• Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

    It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

    We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

    Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Faster than a jet plane?
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
136
Zorchic- Stuck in the unwanted embrace of the Barbaracle, you kick and scream as hard and as loud as you can. Heath's Pokemon were doing well at keeping the Binnacle occupied at least. The Heliolisk and Haryiama worked together, with Heliolisk draining some of the health from them before Haryiama smashes them with thrusts of its massive hands. This clears the way for your Pokemon to come to your aid. Buizel's Sonic Boom strikes the Barbaracle's legs, but it does little to the bulky Water type. Lucario curves an Aura Sphere right into the Barbaracle's head, the Fighting type having a great amount of control over the aura based attack. This rattles the Barbaracle and for a moment you feel it loosen its grip. It isn't for long enough unfortunately, as it doubles down and clamps you tighter, causing your arms and legs to ache. Frillish wraps itself around the Barbaracle and begins to leech away at it with an Absorb. The attack had worked well against Buizel when you had first encountered it, but unfortunately the Barbaracle was much stronger.

The hands on Barbaracle's shoulders lash out, swatting at Frillish with a super effective Night Slash. The ghost is forced to retreat out of melee range, before it is overpowered. With a stomp of its feet, the Barbaracle summons pillars of stone from beneath the ground. Lucario and Buizel are struck, the Fighting type endures the hit well, while Buizel is sent soaring through the air by the powerful hit. The Barbaracle was proving to be as relentless as it was powerful. Thankfully Heath is having an easier time with the Binnacle, his Pokemon easily dealing with their weaker attacks. "Don't worry Jake, we will have you free in no time, just hang on!"
"Eeeh," Jake grunted. This barbarian of a Pokémon was not letting up! First a Night Slash at Frillish, then a Stone Edge! What was making the Barbaracle act so aggressive?

"Hang on, Buizel!" Jake urged, struggling in the hold of the Rock- and Water-type. The trainer needed to distract the Barbaracle, and so quickly devised another plan.

"Yo, Barbaracle," Jake said casually, trying to make conversation, though it was hard to stay calm in a Pokémon's tight grasp. "What up? Got a King to guard?" Jake smiled. "I give you a deal. I got some Berries in my Bag—especially Rindo Berries. Let me go, let us pass, and I'll give you some, maybe all of my Berries. What do you say? Sound good?" Jake knew that Rindo Berries weakened the damage from a super-effective Grass-type move, and since both Rock and Water, Barbaracle's types, were weak to Grass, Jake figured that Rindo Berries would be especially enticing for a Pokémon like Barbaracle. The young Aura Guardian knew that he and Heath's Pokémon would preferably have to hold back for a moment, and only attack then if Barbaracle declined Jake's offer and went on the attack again.

Meanwhile, Jake motioned for the others not to attack yet, by awkwardly using his hands to form a stop sign. "Everyone, don't attack unless the Barbaracle lashes out at me!" he whisper-shouted, turning his head in the opposite direction from Barbaracle's and thus facing his own Pokémon and Heath and his Pokémon. (The rest of Jake’s body was still twisted toward the Barbaracle, thanks to the tight grip of the seven-limbed Pokémon.)

Next, Jake thought up a "telepathical" message, though he was doubtful if it would reach them, or even go out, due to the large amount of interference. He hoped that at least Lucario, the Aura Pokémon, would sense it with his own innate aura abilities. Okay, here goes... he thought.
If Barbaracle does attack, Buizel, douse the Barbaracle with a Water Gun! Lucario, then try another Psychic and hold Barbaracle back! I might be able to get free then. Frillish, be ready to launch a Water Pulse at the Collective Pokémon!
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
3
TheKnightsFury:
You knew you were taking a risk when you cleared the skies, a risk that became palpable as soon as Grookey was hit with a boosted Fire Fang, but it was all leading up to this moment. Fighting through the pain, he grabs his trusty stick like the hilt of a sword with both hands and gathers solar energy at the tip – in a matter of seconds a ray of concentrated sunlight bursts forth, taking the shape of an oversized glowing blade, and after a single swing, Exploud is propelled backwards into its Trainer. Once again the poor fellow is squished against the brick wall of the nearby building and slumps to the ground pathetically.

Unrelenting, Grookey follows up by leaping towards the downed Exploud with a closed fist, but the beast is resilient and fights back – with your partner still in midair and closing in fast, Exploud unleashes a devastating Boomburst that repels the Grass-Type with such force he ends up crashing into you. Not only that, the soundwave is so destructive and widespread that the glass windows of every bar in the vicinity shatter loudly into a million pieces!

“The f*** was that?!"
“Those assholes are wreckin’ the place!”

What follows is quite literally a blur. Complaints rain down from all sides as hordes of angry customers leave the surrounding establishments to see what on earth is going on; a blunt hit to the back of your head later, everything becomes blurry, and you pass out.

-----

You wake up with a terrible headache to find yourself in a small room filled to the ceiling with glass bottles on both sides. It takes you a while to remember what happened, but once you do, you quickly deduce you’ve been locked up in the storage room of one of the local bars. You’re quick to notice Toxtricity and Grookey are no longer with you – in fact, your whole belt is missing, along with all of your PokeBalls as well as your Bag!

You hear voices coming from outside the room, but they’re faint – whoever’s nearby probably isn’t too close to the door.

How will you handle this situation?

*Grookey gained 2 Levels!*
Grookey gained 2 levels

Things had gone from good to bad to worse...... One minute Grookey was finally starting to dominate the Exploud, the next the Normal Type had shattered the windows of the club and chaos had followed. A surprising blow to the back of the head was the last thing he remembered. Xander looked around, he was either in a store room in the bar or a really shit bottle museum. Xander began to panic, realising that his Pokemon and his bag were gone, those bastard! It wasn't even his fault the club had got damaged, it was the fucking drunk's fault! He had to come up with a plan, he couldn't just sit here and wait for someone to come to him. This was going to be played on his terms.

Xander grabbed a bottle and hurled it at the door, smashing it. Splinters of glass splashed across the floor. He grabbed another in preparation. "You motherfuckers!" Xander shouted at the top of his lungs. "Let me out of here now! How dare you take my Pokemon, give them back now and let me the fuck out of here you wankers!" This was ridiculous, who knocks out a kid, takes his stuff and locks him in a storeroom?! Once he got his Pokemon back, these morons were going to pay. He'd destroy the whole club, down to the foundations, that would show them..... "Hurry up bitches! I've got plenty more bottles to smash!" He hurled another bottle at the door, tik tok motherfuckers!
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
3

Maskerade- While you had no intention on stopping the Bug, you had every intention of following it back to its nest. From what you saw in the visions, the nest was certainly a source of power, worth investigating for sure. If the nest was the reason the Scyther were behaving strangely, then you needed to do something about it. Your relationship with the Bug is strenuous to say the least and it seems to fray as you express your desire to locate the nest.

