1. Think you know Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow? Just feeling lucky? Check out Pokémon Wiz: Kanto Edition!

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Discussion in 'Fizzy Bubbles' started by Liltwick, Oct 1, 2018.

1. TheKnightsFury

TheKnightsFury New Member

Blog Posts:

The Zorua made a hasty retreat as soon as Gjoll screeched at it. "Ha" Jayson scoffed, the Zorua clearly was smart enough to know when it was outmatched. Genghis managed to get the Cubone to eat the Sitrus Berry, however the Cubone quickly started crying again. Did it not like the flavour of the berry? Or maybe he'd misread the situation with the Zorua and the fox was actually the Cubone's friend. If that was the case the Dark type would likely return and Jayson wouldn't be so hasty to just it. As they ran down the corridor it eventually split, leaving them with another decision to make. Two options, voices seemed to travel from one tunnel, while the other gave as heat. Heat like that generally had one source, magma....

Jayson was unsure on what path to take, but then suddenly he was struck by an idea! "We will use the Cubone's crying to our advantage", the trainer claimed as his Pokemon stared at him with curiosity. "Well it seems to cry more when something doesn't go the way it wants. So first we will start going down the left tunnel, just to see how it reacts. Then we will turn back and go down the right tunnel and see if it reacts better or worse! Which ever tunnel generates a better reaction from the Cubone is the one we will take. If we head down the left tunnel, you all need to be ready in case we meet some resistance." If they took the right tunnel, Jayson would recall everyone except Genghis and release Artemis once more to fly him, the Cubone and Genghis over any magma that blocked their way. His plan was fool proof or at least he hoped it was!

2. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

The Mother Superior listens to you in silence and shakes her head.

"You mistake our religious beliefs with the purpose of this Cathedral and the women who reside here," Madeleine explains, closing the door again once she realizes you have no intention of leaving the room. "The High Priestess's Cathedral's role in society is twofold: we pray continuously to Arceus for the preservation of this world, which It could end on a whim; and we house millennia-old knowledge in our archives, precious texts of unspeakable value, which we are tasked with maintaining dutifully lest these paper treasures become lost."

Madeleine places a hand on your shoulder, attempting to sound reassuring.

"The silent one is my cross to bear, because he can neither pray nor write - he is not even a woman, as our Order has mandated for centuries. He serves neither of the Cathedral's purposes, and his continued permanence here might be seen as an insult to Arceus. It is believed that, if the nuns of this Cathedral were to ever stop praying, Arceus would destroy the world; that is a chance we are not willing to take..." The Mother Superior takes a deep breath, struggling to appear calm as she pours her heart out to you. "My role is merely that of a supervisor; I hold no authority over my sisters, for we are all equal to the eyes of Arceus. My transgression would not be forgiven if they found out... He came to me one day, famished, alone and persecuted. I could not turn a blind eye. But a "nun" who does not offer prayer, who does not know how to preserve a scroll... My sisters will argue, and perhaps rightly so, that I endanger the whole world by simply allowing him to stay. And yet..."

Madeleine pauses and looks at you. At least, that's you think she's doing, since her face is completely covered by the white veil.

"By now my sisters have probably confined him to the solitude of the Room of Penance until time comes for the next prayer... I see no solution. If I order him to stay, I am corrupting the very purpose of this Cathedral, whereas if I send him away, I am failing my own faith. What would you do in my stead?"

3. King Ghidorah!

King Ghidorah! New Member

Blog Posts:

“Typical,” Hugo said with disdain. “No offense intended, sister, but this encapsulates my struggle with faith. They preach kindness, protecting the meek and downtrodden. But when push comes to shove and it comes time to actually help someone in need, not only will they refuse and claim protocol, but they punish anyone who tries.”

He couldn’t tell if he was offending her. In fact, it was extremely bizarre that he was having such a significant conversation with a faceless person. But the vestments come in handy. Hugo had no idea a man was hiding underneath them. Then again…what else might they be hiding here?

