The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks

Fizzytopian Idol
Reaction score
Zain: You decide that your art work would have to wait, what with the urgency of the situation. It must take something damn impressive to spook a herd from the Rhy family, and you ask your trusty Pokedex just what kind of natural predators there are that could do such a thing.

The Rhyhorn family does not have many natural predators. Dexter begins authoritively, the words spoken clearly and in a digitised but crisp voice, With many holding the Lightningrod ability, the Rhyhorn family are not only immune to electrical attacks but actively draw them away from allies, and the strong hides of their evolved forms make them resistant to fire-type moves. Furthermore, Rhydon are capable of surfing through water, in spite of their weakness to their typing. Although some of the young in their family are more easily spooked, the Rhy family are powerful, and can cause a lot of damage when thrown into a rage or stampede.

Well, that was that then. They could have been scared by anything out of the corner of their eye, or you could have been walking towards some sort of horrendous monstrosity, given how few things could naturally prove a threat to a horde of these beasts. It's on the way said monstrosity that you and Lucifer spot what looks to be a woman crumpled on the ground, her clothes torn covered in both dirt and fresh blood – a lot of it. She's sobbing, and the closer you get the more that you can see that she looks like she's been dragged through a hedge maze, backwards. At the sound of your footsteps, she tearfully looks up. At first, it's in fear, but then she seems utterly relieved.

“Oh, thank god... A trainer...” Although, when the woman sees Lucifer properly, her expression falters. It seems like she's unsure what to think of the Absol and what its omen represents, but she has no choice but to appeal to you anyway. “Please, sir-- you have to help me! I come from a small village out west of here, we're like an outpost, really-- a group of people from my village and some travellers, they were out on a trek, and they've been kidnapped! By monsters, they were absolute monsters, please! You have to go, or they're all going to die! If nobody helps them, they're all going to die! Please, you and your Pokemon, they have to do something! Someone has to do something...”

The woman breaks down again, curling into herself in floods of tears. It looks like you've discovered something, that's for damn sure. A literal monster, a boogeyman, some heinous human being? Well, you're either going to find out, or you're going to walk your smart arse some other direction. What do you do?

Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - After your surprise at the Cartoon Physics of Mold Breaker, you remarked that these were unnaturally strong Pokemon, so the cave must house some strong creatures, including a Missingno. You decided to play differently this time, commanding Aster to set up a Wide Guard, which protected your Pokemon, and Anion gave Stewie a Helping Hand, performing multiple quick movements, releasing an electric pulse, which powered Stewie up. Stewie tapped into his Shadow powers, dark spikes erupting from the ground and striking all three opponents.

Kommo-o performed a Clangorous Soul, raising all its stats, and Druddigon Tormented Aster, which cancelled any chances of him using Wide Guard again. Salamence just stood here, menacingly. Then, a stone on the wall glittered, light shining onto Salamence's neck. The light slowly intensified, as Salamence was enveloped by a purple energy, as a Mega sign appeared above it. Salamence had Mega Evolved!

By then, the Wide Guard had wore off, so Salamence went in for a huge strike on Stewie, the recoil from it making the attack a Double-Edged sword, and Salamence's flying mastery seemed to Aerilate the attack, dealing more Flying damage than Normal damage, which wasn't exactly good.

Reaction score
Zain: You decide that your art work would have to wait, what with the urgency of the situation. It must take something damn impressive to spook a herd from the Rhy family, and you ask your trusty Pokedex just what kind of natural predators there are that could do such a thing.

The Rhyhorn family does not have many natural predators. Dexter begins authoritively, the words spoken clearly and in a digitised but crisp voice, With many holding the Lightningrod ability, the Rhyhorn family are not only immune to electrical attacks but actively draw them away from allies, and the strong hides of their evolved forms make them resistant to fire-type moves. Furthermore, Rhydon are capable of surfing through water, in spite of their weakness to their typing. Although some of the young in their family are more easily spooked, the Rhy family are powerful, and can cause a lot of damage when thrown into a rage or stampede.

Well, that was that then. They could have been scared by anything out of the corner of their eye, or you could have been walking towards some sort of horrendous monstrosity, given how few things could naturally prove a threat to a horde of these beasts. It's on the way said monstrosity that you and Lucifer spot what looks to be a woman crumpled on the ground, her clothes torn covered in both dirt and fresh blood – a lot of it. She's sobbing, and the closer you get the more that you can see that she looks like she's been dragged through a hedge maze, backwards. At the sound of your footsteps, she tearfully looks up. At first, it's in fear, but then she seems utterly relieved.

“Oh, thank god... A trainer...” Although, when the woman sees Lucifer properly, her expression falters. It seems like she's unsure what to think of the Absol and what its omen represents, but she has no choice but to appeal to you anyway. “Please, sir-- you have to help me! I come from a small village out west of here, we're like an outpost, really-- a group of people from my village and some travellers, they were out on a trek, and they've been kidnapped! By monsters, they were absolute monsters, please! You have to go, or they're all going to die! If nobody helps them, they're all going to die! Please, you and your Pokemon, they have to do something! Someone has to do something...”

The woman breaks down again, curling into herself in floods of tears. It looks like you've discovered something, that's for damn sure. A literal monster, a boogeyman, some heinous human being? Well, you're either going to find out, or you're going to walk your smart arse some other direction. What do you do?
Zain's thought process flitted from curiosity to suspicion to a profound Holy shit, what the hell happened here? He's overwhelmed by the woman's explanation at first before calming himself."Oh crap. um...I don't have much in the way of medical supplies, but I can do what I can. Surely what you talked about weren't monsters, per see...? What or who the hell did this?" Zain asked, kneeling to inspect the woman and putting a hand on her shoulder. "Holy shit, calm down. I'll do what I can, but I'll need a more detailed explanation to go off of. What do you need and where is your outpost?" Zain's curiosity had faded completely, replaced with anger and shock. He couldn't leave these people. "Err...that's gotta hurt like a bastard. I can't just leave someone bleeding out in the middle of the desert...and for all I know this may well be a trap. Can you guide me to the village?" Zain is aware that someone that desperate is probably not lying to him, but he is still wary. This is the safest way for him to both help the woman (with her predicament and to make sure she doesn't die), and watch her to ensure she isn't deceiving him(though of course, he does not tell her that). Zain observes Lucifer, who looks on with a pensive and sorrowful expression. Is this what you were trying to warn me about, friend? "If what you said is true we need to hurry. What's your name?" Zain says. Now Zain is no moral paragon, but his thoughts are racing with both anger that someone would do this to ordinary people. Well, I'm definitely on to something. I just came here to explore, and now i'm on the fringe of something likely bigger than I am...am I sure I can help these people, or am I just lying to her? Will I fail? But I can't just condemn these innocent people... He takes a breath, steels himself and gestures to the woman and holds out a hand for her. "C'mon. Don't worry, I'm sure it will be okay."

Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Reaction score

Naru-

You and your Espeon walk through the Lover's Grove. A place where usually young couples come to look for a happy future together. You could see multitudes of these couples as you walked through the oak trees. Yet you weren't here for love. You were here to lament, and Ahri was as well. Both of you lost someone you loved dearly, and losing them still hurt to this day.

You knew you drove Kyle away. He had a brief glimmer of hope when Kyle came back into your life, but he just used you just as you used him. It was only a night, but it was just long enough to cement you were never getting him back. You also knew that Ahri was never getting Ahi back. That her lover suddenly disappeared along with his trainer. She was being strong for her kids, but you could tell she was hurting as well.

But this wasn't just a trip to mop around, it was also a trip to let go. This place served as a crossroads for all kinds of love, and you were looking for the path that lead you to leave your love behind. It wasn't going to be easy. The scars Kyle left on you would last forever.

