• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Biggggg5

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
THE ARCANE REALM

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..." Nyx Avatar (Persona 3)

Once a simple place where new trainers were sent to learn the basics of adventuring, with the vast changes to Fizzytopia the Arcane Realm seemed to have faded from existence. Though gone, it was never forgotten by the bitter trainers who were forced into spending what felt like years in that simplistic place. A place where no growth was truly given, and only stagnation existed. Yet, when the realm disappeared, all were freed from their restraints and truly allowed to begin anew.

Now, it seems that the Arcane Realm has resurfaced in Fizzytopia. Showing up where the old Arcane Realm use to be, this new one is vastly different then the one that the denizens of Fizzytopia are use to. Now truly a place of magic and mystery, it says the very land itself is influenced by the “cards”/ What these cards are, and what they refer to nobody particularly knows. The only thing that is certain, though, is that this Arcane Realm is teeming with life, and has infinite possibilities for adventure.

The Land of Cups
XX. Meadow of Judgement - Named for being one of the places where heretics and traitors were tried, the meadow has now grown out from that purpose and is a large place of life for small critters and flowers. The beautiful flowers provide food and shelter for a variety of Pokemon living there, and the feeling of magic is strong here. Mages can often be found here practicing their craft due to the large, powerful leyline within the Meadow. It is also said by the religious sect of the Arcane Realm is that this is where Judgement Day will commence, and all of the flowers here symbolize a soul that will be saved.
"I cant believe we are almost done," Big says out loud, mostly to himself, but also to his closest companion he has walking with him, his charmeleon Hotstuff. "Yeah, I hear ya boss," The fire pokemon replies in his own tongue. "I'm not sure what you think we are gonna find here though. This place feels too peaceful." Big shrugs. "I dunno. Something about 'Judgement' seems to be calling to me for one of our last companions." He replies. "Besides, I hear that they attracted to sweet smelling things and this is one of the sweetest smelling places we've visited in Fizzytopia." The Charmeleon raises his tail above his head so it does not catch the patch of flowers they pass through. "It certainly smells better than the rocket lab we went to." The fire type sighs. "You haven't steered us wrong yet right?" He gives his trainer a cheeky grin. Big rolls his eyes back but grins as well. "Except for the one time we went back in time only to get jolted back to the present." "Well, I guess we can chalk that one up to not your fault." Hotstuff chuckles. Big nods back. "Alright, well..." He looks around the meadow. "I don't see anything yet. You'd think in a meadow it would be easier to spot the things you are looking for," He pulls out a ball with red cybernetic markings all along the outside. "Either way it will be good training for our newest member I think." He says and they continue on their search.
 

Enigmatic Professor

Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
"I cant believe we are almost done," Big says out loud, mostly to himself, but also to his closest companion he has walking with him, his charmeleon Hotstuff. "Yeah, I hear ya boss," The fire pokemon replies in his own tongue. "I'm not sure what you think we are gonna find here though. This place feels too peaceful." Big shrugs. "I dunno. Something about 'Judgement' seems to be calling to me for one of our last companions." He replies. "Besides, I hear that they attracted to sweet smelling things and this is one of the sweetest smelling places we've visited in Fizzytopia." The Charmeleon raises his tail above his head so it does not catch the patch of flowers they pass through. "It certainly smells better than the rocket lab we went to." The fire type sighs. "You haven't steered us wrong yet right?" He gives his trainer a cheeky grin. Big rolls his eyes back but grins as well. "Except for the one time we went back in time only to get jolted back to the present." "Well, I guess we can chalk that one up to not your fault." Hotstuff chuckles. Big nods back. "Alright, well..." He looks around the meadow. "I don't see anything yet. You'd think in a meadow it would be easier to spot the things you are looking for," He pulls out a ball with red cybernetic markings all along the outside. "Either way it will be good training for our newest member I think." He says and they continue on their search.

You and your Charmeleon came to the Meadow of Judgement to look for something, Perhaps a new adventure, perhaps just to train a member that was recently added to your team. Either way, you were here, and you could feel the thrum of an old power. An Ancient power.
Elsewhere in the world, this power was only thought to be a myth, a fake. Something that fools the mind and the eyes.

But what most do not know that it isn't fake. It is very much real and very much powerful. But, you do not know that yet. You only know that you could feel something in the air. Something in the ground. And it vitalized you, made you more energetic and happy.

The more you walked into the meadow, the more pokemon you saw roaming around, and also, a few other people showed up.
These people did and yet didn't look like they were trainers.

Some had pokeball's on their belts, others had a pokemon following behind or beside them.
Perhaps you could ask for a sparring partner?

But before you could ask someone, something was shouted at you

"Rigescnt indutae duobus vestrum!"
And you were suddenly stuck in place. You could hear and still see, but you could not speak or move.

What, or Who did that!!?
"Why would you do that Elione?!? Regelo."

And with that word, you were freed and able to speak and move.
"I am sincerely sorry about that, My PUPIL here has no manners."
A woman voice spoke, and she had grey-streaked hair, Following alongside her was a younger looking teenager.

The teen mumbled something under his breath which you could not hear.
What will you say?
 

Liltwick

Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Astre-

At this point, there was still a chance to turn back. Though, how could you? You needed this more than anything. All the guilt and remorse would soon melt away into sweet bliss. Sure, it was selfish, and after it was done you hoped you'd be forgiven. But, for now, this was all you needed. You took a drag of your cigarette as you continued to walk through this playground, feeling memories of your time on the street tug at your mind.

Your heart was broken into pieces, the love of your life only came back to use you. Sure, there was still Vinny, and you hoped that you would be able to atone to her after you were done here, but besides that you were basically a dead man walking back to destruction. The sweet whisper of temptation clouded your mind. The cigarette on your lips wouldn't be enough at this rate. After all, if it was you wouldn't even be here.

You take a step forward, despite your Leafeon's pleas. Those who lined the street only lived to feel the only way they knew how. Money was nothing to them but a means to an end. A means to an end... Kyle could've fulfilled that role. But he abandoned you, again, and again, and again. Even now you felt you were hearing him. Telling you to stop. Yet he wasn't there. It was the part of you that didn't want to go back to this life. There was still the option.

While contemplating your next action, you felt someone brush against you. A small, hooded figure with no discernible details. They just kept walking, but you could hear a small giggle as they did. Checking your pockets, you could feel the rest of your cigarettes gone. By the time you notice, they break out into sprint while giggling even louder. Pickpockets were common, but there was something off about it. There felt a slight urge to follow it for some reason.

What do you do?

Mask-


There was only one reason you were here, to gleam knowledge from the texts within this cathedral. You cared not for the nuns' charity, just for what they kept watch over. This cathedral was nothing more than a well of knowledge for you. The history within was priceless, after all, to find the beasts you desire to hunt. Nothing else quite gave that thrill for you after all. Regular trainers were nothing but bothersome insects, and just as easily crushed. Your talent would only dull on them, after all.

You enter the cathedral, your Absol in tow. Named after the tenth Major Arcana, you saw her as a harbinger of destruction. Though the wheel was more than favorable luck, it was cycles of good and bad. The time between targets proved that, so hopefully lady luck would smile down on you here. If not, that would just be how it was fated to be, after all.