“I appreciate what you’ve tried to do in helping this person, but was it really smart to thrust him into such a situation where he would so obviously stand out? This is such a massive building, you mean to tell me there are no secret rooms or catacombs or anything where you could have stashed this person? I suppose it’s best not to dwell on what could have or should have been though, what’s done is done.

Surely there is somewhere else that this person could be sent for help, is there not? And why exactly was he in such a dire state? Either way, there is only so much longer that this charade can continue, and the longer it builds, the worse this will become.

If you want, I can help you, but we will need to devise a plan to get this person to somewhere safe. Take me to the confinement chamber and we can devise a plan on the way.”

4. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

Madeleine shakes her head again as you admonish both her religion and her actions. Perhaps she would have appreciated some more compassion in your words, but you know she can't fault you for being honest.

"You assume a lot indeed... But very well, I will lead you to the Room of Penance. Your help is appreciated... despite your bluntness. I ask only that you remain discreet for now - until we have figured out a solution, I would prefer not to have this secret revealed. Not just for my sake, but also his."

The Mother Superior exits the room, motioning for you to follow. You traverse the Church at a quick pace, earning the covered stares of many of the nuns you pass by on the way. You notice none bow to Madeleine, which falls in line with what she said earlier - despite being the supervisor of the Cathedral's activities, she is fundamentally no different from all the others. The women of this Church bow only to their Gods.

Madeleine leads you across the nave and through a large gate on the western wing, leading to the adjacent cloister - a covered stone walkway surrounding a beautiful garden down below. You proceed down the hallway until she stops near a rusty, heavy-looking iron door and retrieves a key from the confines of her robe.

"The Room of Penance is inside. But contrary to what you said, it is no chamber of confinement - merely an isolated place of worship where a nun can pray in absolute silence, rather than chant alongside her sisters. It is a place of reflexion on past sins, so we can walk back out cleansed and focused on our holy tasks," Madeleine attempts to clarify. "Of course, in this case, it is... unlikely that our silent friend entered the room of his own volition."

She opens the door with no small amount of effort, rusty hinges screeching as they're forced to turn. The room behind it is much more spacious than you might have expected - larger than most living quarters you've seen before - but is completely empty, with not even a window to provide light. Clearly, once the iron door is closed, the Room of Penance must fall completely dark and silent... Madeleine referred to it as a place of reflexion, but it definitely gives off a vibe of solitary confinement.

The light that passes through the open door allows you to spot the silent nun, crouched in the corner of the room, shoulders jerking up and down as if he's crying, although he makes no sound at all... You begin to approach him, but after a few steps you collide with something invisible which halts your progress. No matter how hard you try, some sort of shield or barrier is preventing you from getting any closer, while the nun continues to cry in silence...

"As I said, you make a lot of assumptions. I never told you the silent one was a person. Do you begin to understand now?..."

5. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:
    ”Look, I’m here to help yo—”

Hugo was interrupted as he bounced off the invisible field with a loud THUD.

“OW! WHAT THE HELL! I mean uh…wow! That really hurt!” he said rubbing his head injury. They were still in a church after all.

What was going on here? It’s was one thing to not be able to speak, but to make no noise at all while crying? That didn’t seem to make any sense. And what exactly did he just run into? It was almost as if it was some kind of invisible…wall…

Then he heard Madeline’s cryptic explanation. She wasn’t hiding a man after all. She was hiding a Pokemon. Hugo looked back at Madeline who was barely visible in the darkness of the chamber. Even so, it was still like trying to gauge the reaction of a lampshade, her face still completely obscured.

“I see now what you mean about assuming,” he said to the nun, “but our friend here, we need him to cooperate if we’re going to help him.”

He turned his attention to the “nun” is disguise.

“Hello there. I uh… my name… is Hugo. I know that you aren’t what you’re pretending to be, but I’m not here to punish you. I want to help you.”

Hugo reached out knocked on the invisible barrier, giving the distinct sound of a fist on glass.

“I know you’re afraid, but this wall that you’ve built..”

Hugo was aware of the poetic and literal connotations of that last statement,

“..but this wall that you’ve built will need to come down. Let’s work this out.”

6. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

You seem to finally realize what is really going on. This silent nun is not even human to begin with - it mus be a Pokemon, and one with strange powers at that. You soon come to terms with the fact that you're only going to get close to the sobbing creature if he lets you, and as a result, all you can do is try to reason with him and convince him to dissolve the barrier.

For a moment, nothing happens, but just when you're about to give up hope, you notice the nun has stopped moving altogether. It seems to have stopped crying... and when you reach for the invisible glass again, your hand touches nothing. The barrier is gone...

You take this as a sign to approach and try to work things out, so you begin walking up to the nun. However, the closer you get, the more you notice a heavy pink mist begin to flood the area. In a matter of seconds, the whole Room of Penance is filled with a thick Misty Terrain, but you continue undeterred. You drop to one knee and touch the silent nun's shoulder... only to see the white robes fall to the floor, empty, the creature nowhere in sight. A Substitute?...

"He fled... somehow, he got away. But he left the garments behind... Heavens, this is a disaster!"

Madeleine walks back out of the room, and seems to catch a glimpse of the runaway nun. However, her tone is less than pleased when she tells you where he has fled to.

"Hugo, he..." her voice is shaky, scared, nothing like the soothing tone she used when the two of you first met. "He fled into the Archives. If he's found... if he damages the scrolls..."

The Mother Superior takes a deep breath and turns her back to you, before walking down the rest of the walkway on her own, leaving you with one final, determined remark.

"I appreciate your help. But non-believers are not permitted to enter the Holy Archives of the High Priestess's Cathedral, let alone lay eyes on the documents housed within, under any circumstance. It would be the gravest of sins... I will pursue him on my own. It's my duty to fix this."

With that, she hastily walks away after the runaway nun, disappearing behind a small, unassuming door at the far end of the corridor. You're left alone to ponder on these developments, and it seems you now have a difficult decision to make...

7. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:

What to do, what to do. Hugo’s mind races searching for a solution. He knows that Madeline is in over her head…then again, so was Hugo…but he felt that if he could help, he should. The nuns, however, did not seem to take kindly to outsiders. Without Madeline’s supervision, there would be little preventing them from accosting him. Likely without mercy.

Then he saw the abandoned vestments on the floor. Hugo sighed heavily. There was no real choice and he knew it. He pulled the garments over his face and body. It fit slightly too small, but it would work. He turned and put his hand to the door to leave, but paused. Perhaps now was the time to call in backup.

Hugo reached beneath the heavy white robe and pulled out a Pokeball, releasing the creature into the room. The air of the chamber spiked with sudden chill and Hugo felt an urge of uneasiness wash over him. His chosen partner floated in front of him silently, investigating the room with its despondent blood red eyes. It was Yamask.

“Yamask, I—” said Hugo, but upon noticing him Yamask sharply recoiled, his eyes showing uncertainty and fear. Hugo could see the sparks building in its outstretched palms; it was preparing for Shock Wave.

“WAIT! WAIT! DON’T! IT’S ME! IT’S HUGO! LOOK!”

Yamask stopped and eyed the white figure suspiciously. Hugo pulled the heavy white veil from his face The sparks from Yamask’s hands dissipated.

“I know, I look ridiculous, but trust me, I’m not doing this because of the fashion. I need your help. I need you follow me and watch my back. Stay in the shadows. If something seems off, step in. Got it?”

The Spirit Pokemon remained motionless. “Okay, great,” said Hugo. He opened the not-so-subtle door and headed out, Yamask in tow.

8. Enigmatic Professor

Enigmatic Professor Balance, its a progress

Blog Posts:
    You started walking down the corridor with the trainer's voices, and as you walked farther into this cave, the cubone made no difference in his crying, in fact, he slowed down a little.

