The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
59
Reaction score
0


Lit

Kadabra's ears drooped seeing you juggle, it was clumsy, but certainly better than his attempts. The magician seemed frustrated, knowing you had made a fool out of not only his Pokemon, but you had also basically mocked how he had taught his Pokemon! He scowled, pointing towards the Kadabra with anger in his eyes.

"Continue practicing while I handle this..." He grunted, looking down, "...Ruffian." The word rolled off his tongue with disdain as he glanced at the small rock bunny you had sent out. His Braixen hardly had a chance to react before it found itself being smacked down by a rather hard rock, causing it to shack it's head vigorously.

"Braaa..." It groaned, holding it's head in it's paws. You noticed that the once sparse crowd had gradually begun to grow, many people gathering around to watch your fight. There were small murmurs to be heard from each of them, friends seemingly talking about the battle.

"Woah, you don't think the Marvelous Melvin will lose this... do you?" Asked one man, his eyes aflame with wonder as he watched the battle unfold. The magician grew flustered, his face turned up in a flushed snarl as he pointed at your Carbink.

"Braxien! Show off your Psychic Terrain, and then hit that little beast with a Psychic attack!" The Braixen did as commanded, lazy eyes fixated on you as it pointed it's stick at the ground and caused strange pink mist to swirl around Carrot and itself. While Carrot was fixated on the mist, it pointed the stick at it, blasting Psychic towards the small Carbink.

It seems as though both Pokemon are on equal footing at the moment...
what do you do?


Leo got some enjoyment out of the magician's anger. He was a prick, treating his Pokemon that way, and needed to be taught a lesson. Sure he was mischievous, but if someone truly deserved to be punished, then Leo had no qualms in what he had to do in order to act out that humiliation. That was part of Team Skull's ideals, ground those who were acting all high and mighty.

It also seemed that he had attracted a bigger crowd as well, considering that there were now people uttering to themselves about the battle. It would only make victory all the more sweeter. That in itself was a reward. Leo wanted to punch this guy in the face, but this was a much better way to humiliate him.

"Ruffian? Aw, thank you. At least I'm not trash," Leo responded in a sweet, charming voice to the insult. "And I'll show you what it means when you insult a friend. Your Kadabra is trying its hardest for your approval, but a trainer like you only sees Pokemon as tools!"

Leo then clenched his fist, trying to not let his anger get the best of him. Stomping on the ground, Leo looked at Carrot and the Braixen. Seemed he was going with a Psychic assault. That was fine, only option he really had at this point.

"Alright Carrot, let's have some fun. Give that Braixen a good Smack Down! Then while its reeling from that give it a Rock Throw straight to the face," Leo ordered, determined to show up this jester in a magician's cloak.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
XVII. Desert of Stars - A small, arid desert at the northern tip of the Land of Cups, the Desert of Stars is named for the various meteorites found within this region. While more a dry, mountainous desert than a sandy one, sandstorms are still a common occurance here. Though, despite these conditions, explorers and treasure hunters flock to this region for the meteorites found here, and the rare Pokemon attracted to them. Some have even stated they’ve had some otherworldly experiences here.
Two there were, and two it had been, for almost as long as they could remember. This was a particularly odd duo indeed---one stood on two legs, dressed in simple traveling attire. His frayed traveling cloak and scuffed boots barely stirred the dust as they plodded along. The other, a four-legged beast in shaggy white hair soundlessly moved along beside him, long, graceful strides treading the well-worn path. An azure gem adorned it's forehead---a long horn on the left side of it's face arched toward the sky. Their relationship was not that of a trainer and his servant, per se, but rather as partners sharing a common goal. As such, there was no need for the beast to remain inside its Poke ball. Zain brushed his long black hair to breathe in a fresh, liberating breath of hair, a beatific grin on his face. The energy coursing through this land was almost tangible in the air. Zain had read stories of this land---who hadn't? He'd dreamed of visiting one day---and when he'd been giving the chance to travel there and be one of the first to uncover the mysteries of this changed, reawakened land. He'd traveled there will all haste, and had just begun to trek south towards the heartland of the realm. He'd had a hard time believing that he'd be able to visit this new land, untouched by humanity---to push the knowledge of our kind and to discover every secret the world had to offer. Yes, he thought. This is the frontier of our discovery. He stroked Lucifer on his back as he reflected on their goals---that faithful Pokemon had brought him so much. As they came over a rise he saw the Land of Cups laid out before him---the mountains, lakes, and arid frontier before him. He instinctively pulled a notebook, which he had already filled with sketches of locations and Pokemon out of a satchel and began to sketch his surroundings, deep in awe and thought---but as he did so Lucifer let out, a low, long howl---a distressed, sorrowful lament...

This is my zone intro---let the RP commence! Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
3

Zorchic- Heath seems delighted when you accept his offer. Lucario seems a bit anxious about going underwater, but thankfully Heath explains that it won't be necessary. "Under the water? Maybe you are crazy", he laughs, "we'll have our work cut out for us dealing with the Lake's Pokemon on the surface, we'd get torn apart if we went diving. I've got a couple of stand up boards that we can use to travel on top of the water, they're small enough they won't draw too much attention, yet big enough that we can fit on them with a Pokemon or two. I've got them down by the lake ready to go, follow me." You follow Heath as he leads you through the trees, back towards the lake. "Now the key to this will be to not pick any fights that we don't have to, that has never been Chace's strong suit. The King normally resides right in the middle of the lake, so the paddle out will be long, we'll have to pace ourselves."

As you reach the shore, you notice the paddle boards are leaning up against a large rock. Heath steps over a couple of smaller ones to reach the boards. He carefully passes one over to you. The board has a fair bit of weight in it, but Lucario gives you a hand as you put it down by the waters edge. As Heath picks up his board, something appears out of nowhere, sending him flying backwards. The rock rises from its resting place, revealing itself to actually be a Pokemon!

"A bloody Barbaracle!" Heath snarls. As he does so, two of the surrounding rocks also come to life, two Binacle! "It seems we've been ambushed already Jake, I don't know whether we'll be able to get away from this one without a fight, what do you think?" Heath's Heliolisk stands at the ready, while the trainer pulls another ball from his belt, ready to call on an ally if you think a fight is the way to go.



Maskerade- "Scythers ya say?" Mace doesn't seemed as surprised as he is confused. "Plenty of them round deez parts but they tend ta stick to their sparrin grounds in the forest. Sometin musta forced them out, I spose the only way ta get rida them would be ta get rida whatever forced them out. Probably worser since its their matin season and all." So, it seemed that the Scyther normally stick to their sparring grounds in the nearby forest, but something must have forced them out. Scyther were normally pretty territorial and fearless, whatever had the strength to push them from their home must have been powerful......

You get the feeling you're being watched. As the hairs on the back of your neck rise, you spin around in an attempt to spot your admirer. The crop rustles as something rushes back in. Watching the Cornn berries sway, you can see whatever it was is making a beeline for the forest on the far side of the property. Was it connected to whatever forced out the Scyther? "Youngin I don't spose you could go check out the forest? If you coulds find a way to get them Scyther home, it fix all ma problems." You'd discovered what was destroying the crops, but were you really required to get rid of them? Mace expected you to search the forest and clear out whatever was strong enough to force out the Scyther, were you really up to that task? You could disappear into the forest and never see the farmers again, no harm, no foul, right?