Blip bug blip blip, blip, blip bug, blip blip blip bug, blip!

Even without the translation, it was clear that the Bug didn't want you following it. The question was why? It seemed like was just starting to warm up to you, now it was back to being defensive?

Before you can question further, something fires at you from above. The Psybeams strike the ground next to you and your Pokemon, they were clearly warning shots. The Bug shudders, it seems to be afraid as well. Looking up, you spot two red bugs hovering in the air, they weren't exactly large, but something was telling you that they weren't exactly weak either. It seems you have a choice, flee or fight. These bugs surely had to be connected to the one you'd been interrogating, but if so, why was it so afraid of them? Questions needed answers, but were you capable of getting them? The bugs swoop in, preparing to commence their assault. Turtwig readies himself, Munchlax groans, surely he'd already done enough to make up for eating that pie?


Zorchic- Somewhat surprised by the Barbaracle's aggressive approach, you decide to try and bargain your way out of the situation. Surely a Pokemon with a quad weakness to Grass would be interested in Rindo Berries? Nope. The Barbaracle doesn't even register the words slipping from your lips, its only desire seems to be to see you suffer. Was the power of the Full Moon really the reason for the Barbaracle's rage? It seemed to be the only explanation right now. On a positive note, the Barbaracle finally releases you, throwing you to the ground. You aren't free for long though, as with a stomp of its foot the Barbaracle traps you in a Rock Tomb. The rocks rise to pinch around your shoulders, leaving only your head uncased. Great.......

With it being clear that the Barbaracle has no intentions of giving up, your Pokemon launch their attacks. Buizel fires a Water Gun but the Barbaracle meets the attack with its claws, easily breaking through the jet of water. A Psychic blast from Lucario holds the Barbaracle in place long enough for Frillish to hit it with a Water Pulse. Not enough. The Barbaracle grins, smashing away part of its rocky shell, it forgoes some defences in favour of increased offences. It closes the gap with startling speed. It back hands Lucario with a Brick Break before following up with a Night Slash on Buizel. The pair look a touch worse for wear. Assistance arrives though! While you'd been focused on the Barbaracle, Heath's Pokemon had finished off the Binacle! "Heliolisk, Thunderbolt, Hariyama, Cross Chop!" The Thunderbolt strikes the Barbaracle in the back, dealing a staggering blow considering it had just dropped its defences. Hariyama puts an end to the brutal boss, the Cross Chop launching it into the water.

Buizel gained 3 levels, Lucario gained 3 levels, Frillish gained 3 levels.

Hariyama cracks you out of the Rock Tomb, "are you alright dude? That looked a bit rough, are you right to go on?"
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Zelphon: Having enjoyed your brief picnic, you resume your travels with Naula, intending to reach the heart of the Lover's Grove in short time. As you walk, you muse to yourself on the nostalgia of the surroundings, and somewhere in the distance you can vaguely hear tittering chatter - no doubt a sign of couples filtering through the trees. However, as you drift into the pleasant monotony of your forward march, something begins to seem wrong. It was subtle at first, but you could now clearly make out a faint wispy mist gradually seeping across the ground, and though you quicken your pace, the Grove wasn't coming into view. Frowning, you look to Naula, and despite her more attuned faculties it seems as if she is equally confused by the strange happenings.

Strangely, the chattering had gotten louder, odd given the difficulty you were having approaching the Grove. Weirder still, it appeared to be emanating from all directions. Regardless of how much you strained, you couldn't quite perceive anything legible - it was almost as if the noise was dancing just on the peripheral of your senses, teasing you in a tangibly annoying fashion. As you begin to question whether this was an elaborate dream, you notice a distinct rustling over the background whispers. Searching, you manage to trace the sound to a nearby bush, but before you managed to investigate further Naula darts into the underbrush, yipping for you to follow. Whatever laid in wait had already begun it's hasty retreat, and what had initially presented like a simple expedition was beginning to escalate rapidly.
 
Faster than a jet plane?
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
136
Zorchic- Somewhat surprised by the Barbaracle's aggressive approach, you decide to try and bargain your way out of the situation. Surely a Pokemon with a quad weakness to Grass would be interested in Rindo Berries? Nope. The Barbaracle doesn't even register the words slipping from your lips, its only desire seems to be to see you suffer. Was the power of the Full Moon really the reason for the Barbaracle's rage? It seemed to be the only explanation right now. On a positive note, the Barbaracle finally releases you, throwing you to the ground. You aren't free for long though, as with a stomp of its foot the Barbaracle traps you in a Rock Tomb. The rocks rise to pinch around your shoulders, leaving only your head uncased. Great.......

With it being clear that the Barbaracle has no intentions of giving up, your Pokemon launch their attacks. Buizel fires a Water Gun but the Barbaracle meets the attack with its claws, easily breaking through the jet of water. A Psychic blast from Lucario holds the Barbaracle in place long enough for Frillish to hit it with a Water Pulse. Not enough. The Barbaracle grins, smashing away part of its rocky shell, it forgoes some defences in favour of increased offences. It closes the gap with startling speed. It back hands Lucario with a Brick Break before following up with a Night Slash on Buizel. The pair look a touch worse for wear. Assistance arrives though! While you'd been focused on the Barbaracle, Heath's Pokemon had finished off the Binacle! "Heliolisk, Thunderbolt, Hariyama, Cross Chop!" The Thunderbolt strikes the Barbaracle in the back, dealing a staggering blow considering it had just dropped its defences. Hariyama puts an end to the brutal boss, the Cross Chop launching it into the water.

Buizel gained 3 levels, Lucario gained 3 levels, Frillish gained 3 levels.

Hariyama cracks you out of the Rock Tomb, "are you alright dude? That looked a bit rough, are you right to go on?"
Buizel gained 3 levels!
Lucario gained 3 levels!
Frillish gained 3 levels!

Jake got up and dusted himself off. "Yeah, I'm fine," he replied. "Thanks for the help back there." The trainer looked around at the broken shards of rock left over from the Rock Tomb. Thank goodness he was finally free.

For now, though, he needed to heal up for what came next. His Pokémon were already looking battered and they hadn't even left shore yet! "Have a Potion each for all your troubles," Jake said, pulling out
one of the healing items and walking over to his Lucario. He sprayed it on the area around Lucario's chest.

Ah, remarked Lucario. That feels nice.

"You too, Buizel," added Jake. The Sea Weasel ran over to him and got a refreshing spray of
another of Jake's Potions.

"Oh, don't worry, Frillish, I haven't forgotten about you," the trainer called again. "Come here, you."

The ghostly jellyfish floated over to Jake, and the Aura Guardian-in-training took
one more Potion out of his pocket and sprayed it on Frillish's head. Not that the Floating Pokémon needed it, but it was always good to take some precautions.