The trainers you heard the sound very close, as you walked closer you could hear snippets of the conversation the two? Maybe three where having.
    " Why did you do that huh you numskull?!?! It was Her Cubone and Zorua that we need, and you collapsed the cavern on them." A woman's voice said, and soon there was a thwack and another voice, this one sounded like a male, said "Ouch, watch it you old hag, that hurt"

As soon as you turned around the corner you saw them, A woman in what looked to be like a ripped up dress, and a man in jeans and a t-shirt. Strange you thought because that dress looked to have claw marks and burns and other signs of a pokemon attack... what had happened to her?

The man's hair was blue and hers was magenta, and the two noticed you approaching them, they stopped talking and smiled at you, Blue hair looked at the cubone in Ares' arms with... excitement? but it quickly vanished. Magenta head, on the other hand, swooned at the sight of you, and in an overly dramatically high voice said:
    " Oh HI there, fancy meeting another trainer like you so far down into the caverns like Us eh? My name's Mayvis and my partner here is Matthew, we got lost down here, as this is a dead end" Mayvis swept her hand behind her and showed the said blockage behind the two.

Something just wasn't right about them you thought, but as you do not see any pokemon out, nor know what they plan to do yet, you play along, waiting for a chance to attack, or leave.

What will you say? What will you do?

Meanwhile back in the magma-filled cavern, the zorua appeared at the end of the pass, on the hardened magma near the next cavern entrance and disappeared down the only corridor there.

9. TheKnightsFury

Blog Posts:

It seemed his first choice was the right one, although the Cubone didn't stop crying. Overhearing the conversation, there was no doubt in Jayson's mind that these pair of strange looking people were Pokemon Thieves. He'd crossed paths with plenty of their kind before and they were all the same, scum of the earth. From their conversation Jayson gathered that the Cubone and Zorua were actually someone else's Pokemon and these two had collapsed a tunnel on them. As the female thief tried to talk to him, Jayson simply laughed.

"Don't try and use your silver tongue to get yourself out of this situation. Jayson motioned for Ares and Gjoll to stay behind him, they would block the pair's escape. Retrieving a Dusk Ball from his belt, Jayson released Fenrir from his ball. The Dusk Lycanroc stretched himself out, before growling at the pair of would be thieves. He could sense Jayson's growing rage and was more than happy to mirror it. Genghis jumped out of Ares' arms to stand beside the Lycanroc, eager to fight alongside him. "You'll tell me where to find the Cubone's trainer or Fenrir here will do more than tear up your clothes." There was a fair chance the pair had Pokemon of their own to defend themselves with, and part of him hoped that was the case. Once he got what he needed from these two, he'd have to locate the Zorua again. He'd been wrong to attack it and its trainer was probably missing it, he had to right his wrong.

10. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

Despite Madeleine's warnings, you decide to go through with this. Once she leaves you behind in the Room of Penance, you quickly devise a way to chase the silent nun and the Mother Superior into the Holy Archives, where entry is strictly forbidden to outsiders. To that extent, you decide to don the robes left behind by the mysterious creature you're after, effectively disguising yourself as one of the High Priestess's Cathedral's nuns - so accurately, in fact, that even your own companion Yamask has trouble recognizing you at first.

The veil gives you some confidence, but you are about to enter forbidden grounds. If your cover is blown, it won't just be your problem - you'll also jeopardize Madeleine's position as well as the safety of the one she allowed inside the Cathedral. Is this really the right course of action? Should you just do as the Mother Superior says and let her handle this?

Your phantom partner vanishes from sight, but you know he's near, moving around in the shadows like a silent, invisible guardian. But You don't know the sacred powers at work inside this Cathedral - is a ghost powerful wnogh to protect you from holy wrath? As you ponder on these matters, you move down the walkway as naturally as you can, although thankfully you do not run into any other nuns. After a while, you reach the door Madeleine walked into, at the far end of the corridor. A heavy-looking door, albeit made of wood, with delicate carvings of the Creation Trio on the surface, withstanding the test of time admirably. Above the door is a sign, a stone tablet that reads "Cherish and Protect the Memories of this World".

