• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

    For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

    Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3

ShadowDRGN- After eventually settling in the hammock, you don't have much trouble getting to sleep. Your body was calling out for it and the gentle rocking of the hammock made it all but impossible to prevent. You awaken after a few hours, your surroundings now darkened, but not too much. At first you think its just the dim glow from one of the cabin's windows, but looking up you soon realise why your surroundings are so well lit despite it being night. The full moon floats high in the sky, the bright white figure was at its peak tonight. While the ability to see was certainly a bonus, you had to remember that the full moon also meant the local Water Pokemon would be enraged. Boss wakes up slowly, but Twist is already up, the Buizel is busy stretching, preparing for his shot at revenge. As you walk back around the front of the cabin, Mal is waiting on the porch. He doesn't say anything, he has already said all he needs to. He simply gives you a reassuring nod before you head off through the forest, making your way back to the edge of the lake.

The trek back through the forest is quick and you soon find yourself back at the edge of the lake. You hear a tremendous roar in the distance, its source currently unknown. It likely to pose a threat, or an immediate one at least. You seem unsure about which direction to head, but Twist seems to know where he is going. The Buizel was obviously familiar with the lake and knew where his adversaries could be located. You follow closely, making sure to not let him get too far ahead. You spot a few Pokemon in the lake from a distance, but you can't get a good enough look to properly identify them. It looks like an absolute frenzy out there though. The energy within the lake is so intense that waves are actually crashing against the shore!

Twist comes to a stop, spotting his adversaries up ahead. The two Corphish are trampling and tearing apart some abandoned nests by the lakeside, overseeing them is a Crawdaunt, whose eyes glow a deep red. Neither it or the Corphish have spotted you yet, giving you a moment to come up with a plan, if you think quickly.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
433
Reaction score
13
They'd spent a fair bit of time in the Arcane Realm. However everywhere they went, bad luck seemed to follow. Some would say that heading to Fortune's Woods when you've got a case of bad luck is about the stupidest thing you could do. Xander had sound reasoning though. There luck had been bad for quite a while, that meant it had to be close to turning, right? So, if there luck was turning, then maybe they'd finally have some good luck in Fortune's Woods? It was worth a shot anyway. He'd changed his team up a bit, accompanying him now were Bulbasaur and Totodile. The pair didn't exactly get along the best. Totodile was like a whirlwind, the Water type was running around haphazardly, snapping its jaws and flailing its arms. Bulbasaur was much more reserved, she preferred to conserve her energy for a time when she'd need it. The young Bulbasaur was focused, taking in her surroundings, feeling the strength in the earth and plants around her. Most of the Arcane Realm gave off an energy like this, but as they had neared the Fortune's Woods, the energy seemed to change slightly.

Xander stopped at the entrance to the forest, the trees seemed to call to him, like they wanted him to come in. He hesitated slightly, still a bit unsure if he was making the right decision. What if he was wrong about their luck changing? What if it only got worse within the woods? That likely wouldn't end well. If there was something he'd learnt from his time in the Arcane Realm, it was to be open minded, that and to be persistent. Thankfully, Totodile charged into the woods, taking the decision out of his hands. They had to go in....
Some argue that there is no such thing as “luck” in this world. Those people have never ventured into the Fortune Woods, or they would know better.

Whimsical and magical as the place felt, even by Arcane Realm standards, there was something more about this forest that made it fascinating, how someone’s fate seemed to bend and twirl at every turn of a single journey, as if a new divine coin was flipped with every step taken. Dangerous as that may sound, it also has an undeniable allure, especially for someone whose bad luck has seemed so immutable as of late.

Following in after your carefree Totodile, and with Bulbasaur accompanying you close behind, you venture deeper into the Fortune Woods. There’s an undeniable energy in the air, almost palpable but impossible to describe with words. You can’t even spot anything quite out of the ordinary at first, just the usual forest trails that seem to go on forever, merging with the vegetation up ahead, only to reveal themselves a bit more as you keep traversing them with no clear destination in mind. But a short while later, something unusual does catch your eye – a most brief, most mysterious flash of light up ahead!

Totodile sees it too and dashes ahead eagerly; what fascinating find awaits you all?! You follow suit, jump over a bush in your path and discover…

“Aw crap, it ran away.”

… A photographer. So much for the mysticism.

The man in front of you, roughly the same age by your estimate, is holding a fancy-looking camera strapped to his neck. He clearly came dressed for the job too, with a dark green camo outfit granting him a much more professional look than his thick glasses or messy, unkempt black hair would by themselves. Still, looks can be deceiving, as it seems this particular photographer isn’t having much luck at all.

“Oh. A Totodile! Hey buddy, can you, uh, stand still for just a second?”

Completely oblivious to your presence, the man kneels down and aims the lens at your Pokemon mere inches away from his face, no doubt believing the Water-Type to be a wild one. Totodile, in turn, stares back in confusion…

You know your partner better than anyone and how it may react to this stranger’s approach. Is it better to step in or do you let things flow?
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
433
Reaction score
13
The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.
"Okay listen, for the last time, this is our food!"

This was getting ridiculous. They had been chased for almost two hours all the way back from Empress's Garden over a sandwich!

Geez, who knew something that burly could move so fast?!

Ark and Chimchar were on the run, practically racing along Fool's Path, with a Munchlax of all things in hot pursuit. Chimchar was clearly in favor of stopping and engaging the famished bear, but Ark wasn't so sure he wanted to go that way. For one, beating up a poor hungry wild Munchlax in an area full of passersby might give the wrong idea; on the other hand, imagine if they lost? What would that do to Chimchar's already-shaky confidence?

But it's our last sandwich!

Several ideas crossed his mind as he kept running. Maybe Zorua could use Illusion and pretend to be a roast chicken to distract Munchlax, but that would probably get him eaten; not that the black fox would ever go with the plan to begin with. He could split the sandwich in two, but that probably wouldn't be enough to sate the Big Eater's appetite, nor would the other half be enough to feed both Ark and Chimchar. He could rush into a neaby PokeMart to look more food, even though he was broke, but how wise was it to guide a Munchlax straight into a convenience store? Chimchar's alternative was starting to look more and more inevitable.

Ugh... so be it.

Abruptly, he stopped. Chimchar almost didn't notice it, and Munchlax certainly didn't expect it. Then, Ark held out the sandwich in his right hand, fearlessly and perhaps a bit too dramatically.

"Enough's enough. You want this? Come and get it!"

The bear tilted his head, then grinned happily and ran towards Ark as the tone of challenge in the boy's voice flew right over his head.

"Chimchar, at the ready!"

Like a duel of cowboys, everything stood still for a moment. Then, just as Chimchar was about to engage the bear... a PokéBall from Ark's belt snapped open, and Turtwig emerged. With a happy leap, the Grass-Type grabbed the sandwich from Ark's hand, and swallowed it whole.

"Wh-WHAA?!"

