• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

    For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

    Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks (FFAZ)

Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
TKF: "I'm Adrienne, and I don't need you to be condescending." Adrienne said snippily. In spite of the impression she gave off, she clearly wasn't as stupid as she looked, glaring at you in merciful punishment of your behaviour. As for how entitled she was? Well... That probably wasn't far off the mark, judging by everything else. "That can go in the bag over there." She said, pointing to a waterproof wash bag: spotless white and patterned with the silhouettes of Herdier; more designer gear hailing this time from Galour. Her Vivillion descended from the tent to settle onto the grass, peering after Chimchar and Froakie while Adrienne worked on putting the tent away. Under her pretty cardigan and mani-pedi, Adrienne had a bit of strength and hard work in her at least. "You don't have to help if you don't want to, but I'd make it worth your while. I'm sure you've needed help before in your life and offered people less."

The two starter Pokemon ran off. Chimchar's nose was to the ground and Froakie's ninja senses were tingling. There was clearly something about and they were even headed the right direction, towards a line of bushes that separated one square of the Fool's plains from the other. The further out they got, the longer the grass became, and the harder it would be for you to see them - and yet, they get the sense that something is watching them.

What to do?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
TKF: "I'm Adrienne, and I don't need you to be condescending." Adrienne said snippily. In spite of the impression she gave off, she clearly wasn't as stupid as she looked, glaring at you in merciful punishment of your behaviour. As for how entitled she was? Well... That probably wasn't far off the mark, judging by everything else. "That can go in the bag over there." She said, pointing to a waterproof wash bag: spotless white and patterned with the silhouettes of Herdier; more designer gear hailing this time from Galour. Her Vivillion descended from the tent to settle onto the grass, peering after Chimchar and Froakie while Adrienne worked on putting the tent away. Under her pretty cardigan and mani-pedi, Adrienne had a bit of strength and hard work in her at least. "You don't have to help if you don't want to, but I'd make it worth your while. I'm sure you've needed help before in your life and offered people less."

The two starter Pokemon ran off. Chimchar's nose was to the ground and Froakie's ninja senses were tingling. There was clearly something about and they were even headed the right direction, towards a line of bushes that separated one square of the Fool's plains from the other. The further out they got, the longer the grass became, and the harder it would be for you to see them - and yet, they get the sense that something is watching them.

What to do?

Adrienne huh? A fancy name for a fancy girl, Xander thought to himself. He didn’t feel like he’d been overly condescending but he wasn’t the best at considering how others would take his words. She was right however, no one got through life without a bit of help and he’d certainly needed it on a multitude of occasions. His father and grandfather had helped him immensely, in entirely different ways but he valued their assistance. He would help Adrienne, he didn’t even need the enticement of a reward, he’d do it because it was the right thing to do.

“Let’s just get your stuff packed up and belongings back. Then you can do whatever you see fit.” Xander continued to help her pack up her belongings, doing his best to keep Chimchar and Froakie within his sights. They were slowly disappearing into longer grass, he would have to head after them soon. He began to pack quicker....

Chimchar looked to Froakie, they both sensed it, they were being watched. Was it the thief? Either way, they had to keep their guard up. The pair go back to back as they scan their surroundings. Froakie pulls a hood of Frubbles up over its head, before forming a slim blade in its hand, ready to Cut down any would be attacker. His Frubbles shimmer and pale as his Protean ability shifts his type to Normal. Chimchar’s flame flickers as he gathers Embers in his mouth, ready to fire a warning shot should something surprise them.
 
Last edited:
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
TKF:"You seem kind of moody. One of those kinds of teenagers, huh?" Adrienne remarked, and it was a wonder if she missed the irony, and also how old she was. She looked like she might be in her late teens, but it was really hard to tell when girls were made up and dressed to the nines like she was. She even smelled of mature, floral perfume and lotion. It was a wonder that bugs hadn't swarmed the place, but perhaps her Vivillion was keeping other invaders at bay now. "It's rare to see someone with a Froakie and a Chimchar, but you don't sound Kalosian to me. Where are you from?"

The two of you continue your conversation and endeavour, oblivious to the goings on of said Pokemon in the field. They're ready to rumble, prepping their attacks, Froakie damn near ready to stab a bish. Adrienne would be proud, no doubt, that she's hired such savage and smol guards. The grass begins to rustle some distance away, and the Pokemon's muscles are taut, the duo exchanging glances as if silently discussing tactics. Then, it begins.

The enemy rushes, faster than they could possibly anticipate. The ground between their feet lights up blue, and the smell of burning catches their nostrils. Whatever it was, was on fire, and it knocked the Froakie sideways as it barrelled into him. It hurt, but all things considered, did little more than singe his skin and knock his Frubbles aside - knife included, which was embedded into charred grass a little distance away. There's a patch of burnt grass where Chimchar missed by miles. On closer inspection, to the guards' shock and dismay, Froakie's Expert Belt had been swiped, too.

"Vivi! Vivi!" The Vivillion is swaying frantically in the air, attempting to get your attention. The ball of fire is headed your way, and Adrienne grimaces, bracing herself as she plucks a Net Ball from the clip on her handbag.
"It looks like it's coming back. I doubt it's anything else. Think you're up for this?"

Well, are you?
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Having stumbled on a rather disturbing scene, you interrupt the fiery old fisherman's assault, surprising him when you ask whether he requires assistance. He turns to face you, fishing rod still half cocked over his shoulder. Sweat runs down his wrinkly brow, streaming down his ghostly white moustache before dripping onto his pit stained shirt. "What does it look like kid?", he grumbles, his chest heaves heavily as he tries to catch his breath. "Ye got a Pokemon, why don't ye put a stop to these Corphish? That Buizel ain't got much fight left in him."

The Corphish continued their assault on the bruised and battered Buizel. They clamp down their claws with Vice-like Grip, the Buizel can do nothing but take the beating, it was in no condition to fight back. Boss smacked a fist into his palm, those Corphish were acting tough now when they were bullying an overwhelmed opponent, but he would give them a taste of real toughness. Meanwhile, you retrieve a Pokeball from your bag, those Corphish looked pretty strong and you could always use another strong Pokemon. Should the opportunity arise, you'd try for the capture.

"I was on my way back home", the old fisherman huffs. "Saw the Buizel just laying there, didn't look like it was in too good a nick. Then outta nowhere those two appeared and started attacking it. Getting close to a full moon again I guess, the Pokemon around here don't act too kindly when the full moon gets close." Full moon or not, it seemed a little unfair for the two Corphish to target the Buizel, especially if it was already weakened. Perhaps they had a motive? You can't be sure but maybe it was worth considering why they had chosen to target the Buizel.
"You got it!" Jason said back to the old fisherman, listening a bit to his story as he formulated a course of action. Jason's track record for clean fighting might not be the best, but he definitely felt like he drew the line at a blatant curb-stomp, motive or not. Even if it meant he had to go at this two-on-one, he knew he had to do something to separate the Corphish from their target.