As you pass through the doors, you can notice a certain... chill... in the air. The place seemed barren, with only a few patrons sitting at the benches in prayer. The place was certainly ornate, with various idols on stands and a large, stained glass depiction of the High Priestess on the far wall, filling the entire room with colored light. At the stand underneath was an older nun, giving a small sermon to those who were praying before her. She takes notice of you, but pays no head as she continued to deliver her words.

Scanning the walls, you don't find anything texts at all. It was all paintings and relics. There was a confessional, but there would really be no point in confessing your sins in a place like this. There was knowledge here, just not so readily available for the public eye. Seemed the only options were to inspect things further, or wait for the nun to finish her sermon.

What do you do?
 

Mana Opal

New Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Mana Opal
The darkness had just begun to creep through the trees of the forest as you entered the Chariot Inn, finding the place wasn't as hard as one may assume --- especially with the help of a psychic companion. As you entered the Inn, you noticed all sorts of people around the entranceway. Travelers, soldiers, even a bard or two. You couldn't help but feel a sense of wonder from being within such a bustling location.

"Oi!" A cheerful voice called out to you, causing you to turn your head towards the main counter of the building. A thin woman stands behind the counter, a large warm smile plastered upon her face. "Are you looking for a room?" She asks as you slowly approach the counter. "Not to worry! We always have lots of vacancy here at the Chariot Inn!" The line sounds rehearsed, a somewhat forced line that drags across the woman's lips like she's been forced to say it numerous times. She hands you a room key, it's wooden and very worn down. The card attached to the key reads "VII". You begin to walk away before the woman quickly grabs your attention again.

"Oh! Youngin'! Please don't enter the forest again at night... there should be no reason to leave the Inn once the darkness creeps in. Bad things befall those foolish enough to do so." Her face is grim as she speaks, but it suddenly perks up when she says her next line. "Enjoy your stay!" Again, rehearsed and somewhat robotic. You couldn't quite shake the feeling that there was something... off about the attendant.

You shrugged, taking the key and looking around. You had the option to try and strike up a conversation with the grizzled soldier that was hunched over a table, or the meek looking bard that stood by the fireplace. Or you could just head up to your room...


What do you do?

The Chariot Inn certainly lived up to its reputation as one of the most popular resting points in the area- it was pretty full of people even this early into the night! Of course, the air of the place was way different from that which typically surrounded urban hotels; how often do the travelers provide the live music themselves at such stuffy establishments? That alone made quite the difference, yet alone the rest of it!

What was the same, on the other hand, was the oddly stiff receptionist. There was little need to be so uptight this far out from polite society, yet that's precisely how this lady acted. Was it perhaps some sort of trick? She was too chatty to be a zorua in disguise, too old for gothorita to bother with her, and (presumably) too feminine in form for a salazzle's pheromones to have any effect, so those potential threats were ruled out. If her demeanor was the result of some sort of possession or external control, then the offending entity must be pretty clever- issuing a warning against doing something frequently made foolhardy people do that thing, after all.

Of course, there was also the simple possibility that this chick was just weird.

"Right, got it," Chroma declared as the attendant fished up her warning. "I'll keep that in mind!" She left the weirdo to her work and looked at the key card in her possession. "Wait a moment... VII's the number pertaining to the Chariot Arcana! Please tell me this is actually my room number and not just the inn's emblem. Anyway..." She sighed and tucked the key into her pocket, and looked around the hall. "There'd be no point in coming here if I didn't chat with some people." She decided to start with the bard by the mantle- they didn't look particularly busy at the moment.
 

Silverstream

シルバーストリーム
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Missingno. Master

The creature shivered seeing the green flash of a shield just before it's Feint Attack landed on the Froslass. It gave an angered howl, wailing out at it's failed attempt to land an attack on the Froslass. Laugh was undeterred by it's wailing, seeing a perfect opportunity to close the gap between them and bite it with her powerful jaws. The creature gave a sharp cry before Laugh released her jaws and blasted it with a chilling Frost Breath.

"L-L-Leave this place." A scared voice murmured, seemingly coming out of the mouth of the Phantump. It sounded like a child, Laugh could almost picture the child that the ghost Pokemon sounded like. Hand to it's mouth, lip quivering as it tried to stand up to an adult. The Phantump shuddered as it's body started to give out from the damage it sustained. "L-Leave... Alph..." It murmured before falling to the ground, unable to fight any longer.

Laugh gained 2 Levels

The effects of the Worry Seed slowly started to fade, or at least you hoped they did. You couldn't help but feel a small twinge of concern with what the Phantump had said. It had been so vague, yet it seemed to be giving them some sort of warning to leave. You certainly did not want to leave, you wanted to walk the Grove with your love in hand --- eat the fruit from the trees and be bonded together properly. Yet it seemed that something really did not want you here. You glanced at the small unconcious body of the Phantump before looking back at Laugh. You felt somewhat sorry for the small ghost child, but you knew it was probably time to move on.


What do you do?


Mana Opal

The receptionist gave somewhat of a cold laugh. It was a quick burst followed by her returning to her stone-faced self and looking back at you.

"It's Room Seven. We usually put guests elsewhere, but we're rather full. I hope you enjoy your stay." Again, cold, dry, and rehearsed. There was nothing warm about that receptionist, and you still couldn't shake that feeling that something was really off about her. You wondered what she meant by 'usually put guests elsewhere', it seemed like a really odd thing to say to a guest staying in that room. You brushed it off as simply being perturbed by the odd behavior you had already experienced from this woman and perhaps reading too much into a simple oddity she had uttered. You shrugged it off, wandering towards a meek looking bard that stood by the fireplace.

From afar, you had only realized they were a bard due to the harp that hung from their hip. But up close you realized your inital guess was right on the money. You saw a young woman, she was wearing tilted hat with many feathers resting in it's side was resting atop her head, flattening some of the puffy curls of gold that were atop her head. She was looking around nervously, seemingly afraid that something would jump out at her. As you approached and began a greeting you barely opened your mouth before she jumped back in fear.

"AH!" She yelled out before looking at you, eying you over and giving a deep sigh. "I-I'm... terribly sorry." She murmured. "I'm a little on edge..." She sighed, clutching the harp that had hung from her hip.

Something seems to be troubling this bard... what do you do?


Liltwick

As you entered the pastry shop a small bell chimed, signaling to whoever was inside that someone had entered the small building. You marveled at the small shop, it seemed so insignificant in the grand scheme of things... yet apparently a world renowned chef worked here, making beautiful pastries for the whole of the Castle Town. As you entered the building, you saw no evidence of said chef. It was clear that the shop was open, as you made sure to double check that the open sign was flipped after you entered... yet there seemed to be no one here except a large Blissey wearing an apron.

"See!" She called out, waddling towards you with a smile on her face. "See! See!" She called out, gesturing for you to approach the counter. Slightly confused, you made your way to the counter where she showed you all sorts of baked goods. "Bliss!" She called out, scooping on up in both arms and offering it to you. It appeared as though she wanted you to try it.

"BB! What have I told you about giving away free samples?" A man came out from behind the counter. His skin and hair were dark, well kept and he was dressed quite fashionably. The Blissey put her hands on her body, as if to mimic a woman putting her hands on her hips and scolding a man. She gave some stern cries at the man, who you assumed was her master. He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Yeah yeah, alright. Let him try it." He chuckled, watching as you took a bite of the pastry.

It was amazing.

Warm, fresh, and filled with strawberries and creme. You could barely contain a pleasured noise that threatened to escape your lips.