Chimchar and Munchlax quietly stared at Turtwig with dead-eyed expressions, while the turtle happily chewed away. Ark stood there, mouth agape, wondering how Turtwig could be so naïve....

"Well... uh, that... settles it?" he hesitated to say. But since Munchlax seemed to just stand there, looking awfully disappointed rather than turning feral, the impending crisis did seem to be averted. "We should... probably find a way to stock up on supplies! If we had any money, anyway. So, uh, Munchlax, you're happy to tag along if you want! I need to look for a quick-paying job to keep all of you fed..."

In the end, he couldn't bring himself to just shoo the bear away. Say what you will, Munchlax was incredibly persistent; he probably deserved something for his troubles, even if had tormented Ark for the better part of two hours. And so, the quest began to find profitable adventure along the Fool's Path...
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3

Maskerade- After a short food related dilemma, you come to the realisation that you're going to need funds to support the needs of your growing squad. It didn't help that a couple of the Pokemon in your company were absolute gluttons, none more so than the Munchlax that had pursued you for a sandwich. Money or food would solve the issue although both would be great as well! Hopefully the Fool's Path would throw you a bone, as it so often did to weary travellers. You and your Pokemon continue along the well worn road, however Munchlax doesn't take its eyes off its feet. The hungry little bear kicks a pebble along as he goes, such a sullen sod! Suddenly the Normal type's interest perks and its head lifts, nose cocked high. Whatever it smelt was missed by you, although that was hardly surprising. There wasn't many who could compete with the sense of smell of a hungry Munchlax after all.

The running begins again, although this time you find yourself pursuing Munchlax rather than being pursued by it. You sprint for a few hundred metres before you spot your destination, a farmhouse just off the road. Munchlax quickly exhibits its complete lack of boundaries and rushes to the windowsill, where a Bluk Berry pie has been left to cool. The pie sits there innocently, unaware of the danger that it is in. Its aroma is intoxicating, its power over the bear is unnatural. By the time you even get close, Munchlax is all but hovering off the ground. Without an ounce of remorse, he sweeps the pie off the windowsill and promptly buries his face in it. The deed is done in an instant. Munchlax turns around to face you, his tongue still working to clean the scraps of pie from around his mouth.

You can't see anyone around, but clearly someone is here because someone had to make the pie. You could exploit their absence and make a run for it, or you could have a look around and try and find someone to apologise to....
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
Some argue that there is no such thing as “luck” in this world. Those people have never ventured into the Fortune Woods, or they would know better.

Whimsical and magical as the place felt, even by Arcane Realm standards, there was something more about this forest that made it fascinating, how someone’s fate seemed to bend and twirl at every turn of a single journey, as if a new divine coin was flipped with every step taken. Dangerous as that may sound, it also has an undeniable allure, especially for someone whose bad luck has seemed so immutable as of late.

Following in after your carefree Totodile, and with Bulbasaur accompanying you close behind, you venture deeper into the Fortune Woods. There’s an undeniable energy in the air, almost palpable but impossible to describe with words. You can’t even spot anything quite out of the ordinary at first, just the usual forest trails that seem to go on forever, merging with the vegetation up ahead, only to reveal themselves a bit more as you keep traversing them with no clear destination in mind. But a short while later, something unusual does catch your eye – a most brief, most mysterious flash of light up ahead!

Totodile sees it too and dashes ahead eagerly; what fascinating find awaits you all?! You follow suit, jump over a bush in your path and discover…

“Aw crap, it ran away.”

… A photographer. So much for the mysticism.

The man in front of you, roughly the same age by your estimate, is holding a fancy-looking camera strapped to his neck. He clearly came dressed for the job too, with a dark green camo outfit granting him a much more professional look than his thick glasses or messy, unkempt black hair would by themselves. Still, looks can be deceiving, as it seems this particular photographer isn’t having much luck at all.

“Oh. A Totodile! Hey buddy, can you, uh, stand still for just a second?”

Completely oblivious to your presence, the man kneels down and aims the lens at your Pokemon mere inches away from his face, no doubt believing the Water-Type to be a wild one. Totodile, in turn, stares back in confusion…

You know your partner better than anyone and how it may react to this stranger’s approach. Is it better to step in or do you let things flow?

A photographer? Better than a preppy Kalosian or a hell bent mage at least. It was hard to tell whether they were getting good luck or bad luck at this point, but Xander and Bulbasaur waited patiently to see whether the photographer was getting good luck or bad luck. If his luck was running bad, he'd probably catch a bite on his arm. If his luck was good? Well then he might just get his shot first! Totodile's bewilderment drops as the boy's finger presses down to take the photo. The Water type lunges forward, jaws open and ready to strike. Xander cringes, but lets out a sigh of relief as the Johto starter snaps his jaws shut just short of the camera's lens. That was one lucky kid! Totodile seems kind of flattered once he realises what is happening and even starts to pose. Bulbasaur feigns disinterest, however her eyes dart back and forth. She'd never admit to jealousy, she was too proud for that, but it was obvious that she didn't like Totodile getting all of the attention.

"At least one of us is having some luck", Xander chuckled, hoping to break the boy's fixation on Totodile. "Your lucky he didn't give you a handshake. For Totodile that's when he bites down on your hand and you have to shake him loose......" Totodile let out a chuckle, flapping his arms and feet around wildly. "Would you mind if I had a look at some of your photos? Have you seen anything interesting around here? My name is Xander by the way."
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
433
Reaction score
13
TheKnightFury: The man leaps back in fear as Totodile's jaws snap. Even from where you stand, you can see the photographer is left sweating bullets after the scare, much to the reptile's amusement. It's only after you speak up that your presence is finally acknowledged.

"O-oh! I hadn't noticed you there!" There's a mixture of surprise and relief in his voice. "This one yours? He's not exactly, uh... photogenic, if you don't mind me saying. Standing still's a big part of the process, y'know..."

You notice the man's not wearing any PokéBalls, something takes a whole different sets of spheres when venturing out into the wild... Is he expecting to ward off dangerous beasts with his camera or something? As if sensing your lingering doubts, the man grins and holds up his camera, shouting "Fatal Frame, baby!" in a reference that flies right over your head.

"Anyway, sure, you can take a look at my pics. Not my finest work, but I guarantee they usually turn out fine! But something always seems to happen that messes up my shots in this place - a sudden gust of wind, a Taillow flying right in front of the camera, some random noise scaring away what I'm trying to snap... it's unbelievable!"

He hands you the camera, and sure enough, looking through the digital display on the back, every single one of his photos is a mess one way or another, filled with motion blur or with absolutely nothing of interest in the frame. The only one that is somehow acceptable, ironically, is the last one he took when his hands were inches away from being bitten off.


"A fine mess, I know. There's just something about this place... like it doesn't want me here!" he sighs, taking back his precious camera. "Name's Cameron, by the way. Only reason I became a photographer, to be honest... Anyway - yeah, no, nothing interesting so far, and that's kinda the problem! I came after my dream, y'see, after a Pokemon so rare nobody's really ever seen it for certain - but if I get a picture of it, oooh boy, I'm set for life!"