You place your hand on the handle, but it won't budge. Naturally, if the Holy Archives spread beyond this door, it is only natural it would be locked. Obviously Madeleine has a key, as Mother Superior of the Cathedral, but you do not. Somehow, the one you're chasing made it inside, but you seem to be stumped. How will you get inside without alerting others to the fact you're breaking into possibly the most sacred room in the Arcane Realm?

11. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:

Hugo yanked on the handle of the large door to try and force it open, but to no avail. It would not budge, and the longer he continued this performance the more obvious it would become that he was not who he was pretending to be.

Hugo examined the inscription on the door. “Cherish and Protect the Memories of this World.” Kind of an ominous message. Cherish and protect the memories of this world. Protect them against what? And why are we protecting the memories? What’s so problematic about the present or the future? The lore of the creation trio seemed like they very keen to destroy the world at a whim. Hugo found this very disconcerting.

Nevertheless, the door refused to give and Hugo did not want to continue to draw attention to himself. He couldn’t see Yamask, the Spirit Pokemon having done exactly what Hugo had asked by blending into the shadows. But Hugo knew he was nearby somewhere.

“We need to get in here,” Hugo said under his breath, in a barely audible whisper. “I can’t get it to open. It must be locked…or something must be keeping it shut. The longer we wait, the more likely it is that we get caught. I need your help, Yamask.”

Hugo again pulled on the door handle. It wouldn’t move.

“Yamask,” said Hugo beneath the heavy veil, “wherever you are, I want you to use Psychic. Try and disassemble the lock and pull the door open. If that’s not what’s keeping this closed then….then maybe you can overpower whatever is.”

12. Enigmatic Professor

Blog Posts:

Mayvis sighed very loudly. "Ughhh. As handsome as you are, you are very annoying. You could've just saved yourself all the trouble and ran away when you had the chance. NOW, prepare to be crushed like a bug."
    Both Mayvis and Matthew drew pokeballs from who knows where and tossed them, The pokemon that came out did and yet didn't. The pokemon colors matched their respective hair colors.
    Mayvis sent out a West sea Gastradon, while Matthew sent out a Swampert.

The Swampert had a mega stone on one of its horn/fins. And you saw the matching mega ring on Matthew's wrist.
    "Mega Evolve!"

Of course, it was mega evolution.
    You started formulating plans of what attacks to use when a shadowy movement caught your eye from above. You looked up, and sure enough, there was the Zorua you saw earlier, but now he came back with a woman.
    This woman had midnight black hair with feathers woven into the braids and wore shorts and a tank top tee shirt. She looked to be about your height and was probably Native American. She had a Pokeball clutched in her hand, and in the blink of an eye she threw it down. This Pokemon that came out of it was an Alolan Meowth.
    "Solembum use Pay Ball!" the woman called out.
    Pay ball? That sounded like a combo move, maybe Shadow ball and Pay Day? Well whatever it was, it worked, the cavern exploded with dust, and in confusion, the woman jumped down and ran to you speaking a few short words.

" You, Follow me, Now."
    Man did she sound pissed, but was it you, probably, but also it could be the freak show duo over there.
    She started to run back the way you came, the Zorua following with the Alolan Meowth, the Cubone too.
    Wait what!?!
    During the confusion, the Cubone slipped out of Ares' arms and followed this woman who was supposedly their trainer.

What do you do? Do you stay and Fight? or do you follow this Woman?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  13. TheKnightsFury

Blog Posts:
    Jayson gulped as Mayvis and Matthew sent out their Pokemon to match his. Except they didn't just match his they countered the hell out of them. Two Water and Ground types?! This was a complete stitch up! Things only got worse as Matthew reveal the ability to Mega Evolve his swampert, turning the already formidable swampert into a gym junkie Mega Swampert. At this point Jayson figured they'd maybe last a couple of seconds? He was certainly regretting choosing to bring only Rock types on this adventure.