As you continue through the forest, you start to notice small pools of water littering the oak trees. You could see couples peering into them and laugh as they talked to their heart's content. These pools seemed to reflect what the saw in their love. There was a magic to it, but that sort of divination could lead to disastrous results.

"Isaac."

You heard your name, a voice calling to you.

"Come closer Isaac."

It couldn't be... No... That was certainly Kyle's voice. But what was he doing here? He had someone else that he was happy with. Someone else that would actually give him the love you couldn't. You look at Ahri, and see that she seems to be going through a similar thing.

Then, from the corner of the eye, you see one of the ponds ripple. It seemed to be calling you.

"Isaac please, save me."

The voice was more desperate, and you see a small twinkle from the pool.

What do you do?

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - After your surprise at the Cartoon Physics of Mold Breaker, you remarked that these were unnaturally strong Pokemon, so the cave must house some strong creatures, including a Missingno. You decided to play differently this time, commanding Aster to set up a Wide Guard, which protected your Pokemon, and Anion gave Stewie a Helping Hand, performing multiple quick movements, releasing an electric pulse, which powered Stewie up. Stewie tapped into his Shadow powers, dark spikes erupting from the ground and striking all three opponents.

Kommo-o performed a Clangorous Soul, raising all its stats, and Druddigon Tormented Aster, which cancelled any chances of him using Wide Guard again. Salamence just stood here, menacingly. Then, a stone on the wall glittered, light shining onto Salamence's neck. The light slowly intensified, as Salamence was enveloped by a purple energy, as a Mega sign appeared above it. Salamence had Mega Evolved!

By then, the Wide Guard had wore off, so Salamence went in for a huge strike on Stewie, the recoil from it making the attack a Double-Edged sword, and Salamence's flying mastery seemed to Aerilate the attack, dealing more Flying damage than Normal damage, which wasn't exactly good.
Keith grinned as Stewie landed a powerful blow. The Ledian wasn't the fondest of anything what that reminded him of his time as a Shadow Pokémon, but such unease was generally put to rest by reassurance that he was using these powers for good. And right now, taking down these daunting dragons definitely qualified.

But that alone wasn't doing the trick. The enemies weren't doing anything that would run afoul of Wide Guard, and Kommo-o was performing an odd move that seemed to power it up and harm it simultaneously. Keith consulted his Pokédex for some sort of an explanation.

"Kommo-o's special attack- Clangorous Soul," said the Pokédex. "It powers itself up at the cost of hit points."

"Oof, that's not good," Keith remarked.

"....it just got even worse," Meowth squeaked, spotting it at the same time Keith did- one of the stones on the wall shining onto Salamence's neck. And then, Salamence made a transformation, one Keith never would have believed of a wild Pokémon- it Mega Evolved!

"...that's even more not good!" Keith exclaimed.

"Ya tink?!" Meowth retorted.

And then, Mega Salamence attacked- a powerful, forceful, super effective Double-Edge, aimed right at Stewie! Yes, super effective- now Mega Evolved, Salamence had Aerilate, which meant its Normal moves were now Flying moves, and the Ledian took major damage!

Keith had to think, and think fast- these Dragon-types were looking like less and less of a joke, and he didn't take them for a joke to begin with. And now, one of them was able to freaking Mega Evolve in the wild?!

"Wh-wh-wat do we do?" Meowth squeaked.

Keith did not say anything just yet, regarding the trio of Dragon-types warily. Then, his expression changed from wary to determined. He stood up straight, and adjusted the brim of his Mega Hat. "We fight back harder," he stated. He turned to his Shiny Toxapex and held out the Poison Ball. "Return now, Aster!" he declared, withdrawing the Poison/Water-type. "You were great," Keith murmured to the ball as he minimized it in his hand. "Don't you worry, we got this." He placed the Poison Ball back on his belt and in its place plucked off a regular Poké Ball. "Alright- Chuck, I choose you!" Keith declared, hurling the sphere forward from which his Gengar emerged. Grinning, Chuck said nothing, and merely glanced around at his surroundings and adversaries, taking particular notice of the Mega Salamence with no Trainer around.

"...I think I'm correct in assuming we're to go all out?" the Gengar finally inquired, impish grin still in place.

Keith gave a nod and a grin of his own. "That you are," he confirmed. "Now, Chuck!" he added, gripping the brim of his Mega Hat. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared.

At once, three tendrils of energy erupted from the Gengarite set into Chuck's headband, while another three erupted from the Key Stone set into Keith's iconic cowboy hat. These tendrils of energy connected in midair, linking Key Stone to Gengarite- linking Keith to Chuck. And completely in sync with his Trainer, Chuck underwent a magnificent transformation, submerging his laughable legs beneath the cave floor as a third eye opened on the forehead of the
!

Chuck's Gengarite is reacting to Keith's Mega Hat!

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!

Chuck has Mega Evolved into Mega Gengar!​
Now armed with a spunky and confident Minun, a powerful and loyal Ledian, and now a Mega Gengar, Keith looked more ready than ever before. Even Meowth seemed to be calming down somewhat.

"Let's do this!" Keith declared. "Anion, take the Kommo-o! Magnet Rise, in the air, circle around and around it, and strike with Acrobatics when you see an opening!"

"Mai mai!" Anion nodded, already getting ready to float into the air by way of electromagnetic energy.

"Stewie, stay on the Salamence!" Keith added, now addressing his Ledian. "Fly circles around it with Agility, and strike with Ice Punch when an opening presents itself!"

"Led, ledi!" nodded Stewie, all set to start moving.

"Chuck, that leaves you and Druddigon for the moment," Keith stated. "Bulk Up, then Ice Punch! Don't worry," he added, correctly interpreting the Gengar's momentary hesitation. "It doesn't have Rough Skin, it has Mold Breaker."

"Ah, well, then!" grinned Chuck as he started to Bulk himself Up like the Machop he was when he was alive. "Let's get this party started, shall we?"

Reaction score
THE ARCANE REALM

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..." Nyx Avatar (Persona 3)

Once a simple place where new trainers were sent to learn the basics of adventuring, with the vast changes to Fizzytopia the Arcane Realm seemed to have faded from existence. Though gone, it was never forgotten by the bitter trainers who were forced into spending what felt like years in that simplistic place. A place where no growth was truly given, and only stagnation existed. Yet, when the realm disappeared, all were freed from their restraints and truly allowed to begin anew.

Now, it seems that the Arcane Realm has resurfaced in Fizzytopia. Showing up where the old Arcane Realm use to be, this new one is vastly different then the one that the denizens of Fizzytopia are used to. Now truly a place of magic and mystery, it says the very land itself is influenced by the “cards”/ What these cards are, and what they refer to nobody particularly knows. The only thing that is certain, though, is that this Arcane Realm is teeming with life, and has infinite possibilities for adventure.
The Forest of Wands

Once monikered the Forest of Adventure, the Forest of Wands has been changed and twisted by the surplus of magical energy flowing through the Arcane Realm. THe once simplistic woods are now a labyrinth where magic flows through the roots of the trees and a sense of dread and whimsy encompass all who enter. Though, it was possible that this was here the entire time, like everything else, and the deep magic that flows through these woods caused trainers to dream of the much more simplistic Arcane Realm. (Please reply in SeaGreen)

VI. Lover’s Grove - Named for the two giant oaks twisted around each other, said to be the eternal form of a princess and her commoner lover. Couples can commonly be seen coming here, sitting under the oaks and gazing into the small pond next to it. Various berries and flowers grow under these oaks, said to be the fruits of love. Yet, important life decisions are made here, and for a simplistic place there is often danger lurking about for the couples who venture here.
Walking through the forest Rylie can't but think of the one he spent time in as a child, the light peering through the canopy, the sounds and the smells all bring him back to a time before he had gotten to know the Eevee he now calls his partner. As he continues along a path created Rylie is brought back to reality by a nuzzle from his long time friend. Looking to her he smiles saying "Heh, sorry about that.. you know how I can get in places like this" before finding a nice bunch of leaves to sit down on. "Come on, let's get some rest."