He reaches into his backpack and proudly shows you his notebook, with a shoddily drawn Pokemon on it. The drawing is so bad, in fact, you can't even tell what species it's supposed to be until Cameron outright tells you.

"The Legendary Sawsbuck of Fortune's Woods! Ever heard of it? 'Course you haven't, you don't look like the kinda guy that wastes two seconds on silly myths. But thing is, this one ain't a myth, I'm sure of that!" he boldly declares, thumping on his chest with his hand to drive home the point. "Y'know how this place is supposed to be all about luck, and fate, and all that stuff? Turns out, there's a reason for that. This Sawsbuck is said to bless anyone who sees it with good luck for life. Hard to miss it too, if the stories are to be believed - this Sawsbuck's leaves never fall, never change, regardless of season - and they're all gold and silver, can you imagine that?!"

He glares at Bulbasaur, who does a poor effort of concealing her skepticism.

"But there's also a witch hiding somewhere in these woods, the "Bringer of Misfortune"; anyone who runs into her is cursed with perpetual bad luck, they say. And that's why your fate fluctuates so much inside this forest - the witch has been trying to hunt down Sawsbuck for centuries, and the closer she gets to him, the worse everyone's luck in the woods becomes. When Sawsbuck manages to lose his pursuer and gets to live some moments of peace and quiet, that's when everyone's luck peaks. Yeah, you can choose to believe it or not, but I don't really care either way . One decent shot of that golden and silver Sawsbuck, and I'm outta here! Thing is... my luck's been absolutely rotten until you showed up and I got no Pokemon to defend myself, sooo..."

You can tell where this is going a mile away.

"... Oh come on you could at least try to finish that sentence for me. No sense of humor... Look, here's the deal: help me track down that Sawsbuck, make sure I don't get eaten by a pack of Mightyena, and we share the profits. And trust me, profits will be insaaane dude. Here, an upfront incentive to help you decide."

He casually tosses a gray disk in your direction after retrieving it from his bag. Twirling it in your fingers, you realize it's a TM Flash.

"... yeah, no, that ain't an incentive, it's literally all I got to bribe you with; I'm flat broke. Only kept that thing around because it was thematically appropriate, but I ain't gonna exactly eat it, so... Well, whaddya say?"
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
433
Reaction score
13

Maskerade- After a short food related dilemma, you come to the realisation that you're going to need funds to support the needs of your growing squad. It didn't help that a couple of the Pokemon in your company were absolute gluttons, none more so than the Munchlax that had pursued you for a sandwich. Money or food would solve the issue although both would be great as well! Hopefully the Fool's Path would throw you a bone, as it so often did to weary travellers. You and your Pokemon continue along the well worn road, however Munchlax doesn't take its eyes off its feet. The hungry little bear kicks a pebble along as he goes, such a sullen sod! Suddenly the Normal type's interest perks and its head lifts, nose cocked high. Whatever it smelt was missed by you, although that was hardly surprising. There wasn't many who could compete with the sense of smell of a hungry Munchlax after all.

The running begins again, although this time you find yourself pursuing Munchlax rather than being pursued by it. You sprint for a few hundred metres before you spot your destination, a farmhouse just off the road. Munchlax quickly exhibits its complete lack of boundaries and rushes to the windowsill, where a Bluk Berry pie has been left to cool. The pie sits there innocently, unaware of the danger that it is in. Its aroma is intoxicating, its power over the bear is unnatural. By the time you even get close, Munchlax is all but hovering off the ground. Without an ounce of remorse, he sweeps the pie off the windowsill and promptly buries his face in it. The deed is done in an instant. Munchlax turns around to face you, his tongue still working to clean the scraps of pie from around his mouth.

You can't see anyone around, but clearly someone is here because someone had to make the pie. You could exploit their absence and make a run for it, or you could have a look around and try and find someone to apologise to....
"Oooh no no no no..."

Seriously, how did that big oaf move so damn fast?! Even Chimchar couldn't have reached the pie that quickly. The ape was also staring at Munchlax in complete disbelief; had he found... the secret to Ultra Instinct?

"Chimchar?" whispered Ark. "Number one, no, he didn't use any secret manga techniques, if that's what your thinking." It was. "Number two: if anyone asks, we don't know that idiot. Got it?"

The chimp nodded, completely on board with the plan. The bear was way more trouble than he was worth; if it were up to him, they never would've invited him along! But he knew Ark, the big softy, and he couldn't really blame him. Deep down, the boy knew if he befriended Munchlax, there was a small chance he could one day end up with a huge, mighty Snorlax. But was it really worth all the trouble? Not to mention the maintenance costs of something so huge and voracious! Ark probably wasn't thinking things through... but they'd cross that bridge when they got there. Right now, fleeing the crime scene was the priority.

Maybe I could ask Zorua to stand on that windowsill and pretend to be the pie... Although I'd probably get a Dark Pulse to the place for even suggesting it. Nah, better to scram before anyone pins this on us.

"Okay, ready? Run!!"

Ark and Chimchar dashed away as fast as they could, leaving behind a very dumbfounded-looking Munchlax still licking his lips. The pair could run impressively fast by anyone's standards, and in a matter of minutes, they were far away from that place.

"Woo! We did it. We're gettin' faster, don'tcha think?!" He gasped for air but kept smiling, knowing Chimchar was having fun despite it all. But then... "Wait. Chimchar? I did recall Turtwig earlier, didn't I?..."

The dread in his voice was justified once he reached for the turtle's PokeBall and found it empty. That's right... he never did call Turtwig back, the quiet Grass-Type had been walking along with them up until Munchlax stole the pie!

"Oh no... we gotta go back. Back to the crime scene..."

Chimchar hung his head. Why couldn't Turtwig just keep up the pace? Sure, okay, he was a turtle, but details aside, it's not like he was putting in the effort to begin with! Reluctantly, he nodded, and the duo sullenly made their way back to Munchlax, the missing pie, and sure enough, as they approached as silently as they could... there was Turtwig, clumsily trying to climb atop the sill to see if there was by any chance a second pie he could maybe take a bit of.

"Hush now Chimchar, come on, maybe we can get close enough to recall Turtwig back into his ball and make a run for it again afterwards..."
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
TheKnightFury: The man leaps back in fear as Totodile's jaws snap. Even from where you stand, you can see the photographer is left sweating bullets after the scare, much to the reptile's amusement. It's only after you speak up that your presence is finally acknowledged.

"O-oh! I hadn't noticed you there!" There's a mixture of surprise and relief in his voice. "This one yours? He's not exactly, uh... photogenic, if you don't mind me saying. Standing still's a big part of the process, y'know..."

You notice the man's not wearing any PokéBalls, something takes a whole different sets of spheres when venturing out into the wild... Is he expecting to ward off dangerous beasts with his camera or something? As if sensing your lingering doubts, the man grins and holds up his camera, shouting "Fatal Frame, baby!" in a reference that flies right over your head.