Meetan- Sera is relieved when you accept her offer. She releases her Lopunny from a Luxury Ball, the rabbit is already full of energy and proceeds to bounce all over the place. Sera retreats into the canopy covered back of the cart to have a rest, leaving you to attempt to free Bambi from his harness. Placing Hatenna down on the seat for a moment, you struggle with the knots and buckles, doing your best to relieve Bambi of his restraints. The Sawsbuck seems to take amusement from your struggles, but eventually you're successful and the mighty stag is freed. Trotting away from the cart, he begins to munch on some grass under the shade of a tree, allowing you a moment to remember what it was you were meant to be doing. You had to wear out and brush Lola, take Bambi for a walk to find some water and..... what was the last thing? Oh! Watch Hatenna! You turn to look for the little pink and blue Galarian native, only to find her seat vacant! Where had she gone?! You frantically begin to search around the cart, making sure not to make too much noise, there was no need to disturb Sera at this point.

After a few moments of panic, you eventually spot the little Psychic type, curled up and shaking behind one of the carts wheels. As you reach out to pick her up, she rushes out of reach. It seems you'll have to think of another way to coax her out. That wasn't your only issue though, Bambi was looking around, as if he was ready to go off on his own, while Lola was looking anxious, she needed someone to play with, now!
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Meetan- Sera is relieved when you accept her offer. She releases her Lopunny from a Luxury Ball, the rabbit is already full of energy and proceeds to bounce all over the place. Sera retreats into the canopy covered back of the cart to have a rest, leaving you to attempt to free Bambi from his harness. Placing Hatenna down on the seat for a moment, you struggle with the knots and buckles, doing your best to relieve Bambi of his restraints. The Sawsbuck seems to take amusement from your struggles, but eventually you're successful and the mighty stag is freed. Trotting away from the cart, he begins to munch on some grass under the shade of a tree, allowing you a moment to remember what it was you were meant to be doing. You had to wear out and brush Lola, take Bambi for a walk to find some water and..... what was the last thing? Oh! Watch Hatenna! You turn to look for the little pink and blue Galarian native, only to find her seat vacant! Where had she gone?! You frantically begin to search around the cart, making sure not to make too much noise, there was no need to disturb Sera at this point.

After a few moments of panic, you eventually spot the little Psychic type, curled up and shaking behind one of the carts wheels. As you reach out to pick her up, she rushes out of reach. It seems you'll have to think of another way to coax her out. That wasn't your only issue though, Bambi was looking around, as if he was ready to go off on his own, while Lola was looking anxious, she needed someone to play with, now!
It took Alice a bit longer than she was proud of to release Bambi of his harness, but she wasn't too embarrassed about it. "I'm so sorry, I even have friends who laugh at me for how much of a child I can be. Give me a complicated task and away I'll go, but god forbid I have to do anything simple." She mused. When the restraints finally came off, Alice let out an unrestrained cheer, patting the Sawsbuck on the side. Turning with the wandering stag, she once again noticed Lopunny, who seemed to be limitless in her energy, but there was one more. Oh, shit, where was the Hatenna?

"Oh, fuck!" The idol hissed, blue eyes darting about to try and spot the little thing. If she'd lost that psychic bundle, scared and alone on a road where poachers roamed, that'd be damn shameful. Rescuing Fiona was not going to excuse her or make her feel better about this nonsense. Thankfully, though, the Hatenna hadn't gone far. However, she was a shy as Sera had expressed. "Alright, let's do this..." Damn, impatient crowd. "Eridian, escort the Sawsbuck, Bambi, on a walk, will you? Blaze, go and work out and play with Sera!" Alice ordered, releasing her dark Bagon and bright Combusken, thinking the duo would be matched well enough. It wasn't like Eridian was unfriendly, after all, and the two seemed like quiet and polite souls who would be good together. "Mimi, will you come and talk to this Hatenna? Maybe dance and play a bit if she's up for it? Hiding under the cart is dangerous." She explained to her third Pokemon, a sparkling little Mime Jr. The three of them had their tasks assigned, now it was just hoping that they pulled off what they needed to do!
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Zain: Like many people in Fizzytopia and beyond, you had heard the stories of the Land of Cups. The arid desert didn't look like much to behold, but fairy tales and horror stories originated here, along with tales of adventure and conspiracy theories linked to the meteorites that are scattered throughout the starlit land. You've had plenty of time to think of what you would do when you got here, but now that you have, you can take in the fresh air and all of the scenery with it. As boring as the desert looks (and who knows, looks can be deceiving...), the rolling hills and mountain ranges beyond are like jewels to the eye. Truly, it's amazing how much the ecosystem varies here, and it's a jewel to behold.

You sit down to put it all into your notebook so that you have it all forever: an insight to your fresh, first impression that you can treasure for years to come. Of course, you aren't alone, your trusted guardian sitting at your side and drinking in the view as well. Of course, you're no stranger to the dark type's deep potential, of how it was he came to save you twice in your life, and it looks like his sense of the supernatural is warning you again. A sorrowful lament makes you jump and pulls your attention up from the page, and at first your gaze looks to the Pokemon in surprise and confusion. Sure enough, you can tell that something's off, and then you realise that the pounding of relentless thunder is beating your ears, like a nearing march. The sky is clear, but it doesn't take long to realise the source.

A whole herd of Rhyhorn and Rhydon – or perhaps even a multitude of them – are stampeding across the desert. That's pretty cool to see, and you're at a safe distance, which means they're probably no threat to you. Probably. But it's curious timing, that's for sure. You could follow them if your feet are fast enough, or if you have the patience to track the countless hoof holes they'll be leaving behind, and maybe try to catch one of the easier pickings. Or you could go and investigate what managed to spook the resident Rhys of the eastern desert. Of course, you're part way through a pretty piece of artwork, and one that would be a real gem to keep, so maybe you should finish it first? Those Rhyhorn wouldn't be hard to track, even if their trigger might already be moving on. What do you do?
 
An illusion that didn't work out
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
236
Reaction score
50
Zorchic- Heath seems delighted when you accept his offer. Lucario seems a bit anxious about going underwater, but thankfully Heath explains that it won't be necessary. "Under the water? Maybe you are crazy", he laughs, "we'll have our work cut out for us dealing with the Lake's Pokemon on the surface, we'd get torn apart if we went diving. I've got a couple of stand up boards that we can use to travel on top of the water, they're small enough they won't draw too much attention, yet big enough that we can fit on them with a Pokemon or two. I've got them down by the lake ready to go, follow me." You follow Heath as he leads you through the trees, back towards the lake. "Now the key to this will be to not pick any fights that we don't have to, that has never been Chace's strong suit. The King normally resides right in the middle of the lake, so the paddle out will be long, we'll have to pace ourselves."

As you reach the shore, you notice the paddle boards are leaning up against a large rock. Heath steps over a couple of smaller ones to reach the boards. He carefully passes one over to you. The board has a fair bit of weight in it, but Lucario gives you a hand as you put it down by the waters edge. As Heath picks up his board, something appears out of nowhere, sending him flying backwards. The rock rises from its resting place, revealing itself to actually be a Pokemon!

