokemon. He eagerly follows Master Mal around the side of the cabin, only to find himself face-to-face with another unfamiliar concept to him: A hammock.

"Uhhh... Is that gonna hold up if I get in?" Jason points to it worriedly, looking back to Mal. After a few moments of silence as Mal turns to walk away, he sighs and goes over to it while Boss and Twist find themselves a nice tree in the shade to rest under. He inspects the hammock carefully, tugging at the cloth holding it between the trees before he cautiously tries to sit down in the very middle. He seems pretty unnerved by the way it sways and bows under his weight, but as he goes slowly and starts to lay down, his uneasiness slowly melts away, "woahhh..." It feels a lot more comfortable than a bed, and even its gentle swaying ends up feeling relaxing, especially with the breeze and the shade keeping him cool. He might want to get one of these instead of using the tent his parents bought him all the time.

"Man. A lot of stuff's happened already," Jason starts to muse to himself as he lays back, staring up at the leaves as they blow in the breeze, "where am I gonna go after this? I mean, there's a lot of stuff around the lake, but this map I got shows so much more, too. There's even a big city," he says, his mind tiredly wandering as he nestles his body into a more comfortable position, "well, I really can't go back to Driftveil. Not yet. Marcus and the guys are probably still looking for me... I really hope that coming here got them off my ass," he wonders, still having no idea about how he got to the Arcane Realms in the first place.

He hears a snoring sound coming from somewhere, and he looks over to see Boss already out, his gut producing a deep rumbling as he breathes calmly in his sleep, "heh... forgot you were a snorer..." Jason chuckles, his body forcing him to yawn again, "yeah, I get the picture. Nap time..." he says as he closes his eyes and starts to drift off. He'll need all the sleep he can get, because once he's back up again, he and his team are going to leap straight into getting their revenge.
 
Top