"Boss! Rough 'em up!" the Trainer shouted as he pointed decisively at the Corphish that was holding down the Buizel. Boss smirked and stepped forwards, trying to get the attention of their foes with a holler, one that just screams "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"... of course, the four of them were pretty much all the same size, but's it's was the thought that counts.

Jason called out to his Pokemon, his voice fired-up for this face-off, "let's go for a Leer and soften 'em up, then we'll push 'em off that other Pokemon with a Tackle!" he orders. He turned to the fisherman right after and ran up close to him so he wouldn't have to shout, "yo, you got any Pokemon with you? I don't mind taking care of these guys, but some backup would be cool," he asked, trying his hardest to be polite.

The Pancham happily obliged, making sure his target was looking at him before he grinned menacingly and stared it straight in the eyes. He gave it barely a second to process the look before he rushed forwards, head hunched down and in a brawling position as he threw his shoulder as hard as he could against the Pokemon's claws.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
TKF:"You seem kind of moody. One of those kinds of teenagers, huh?" Adrienne remarked, and it was a wonder if she missed the irony, and also how old she was. She looked like she might be in her late teens, but it was really hard to tell when girls were made up and dressed to the nines like she was. She even smelled of mature, floral perfume and lotion. It was a wonder that bugs hadn't swarmed the place, but perhaps her Vivillion was keeping other invaders at bay now. "It's rare to see someone with a Froakie and a Chimchar, but you don't sound Kalosian to me. Where are you from?"

The two of you continue your conversation and endeavour, oblivious to the goings on of said Pokemon in the field. They're ready to rumble, prepping their attacks, Froakie damn near ready to stab a bish. Adrienne would be proud, no doubt, that she's hired such savage and smol guards. The grass begins to rustle some distance away, and the Pokemon's muscles are taut, the duo exchanging glances as if silently discussing tactics. Then, it begins.

The enemy rushes, faster than they could possibly anticipate. The ground between their feet lights up blue, and the smell of burning catches their nostrils. Whatever it was, was on fire, and it knocked the Froakie sideways as it barrelled into him. It hurt, but all things considered, did little more than singe his skin and knock his Frubbles aside - knife included, which was embedded into charred grass a little distance away. There's a patch of burnt grass where Chimchar missed by miles. On closer inspection, to the guards' shock and dismay, Froakie's Expert Belt had been swiped, too.

"Vivi! Vivi!" The Vivillion is swaying frantically in the air, attempting to get your attention. The ball of fire is headed your way, and Adrienne grimaces, bracing herself as she plucks a Net Ball from the clip on her handbag.
"It looks like it's coming back. I doubt it's anything else. Think you're up for this?"

Well, are you?

If Xander had been drinking a glass of water, he would have just spurted it halfway across Fizzytopia. She was calling him a moody teenager?! This girl had nerve, but Xander swallowed his pride for now. "I'm actually aiming to collect all Starter Pokemon, call it my dream I guess. I've moved around a lot to be honest, I was born in Kanto but I've lived in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh before we finally moved to Fizzytopia. Guess it means I kind of never got an accent?"

Chimchar and Froakie were on high alert when the smell of burning filled their nostrils. A quick exchange with their mysterious assailant had Froakie knocked to the ground and relieved of his Expert Belt. It was his most prised possession, a gift he was given by Xander when they first met. Anger grew within the normally level headed Froakie, he wanted revenge. The pair noticed the ball of fire was heading straight for Xander and the crazy pink haired woman. They'd need to move quickly if they were to get there in time. Chimchar Charged forward, covered in Flame, similar to their attacker. Froakie was Quick to get to his feet, ready to go on the Attack, as he raced forward. As the little frog drew level with his teammate, the pair exchanged a look. A Bubble from Froakie bolstered by Chimchar's Helping Hand would hopefully be enough to douse their flame wrapped attacker.

Xander shuddered slightly as he saw the ball of fire racing towards them. What had Chimchar and Froakie dragged them in to?!
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
TKF: Thankfully for you, Adrienne missed the expression that you inevitably had shot her way. "Yes, that makes perfect sense. It's a shame you missed out on Kalos, it's very beautiful, but we also care a lot about appearances. It can be very difficult to fit in there." She explained airily. With you both now bracing for what's about to come, though, the banter was left in the dust of the plains. Chimchar and Froakie raced to reach you as quickly as they could, and thankfully although they were slower than their target, the bolstered Bubbles did their bit and doused the creature. It took a tumble, extinguished, and burst forth from the brush: a female Fennekin, looking quite unhappy to have lost the Expert Belt that was now lost to the grass as well. The mystery of the field is solved, high five for disappointment!

"A Fennekin! And a nasty little one, too!" She announced with a huff, "Where's my Buginium Z you little monster?! Where did you put it?!" The little magician simply batted her eyelashes, as if to picture innocence, staring at you with big and lovely eyes. Adrienne scowled. Chimchar and Froakie arrived, flanking the back, and the fire monkey had the Expert Belt in his hands. What a relief!

"Looks like it steals from everyone around here." Adrienne remarked. Fennekin smirked, responding with a spirited Howl and Whip of her Tails. It looks like she's not done yet, you two clearly have more gifts to give. What do you do?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
TKF: Thankfully for you, Adrienne missed the expression that you inevitably had shot her way. "Yes, that makes perfect sense. It's a shame you missed out on Kalos, it's very beautiful, but we also care a lot about appearances. It can be very difficult to fit in there." She explained airily. With you both now bracing for what's about to come, though, the banter was left in the dust of the plains. Chimchar and Froakie raced to reach you as quickly as they could, and thankfully although they were slower than their target, the bolstered Bubbles did their bit and doused the creature. It took a tumble, extinguished, and burst forth from the brush: a female Fennekin, looking quite unhappy to have lost the Expert Belt that was now lost to the grass as well. The mystery of the field is solved, high five for disappointment!

"A Fennekin! And a nasty little one, too!" She announced with a huff, "Where's my Buginium Z you little monster?! Where did you put it?!" The little magician simply batted her eyelashes, as if to picture innocence, staring at you with big and lovely eyes. Adrienne scowled. Chimchar and Froakie arrived, flanking the back, and the fire monkey had the Expert Belt in his hands. What a relief!