"A bloody Barbaracle!" Heath snarls. As he does so, two of the surrounding rocks also come to life, two Binacle! "It seems we've been ambushed already Jake, I don't know whether we'll be able to get away from this one without a fight, what do you think?" Heath's Heliolisk stands at the ready, while the trainer pulls another ball from his belt, ready to call on an ally if you think a fight is the way to go.
Heath kindly offered Jake to go to the water's edge and pick up some paddle boards. The boards would let them travel on top of the water.

But when the two trainers went to pick up their boards, a Barbaracle and two Binacle rose out of the rocks. Sure enough, they looked aggressive, driven by the full moon, it seemed.

Jake reached in his pocket and whipped out his Pokédex in one swift motion. He immediately scanned the Pokémon that were in front of him.


Binacle, the Two-Handed Pokémon. A Rock- and Water-type. After two Binacle find a suitably sized rock, they adhere themselves to it and live together. They cooperate to gather food during high tide.

Barbaracle, the Collective Pokémon and the evolved form of Binacle. A Rock- and Water-type. Seven Binacle come together to form one Barbaracle. The Binacle that serves as the head gives orders to those serving as the limbs.

"Those sure look intimidating," said Jake, putting away his Pokédex. "But with Frillish, I don't think a fight will be necessary. Although I still don't quite trust him..." he added suspiciously, looking at Frillish. "In any case, Lucario, immobilize the Binacle and Barbaracle with Psychic," he commanded. "Frillish, use Confuse Ray to incapacitate those Pokémon. Buizel, kick up some dirt by using Sonic Boom on the ground to obscure their vision. Then, let's head out onto the water and make a quick escape!" Jake grabbed his board and prepared to run onto the water, after each of his Pokémon did their thing. Jake motioned for Heath to get ready to do the same.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
447
Reaction score
13
Maskerade- "Scythers ya say?" Mace doesn't seemed as surprised as he is confused. "Plenty of them round deez parts but they tend ta stick to their sparrin grounds in the forest. Sometin musta forced them out, I spose the only way ta get rida them would be ta get rida whatever forced them out. Probably worser since its their matin season and all." So, it seemed that the Scyther normally stick to their sparring grounds in the nearby forest, but something must have forced them out. Scyther were normally pretty territorial and fearless, whatever had the strength to push them from their home must have been powerful......

You get the feeling you're being watched. As the hairs on the back of your neck rise, you spin around in an attempt to spot your admirer. The crop rustles as something rushes back in. Watching the Cornn berries sway, you can see whatever it was is making a beeline for the forest on the far side of the property. Was it connected to whatever forced out the Scyther? "Youngin I don't spose you could go check out the forest? If you coulds find a way to get them Scyther home, it fix all ma problems." You'd discovered what was destroying the crops, but were you really required to get rid of them? Mace expected you to search the forest and clear out whatever was strong enough to force out the Scyther, were you really up to that task? You could disappear into the forest and never see the farmers again, no harm, no foul, right?

This is getting interesting...

Ark was relieved to see Mace wasn’t obsessed with exterminating the plague, and was instead rather accustomed to living somewhat close to the Scyther – it was an odd change in behavior that drove them here, the source of which resided in the nearby forest. Or… did it?
A shiver down his spine told him he was being watched. He wasn’t fast enough to spot the culprit, but he did manage to catch a glimpse of the path it took as it fled back into the forest.

“You know what? At this point, I was gonna look into this even if you didn’t ask.”

It was true – the fact he wasn’t going to have to fight off an entire colony was a relief, even if the one behind it all was as strong as it seemed to be. It changed from a terrifying perspective into a genuinely exciting one!

“Munchlax,” he called out, catching the bear’s attention just as he was attempting to walk away unnoticed. “You saw that too right? Whatever was spying on us went that way,” he pointed. Munchlax nodded, already knowing what was coming next.

“It must have left some scent behind as it brushed the berry stalks, unless that thing’s made of metal… Let’s see if we get lucky twice, can you catch its scent with Odor Sleuth?”

He waved at Mace, assuring the man he’d get the job done. Perhaps he was being overly optimistic, but he was beginning to find a certain appreciation for the rough-around-the-edges farmer – at the very least he was more level-headed then he’d taken him for initially. And he was providing him with an interesting adventure, all things considered!

And I do owe him for that pie, there’s that too…
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
447
Reaction score
13
TheKnightsFury:
Wolfgang stops a step away from the door once you call out to him. Without turning around, he motions for you to follow him inside.

“There,” he signals toward an empty table near the Center’s TM Shop, where he moves to take a seat. “If you’re so insistent to help.”

With Toxtricity and Grookey standing on either side of you, ensuring you can maintain some manner of privacy in your conversation, you listen to what Wolfgang has to say as he speaks in an intentionally low voice.

“You’re quite perceptive. And if I may be honest… I’m grateful you took an interest in this matter. Emmett wasn’t lying about everything – I am a man of certain… appetites, few of them cheap. I am also recently single and poorer than before, for the reasons he so eloquently mentioned. But I am also a professional, and regardless of whether you believe me, an honest man at heart.” His tone is serious, with a hint of sadness, in stark contrast to the air of superiority he displayed at the Plaza. “However, I wasn’t always honest. I’ve struck deals with unsavory people in the past, all of whom I cut ties with overtime. And therein may lie the problem.”

He pulls out a small card with his identification and professional address and hands it to you.

“I wouldn’t be foolish enough to send a caravan full of precious goods passing through the Playground, but yes, that is where I believe it might have ended up. Some of my previous… “associates” reside there, and my suspicion is one of them might have caught wind of this shipment and diverted it, claiming to be acting on my instructions.” He points to the card and silently clears his throat, consciously keeping his voice down. “If anyone did indeed divert the caravan under that false pretense, they might still be carrying one of my cards. They are meant to be simple business cards, but it’s not too far fetched to think it may have been interpreted as some sort of proof of employment. However they managed to do it, my suspicion stands – the caravan must be at the Devil’s Playground.”

Wolfgang gets back to his feet and holds out his hand for a handshake, pulling you closer as you return the gesture and whispering discreetly.

“Find that shipment and you get to keep a share. We’ll say it was lost in the theft. Be careful out there, it’s an unpleasant neighbourhood.”

Well… What now?
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
Zain: Like many people in Fizzytopia and beyond, you had heard the stories of the Land of Cups. The arid desert didn't look like much to behold, but fairy tales and horror stories originated here, along with tales of adventure and conspiracy theories linked to the meteorites that are scattered throughout the starlit land. You've had plenty of time to think of what you would do when you got here, but now that you have, you can take in the fresh air and all of the scenery with it. As boring as the desert looks (and who knows, looks can be deceiving...), the rolling hills and mountain ranges beyond are like jewels to the eye. Truly, it's amazing how much the ecosystem varies here, and it's a jewel to behold.

You sit down to put it all into your notebook so that you have it all forever: an insight to your fresh, first impression that you can treasure for years to come. Of course, you aren't alone, your trusted guardian sitting at your side and drinking in the view as well. Of course, you're no stranger to the dark type's deep potential, of how it was he came to save you twice in your life, and it looks like his sense of the supernatural is warning you again. A sorrowful lament makes you jump and pulls your attention up from the page, and at first your gaze looks to the Pokemon in surprise and confusion. Sure enough, you can tell that something's off, and then you realise that the pounding of relentless thunder is beating your ears, like a nearing march. The sky is clear, but it doesn't take long to realise the source.