Laying his scarf and bag down on the ground Rylie sets up a makeshift picnic for him and his partner, using the scarf to keep his food off of the forest floor and taking out a small pink bowl for Naula. "Hmm, seems like we're getting low on supplies, should stock up on some berries while we make our way to the pond". "Hey Naula, how are you holding up girl" Rylie asks before giving her some light scratches in her mane causing her to mew happily.

As time passes and both of them finish their food Rylie begins to pack up shop, dusting off his scarf and packing away Naula's bowl before slipping back on his scarf and pack. "Well that should hold us until we get there, come on girl I think we should be getting fairly close to the grove."

Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
Danny Draws A lot:

You had this overall fear trying to settle in you, that you should turn around and not come back. Something just seemed to set you off about this place but you couldn't point out what.
Slowly Amilia answered your questions one by one as best as she could.

"No we aren't there yet, I'll let you know when you can get out, The meteorites are deeper in the desert but due to this area being a protected area we will hike in on foot after I park the truck at my usual spot.

We have enough food prepped in all our bags to last each of us three days out here. There are stories about a child that wound up transforming into a Dijn that loosely relates to Jirachi, but to my knowledge, there aren't any legendaries or mythicals.
Lost explorers yes, Deaths, no. Phone service sucks out here. Again in each of our packs is a GPS system with a set of instructions should I be separated from the two of you.
The catching of pokemon rule is kind of iffy here since it's hard to come across pokemon in big groups out here."

About two hours later Amilia brought the truck to a stop outside a cliff wall, where the path from town into the desert stopped.
"Alright we treck in and you two are to follow my orders to the T, do you understand? Not only are there pokemon but there have been rumors of bandits out in the desert but so far neither I nor other tour guides have come across them. Safety is the Utmost important thing here. There are animals that if they bite or sting you, you could be in serious pain and may have to lose a limb if the antidote isn't picked correctly."

After getting a nod from both of you she turned and started marching into the desert with the two of you.
"Jirachi?" Danny asked, basically ignoring anything else Amilia said, other than the GPS part. Amilia then told them that they were bandits out here, un-encountered bandits, dangerous bandits, who were clearly bloodthirsty.

But that was just the tip of the Bergmite.

"Pokemon that sting? Bite? Like a Drapion? Or Silicobra? Will there be members of the Sandaconda family in this desert? I've always wanted to catch one, you know." Danny remarked. "I doubt any poison would require amputation, but you are the tour guide so...."

Danny nodded quickly, then turned and followed her into the desert, his already-sweaty sneakers collecting sand particles.

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury:
"I would much prefer we only talked again once this matter is... settled. Too much communication in between can be hazardous."

Wolfgang nonchalantly waves at you before shifting his attention to the Nurse Joy at the counter. You can tell his feigning disinterest not to draw too much attention, so it's perhaps best you don't bust his act. Equipped as best you can to blend in where you're about to go, you set off towards the Devil's Playground, holding on to the merchant's card just in case it might open some metaphorical (or literal) doors.

It doesn't take you long to find the place. You don't even have to ask around much - you basically just need to walk towards the place everyone else is walking away from. The Devil's Playground really seems to be all it's hyped up to be, from the dark murky and frankly filthy streets to the loud music coming from the bars that line both sides of those streets. Toxtricity fits right in, for obvious reasons - after all, he looks, as kids like to say, "really metal". The cacophony of terrible "music" seems to be his kind of jam too, and all in all, he's a happy Pokemon. Grookey... well, he kinda stands out like a sore thumb, with his cutesy look and pure green fur. You're not sure he digs the musical styles here as much as his Electric companion, but maybe it's just the lack of drums.

The first person you run into is a man in his thirties leaning against a brick wall just next to the backdoor of one of the "fine establishments", glass bottle in one hand a cigarette in the other. His apparent predilection for spiked shoulder pads and leather jackets would earn him an honorary Team Yell membership card in Galar for sure.

The man doesn't seem to have noticed you yet. The choice here might feel arbitrary, but it's one you'll have to make nonetheless. Will you approach this man, and if so, what will you ask him? Or do you prefer to try your luck in one of the bars and maybe go for a drink while you're at it?

Grookey was feeling a bit out of place, he was too cute! He didn't mean to look cute, it was kind of unavoidable. Looking to make himself seem a bit edgier, he licks his paws and rubs the top of his head, roughing up his hair. Next he decided to dig through Xander's bag. He pulled out a dark object, after a little manoeuvring, the item extended, revealing itself to be a Dark Lance. Much better, thought Grookey, no one would dare call him cute now! Xander shook his head, confused by the Galarian starter's antics, but Toxtricity seemed to approve, giving his little pal a fist bump. So far they hadn't run into any trouble, but they hadn't gotten any leads either. There was a bar on the opposite side of the street, a man had parked himself in the alley next to it. He seemed like the sort of person you'd expect to find around here, but at least he was by himself. It would probably be easier for him to get information out of someone without the thumping bass of club music. It was worth a shot.

"Sup man, you got a sec?" Xander uttered as he crossed the street. Toxtricity followed with a strum of his chest organs, making sure they got the man's attention. Xander kept his hands in his pockets and his shoulder back, making sure to abuse his broad shoulders as much as he could. While he wasn't the bulkiest, he was tall for his age and strong to boot, surely he wouldn't be taken for a push over?

Reaction score

Meetan- Everything seemed to be falling into place. Blaze and Lola were having a fantastic time and while Eridian had been displeased at first, he soon got over it and was likely enjoying his pleasant walk with Bambi. Mimi had struck up and instant bond with the shy Hatenna and coax her out from under the cart. Now what were you going to do? You leave the decision to the Hatenna. A walk through the forest was low stress and a likely option, but it seems the Galarian Psychic type is unsure. After a few moments of awkward stillness, Hatenna shocks you by bonking Mimi on the head and running off.......

Tag it is!

Mimi is quick to the chase, but her target isn't the Hatenna, it is you! You step back and forth, trying your best to avoid the Mime. Jr but the shiny Pokemon is swift and elegant. It isn't too long before she hits her mark, tapping you on the back of the calf and marking you as it! The little Psychic type rushes towards the Hatenna, who was watching the pursuit from the edge of the clearing. The pair quickly link up again and rush into the forest, quickly disappearing into the trees. This was going to be a work out, wasn't it.......

Making your way through the trees, you're thankfully that the ground is slightly damp. You manage to spot a rough trail of tiny footprints, weaving and zigzagging through the trees. You know they can't be too far away as you occasionally hear what can only be described as giggling coming from not too far away. Eventually you lay eyes upon them once more, standing at the base of the twisted oaks. Mimi seems to have something in her hand, is that a letter? It seems the game is over for now, as neither Pokemon makes a run for it when you approach. Mimi hands you the letter. Turning it over, you see it has the name 'Hunny Buns', written across the back of it. It's loosely sealed, you could probably sneak a peak at the letter and reseal it without anyone knowing......

Zorchic- Stuck in the unwanted embrace of the Barbaracle, you kick and scream as hard and as loud as you can. Heath's Pokemon were doing well at keeping the Binnacle occupied at least. The Heliolisk and Haryiama worked together, with Heliolisk draining some of the health from them before Haryiama smashes them with thrusts of its massive hands. This clears the way for your Pokemon to come to your aid. Buizel's Sonic Boom strikes the Barbaracle's legs, but it does little to the bulky Water type. Lucario curves an Aura Sphere right into the Barbaracle's head, the Fighting type having a great amount of control over the aura based attack. This rattles the Barbaracle and for a moment you feel it loosen its grip. It isn't for long enough unfortunately, as it doubles down and clamps you tighter, causing your arms and legs to ache. Frillish wraps itself around the Barbaracle and begins to leech away at it with an Absorb. The attack had worked well against Buizel when you had first encountered it, but unfortunately the Barbaracle was much stronger.