"Any good?" The man asked, a coy grin on his face. He stuck out his hand. "Lucius Kovitz, nice to meet you." He eyed you before continuing. "Never seen you around here, what brings you to the shop?"


What do you do?
 

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
6
Missingno. Master

The creature shivered seeing the green flash of a shield just before it's Feint Attack landed on the Froslass. It gave an angered howl, wailing out at it's failed attempt to land an attack on the Froslass. Laugh was undeterred by it's wailing, seeing a perfect opportunity to close the gap between them and bite it with her powerful jaws. The creature gave a sharp cry before Laugh released her jaws and blasted it with a chilling Frost Breath.

"L-L-Leave this place." A scared voice murmured, seemingly coming out of the mouth of the Phantump. It sounded like a child, Laugh could almost picture the child that the ghost Pokemon sounded like. Hand to it's mouth, lip quivering as it tried to stand up to an adult. The Phantump shuddered as it's body started to give out from the damage it sustained. "L-Leave... Alph..." It murmured before falling to the ground, unable to fight any longer.

Laugh gained 2 Levels

The effects of the Worry Seed slowly started to fade, or at least you hoped they did. You couldn't help but feel a small twinge of concern with what the Phantump had said. It had been so vague, yet it seemed to be giving them some sort of warning to leave. You certainly did not want to leave, you wanted to walk the Grove with your love in hand --- eat the fruit from the trees and be bonded together properly. Yet it seemed that something really did not want you here. You glanced at the small unconcious body of the Phantump before looking back at Laugh. You felt somewhat sorry for the small ghost child, but you knew it was probably time to move on.


What do you do?
Things worked just as Laugh had counted on. Protect offered a solid defense against Phantump's Feint Attack, and the combination of Crunch and Frost Breath were sufficient to knock out the Stump Pokémon, though not before it managed to stammer out a warning, to leave this this place.

With Phantump knocked out, Terri could breathe easy, feeling the Worry Seed's effects dissipating at last. Terri looked down at the unconscious Phantump. "It sounded scared, almost," she murmured. "Maybe it doesn't have a problem with me, but rather knows of something more frightening that does?" She shook her head. "But how could that be? What enemies could I have made in this region?" she wondered out loud.

Laugh floated over and took hold of Terri's hand. "Perhaps that's what it wants you to think," she suggested.

Terri tilted her head, considering this. "Yes..." she murmured. "Maybe this place is testing us, to see how much we really love each other. That Worry Seed had me unable to so much as think straight, and you stepped up and protected me from that Phantump," she said, turning to smile sweetly at Laugh.

Laugh returned the smile with one of her own. "And you faced those fears to try and make Phantump leave me alone," she responded. "I love you so much, Terri."

"I love you too, Laugh," Terri smiled. No further words were exchanged as the couple embraced, albeit partly due to the fact that their lips soon found themselves to be, ahem, otherwise occupied.

But they didn't let this last too long- they both knew they hadn't yet reached the place they sought, and so the public display of affection was kept relatively brief. As they broke apart, Terri turned back to the Phantump. "What is it?" Laugh asked.

"Phantump sounded so scared of us, regardless of what it did," Terri stated. "It doesn't seem right to just leave without doing something for it." With that, Terri reached for her messenger bag, and from within, produced a Sitrus Berry- the first of a set of five. She set the Sitrus Berry down next to the Phantump, then walked back over to Laugh. "Now let's keep going," she said. Laugh smiled, taking Terri's hand once more, and hand in hand, the lovers continue onward.


Laugh grew to level 47!

Laugh grew to level 48!
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
THE ARCANE REALM
The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.

Xander watched as Froakie and Chimchar raced along the path ahead of him. The Water and Fire Starters had been getting along famously, despite their differences in personality. Froakie was a bit more independent than the young Chimchar and much more level headed. He'd noticed that Chimchar had become a lot more reasonable since the acrobatic amphibian joined them, which was a massive relief for Xander. They'd been travelling around for a little while now, but it was still early days in his adventure and they had a long way to go towards achieving what they set out to do. Froakie dashed along the side of the path, arms trailing behind while Chimchar chased in pursuit. Looking to slow the chimp's advance, Froakie began to haphazardly toss out globs of its frubbles, the foamy white substance would likely cause the Chimchar to slip over should it take a misplaced step. Xander simply laughed as the pair continued to play, it was the perfect time for it. The morning sun was shining brightly, they had no where to be, no one to see, they could just embrace the day as it came. Perhaps that would get a chance to do a bit of training later on, maybe even hunt down an opponent or two.

They'd made their way to the Arcane Realm after being told about it by another trainer. They said the Realm offered opportunities for spectacular adventures, however he wasn't exactly looking for something too out there right now. Right now he just wanted to get to know his Pokemon a little better, build a bond with them, help them to become stronger. What they would encounter on their travels was a mystery, but whatever it was they would take it head on! "Wait up Froakie and Chimchar", Xander shouted out as he broke into a sprint, almost slipping on some frubbles as he sought to catch up with the pair of playful Pokemon.
 

Silverstream

シルバーストリーム
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Missingno Master

The Phantump seemed to stir slightly feeling you place the berry near it's comatose body. However, you felt the need to move on. You wanted to get to the twisting oaks sooner rather than later, and the only way to do that was to keep up a solid pace while walking hand in hand with Laugh. As soon as you got out of sight the Phantump jerked upright, looking around frantically. It's mind was finally clear, free of the control that had been placed on it.

"T-tump..." It murmured, placing a hand to it's mouth as it glanced at the Sitrus Berry you had left it. It hurriedly (and hungrily) gorged itself on the berry. The weariness from it's bones dissipated, and it lifted itself from the forest floor. It looked around, curious as to where you had gone. It's eyes widened realizing that you had not heeded it's warning, deciding to continue on your trek anyways.

'N-no... but that's where...' The Phantump gulped, glancing towards the direction that you and Laugh had walked. It glanced around quickly, trying to weigh it's options. It could run as far away as possible, escaping from the scourge that was plaguing the Lover's Grove... or it could try to help you. The second option was never in it's mind, but it had noted your kindness. You did not have to provide it with a berry to heal it's wounds, yet you had. It wiped the remaining berry juice from it's mouth and nervously floated in the direction you had walked, hoping to catch you.

~~~

It felt like you had walked forever after leaving the Phantump. The path had been gradually growing wider as you walked, making you believe that you were soon to arrive at the twisted groves. You quickened your pace, ready to finally eat the fruit from the trees with your true love. You emerged in a clearing that was ex-

Wait a second.

You had heard about the beauty of this place... yet you were greeted by something that was far from what you'd call "beautiful". The trees near the grove were faded, the life seemingly completely drained from them. The grass around the two trees was dying, large patches missing and replaced with empty patches of dirt. A heavy air hung above you, oppressive and ominous. Not to mention a foul stench that also seemed to cling to the air.

'WHO DARES DISTURB OUR HOME?' A booming voice spoke. It sounded somewhat garbled, like it was having to speak through something. 'WHY HAVE YOU COME?'

You couldn't see where the voice was coming from... it seemed to be everywhere and no where, all at once.

'Wait!' The shrill voice of a child came from behind you, causing you to turn and be crashed into by the Phantump from earlier. 'I caught up with you b-but...' It grimaced, 't-they're here....'

A resounding laugh came from the slouching trees in front of you, causing all three of you to stand in an attack position.


What do you do?
 

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
6
Missingno Master

The Phantump seemed to stir slightly feeling you place the berry near it's comatose body. However, you felt the need to move on. You wanted to get to the twisting oaks sooner rather than later, and the only way to do that was to keep up a solid pace while walking hand in hand with Laugh. As soon as you got out of sight the Phantump jerked upright, looking around frantically. It's mind was finally clear, free of the control that had been placed on it.

"T-tump..." It murmured, placing a hand to it's mouth as it glanced at the Sitrus Berry you had left it. It hurriedly (and hungrily) gorged itself on the berry. The weariness from it's bones dissipated, and it lifted itself from the forest floor. It looked around, curious as to where you had gone. It's eyes widened realizing that you had not heeded it's warning, deciding to continue on your trek anyways.

'N-no... but that's where...' The Phantump gulped, glancing towards the direction that you and Laugh had walked. It glanced around quickly, trying to weigh it's options. It could run as far away as possible, escaping from the scourge that was plaguing the Lover's Grove... or it could try to help you. The second option was never in it's mind, but it had noted your kindness. You did not have to provide it with a berry to heal it's wounds, yet you had. It wiped the remaining berry juice from it's mouth and nervously floated in the direction you had walked, hoping to catch you.