A whole herd of Rhyhorn and Rhydon – or perhaps even a multitude of them – are stampeding across the desert. That's pretty cool to see, and you're at a safe distance, which means they're probably no threat to you. Probably. But it's curious timing, that's for sure. You could follow them if your feet are fast enough, or if you have the patience to track the countless hoof holes they'll be leaving behind, and maybe try to catch one of the easier pickings. Or you could go and investigate what managed to spook the resident Rhys of the eastern desert. Of course, you're part way through a pretty piece of artwork, and one that would be a real gem to keep, so maybe you should finish it first? Those Rhyhorn wouldn't be hard to track, even if their trigger might already be moving on. What do you do?
"Curious," Zain muttered under his breath as he observed the gray-colored, frantic Pokemon traversing the desert at a ludicrous speed. That definitely seemed discordant with the quiet, placid nature of the desert. Shame---the artwork would have to wait. He hastily leafed through his notebook, coming to a stop at the end cover, where his Pokedex had been sewn into the leather backing. "It would take quite a fearsome Pokemon to scare of such a herd of Rhys---Pokedex, analyze and give me a list of the natural predators of the Rhyhorn and Rhydon." Zain jogs down to the tracks the Pokemon, still thundering through the desert---left, drawing a hasty outline in his notebook and picking up the pace, gesturing for Lucifer to follow with a few subtle gestures. The two of them hastily followed the Rhyhorn tracks through the dusty desert, thoughts racing all the while. Zain seemed inexorably drawn to investigate whatever preternatural force had spooked these Pokemon. This is my moment to make a new unearth new, ground-breaking secrets---the moment I've been waiting to seize for as long as I can remember, Zain speculated. Maybe he could find answers to the queries that had followed him here---perhaps even his faithful guardian Lucifer could find a lead---after all, he had seemed to have a sense for certain atypical phenomenon. He was still learning more about his companion's potential all the time---and the magical energy the seemed to permeate the air here had seemed to make him react strongly. Letting out a whoop of joy at the thrill of potential discovery, Zain considered how he had always followed and been fueled by the need to slake his thirst for knowledge. This time is no exception, He smiled as he and Lucifer, who's excitement Zain could sense in his mind, raced off into the desert. Well, Zain thought. So the rumors of a land rife with intrigue and magic are true--- I've just barely arrived and something interesting is about to happen. It would seem I'm receiving a taste of excitement and action much sooner than expected.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
3
TheKnightsFury:
Wolfgang stops a step away from the door once you call out to him. Without turning around, he motions for you to follow him inside.

“There,” he signals toward an empty table near the Center’s TM Shop, where he moves to take a seat. “If you’re so insistent to help.”

With Toxtricity and Grookey standing on either side of you, ensuring you can maintain some manner of privacy in your conversation, you listen to what Wolfgang has to say as he speaks in an intentionally low voice.

“You’re quite perceptive. And if I may be honest… I’m grateful you took an interest in this matter. Emmett wasn’t lying about everything – I am a man of certain… appetites, few of them cheap. I am also recently single and poorer than before, for the reasons he so eloquently mentioned. But I am also a professional, and regardless of whether you believe me, an honest man at heart.” His tone is serious, with a hint of sadness, in stark contrast to the air of superiority he displayed at the Plaza. “However, I wasn’t always honest. I’ve struck deals with unsavory people in the past, all of whom I cut ties with overtime. And therein may lie the problem.”

He pulls out a small card with his identification and professional address and hands it to you.

“I wouldn’t be foolish enough to send a caravan full of precious goods passing through the Playground, but yes, that is where I believe it might have ended up. Some of my previous… “associates” reside there, and my suspicion is one of them might have caught wind of this shipment and diverted it, claiming to be acting on my instructions.” He points to the card and silently clears his throat, consciously keeping his voice down. “If anyone did indeed divert the caravan under that false pretense, they might still be carrying one of my cards. They are meant to be simple business cards, but it’s not too far fetched to think it may have been interpreted as some sort of proof of employment. However they managed to do it, my suspicion stands – the caravan must be at the Devil’s Playground.”

Wolfgang gets back to his feet and holds out his hand for a handshake, pulling you closer as you return the gesture and whispering discreetly.

“Find that shipment and you get to keep a share. We’ll say it was lost in the theft. Be careful out there, it’s an unpleasant neighbourhood.”

Well… What now?

Xander knew their was more to Wolfgang. The merchant pulled him to a quiet part of the Pokemon Center and explained to him the situation. It seemed that in the past he'd been involved in some rather shady business dealings and that those dealings were likely responsible for the current situation. Part of his dealings involved a business card of sorts, the thief was likely in possession of one such card. Xander relieved Wolfgang of the card he'd shown him, it might come in handy. The card might help up a few doors in the Devil's Playground, maybe open up a lead or two. Wolfgang was happy to accept the under the table deal as well. He'd receive a bigger reward for his efforts and they'd tell the other merchants the goods were lost. Two winners and a handful of losers.

"We can handle ourselves, we'll find the goods and let you know when we've got them, I don't suppose there is an easy way for me to contact you?" Xander begun to ruffle through his bag, which was surprisingly deep despite its small appearance. He eventually emerged with a black hoodie and a blue flat brim cap. He pulled the jumper on and placed the hat on his head before pulling the hood up over it. "Toxtricity, Grookey, when we get to the Devil's Playground, we're going to need to find a club or bar, I think that'll be the best place to start. We can ask around and see whether anyone has been flashing one of Wolfgang's card around." It was a pretty basic plan, but they had to start somewhere.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,364
Reaction score
2
Sandaa- While you'd done well to weaken the Clawitzers advantages over you, the pair had left you with a new problem. Spread out with a Double Team, it would be much harder to get a hit on them and your options were already limited. The technique wasn't enough to unsettle you though and a plan quickly comes to mind. You instruct Triton to lead off with a Tearful Look, a move that would be more suited to an unschooled Wishiwashi, rather that the intimidating mass of fish that Triton currently was. Nonetheless, the technique causes the Clawitzer to hesitate slightly, lowering their will to attack. Pickle goes an entirely different direction. The Pyukumuku pushes out her stomach, flipping the pair of crustaceans the bird! The taunting action aggravates the pair and they ready their cannons, taking aim at the little sea pickle.....

Triton disappears, the swarm of Wishiwashi break up and spread out. You knew exactly what was happening, it was your plan after all, but the Clawitzer wouldn't see the attack coming. Pickle clenches, setting up an aura around herself as she prepares to Bide through the incoming attacks. A pair of Aura Spheres burst from the Clawitzers' cannons, streaming through the water towards their target. Pickle braces for the attack, it wasn't easy but she endured it, the aura around her growing significantly as it absorbed the power of the attacks. While the Clawitzer were busy attacking, Triton has gotten into position. Reforming, the Shiny Schooled Wishiwashi attacks from the shadows with a Feint Attack! He saw through the clones and drove himself into the two real Clawitzer. The clones disperse as he hits his mark, dealing a nice hit to the guards in the process. Unfortunately their revenge is swift as they pepper the school of fish with Sludge Bombs! The poison spreads through the school, leaving Triton poisoned!
While Triton and Pickle continued to more or less be the underdogs, or underfish, in this battle that they were literally outgunned, they had been executing Gary’s strategies to perfection which helped level the playing field in a significant manner. The strategy to continuously bait their opponents and trap them into following their pace rather than the other way around had proven effective, and Gary was eager to maintain their course of action. “Great work so far, guys,” he called out to his two Pokemon.