"Looks like it steals from everyone around here." Adrienne remarked. Fennekin smirked, responding with a spirited Howl and Whip of her Tails. It looks like she's not done yet, you two clearly have more gifts to give. What do you do?
What a sly little fox, Xander thought as Adrienne took a dig at his appearance.... Froakie and Chimchar came to their rescue in the nick of time, dousing the thief and revealing it before them. A Fennekin who seemed to have a knack for the magical arts. Chimchar had recovered Froakie's Expert Belt but they still needed to recover Adrienne's stolen item, which seemed to be a Buginium Z Crystal. A Kalosian with a Z Crystal? Likely a gift of her vast wealth, certainly bought rather than earned. The fiery fox wasn't shying away from the fight, perhaps it was best to wear it down before trying to determine its motive?

"Now need to get your Vivillion involved, we can handle this. Strange that a Fennekin would take to stealing from travellers though, maybe it has a good reason?" Regardless, if it was going to act aggressive, they would respond in kind. "Froakie start us off with a Bubble, then see if we can get a bit of luck with a Lick. Get in close and strike with a Power-up Punch. Then slam it with a Gunk Shot, really make it think about its actions." If all went well, he might just find himself in a position to add another Starter Pokemon to his team. Was it right to catch this Fennekin just because it was a starter Pokemon though? Sure it would put him one step closer to his dream, but he wasn't about to blindly try and catch a Pokemon he had no connection with?
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
TKF: Adrienne didn't know whether to be insulted or not, but she felt it. It was only brief, however, before she was smirking at you and standing back with folded arms. "Then go right ahead." She said, as Rosetta came to roost on her bright pink top knot. It was a raspberry shade, several darker than the prismatic wings at Vivillion's sides. "Fight for your dream and all that."

The Fennekin howled again, through your orders, and didn't seem like it would fall for the same trick twice. The Bubbles were responded to with Embers, which popped them as they floated through the air, causing a small explosion from the special force. The little fox wasn't particularly happy with the splashes of water that reached her through the smoke, and as she shook her fur dry (not that it was particularly wet to start with), Froakie burst from the cover of the smoke. His tongue lashed out like a whip, disgusting the Fennekin whose face he smeared with saliva, and just as the enemy made to ignite itself, the Power-Up Punch connected. Fennekin was thrown back into the air, but clearly wasn't out for the count, spitting some more Embers at your Froakie for good measure. Thankfully the attack wasn't very effective, but it did enough damage that it was obvious the creature might have been some way ahead of Froakie in strength, and the Gunk Shot attack easily missed. Fennekin was on the grass again, looking entertained by the whole thing. It hadn't come here for a fight, but... If a fight is what you all want...

What do you do?
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
TKF: Adrienne didn't know whether to be insulted or not, but she felt it. It was only brief, however, before she was smirking at you and standing back with folded arms. "Then go right ahead." She said, as Rosetta came to roost on her bright pink top knot. It was a raspberry shade, several darker than the prismatic wings at Vivillion's sides. "Fight for your dream and all that."

The Fennekin howled again, through your orders, and didn't seem like it would fall for the same trick twice. The Bubbles were responded to with Embers, which popped them as they floated through the air, causing a small explosion from the special force. The little fox wasn't particularly happy with the splashes of water that reached her through the smoke, and as she shook her fur dry (not that it was particularly wet to start with), Froakie burst from the cover of the smoke. His tongue lashed out like a whip, disgusting the Fennekin whose face he smeared with saliva, and just as the enemy made to ignite itself, the Power-Up Punch connected. Fennekin was thrown back into the air, but clearly wasn't out for the count, spitting some more Embers at your Froakie for good measure. Thankfully the attack wasn't very effective, but it did enough damage that it was obvious the creature might have been some way ahead of Froakie in strength, and the Gunk Shot attack easily missed. Fennekin was on the grass again, looking entertained by the whole thing. It hadn't come here for a fight, but... If a fight is what you all want...

What do you do?

Xander was impressed by the Fennekin's performance in battle, maybe it was worth catching? For now they needed to regain the upper hand, they had a two on one advantage, they needed to exploit that. Despite its obvious confidence in battle, Xander observed that it seemed to have a limited repertoire of move. So far it had only used Howl, Tail Whip and Ember. It would likely know Scratch, but it likely didn't have too many other moves at its disposal. It was time to neuter its offensive options.

"Froakie, use Water Sport!" The Froakie's bubbles shimmered blue as his Protean, ability shifted his typing from Fighting back to his original Water type. It was a tricky but incredibly useful ability that they were just starting to get the hang of. "Chimchar use Thunder Punch, then see how what you can pull with one of your signature Assists! Froakie, follow up your Water Sport with an Aerial Ace!" He didn't want to stumble or make a mistake in front of Adrienne, he knew she would tear into him as soon as it happened. Maybe he needed to give her something to do so she wasn't just standing there like a lemon, observing his every move?

"Hey Adrienne", Xander looked back at the other trainer. "While I've got Fennekin busy, why don't you send Vivillion out to try and find its den or nest? If it doesn't have your Buginium Z on it, then the next place to look would be its home. Wouldn't hurt to get a head start on the search." Xander wasn't confident she'd listen to him, but if she wanted her precious item back she would learn to.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
ShadowDRGN- You urge Boss to intervene, the Pancham is more than happy to oblige. First point of call, softening the hardened defences of the Corphish. He leers at his opponents, putting a bit of hesitation in their actions and decreasing their defence. He then rushes forward, dropping his shoulder as he attempts to Tackle the crustaceans away from the Buizel. Success! Boss sends one of the Corphish tumbling a few metres, while the other lets go of the Buizel and instead turns its attention to Boss. Free from the grasp of its merciless attackers, the Buizel attempts to regain its feet but struggles to do so. The water weasel remains hunched over, it tries to take a couple of steps but stumbles, it appears to be too weak to walk.

As Boss glares at the Corphish as they prepare to rally, you inquire as to whether your fisherman friend has any Pokemon with him. "If I had any Pokemon with me, don't you think I'd be using them instead of my rod to drive these critters off?" The reply was blunt but far from surprising. It seemed Boss would be alone in this fight. The persistent pair of Corphish snap their claws open and launch a barrage of Bubbles at Boss. The Pancham braces for the hit, standing strong as the bubbles burst on impact. It seems the Corphish are still confident they can come out on top. At least now they seem more concerned with Boss than the Buizel, perhaps giving you an opportunity to get the badly beaten Pokemon out of harms way?
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
TKF: You know that Adrienne is definitely scrutinising your every move and that it's important not to mess up. Still, you don't feel too pressured by it given your exchanges thus far. She's likely to criticise any opening you give, and it's not like she can do any better, or she wouldn't have whined at you in the first place. You were confident, too, that Fennekin didn't have much to use against you, so that helped.