Jake had to admit, it was embarrassing how Heath's Pokémon finished off the Barbaracle in two hits, while Jake's own Pokémon only grazed it. He supposed that the Heliolisk and Hariyama must be more skilled.

"Well, I guess it's time to head out onto the water!" Jake said to everybody. "Grab your paddle board, Heath—we'd better get going. Ready, everyone?"

Yes, sir! Lucario jokingly saluted.

"Bui-zel!" Buizel said affirmatively.

Frillish said nothing, but he flexed his thin tentacles to show that he was pumped up.

"Good, guys!" Jake gave a thumbs-up. He turned to Heath and his Pokémon. "Let's get our boards, shall we?" With that, he ran over to a tall rock that was near the water. Making sure it wasn't a Pokémon in disguise, he hefted his paddle board off it and turned back toward the others, beckoning with a gesture of his hand. "Come on! We don't have much time to waste!"

This Full Moon stuff really was intriguing, though. Perhaps during the Full Moon, when the King of the Lake arises, all the Pokémon in the lake are driven to protect it. But if Jake didn't mean the King any harm...he wondered if he should try to convince Heath not to try to catch it or anything. Maybe just observe it, like Jake had wanted to do at the start of this adventure. Now, however, Jake decided to keep this idea to himself.

All this contemplation lasted no more than a few seconds, however. Jake was still waiting for his Pokémon's and Heath's (Pokémon's) response, one of his hands grasping his paddle board and the other hand leaning on Heath's paddle board, which was leaning against the rock.


(OOC: Using x3 Potions, one on my Buizel, Lucario, and Frillish each.)
 
New Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Zelphon: Having enjoyed your brief picnic, you resume your travels with Naula, intending to reach the heart of the Lover's Grove in short time. As you walk, you muse to yourself on the nostalgia of the surroundings, and somewhere in the distance you can vaguely hear tittering chatter - no doubt a sign of couples filtering through the trees. However, as you drift into the pleasant monotony of your forward march, something begins to seem wrong. It was subtle at first, but you could now clearly make out a faint wispy mist gradually seeping across the ground, and though you quicken your pace, the Grove wasn't coming into view. Frowning, you look to Naula, and despite her more attuned faculties it seems as if she is equally confused by the strange happenings.

Strangely, the chattering had gotten louder, odd given the difficulty you were having approaching the Grove. Weirder still, it appeared to be emanating from all directions. Regardless of how much you strained, you couldn't quite perceive anything legible - it was almost as if the noise was dancing just on the peripheral of your senses, teasing you in a tangibly annoying fashion. As you begin to question whether this was an elaborate dream, you notice a distinct rustling over the background whispers. Searching, you manage to trace the sound to a nearby bush, but before you managed to investigate further Naula darts into the underbrush, yipping for you to follow. Whatever laid in wait had already begun it's hasty retreat, and what had initially presented like a simple expedition was beginning to escalate rapidly.


With the quick change in tone for his adventure through the forest, Rylie briefly blinks in confusion. He starts running after Naula with a bewildered expression upon his face, trying to use her cries to keep track of her in the strange mist. "She hasn't run off like this since the first few times we met back home, something must really being going wrong here," he thinks to himself; doing his best to keep up the pace while avoiding branches.


But even with his experience traversing through forests, the rapidly approaching mists would eventually prove a bit much for him to handle. The pressure of the situation catches up to him, and he fumbles over a thick root jutting through the ground. He lets out a grunt as the loud thud of him hitting the ground notifies Naula. She stops running and heads back towards him, nuzzling his head to try to give him a Helping Hand back up before letting off a few cries and using her head to motion him along.

Smiling for the first time since the events that had just transpired, he swiftly jumps to his feet, and wipes the grime off his face before running off to catch up back with Naula.

"Heh, at least she seems to be keeping track of me as well, I wonder where she's trying to lead me," he wonders to himself. However, as he finishes his sentence, he quickly notices that the chattering from before seemed to be closing in on him. He quickens his pace, this time more confident that regardless of what was chasing him, both he and Naula would be able to handle once they reached whatever destination she was leading him off to.
 
New Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Zelphon: Hastily recovering from your brief tumble, you take up the chase once again, with Naula bobbing and weaving between the underbrush while leading you as best as she can. The encroaching fog was only beginning to thicken as you went, now resting comfortably at knee height - and this came with it's own trouble. As much as you try to remain surefooted, it is as if the surrounding trees are intentionally trying to sabotage you, the roots threatening to trip you with every thundering step. Finally though, Naula darts into a nearby bush, and as you hack your way through the greenery, you find yourself in a small copse.

Looking around, this place looks more sinister than your intended destination. On all sides, twisted oaks loom over you, suffocating in their haggard presence. The ground underfoot, insofar as you can see past the mist, is crumbling and barren. The air here feels physically dense, the atmosphere oppressive and foreboding. As you furtively survey these hostile surroundings, Naula begins to bark loudly, and you naturally follow her line of sight.

Breaking beyond the treeline was an eerie display - two pale, flickering orbs. The erratic way they dance with one another is mystifying, and for a moment you are locked in place, staring at the peculiar spectacle. However, you are jarringly yanked back to reality as you hear the whispers fray at the edge of your consciousness, this time more palpable to your senses.

"Leave ... Flee ... Escape ... Help."

The voice was simultaneously grating yet soothing, the discordant notes sending shivers throughout your body. It was clear that something strange was afoot, and Naula was getting more desperate in her frantic yips towards this entity.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
3

Zorchic- Finally free of the Barbaracle's embrace, you quickly retrieve some potions from your bag and use them to heal your Pokemon. They'd taken some powerful hits and you hadn't even made it out onto the lake yet! The potions relieve their pain slightly, but it was far from enough to completely heal them. Meanwhile, both of Heath's Pokemon were both in fairly good condition, having masterfully dispatched the Binacle before free you. Heath grabs his paddle board and the pair of you prepare to set off on the lake. Heath's Heliolisk stands at the point of his board, his Hariyama in the middle and he stood at the end. Hariyama would likely use its large hands to pull the board through the water. You step onto your board, at first you're a bit unsteady but when Lucario stands at the front of the board and Buizel stands at the end, you feel a bit better balanced.

"Let's get going then, shall we?" Heath motions for his Hariyama to start paddling. Its large, powerful hands easily pull the board through the water, carrying Heath forward at a steady pace. Suddenly your board starts to move. Turning, you notice that Buizel has laid himself off the back of the board, allowing his propeller like tails to spin through the water. "I know the boards are a bit unconventional", Heath explains, "but we've worked out that they're just small enough to avoid drawing too much attention and the lack of a motor means we can move quietly." You scan the lake's surface as you make your way across it. The water is rather choppy, which really tests your balance. Every now and again you hear a terrifying roar or a high pitched cry, each one different from the last. It was all a bit unsettling, but at least you hadn't run into anymore Pokemon?