~~~

It felt like you had walked forever after leaving the Phantump. The path had been gradually growing wider as you walked, making you believe that you were soon to arrive at the twisted groves. You quickened your pace, ready to finally eat the fruit from the trees with your true love. You emerged in a clearing that was ex-

Wait a second.

You had heard about the beauty of this place... yet you were greeted by something that was far from what you'd call "beautiful". The trees near the grove were faded, the life seemingly completely drained from them. The grass around the two trees was dying, large patches missing and replaced with empty patches of dirt. A heavy air hung above you, oppressive and ominous. Not to mention a foul stench that also seemed to cling to the air.

'WHO DARES DISTURB OUR HOME?' A booming voice spoke. It sounded somewhat garbled, like it was having to speak through something. 'WHY HAVE YOU COME?'

You couldn't see where the voice was coming from... it seemed to be everywhere and no where, all at once.

'Wait!' The shrill voice of a child came from behind you, causing you to turn and be crashed into by the Phantump from earlier. 'I caught up with you b-but...' It grimaced, 't-they're here....'

A resounding laugh came from the slouching trees in front of you, causing all three of you to stand in an attack position.


What do you do?
As Terri and Laugh proceeded onward, their path had been gradually widening, which both of them took as a sign that they were headed in the right direction. Neither one wanting to wait any longer than they needed to, and so they quickened their pace. Wider and wider the path became, until finally, they emerged in a clearing that was absolutely...

...dismal. What? Terri and Laugh looked around, unsure what to make of the sight that met them. This was the place, alright, but the trees were faded, all life drained from them, and even the surrounding grass was on its way out. The atmosphere was a heavy, oppressive one, and the place even smelled pretty bad.

"...This place," the Froslass murmured, sounding mortified. "Terri, I... I was expecting-"

Terri nodded. "So was I," she replied quietly. "What's happened here?"

WHO DARES DISTURB OUR HOME? WHY HAVE YOU COME?

Terri and Laugh moved just a bit closer together at this. The voice's source was impossible to pinpoint. Everywhere and nowhere simultaneously was the best they could describe it.

But then came a voice much easier to pinpoint- that of the Phantump. Indeed, the source of that voice collided with Terri as she turned around to look. And decidedly unlike their previous encounter, it became quite clear that this Phantump was not their enemy.

Terri and Laugh exchanged looks- this was why Phantump was trying to warn them to stay away. It wasn't some test of their love, it was because there was actual danger, further punctuated as a laugh came from the trees before them. Terri was scared, and it'd be foolish of her to try and deny it, but with no more Worry Seed plaguing her, she had to be brave for her beloved. Keeping hold on Laugh's hand in a comforting way, Terri cleared her throat and spoke up. "Would you please identify yourselves?" she asked, calmly yet firmly. "We had no intention of disturbing anyone's home- my girlfriend and I only hoped to enjoy this grove together that we've heard about." She and Laugh exchanged significant glances, however, and Laugh gave a brief nod- if the laughing trees, or anything within them, saw fit to attack, Laugh would attempt to Protect them all, before striking back with Blizzard.
 

Silverstream

シルバーストリーム
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Missingno. Master

'LOVE IS FAKE' A shrill voice echoed, it seemed to be coming from every direction. Every tree, every rock, every nook and cranny around you. 'THE GROVE LIES IN RUINS, TAINTED BY DARKNESS.' The voice continued speaking, it's booming grew deafening, causing the Phantump to quiver behind you as it boomed. 'NOTHING IS ETERNAL. EVERYTHING DISSIPATES.' A mad chorus of laughter followed the last line, punctuation the decay that the grove had fallen into. Was it a sign? A sign that love would never prosper? A sign that all things must come to an end, as did the grotto that surrounded you. Even the gnarled roots and branches of the eternal tree had began to wilt, decaying after what looked like centuries of neglect.

'THERE IS NOTHING HERE FOR YOU NOW. NOTHING BUT TARNISHED DREAMS AND FADED DESIRES.' The voice had begun to spout seemingly random ideas and verses, murmuring about things that you barely understood. The Phantump scanned the surrounding, realizing that the speaker had no intention of revealing themselves.

'E-enough of this g-game!' It called out, hands on Terri's shoulders as it continued to quiver and shake. It clearly wanted answers as much as you, but it was deeply afraid. 'P-People a-are afraid to c-come here because of y-you! We try t-to scare them a-away so that they don't h-have to face you!" It stuttered out, voice punctuated with the mannerisms of a child throwing a tantrum as it spoke. 'W-We've had enough M-Muk! I-It's time to give everyone else back t-the forest!'

The air grew heavy, a deafening silence resounded throughout the field before the chorus of laughter continued once again. Slowly large piles of sludge began to emerge from the wilted trees, they moved towards you, faces gradually contorting on their faces as they got closer. The beings were green, yellow around the mouth as they laughed at you tauntingly. The ground began to shake, causing the Phantump to grip onto you tightly as you all began to lose your footing. The ground cracked open near the gnarled lovers tree, revealing a large and revolting mess of greens, yellows, and pinks. The smell was horrendous, rotten and moldy like something that had soured long ago.

From the sludge rose a large figure, green like the others but much larger. It had a mess of colours amongst it's form, like that of an oil spill. It looked at you with it's posse of smaller sludge beings around it.

'THE HUMANS LEFT US HERE. THEY NEVER RETURNED FOR US.' The sludge being spat, voice echoing through all of it's smaller subordinates. 'LEFT US TO DIE. THIS PLACE BELONGS TO MUK NOW.' It screamed out, shrill cries echoing throughout the grove. Slowly it approached, slithering towards you, subordinates in tow. The Phantump quivered in fear, knowing there would be a fight on your hands.



What do you do?
 

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,825
Reaction score
6
Missingno. Master

'LOVE IS FAKE' A shrill voice echoed, it seemed to be coming from every direction. Every tree, every rock, every nook and cranny around you. 'THE GROVE LIES IN RUINS, TAINTED BY DARKNESS.' The voice continued speaking, it's booming grew deafening, causing the Phantump to quiver behind you as it boomed. 'NOTHING IS ETERNAL. EVERYTHING DISSIPATES.' A mad chorus of laughter followed the last line, punctuation the decay that the grove had fallen into. Was it a sign? A sign that love would never prosper? A sign that all things must come to an end, as did the grotto that surrounded you. Even the gnarled roots and branches of the eternal tree had began to wilt, decaying after what looked like centuries of neglect.