Froakie splashed the field with his Water Sport, thereby making any future embers as weak as they probably should be against the poor thing. What you hadn't thought about, however, was that ordering a Thunder Punch to follow up from Chimchar was a rough mistake, and one that made Adrienne cringe and literally facepalm from the sidelines. Chimchar raced forward, the monkey's fist sparking and then fully lighting up with energy - only for some of that energy to catch the water and rush straight along to Froakie. The poor Pokemon cried out from the super effective, not-so-friendly strike, and neither Chimchar nor Fennekin were too happy, either. You got the intended target and more, it seemed, and when all was said and done, the Assist ended with Chimchar digging under the ground. How convenient, noone can see his embarrassed face down there!

"Yeah. Sounds good. We'll do that." And ooh, there it is. You might have had a point, but said lemon still couldn't get over that little oopsie. "Rosetta, you heard the kid. Go in the direction Fennekin came back from and see if you can find its den or at least the Buginium. Take this." She fastened a small pouch to one of the Vivillion's feet, and the creature took off into the air, pink scales sparkling in the spring sunlight as it left. Fennekin had shaken off the shock, but knew it was only a matter of time before the Chimchar emerged to strike her. Taking advantage of how worn down Froakie already was, the little fox rushed it, moving in to scratch at the newer starter. Froakie's beginning to look worse for wear, and the Fennekin doesn't stop clawing until Chimchar rises up to put a stop to her assault. Fennekin's beginning to tire, but Froakie's looking worse. Chimchar, as expected of the hothead, has a lot more in him, however.

What do you do?[/b]
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
TKF: You know that Adrienne is definitely scrutinising your every move and that it's important not to mess up. Still, you don't feel too pressured by it given your exchanges thus far. She's likely to criticise any opening you give, and it's not like she can do any better, or she wouldn't have whined at you in the first place. You were confident, too, that Fennekin didn't have much to use against you, so that helped.

Froakie splashed the field with his Water Sport, thereby making any future embers as weak as they probably should be against the poor thing. What you hadn't thought about, however, was that ordering a Thunder Punch to follow up from Chimchar was a rough mistake, and one that made Adrienne cringe and literally facepalm from the sidelines. Chimchar raced forward, the monkey's fist sparking and then fully lighting up with energy - only for some of that energy to catch the water and rush straight along to Froakie. The poor Pokemon cried out from the super effective, not-so-friendly strike, and neither Chimchar nor Fennekin were too happy, either. You got the intended target and more, it seemed, and when all was said and done, the Assist ended with Chimchar digging under the ground. How convenient, noone can see his embarrassed face down there!

"Yeah. Sounds good. We'll do that." And ooh, there it is. You might have had a point, but said lemon still couldn't get over that little oopsie. "Rosetta, you heard the kid. Go in the direction Fennekin came back from and see if you can find its den or at least the Buginium. Take this." She fastened a small pouch to one of the Vivillion's feet, and the creature took off into the air, pink scales sparkling in the spring sunlight as it left. Fennekin had shaken off the shock, but knew it was only a matter of time before the Chimchar emerged to strike her. Taking advantage of how worn down Froakie already was, the little fox rushed it, moving in to scratch at the newer starter. Froakie's beginning to look worse for wear, and the Fennekin doesn't stop clawing until Chimchar rises up to put a stop to her assault. Fennekin's beginning to tire, but Froakie's looking worse. Chimchar, as expected of the hothead, has a lot more in him, however.

What do you do?[/b]

Sure enough, the slip up finally came, but despite the unplanned damage to Froakie they managed to maintain their advantage. With the Fennekin now tiring and Adrienne's Vivillion off searching for the lost Z Crystal, Xander considered their options. They could go for a knock out blow, but it seemed a little rough. Perhaps they could restrain the Fennekin, if they kept it conscious they might be able to get some information out of it. "Chimchar, Taunt the Fennekin into attacking you!" Chimchar had the upper hand on Fennekin at this point and he hoped the Fennekin would act rashly in its tired state. Xander then looked to Froakie. The Water type was struggling more than he expected in this fight, but it wasn't about to give up. They exchanged a look, Froakie knew exactly what his trainer wanted from him. Trip the Fennekin with a Grass Knot when it rushed at Chimchar. Xander looked at the puddles of water laying around from Froakie's Water Sport. If they could manage to trip the Fennekin into one of the puddles, he'd order Froakie to freeze it in place with an Ice Beam. If worse came to worse, Chimchar would take the opportunity to land a Gunk Shot, it had missed previously but the Fennekin likely wouldn't have the time or energy to dodge this time.

Xander considered get a Pokeball out of his bag, but his hand stopped a few inches shy of his pack. It didn't feel right for him to try to capture this Fennekin, but maybe Adrienne would like the opportunity. "Hey Adrienne, why don't you capture this Fennekin? I know it stole from you, but maybe it just needs some love and care?"
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
You urge Boss to intervene, the Pancham is more than happy to oblige. First point of call, softening the hardened defences of the Corphish. He leers at his opponents, putting a bit of hesitation in their actions and decreasing their defence. He then rushes forward, dropping his shoulder as he attempts to Tackle the crustaceans away from the Buizel. Success! Boss sends one of the Corphish tumbling a few metres, while the other lets go of the Buizel and instead turns its attention to Boss. Free from the grasp of its merciless attackers, the Buizel attempts to regain its feet but struggles to do so. The water weasel remains hunched over, it tries to take a couple of steps but stumbles, it appears to be too weak to walk.

As Boss glares at the Corphish as they prepare to rally, you inquire as to whether your fisherman friend has any Pokemon with him. "If I had any Pokemon with me, don't you think I'd be using them instead of my rod to drive these critters off?" The reply was blunt but far from surprising. It seemed Boss would be alone in this fight. The persistent pair of Corphish snap their claws open and launch a barrage of Bubbles at Boss. The Pancham braces for the hit, standing strong as the bubbles burst on impact. It seems the Corphish are still confident they can come out on top. At least now they seem more concerned with Boss than the Buizel, perhaps giving you an opportunity to get the badly beaten Pokemon out of harms way?
Jason grins widely as he sees the results of his orders play out in front of him, "awesome! Nice hit, man!" he pumps his fist and calls out to him, before turning back to the old man, "than just leave it to me and Boss!" he replies. As he does so, however, he hears his Pancham grunting as he puts his arms in front of his face, trying not to get stung by the impact of the bursting bubbles, and he quickly turns his attention back to the battle.

"You alright?" he calls. Boss shakes himself dry and gives a thumbs-up as his fierce gaze returns and locks onto the Corphish in front of him. The Trainer scratches his chin as he surveys the situation. Looks like Buizel's even more roughed-up than he thought. Poor little dude...