"Anyway, sure, you can take a look at my pics. Not my finest work, but I guarantee they usually turn out fine! But something always seems to happen that messes up my shots in this place - a sudden gust of wind, a Taillow flying right in front of the camera, some random noise scaring away what I'm trying to snap... it's unbelievable!"

He hands you the camera, and sure enough, looking through the digital display on the back, every single one of his photos is a mess one way or another, filled with motion blur or with absolutely nothing of interest in the frame. The only one that is somehow acceptable, ironically, is the last one he took when his hands were inches away from being bitten off.



"A fine mess, I know. There's just something about this place... like it doesn't want me here!" he sighs, taking back his precious camera. "Name's Cameron, by the way. Only reason I became a photographer, to be honest... Anyway - yeah, no, nothing interesting so far, and that's kinda the problem! I came after my dream, y'see, after a Pokemon so rare nobody's really ever seen it for certain - but if I get a picture of it, oooh boy, I'm set for life!"

He reaches into his backpack and proudly shows you his notebook, with a shoddily drawn Pokemon on it. The drawing is so bad, in fact, you can't even tell what species it's supposed to be until Cameron outright tells you.

"The Legendary Sawsbuck of Fortune's Woods! Ever heard of it? 'Course you haven't, you don't look like the kinda guy that wastes two seconds on silly myths. But thing is, this one ain't a myth, I'm sure of that!" he boldly declares, thumping on his chest with his hand to drive home the point. "Y'know how this place is supposed to be all about luck, and fate, and all that stuff? Turns out, there's a reason for that. This Sawsbuck is said to bless anyone who sees it with good luck for life. Hard to miss it too, if the stories are to be believed - this Sawsbuck's leaves never fall, never change, regardless of season - and they're all gold and silver, can you imagine that?!"

He glares at Bulbasaur, who does a poor effort of concealing her skepticism.

"But there's also a witch hiding somewhere in these woods, the "Bringer of Misfortune"; anyone who runs into her is cursed with perpetual bad luck, they say. And that's why your fate fluctuates so much inside this forest - the witch has been trying to hunt down Sawsbuck for centuries, and the closer she gets to him, the worse everyone's luck in the woods becomes. When Sawsbuck manages to lose his pursuer and gets to live some moments of peace and quiet, that's when everyone's luck peaks. Yeah, you can choose to believe it or not, but I don't really care either way . One decent shot of that golden and silver Sawsbuck, and I'm outta here! Thing is... my luck's been absolutely rotten until you showed up and I got no Pokemon to defend myself, sooo..."

You can tell where this is going a mile away.

"... Oh come on you could at least try to finish that sentence for me. No sense of humor... Look, here's the deal: help me track down that Sawsbuck, make sure I don't get eaten by a pack of Mightyena, and we share the profits. And trust me, profits will be insaaane dude. Here, an upfront incentive to help you decide."

He casually tosses a gray disk in your direction after retrieving it from his bag. Twirling it in your fingers, you realize it's a TM Flash.

"... yeah, no, that ain't an incentive, it's literally all I got to bribe you with; I'm flat broke. Only kept that thing around because it was thematically appropriate, but I ain't gonna exactly eat it, so... Well, whaddya say?"

Xander struggled to pay attention as Cameron overloaded him with the myth of the woods. He remembered the key points, Gold and Silver Leaf Sawsbuck = Good Luck, Evil Sawsbuck Hating Witch = Bad Luck. He wasn't exactly confident in the myth, Cameron came across as the sort of person who'd believe exactly what they are told. This was more than likely a wild Zangoose chase. Still, part of him wanted to see if it was actually real and he didn't have any other plans.

"Alright, we will help", Xander accepted the TM Flash as Totodile cheered, eager to get started. Bulbasaur wasn't exactly pleased, she seemed to think it was just a waste of time. Luckily Xander knew exactly how to win her over, putting the TM he'd just gained to good use.

Bulbasaur learnt TM Flash!

The Grass Starter flashed her bulb a couple of times, making sure not to do it too bright, no point blinding anyone yet. With Bulbasaur happy, they now had to think of a plan. After a moment pondering, Xander eventually settled on two plans of action. "Alright guys, let's see if we can get us something to start with. Totodile, put your nose to good use and see if you can pick up any scents. Bulbasaur see if you can't get an energy read. That Sawsbuck has to be giving off a tonne of energy. Cameron have you got anything to go off? We could check trees and see if there are any rubbings, I know Sawsbuck love rubbing their antlers on trees." This certainly wasn't going to be easy. They were starting with nothing but a rumour, they needed a lead....
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3

Maskerade- Deciding to go for a good old 'Dine and Dash', you turn and sprint down the road, hoping to distance yourself from the scene of the crime. You've made a rookie's mistake however, everyone knows that if you're going to pull a Dine and Dash, everyone has to dash! Unfortunately Turtwig has opted to remain behind with Munchlax, hoping to find more delicious treats within the homestead. You race back, eyes locked on the Grass Starter as he relentlessly tries to scramble up through the window. Ball raised, you're about to recall him when Munchlax decides to give him a little boost. The recall fails as the Normal type pushes Turtwig up onto the windowsill. You quickly lose sight of the enterprising Pokemon, but it isn't long before someone else sets eyes on him. A scream followed by a bout of shouting. "Get outta here you darn varmint! Mace there's a critter in ere again!" The call for help stirs movement from the barn opposite the homestead, as a burly old man in overalls charges towards the home.

Turtwig comes skidding out the front door just before the man reaches it, the Grass type wheels towards you, fear in his eyes. It is soon obvious why, as an old woman in a polka-dot dress lurches out of the house, fiercely wielding a straw broom. "Ginger honey, what's goin on ere?" The man questions, still unable to put the pieces together.

"That darn Turtwig ate the pie I had coolin on the sill!" Ginger replies, brandishing her broom in Turtwig's direction. "Look's to me like it belongs to that kid." The pair now have eyes on you and clearly blame Turtwig for eating the pie. You could try and push the blame onto Munchlax and go on your way but it might be difficult to convince them since Turtwig was the one caught trespassing.
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Biggggg5 Last Update
ShinyRockruff204:


You were heading out to the Tower, were legends told of magick and wisdom being guarded by creatures of old, as your plane started to pull into the Arcane sectioned Fizz United Airport you couldnt help but be reminded of Asperita Outlook. As you were unloading from the plane with the other passengers you saw so many pokemon and people mingling about. You had a bunch of potential rivals, friends, fellow explorers and who knows what else possibly within this crowd with you. Walking around exploring the sights, you felt a push on your back, and a timid squeak behind you. Turning you saw that there was a small girl clutching her bag mumbling her apologies and looking around nervously. It was clear that she was nervous and that she didn't mean to bump into you, but she also looked as if she was lost and needed help...