'THERE IS NOTHING HERE FOR YOU NOW. NOTHING BUT TARNISHED DREAMS AND FADED DESIRES.' The voice had begun to spout seemingly random ideas and verses, murmuring about things that you barely understood. The Phantump scanned the surrounding, realizing that the speaker had no intention of revealing themselves.

'E-enough of this g-game!' It called out, hands on Terri's shoulders as it continued to quiver and shake. It clearly wanted answers as much as you, but it was deeply afraid. 'P-People a-are afraid to c-come here because of y-you! We try t-to scare them a-away so that they don't h-have to face you!" It stuttered out, voice punctuated with the mannerisms of a child throwing a tantrum as it spoke. 'W-We've had enough M-Muk! I-It's time to give everyone else back t-the forest!'

The air grew heavy, a deafening silence resounded throughout the field before the chorus of laughter continued once again. Slowly large piles of sludge began to emerge from the wilted trees, they moved towards you, faces gradually contorting on their faces as they got closer. The beings were green, yellow around the mouth as they laughed at you tauntingly. The ground began to shake, causing the Phantump to grip onto you tightly as you all began to lose your footing. The ground cracked open near the gnarled lovers tree, revealing a large and revolting mess of greens, yellows, and pinks. The smell was horrendous, rotten and moldy like something that had soured long ago.

From the sludge rose a large figure, green like the others but much larger. It had a mess of colours amongst it's form, like that of an oil spill. It looked at you with it's posse of smaller sludge beings around it.

'THE HUMANS LEFT US HERE. THEY NEVER RETURNED FOR US.' The sludge being spat, voice echoing through all of it's smaller subordinates. 'LEFT US TO DIE. THIS PLACE BELONGS TO MUK NOW.' It screamed out, shrill cries echoing throughout the grove. Slowly it approached, slithering towards you, subordinates in tow. The Phantump quivered in fear, knowing there would be a fight on your hands.



What do you do?
In response to Terri's words, a shrill voice echoed from seemingly every direction, declaring that love was fake. That the grove lied in ruins, tainted by darkness. That nothing was eternal, that everything dissipates. A dismal outlook, for certain- whoever, whatever this was, they clearly did not have the most positive of outlooks. But this grim outlook was not shared by Terri or Laugh. They looked into each other's eyes, and knew in that instant that love was not fake. They turned back to the trees, shaking their heads in disagreement as the voice stated there was nothing there for them now. Sure, the grove had obviously gone a very long time without being cared for. Sure, it looked bleak and dismal. But Terri was convinced that the voice was wrong.

And so, it seemed, was Phantump. Though it did so with voice shaking, it called out the voice for driving everyone away, stated that the Pokémon of the forest have had enough of this. And called it Muk, too- Terri knew that name. It was a Poison-type Pokémon. Having Keith Masters as a neighbor, naturally Terri knew quite a bit about Muk.

However, as the putrid sludge oozed out of the trees, Terri couldn't help but realize that it was green, rather than purple. Before she could get any ideas about Shiny Grimer, she saw that the beings formed by them... well, they looked different from Grimer and Muk beyond just the coloration. The Grimer had some yellow sludge, as well as teeth, while the Muk had yellow and pink sludge, teeth, and odd rocklike formations protruding from its body. Terri produced her Pokédex and consulted it.

"Grimer- Alola Form- the Sludge Pokémon. A Poison and Dark-type," droned the device. "Feeding exclusively on garbage caused a change in Grimer's form. Its teeth are hardened lumps of toxins." Then, Terri turned it on the multicolor Muk. "Muk- Alola Form- the Sludge Pokémon. A Poison and Dark-type, and the evolved form of Grimer. As it feeds on more trash, its coloration becomes increasingly vivid. Normally quiet and friendly, it will go on a destructive eating rampage if not fed garbage for a while."

Terri regarded the sentient sludge beings wordlessly as Muk stated that the humans had left them here to die. As they started oozing towards them, Laugh looked at Terri, and from what she saw, instantly knew that those words seem to have touched a nerve- a few tears were in Terri's eyes. The Froslass gently squeezed Terri's hand, which got a grateful smile out of her. Muk's apparent negative outlook on humankind, it hit too close to home for Terri's liking. Even if they had reason to be so unhappy, Terri still wanted to prove to them that they were wrong.

"Do we have to fight them?" Terri whispered to Laugh. "What if we can reason with them?"

"I'm not sure," Laugh whispered back. "If anyone could do it, it'd be you, but they seem intent on a fight."

"Well, so were Want and Zoom," Terri replied. "I've got to try. The way they were mistreated by humans... it's not right. They've got to see we're not all like that.

"Very well, but please be careful," pleaded Laugh. "At least be ready with some backup?"

Terri smiled, holding up a Premier Ball in her free hand. "You got it," she replied. With that, Terri and Laugh exchanged a quick kiss, and the Premier Ball opened up seemingly of its own accord, causing the Alolan Ninetales to appear in a flash of light. At once, Ava's appearance would herald a change in the weather, causing Snow and hail to fall upon the area without Warning. But, sensing her Trainer's intentions, Ava sat down rather than prepare herself for battle. Terri smiled and scratched behind the Ice/Fairy-type's ears, then stepped forward to address the Poison/Dark-types.

"I don't want to fight if we don't have to," Terri said to the sludgy beings. "It's terrible what humans have done to you, but not all humans are like that. For years I wasn't allowed to leave home because my family always thought the worst of humanity, but once I was able to travel on my own, I saw for myself that there's good ones as well! And that includes me, too," she added, reaching into her bag. When she pulled her hand back out, she was clutching a Berry Bag, the contents of which she proceeded to empty out on the ground before her- five Sitrus Berries, five Rawst Berries, a Rindo Berry, a Passho Berry, and three Qualot Berries. "These are for you," she said to the horrifying horde. "No tricks. All I ask is that you stop chasing people away, and give humans more of a chance. I know of one human in particular who would, if given the chance, gladly welcome the whole lot of you into his home, and I know he can't be the only one. Please, Muk, Grimer," pleaded Terri. "Love is not fake, and after what you've been through, you deserve to find this out for yourselves."

Ava paid close attention to how things were going- Terri was, as usual for her, trying to resolve things peacefully as long as that seemed like a viable option. But if this didn't work, the Alolan Ninetales had to be ready for battle, and she knew exactly why she'd been sent out- if there was any sign of trouble, she'd be ready to deploy the Aurora Veil. Likewise, Laugh would, under cover of the hail thanks to her Snow Cloak Ability, appear between Terri and the horde, and blast the sentient sludge puddles with a powerful Blizzard! But only, of course, if retaliation was necessary, and knowing Terri... this could go either way, and the Ice-types both knew it.
 
Last edited:

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.

Why does this always happen to me?

The question had been rattling around Alice Hope's mind for a while now as she trudged along the rural road. She certainly felt like a fool, or like she was being taken for one at this point, by this Pokemon world that had held her for so long. To say that she was a hostage in it was wrong. The Phantom Isles had pushed her into her own memories and revealed that she had probably hailed from it, so it was more accurate to say that it had rescued her back... But still. Alice didn't appreciate being thrown from one realm to another, some adventures unresolved, wondering if she had succeeded as the heroine or been brutally murdered and somehow restored. Was Bedlam Ridge still in one piece, or had Rigel won the battle and shot her in the head...?