Without a moment's hesitation, Jason yells out to Boss and eyes Buizel intently, "Boss! Let's try out that new idea we had! Leer the second one and then hit 'em with an Arm Thrust, then Tackle the first one again! Make sure they can't get to Buizel!" he steps forwards, passing by the old man and quickly approaching the hurt Pokemon to pick it up and take it out of the pair's reach.

Boss takes a deep breath and clenches its teeth. He digs his paws into the ground and pulls his arms back, gazing straight at the other Corphish. A small smile appears on Boss's face right before he flings his body forwards and throws a rapid series of strikes with his palms open, hoping to break right through that shell's defenses. As soon as his assault is over, he swivels around and charges at the first Corphish he attacked, making sure as little time as possible was spared to allow either of them to pass.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
ShadowDRGN- Boss leaps to action as you pick up the Buizel, cradling the badly beaten Pokemon in your arms. Boss lowers the Corphish's defence further with another Leer before lunging at one with quick thrusting blows. He quickly pushes it back towards the water's edge, the Water type was starting to look weathered. When the other Corphish rushes Boss with a Vice Grip, the Pancham tackles it to the ground, he clearly has the upper hand at this point. He looks back to you, unsure if you want him to finish this fight or not. Before you can give him orders however, a jet of water strikes him from behind, knocking him away from the Corphish. Looking out into the lake, you spot a Crawdaunt bobbing in the water. It calls out to the Corphish who promptly retreat into the water, was the Crawdaunt their boss? Either way, the battle was over, Boss has likely saved the Buizel's life.

Boss gained 2 levels!

"Well done lad, but I'm afraid that Buizel isn't out of the woods yet. If we can get it back to my cabin my wife might be able to help it, but we'll have to hurry." The Buizel wasn't light, but you could probably carry it, providing it wasn't too far. Boss looks at you with concern, he knows the Pokemon isn't doing too well. "Follow me, this way!" The old fisherman beckons for you to follow as he heads for the trees, moving with surprising swiftness for someone of his age. Hopefully he was right and his wife could help the Buizel, otherwise there was no way of knowing whether it would recover or not.
 
Shiny Hunter Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
95
Reaction score
22
Missingno. Master

The Muk eyed you with an intensity that made your skin crawl... but perhaps the goosebumps you felt were from the awful scent that had filled their surroundings. The Phantump's eyes widened hearing you try to reason with the foul gang, many had tried in your stead but all had failed. The poison gang had continued to take over the arena, spreading their filth in such a manner that it had twisted the very landscape around you. The air was murky, blotting out the light that had once glittered through the messy and gnarled branches. Not to mention the polluted hellscape of the once Earth and fertile ground below you.

Seeing your offering of berries, the Muk simply scoffed. The forest around you was plentiful with berries, they could find those anywhere. It wasn't food that was a problem, it was territory. And Muk was very protective of it's territory. One Grimer in particular had seemed to listen to your entire speech, it's eyes widened in bewilderment. A home? For a monstrosity such as himself? It seemed far too good to be true, and the Muk seemed to feel the same way.


'BOSS.' Said one of the Grimer to it's much larger and more menacing companion. 'MAYBE WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS GIRL. I...' It paused, placing it's large gooey hands together bashfully. 'I'D LOVE A HOME.' It muttered, voice breaking upon picturing what such a home would look like. The Muk scoffed, turning to it's smaller companion.

'WHAT?!' It cried out in disbelief, looking at the Grimer. 'HUMANS ARE THE TRUE POISON OF THIS EARTH. HUMANS ARE THE DESTROYERS OF HABITATS, THE WRATH ON WILD POKEMON, AND THE DEFILERS OF LEGENDS.' It glared at it's subordinate, clearly displeased. 'YOU WANT TO DISGRACE YOUR FAMILY FOR THE FIRST HUMAN THAT BATS THEIR EYES AT YOU?' It scowled, looming over the Grimer. 'PATHETIC.' It cried out loudly, raising a tremendous sludge-filled hand and swatting away the Grimer. The Grimer slammed into the twisted lovers tree, knocked flat and melting into a tremendous green and yellow puddle.

Ava saw how south things had gotten so quickly. Wasting no time, she sprung into action. Her eyes flashed a deep blue as she deployed a Aurora Veil, protecting her and the rest of her teammates. Laugh sprung forward as well, leaping between Terri before the Muk swung his tremendous hand at her. The slap Knocked Laugh Off balance. Thankfully, the slap didn't hurt as much as it normally would due to the Aurora Veil. Laugh let out a low growl at the Muk and remaining Grimer, who all seemed far too afraid of what Muk was capable of to stand up to it. She opened her mouth wide, spraying them all with a Blizzard attack. The Grimer all cried out in response, but the Muk only grinned.

'SEE MY BROTHERS? THE NATURE OF HUMANS IS WAR.' It mustered the best coy smirk it could, looking at it's brothers. 'AND WE CERTAINLY KNOW HOW TO GIVE THEM A WAR.' The remaining Grimer charged ahead of the Muk, acting as a protective meat-shield for their larger companion. The entire line Hardened themselves, creating a literal wall of sludge between Laugh, Ava, Phantump, Terri, and the Muk.

'We're only attacking because you hurt Grimer!' Cried Phantump, it twisted it's body before completely vanishing. Causing visible confusion within both parties.


What do you do?


King Ghidorah

((Sorry if this is a little off, I got the details from Mask and read through your posts to try and get a feel for everything))

Priceless artifacts in a room that few had seen? Consider your curiosity throughly piqued. You just really hoped that you didn't accidentally break anything else in this expansive Hall of Archives. Yamask's cold stare didn't deter you from looking around, although you were almost 99.9% sure that that particular cold glare meant that it was as gung ho as you were to explore the ancient archives.

You walked away from the Drampa, looking around for anything that seemed to jump out at you in such a way that made your eyes glimmer. Yamask floated beside you, it was silent but it's prying eyes seemed to be searching for anything interesting within the archives. Finally your eyes came to rest on something: a scroll. The scroll itself was extremely plain in nature, just an old rolled up scrap of paper. Yet it was presented it such a way that caused your eyes to be drawn to it. It was placed on an elegantly decorated altar, made of gold --- causing you to again ponder how rich this church truly was. Such a plain scroll was surely not deserving of such a fancy stand, but here it was. Maybe it wasn't as plain as you thought...

An array of thoughts swept through your mind, thinking about all the secrets this scroll must hold. Maybe it holds some ancient secrets that have been hidden away for millenia? Or even secret Pokemon moves that have since been lost to the ages? The possibilities were endless! And you were sure one peek wouldn't hurt...


What do you do?
 