Perhaps you could ask her where she was heading, because she could possibly be heading to the Tower like you, and you two could be travel Buddies...
After all there was supposed to be a tour group gathering in the Airports west side to head out to the Tower within the next hour.
Another thing you happened to notice was that both you and her were hungry, because both of your stomachs rumbled in unison, and she didn't appear to have packed any food, maybe the tour group paid for meals... Well they said they would in the brochure.

What will you do?




CrazyCreeperKid:
As you decided to start to wander in the desert blind and woefully unprepared, you heard some person shouting at you, not angrily but definitely trying to grab your attention.
"WHY ARE YOU GOING IN THERE???? ITS TOO COLD THIS TIME OF NIGHT AND YOU DON'T LOOK DRESSED FOR THIS!!!"

A woman caught up to you huffing and puffing... after she caught her breath, she put on a smile and started over
"My Apologies young sir, but you cant go into the desert dressed like this and with out anyone else with you. You'll get lost very easily and you'll probably freeze tonight and burn up tomorrow, because even though this isn't a normal desert doesn't mean that you wont suffer the same fate of that if you went into a regular desert.
With a small nod off her head she pointed to the area she came from you soon noticed there were lights in the distance.

" First up why dont you come with me and I can get you prepared for exploration, and if you would prefer to wait a bit I can be your guide for the desert and take you to some of the meteorites.
At the very least come inside and get some food, gear, water and a filling meal please?"

"My name's Amilia by the way, whats yours?" Amilia offered out her hand to shake yours, and what she had said had some truth to it... Other Worldly experiences were rumored to happen to travelers in this Desert.
You could use a guide and a extra person to help get by in this place that you know nothing of outside of the rumors and brochures, and what the reviews were left on websites...
What will you do?
 
Ugh, always have to do the dirty work....
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
1,533
CrazyCreeperKid:
As you decided to start to wander in the desert blind and woefully unprepared, you heard some person shouting at you, not angrily but definitely trying to grab your attention.
"WHY ARE YOU GOING IN THERE???? ITS TOO COLD THIS TIME OF NIGHT AND YOU DON'T LOOK DRESSED FOR THIS!!!"

A woman caught up to you huffing and puffing... after she caught her breath, she put on a smile and started over
"My Apologies young sir, but you cant go into the desert dressed like this and with out anyone else with you. You'll get lost very easily and you'll probably freeze tonight and burn up tomorrow, because even though this isn't a normal desert doesn't mean that you wont suffer the same fate of that if you went into a regular desert.
With a small nod off her head she pointed to the area she came from you soon noticed there were lights in the distance.

" First up why dont you come with me and I can get you prepared for exploration, and if you would prefer to wait a bit I can be your guide for the desert and take you to some of the meteorites.
At the very least come inside and get some food, gear, water and a filling meal please?"

"My name's Amilia by the way, whats yours?" Amilia offered out her hand to shake yours, and what she had said had some truth to it... Other Worldly experiences were rumored to happen to travelers in this Desert.
You could use a guide and a extra person to help get by in this place that you know nothing of outside of the rumors and brochures, and what the reviews were left on websites...
What will you do?
Danny was luckily stopped from utter death by who seemed to be a local, who was offering to prepare him for exploration, and guide him through. She said it was too cold at this time of night, which was weird to him, because deserts were supposed to be hot. In all of Danny's intellect, somehow temperature slipped his mind. But he couldn't just follow some random lady. He looked at the Slowpoke on his shoulder, who seemed to have taken liking into the girl. Then again, she was offering to guide him through the desert.....

Danny contemplated this for a few minutes, before coming up with a decision.

"Sure, I could use a guide. Or at least someone to tell my story if I don't make it out alive." he said morbidly, then saw that she wanted to know his name.
"Oh, and the name's Danny." he said as he shook her hand. As he followed her to the place, he thought he might as well chit-chat.

"So, what kinds of Pokemon can be found in the desert? Ground-types? Rock-types? I expect all sorts. Also, why's it called the Desert of the Stars? Is it because of the meteorites? Oooh, where did the meteors come from? And why did they land in the desert? Also, I've been wondering...." he continued to bombard her with questions, thinking, If she's going to be my guide, she should know this stuff, right?

Amilia looked ready to answer his questions, her facial expression saying, "Ask away!"
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
1
ShadowDRGN- After eventually settling in the hammock, you don't have much trouble getting to sleep. Your body was calling out for it and the gentle rocking of the hammock made it all but impossible to prevent. You awaken after a few hours, your surroundings now darkened, but not too much. At first you think its just the dim glow from one of the cabin's windows, but looking up you soon realise why your surroundings are so well lit despite it being night. The full moon floats high in the sky, the bright white figure was at its peak tonight. While the ability to see was certainly a bonus, you had to remember that the full moon also meant the local Water Pokemon would be enraged. Boss wakes up slowly, but Twist is already up, the Buizel is busy stretching, preparing for his shot at revenge. As you walk back around the front of the cabin, Mal is waiting on the porch. He doesn't say anything, he has already said all he needs to. He simply gives you a reassuring nod before you head off through the forest, making your way back to the edge of the lake.

The trek back through the forest is quick and you soon find yourself back at the edge of the lake. You hear a tremendous roar in the distance, its source currently unknown. It likely to pose a threat, or an immediate one at least. You seem unsure about which direction to head, but Twist seems to know where he is going. The Buizel was obviously familiar with the lake and knew where his adversaries could be located. You follow closely, making sure to not let him get too far ahead. You spot a few Pokemon in the lake from a distance, but you can't get a good enough look to properly identify them. It looks like an absolute frenzy out there though. The energy within the lake is so intense that waves are actually crashing against the shore!

Twist comes to a stop, spotting his adversaries up ahead. The two Corphish are trampling and tearing apart some abandoned nests by the lakeside, overseeing them is a Crawdaunt, whose eyes glow a deep red. Neither it or the Corphish have spotted you yet, giving you a moment to come up with a plan, if you think quickly.
Jason yawns as he slowly climbs out of the hammock, nearly flipping himself over as he forgets that his comfortable bed is suspended in midair. He shouts briefly, but loudly as he stumbles across the grass, the noise rousing Boss from his slumber and causing him to rub his eyes and glare at Jason with an annoyed look: What are you yelling for?

"Shit," Jason sighs as he regains his balance and looks back to the hammock as it rocks and twists wildly between the trees. He jogs back over to fix it and grab his duffel bag when he feels Boss' gaze fixating on him. He turns to the little Pancham and grins sheepishly, "heh, sorry. Just some trouble getting out of that thing," he replies, causing his partner to simply groan and hop onto his feet. Despite his rude awakening, Boss looks rested and ready to go... he's just more worried that Jason's head isn't in the game yet.

Jason takes a look around at their surroundings, unsure of just how long they've slept. The sky is dark... but their surroundings aren't. It's a bit puzzling to him until he gets out from the shade of the trees and sees the moon hanging above them, white as marble and round as a billiard ball, "whoa..." Jason marvels at it, "is this what the moon's like out in the countryside? I can even see the milky way!" he grins, pointing to the cloudy band of stars encircling Mal's cabin like a halo.