Absently, her fingers touched her forehead, and then blue eyes peered downward through the glasses on her nose. A soot-black Bagon, Eridian, walked at her side. His changing of colour had been a Halloween curse, but he seemed to be perfectly happy with himself. Alice knew she'd feel the same way eventually. If she was going to be happy with all of the progress she'd made since tumbling into the wonderland, she had to accept the bad as well. A world full of monsters and gangs couldn't be free of problems for all, after all, and it was hard to see herself as a protagonist with plot armour. The dragon noticed her stare and looked up, the blonde smiling apologetically.

“Aww, Eri. I'm fine. I'm just thinking hard, that's all.” She explained, glossy lips pulling into an apologetic smile. For as pathetic as the dragon had considered her when they first met so many years ago, Alice had come far and he respected her far more these days. The biped grunted his acknowledgement, stoic as ever. In spite of her growth, though, the young woman still suffered her anxieties, and hadn't wanted to walk the country road 'alone'. He couldn't hold it against her, since she didn't remember how they had even got there to begin with.

It was sunny and cloudless, but every time the wind blew, Alice wished she had a coat. Her feet were cozy in their faux fur-lined ankle booties, and the grey leggings she wore were thick; but the purple top's sheer sleeves didn't do much to guard against the temperature. They were on the wrong side of spring for that. Not to mention, her loose locks now resembled a bird's nest. She could do with gloves, too...

The Fool's Path threatened to branch off again, and Alice sighed, stopping at the crossroads. “Now what do we do?” The idol complained, pouting dramatically. After a time, she concluded, “You know what The Doctor said,” Spoiler: Eridian had no bloody idea what she was talking about, “Turn Left.”

And so, turn left they did.
 
Last edited:

ShadowDRGN

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
The Land of Cups

Named for the small valleys and tall hills and mountains native to the region, forming almost natural cups, this is an almost verdant and fertile land. Despite the desert in the very north and the mountains nestled in, a large variety of life can be found here. The Land of Cups is the jewel of the Arcane Realm, and without it, the realm would be a lot more desolate. Luckily, there a preservation efforts to make the this jewel doesn’t lose its shine. (Please respond in Plum)

XVIII. Lake of the Moon - The largest lake in the Land of Cups, this place is rich in aquatic life and is a very popular place for fishers. It’s said that this lake wanes and waxes with the phases of the moon, and that the lake acts strangely the closer it is to a full moon and a new moon. Some say during a New Moon, an ancient temple can be seen floating in the lake, but it is hard to verify if it exists there and the lake is too deep to safely explore. During a full moon, the aquatic life becomes incredibly hostile, and the legendary “King of the Lake” has been said to awaken and surface during this time.
The sun beat down cruelly on Jason as he entered his fourth day of walking the long road to Mistralton City. He had started this journey with at least a bit of excitement of getting out to see the world, but this endless cycle of sauntering along in the wilderness has sapped all that energy away and replaced it with sore feet and being covered in grime. He supposed that's what the whole situation leading up to this moment boiled down to, though. A huge dose of shitty reality.

Boss walked alongside him, definitely not faring any better than his Trainer. The white parts of his fur are all yellow and dark with dirt and scuffs from fighting off a couple Wild Pokemon the other day. He let out an audible grumble as he felt his paws burning with each step, and Jason responded with an equally-winded sigh.

"There's no way in hell it takes this long to get to Mistaltron," he said, remembering the many times when he and his parents drove for only a few hours to ferry his dad to the airport for business trips.

Jason lifted his head from staring down at the sun-baked road and gazed off at the horizon, where he saw the multitude of cup-shaped mountains surrounding him, each striking him as unfamiliar. This only served to irritate him more, and another sigh slowly drained his lungs, "which one of these is Twist Mountain, anyways? They all look the damn same..."

Jason could definitely feel himself getting more agitated by the minute. The Trainer stopped walking, his blistered feet crying out from inside his worn-out skater shoes. Underneath his baggy black pants, he could feel his leg simmering like it was in an oven, and his exposed arms cook like they were on a skillet. He reached up a hand to grab at the brim of his itchy baseball cap, using his checkerboard wristband to wipe his brow. His backpack clung to his sweat-soaked tee uncomfortably, weighing down his already-tired shoulders.

He could barely take it. His other hand crawled up to ruffle through his bleach-blonde hair, and he felt even his hair gel melting into the sweat. He felt absolutely swamped. Even the most demanding days of cruising the back streets couldn't touch this oppressive feeling of exhaustion, trapped somewhere without any amenities. And worst of all, he knew in the back of his mind that it wasn't the only place he could be right now. This was all by his own choice.

Suddenly, he felt a shaking, angry feeling coursing through his fingers, demanding to be released. Without really thinking about it, he whipped his cap straight into the ground and yelled loudly, "goddammit!"

Boss had sensed Jason was getting frustrated, but even this caused him to stop in his tracks and double-back towards his companion while he collapsed onto the ground.

"We're lost. We're one-hundred percent, completely goddamn lost," Jason said hopelessly to Boss, "I'm sorry, man. I dragged you into this 'cause I snitched instead of just shutting up," he confesses, "we could still be in Driftveil if I didn't paint a huge-ass target on our heads..."

Boss just put a paw on Jason's knee and shook his head sternly. He glanced over towards Jason's hat and walked over to grab it, With a few smacks he dusted it off and then offered it back to him, a look in his eyes that said "keep it together, man".

"Thanks, Boss... I probably shouldn't be doing crap like that. Need this to keep the sun outta my eyes," he said as he took the hat and secured it back on his head. He took a deep breath. Losing his cool wouldn't get him out of this situation, only action would.

"C'mon, let's see if we can't find someplace that'll give us directions," he went to give his Pokemon a reassuring fist-bump, and Pancham obliged with a smirk.

Standing back up, Jason scanned the horizon again, and this time his eyes fell on something just over the crest of the hills. A big lake that sparkled like stars under the heavy sunlight. It was certainly unusual and eye-catching, as Jason had never heard of any lakes like this around Driftveil. That perplexed feeling soon gave way to excitement, though, as Jason realized what such a big lake like that meant: a much-needed retreat from the sun, and people.

"Alright! That's what I'm talkin' about!" Jason yelled out. Boss blinked in confusion and quickly hopped up on Jason's pack to see what he was looking at. He and Jason shared a mutual look of agreement between them, and the Trainer felt the faintest bit renewed at the sight, enough for him to ignore the aching and sweat and grime for a little while longer. His feet started to carry him along the winding path to the lake, Pancham riding on his back the whole way with wide grins plastered on both their faces.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- Lost and lacking a map, you find yourself stumbling around in the middle of nowhere. At this point you were as red as a Tamato Berry and in desperate need of directions. Thankfully a glimmer in the distance gives you hope as your eyes fall on a marvellous lake not too far away. Not only could you cool your sun roasted skin, but a lake like that would certainly attract other people, people who might be able to give you directions. You make a beeline for the lake, Boss stands tall on your backpack, if not for your cap you'd probably have drool on your head. It seemed the poor little Pancham was thirsty. As soon as you get close to the lake, the young Fighting type leaps over your head, landing with a thud before sprinting towards the water's edge. You watch as Boss buries his head in the water, cooling himself and gulping down water at the same time. Wow, he really was desperate for a drink. You cup your hands and have a drink yourself, before sitting back and taking in the beauty of the lake. Groves of trees are dotted around the lake, they'd likely be full of berries if Boss found himself hungry now that he'd satisfied his thirst. You look up the bank, squinting you manage to make out a bit of a commotion further up.