Shiny Hunter Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 11, 2017
Messages
95
Reaction score
22
Astre-

At this point, there was still a chance to turn back. Though, how could you? You needed this more than anything. All the guilt and remorse would soon melt away into sweet bliss. Sure, it was selfish, and after it was done you hoped you'd be forgiven. But, for now, this was all you needed. You took a drag of your cigarette as you continued to walk through this playground, feeling memories of your time on the street tug at your mind.

Your heart was broken into pieces, the love of your life only came back to use you. Sure, there was still Vinny, and you hoped that you would be able to atone to her after you were done here, but besides that you were basically a dead man walking back to destruction. The sweet whisper of temptation clouded your mind. The cigarette on your lips wouldn't be enough at this rate. After all, if it was you wouldn't even be here.

You take a step forward, despite your Leafeon's pleas. Those who lined the street only lived to feel the only way they knew how. Money was nothing to them but a means to an end. A means to an end... Kyle could've fulfilled that role. But he abandoned you, again, and again, and again. Even now you felt you were hearing him. Telling you to stop. Yet he wasn't there. It was the part of you that didn't want to go back to this life. There was still the option.

While contemplating your next action, you felt someone brush against you. A small, hooded figure with no discernible details. They just kept walking, but you could hear a small giggle as they did. Checking your pockets, you could feel the rest of your cigarettes gone. By the time you notice, they break out into sprint while giggling even louder. Pickpockets were common, but there was something off about it. There felt a slight urge to follow it for some reason.

What do you do?
There is no other way.

Isaac felt the mantra play inside inside his head. A defense of his own actions? Perhaps. But his mind was reeling, and he needed the one thing that would make him feel numb... the thing that would take all his worries and woes away. He was caught up in a rush, a rush of emotions that made his head hurt.

Heartbreak? Yeah, of course it was common. But he just kept letting it happen to him. It was always the same with Kyle. I want you, but only when I want you. It could never be on Isaac's own terms, it always had to be what other people wanted and for the first time in a long time, Isaac felt like he was finally controlling that. He could feel the stern gaze of Vinny's brown eyes on the back of his neck, he glanced backwards, producing her bright red Cherish Ball and pulling her inside. She didn't need to see him like this, hell, he didn't want to see himself when the bliss finally hit him. It would be like a wave washing over him, a wave of utter nothingness.

And he welcomed it.

Isaac was so caught up in thinking about things that had yet to happen that he hardly noticed the small figure slink beside him. He paid them no mind, taking another sharp draw from his cigarette before flicking the ashes to the ground. He could practically feel Vinny straining against her Pokeball in his pocket, but it felt... lighter somehow. The figure, now a feet feet ahead of him let out a giggle.

Something was wrong.

Isaac placed a hand on his pockets suddenly, realizing that something might be amiss. He felt the familiar Pokeballs, six in total, his own lighter and... he patted his pocket in a panic. His cigarettes were gone.

"H-hey!" He shouted. He needed those, they were the only thing keeping this nagging itch away. The only thing keeping him grounded to sobriety. "Give those back!" He yelled out, causing the figure to break into a sprint while cackling manically. Isaac's face twisted into a scowl, he took a giant puff from his cigarette before breaking into a sprint, following after the hooded figure.
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,845
Reaction score
7
Missingno. Master

The Muk eyed you with an intensity that made your skin crawl... but perhaps the goosebumps you felt were from the awful scent that had filled their surroundings. The Phantump's eyes widened hearing you try to reason with the foul gang, many had tried in your stead but all had failed. The poison gang had continued to take over the arena, spreading their filth in such a manner that it had twisted the very landscape around you. The air was murky, blotting out the light that had once glittered through the messy and gnarled branches. Not to mention the polluted hellscape of the once Earth and fertile ground below you.

Seeing your offering of berries, the Muk simply scoffed. The forest around you was plentiful with berries, they could find those anywhere. It wasn't food that was a problem, it was territory. And Muk was very protective of it's territory. One Grimer in particular had seemed to listen to your entire speech, it's eyes widened in bewilderment. A home? For a monstrosity such as himself? It seemed far too good to be true, and the Muk seemed to feel the same way.


'BOSS.' Said one of the Grimer to it's much larger and more menacing companion. 'MAYBE WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS GIRL. I...' It paused, placing it's large gooey hands together bashfully. 'I'D LOVE A HOME.' It muttered, voice breaking upon picturing what such a home would look like. The Muk scoffed, turning to it's smaller companion.

'WHAT?!' It cried out in disbelief, looking at the Grimer. 'HUMANS ARE THE TRUE POISON OF THIS EARTH. HUMANS ARE THE DESTROYERS OF HABITATS, THE WRATH ON WILD POKEMON, AND THE DEFILERS OF LEGENDS.' It glared at it's subordinate, clearly displeased. 'YOU WANT TO DISGRACE YOUR FAMILY FOR THE FIRST HUMAN THAT BATS THEIR EYES AT YOU?' It scowled, looming over the Grimer. 'PATHETIC.' It cried out loudly, raising a tremendous sludge-filled hand and swatting away the Grimer. The Grimer slammed into the twisted lovers tree, knocked flat and melting into a tremendous green and yellow puddle.

Ava saw how south things had gotten so quickly. Wasting no time, she sprung into action. Her eyes flashed a deep blue as she deployed a Aurora Veil, protecting her and the rest of her teammates. Laugh sprung forward as well, leaping between Terri before the Muk swung his tremendous hand at her. The slap Knocked Laugh Off balance. Thankfully, the slap didn't hurt as much as it normally would due to the Aurora Veil. Laugh let out a low growl at the Muk and remaining Grimer, who all seemed far too afraid of what Muk was capable of to stand up to it. She opened her mouth wide, spraying them all with a Blizzard attack. The Grimer all cried out in response, but the Muk only grinned.

'SEE MY BROTHERS? THE NATURE OF HUMANS IS WAR.' It mustered the best coy smirk it could, looking at it's brothers. 'AND WE CERTAINLY KNOW HOW TO GIVE THEM A WAR.' The remaining Grimer charged ahead of the Muk, acting as a protective meat-shield for their larger companion. The entire line Hardened themselves, creating a literal wall of sludge between Laugh, Ava, Phantump, Terri, and the Muk.

'We're only attacking because you hurt Grimer!' Cried Phantump, it twisted it's body before completely vanishing. Causing visible confusion within both parties.


What do you do?
The offered berries did little, if anything, to sway Muk. Food was never a problem for them, but then, Terri hadn't thought food was the problem. She had hoped that in doing this she might help them see that there were humans that'd be willing to give to them, rather than take from them. Help them, rather than hurt them. Unfortunately, Muk didn't seem to see it this way.