The hands on Barbaracle's shoulders lash out, swatting at Frillish with a super effective Night Slash The ghost is forced to retreat out of melee range, before it is overpowered. With a stomp of its feet, the Barbaracle summons pillars of stone from beneath the ground. Lucario and Buizel are struck, the Fighting type endures the hit well, while Buizel is sent soaring through the air by the powerful hit. The Barbaracle was proving to be as relentless as it was powerful. Thankfully Heath is having an easier time with the Binnacle, his Pokemon easily dealing with their weaker attacks. "Don't worry Jake, we will have you free in no time, just hang on!"

ShadowDRGN- It was down to 2v2, but Crawdaunt was on the offensive after boosting itself. Boss was looking a touch worse for wear, but you quickly apply a Super Potion, alleviating most of his pain. It was time for a change of plan. With its boosts, it was too risky to try and take it slow and outplay the Crawdaunt. One direct hit from it at this point could be enough to knock Boss or Twist out! Master Mal had taught you everything you needed to know in order to end this, you just had to make sure you lined up the hit right.....

While you prepare Boss, Twist works to clear the remaining Corphish. Coating his tails with steel energy, he swings them around like an iron bludgeon, crunching into the crustacean's hardened carapace. While it struggle to recover from the blow, the Buizel puts the bully to bed, a reverberating Sonic Boom sends it crashing into the water. With no sign of it reemerging, Twist grins before focusing on his partner. Boss taunts the Crawdaunt, what would it do now without its minions?! The Pancham successfully enrages the Crawdaunt but unfortunately this results in the Pokemon rushing towards him with a powerful Crabhammer cocked and ready to strike! It was now or never.....

Twist claps wildly, urging his partner on as he contributes as much strength as his body will allow. You and Boss drop into position, remember your training and the unique twist you'd put on the Master's technique. The crystal on your wrist glows with remarkable energy, which soon begins to gather around Boss. He can feel the amazing strength rushing through his body, like nothing he'd every experienced before. He rushed forward to meet the Crawdaunt, eager to test his might. Boss's fist collides with the Crawdaunt's Crabhammer. The attacks seemed matched. Boss lets slip a sneaky grin, this was only the start. He thrusts forward with his left paw, striking the Crawdaunt and forcing it backwards. A furious onslaught of fists follows, the blows a blur as Crawdaunt is driven back further and further. A final uppercut sends the bully boss soaring through the air. It crashes into the lake and like the Corphish before it, shows no sign of resurfacing. Boss exhales heavily before toppling backwards from exhaustion. Twist quickly dashes over to catch him, thankful for his friend's help in giving him vengeance.

Boss gains 4 levels! Twist gains 4 levels!

As you look around the battlefield, you notice the conflict has revealed some treasures that were previously concealed beneath the surface. A big pearl, surely worth at least $1000 and a heart shaped scale that was likely worth a pretty penny to the right person. You even spot a pair of Black Glasses that someone must have unknowingly left behind.

Maskerade- The spying insect was almost out of range, if you didn't act quickly you would surely miss your chance. Speed was of the essence, but perhaps speed wasn't everything? Munchlax wasn't about to run down the Pokemon, but perhaps one of your other Pokemon could pin it in place long enough for you to get close? Taking a gamble, you release Turtwig from his Pokeball. The pleasant turtle is happy to be called upon and senses the urgency in your voice. Quickly taking aim, the Turtwig fires a swift volley of Leech Seeds across the crop clearing, hoping one will strike close enough to entangle the Bug.

The first seed strikes to far to the right, the second is too far behind. The third is way of course, caught by a sudden breeze. The fourth however, lands directly in front of the fleeing Bug and quickly sprouts, catching the spy in slender vines. It struggles and wiggles, doing its best to break free. You continue to rush towards the Pokemon, who begins to gnaw through the vines. Seeing this, Turtwig digs its feet into the ground. The ground beneath the bug begins to sink and turn, as Turtwig successful traps it in a Sand Tomb. The struggling bug sees you getting closer and reacts accordingly. It spits out a Sticky Web, surrounding itself in a nest of the sticky silk. A temporary barrier, enough to hold you back while it figures a way out of this trap. Munchlax topples backwards, chest heaving heavily, cardio was not his thing! You had the little spy right where you wanted him, what now?

The rising star of pokemon vgc
Reaction score
The sun was shining and Noboru had been walking on the fool's path. She had heard tales about heroes walking the same path as she did at the start of their adventures. It was Noboru's first adventure as well and she was very exited. Usagi-her newly claimed Froakie was walking beside her and she was just as happy to set out on a journey as Noboru where. The Froakie was impatient and eager to progress so she started running with Noboru following. "so you wanna make this a competition?" Noboru asked. Usagi nodded and the two of them started to run as fast as they could. They eventually got very tired and decided to take a break. They sat down beside a pond and drank some of the water. Usagi splashed some of the water at her trainer who sent an even bigger wave at the Froakie. They continued that way untill they were completely soaked. Noboru changed clothes from her blue vest and black shorts to her dark blue asian-style robe. She shook her black, curly hair and water flew in all directions. Usagi tried to catch as many waterdrops as possible. She loved water since she was a water type. She noticed it started to get dark so Noboru set up a camp. The young trainer had packed some very nurtritious ninja-buns that was made to keep a ninja's stomach full when they were on long missions. Noboru knew it was a bad idea to eat 2 but they tasted delicious so she could'nt resist. She gave Usagi a half bun since she's small and does'nt need as much food. Then the young ninja and her Froakie went to the forest to train a bit before going to sleep.
THE ARCANE REALM

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..." Nyx Avatar (Persona 3)

Once a simple place where new trainers were sent to learn the basics of adventuring, with the vast changes to Fizzytopia the Arcane Realm seemed to have faded from existence. Though gone, it was never forgotten by the bitter trainers who were forced into spending what felt like years in that simplistic place. A place where no growth was truly given, and only stagnation existed. Yet, when the realm disappeared, all were freed from their restraints and truly allowed to begin anew.

Now, it seems that the Arcane Realm has resurfaced in Fizzytopia. Showing up where the old Arcane Realm use to be, this new one is vastly different then the one that the denizens of Fizzytopia are used to. Now truly a place of magic and mystery, it says the very land itself is influenced by the “cards”/ What these cards are, and what they refer to nobody particularly knows. The only thing that is certain, though, is that this Arcane Realm is teeming with life, and has infinite possibilities for adventure.

The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.

I. Magician’s Hamlet - The Castle Town, named for the power Court Magicians that made their workshops here, where it is said that all of its inhabitants are master craftsman and well known through the realm. Those that live here have been loyal to the Kingdom for Generations, and the beautiful buildings and rich populace show that even in it’s twilight years, the Kingdom is still prosperous.

II. High Priestess’s Cathedral - A large, gothic cathedral sitting atop a hill overlooking the Hamlet, it was said this place was built by a holy maiden with her bare hands to offer a place of refuge and respite for the poor and damned. Her charity and kindness has created a devout sect of nuns to her teachings, who look after and take care of her cathedral. Pilgrims from all over visit this place, looking for the sacred knowledge hidden in the texts and relics within the Cathedral.

III. Empress’s Garden - Within the castle walls lies a beautiful garden, said to be planted by the first Empress and continues to this day be tended by the queen and her servants. A variety of flora and fauna make their home here, and many of the kingdom’s artists and writers come here as a means for inspiration, and a small amphitheatre where plays are held is within the garden.

IV. Emperor’s Castle - The main castle itself, made of beautiful marble stone with blue spinnerets atop the towers. Despite its majesty, the Castle itself feels like a labyrinth for those unacquainted with it. After all, only the foyer, ballroom, and throne room are open to the general public, and the research labs, soldier and servant quarters, and even the royal family’s private quarters are often off limits. What secrets this castle has for the years it’s stood, it’s said only the King knows.