Gary’s Pokemon were not unscathed, however; Pickle had absorbed quite a bit of damage while she continued to Bide her time, while Triton and his massive school of fish had been infected with Poison. Gary had to think carefully about what to do next, but he knew that if he and his Pokemon played their cards right that they could continue to turn the tides in their favor.

“Alright, Pickle,” he began instructing the sea cucumber, who remained dormant, “Keep Biding your time, but once you’re ready, prepare to unleash hell on those Clawitzers!” Gary then turned his attention to Triton. “Triton, trap the Clawitzers inside a Whirlpool once again to ensure Pickle’s attack connects! After that I want you to smack one of them hard with a U-Turn and then use the momentum to quickly return to Pickle’s side before they can retaliate. Pickle, use that window of opportunity to cure Triton of his poisoning with a Purify and heal off some of the damage you sustained as well!”
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
3
Meetan- You've got to multitask! You call on a few of your Pokemon to assist you, they could always be counted on to help you when you're in a tight spot. Eridian gave a little grumble as you ask him to escort the Sawsbuck, was he really reduced to be reduced to an escort? The black Bagon wasn't about to defy you though, he makes his way over to the Sawsbuck and the pair head off in search of water. Blaze is much more receptive to his task, he was feeling almost as energetic as the Lopunny! The pink Combusken rushes over to her, after a little communication the pair begin to play a game of tag, rushing around the clearing, dashing between the other carts. They'd be fine. Now you just had to deal with Hatenna. Mimi was tasked with coaxing her fellow Psychic type from under the cart, a task she was well suited to. The Mime Jr was small and nonthreatening, you hoped that Hatenna would feel more comfortable around her.

You turn around, giving Mimi some time with Hatenna. You hear a short exchange of words between the pair, then some giggling? Had it worked? It seems so as Mimi soon emerges from under the cart, holding Hatenna's hair in one hand. Hatenna looks much more confident with the Mime Jr by her side, as if the Mimi is dampening her sensitivity. Well, that was one problem solved. Blaze and Lola seemed fine for now, the pair were still wearing each other out. You could try and catch up with Eridian and Bambi, there was no telling who or what was lurking in the woods after all. Or, you could spend some time trying to build a relationship with Hatenna, she might be more receptive to you now that Mimi has steadied her.


Zorchic- The Binacle and Barbaracle were certainly intimidating, but you were confident you'd be able to hold them off long enough for you to get onto the water. You instruct Lucario to hold the trio in place with a Psychic. The Lucario's eye glow with energy and for a moment, he holds the three Pokemon in place. Unfortunately it doesn't last for long, you can't be sure whether this is because Lucario's not strong enough or the result of the Full Moon strengthening the Pokemon of the lake. Frillish seems obedient for now however and the ghost fires off a Confuse Ray. One of the Binacle sacrifices itself, extending its two heads to intercept the beam, preventing its leader from getting confused. Buizel uses Sonic Boom to kick up some sand, hoping to cover your escape. A pair of clawed hands extend through the sand, at first you think they're going for Buizel, but then they whizz straight past him and instead, grab you. You're ripped through the cloud of sand and the air is knocked from your lungs as you slam into something hard. You look up and see the snarling face of the Barbaracle! It has you in a tight hold, you can't see behind you but you care hear your Pokemon crying out to you.


"Hold on Jake!" Heath shouts, "we'll get you free!" There is a pause for a moment, but then you hear Heath's voice once more. "Heliolisk, Parabolic Charge, Hariyama, Rock Smash!" While you can't see the combat, you can hear the cries of the Binacle as Heath's Pokemon do their best to keep them occupied. Your Pokemon would do their best to free you, but they would need guidance.


Maskerade- You were glad that Mace didn't seem to want to exterminate the Scyther and you were interested in finding out what was causing the trouble anyway. You even had a lead! You had to be quick though, you didn't want whatever it was to get away. "Go gettem lad, just look after ye self, don't know whats might be lurkin out dere." Mace wishes you well, returning to his work.

You and Munchlax rush to the edge of the crop, with the scent so fresh, Munchlax has no trouble picking it up. You and the bear barrel through the Cornn berries, hoping that you were gaining ground on whatever it was that was watching you. Munchlax chest is heaving, he wasn't used to so much running. The little bear wished his feet could move as fast as his mouth, if that was the case he'd be as fast as a lightning bolt! You stumble into the original clearing made by the Scyther, about half way across the clearing you spot your quarry.

From appearance, it's safe to assume that it is another Bug type, but it doesn't look like any you've come across before. It's only small, the navy blue colour was similar to that of the Cornn berries. The bug was moving quickly and seemed intent on reaching the forest, if it made it there, you'd have a much harder time tracking it down. Munchlax certainly wasn't running anything down, you need speed. If you missed this opportunity, you'd potentially miss your chance at finding out what had forced the Scyther from their home.


Faiyaa- This would take timing. Pickle was a ticking time bomb, if she could tank one more barrage of attacks, she'd be able to fire off a tremendous amount of energy. Sure enough the Clawitzer target her once more, taking aim they fire a pair of Dragon Pulses. Pickle braces for impact, this was going to hurt. The Dragon Pulses, converge hammering the little green Pyukumuku, but the Clawitzer fail to realise they've made a tremendous mistake. Triton whips up another Whirlpool, catching the pair of them and holding them in place. Meanwhile, the energy surrounding Pickle has begun to condense, a large orb forming at her mouth. Wielding power she never thought she would hold, she takes aim and unleashes a beam of startling power. The bright white beam tears through the water, enveloping the two Clawitzer. Triton U-turns back to Pickle's side and the pair watch as the Clawitzer sink down towards the seafloor, unconscious. Despite all odds, the pair had managed to overcome their opponents. There was only one issue, Triton was still poisoned. Not for long though! As the Wishiwashi relinquishes his schooled form, Pickle floats over to him. Attaching herself to the Wishiwashi, Pickle drains the poison from his system, using it to heal herself of the damage the Clawitzer had inflicted.

Triton gained 3 levels
Pickle gained 3 levels


The path into the temple was now clear, you had a way to get to the Primarina and Popplio now. That said, where was Marian? You notice a glow behind you, spinning around, you see Apollo is swimming towards you, alone. The Lanturn must have searched for Marian and decided to return to you when he couldn't find you.
 
Last edited:
The Confused Girl
Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Somewhere in the Forest of Wands...

As Danika wandered along the path, her nose scrunched up with disdain. She reached into her pocket to pull out a map with a crinkle, head tilted. "I think we might be lost," she sighed to her Galarian Ponyta, Lily. Lily snorted and gently headbutted her hip in reply. Danika patted her head, tucking away the map and looking up at the trees. "Where are we?"

Obviously there were in a forest. A big one. With lots and lots of trees. Danika grumbled. "Well... no point in dwelling on. Not gonna get anywhere if I'm not willing to take some risks, yeah?" Lily whickered happily before jumping forward. "Wait, Lily!" Danika laughed, chasing after her. "You know, I'm glad I got stuck with you. Imagine if I had a Granbull like dad! Ugh, no thank you." Looking down at the ground as she walked between the trees, she hummed to herself. "At least it's really pretty here, wherever here is."