Curiosity drives you, forcing you to walk closer to get a better look. Boss takes a moment to realise your gone before he rushes to your side. It looked like an old man, swinging..... what was that? A fishing rod? He wasn't casting it though, he was swinging it aggressively, like he was trying to hit something. You start to walk a little faster. Soon you begin to hear his shouts, "leave it alone you pests! I'll crack you open and eat you for supper!" You were about 20 yards away now and could clearly see the scene playing out before you. The old fisherman was swinging his rod with vicious intent, trying to strike away a pair of orange Pokemon that were snapping at another, different orange Pokemon with their powerful claws. The other Pokemon was clearly overwhelmed and in a bad state, its fur tattered and face bruised.

Bui Bui

The Pokemon cried with each strike it took, while its attackers seem unharmed as the fisherman's rod strikes their hardened carapaces. Could you just stand by and watch? Or would you rush to the Pokemon's aid?
 

ShadowDRGN

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- Lost and lacking a map, you find yourself stumbling around in the middle of nowhere. At this point you were as red as a Tamato Berry and in desperate need of directions. Thankfully a glimmer in the distance gives you hope as your eyes fall on a marvellous lake not too far away. Not only could you cool your sun roasted skin, but a lake like that would certainly attract other people, people who might be able to give you directions. You make a beeline for the lake, Boss stands tall on your backpack, if not for your cap you'd probably have drool on your head. It seemed the poor little Pancham was thirsty. As soon as you get close to the lake, the young Fighting type leaps over your head, landing with a thud before sprinting towards the water's edge. You watch as Boss buries his head in the water, cooling himself and gulping down water at the same time. Wow, he really was desperate for a drink. You cup your hands and have a drink yourself, before sitting back and taking in the beauty of the lake. Groves of trees are dotted around the lake, they'd likely be full of berries if Boss found himself hungry now that he'd satisfied his thirst. You look up the bank, squinting you manage to make out a bit of a commotion further up.

Curiosity drives you, forcing you to walk closer to get a better look. Boss takes a moment to realise your gone before he rushes to your side. It looked like an old man, swinging..... what was that? A fishing rod? He wasn't casting it though, he was swinging it aggressively, like he was trying to hit something. You start to walk a little faster. Soon you begin to hear his shouts, "leave it alone you pests! I'll crack you open and eat you for supper!" You were about 20 yards away now and could clearly see the scene playing out before you. The old fisherman was swinging his rod with vicious intent, trying to strike away a pair of orange Pokemon that were snapping at another, different orange Pokemon with their powerful claws. The other Pokemon was clearly overwhelmed and in a bad state, its fur tattered and face bruised.

Bui Bui

The Pokemon cried with each strike it took, while its attackers seem unharmed as the fisherman's rod strikes their hardened carapaces. Could you just stand by and watch? Or would you rush to the Pokemon's aid?
Jason took to the lake's edge about as quickly as his Starter, helping himself to another handful of water to drench his head after taking a much-needed drink. It felt like heaven. He chuckled when Boss dove his head in, and reached over to give the Pokemon a small pat on the head when he came sauntering back, dirt dripping off of his matted fur.

"Whew, made it!" Jason shouted out windedly. He stretched his arms to the sky and plopped down on his backside so he'd be off his feet for a few minutes. He stared out at the lake as he caught his breath, and was simply taken aback by just how far out the water stretched, "damn, it's even bigger up-close. Hope we don't have to walk too far to find somebody," he commented, twisting his line of sight every-which-way to see what was around them. He expected maybe a house or something to be set up along the banks. After all, lots of people would kill to have such a nice spot to swim right out their window.

Instead, what he got was the distant movements of a commotion up ahead. Jason figured that something was better than nothing, though, and slowly shambled to his feet to start up the slope, squinting more as he tried to avoid the glare of the sun overhead.

He watched the scene playing out in front of him with visceral interest. He'd seen fisherman down by the warehouse docks all the time, but pretty much all of them were passive folks... kinda boring, really. But this was a whole 'nother story. This old man had bravado! Fire!

"Woah..." Jason said under his breath. He stared directly at the two Pokemon snapping their pincers at the other, weasel-y like Pokemon. They looked pretty strong, and Jason found himself grinning at the idea of having something that could take hits and dish out pain... besides Boss, of course.

He glanced back at the Pancham behind him, "think you got the energy in ya' for a fight?" he asked, his voice brimming with newfound energy.

Boss grinned widely and nodded back. He hopped out in front of Jason, one paw balled up into a fist as he smacked it against his curled palm and wrung them together. Jason followed, and swung his duffel bag in front of him from behind his back. He plucked out a Pokeball and stuffed it into his pocket for later, before he raised his hands to his mouth and called out to the man, "yo! Old dude! Need some help with those Pokemon?"
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
ShadowDRGN- Having stumbled on a rather disturbing scene, you interrupt the fiery old fisherman's assault, surprising him when you ask whether he requires assistance. He turns to face you, fishing rod still half cocked over his shoulder. Sweat runs down his wrinkly brow, streaming down his ghostly white moustache before dripping onto his pit stained shirt. "What does it look like kid?", he grumbles, his chest heaves heavily as he tries to catch his breath. "Ye got a Pokemon, why don't ye put a stop to these Corphish? That Buizel ain't got much fight left in him."

The Corphish continued their assault on the bruised and battered Buizel. They clamp down their claws with Vice-like Grip, the Buizel can do nothing but take the beating, it was in no condition to fight back. Boss smacked a fist into his palm, those Corphish were acting tough now when they were bullying an overwhelmed opponent, but he would give them a taste of real toughness. Meanwhile, you retrieve a Pokeball from your bag, those Corphish looked pretty strong and you could always use another strong Pokemon. Should the opportunity arise, you'd try for the capture.

"I was on my way back home", the old fisherman huffs. "Saw the Buizel just laying there, didn't look like it was in too good a nick. Then outta nowhere those two appeared and started attacking it. Getting close to a full moon again I guess, the Pokemon around here don't act too kindly when the full moon gets close." Full moon or not, it seemed a little unfair for the two Corphish to target the Buizel, especially if it was already weakened. Perhaps they had a motive? You can't be sure but maybe it was worth considering why they had chosen to target the Buizel.
 

Enigmatic Professor

Balance, its a progress
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Biggggg5 Last Update

Meetan:

You were walking along the "Fool's Path" thinking about what had happened to you, and how you felt on those times, your bagon walking alongside you.
You had wished you could find a place where you could get warm gloves and perhaps a jacket or something, to stop this coldish wind that blew every now and then.
It wouldn't hurt, you thought if you could also find a place to clean up in general either, thinking about how your hair was a mess.

Upon coming to the split in the path, you soon decided to head down the left path, your bagon confused as to what you why you were talking about a doctor but followed regardless.

As you walked and walked and then walked some more, you soon came upon what looked to be a settlement or at least a camp of some sort that was off the main path, but still close to it.
Maybe someone there had some clothing you could buy or borrow, and a place to clean up in general... But before you could make up your mind as to what to do or go, A woman approached you riding atop a Gogoat.
"Hello, there dearie, what brings you to one of the many camps set up on the Fool's Path?"
So,... not only was this a camp, but there were many along the path. That seemed to be some good information to know.
But what were you doing here?