V. Hierophant's Crypt - The ancient resting place of the royal family, buried deep within the castle with an entrance for visitors to see from the Cathedral. While the Cathedral’s entrance is a tunnel with a statue of the great Sage-King known as the Hierophant, who turned the empire into the kingdom it is now today, it is said that there is an entrance in the Castle itself, revealing a vast catacomb of the royal dead, and royal riches. There are rumors among thieves that the statue at the Cathedral can also provide an entrance, but the information that lies here contains the history of the Arcane Realm as a whole, and is something only a brave few can learn.

The Forest of Wands

Once monikered the Forest of Adventure, the Forest of Wands has been changed and twisted by the surplus of magical energy flowing through the Arcane Realm. THe once simplistic woods are now a labyrinth where magic flows through the roots of the trees and a sense of dread and whimsy encompass all who enter. Though, it was possible that this was here the entire time, like everything else, and the deep magic that flows through these woods caused trainers to dream of the much more simplistic Arcane Realm. (Please reply in SeaGreen)

VI. Lover’s Grove - Named for the two giant oaks twisted around each other, said to be the eternal form of a princess and her commoner lover. Couples can commonly be seen coming here, sitting under the oaks and gazing into the small pond next to it. Various berries and flowers grow under these oaks, said to be the fruits of love. Yet, important life decisions are made here, and for a simplistic place there is often danger lurking about for the couples who venture here.

VII. Chariot Inn - An inn and tavern for travelers located at the mouth of the woods, named for being a common resting spot for knights on their patrols through the kingdom. Travelers from far and wide make their stop here, either preparing to brave the forest or just to experience the Arcane Realm in full. A variety a favors can be done here for those staying here, or it can serve as a stepping stone to travel into the woods. Though, it is ill-advised to leave the inn during the night. Grim things are said to happen.

VIII. Cave of Strength - Deep within the woods is a cave rumored to be filled with dangerous beasts. While the knights stay clear of this place, thieves, adventurers, and foolish children explore this place in hopes of trying to find treasure or just prove their mettle. Though, while the strong certainly prevail, there have been more than a few people who have gone missing within the cave. Some say a religious cult is to blame, others a demon. What really lurks there, though, is unknown.

IX. Hermit’s Mire - A swampy portion of the Forest, the mire his home to various hermits, lunatics, and other outcasts of society. A thick miasma hangs in the air, making it hard to breath and visibility not the best. What lurks within the putrid waters further cements this is a place people do not want to visit. However, it is said that those who embrace this place find enlightenment.

X. Fortune’s Woods - A place in the forest where the magical energy is at its most potent, forming a sort of myst that permeates the air. Everything from the trees to the wildlife here seem a bit out of this world, and it’s hard to predict what exactly will happen here. Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck. Whatever it is, this portion of the forest is filled with fun and whimsy.

XI. Grounds of Justice - A barren field, charred and stained in blood. Here war criminals were executed, heretics burned, and those affected by plague said to waste away. A statue of an angelic figure watches over these sacred grounds, guiding the dead towards enlightenment. Whether their deaths were just or not, they have tainted this land within the forest. The only thing that awaits here is grim fate, with scales in her left, and sword in her right, ready to guide the lost.

The City of Pentacles

A marvelous, extravagant city on the coast that serves as the Kingdom’s main mercantile capital. While the master craftsmen of the hamlet visit here to sell their wares, there are more than one way to make a quick buck in this city of money. Greed drives the people, and those seeking to become rich come here. Those these ambitions have not lead to good results. A dark underworld resides in this place, where the filth and muck are the last of a person’s worries. Striking gold is easy, losing your life is even easier. (Please Reply in LemonChiffon)

XII. The Hanged Man’s Plaza - A statue of a famed monk sits directly in the middle of the city’s main plaza, trying to remind the residents to practice restraint in terms of their greed. Flower beds and benches accompany this statue, and the poor and unlucky help tend to this place. In a place of greed, it feels off that a reminder to let go of things and make sacrifices for the better good is in place, but more happens at this tourist attraction then what meets the eye.

XIII. Death’s Yard - A vast graveyard on the outskirts of the city, where the dead are laid to rest. Those who have lost their lives to greed, disease, or misfortune make up the majority of those who now reside in this land of the end. Though, it can also symbolize a new beginning, and the small church presiding over the yard helps people restart their lives. Though, sometimes, the ghosts do it for them.

XIV. Island of Temperance - An island off the coast of the city, another tourist attraction for visitors to the city and the patrons to make money off of. It was once a temple where monks practiced their beliefs in order, and those that have defiled this sacred land are said to meet with a grisly fate. Though, the temple remains intact, even if it is slightly submerged now. Spelunkers try to find the treasure still hidden in the temple, and the treasure that has been lost under the waves. Weather land or sea, there is something for everyone at this island.

XV. The Devil’s Playground - The city’s slums, where the law doesn’t exist and drugs and crime run rampant all in the name of money. Addiction to money, drugs, and even bodily pleasure are common within the inhabitants, and the seedy dealings here are seen as a sort of wonderland for those who like that kind of lifestyle. Though even through the filth and muck, a beautiful lotus can bloom. Even here can some of the most valuable treasures be found.

XVI. The Tower - An ancient tower that has been in existence before the city was even built, it was an attempt to reach the heavens. Even if it’s now destroyed, it still towers over the city, and can be seen anywhere on the horizon in the Arcane Realm. Places like the Cloud Garden and New Fizz City can be seen from the top of this tower, and the halls within hold the history of the city and not only the shady dealings within this city, but also of the magic in world around it. It’s said, however, that the wisdom here is guarded by creatures of eld, and an elevator system is in place for tourists that want to see the view from the top.

The Land of Cups

Named for the small valleys and tall hills and mountains native to the region, forming almost natural cups, this is an almost verdant and fertile land. Despite the desert in the very north and the mountains nestled in, a large variety of life can be found here. The Land of Cups is the jewel of the Arcane Realm, and without it, the realm would be a lot more desolate. Luckily, there a preservation efforts to make the this jewel doesn’t lose its shine. (Please respond in Plum

XVII. Desert of Stars - A small, arid desert at the northern tip of the Land of Cups, the Desert of Stars is named for the various meteorites found within this region. While more a dry, mountainous desert than a sandy one, sandstorms are still a common occurance here. Though, despite these conditions, explorers and treasure hunters flock to this region for the meteorites found here, and the rare Pokemon attracted to them. Some have even stated they’ve had some otherworldly experiences here.

XVIII. Lake of the Moon - The largest lake in the Land of Cups, this place is rich in aquatic life and is a very popular place for fishers. It’s said that this lake wanes and waxes with the phases of the moon, and that the lake acts strangely the closer it is to a full moon and a new moon. Some say during a New Moon, an ancient temple can be seen floating in the lake, but it is hard to verify if it exists there and the lake is too deep to safely explore. During a full moon, the aquatic life becomes incredibly hostile, and the legendary “King of the Lake” has been said to awaken and surface during this time.

XIX. Chalice of the Sun - The largest mountain in the Land of Cups, the Chalice of the Sun is famed for its snow-capped peak and magma chamber deep within. A dormant volcano that hasn’t erupted in eons, the Chalice is a symbol of life to the people. Mountain Climbers and Skiers enjoy the difficult trails and wonderful slopes that are on the mountain, and there is even a ski lift to the summit. At the summit is a small temple dedicated to the sun, built in the middle of a small caldera that was created when the Chalice first erupted. Meanwhile, at the base of the mountain is a deep tunnel system that allows explorers to reach the magma chamber of the Chalice. Across these walls are cave paintings, and relics of ages long past .

