The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - "I'm helping you because I'm not pig-headed like those ones. I understand what happened, but I was afraid of speaking up, as its not exactly very fun trying to convince an angry mob of partially drunk people. Also, if you just blatantly walk out the door, Xander, they'll tie you up, and probably force you to drink Rattata poison. And they'll just shoot me, so I advise we plan our next moves." Jeffrey pulled out a piece of paper from his apron pocket, then spread it out on the floor. The paper was dirty, stains everywhere, and the corners were yellowing. Clearly this piece of paper was old."

"This is the layout plan of the bar. It shows the air vent systems, all the windows and doors, and everything you'll need to escape." Jeffrey then focused his look on a large rectangle on one corner of the paper, as his hand slid towards it. "That's where your stuff is being held. Your Toxtricity fought back against them, so they chained him up. They stole stuff from your bag, but I was able to convince them to leave it alone, so they just took 4 of your Sitrus Berries and your Revive. I saw them bargaining over them, so you're most likely not getting those back." Jeffrey then pointed to the window you had seen before.

"Lotad here knows Grass Knot, so he can make some vines for us to climb on if we can't move those crates. Once we get to the window, we'll need to crawl through, then we can head through the air vents. The room up there is under lock and key, and I have the only key, so it should be empty. Once we get into the air vent, we can crawl through them and rescue your Toxtricity. Be prepared for a tight squeeze though."

It seemed Jeffrey was just a good bloke, which seemed to be a rarity around here. Had they really chained up Toxtricity?! Was this a rare occurrence for this lot, or did they do this sort of thing all the time? Xander looked over the map, making note of some of the more important details. Jeffrey's plan was to move through the vents, which didn't exactly sound comfortable. "Hmmm", Xander pondered, "the vents sound like the best course of action, but I'm not sure if both of us should go in. The way I'm thinking is that at the moment, they have no idea you've helped me, so there is no point in you putting yourself at more risk. What if you took Grookey's empty Pokeball back to where you found it, locked the door and just kept everyone busy? That way there is nothing tying you to me." Xander wasn't sure if Jeffrey would agree to his plan, but it made more sense to him. Two of them crawling around in the vents was going to make more noise and if something went wrong, they had no way of getting out.

Regardless of what option they went with, they'd need to move the crates. "Grookey, give me a hand will you?" Xander begun to move the crates with Grookey's help, making sure to do so quietly. He started stacking them so he could use them as a sort of makeshift staircase. He figured Jeffrey would probably give him a hand with the crates, once he decided whether he wanted to go with his plan or Xander's.

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
(I fixed it)
Missingno. Master - After accessing the situation, you send out a third Pokemon, telling your Minun to stay behind. This was your Venusaur, Dennis. Stewie had tried a Light Screen, but it was futile in the end, as Audino's Hyper Voice was hyper-discordant. Stewie, following your commands, stood, or, well, flew, in place, swords materializing around it, dancing in a co-ordinated set of moves, powering up Stewie's attack. Scizor quickly went in for its attack, lunging forward, clashing with Stewie's Fire Punch. They struggled for a few moments, before Stewie was overpowered by the Mega Scizor, who, after pushing Stewie's fist aside, made a quick swipe across his face. Audino took the Toxic, but seemed to not be affected by it at all! Mega Audino were potent Healers! Therefore, Venoshock was weaker than likely intended, but it still did some decent damage as it was a super effective move. Venusaur then shot off a Shadow Storm, but it was neutralized by Mega Audino's Blizzard. The two wind-based moves clashed, canceling each other out, but since one was coming from a Mega Evolved Pokemon, and the other coming from a non-Shadow Pokemon, the Blizzard slightly prevailed over the other, although all it did was just pelt Venusaur with ice crystals. Audino then went for a Psyshock, levitating tiny pebbles, then making them plummet towards Venusaur.