"Stop", utters Heath, concern heavy in his tone. "Did you see that?"

See what? You look around, unsure what exactly you're looking for, but then you spot something. A spike protruding out of the water! And another! And another! And...... shit.......

You look and all around you, spikes are rising up out of the water, what could it be?!
 
Work from home, please!
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,889
Reaction score
1,712
Missingno. Master - Realizing you are outclassed at the moment, you recall your Shiny Toxapex, then decide on fighting fire with fire, sending out your Gengar, and commanding its Mega Evolution. Anion quickly rose like a magnet, heading straight for Kommo, then performing Acrobatics around it. Stewie did something similar, speeding towards Salamence with acute Agility, and then striking with a frosty Ice Punch.

Chuck finally Bulked Up, then threw an Ice Punch of his own. With the trio of attacks, the three Pokemon slowly dissipated into thin air, as if they were holograms, or a figment of your imagination!

A voice boomed through the entire cave, shaking the walls and pebbles on the ground trembling, saying, You have done well to pass your first test. But, this is only the beginning. Claim your reward.

You reach your hand forward, but out of nowhere, an odd sense of foreboding zips through your veins, as in you shouldn't dare touch the Z-Crystal.

Ahead of you, there are three separate passageways. One has moss all around it, and vines block the mouth of the cave, but can easily be brushed aside. The second seems bright and shiny, but looking through will see a sheer drop, into the rushing aquatic rapids below. The last cave is lined with glittering crystals, but unlike the cave you are already in, the crystals are not diamond-shaped, but spherical, with many colors inside.


What do you do?
 
Last edited:
Faster than a jet plane?
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
136
Zorchic- Finally free of the Barbaracle's embrace, you quickly retrieve some potions from your bag and use them to heal your Pokemon. They'd taken some powerful hits and you hadn't even made it out onto the lake yet! The potions relieve their pain slightly, but it was far from enough to completely heal them. Meanwhile, both of Heath's Pokemon were both in fairly good condition, having masterfully dispatched the Binacle before free you. Heath grabs his paddle board and the pair of you prepare to set off on the lake. Heath's Heliolisk stands at the point of his board, his Hariyama in the middle and he stood at the end. Hariyama would likely use its large hands to pull the board through the water. You step onto your board, at first you're a bit unsteady but when Lucario stands at the front of the board and Buizel stands at the end, you feel a bit better balanced.

"Let's get going then, shall we?" Heath motions for his Hariyama to start paddling. Its large, powerful hands easily pull the board through the water, carrying Heath forward at a steady pace. Suddenly your board starts to move. Turning, you notice that Buizel has laid himself off the back of the board, allowing his propeller like tails to spin through the water. "I know the boards are a bit unconventional", Heath explains, "but we've worked out that they're just small enough to avoid drawing too much attention and the lack of a motor means we can move quietly." You scan the lake's surface as you make your way across it. The water is rather choppy, which really tests your balance. Every now and again you hear a terrifying roar or a high pitched cry, each one different from the last. It was all a bit unsettling, but at least you hadn't run into anymore Pokemon?

"Stop", utters Heath, concern heavy in his tone. "Did you see that?"

See what? You look around, unsure what exactly you're looking for, but then you spot something. A spike protruding out of the water! And another! And another! And...... shit.......

You look and all around you, spikes are rising up out of the water, what could it be?!
Soon, the group was on the water. Buizel came up with the ingenious idea to use his tail to propel the board through the water, while Jake and Lucario watched their feet and made sure to keep their balance. The plethora of cries ringing out every now and then kept the group wary and on their guard for danger.

Suddenly, Heath warned everyone to look out for something. At first, Jake couldn't see anything, but it soon became clear. Spikes were popping up! The aspiring Aura Guardian racked his brain for spiky Pokémon and came up with Cloyster and Toxapex. These spikes could come from either of them.

"Stop, everyone, don't move," Jake whispered carefully. "Maybe they won't notice us if we stay still. We don't know if they're targeting us, it might be best to stop for a moment and see what these spikes will do."

Buizel nodded, getting the message, and ceased spinning his tail, soundlessly sliding his whole body onto the paddle board and pulling his tail out of the water. As Buizel got to his feet to have a better look around, Jake's paddle board came to a slow stop, while Lucario quietly crouched down in front, scanning the water with Foresight and getting ready to repel any attackers. The trainer glanced at Heath and motioned for him and his Pokémon to do the same, to stop moving forward with their boards.

Jake reached inside his pocket and fingered Starly and Frillish's Pokéballs, ready to send them out if the situation called for it. Right before they set out on the water, Jake had managed to recall Frillish for now, since there wouldn't be any room on the board for him, and he might draw unwanted attention if he floated over the water.
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master - Realizing you are outclassed at the moment, you recall your Shiny Toxapex, then decide on fighting fire with fire, sending out your Gengar, and commanding its Mega Evolution. Anion quickly rose like a magnet, heading straight for Kommo, then performing Acrobatics around it. Stewie did something similar, speeding towards Salamence with acute Agility, and then striking with a frosty Ice Punch.

Chuck finally Bulked Up, then threw an Ice Punch of his own. With the trio of attacks, the three Pokemon slowly dissipated into thin air, as if they were holograms, or a figment of your imagination!

A voice boomed through the entire cave, shaking the walls and pebbles on the ground trembling, saying, You have done well to pass your first test. But, this is only the beginning. Claim your reward.

You reach your hand forward, but out of nowhere, an odd sense of foreboding zips through your veins, as in you shouldn't dare touch the Z-Crystal.

Ahead of you, there are three separate passageways. One has moss all around it, and vines block the mouth of the cave, but can easily be brushed aside. The second seems bright and shiny, but looking through will see a sheer drop, into the rushing aquatic rapids below. The last cave is lined with glittering crystals, but unlike the cave you are already in, the crystals are not diamond-shaped, but spherical, with many colors inside.


What do you do?
Keith grinned with confidence renewed as his Pokémon went in to attack, Anion targeting Kommo-o with a super effective Flying move, Stewie unleashing a forceful Ice Punch upon the Mega Salamence, and Chuck, Mega Evolved, also going for an Ice Punch on the Druddigon. Keith expected these to land forceful hits that would turn the tide of the battle. What he didn't expect was for these attacks to make the targets outright disappear! "Wat da-?!" Meowth exclaimed.

"What just happened?!" Keith said at the same time as Meowth's outburst.

As if in response, a booming voice echoed throughout the cave, congratulating Keith on passing his first test, but warning him that it was just the beginning. It then invited him to claim his reward. However, as Keith reached for the Z-Crystal, he shuddered. "Wat is it?" Meowth asked.