Before he can get too absorbed in stargazing, however, he feels two sharp punches against his legs, causing him to recoil and snap his gaze back down towards the ground. Twist and Boss are both standing beside them, each of them digging a fist into his leg as they stare directly into his eyes fiercely. He can tell both of them are raring to go, and that they're especially relying on their Trainer to be focused on the task at hand instead of goofing off.

Jason gives a pained chuckle and holds his hands up in surrender, "ow... sorry, sorry! I get the message, guys!" he says, "I'm ready to go! When we see those Corphish, I'm gonna give it my all just like you guys will!" he nods to each of them, easing their concerns as they grin back and begin circling the cabin as Jason follows behind. Jason gives a nod back to Mal as they pass him, one filled with gratitude for all he's done for them over the last day, and they continue on walking, the three of them focused on reaching the lakeside and hunting for their targets as soon as possible.

As they make their short trek down to the lake, Jason takes the time to dig through his bag and prepare as many items as he can fit into his pockets. Potions are his main concern, to make sure they don't get into another situation like when he first found Twist. He isn't particularly invested in catching bullies like those Corphish, but just in case he grabs himself a Moon Ball, too. He also grabs a Liechi Berry from his lunchbox and a Fighting Gem from another pocket before he zips his bag back up and slings it over his shoulder.

"Hey! Boss, Twist!" he calls, causing both of them to stop and look back curiously, "catch!" Jason grins and tosses the two items to each of his companions. Twist grabs the shining orange gem with both arms, while Boss holds up a paw and expertly snags the berry out of the air, "those should help power up both of your attacks. I'll tell you when to pop them," Jason advises, before he starts picking up the pace and getting ahead of them.

"C'mon, let's get a mo-" he gets cut off as the distant roar nearly makes his soul jump out of his body, and he looks ahead of them just as the lake comes into view, rippling and swarming with dark shadows, "d-damn. Guess they weren't kidding about the Pokemon getting aggressive. Let's get in and get out before anyone besides those Corphish start picking a fight," Boss looks a bit unnerved by the screech as well, but Twist simply nods and gets ahead of Jason again, gesturing for them to follow as he leads the way. He already knows where these thugs would be getting their kicks on a night like this.

It doesn't take much scouring to find them ashore and tearing up a nest, much to the group's disdain. Jason's face contorts at the sight, and his focused expression turns to one of anger as he watches the crab Pokemon bash and rip apart the nest with their claws, "seriously... even Marcus wouldn't go mailbox smashing, and this is way worse," he whispers, spitting onto the ground as they keep their distance. Boss agrees, while Twist wonders for a second what a mailbox or a Marcus is before he nods too.

Jason squats down, "alright. Here's the plan," he says to his team, "you two split up and get close to their ringleader. Boss comes in from the side, and Twist comes in from behind. Boss, get his attention with a Leer, and while it's distracted, Twist will go in and nail it with a Power-Up Punch using that crystal, then Boss joins in with a Karate Chop. Sound good?" he asks.

Boss and Twist both nod and pump their fists approvingly, each one gripping tight to their items. Jason grins widely and nods back, before standing up again and pointing to the Crawdaunt, "then let's do this!"
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
CrazyCreeperKid:
Amilia was indeed bombarded by your seemingly endless stew of questions but she didn't mind. After all this is what she was supposed to do.

"You can see a mixture of almost all types of pokemon in this desert, not just ground and rock types. I've heard there's an oasis or three in there which house a few water types but I dont think you'll see Ice types and Water types, at least those that need the cold and the lakes / streams / oceans to survive and the liking.

"There are plenty of caves out there which could hold Ice types but so far in my tour groups I haven't come across any.
It is called the Desert of the Stars because there use to be several native tribes that lived out in the desert, mapping the Stars... Though suddenly they vanished.

"Natives outside the desert tribes say that they went back home. To the Stars.

"Though I dont know how accurate it is, we dont really have anything else to explain it and go off of yet if at all. "

As you two walked together you came closer and closer to a city of sorts.... More like a large town actually if you thought about it.

"I was supposed to have one other person as a tourist... So like if you know... If you wouldnt mind waiting till the morning I'll take the both of you out to the Desert and show you the Metorite field" Amilia took you to a hotel that appareantly she stayed at.

"This is my brothers Hotel, and he allows me to take some rooms when I get tourists to guide. You can have this room " Amilia handed you a key to room 215 and pointed to the elevator which showed a directory and map of the hotel.

" I have to go back to my place down the street to grab my gear and get stuff ready for you then I'll be back to take you and my other Client to a resturant. Dont worry about paying for it, its on me. "


What will you do, do you want to go in the morning with her and another person? Or would you want to still leave after you get some food in?
 
Ugh, always have to do the dirty work....
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
1,533
CrazyCreeperKid:
Amilia was indeed bombarded by your seemingly endless stew of questions but she didn't mind. After all this is what she was supposed to do.

"You can see a mixture of almost all types of pokemon in this desert, not just ground and rock types. I've heard there's an oasis or three in there which house a few water types but I dont think you'll see Ice types and Water types, at least those that need the cold and the lakes / streams / oceans to survive and the liking.

"There are plenty of caves out there which could hold Ice types but so far in my tour groups I haven't come across any.
It is called the Desert of the Stars because there use to be several native tribes that lived out in the desert, mapping the Stars... Though suddenly they vanished.

"Natives outside the desert tribes say that they went back home. To the Stars.

"Though I dont know how accurate it is, we dont really have anything else to explain it and go off of yet if at all. "

As you two walked together you came closer and closer to a city of sorts.... More like a large town actually if you thought about it.

"I was supposed to have one other person as a tourist... So like if you know... If you wouldnt mind waiting till the morning I'll take the both of you out to the Desert and show you the Metorite field" Amilia took you to a hotel that appareantly she stayed at.

"This is my brothers Hotel, and he allows me to take some rooms when I get tourists to guide. You can have this room " Amilia handed you a key to room 215 and pointed to the elevator which showed a directory and map of the hotel.

" I have to go back to my place down the street to grab my gear and get stuff ready for you then I'll be back to take you and my other Client to a resturant. Dont worry about paying for it, its on me. "


What will you do, do you want to go in the morning with her and another person? Or would you want to still leave after you get some food in?
Amilia had answered all of Danny's questions, and had piqued his interest even more. An oasis? We need to visit there. "They went back home? To the "Stars"?" Danny said as he looked up towards the black night sky, which was sprinkled with stars like sesame seeds on a Miltank burger. Then, Amilia proposed that Danny should wait till morning so she could take him and another mystery client.

Danny didn't like this idea at first, but once Amilia mentioned "restaurant", Danny's hunger-crazed mind forced him into agreement.

"Yeah, I'll wait for you." Danny said, collecting the key which was engraved with the number '215'. Danny walked into the elevator, pressing the button as he waved goodbye to Amilia.