But one of the Grimer seemed to feel otherwise. Terri smiled as her words seemed to get through to one of the Alolan sludge puddles, moreso as said Grimer tried to talk a little sense into Muk. Unfortunately, Muk wasn't having any of this. The big blobby boss retorted to Grimer, and its words sent a chill down Terri's spine. "HUMANS ARE THE TRUE POISON OF THIS EARTH. DESTROYERS OF HABITATS. WRATH ON WILD POKéMON. DEFILERS OF LEGENDS." Those words, that attitude, it was one Terri was all too familiar with, and seeing the Grimer getting swatted aside struck more of a nerve than they even knew.

Laugh, however, knew. Since meeting Terri, since falling in love with her, the couple had come to learn all about each other, and this meant Laugh knew good and well why Muk's attitude would be so unpleasantly familiar to Terri. The Froslass, along with the Alolan Ninetales, sprang into action, the latter erecting an Aurora Veil. Laugh, however, unleashed a powerful Blizzard, not just at Muk, but also at the Grimer! In the heat of the moment, the Froslass had failed to realize that the Grimer hadn't deserved that attack, and even as Terri opened her mouth to say something, Laugh was already looking back at her, fearful that she might have screwed this up.

Indeed, such a fear seemed justified at the moment, for Muk was using the Blizzard to convince the other Grimer that the nature of humans is war. This spurred the Grimer into action, Hardening themselves into a wall of sludge to protect Muk from further attack.

"I'm sorry," Laugh said to Terri. "I only wanted to stop the Muk-"

"I know, Terri said soothingly. "I don't blame you, Laugh. But we don't have to attack them. That only proves Muk's point, and... and I don't..."

Laugh nodded understandingly, giving Terri a warm (figuratively), comforting embrace before she could become too overwhelmed by her thoughts. "I know you don't," she whispered as Terri hugged her back.

Once they broke apart, Terri stepped forward to address the wall of sludge. "I told you, I don't want to fight," she said. "Phantump is right- we only retaliated because Muk attacked one of you, because to these Pokémon, a fight was looking inevitable. But I know that's not the case." She took out a Poké Ball at this point and tossed it up, from which emerged Help the Comfey. "Help, make your way over to that tree," Terri instructed the Posy Picker Pokémon. "You'll find an Alolan Grimer there that took major damage- please do what you can for it."

"Absolutely," nodded Help. This scene, the foul stench, the disgusting atmosphere, it wasn't one that Help was particularly comfortable with, but she could overcome this discomfort- there was a Pokémon in need, and to a healing soul like a Comfey, that trumped everything. She had to, of course, make sure Muk didn't try and stop her, but she figured this was doable enough- if Muk posed a problem, she intended to use Acrobatics, not to attack, but to try and maneuver past it. And follow it up with a soothing Heal Bell upon reaching the Grimer in question.

"I won't attack if you won't," Terri continued speaking to the Poison/Dark-types. "I am not like that. My nature is not war. I stand by what I said- there are humans who would welcome and accept you. There is love to be found out there."

Laugh nodded. "There is,"" she agreed, floating to Terri's side and taking hold of her hand. "I'm very sorry I attacked you all like that, but it wasn't on Terri's orders. It was because I feared for her life when you swatted Grimer away- I feared she'd be next."

While this was going on, Terri wondered what Phantump was up to. Their arboreal ally appeared to have vanished into thin air after retorting to Muk's words. Terri figured this was the charging of a Phantom Force attack, but she hoped the Phantump didn't do anything that might escalate the situation unnecessarily. Even now she was convinced that this could be settled without a fight. If they could reach one of the Grimer with words alone, surely there was hope for the others. Maybe even the Muk as well.

One of Terri's Poké Balls wobbled violently. Terri gave a small, understanding smile, knowing immediately exactly which one this was. "Go ahead, then," she said, taking the ball out of her bag and enlarging it. "Have your say."

The ball's occupant took this as her cue to burst free from her spherical confines. The Furret looked over at the Muk and the wall of Grimer shielding it. "Y'know, believe it or not, I been where you guys have been," she said. "I hated humans. Still ain't sure about a lot of 'em, in fact, and I know for a fact there's shitty ones out there, from personal experience," she spat. "But that ain't all of 'em. Meeting Terri taught me that. You might not want to let yourselves be swayed by what she says, and believe me, I get that. Y'know what humans did to me? First off, one of those fuckwads who used to have me on his team let me go because he thought I was too damn weak to be any good. Then, more humans came along, took out the Rattata infestation I'd been relying on to survive in the wild. And then, more humans started trying to stop any humans from going anywhere near my territory because I'd gotten a reputation for attacking and trying to kill anything I could. Humans screwed me over at every turn... so you wanna know why I'm with her?" she asked, gesturing to Terri. "She convinced me to give humans one more chance. I wasn't sure about it, I'd been burned so much before... but I ain't regretted listening to her yet," she stated. "There fucking are good humans out there, dammit! And if you just stay here, never giving them a chance, you ain't never gonna see that for yourselves. And... and that ain't right. You deserve to see it for yourselves. And that includes you, too, big fella in the back," she added to the Muk specifically. She looked back at Terri, and they smiled at each other, before turning back to the Grimer and Muk. All they could do now was wait and see what would happen. Ava stood by- the Alolan Ninetales knew better than to launch an attack, but was intent on reapplying the Aurora Veil if it proved necessary, while Laugh was all set to try and Protect them all.
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
Boss leaps to action as you pick up the Buizel, cradling the badly beaten Pokemon in your arms. Boss lowers the Corphish's defence further with another Leer before lunging at one with quick thrusting blows. He quickly pushes it back towards the water's edge, the Water type was starting to look weathered. When the other Corphish rushes Boss with a Vice Grip, the Pancham tackles it to the ground, he clearly has the upper hand at this point. He looks back to you, unsure if you want him to finish this fight or not. Before you can give him orders however, a jet of water strikes him from behind, knocking him away from the Corphish. Looking out into the lake, you spot a Crawdaunt bobbing in the water. It calls out to the Corphish who promptly retreat into the water, was the Crawdaunt their boss? Either way, the battle was over, Boss has likely saved the Buizel's life.

Boss gained 2 levels!

"Well done lad, but I'm afraid that Buizel isn't out of the woods yet. If we can get it back to my cabin my wife might be able to help it, but we'll have to hurry." The Buizel wasn't light, but you could probably carry it, providing it wasn't too far. Boss looks at you with concern, he knows the Pokemon isn't doing too well. "Follow me, this way!" The old fisherman beckons for you to follow as he heads for the trees, moving with surprising swiftness for someone of his age. Hopefully he was right and his wife could help the Buizel, otherwise there was no way of knowing whether it would recover or not.
"Holy crap, you're a heavy dude!" Jason exclaims as he hefts the Pokemon into his arms and quickly backs away. He keeps his eyes focused on the battle, watching eagerly as Boss expertly knocks away the two Corphish with his hard-hitting moves. All that's left is to land a decisive blow, then he can go in for his first capture!