"Ugggh... I dunno," Keith admitted, pulling his hand back. "It's... it's like I... I dunno, there's this weird feeling. Like... Like I shouldn't touch that Z-Crystal for some reason."

"Dat don't make no sense ta me," Meowth remarked. "But if yer sure enough dat yer gonna pass up a Z-Crystal, youse must really mean business."

"Glad you understand," Keith nodded. Instead of focusing on the Z-Crystal, he instead looked at the way forward. Or... ways. Plural. There were three possible paths. One was overgrown with moss, and the entrance was covered in vines. Easily brushed aside, though, Keith figured. Nothing seemed too particularly dangerous about that. The next one was a bit harder to see, with an interior bright and shiny enough that Keith didn't even need to look to his side to see that Meowth was entranced by it. However, Keith snapped his fingers in Meowth's face, breaking the trance. "Look past the shininess," Keith advised the Normal-type.

"Wat do ya- oh. Ohhhh, "Meowth murmured, seeing what Keith saw- namely, the sudden sheer drop that sounded like it led right into the rapids. Keith chuckled as the Scratch Cat Pokémon looked determinedly away- Meowth hated getting wet. "Alright, so, dat leaves, wat?"

"That one with the moss and the vines and that one with the multicolored... spherical... gemstones?" Keith murmured, realizing what he was potentially seeing. "You thinking what I'm thinking, Meowth?"

"Dat dey's spherical?" Meowth replied.

"Very much so," Keith nodded. "Now, when you think multicolored spherical gemstones, there anything in particular that comes to mind?"

"Mega Stones," Meowth responded almost immediatel.

"Damn right," Keith nodded. "I think, therefore, you know which way we're going."

Chuck, Stewie, and Anion approached Keith, the Gengar no longer Mega Evolved. "Mega Stones, hmm?" remarked the Gengar. "Well, obviously they're no concern of mine, but I know a few teammates of mine who would be quite interested."

"Heh, don't I know it," Keith grinned. "Chuck, Anion, Stewie, nice work, all of you," he added.

"But of course," the Gengar grinned back.

"Mai mai!" Anion declared proudly.

"Ledian!" grinned Stewie.

"Alright, then, Chuck, Anion, take a good rest," Keith added, producing Chuck's Poké Ball and Anion's Fast Ball. "Stewie, you still good to go, just in case? We don't know what else lies ahead."

"Ledi," nodded Stewie.

While Chuck went back into his ball without fuss, Anion wasn't planning on doing likewise. The Minun deftly dodged the recall beam, then climbed up Keith's clothing, coming to rest on his previously unoccupied shoulder, the one Meowth wasn't occupying. "Mai mai, mai mai!" she declared.

Keith chuckled. He knew by this point that there really was no forcing Anion to do what she didn't want to do. "Fair enough, all right," he conceded. "Just keep a sharp eye out, alright? We don't know what we're up against next."

"Maiiiiiinun!" Anion nodded. With this agreed upon, Stewie led the way on to the passageway lined with multicolored spherical gemstones. Keith followed close behind, his Meowth and Minun on his shoulders.
 
Work from home, please!
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,889
Reaction score
1,712
Missingno. Master - After assessing the trio of cave passageways, you decide on the glittering stones, recalling your Gengar, you proceed down the earthen corridor. The rocks are jagged, jutting out at all sides, clearly requiring a careful person to traverse. The stones embedded in the cave walls glittered, providing miniscule light. The corridor is rather short, and, upon reaching the end, you feel the rumble again, this time much more than before, your feet shaking, then you hear the voice again.

You chose this cave despite all the dangers in it? You have proven yourself once more. Let your test begin.

Right as the voice finished speaking, three stones began to shine, outdoing the ones around it. One stone was pure white, with red and white stripes, the next blue, with pink and yellow stripes, and the last one pink, with cream and red stripes.

Go ahead! Pick one!

As you reach your hand out, the sense of foreboding that came from the Z-Crystal returns, yet stronger this time, despite the beckoning sense of the disembodied voice.

Maybe this was all a trick?
Maybe this was a test of greed?
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master - After assessing the trio of cave passageways, you decide on the glittering stones, recalling your Gengar, you proceed down the earthen corridor. The rocks are jagged, jutting out at all sides, clearly requiring a careful person to traverse. The stones embedded in the cave walls glittered, providing miniscule light. The corridor is rather short, and, upon reaching the end, you feel the rumble again, this time much more than before, your feet shaking, then you hear the voice again.

You chose this cave despite all the dangers in it? You have proven yourself once more. Let your test begin.

Right as the voice finished speaking, three stones began to shine, outdoing the ones around it. One stone was pure white, with red and white stripes, the next blue, with pink and yellow stripes, and the last one pink, with cream and red stripes.

Go ahead! Pick one!

As you reach your hand out, the sense of foreboding that came from the Z-Crystal returns, yet stronger this time, despite the beckoning sense of the disembodied voice.

Maybe this was all a trick?
Maybe this was a test of greed?
There was that voice again! As Keith had made it through the corridor full of glittering stones (which were a lot more jagged than Keith had initially believed), that booming voice echoed throughout the cave, commending him on picking such a dangerous cave. The test, it seemed, was to begin.

And begin it did! A trio of stones started to shine before Keith, each with a differing color scheme. One was pure white with red and white stripes; one was blue with pink and yellow stripes; and the last was pink with cream and red stripes.

"Are dey... Mega Stones?" Meowth breathed.

"Maiiiinun," Anion murmured wonderingly.

"Lediiii," Stewie added, admiring the spherical stones.

"It seems like it," Keith replied in a hushed tone." He reached his hand out, but almost immediately pulled it back- there it was again, that sense of foreboding of unknown origin, the same as he'd felt when reaching for the Z-Crystal! What was this?! "Gah," he murmured. "I'm feeling it again, Meowth... something's telling me I shouldn't touch any of these."

"Oh, fer cryin' out loud, den wat is ya supposed ta do?!" Meowth exclaimed in exasperation.

"I dunno, but it can't involve touching one of those stones," Keith stated firmly.

"Well, apparently ya gotta," Meowth stated. "Da voice said pick one."

"Yeah..." Keith murmured. "That is what the voice said, isn't it? Pick one. Pick one. Didn't say I had to touch one, just that I had to select one."

"Ohh, I see wat yer gettin' at," Meowth purred. "Alright. Dat makes sense."