"215, that's Sneasel, right?" Danny said to himself, checking the Pokedex. Indeed, number 215 was Sneasel. Danny looked at the map above him.
"Room 215 is on the fourth floor." Danny said as he pressed the button which read '4', as the elevator doors closed.

After a few minutes of depressing music, Danny arrived at his destination. He stepped out of the elevator, walking down the long hallway. The air was cold, like most hotels. He kept an eye on the room doors, while in all taking in the building.

He read out loud, "209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215! There it is!" Danny said, as he slit the key into the keyhole, before turning it and unlocking the door. Danny walked into the dark room, flicking the light switch, which leaked light into the entire room.

Fairly small, there was a queen-sized bed, along with a dresser, soft pillows, the usual hotel room things. Danny put his bag on the bed, releasing all his Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Clockwork perched on his head, like usual, Litwick stood atop the dresser, and Alakazam went to a corner, likely to meditate, or whatever Alakazam do. Danny himself sat on the bed, scrambling through the bag to find two framed photos. One was a photo of his family, while the other was a photo with his friends. He placed both on the dresser, before lying back on the frame of the bed.

Grabbing the remote, Danny put on the small TV, then began to surf for something to watch.
 
Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
CrazyCreeperKid:



After about thirty mins of you watching something on TV, you heard a knocing at your door and Amilia's voice called out to you.

"Danny, we are ready for dinner, are you?"

We?... Oh she possibly means her other Client who you were going to meet.
You decided to bring along your pokemon as most if not all resturants catered to pokemon for free so long as they didnt destroy the place or cause the other customers any problems.

Once you stepped out the door of the Sneasle suite you were introduced to Amilias second client.

A smaller teenage lady with black hair clutched her bag and very noticeably hid behind Amilia...
The bag she held was a duffle bag and it seemed to shiver a bit although that could have been your imagination and it could have been her.

"This is Thymest, Thymest this is Danny, the two of you will be my charges for this adventure so I want you too to at least be able to communicate with each other. "

With no audible reply from Thymest aside from a nod Amilia turned and smiled, leading the both of you out of the hotel and towards tmthe resturant she picked out.

The resturant wasn't something special to look at but the smells coming from inside certainly made your mouth water.

"Order what ever you want on the menu " Amilia commented as the three of you were sat at a nice cozy table

"I have a long history with the owner of this resturant and I'm allowed to get meals for free so long as I bring revenue to this place. Lots of explorers come back here After wards because they loved the food. And the prices aren't that bad either "

What will you order and how will you approach talking to Thymest?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
ShadowDRGN- It was time for redemption. You set down a plan and Boss and Twist are quick to the task. The Buizel takes a wide berth, slinking into the treeline in order to stay unnoticed, while Boss rushes to confront the trio from the side before they can spot him. The young Fighting type is successful as he remains unnoticed until he leaps atop the log next to the nest the fiendish shellfish were destroying. He leers down at them, lowering their defence and giving Twist the opening he needs. The Buizel puts his newly learnt technique to good use, gathering power in his paws. The gem he was gifted with disintegrates in his tightening grasp, granting his attack even more power. The Crawdaunt is caught completely by surprise as Twist leaps on its back, quickly slugging him with a Power-Up Punch! The Super Effective hit is a great start and it leaves the Buizel with an attack boost to start the fight with. While the Corphish are left shocked, Boss leaps through the air and follows Twist's attack with a super effective move of his own. The Karate Chop lets out a resounding crack as Boss's powerful forearm collides with the Crawdaunt's tough carapace.

Although Twist and Boss had gotten off to a cracking start, their opponents weren't about to turn tail an run. Their eyes burning with an intense energy, the Corphish seek to push the pair away from their leader. One surges forward in a jet of water, knocking Boss a few metres away. The Pancham quickly regains his feet and squares up against the Corphish. The other Corphish lunges at Twist with a claw, catching his tail in a Vice Grip! With a flick of his claw, the Corphish sends the Buizel flying into the water where he lands with a splash. Twist is alright, but it likely isn't wise to spend too long in the water, the last thing you wanted to do was draw in more rampaging Water Pokemon! With its minions keeping your Pokemon occupied, the Crawdaunt prepares itself for combat, working itself into a frenzy with Dragon Dance! It then continues to Hone its Claws on the surrounding rocks, with the amount of attack boosts it is acquiring, taking a direct hit from this thing could prove costly!
 
Ugh, always have to do the dirty work....
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
1,533
"Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck."

"Tox?"

Gavin gave a chuckle in response to his Shiny Dustox, lowering his Arcane Realm guidebook from which he'd been reading. "Well, I dunno if I believe it," he stated. "But sure as shit I ain't dismissing it outright, that'd just be stupid. Besides, rolling the dice like that... that's pretty much par for the course with Shiny hunting, wouldn't you say, Agate?" he added.

Agate gave a nod. "Tox Dustox," she agreed. Of course, it was that chance of bad luck the brown-winged Dustox was concerned about...

"Ahh, don't sweat it too much," Gavin said, as though in response to his Pokémon's unvoiced concerns. "Ain't much purpose in worrying about what ain't even happened yet." Even so, as he said this, the Orre-native Shiny hunter absentmindedly toyed with the Shiny Charm that hung around his neck, as he so often tended to in the pursuit of luck, be it with locating Shiny Pokémon or just in general. "I say we just keep moving and see what happens, and take things as they come, yeah?"

"Dustox!" agreed Agate. And with that agreed upon, Gavin Golurkson led the way forward into the Fortune's Woods. The allure of good fortune was something few could resist, least of all those whose ways of life hinged on seeking out the extreme rarities of the Pokémon world, and Gavin Golurkson was no exception.
(All right, first ever update. I hope it isn't too trashy.)
You walk into the forest, fondling with your Shiny Charm from time to time, as you look around. The forest was known for whimsical fortunes. As you gaze at the trees you see multiple Pokemon scampering about, bushes shaking and leaves rustling. On a tree branch you see a larger-than-normal Noctowl staring you down, or maybe it was your Shiny Dustox it wanted to have a chat with.

You proceed through, as you keep an eye out for Shiny Pokemon, or any items. Agate kept to your side, maybe it was worried about the multiple Bird Pokemon in the trees, or maybe it worried that luck may not turn in your favor.

As you continue, you stop as you hear a loud rustling noise. Turning in that direction, you don't see anything, as Dustox's antennas perk up in response.

Then, a huge creature flew past, you hear a screech as it flew by, then Agate shouts "Dustoxxxxx!" as it is hit by the huge creature.
Worried, obviously, you look in the direction the creature flew, the bushes are broken and the trees were bent. This was no simple creature.
What do you do?
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,846
Reaction score
7
(All right, first ever update. I hope it isn't too trashy.)
You walk into the forest, fondling with your Shiny Charm from time to time, as you look around. The forest was known for whimsical fortunes. As you gaze at the trees you see multiple Pokemon scampering about, bushes shaking and leaves rustling. On a tree branch you see a larger-than-normal Noctowl staring you down, or maybe it was your Shiny Dustox it wanted to have a chat with.