XX. Meadow of Judgement - Named for being one of the places where heretics and traitors were tried, the meadow has now grown out from that purpose and is a large place of life for small critters and flowers. The beautiful flowers provide food and shelter for a variety of Pokemon living there, and the feeling of magic is strong here. Mages can often be found here practicing their craft due to the large, powerful leyline within the Meadow. It is also said by the religious sect of the Arcane Realm is that this is where Judgement Day will commence, and all of the flowers here symbolize a soul that will be saved.

XXI. The World Tree - The supposed source of all magic in the Arcane Realm, the World Tree’s roots extend throughout the entire realm. Some believe it is the very thing binding the Arcane Realm together, and what allowed it to go through a such rapid change compared to when it last graced Fizzytopia. The locals often leave gifts for the tree at its base, where the creatures that call it home feast on and use. Though, the health of the tree has proven vital to the ecosystem of the Land of Cups, and that when the tree is in danger the desert grows and crops and life start to die. If not for the world tree, then the Arcane Realm itself will cease to exist.

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury:
Accompanied by your two very edgy-looking partners, you approach the lone man on the alleyway intent on getting some information out of him. Beats wandering aimlessly into every unsavory-looking bar…

The man takes a while to notice your presence, even when you’re standing directly in front of him. His eyes seem glazed over and he has a rather stupid smirk on his face; slowly you see his pupils narrow as he regains focus, but through blurred speech you can hardly make out and some pretty awkward gestures for a man so scarily dressed, he points at you theatrically while accidentally dropping his bottle.

“Our eyes met! That means we have to battle!”

You can quite quickly tell the man’s higher than Move Tutor prices, made all the more evident by how he fumbles the subsequent PokeBall throw, clumsily dropping it at his feet and causing a large Exploud to materialize, inadvertently squishing his Trainer against the wall as he appears.

The Pokemon’s eye roll makes it obvious he’s gotten used to it by now, but unfortunately, rather than decline the battle, Exploud seems ready to go at it alone, expecting no coherent commands from his Trainer but not willing to give up the fight either. He does look like a bully, no questions asked, as he cracks his knuckles while eyeing your small Grookey with a malicious grin.

The street is narrow and won’t allow for much maneuvering, but it doesn’t seem like you’re talking your way out of this one… now what?

Reaction score

Maskerade- The spying insect was almost out of range, if you didn't act quickly you would surely miss your chance. Speed was of the essence, but perhaps speed wasn't everything? Munchlax wasn't about to run down the Pokemon, but perhaps one of your other Pokemon could pin it in place long enough for you to get close? Taking a gamble, you release Turtwig from his Pokeball. The pleasant turtle is happy to be called upon and senses the urgency in your voice. Quickly taking aim, the Turtwig fires a swift volley of Leech Seeds across the crop clearing, hoping one will strike close enough to entangle the Bug.

The first seed strikes to far to the right, the second is too far behind. The third is way of course, caught by a sudden breeze. The fourth however, lands directly in front of the fleeing Bug and quickly sprouts, catching the spy in slender vines. It struggles and wiggles, doing its best to break free. You continue to rush towards the Pokemon, who begins to gnaw through the vines. Seeing this, Turtwig digs its feet into the ground. The ground beneath the bug begins to sink and turn, as Turtwig successful traps it in a Sand Tomb. The struggling bug sees you getting closer and reacts accordingly. It spits out a Sticky Web, surrounding itself in a nest of the sticky silk. A temporary barrier, enough to hold you back while it figures a way out of this trap. Munchlax topples backwards, chest heaving heavily, cardio was not his thing! You had the little spy right where you wanted him, what now?
[/color][/color]
Contrary to his creeping pessimism, his plan had worked. Turtwig proved himself surprisingly reliable and tenacious, much to Ark’s delight, and now they had the little suspect right where they wanted him. No amount of Sticky Web would help his situation, not when he could easily have Chimchar burn the whole dome away in seconds.

But if recent events had taught Ark anything, it was that looks could be deceiving. Mace had turned out to be a surprisingly nice guy, even when one pie short, and more merciful towards the Scyther than a man his size and that desperate would have led the boy to expect. And so, even though all evidence was pointing towards the mysterious spy, Ark would still like to understand its side of the story. Not that he could speak its language, of course, but he did pride himself on being a rather good judge of character for his age.

The boy and Munchlax ran over to the trapped bug; Ark dropped to one knee while the bear almost dropped altogether.

“Hey. I’m sorry I had to do this… but you owe us some answers. I can’t really understand you, but something tells me you have something to do with how the local Scyther are behaving…”

How did he expect the insect to reply? He had no way of conversing with it, and if it really was as tricky as it seemed it could always attempt to lie, but… it still deserved a chance, right?

“Is this your doing? If so, you’re causing a lot of harm to the humans who live here. If there’s a reason why you’re doing this, maybe… maybe I can help you with what you need some other way? Some way that doesn’t involve razing crops and the destroying farmers’ livelhoods?...”

He slowly reached out an outstretched hand towards the web, trying to show the Pokemon he meant no harm.

“I wanna help you, if you need help at all. But if you don’t… I’m really going to have to ask you to make things right, little guy.”

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury:
Accompanied by your two very edgy-looking partners, you approach the lone man on the alleyway intent on getting some information out of him. Beats wandering aimlessly into every unsavory-looking bar…

The man takes a while to notice your presence, even when you’re standing directly in front of him. His eyes seem glazed over and he has a rather stupid smirk on his face; slowly you see his pupils narrow as he regains focus, but through blurred speech you can hardly make out and some pretty awkward gestures for a man so scarily dressed, he points at you theatrically while accidentally dropping his bottle.

“Our eyes met! That means we have to battle!”

You can quite quickly tell the man’s higher than Move Tutor prices, made all the more evident by how he fumbles the subsequent PokeBall throw, clumsily dropping it at his feet and causing a large Exploud to materialize, inadvertently squishing his Trainer against the wall as he appears.

The Pokemon’s eye roll makes it obvious he’s gotten used to it by now, but unfortunately, rather than decline the battle, Exploud seems ready to go at it alone, expecting no coherent commands from his Trainer but not willing to give up the fight either. He does look like a bully, no questions asked, as he cracks his knuckles while eyeing your small Grookey with a malicious grin.

The street is narrow and won’t allow for much maneuvering, but it doesn’t seem like you’re talking your way out of this one… now what?

"Wow that guy is absolutely tanked", Xander sighed, he wasn't going to be useful at all. Some how he managed to mumble out a challenge and release a rather aggressive looking Exploud. The Normal Type seemed to be used to his trainer's antics, meaning he was probably used to battling without the orders of his trainer. Xander knew very little about Exploud, but he knew that it was possible for them to have the Soundproof ability. Despite the eagerness of Toxtricity, he would be at a massive disadvantage if his Sound moves were negated. The Exploud seemed to have its eyes on Grookey anyway, likely thinking the little simian would be an easy opponent. Grookey was thinking otherwise!

The Galar Starter leaps off of Toxtricity's shoulder, puffing out his chest to size up to his much larger opponent. Tapping his stick on the ground, he sends a Grassy Surge through the ground. "Challenge accepted", grins Xander, although he wasn't exactly sure how this battle would go. "Grookey, open with a Leech Seed, then set up a Sunny Day to give us a strengthened Growth!" The combo would help set them up nicely, but Xander knew they'd need to be prepared for the Exploud's likely aggressive response. He looked around for anything Grookey would be able to use to his advantage, he was smaller and would be more mobile in the small alley if they played it right.

Toxtricity began to strum his chest in a rhythmic fashion, working up a battle tune. Hopefully it would spur Grookey on, he'd need to fight his hardest to overcome a powerful opponent like this Exploud.