What will you do next?
 

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
You were walking along the "Fool's Path" thinking about what had happened to you, and how you felt on those times, your Bagon walking alongside you.
You had wished you could find a place where you could get warm gloves and perhaps a jacket or something, to stop this coldish wind that blew every now and then.
It wouldn't hurt, you thought, if you could also find a place to clean up in general either, thinking about how your hair was a mess.

Upon coming to the split in the path, you soon decided to head down the left path, your Bagon confused as to what you why you were talking about a doctor but followed regardless.

As you walked and walked and then walked some more, you soon came upon what looked to be a settlement or at least a camp of some sort that was off the main path, but still close to it.
Maybe someone there had some clothing you could buy or borrow, and a place to clean up in general... But before you could make up your mind as to what to do or go, A woman approached you riding atop a Gogoat.
"Hello, there dearie, what brings you to one of the many camps set up on the Fool's Path?"
So,... not only was this a camp, but there were many along the path. That seemed to be some good information to know.
But what were you doing here?

What will you do next?
The duo trudged on for what felt like forever, and although the motion certainly helped, Alice still felt the wind chill enough that she was bothered by it. She was lost in her thoughts, though, the silence maintained as their four feet carried on, attention distracted enough that the woman and her Gogoat caught her off guard. There was no way that she would've noticed the camp like this, and it irritated Eridian a little. Sometimes, the girl could be dangerously naive or obtuse, it was why she was so lucky to have him by her side. She was also lucky that he wasn't as ill tempered as dragons could be, although that didn't make him any less ferocious. The seriousness of Eridian's posture and the meanness of his eyes only hinted at the guard monster's true nature and capabilities.

Alice was surprised to find someone so far from the castle town, back straightening with a bit of a jump, but the woman wasn't unwelcome company. It was nice to see a Gogoat, too. They reminded her of a more successful adventure back on the Galea Plains, even if it was one full of falls. "Oh, hi." She smiled politely,slightly startled but otherwise chipper, "I mostly just need somewhere to clean up and get water and snacks before I move on." She explained, "Me and Eridian here have been going for a while, and we'll probably be adventuring for a while yet." Alice added, as if to justify why such aid might be important for them, "If it helps, I'm a pretty strong trainer. If you need help with anything, I'm sure that me or one of my Pokemon could help you all out in exchange."
 

Meetan

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
TKF: Setting out on your journey along the Fool's Path, Froakie and Chimchar's antics bring slips, trips and laughter with every step. You're delighted that they get along so well in spite of their differences, especially knowing that Chimchar can be such a hothead and that Froakie has a natural advantage over him in typing and stealth. They're both much swifter than you, too, and you have to run to catch them up. However, you notice ahead that the two of them have come to a halt to stare at something, and soon you hear what: some girl, shrieking with frustration. You finally get to see what the fuss is all about, too, and find a teenager stomping about a glampsite and tearing through her things.

"Oh my god! Where is it?! What the hell happened to it?!" Her accent is clearly Kalosian, or Lumiosan to be exact, and she certainly looks the part. Her long, wavy pink hair is thick, glossy and well cared for and her clothes project style from top to toes. Everything she owns, including her tent, has a designer label attached to it and the fancy Vivillion perching atop it seems to shimmer as if its fur and wings were tended to by the finest groomer. "Oh my god! Rosetta, what-- what are you all staring at?!" It seemed she'd finally noticed that there was an audience, big pink eyes rounding on you, her pout tinged with fury. You get the sense that you're in for something. Sure, this isn't 'out there', but not exactly the adventure you had in mind. She looks ready to walk all over you - even Chimchar feels a little intimidated, albeit not by the lovely bug glistening in the sunlight.

"If you're going to stop and stare, you can at least help me! I had a bag of treasures with me, and something jumped Rosetta, and it's clearly taken it!" She stomped one of her boots on the grass, upset. "Rosetta thinks it's gone that way! Help me pack up and come with me, and help me take care of it!"

Chimchar and Froakie slowly turn their heads to look at each other, and then just as slowly tilt their heads to look up at you. I'd ask 'what do you do', but that implies you have a choice, and clearly you don't, so...
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
TKF: Setting out on your journey along the Fool's Path, Froakie and Chimchar's antics bring slips, trips and laughter with every step. You're delighted that they get along so well in spite of their differences, especially knowing that Chimchar can be such a hothead and that Froakie has a natural advantage over him in typing and stealth. They're both much swifter than you, too, and you have to run to catch them up. However, you notice ahead that the two of them have come to a halt to stare at something, and soon you hear what: some girl, shrieking with frustration. You finally get to see what the fuss is all about, too, and find a teenager stomping about a glampsite and tearing through her things.

"Oh my god! Where is it?! What the hell happened to it?!" Her accent is clearly Kalosian, or Lumiosan to be exact, and she certainly looks the part. Her long, wavy pink hair is thick, glossy and well cared for and her clothes project style from top to toes. Everything she owns, including her tent, has a designer label attached to it and the fancy Vivillion perching atop it seems to shimmer as if its fur and wings were tended to by the finest groomer. "Oh my god! Rosetta, what-- what are you all staring at?!" It seemed she'd finally noticed that there was an audience, big pink eyes rounding on you, her pout tinged with fury. You get the sense that you're in for something. Sure, this isn't 'out there', but not exactly the adventure you had in mind. She looks ready to walk all over you - even Chimchar feels a little intimidated, albeit not by the lovely bug glistening in the sunlight.

"If you're going to stop and stare, you can at least help me! I had a bag of treasures with me, and something jumped Rosetta, and it's clearly taken it!" She stomped one of her boots on the grass, upset. "Rosetta thinks it's gone that way! Help me pack up and come with me, and help me take care of it!"

Chimchar and Froakie slowly turn their heads to look at each other, and then just as slowly tilt their heads to look up at you. I'd ask 'what do you do', but that implies you have a choice, and clearly you don't, so...

They'd been dashing along the Fool's Path when they happened to bump into a Kalosian Glamazon. Seriously, how did she manage to lug all this around? Xander got the feeling that she'd been raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, she likely wasn't the most experienced when it came to, 'roughing it'. Still, a stranger in distress was always a call he was taught to answer, his father had always drilled into him that it was his duty to help those in need. Froakie and Chimchar were a bit wary of the scene, like they could sense this glamorous pink haired beauty had a rage monster bubbling just below the surface.

He didn't even need to ask what was wrong before the girl kindly screamed it at him, was he really going to help her? She claimed someone or something had stolen some valuables from her. It took all of Xander's strength to choke back the chuckle that was welling up inside him. What did she expect really? She'd made herself the perfect target for theft, was she aware that just because this is called the Fool's Path, it didn't mean you were meant to 'Act a Fool'. Xander took a deep breath before introducing himself. "Nice to meet you too! My name is Xander, sure, I'll help you but why don't you help yourself and take a couple of deep breaths." Xander walked forward and picked something up, before holding it up, "where do you want this?" He then turned to Chimchar and Froakie. The pair wouldn't be much help packing up, but maybe they could get a head start on tracking the thief. "Chimchar, Froakie, head over in the direction the thief went and see if you can pick up its trail." The pair nodded before rushing off, eager to distance themselves from the fiery young woman.
 
Top