So you are not fueled by pride? That is good. You must win this battle to claim your prize, and there will be even tougher battles to come, young Trainer, so do not let yourself relax.
The Light Screen wasn't set up in time, but Stewie wasted no time on his next move, a Swords Dance. However, Mega Scizor was able to overpower Stewie and land a powerful blow with Bullet Punch! Moreover, Mega Audino was able to cure itself of the poisoning like the skilled Healer that it was! Venoshock was super effective, but nowhere near as potent as Keith had been hoping. And then Shadow Storm was cancelled out by Blizzard, though Blizzard won out ever so slightly, pelting Dennis with a few ice crystals. And then came the Psyshock, another super effective blow, and this time with nothing to block it!

And Keith sought to fix this. The voice stated he had to win this fight if he wanted to claim a prize, but even if that hadn't been the case, he was still determined to win. His Pokémon were strong, even the Meowth and Minun on his shoulders sitting out this battle, and he knew it, they could do this! "Dennis! Skull Bash!" Keith called out at once.

"Saaaaaur," rumbled Dennis, lowering his head and assuming a stance that both prepared him for the powerful technique he was preparing and also boosted his Defense. Psyshock was technically a special attack, but it was the target's Defense that mattered here. Not only was Dennis gonna take less damage from his attack, but he'd also follow up with a mighty physical blow!

Keith turned to Stewie at this point. "Alright, Stewie, let's even the odds a bit. Flash, let's go!" he grinned.

"Led ledi!" Stewie responded, preparing to shine blinding light into the Scizor's eyes. Wouldn't be nearly as threatening if it couldn't see what it was doing, after all.

"After that, same tactic as with the Salamence- we outmaneuver with Agility, and Fire Punch when you have an opening!" Keith declared. Then, back to Dennis. "OK, Dennis, after this, follow up with Sludge, then pin it to the ground with a Body Slam!"

"Venusaur," Dennis growled in agreement as he charged up his Skull Bash.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Zorchic- Massive Sea'king'....... wait, could this be the King of the Lake? You ask the question but get no reply, even when Lucario telepathically transmits the message to the giant fish. You instruct Buizel to be ready for evasive action, the last thing you needed was a smashed board in the middle of a lake full of angry Pokemon. The Seaking begins its charge, unencumbered and without remorse. It's horn spins as it begins its Drill Run, it would certainly have no trouble smashing your board with an attack like that! Lucario fires an Aura Sphere, the ball of condensed aura flies straight as an arrow, yet Seaking takes it straight on, piercing the ball with its horn and shrugging of explosion. Buizel prepares to evade as Lucario readies his counter.

The Fighting type meets the Seaking's horn with his palm. Lucario grits his teeth as your board is forced back through the water, you wobble back and forth, struggling to maintain your footing. Thankfully Buizel manages to turn your board, moving you out of the Seaking's path. As the giant fish moves past you, Lucario returns serve, striking the Seaking in the side with a powerful Counter. A pained groan escapes from the Seaking as Lucario's blow winds it, giving you a moment to distance yourself.

"Vacuum Wave, Hariyama. Dragon Pulse, Heliolisk." Heath joins the fight, with Hariyama slamming its massive hands together to form a fast moving Vacuum Wave, while Heliolisk follows it with a rippling Dragon Pulse. The Seaking is hit across the flank but it quickly turns back to face its opponents. Energy begins to glow around the Seaking's horn and it soon begins to fire off an Ice Beam, swinging the attack around wildly without too much care or aim. Lucario shields you from the attack, while Hariyama does the same for Heath. As the Seaking stops its attack, you notice the wild Ice Beam has created some large ice platforms. They aren't exactly large but they're spread out around the Seaking, perhaps you could use them to your advantage?

Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - Xander, while agreeing with the plan, thought up a new one. Jeffrey listened, and then thought about it for a moment. He wasn't sure that it was a good idea, but Xander seemed like a good enough trainer to defend himself if he was caught. "Okay, I'm fine with that." Jeffrey said as he grabbed a red marker from his pocket. He ironed the map out, then used the red marker to draw a dark line through the vent systems. "This is the path you should travel across. Once you reach there, be deathly quiet. Take this key-" Jeffrey said as he held out a rusty brass key towards Xander. "-to unlock Toxtricity's chains, then you can take your bag, and deal with them." Jeffrey got up and helped push the crates into the right position. He was pushing them before he heard a key turning in the lock!