Reaction score

Maskerade- You had the little spy right where you wanted it. There was nowhere for it to run now. You could burn away the Sticky Web without too much effort, but perhaps there was a better way to get information out of the insect? If today's experiences had taught you anything, it was not to make assumptions. For all you knew, the strange bug was an innocent bystander caught up in the whole situation. Hopefully the interrogation would help clear that up. You notice that the bug seems very erratic, its eyes darting around, analysing everything. You begin to question the bug and as you do, its attention becomes fixed solely on you. It seems to understand everything you say, but its reply is unfortunately difficult to interpret.

The Pokemon shakes its head, "blip blip blip, bug, blip blip bug, bug blip blip, bug blip bug bug"

It seemed like nonsense, even your Pokemon aren't sure what it is saying. Weren't Pokemon meant to be able to understand each other. The Pokemon seems upset that you don't understand what it is trying to say. It repeats...

"blip blip blip, bug, blip blip bug, bug blip blip, bug blip bug bug!"

At this point the bug is starting to look a little restless. Its starting to shake back and forth, struggling to contain its frustration as energy begins to form around it. Surely there must be some trick to understanding it. Whatever it was, you'd have to work it out quick, before the Bug gets too upset!

Reaction score

Maskerade- You had the little spy right where you wanted it. There was nowhere for it to run now. You could burn away the Sticky Web without too much effort, but perhaps there was a better way to get information out of the insect? If today's experiences had taught you anything, it was not to make assumptions. For all you knew, the strange bug was an innocent bystander caught up in the whole situation. Hopefully the interrogation would help clear that up. You notice that the bug seems very erratic, its eyes darting around, analysing everything. You begin to question the bug and as you do, its attention becomes fixed solely on you. It seems to understand everything you say, but its reply is unfortunately difficult to interpret.

The Pokemon shakes its head, "blip blip blip, bug, blip blip bug, bug blip blip, bug blip bug bug"

It seemed like nonsense, even your Pokemon aren't sure what it is saying. Weren't Pokemon meant to be able to understand each other. The Pokemon seems upset that you don't understand what it is trying to say. It repeats...

"blip blip blip, bug, blip blip bug, bug blip blip, bug blip bug bug!"

At this point the bug is starting to look a little restless. Its starting to shake back and forth, struggling to contain its frustration as energy begins to form around it. Surely there must be some trick to understanding it. Whatever it was, you'd have to work it out quick, before the Bug gets too upset!
Much to Ark’s surprise, the bug began to frantically try and communicate back. But despite his best efforts, everything sounded like gibberish to him, a senseless amalgamation of “blips” and “bugs” that for whatever reason the Pokemon kept repeating over and over amidst its mounting frustration.

“I… I’m so sorry, I can’t understand what…”

Next to him, Munchlax tilted his head, equally confused. By all means Pokemon were supposed to understand one another, even among different species. So why couldn’t he?

Because it’s trying to talk to me, not Munchlax. It’s not speaking its usual language, it’s trying to adapt it to mine… but still?...

Suddenly, Munchlax bent over and began to scribble on the dirt with its claw. Just as puzzled as Ark was, but surprisingly determined to make sense of it, the bear scratched the floor in time with each of the bug’s cries, but clearly he wasn’t making much progress. A vertical scratch for each “blip”, a horizontal one for each “bug”… It made no sense. Not from where Munchlax stood.

“Wait. Munchlax, try that again, but… but with dots and lines!”

Completely lost but thankfully compliant, the bear did as asked.

… - ..- -.. -.—

The pattern repeated itself as the trapped Pokemon was practically screaming off the top of his tiny lungs by now. Ark had seen this before, and it made sense – a human language that didn’t use human words. If he was right about his guess, then the insect had to be absolutely brilliant!

“Munchlax, this is what people call Morse Code, I think. My grandfather told me stories about how they used it to communicate between ships or something like that!”

Pulling out his phone, thanking Arceus technology had come as far as it had, a quick search revealed he was, indeed, almost definitely correct.

STUDY

“You… you were studying them? The Scyther?” Ark sat down on the ground with his legs crossed, trying to keep eye contact at the bug’s level to calm it down. “Are you controlling them somehow? Y’know, there are other ways to do field research. Ways that don’t involve destroying the actual field.”

Much to Munchlax’s surprise, Ark turned to Turtwig and asked him to stand down.

“I don’t think we need to keep it trapped anymore buddy. Maybe call off the seeds and the sand tomb… We’re only scaring it.”

He could be wrong. The bug could take the opportunity to make a whole in the web dome and flee. But treating it like a cornered prey didn’t do much to endear the Pokemon to him, and he genuinely wanted to solve things peacefully…

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury:
Challenge accepted indeed! Grookey does his best to look menacing, but you can tell the heavy Dark Lance he’s still holding is proving a little troublesome to wield. Undeterred, the monkey covers the concrete floor with a lush green carpet, then shoots forth a barrage of seeds, looking to trap the much larger foe… but they are met with a single bite of flaming teeth, disintegrating in midair under the intense heat of Exploud’s Fire Fang… The move might yet prove useful, but not as long as Exploud has his guard up!

Toxtricity strums his strings, creating a makeshift war tune on the spot; it seems to pump up Grookey despite the initial failure and, while struggling not to topple over due to the spear’s weight, the monkey lets out a sharp cry which causes the skies above to clear. Sunlight permeates the narrow alleyway and, while not particularly intense due to the tall buildings on both sides, you can definitely tell the difference. Bolstered by the sunlight and Toxtricity’s music, Grookey grows in height to almost match Exploud’s, no longer struggling to hold the Dark Lance in the off hand while tightly clutching his favourite drum stick at the same time.

Grinning at the sight of Grookey’s increased size and, hopefully, increased challenge, Exploud fight sback with a second Fire Fang, equally boosted by the stronger sunlight, viciously biting your partner for considerable damage but fortunately not leaving behind any lasting burns… Grookey seems to regain a bit of energy from the favourable terrain in the end, but the attack definitely left a big mark.

Your human opponent is still struggling to get back to his feet, pathetically hugging the wall as his legs shake beneath him. If anything, you have the advantage of a functional partnership, but Exploud really isn’t playing around here…

What now?

ChiVulpix:
((Welcome to the Arcane Realm! :) Since you’re traveling down the Fool’s Path, please reply using RoyalBlue color))

Living your best life with Usagi by your side, you decide to see what destiny has in store for you, choosing the road of many branches as the starting point of your journey. After a rather lengthy trek along the Fool’s Path, punctuated by some tomfoolery with your Froakie companion and a short break to refill your energy, you start to wonder when fate is going to toss you a coin. Sure, a number of people and their Pokemon pass you by as you go along, but you can tell they’re on a similar journey of their own…

“Hello dear,” you hear suddenly. A trembling, tired voice that is no less ominous for that. “Would you lend an old woman an ear?”

Looking over your shoulder you see an elderly woman in tattered gray robes that you could almost swear wasn’t there a minute ago. A Murkrow on her shoulder stares straight at you with a blank expression, but the woman is definitely smiling as she holds out a weak, shaking hand in your direction.

“Dear child… your story, your life is just now beginning! That always warms my heart. Would you care to know what destiny has in store for you? Or perhaps some guidance for the road ahead?”

You know that if you make a run for it, she is probably in no physical condition to follow you. You can choose to ignore the lady and go on your way, or indeed, lend her an ear as she requests… What will you do, young ninja?

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury:
Challenge accepted indeed! Grookey does his best to look menacing, but you can tell the heavy Dark Lance he’s still holding is proving a little troublesome to wield. Undeterred, the monkey covers the concrete floor with a lush green carpet, then shoots forth a barrage of seeds, looking to trap the much larger foe… but they are met with a single bite of flaming teeth, disintegrating in midair under the intense heat of Exploud’s Fire Fang… The move might yet prove useful, but not as long as Exploud has his guard up!