Keith turned to his Minun and Ledian for their opinions. Anion shrugged and nodded, while Stewie simply nodded. And that was good enough for Keith. He reached out with his hand yet again, but this time not to touch one of the stones, but rather to point at one. Specifically, the blue one with the pink and yellow stripes. "I pick this one," Keith stated, hoping the voice would respond to this. Hoping even more that said response wouldn't screw them all.
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
2
Faiyaa- This would take timing. Pickle was a ticking time bomb, if she could tank one more barrage of attacks, she'd be able to fire off a tremendous amount of energy. Sure enough the Clawitzer target her once more, taking aim they fire a pair of Dragon Pulses. Pickle braces for impact, this was going to hurt. The Dragon Pulses, converge hammering the little green Pyukumuku, but the Clawitzer fail to realise they've made a tremendous mistake. Triton whips up another Whirlpool, catching the pair of them and holding them in place. Meanwhile, the energy surrounding Pickle has begun to condense, a large orb forming at her mouth. Wielding power she never thought she would hold, she takes aim and unleashes a beam of startling power. The bright white beam tears through the water, enveloping the two Clawitzer. Triton U-turns back to Pickle's side and the pair watch as the Clawitzer sink down towards the seafloor, unconscious. Despite all odds, the pair had managed to overcome their opponents. There was only one issue, Triton was still poisoned. Not for long though! As the Wishiwashi relinquishes his schooled form, Pickle floats over to him. Attaching herself to the Wishiwashi, Pickle drains the poison from his system, using it to heal herself of the damage the Clawitzer had inflicted.

Triton gained 3 levels
Pickle gained 3 levels


The path into the temple was now clear, you had a way to get to the Primarina and Popplio now. That said, where was Marian? You notice a glow behind you, spinning around, you see Apollo is swimming towards you, alone. The Lanturn must have searched for Marian and decided to return to you when he couldn't find you.
Gary watched with anticipation as Pickle pulled off the strategy to perfection. The Pyukumuku continued to absorb the Clawitzers’ Dragon Pulse attacks and once she was ready, unleashed hell upon the crustaceans with the help of Triton’s Whirlpools holding them in place. The retaliatory damage was more than the Clawitzers could handle, and the pair of the quietly slumped to the bottom of the ocean floor, unconscious. “Great job, guys! I’m proud of you both!” Gary cheered with excitement, happy to witness both of their debut battles as victories. As Pickle cured Triton of his poison, her Purify recovering back some of her lost health in the process, Gary returned the Pyukumuku and Wishiwashi back to their Pokeballs. “I think the two of you deserve a little rest.”

As he did so, Gary noticed an increasingly bright light approaching him. It was none other than Apollo, but the Lanturn was alone. “Couldn’t find Marina, huh?” he asked, rubbing the Lanturn on the top of the head. “I hope she’s alright, but we don’t have much time left to keep waiting for her. Let’s hurry up and save this Popplio and then get back to Marina as soon as possible. Come on, follow me.” Gary peered into the ruins. It was dark, but having a living flashlight at his side would help make it easier to find his way. Gary also knew better than to go alone in a potentially dangerous underwater area, so he relied on Apollo to have his back.
 
Work from home, please!
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,889
Reaction score
1,712
Missingno. Master - Quickly thinking, you decide that you can just point at one, instead of touching it. As you point out a finger towards the blue one, the voice booms through the cave again, this time more reserved and quiet.

You are smarter than I expected. Tell me, why did you come here? For fame? Gifts? Any humans who came her were fueled by greed, and I hope a great trainer such as yourself is an exception to that.

As the voice stopped talking, your attention is drawn back to the Mega Stones. The other two, the Scizorite and Audinite, seemed to melt! The color dripped off of them, slowly collecting into puddles on the floor. The pair of puddles slowly rose, forming the figures of the two Pokemon in their Mega Forms. The third stone, the one you picked, is quickly "swallowed" by the cave wall, the earthen wall covering it up entirely.

Test your strength once more. Meanwhile, you will be subjected to my other tests, not just requiring physical strength, but mental as well.

Scizor repeatedly snapped its two pincers, as they gained a metallic sheen, as it prepared a Bullet Punch, which was sure to hit very hard, as Mega Scizors are always known as great Technicians. Audino sang a discordant cacophony, using her Hyper Voice, directing the sound waves towards the formerly Shadow Ledian in front of her.


Since Mask has departed from FB, I'll be picking up TKF.

TheKnightsFury: After realizing your Pokemon and bag were gone, you pound on the door with the bottles around you, smashing them will spilling swears left and right at whoever could've been at the other side of the door. Your head still aches at the blow, but it wasn't too bad. You were in the bar's storeroom, that was for sure, but how would you get out? Maybe through the windows? Looking up, you see a window, it was cracked, but not broken. The Exploud's blast hadn't affected the storeroom's window. Crates were stacked about, one in a tall stack close to the window. Beams of light shot from the opening, so there was definitely more to it.

As you are contemplating your escape, you hear a knock on the door. Dashing towards it, you look into the peep-hole, seeing a short steward on the other side. He was holding some sort of basket in his left hand, and there was a shiny object in his right. There was a green Pokemon beside him, clearly his partner. The steward, dropping the basket, held up the shiny object. It was a key! He quietly unlocked the door, and rushed inside, along with the basket, and his Pokemon, which was a Lotad.

He quickly locked the door, then handed you the basket. Swishing the cloth atop it aside, you find a Pokeball inside, and a bunch of berries.
"You've gotta be quiet, okay? The bartenders will kill me if they know I'm here. I was only able to save your Grookey." he said, pointing towards the Pokeball sitting at the bottom of the basket.

"You might want to feed your Grookey too, they did some, uh, terrible things to him to force him into his Pokeball." the steward whispered. "The name's Jeffrey."
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master - Quickly thinking, you decide that you can just point at one, instead of touching it. As you point out a finger towards the blue one, the voice booms through the cave again, this time more reserved and quiet.

You are smarter than I expected. Tell me, why did you come here? For fame? Gifts? Any humans who came her were fueled by greed, and I hope a great trainer such as yourself is an exception to that.

As the voice stopped talking, your attention is drawn back to the Mega Stones. The other two, the Scizorite and Audinite, seemed to melt! The color dripped off of them, slowly collecting into puddles on the floor. The pair of puddles slowly rose, forming the figures of the two Pokemon in their Mega Forms. The third stone, the one you picked, is quickly "swallowed" by the cave wall, the earthen wall covering it up entirely.

Test your strength once more. Meanwhile, you will be subjected to my other tests, not just requiring physical strength, but mental as well.

Scizor repeatedly snapped its two pincers, as they gained a metallic sheen, as it prepared a Bullet Punch, which was sure to hit very hard, as Mega Scizors are always known as great Technicians. Audino sang a discordant cacophony, using her Hyper Voice, directing the sound waves towards the Shadow Ledian in front of her.
OOC: Just a minor note, that's former Shadow Ledian. That part of Stewie's life is firmly behind him.

As it turned out, Keith picking apart the possible meanings of "pick one" was the right move to make. The voice sounded, albeit quieter than before, commending Keith on his intelligence. The voice then inquired as to why Keith had come here in the first place.