"Get behind the crates, quick!" He whispered as he shot for the door. Another steward opened the door, and he was accompanied by a Rockruff with blue fur instead of the regular pale brown. "Oh, its you, James." Jeffrey muttered as he re-locked the door. "You can come out, Xander." Jeffrey said. "This is James. He's my friend, and he won't expose us. James, can you help us move these crates?" Jeffrey asked as he briefed James on their plan.

"I can help you with that." James said as he pulled out a flashlight. "I thought you'd need this." he said, dropping the flash light on the floor.

Missingno. Master - You command your Pokemon once more, this time with a more full out approach than before. Stewie Flashed light towards Scizor, hoping to blind it, only for Scizor to cross both hands across his face, coating its pincers with metal again, reflecting the light back at Ledian, blinding the Five Star Pokemon! Stewie then tried to carry out its other commands, trying to use Agility to maneuver around Scizor's multiple X-Scissors and Night Slashes. Since he was partly blinded by the Flash attack, Stewie ended up smashing into the wall, which gave Scizor a chance to strike Stewie with an Aerial Ace!

Dennis buckled down, readying a Skull Bash, raising its Defense. Audino chuckled at this, then fired a Flamethrower from her left hand, straight at Dennis as he came in for the Skull Bash! The sheer intensity of the stream of fire caused Dennis to get burnt! Audino's eyes then glowed blue, using a Psychic to levitate the Sludge out of the way and directly towards Stewie! She then used that same attack to levitate Dennis into the air then threw him at the wall, directly for Stewie!

But the show of power wasn't over yet. Pebbles and boulders all around you rumbled as they rolled together in between the two Pokemon, eventually structuring themselves into a Steelix! And, of course, the Steelix quickly Mega Evolved! As you stood there, gazing at this all, Steelix slammed his tail into the ground, causing Stones to Edge out of the ground directly towards you!

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - You command your Pokemon once more, this time with a more full out approach than before. Stewie Flashed light towards Scizor, hoping to blind it, only for Scizor to cross both hands across his face, coating its pincers with metal again, reflecting the light back at Ledian, blinding the Five Star Pokemon! Stewie then tried to carry out its other commands, trying to use Agility to maneuver around Scizor's multiple X-Scissors and Night Slashes. Since he was partly blinded by the Flash attack, Stewie ended up smashing into the wall, which gave Scizor a chance to strike Stewie with an Aerial Ace!

Dennis buckled down, readying a Skull Bash, raising its Defense. Audino chuckled at this, then fired a Flamethrower from her left hand, straight at Dennis as he came in for the Skull Bash! The sheer intensity of the stream of fire caused Dennis to get burnt! Audino's eyes then glowed blue, using a Psychic to levitate the Sludge out of the way and directly towards Stewie! She then used that same attack to levitate Dennis into the air then threw him at the wall, directly for Stewie!

But the show of power wasn't over yet. Pebbles and boulders all around you rumbled as they rolled together in between the two Pokemon, eventually structuring themselves into a Steelix! And, of course, the Steelix quickly Mega Evolved! As you stood there, gazing at this all, Steelix slammed his tail into the ground, causing Stones to Edge out of the ground directly towards you!
Well, then. It was almost comical how majorly Keith's strategies were falling apart. Almost comical, but not quite. The reflective metal of Scizor's pincers reflected the light back at Stewie, hitting him with his own Flash, and Dennis's Skull Bash was met with a Flamethrower that, of course, burned him. Not only that, Stewie ended up plowed into the wall as a result of his partial blindness, and Mega Audino, using Psychic, was looking to hit Stewie with Dennis's Sludge, as well as Dennis himself! "OK, hell, no," Keith declared, holding out the Luxury Ball and Poké Ball. "Stewie, Dennis, return!" he called, the recall beams calling back his Ledian and Venusaur before they got even more badly injured. After this, however, Keith threw the balls once more, sending them back out. He knew this wouldn't do anything for Dennis's burn, but at least Stewie would be able to see perfectly well again. And now he knew better to attempt a Flash.