Toxtricity strums his strings, creating a makeshift war tune on the spot; it seems to pump up Grookey despite the initial failure and, while struggling not to topple over due to the spear’s weight, the monkey lets out a sharp cry which causes the skies above to clear. Sunlight permeates the narrow alleyway and, while not particularly intense due to the tall buildings on both sides, you can definitely tell the difference. Bolstered by the sunlight and Toxtricity’s music, Grookey grows in height to almost match Exploud’s, no longer struggling to hold the Dark Lance in the off hand while tightly clutching his favourite drum stick at the same time.

Grinning at the sight of Grookey’s increased size and, hopefully, increased challenge, Exploud fight sback with a second Fire Fang, equally boosted by the stronger sunlight, viciously biting your partner for considerable damage but fortunately not leaving behind any lasting burns… Grookey seems to regain a bit of energy from the favourable terrain in the end, but the attack definitely left a big mark.

Your human opponent is still struggling to get back to his feet, pathetically hugging the wall as his legs shake beneath him. If anything, you have the advantage of a functional partnership, but Exploud really isn’t playing around here…

What now?

Things had gone pretty much as Xander had expected. The Exploud was acting of its own accord, his trainer's only purpose seemed to be releasing him from his ball. A waste really. Although their Leech Seed had been stopped by the Normal type's Fiery Fangs, they managed to set up the sun and boost Grookey's attack stats. Even though the sun would be beneficial for the Exploud's Fire type moves, it was even more beneficial for Grookey, as the Exploud would soon find out. "Alright Grookey, Solar Blade!"

Grookey grinned with delight as he dropped the dark lance and grasped his stick with both hands. He began to charge the solar energy through the end of the stick, the bright sunlight allowing him to gather the energy much faster. "Attack relentlessly, then follow up with a Drain Punch, before making sure it feels the hurt with an Assurance. Toxtricity picked up the beat of his tune, spurring on Grookey even more. "Dude are you seriously going to slump there and let your Pokemon fight by itself?" Xander questioned his opponent, somewhat displeased. How was he meant to get information out of someone who couldn't even order their Pokemon? Perhaps in such an inebriated state, he'd be more forth coming with information. The validity of the information would certainly be questionable though and it was all of little concern right now, because there was no way he'd talk before the battle was over. "Get him Grookey!" Xander urged, they needed to bring the Exploud down quickly.

Reaction score

Maskerade- With the surprising assistance of Munchlax, you manage to unscramble the bug's code. It seems to calm down once you do, like pleased that its message was understood. However, it continues to shake its head, were you still misinterpreting its intentions? Regardless, you feel like your starting to develop a bit of a bond with the spy and keeping it trapped would only impact your ability to build on that bond, there needed to be trust. Turtwig is quick to follow your orders, the Grass Starter stops the swirling Sand Tomb and the Leech Seed quickly shrivels and dies. The bug looks relieved to be released from the attacks, but doesn't seem eager to flee just yet. Instead its eyes begin to glow with a faint energy. There is a slight delay, but you soon feel a sharp pain in your temples, causing you to grab the sides of your head.....

Your surroundings warp for a moment and you find yourself standing in the forest. In front of you is a large golden dome, lights flicker across the surface periodically, it certainly was a strange sight. Bugs like the one you've encountered enter and exit the structure, was it some sort of nest? Looking around for more information, you notice the ground is glowing with a faint purple hue, the source of the energy appears to be the dome.

The psychic feed soon passes and your surroundings return to normal. In the few seconds that have passed, the bug has attempted to make a break for it and has almost wiggled free of the Sticky Web it had placed around itself. It seems to be quite driven to return to its nest.

Reaction score

Maskerade- With the surprising assistance of Munchlax, you manage to unscramble the bug's code. It seems to calm down once you do, like pleased that its message was understood. However, it continues to shake its head, were you still misinterpreting its intentions? Regardless, you feel like your starting to develop a bit of a bond with the spy and keeping it trapped would only impact your ability to build on that bond, there needed to be trust. Turtwig is quick to follow your orders, the Grass Starter stops the swirling Sand Tomb and the Leech Seed quickly shrivels and dies. The bug looks relieved to be released from the attacks, but doesn't seem eager to flee just yet. Instead its eyes begin to glow with a faint energy. There is a slight delay, but you soon feel a sharp pain in your temples, causing you to grab the sides of your head.....

Your surroundings warp for a moment and you find yourself standing in the forest. In front of you is a large golden dome, lights flicker across the surface periodically, it certainly was a strange sight. Bugs like the one you've encountered enter and exit the structure, was it some sort of nest? Looking around for more information, you notice the ground is glowing with a faint purple hue, the source of the energy appears to be the dome.

The psychic feed soon passes and your surroundings return to normal. In the few seconds that have passed, the bug has attempted to make a break for it and has almost wiggled free of the Sticky Web it had placed around itself. It seems to be quite driven to return to its nest.
The vision was puzzling to say the least. A large golden dome with flickering lights, filling the nearby forest area with energy not unlike a massive Psychic Terrain of sorts. What was this Pokemon trying to show him? If its intention was to flee, why would it so blatantly show him its nest?

Does it want us to follow him?

Despite the insect’s best efforts to seemingly explain itself, Ark was still left with more questions than answers. Not only that, he was walking on thin ice here, the Bug’s trust being clearly difficult to earn and maintain.

“You want to get back home, don’t you? I won’t stop you. But listen…” Ark wasn’t about to sell this Pokemon’s intelligence short; might as well be completely upfront, lest he hurt its feelings. “You’ve shown me what it looks like, you know it’s just a matter of time until I find it in the forest. We’re close enough that Munchlax already has your scent marked down, too. So if you want me to follow you, I will, but even if you try to flee, you know I’m gonna track you down. I’m getting to the bottom of this no matter what.”

Ark only had one last question before he allowed Blipbug to break out of the web dome.

“… The source of energy that was controlling those Scyther into a battle frenzy isn’t you, it’s your nest, isn’t it? You know that when the time comes, I’ll have to put a stop to it somehow. I’d rather not have you as an enemy when that happens…”

With that, Ark rose back to its feet and crossed his arms, as if to show the insect he had no intention of trying to stop its escape, although he very much intended to give chase afterwards. Now to see where that led him...[/i]

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury:
You knew you were taking a risk when you cleared the skies, a risk that became palpable as soon as Grookey was hit with a boosted Fire Fang, but it was all leading up to this moment. Fighting through the pain, he grabs his trusty stick like the hilt of a sword with both hands and gathers solar energy at the tip – in a matter of seconds a ray of concentrated sunlight bursts forth, taking the shape of an oversized glowing blade, and after a single swing, Exploud is propelled backwards into its Trainer. Once again the poor fellow is squished against the brick wall of the nearby building and slumps to the ground pathetically.

Unrelenting, Grookey follows up by leaping towards the downed Exploud with a closed fist, but the beast is resilient and fights back – with your partner still in midair and closing in fast, Exploud unleashes a devastating Boomburst that repels the Grass-Type with such force he ends up crashing into you. Not only that, the soundwave is so destructive and widespread that the glass windows of every bar in the vicinity shatter loudly into a million pieces!

“The f*** was that?!"
“Those assholes are wreckin’ the place!”

What follows is quite literally a blur. Complaints rain down from all sides as hordes of angry customers leave the surrounding establishments to see what on earth is going on; a blunt hit to the back of your head later, everything becomes blurry, and you pass out.

-----

You wake up with a terrible headache to find yourself in a small room filled to the ceiling with glass bottles on both sides. It takes you a while to remember what happened, but once you do, you quickly deduce you’ve been locked up in the storage room of one of the local bars. You’re quick to notice Toxtricity and Grookey are no longer with you – in fact, your whole belt is missing, along with all of your PokeBalls as well as your Bag!

You hear voices coming from outside the room, but they’re faint – whoever’s nearby probably isn’t too close to the door.

How will you handle this situation?

*Grookey gained 2 Levels!*