And Keith had to think about that. Part of him wanted to find out if this cave and its legends of powerful Pokémon had any connection to Pokémon like Missingno. Not even for any sort of personal gain- this sort of thing was simply of great personal interest to him. Another part of him wanted to come here for the chance to prove his strength as a Trainer, something he seldom, if ever, passed up an opportunity to do. Truthfully, any sort of personal gain (beyond maybe helping his Pokémon get even stronger, if one could even count that) simply hadn't occurred to him.

He said nothing for the moment, but as the voice expressed a hope that a great Trainer such as him would not be fueled by greed, he nodded. But if he was about to add anything more verbal to that response, he didn't get his chance- the Mega Stones before him melted away! Well, two of them did- the one he'd picked, was seemingly swallowed into the cave wall, while the other two melted into weird puddles on the floor. And then from those puddles formed a pair of Pokémon, likely the ones corresponding to whatever Mega Stones they were. A connection made all the more clear by the fact that they were both Mega Evolved!

Keith grinned as the voice invited him to test his strength once more, and added that he would be subjected to other tests as well. "I'm more than up for the challenge," Keith stated. "Mega Scizor and Mega Audino, hmm?" he remarked, sizing up the pair of powerful opponents.

Anion stood up on Keith's shoulder. "Mai mai!" she declared.

"Hold on there, Anion," Keith said quickly, plucking a Poké Ball off his belt. "I want this guy to get in on the action. Don't worry- I'm more than willing to bet you'll get your chance later on," he grinned.

"Mai..." grumbled Anion, but the Minun obligingly stayed put.

Keith nodded. "Thank you," he stated. "Alrighty, then!" he added, clicking the button to bring the ball to full size, before throwing it forward. "Dennis, let's go!" he declared.

In a flash of light, the ball burst open, and a big, bulky creature materialized with a magnificent flower on his back. "SAAAAAAAUR!" roared the Venusaur.

"Led ledi!" Stewie exclaimed. He'd been quick to try and set up a Light Screen before the Hyper Voice hit, and whether or not he'd managed to do so in time, he'd made the effort nonetheless. And seeing Dennis being sent out, the Ledian knew who he was almost certainly going to go up against, and thus turned to the Mega Scizor who was readying a Bullet Punch.

"Let's do it!" Keith declared. "Stewie, use Swords Dance, and follow up with Fire Punch! Dennis, you take the Audino! Use Toxic, then Venoshock, and follow up with Shadow Storm!"

"Ledian!"

"Venusaaaaur!"
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
3
TheKnightsFury: After realizing your Pokemon and bag were gone, you pound on the door with the bottles around you, smashing them will spilling swears left and right at whoever could've been at the other side of the door. Your head still aches at the blow, but it wasn't too bad. You were in the bar's storeroom, that was for sure, but how would you get out? Maybe through the windows? Looking up, you see a window, it was cracked, but not broken. The Exploud's blast hadn't affected the storeroom's window. Crates were stacked about, one in a tall stack close to the window. Beams of light shot from the opening, so there was definitely more to it.

As you are contemplating your escape, you hear a knock on the door. Dashing towards it, you look into the peep-hole, seeing a short steward on the other side. He was holding some sort of basket in his left hand, and there was a shiny object in his right. There was a green Pokemon beside him, clearly his partner. The steward, dropping the basket, held up the shiny object. It was a key! He quietly unlocked the door, and rushed inside, along with the basket, and his Pokemon, which was a Lotad.

He quickly locked the door, then handed you the basket. Swishing the cloth atop it aside, you find a Pokeball inside, and a bunch of berries.
"You've gotta be quiet, okay? The bartenders will kill me if they know I'm here. I was only able to save your Grookey." he said, pointing towards the Pokeball sitting at the bottom of the basket.

"You might want to feed your Grookey too, they did some, uh, terrible things to him to force him into his Pokeball." the steward whispered. "The name's Jeffrey."

Xander's rage settles slightly and he begins to take in his surroundings. There had to be another way out of this storeroom. A beam of light slipped between a tower of stacked crates, a window! From what he could tell, the window was cracked, but not broken. If he could move some of the crates and use others as a makeshift staircase, he might be able to scramble out. But what about his Pokemon? Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Xander watched through the peep-hole as an older man retrieved a key, unlocking the door. Xander resisted the urge to barge past him, something told him this guy was here to help.

The steward urged him to be quiet and quickly revealed Grookey, who had been forced into his ball. Xander resisted the urge to erupt once more when the steward spoke of terrible things, someone was going to pay dearly. Xander quickly released Grookey from his ball. "Are you okay little buddy? They didn't hurt you too much? Help yourself to these berries, then we've got to go find Toxtricity." Xander turned away from the Galarian starter for a moment and focused on Jeffrey. "My name is Xander, why are you helping me? None of this is my fault, it was that drunk who smashed the windows, not us. Thanks for bringing my Grookey, do you know where my Toxtricity and the rest of my stuff is? Won't you get in trouble for helping me? I'm assuming you're not going to let me just walk out the door....."
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
251
Reaction score
3

Zorchic- Upon seeing the sea of horns emerge from beneath the water, you begin to rack your brain. Could they be Cloysters? Toxapex even? Regardless of what they might be, you needed to try and get through this without too much conflict, you had to preserve your strength for the King. You signal for everyone to remain still and quiet. Maybe if you did so for long enough, they would leave. It is a tension filled couple of minutes, you and Heath exchange looks regularly, unsure whether an attack is imminent or not. You watch as the horns suddenly start to submerge, had you manged to avoid them? You're about to take a sigh of relief, when suddenly an even bigger horn erupts from the water! It doesn't stop at the horn though, the entire Pokemon emerges, revealing itself to be a Seaking! Not just any old Seaking though, this one was massive! This Seaking was easily bigger than a Wailmer and it didn't exactly look happy to see you.....

KINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Brandishing its horn, the Seaking charges straight for Heath's board! Thankfully Hariyama reacts quickly, and steers the board out of the Seaking's path. Acting out of reflex, Heliolisk fires a Thunderbolt at the Seaking, hoping to make it think twice before charging again. The Thunderbolt is on target, until at the last moment it is drawn towards the Seaking's horn! The horn acts like a Lightning Rod, drawing in the attack and boosting the Seaking with the energy from the attack! Now even more of a threat, the Seaking sets its sight on a new target. You. Its glowing red eyes stare straight at you, it wouldn't be holding back.


Faiyaa- Recalling Triton and Pickle into their balls, you decide there was no point in waiting around for Marina. That Popplio need attention, you couldn't delay. Apollo sticks close to you, illuminating the path ahead as you swim into the temple. Despite being submerged, the temple seemed to be in fantastic condition. You'd expect it to be deteriorated from the saltwater, but it seemed oddly preserved. You're thankful that the path doesn't seem to through any curve balls at you. No split hallways, no reason to make a decision to go left or right. You notice Apollo pause as you pass by a motif carved into the wall. Curiosity takes hold and you give it a once over. It seemed to depict a human, or was it a Pokemon? Some of the figures were definitely people, some were definitely Pokemon, yet others seemed to be a strange mix? You'd already wasted enough time. You continue through the hallway, but after a while you notice that a current has started to pull on you. It gets stronger as you continue and by the time you find the source, it is already too late.....