You proceed through, as you keep an eye out for Shiny Pokemon, or any items. Agate kept to your side, maybe it was worried about the multiple Bird Pokemon in the trees, or maybe it worried that luck may not turn in your favor.

As you continue, you stop as you hear a loud rustling noise. Turning in that direction, you don't see anything, as Dustox's antennas perk up in response.

Then, a huge creature flew past, you hear a screech as it flew by, then Agate shouts "Dustoxxxxx!" as it is taken by the huge creature.
Worried, obviously, you look in the direction the creature flew, the bushes are broken and the trees were bent. This was no simple creature.
What do you do?
Gavin looked around as he went through the forest. Numerous Pokémon caught his eye, but never for very long, with them being the normal coloration for their kind. The huge Noctowl got his attention, but moreso out of concern for Agate, for that bird was looking maybe a little hungry. Agate wasn't too worried, though- she simply glared right back at the Noctowl. It better damn well not be looking for an easy snack, because it sure wouldn't find it in her, not in the daughter of the Vampire of Cadaver Forest.

They continued, side by side, through the forest... and then they both heard a loud rustling noise. "What the fuck was that?" Gavin frowned as he and Agate both turned.

"Tox..." murmured Dustox.

And then, in a flash, a huge creature flew right past them. "GAH!" exclaimed Gavin. "Fucking shit, what the fuck just-"

"Tox Dustox!" Agate exclaimed in similar shock.

Gavin looked in the direction the creature flew. "...Holy shit," he murmured. "Agate, look at this!" He gestured in the direction the creature had gone, and the Shiny Dustox could see what her Trainer meant- it had left a trail of destruction in its wake, between broken bushes and bent trees. Gavin turned to the Bug/Poison-type. "What do you think?" he muttered. "Whatever that was could be in some serious shit if it's going off like that."

"Duuuus..." murmured Agate. Whatever that was, it's gotta be capable of some serious destruction... but then, in order to be causing such destruction, it could very well be that it was in pain, or in danger of some sort. At last, the Shiny Dustox nodded. She would accompany Gavin as he went off after that... whatever that was. Gavin nodded back, and sure enough, led the way, following the trail of destruction.
 
Ugh, always have to do the dirty work....
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
1,533
Missingno. Master - You follow the path of destruction, stepping on sticks, and snapping them in your haste.
Agate follows behind you, more worried than ever. As you go deeper into the forest, things slowly become less whimsical and more mysterious. Perhaps luck was no longer in your favor? You continue through, following the trail of leaves and snapped twigs, as you are stared down by an abnormally huge amount of Morelull. Their ominous looks unnerve you, but you press on.
Pushing back some more underbrush and tree branches, you walk deeper and deeper, as you see blinking lights which seem to follow you. Agate is slightly fascinated, but mostly just creeped out. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have a bug Pokemon out in the house of Bird Pokemon?
You seem to be getting closer and closer to the resting place of your ambusher. The twigs and leaves begin to grow in number, but so does your anxiety. The Morelull begin to drop in number, but then the spookiness began to rise in number.
Then, there is a rustle in the bushes. This one was quiet, and slow. Whatever was in those bushes was coming closer. The Morelull lights begin to blink more and more and intensify before it stops. A Shiinotic steps in your way, accompanied by two averagely bigger Morelull.
It begins to glow, and its face toughens up. It wanted a battle.

Shiinotic and a pair of Morelull want to battle!
127050127051127050
What do you do?
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,846
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master - You follow the path of destruction, stepping on sticks, and snapping them in your haste.
Agate follows behind you, more worried than ever. As you go deeper into the forest, things slowly become less whimsical and more mysterious. Perhaps luck was no longer in your favor? You continue through, following the trail of leaves and snapped twigs, as you are stared down by an abnormally huge amount of Morelull. Their ominous looks unnerve you, but you press on.
Pushing back some more underbrush and tree branches, you walk deeper and deeper, as you see blinking lights which seem to follow you. Agate is slightly fascinated, but mostly just creeped out. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have a bug Pokemon out in the house of Bird Pokemon?
You seem to be getting closer and closer to the resting place of your ambusher. The twigs and leaves begin to grow in number, but so does your anxiety. The Morelull begin to drop in number, but then the spookiness began to rise in number.
Then, there is a rustle in the bushes. This one was quiet, and slow. Whatever was in those bushes was coming closer. The Morelull lights begin to blink more and more and intensify before it stops. A Shiitonic steps in your way, accompanied by two averagely bigger Morelull.
It begins to glow, and its face toughens up. It wanted a battle.

Shiinotic and a pair of Morelull want to battle!
View attachment 127050View attachment 127051View attachment 127050
What do you do?
And off they went, twigs snapping beneath Gavin's boots as they went. Agate was slightly worried, but only slightly. I mean, yeah, a Bug-type where birds reside, not exactly the smartest thing, but Agate was truly her mother's daughter. Those who sought to prey on her generally didn't live long enough to regret their mistake. She was not some easy target. But even so, there was a sense of unease she couldn't shake off.

Deeper into the forest, the whimsical feel gave way to mystery. Gavin was a little unnerved, but Agate felt rather morbidly right at home. After all, Gavin had caught her in Cadaver Forest, which is where her mother had resided, draining the blood of most who were fool enough to venture inside.

Gavin could soon see a number of glowing mushrooms. But more interesting was the fact that said mushrooms were growing out of Pokémon. Intrigued, Gavin took out his P*DA, slid it open, and opened up the Strategy Memo.

"Morelull, the Illuminating Pokémon. Type: Grass and Fairy," droned the device. "Scatters flickering, glowing spores. Sleeps during the day, taking sustenance from tree roots."

"Well, these little guys are sure up and about, and sure as shit it ain't night yet," Gavin murmured as he continued onward. As he continued, he saw fewer and fewer Morelull, but this did nothing to set him at ease. And then, he heard a rustling in the bushes ahead. Quiet and slow- something was coming. Gavin tensed up... and then saw a pair of larger-than-average Morelull stepping out of the bushes, barring Gavin's way, and they were accompanying a larger Pokémon with one big umbrella-esque mushroom cap topping its head. P*DA still in hand, Gavin consulted it for information.

"Shiinotic, the Illuminating Pokémon. The evolved form of Morelull. Type: Grass and Fairy," droned the device. "Puts prey to sleep and siphons its vitality. Its forest home is treacherous to enter at night."

"I see, so it's a fight, then," Gavin stated. He reached for his belt, but a fluttering of brown wings caused him to stop- his Shiny Dustox had flown out in front of him. "Heh," grinned Gavin. "Agate, you up for this?"

"Dustox dus!" nodded the Poison Moth Pokémon.

"Then let's fucking go!" Gavin nodded back. "Agate, Gust attack, blow 'em back! Then pepper 'em with Poison Sting, and hit Shiinotic with Sludge Bomb!"
 
Top