After a little while longer, Lily neighed and motioned her head to what looked like a path of sorts. Well, more like well-trodden ground. Danika's eyes lit up. "Nice going, girl! Let's stay on this, then." Following Lily onto the path, she adjusted her pack on her shoulders. "I wonder if we'll run into other people? Or Pokemon. I think an Eevee would be nice, wouldn't you? Then we can have a friend for you to play with! Plus then we can make one big cuddle pile and snuggle up nice and warm," she hummed wistfully. Lily grunted a bit at the comment, eliciting a giggle from Danika. "Oh shush. It'll be fun, you'll see!"


x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Mega Ring
x1 Z-Ring
x1 Dynamax Band
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case
x5 Pokeballs
x5 Rare Candies
x1 TM Return or Frustration
$3000 Pokedollars
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Meetan- You've got to multitask! You call on a few of your Pokemon to assist you, they could always be counted on to help you when you're in a tight spot. Eridian gave a little grumble as you ask him to escort the Sawsbuck, was he really reduced to be reduced to an escort? The black Bagon wasn't about to defy you though, he makes his way over to the Sawsbuck and the pair head off in search of water. Blaze is much more receptive to his task, he was feeling almost as energetic as the Lopunny! The pink Combusken rushes over to her, after a little communication the pair begin to play a game of tag, rushing around the clearing, dashing between the other carts. They'd be fine. Now you just had to deal with Hatenna. Mimi was tasked with coaxing her fellow Psychic type from under the cart, a task she was well suited to. The Mime Jr was small and nonthreatening, you hoped that Hatenna would feel more comfortable around her.

You turn around, giving Mimi some time with Hatenna. You hear a short exchange of words between the pair, then some giggling? Had it worked? It seems so as Mimi soon emerges from under the cart, holding Hatenna's hair in one hand. Hatenna looks much more confident with the Mime Jr by her side, as if the Mimi is dampening her sensitivity. Well, that was one problem solved. Blaze and Lola seemed fine for now, the pair were still wearing each other out. You could try and catch up with Eridian and Bambi, there was no telling who or what was lurking in the woods after all. Or, you could spend some time trying to build a relationship with Hatenna, she might be more receptive to you now that Mimi has steadied her.
Alice shook her head at Eridian's complaining, even if she had a smile on her face. "It's not a demotion, you know. I'm trusting you to go out all on your own and look after him without me there! That's a big job!" She pointed out. The two were soon gone, leaving her Combusken tearing up the place with Sera's Lopunny. At least these two seemed like a perfect pairing for each other, it was just that she worried they might be too perfect. Both were strong and fast, which really just meant it was a matter of time before they made a mess or knocked into someone. Alice told them to be careful and to watch where they were going, since they seemed so overexcited. Goodness.

Mimi had completed her task, too, to Alice's relief. It seemed that Eridian was the only one not having a top time, but she had thought he might enjoy a stretch of his legs with a felloq quiet and gentle soul... Even if the dragon wasn't always so gentle. She beamed down at the top, finding it so sweet that her shining little baby was taking on the role of the leader, guiding Hatenna by the hair like a little big sister. So cute! "Look at you two! So perfect!" Alice chimed. "So, since we have time, I thought we could either go for a walk and look for Bambi and Eri, or we could play some games here? Maybe something dancey and mimey, to keep us active? Or a less terrifying game of tag?" She jested, making reference to the chaotic two still entertaining each other. Alice thought it best to extend the decision to Hatenna, unless she didn't like having to make such choices. But this way the Pokemon wouldn't necessarily be forced into something she didn't enjoy with a stranger.
 
An illusion that didn't work out
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
236
Reaction score
50
Zorchic- The Binacle and Barbaracle were certainly intimidating, but you were confident you'd be able to hold them off long enough for you to get onto the water. You instruct Lucario to hold the trio in place with a Psychic. The Lucario's eye glow with energy and for a moment, he holds the three Pokemon in place. Unfortunately it doesn't last for long, you can't be sure whether this is because Lucario's not strong enough or the result of the Full Moon strengthening the Pokemon of the lake. Frillish seems obedient for now however and the ghost fires off a Confuse Ray. One of the Binacle sacrifices itself, extending its two heads to intercept the beam, preventing its leader from getting confused. Buizel uses Sonic Boom to kick up some sand, hoping to cover your escape. A pair of clawed hands extend through the sand, at first you think they're going for Buizel, but then they whizz straight past him and instead, grab you. You're ripped through the cloud of sand and the air is knocked from your lungs as you slam into something hard. You look up and see the snarling face of the Barbaracle! It has you in a tight hold, you can't see behind you but you care hear your Pokemon crying out to you.

"Hold on Jake!" Heath shouts, "we'll get you free!" There is a pause for a moment, but then you hear Heath's voice once more. "Heliolisk, Parabolic Charge, Hariyama, Rock Smash!" While you can't see the combat, you can hear the cries of the Binacle as Heath's Pokemon do their best to keep them occupied. Your Pokemon would do their best to free you, but they would need guidance.
The Pokémon jumped into action, but Lucario's Psychic seemed not strong enough to hold the three opponents. Frillish released a Confuse Ray, but one of the Binacle jumped to take the attack for the Barbaracle. Even through Buizel's Sonic Boom, Barbaracle reached through and snatched Jake up from his spot, slamming the trainer into its chest. Jake knew this would happen for the second time, after Frillish attacked him with Confuse Ray, but he was by no means afraid now. He glared at the Pokémon whose hold he was in.

"Ha!" Jake spat. "Too Torchicken to attack my Pokémon, and you go for the trainer instead! How cowardly, I guess Barbaracle aren't so tough after all. Well, if you want a fight, you're going to get one!" He slammed his fists into the Barbaracle's arms and kicked it hard in the tender spot between its two rocks, as Jake attempted to get free from the Barbaracle's grasp. Jake took a deep breath as he proceeded to scream his head off, so loud that the Collective Pokémon would lose its hearing.

"BUIZEL, SONIC BOOOOM! RIGHT AT THEM!" Jake screeched. (The Barbaracle and Binacle are what "them" is referring to.) Although it was an order for his own Pokémon, he shouted right in Barbaracle's face. "LUCARIO, AURA SPHEEEERE! FRILLISH, ABSORB THE HECK OUT OF THIS THING!" As he gave Frillish's orders, Jake gave Barbaracle another defiant kick in the tender area if he wasn't already free.

"Heath, cover me!" Jake added, lowering his voice just a bit, but still shouting. "Make sure that no one gets a hold of me anymore! This is annoying, you know!"


(Just so you know, here is where I refer to as the "tender spot" between Barbaracle's two rocks.
Barbaracle's Tender Spot (Transparent).png
)
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
277
Reaction score
1
ShadowDRGN- Twist's battle for redemption was underway and at the moment it was fair to say you possessed a slight lead. However, you couldn't doubt your opponents ability, especially considering the boosts the Crawdaunt had just acquired. With Twist currently in the water, you quickly order him to get back on dry land. The Buizel swims quickly back to sure, gathering speed as he closes in. He slams straight into the Corphish that had tossed him there, knocking it on its side, leaving it temporarily immobile. This gives the Buizel an opportunity to target the Crawdaunt once more, and he quickly growls at the crustacean, reducing the attack boost it had given itself. While Twist gets to work, Boss works himself up, the adrenaline rush giving himself an attack and special attack boost. He puts it to good use, tackling the Corphish that is blocking him from attacking the Crawdaunt. The Corphish hardens itself carapace moments before the impact, allowing it to much better handle the blow. It holds its own, intent on preventing Boss from getting close to the Crawdaunt.