Thankfully the battle was interrupted by a stranger, the Zorua had led the mysterious woman back here. She released an Alolan Meowth from a Pokeball, the feline was then ordered to use a strange combo move, but thankfully it provided enough cover for them to escape. The woman snapped at him, he didn't really think it was fair. Yeah he might have just picked a fight he couldn't handle, but he'd also helped her Pokemon. Speaking of which, the Cubone had broken free of Ares' grip and was now running after the woman. "Guess that leg is better huh?" Jayson smirked as he shot off in pursuit of the woman. "Fenrir block up the tunnel behind us with a Rock Tomb", it likely wouldn't keep the pair occupied for long but it would hopefully given him some time to find out what exactly was going on here. As he ran down the tunnel after the woman, he shouted out to her. "Who exactly are you? Also why are those thieves so eager to steal your Pokemon?"

14. Enigmatic Professor

Blog Posts:

The woman sent you a glare but spoke anyway.
    "My name is Krelia, shortened. No one has been able to properly pronounce my full name. I am a sorceress, and they are eager to kidnap these two little ones to make me stop hiding what I am protecting."
    As she ran, the zorua picked up the cubone and let him ride on his back as they ran. The Meowth, Solembum was nowhere to be seen, However, Krelia tucked a Pokeball back into her vest.

If the zorua and cubone where hers, why hadn't she recalled them? But then again, she didn't outright claim them as hers. As if reading your mind, or rather your face as you both run, She spoke again.
    "Those are not my pokemon. They are babies who found me in this cave about a month ago, Both had been abandoned by their trainers. The Cubone because of his lame leg, and the Zorua because of his telepathy."

Krelia led you down back to the corridor where you started out and ran into the wall between the middle and right caverns. You slowed to a stop, Not entirely surprised, as after all this was a land of magick.
    But now that you had some more room to fight in, you are faced with a hard choice. Should you battle the two thieves who are undoubtedly following you two? Or do you follow Krelia into the illusion?
    As you stopped, the little zorua stopped with you, and for the first time since you saw him, the little pokemon looked at you with a very hardened stare.
    "Well? Are you coming or not? Those two haven't figured out the illusions yet, and if we stand around longer, they soon will."
    The Zorua, he spoke with a surprisingly musical telepathic voice.

Krelia stuck her head out from the wall and spoke too,
    " We do not have much time, are you coming or not?"

What will you choose to do?

15. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

Yamask does not make a sound, but you know the phantom is at work. Silently, he phases through the wall and rematerializes on the other side; soon, you hear the faint sound of metal sliding on metal, and the door opens. As it turns out, the lock was a simple one, a large rusty iron hook attached to an equally rusty hoop, and all it took was a gentle Psychic push to lift the former, separating the two.

*Yamask gained 2 Levels!*

Cautiously, you make your way inside. Beyond the door is a long, linear corridor, much darker and less spacious than the walkway that led you here, with candles burning along both walls. You close the door again behind you, to make sure you aren’t followed. As you keep walking, each step echoes loudly across the otherwise silent tunnel, despite your best efforts not to make too much noise; the corridor seems to go on for quite a while, until eventually you reach an opening on the far wall. What lies beyond is simply astounding.

Bookshelves upon bookshelves of priceless, no doubt unique scrolls from ages long past are spread across a gigantic hall; in between these shelves are pedestals, upon which relics of incalculable worth rest, surrounded by simple glass cases. You begin to understand the meaning of the sign you read earlier: The Holy Archives do indeed serve to “cherish and protect the memories of this world”.

Or rather… something else seems to be tasked with actually protecting these memories. A low-pitched growl resonates across the main hall of the Holy Archives, coming from the very center of the room. Snoring?…

You walk through the maze of bookshelves and pedestals towards the middle, in search of the source of the noise… only to discover that the growling turns to a loud, terrifying roar once you finally reach the center of the hall! Iridescent blue-green scales and white feathers fill your field of view, as a massive Drampa awakens from what seems to have been a short-lived slumber. This is no doubt the guardian of the Archives, and despite your disguise, he grows violent at the foreign scent you emanate – either that or the creature, raised by holy nuns, can somehow sense your true intentions. Either way, he knows you’re trespassing, and lunges at you without further provocation!

Quick, what do you do?!