He grabs the Poke Ball he prepared in his pocket and begins to call out to Boss, "nice stuff! Let's-" he's cut off suddenly by the stream of water hits the back of the Pokemon's head, making it tumble away from his opponents. The Trainer gasps and runs up to Pancham, kneeling down to make sure he wasn't hurt too badly by that attack.

Boss appears a bit disoriented from getting knocked-over, and spends a moment stumbling to his feet before he instantly flings up his fists, ready to brawl whoever came in with that cheap shot. A moment later, he realizes that the Corphish have retreated, and he looks over to Jason with a disappointed look on his face.

"Sorry, man. Looks like they booked it," Jason says sympathetically, before he directs his gaze to the Buizel in his arms, "but hey! Thanks to you, we got them away from this little dude, so it's still a win, ain't it?"

Pancham returns a small, victorious smirk before the old man gets their attention and explains that they need to hurry, whereupon he looks at Jason decisively and starts running after the man. The Trainer nods back and rises to his feet, turning to follow with a brisk jog while he held the heavy Pokemon in his arms carefully, "I'm coming!" he calls after him. Luckily, Jason's no stranger to delivering things, so whatever distance he needs to cover help save this Buizel, he's willing to do it twice over!

He glances back down at the Buizel as he runs and says under his breath, "don't worry, little dude. You're gonna be feeling like new in no time."
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
200
Reaction score
3
ShadowDRGN- You dodge and weave your way through the trees, following the lead of the old fisherman as Boss remains hot on your heels. It isn't long before you spot a sizeable log cabin up ahead, smoke billows out the chimney, at least that likely meant the man's wife was home. The fisherman bursts through the door, spooking his wife as he tosses his rod up against the wall. You follow him into the home, your chest heavy after such the frenzied rush through the forest.

"Quick Darla, grab the first aid kit, this Buizel needs your help", the fisherman urges his wife to act quickly, the grey haired old woman moves as quick as she can to the kitchen, where she retrieves a small bag full of medical supplies.

"What have you found this time Greg?" She questions, still try to get a read on the situation. "Bring it into the spare bedroom, I'll do my best to help it, but it doesn't look good." You follow the woman into a small bedroom, where she urges you to place the Buizel on the small, single bed. You gently place the Buizel down before stepping back and allowing the woman to get to work. "What happened to it, you didn't do this did you kid?" She opens the bag and pulls out a potion, which she begins to spray on the Buizel's wounds.

"It wasn't him", Greg groans, "it was some bastard Corphish, you know what some of those Pokemon are like around the Full Moon." The woman continues to work, now pulling out some bandages which she begins to wind around the Buizel's bruised limbs.

"I think Buizel is going to be alright, but it needs to rest and get some food as well." Darla looks you over, she hadn't really gotten a chance to take you in yet. "Kid there is a Sitrus berry tree not far to the north of the cabin, why don't you go grab a couple of berries for Buizel, your Pancham could probably use one as well." There wasn't much you could do right now, but if the berries would help Buizel recover, maybe it was worth the effort?
 
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
276
Reaction score
0
You dodge and weave your way through the trees, following the lead of the old fisherman as Boss remains hot on your heels. It isn't long before you spot a sizeable log cabin up ahead, smoke billows out the chimney, at least that likely meant the man's wife was home. The fisherman bursts through the door, spooking his wife as he tosses his rod up against the wall. You follow him into the home, your chest heavy after such the frenzied rush through the forest.

"Quick Darla, grab the first aid kit, this Buizel needs your help", the fisherman urges his wife to act quickly, the grey haired old woman moves as quick as she can to the kitchen, where she retrieves a small bag full of medical supplies.

"What have you found this time Greg?" She questions, still try to get a read on the situation. "Bring it into the spare bedroom, I'll do my best to help it, but it doesn't look good." You follow the woman into a small bedroom, where she urges you to place the Buizel on the small, single bed. You gently place the Buizel down before stepping back and allowing the woman to get to work. "What happened to it, you didn't do this did you kid?" She opens the bag and pulls out a potion, which she begins to spray on the Buizel's wounds.

"It wasn't him", Greg groans, "it was some bastard Corphish, you know what some of those Pokemon are like around the Full Moon." The woman continues to work, now pulling out some bandages which she begins to wind around the Buizel's bruised limbs.

"I think Buizel is going to be alright, but it needs to rest and get some food as well." Darla looks you over, she hadn't really gotten a chance to take you in yet. "Kid there is a Sitrus berry tree not far to the north of the cabin, why don't you go grab a couple of berries for Buizel, your Pancham could probably use one as well." There wasn't much you could do right now, but if the berries would help Buizel recover, maybe it was worth the effort?
Jason lets out a relieved sigh as he sees that cabin come into view behind the trees, and steps up the pace for that last little stretch until he's in the door, looking behind him to make sure Boss was keeping up.

The man's wife sees a rather street-looking kid wearing a sweat-soaked tee and baggy pants rush into the house behind the fisherman. He barely takes any time to look around at the inside of the house before he hurries into the bedroom upon her direction. With his arms stiff and feeling like they were carrying a pile of rocks, he carefully manuvers his body to set the Buizel onto the bed and promptly drops into a cross-legged position on the floor to catch his breath. Boss saunters up behind him and gives him some encouraging pats on the back before he joins him on the floor.

"Hey! I wouldn't beat-up a Pokemon that bad," he protests windedly, nodding as the fisherman chimes in to vouch for him, "and what's up with the Full Moon? Are the Pokemon around here part-Lycanroc or something?" he asks a bit snarkily.

After taking a bit of time to rest, he stands up and takes a look at Buizel. A huge sense of relief washes over him as it looks like he's going to be alright, and his breathing finally starts to return to normal. Boss climbs up onto the corner of the bed to look, too, and Jason looks over to return the back pat with a bit of a playful roughness, "heh, see? We both did good, didn't we?" Boss nods in response and proudly grins back.

Jason sticks his hands in his sagging pockets and looks to Darla as she speaks of the Sitrus Berry tree, "oh? Sure, me and Boss can go grab some" he looks to Boss and the two share a nod before he looks back at her, "and uhh, sorry about barging in, ma'am," he says, gesturing to Buizel, "this dude was getting ganged-up on majorly by those Corphish. Reminded me of a bunch of dirty cowards I used to know."
 
Top