Both Corphish go on the offensive. Claws glistening with a metallic sheen, they lash out viciously. Twist and Boss bob and weave, doing their best to avoid taking a direct hit. At this point the Crawdaunt seems happy to sit back and watch its minions do all the work. Growing tired of dodging, Boss fights back, lashing out with repetitive arm thrusts! He gets inside the Corphish's guard and begins to directly strike the Water type's face. It isn't long before the Corphish is overwhelmed by the combo of boosted hits and it slumps to the ground, unconscious. The numbers were now even. As Twist prepares to fight back, he ends up taking a Metal Claw to the chest. While he resists the attack, the Corphish seems to benefit, gaining an attack boost. Jumping into the air, Twist spins his tail, sending a shower of swift stars towards the Corphish and Crawdaunt. The pair are struck by the move, the Corphish shows signs of weakening but the Crawdaunt stands strong, shrugging off the blow like it is nothing. With one of Corphish down, Crawdaunt decides it is time to fight. It rushes Boss, catching the Pancham by surprise. A swift strike from its Razor sharp claw sends Boss flying, a truly powerful hit consider the Crawdaunt's Adaptability. Boss crashes to the ground, he is slow to rise, that blow clearly hurt. While you had managed to even out the numbers, the Crawdaunt was clearly a threat.
Jason's expression is one of prideful glee as he watches Boss and Twist fight. Even though both Corphish were doing their all to keep him from taking the fight to their leader, Jason's Pokemon were handling them expertly. Dodging, punishing and executing their Moves at just the right time. With co-ordination like this, there's no way these thugs will be the ones left standing tonight!

The buzz of excitement reaches a small climax when Jason sees Boss pummel one of the Corphish into submission with his Arm Thrust, his numerous attack boosts showing exactly why Boss wasn't a Pokemon to take lightly, "awesome work, guys!" Jason shouts as he starts to emerge from the bushes, feeling a little safer to come closer now that the playing field is even, though he makes care to try and put his Pokemon between him and the enemies, knowing full-well how underhanded Dark-types can be even without the full moon making them go berserk.

Boss catches his breath after that third attack, the pressure now off him as Twist sweeps over both enemies with his Normal-type Moves. Hearing Jason's encouragement, he looks over and flashes him a thumbs-up, but unfortunately that very moment is the same one where Crawdaunt rushes in and strikes, sending the Pancham tumbling across the grass!

"Boss!" Jason shouts as he watches the exchange, his nose scrunched-up as he cringes from seeing the weight of the hit. Twist also flinches at the sight, not expecting the Cawdaunt to change its mind about fighting so quickly. Jason doesn't hesitate, and he takes off towards the Pancham as he stumbles to his feet, one of his paws nursing a rather nasty cut on his side, "shit dude, are you okay?" Jason asks as he kneels beside Boss and digs into his bag for a Super Potion.

Boss gives a shaky nod and grunts raspily as he tries to gain back the air that was just knocked out of his lungs. His grip on his item loosens from the pain, and after a moment his Liechi Berry falls to the ground, rolling across the grass until it taps against Jason's foot and stops. The Trainer looks down and sees the berry, and something clicks, "oh, that's right! Boss, I have an idea, but let's get you patched-up first!" he says as he lifts the Pancham's arm and applies a Super Potion to the cut to speed up the healing process, causing Boss to let out a sigh of relief.

"Alright. I was gonna have you use that Liechi Berry, but I think that special Move the Master taught us would be a better bet," Jason says, tapping a finger to his new Z-ring "you ready to try it?"

Boss nods and grins eagerly in response. Of course he's ready to hit back against Crawdaunt with a beatdown!

"Then let's go!" Jason shouts, making sure his voice carries to Buizel as well, "Twist, it's your turn to get even with those thugs! Hit Corphish with an Iron Tail to soften it up, and it should be weak enough for a Sonic Boom to do the trick! Once you see my ring light up, give Boss a Helping Hand with his Move and we'll make this Cawdaunt eat dirt!" as he gives out his commands, he takes up the same tense stance that he practiced this morning, "Boss, use Taunt on Crawdaunt so he can't boost himself more, and change your Circle Throw into an All-Out Pummelling on my signal! Make it hurt, you two!" his voice strains a bit as he belts out orders, but he refuses to give his vocal chords a rest. He'll need to coordinate all of these moves as quickly as possible in order to exact their vengeance.
 
An illusion that didn't work out
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
236
Reaction score
50
Kadota - (You didn't specify a sub-location [you're supposed to quote the location that you choose to RP in], so I'm going to place you in Fortune's Woods, which sounds the most like the place you described.)
X. Fortune’s Woods - A place in the forest where the magical energy is at its most potent, forming a sort of myst that permeates the air. Everything from the trees to the wildlife here seem a bit out of this world, and it’s hard to predict what exactly will happen here. Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck. Whatever it is, this portion of the forest is filled with fun and whimsy.
Looking for adventure, you and your Galarian Ponyta saunter along a path in the woods, when you stop, checking your map. You're lost! You take in the forest around you. What a big place! The trees shimmer with sparkly energy, and a mist blows through the area. But you look on, confused. What is this place? Probably would have been a good idea to do some research before rushing into adventure...

The trees tower over your head, and you look around, deciding not to stay put. You're glad your partner is a pretty Unique Horn Pokémon instead of a scary Granbull like your dad's. You continue to wander along, looking for a way to go.

After a while, Lily spots a beaten path! You look on in delight and follow her onto the path. You and your Galarian Ponyta start walking along it, thinking about who you'll meet on this trip. A helpful group of people? A rowdy pack of Pokémon? At the mention of a playful Eevee in your speculation, Lily gives a small grunt, causing you to giggle and encourage her to go on.

Suddenly, the bushes around you rustle. A small, human-like figure with a leaf on its head dashes out and looks both ways, as if it were a person about to cross a street. It's a
Nuzleaf! It spots you and your Ponyta, and eyes Lily warily, before gaining a golden glow in its eyes. A multicolored beam of Extrasensory origins shoots out from the Nuzleaf's long, pointy nose, and explodes in the dirt at your feet! Startled, Lily jumps back, nearly bumping into you, and you stumble briefly. The tuft of mane on her left foot is glowing with a faint golden light, but the light disappears quickly. Before you know it, however, the Pokémon speeds away, leaving as fast as it came.

What now? Do you follow the mysterious Nuzleaf who pulled a hit-and-run on you? Or do you go another way? In short, what do you do?


(Also, you're supposed to choose either TM Return or TM Frustration. You can't have both! ;))
 
Last edited:
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
447
Reaction score
13
Maskerade- You were glad that Mace didn't seem to want to exterminate the Scyther and you were interested in finding out what was causing the trouble anyway. You even had a lead! You had to be quick though, you didn't want whatever it was to get away. "Go gettem lad, just look after ye self, don't know whats might be lurkin out dere." Mace wishes you well, returning to his work.