The source of the current is something strange. It seems like an odd mix of a whirlpool and a portal? Apollo and yourself do your best to avoid getting drawn in, but despite your best efforts, you find yourself inching closer and closer to the whirling portal. Suddenly you're pulled in. The sensation can only be described as being put through a washing machine. Your senses are scrambled and by the time you come to, you find yourself in a chamber. Apollo sits in a pool of water next to you, the room is well lit, but not from the Lanturn. Mystical lights glitter across the ceiling. In the far corner of the chamber you spot the Primarina, cradling the Popplio in its arms. The Shiny Pokemon growls at you, it doesn't seem pleased to see you at all.
 
Work from home, please!
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,889
Reaction score
1,712
(I fixed it)
Missingno. Master - After accessing the situation, you send out a third Pokemon, telling your Minun to stay behind. This was your Venusaur, Dennis. Stewie had tried a Light Screen, but it was futile in the end, as Audino's Hyper Voice was hyper-discordant. Stewie, following your commands, stood, or, well, flew, in place, swords materializing around it, dancing in a co-ordinated set of moves, powering up Stewie's attack. Scizor quickly went in for its attack, lunging forward, clashing with Stewie's Fire Punch. They struggled for a few moments, before Stewie was overpowered by the Mega Scizor, who, after pushing Stewie's fist aside, made a quick swipe across his face. Audino took the Toxic, but seemed to not be affected by it at all! Mega Audino were potent Healers! Therefore, Venoshock was weaker than likely intended, but it still did some decent damage as it was a super effective move. Venusaur then shot off a Shadow Storm, but it was neutralized by Mega Audino's Blizzard. The two wind-based moves clashed, canceling each other out, but since one was coming from a Mega Evolved Pokemon, and the other coming from a non-Shadow Pokemon, the Blizzard slightly prevailed over the other, although all it did was just pelt Venusaur with ice crystals. Audino then went for a Psyshock, levitating tiny pebbles, then making them plummet towards Venusaur.

So you are not fueled by pride? That is good. You must win this battle to claim your prize, and there will be even tougher battles to come, young Trainer, so do not let yourself relax.


TheKnightsFury - "I'm helping you because I'm not pig-headed like those ones. I understand what happened, but I was afraid of speaking up, as its not exactly very fun trying to convince an angry mob of partially drunk people. Also, if you just blatantly walk out the door, Xander, they'll tie you up, and probably force you to drink Rattata poison. And they'll just shoot me, so I advise we plan our next moves." Jeffrey pulled out a piece of paper from his apron pocket, then spread it out on the floor. The paper was dirty, stains everywhere, and the corners were yellowing. Clearly this piece of paper was old."

"This is the layout plan of the bar. It shows the air vent systems, all the windows and doors, and everything you'll need to escape." Jeffrey then focused his look on a large rectangle on one corner of the paper, as his hand slid towards it. "That's where your stuff is being held. Your Toxtricity fought back against them, so they chained him up. They stole stuff from your bag, but I was able to convince them to leave it alone, so they just took 4 of your Sitrus Berries and your Revive. I saw them bargaining over them, so you're most likely not getting those back." Jeffrey then pointed to the window you had seen before.

"Lotad here knows Grass Knot, so he can make some vines for us to climb on if we can't move those crates. Once we get to the window, we'll need to crawl through, then we can head through the air vents. The room up there is under lock and key, and I have the only key, so it should be empty. Once we get into the air vent, we can crawl through them and rescue your Toxtricity. Be prepared for a tight squeeze though."
 
Faster than a jet plane?
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
424
Reaction score
136
Zorchic- Upon seeing the sea of horns emerge from beneath the water, you begin to rack your brain. Could they be Cloysters? Toxapex even? Regardless of what they might be, you needed to try and get through this without too much conflict, you had to preserve your strength for the King. You signal for everyone to remain still and quiet. Maybe if you did so for long enough, they would leave. It is a tension filled couple of minutes, you and Heath exchange looks regularly, unsure whether an attack is imminent or not. You watch as the horns suddenly start to submerge, had you manged to avoid them? You're about to take a sigh of relief, when suddenly an even bigger horn erupts from the water! It doesn't stop at the horn though, the entire Pokemon emerges, revealing itself to be a Seaking! Not just any old Seaking though, this one was massive! This Seaking was easily bigger than a Wailmer and it didn't exactly look happy to see you.....

KINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

Brandishing its horn, the Seaking charges straight for Heath's board! Thankfully Hariyama reacts quickly, and steers the board out of the Seaking's path. Acting out of reflex, Heliolisk fires a Thunderbolt at the Seaking, hoping to make it think twice before charging again. The Thunderbolt is on target, until at the last moment it is drawn towards the Seaking's horn! The horn acts like a Lightning Rod, drawing in the attack and boosting the Seaking with the energy from the attack! Now even more of a threat, the Seaking sets its sight on a new target. You. Its glowing red eyes stare straight at you, it wouldn't be holding back.
To everyone's relief, after a few tense moments, the spikes sunk under the water, seemingly leaving the group alone. Not for long, though...a Pokémon with a bigger horn surfaced and charged at Heath's board. Though Heath's Hariyama steered the board away and avoided the attack, Heliolisk launched a Thunderbolt on impulse, which only got absorbed by the Seaking's Lightning Rod Ability.

Wait, a Seaking? Jake hadn't thought of it because it only had one horn, not unlike a Ponyta or Rapidash. Could this be the King of the Lake, by chance? If that was the case, then why were its eyes a sinister red? King or no King, Jake had to calm down the Water-type.

"Hey!" Jake called to the Seaking as it faced him. The trainer motioned to Lucario as he called to the lake-influenced Seaking. "Hold up! Are you the King of the Lake?"
Lucario used his telepathy to convey those exact words as well, simultaneously. Maybe it would knock the horned Pokémon to its senses if someone sent words directly to its brain.

Jake needed Buizel to be ready for action. "Put your tail in the water," he instructed. "We have to be ready to make evasive maneuvers if needed." Buizel nodded and got down on his belly again, sliding back on the board so that his tail was in the water and ready to propel Jake's board.

Jake gave Lucario, who was in front of him, a silent command via aura. If the Seaking attacks, first fire off an Aura Sphere and aim for the face! If that doesn't stop it, stand your ground and Counter any physical attacks it might use. If it uses more special attacks, add on to the Aura Sphere with Dragon Pulse. The trainer added to Heath, "Help me out if you can!"
 
Last edited:
Top