16. TheKnightsFury

Blog Posts:

As they fled from the pair of thieves, their saviour Krelia offered a quick explanation of the situation. The Cubone and Zorua had both been abandoned. The Cubone's lame leg had apparently been the reason for its dismissal, which made Jayson quite angry. A Pokemon like that needed to be supported, there were ways around such an injury, he believed that anything could be overcome with the right type of training. Apparently the Zorua had been cast away due to its telepathic abilities, which confused him. Telepathic communication wasn't foreign to him, Valka and himself had developed Telepathic bonds with a number of their Pokemon. Perhaps the Zorua had been misusing its abilities? Using its telepathy to play nasty pranks on its trainer? A Zorua misbehaving certainly wouldn't surprise him. Krelia had led them back to a familiar part of the tunnel system, but instead of choosing to head down one of the tunnels, the strange woman ran flat strap through the wall between them!

"What the shuckle?!" Jayson slammed on the breaks. Was this another of the Zorua's illusions? It seemed so as the Dark typed fox began to commune with him telepathically, his voice strangely musical unlike Sigurd's who he was used to hearing.

"Of course I'm going through the wall. It doesn't take a genius to work out a team of Rock type Pokemon are going to get wrecked by a pair of Water/Grounds!" Jayson recalled Gjoll and Ares, their size would slow them down. Genghis climbed onto Fenrir's back, grasping onto the Dusk Lycanroc's white fur. Jayson gave his canine companion a reassuring nod, Fenrir would trust his judgement. Jayson dashed towards the wall, he was confident that the Zorua wasn't messing with him, even if it was still holding a grudge from when he'd tried to attack it before.

17. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:

Panicked, Hugo stumbled backward and tripped over his own feet, falling to the ground as the Drampa surged toward him. He saw his somewhat brief, somewhat unfulfilling life flash before his eyes. This is how you die? In a cave in a church? Wearing a nun costume? They probably won’t even report you dead. They’ll cover it up. That is…if they find you at all. The Drampa may see that that doesn’t happen. And you don’t even have a chance to send out another Pokemon since you fell on your ass. And what will happen to them? Are you not only responsible for your own death but for the death of all your partners? What a travesty. Way to go, moron.

Wait, snap out of it. Quick. You’re not dead yet, but you’re about to be. Do something! Anything! There has to be someone who can he—

“YAMASK!” Hugo shouted to his Pokemon. Yamask was special to Hugo. He had been abandoned by it’s previous trainer when Hugo took him in. Hugo was well-versed in the mythos that surrounded Yamask and their origin, and it greatly affected Hugo. Ever since, he and Yamask shared an odd but special bond and he knew he could count on the Spirit Pokemon. He couldn’t remember where he last saw the Yamask, but he knew he was lurking in the darkness somewhere. Close by, Hugo hoped.

“YAMASK! HELP! PLEASE! USE PROTECT! PLEASE!” He was literally pleading for his life. “PLEASE HELP! STUN THE DRAMPA WITH ZEN HEADBUTT! HIT IT WITH SHOCK WAVE!”

Time was up. Hugo braced himself and tried to quickly make his peace with the Universe.

18. Maskerade

Maskerade Member

Blog Posts:
    King Ghidorah:

In the face of impending death, you end up doing the only thing you can realistically do - fight back in any way you can before you're eaten alive.

Yamask, mercifully, is quick to comply with your instructions. A split-second before Drampa's open maw envelops your head, an emerald shield is raised between you and the dragon, causing the beast to slam against the magic wall and stumble back, clearly stunned. Through the corner of your eye you see a violet bullet pass you by, as the ghost rams its whole energy-covered body into the much larger enemy's, capitalizing on the surprise factor. Drampa doesn't fall, but instead uses Yamask's own strategy when the spirit releases a lightning bolt at it, raising a Protect of its own. The Shock Wave is reflected and flies erratically across the hall, striking one of the pedestals and completely destroying the priceless incense burner that rested upon it...