You and Munchlax rush to the edge of the crop, with the scent so fresh, Munchlax has no trouble picking it up. You and the bear barrel through the Cornn berries, hoping that you were gaining ground on whatever it was that was watching you. Munchlax chest is heaving, he wasn't used to so much running. The little bear wished his feet could move as fast as his mouth, if that was the case he'd be as fast as a lightning bolt! You stumble into the original clearing made by the Scyther, about half way across the clearing you spot your quarry.

From appearance, it's safe to assume that it is another Bug type, but it doesn't look like any you've come across before. It's only small, the navy blue colour was similar to that of the Cornn berries. The bug was moving quickly and seemed intent on reaching the forest, if it made it there, you'd have a much harder time tracking it down. Munchlax certainly wasn't running anything down, you need speed. If you missed this opportunity, you'd potentially miss your chance at finding out what had forced the Scyther from their home.
Ark didn't exactly consider himself an entitled know-it-all, but somehow, the sight of a Bug Pokemon he had never laid eyes on before made him feel insulted. How could that be? He'd spent just about all of his childhood before setting off on his journey studying Pokemon! How had he, in ten years of life, never seen or heard of that blue worm?

Unless it's from that other region. I never read any books about it... The same region Leon comes from.

Conjectures aside, the problem here was clear - if he failed to catch up to that bug, he'd never get any answers. Even if that Pokemon was unrelated to this whole mess, which Ark felt very unlikely, he still had to know why it was eavesdropping on him and Mace. Something told him that Pokemon was the answer to several questions, but the biggest question now was how would he close the distance between them and prevent its escape?!

It's way too far across the clearing for me to toss a Ball and catch it, not to mention it's not even weakened. Munchlax is running on fumes and, well, he's a Munchlax. Chimchar's my fastest Pokemon, but even he might not be quick enough to close this gap before we lose sight of him in the fields again...

Chimchar felt like the obvious answer, nimble and skilled on his feet. But he needed something more foolproof - odds were Chimchar would move in with a punch that would knock the insect out cold or worse, robbing them of any answers. But maybe... maybe he didn't need to outspeed that Pokemon at all!

"It's a gamble, but here goes. Turtwig, you're up!"

The mild-mannered turtle emerged from his Ball once more and looked around the clearing with a satisfied expression. What a pleasant place.

"We can't let that Bug Pokemon escape! Bind it with your Leech Seed, if it misses trap it in a Sand Tomb! We absolutely can't let it flee!"
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
447
Reaction score
13
TheKnightsFury:
"I would much prefer we only talked again once this matter is... settled. Too much communication in between can be hazardous."

Wolfgang nonchalantly waves at you before shifting his attention to the Nurse Joy at the counter. You can tell his feigning disinterest not to draw too much attention, so it's perhaps best you don't bust his act. Equipped as best you can to blend in where you're about to go, you set off towards the Devil's Playground, holding on to the merchant's card just in case it might open some metaphorical (or literal) doors.

It doesn't take you long to find the place. You don't even have to ask around much - you basically just need to walk towards the place everyone else is walking away from. The Devil's Playground really seems to be all it's hyped up to be, from the dark murky and frankly filthy streets to the loud music coming from the bars that line both sides of those streets. Toxtricity fits right in, for obvious reasons - after all, he looks, as kids like to say, "really metal". The cacophony of terrible "music" seems to be his kind of jam too, and all in all, he's a happy Pokemon. Grookey... well, he kinda stands out like a sore thumb, with his cutesy look and pure green fur. You're not sure he digs the musical styles here as much as his Electric companion, but maybe it's just the lack of drums.

The first person you run into is a man in his thirties leaning against a brick wall just next to the backdoor of one of the "fine establishments", glass bottle in one hand a cigarette in the other. His apparent predilection for spiked shoulder pads and leather jackets would earn him an honorary Team Yell membership card in Galar for sure.

The man doesn't seem to have noticed you yet. The choice here might feel arbitrary, but it's one you'll have to make nonetheless. Will you approach this man, and if so, what will you ask him? Or do you prefer to try your luck in one of the bars and maybe go for a drink while you're at it?
 
Just plain old me.
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
130
Reaction score
43
The Forest of Wands


Once monikered the Forest of Adventure, the Forest of Wands has been changed and twisted by the surplus of magical energy flowing through the Arcane Realm. The once simplistic woods are now a labyrinth where magic flows through the roots of the trees and a sense of dread and whimsy encompass all who enter. Though, it was possible that this was here the entire time, like everything else, and the deep magic that flows through these woods caused trainers to dream of the much more simplistic Arcane Realm. (Please reply in SeaGreen)

VI. Lover’s Grove - Named for the two giant oaks twisted around each other, said to be the eternal form of a princess and her commoner lover. Couples can commonly be seen coming here, sitting under the oaks and gazing into the small pond next to it. Various berries and flowers grow under these oaks, said to be the fruits of love. Yet, important life decisions are made here, and for a simplistic place there is often danger lurking about for the couples who venture here.
Ahri's tail drooped sadly as it brushed the grass where her and her master walked. Once upon a time, the Espeon had dreams of walking through this forest with her beloved Flareon mate, Ahi. But now, this would never come to be. She knew she needed to be strong for her surviving son, but her heart ached with every moment she was forced to fake a smile in front of her son. Eyes focused on the ground as she walked, she wondered why exactly her trainer had decided to come to this area of all places.

Isaac, too, was familiar with heartache. Ahri had never met Kyle, and perhaps that was for the better. Right now he was the strong one, shouldering on for both him and his heartbroken Espeon. He could feel her frustration as they walked through the grove in silence, blue eyes fixated on the ground in frustration as she angrily brushed her paws through the grass. Isaac himself had to wonder what had drawn him here, out of all the areas situated within the Arcane Realm... why did he want to travel here so badly.

"Let go."

The words escaped Isaac's lips without him even realizing, causing Ahri's head to slowly look up, tilting once it fixated on her trainer. Isaac paused his stride, looking down at the graceful Espeon. She sat on her haunches, brow furrowed and lip slightly twisted and gnarled in confusion.


"We're going to the grove to let go. Forget the heartache and start anew." Isaac said, attempting to make his voice sound more confident than he felt. Ahri seemed confused even still, why wouldn't she be? What could her master possibly have to let go of. "Ahri," He began, sitting in the grass with his Espeon. "I was in love, once." He spoke softly, looking up at the tall canopy of trees above them. Ahri blinked, moving closer to her trainer and allowing him to scratch behind her ears. "His name was Kyle, and he left me too." He paused, "It was my own fault though. I wasn't a good man back then." His mind screamed at him that he still wasn't a good man now, but he bit his tongue. Isaac continued scratching her behind the ears. "Ahi, however, wasn't your fault." He began, knowing that the Espeon had been carrying an intense burden. He slowly put his hands on his knees, raising himself back up to his feet and looking towards the distance. He knew that those twisted oaks were somewhere near them, and he had to find them. "So... why don't we go to these oaks. We can smash those stupid berries on the ground, destroy our past loves and start fresh." Ahri's face twisted into a mischievous smile, much like her young self. Isaac couldn't help but grin seeing it. "Atta' girl." He murmured as the two continued their walk through the grove.
 
Top