*Yamask gained 1 Level!*

Drampa's expression changes immediately from angry eater of trespassers to desolate, helpless pet who failed the task it was assigned to by its master. It seems to lose interest in you completely and instead moves over to the ruined incense burner, trying to clumsily put it back together with massive winged arms that were obviously not designed for such a task. Even if they were, you can easily tell the relic can't be restored.

Yamask looks at you expectantly. The beast is distracted, a vulnerable target; should you continue the assault before it changes its mind again, or will you take a different approach?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  19. Enigmatic Professor

Blog Posts:

As you and your pokemon came through the wall, the rest of the illusion broke, the other caverns you had gone down were well, all a part of this big chamber. You could still see the rubble of the collapse from where you encountered the Cubone and Zorua, but it looked like it had glass walls around it.

But you can also see that the Magma pit and other cavern where Mayvis and Matthew were as well. The Rock Tomb your dusk Lyconroc used to trap them was almost all blasted away, and the duo were racing through out the maze of glass walls, which probably to them was cavern walls still.
    The former cavern with heat coming out of it, was a magma pit alright, but as you looked on to it, you realized you could've never flown over it because there was a invisible glass barrier, and it would have been extremely hard to regain balance with out touching the lava pit.

But how did Krelia jump down from above? Your eye's travel back to where she was in the former dead end. Ah! There was a glass landing pad, or walkway over hanging the maze, in fact there was an over hang looking down into all the caverns. Another question popped into your mind, where had the zorua gone to go get her? Soon enough your answer became clear as you ran up a glass staircase with Krelia and the two pokemon following her. Up at the top of the staircase and maze was a true cavern entrance. This is where Krelia and the pokemon where heading.

Meanwhile, Mayvis and Matthew slowed down to a stop outside the main cavern where you ran into the wall.
    You couldn't hear what they were saying, as they glass blocked most of the noise coming in and going out.
    But you saw that they were starting to feel the cavern walls. The zorua was right, they will soon find out about this illusion maze.
    You put on a burst of speed and got up to the top and ran into the cavern.

Inside, there was a HUGE as shuckle battlefield, and Krelia was racing over it to the other end.
    " I Must Stop them here, please join me as I only brought two pokemon with me. After we defeat them I will explain why I had to stop them okay?" Krelia said, puffing as she got to the rectangle marked where trainers had to stand in a fight, at least for a battlefield like this.

Will you join her in the fight?
    What will you do?

20. King Ghidorah!

Blog Posts:
    Hugo’s heart kind of sank a little when he saw the futile attempts the Drampa was making to restore the incense burner. It was just doing it’s job after all.

“Ah, damn,” Hugo said to Yamask. “Didn’t mean to do that. Do you think we should help?”

Yamask are known for having been human in a past life, so Hugo thought perhaps Yamask could offer some human insight or compassion. The Ghost Pokemon stared coldly at Hugo for a few moments, then shrugged his spectral shoulders. Neglecting to make a crucial decision, could there be anything more human?

“Thanks…really appreciate the support,” Hugo responded sarcastically. “But you know…maybe if we do something, the Drampa might want to help us in return, you know? Like a “I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch-mine-but-also-don’t-eat-me” type of situation. That could work, right?”

More shrugging from Yamask.

“Great, glad you’re in agreement.”

Hugo slowly inched closer to the Drampa. Yamask floated nearby, fully expecting to have to leap into action again due to Hugo’s recklessness. This wasn’t exactly new behavior after all. Hugo cleared his throat.

“Look, uh…Drampa…I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean for that to break. I just…you were going to kill me and all. I don’t mean to harm you…or anything in here. I’m just…Madeline brought me here.”

Maybe if he mentioned her, it would help. Probably not.

“You know Madeline, right? That’s why I’m dressed this way. Well, see, I’m trying to help her. She’s got this friend here who really needs some help..so I’m like…I’m helping both of them. And now I want to help you! Maybe if I…you know…maybe we can do something about the incense burner. I don’t want you to get in trouble. Maybe I can help you out? Oh, I’m Hugo, by the way.”

Hugo looked to Yamask for reassurance. Yet he received Only shrugging.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.