But there was yet another problem to contend with. A number of pebbles and boulders rolled together, coming together to form the shape of a Steelix, which, of course, Mega Evolved on the spot. Was that bad enough? Evidently not, for then the Steelix started to let loose a powerful Stone Edge, aiming it directly at Keith! And for a moment, Keith was frozen in place, still stunned by the frankly ludicrous turn of events, as Meowth tensed up and gave a squeak of terror...

"Mai maaaiiii!"

Keith blinked, his Minun's angry cry snapping him out of it. He saw Anion jumping down off his shoulder, taking on a reddish aura as she stood in the path of the Stone Edge- she was using Counter, Keith realized! "Yes! Anion, you rule!" Keith cheered.

"Mai mai, mai mai," Anion smirked.

Keith straightened his hat, looking more determined than ever before. "It's three on three now, guys! Let's do it right this time! Anion, after that Counter, use Thunder Wave on Mega Scizor, then Entrainment on Mega Audino! Dennis, once Anion's done that, target Mega Audino with Toxic once more, then blast it with Venoshock after Venoshock! Stewie, once Scizor's paralyzed, we try our strategy once more- Swords Dance, Agility, and Fire Punch once you have an opening!"

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - Xander, while agreeing with the plan, thought up a new one. Jeffrey listened, and then thought about it for a moment. He wasn't sure that it was a good idea, but Xander seemed like a good enough trainer to defend himself if he was caught. "Okay, I'm fine with that." Jeffrey said as he grabbed a red marker from his pocket. He ironed the map out, then used the red marker to draw a dark line through the vent systems. "This is the path you should travel across. Once you reach there, be deathly quiet. Take this key-" Jeffrey said as he held out a rusty brass key towards Xander. "-to unlock Toxtricity's chains, then you can take your bag, and deal with them." Jeffrey got up and helped push the crates into the right position. He was pushing them before he heard a key turning in the lock!

"Get behind the crates, quick!" He whispered as he shot for the door. Another steward opened the door, and he was accompanied by a Rockruff with blue fur instead of the regular pale brown. "Oh, its you, James." Jeffrey muttered as he re-locked the door. "You can come out, Xander." Jeffrey said. "This is James. He's my friend, and he won't expose us. James, can you help us move these crates?" Jeffrey asked as he briefed James on their plan.

"I can help you with that." James said as he pulled out a flashlight. "I thought you'd need this." he said, dropping the flash light on the floor.

Xander was pleased when Jeffrey agreed to his revised plan. The steward used a red marker to draw the path he'd need to take through the vents and handed Xander a key he'd need to undo the chains on Toxtricity. Things were going well and they were slowly clearing the crates, but then they were forced to stop when someone else opened the door. Jeffrey briefed a sigh of relief when he realised it was just another steward, but Xander wasn't pleased. The more people involved, the hard this was going to be. James was accompanied by a shiny Rockruff, quite a rare Pokemon for a simple steward. Xander came out from behind the crates when Jeffrey gave him the all clear. James dropped a flashlight on the floor, a bit rude, could he not just hand it to him? Xander was cautious of the newcomer. One person coming to help him was lucky, two was too good to be true....

Xander kept talking as he arced around, positioning himself between James and the door. Grookey sat on his shoulder, the Galarian Starter's eyes firmly fixed on the Rockruff. "So you were in on this plan James? I suppose you've got a reason for helping me as well? It's brave of you to stick your neck out for a stranger, wouldn't expect that from many people in these parts." He needed to get a move on, time was of the essence, but his gut was telling him that something was off.

Reaction score
Missingno. Master - Thinking quickly, you recall the two Pokemon that were on a collision course for each other, stopping any chance of them hitting each other. Your Minun thinks even faster than you, Countering the Stone Edge! Steelix grunted as it was hit by its own attack, then slammed its tail in the ground again, causing an Earthquake and simultaneously causing a Rock Slide! Steelix lastly took a Breaking Swipe at Stewie! Minun shot off a Thunder Wave at Scizor, paralyzing it, or it seemed so, only for Audino to play Healer again! Anion then did a quick dance, using Entrainment on Audino, only for Steelix to take the hit for the Hearing Pokemon, also taking all of Dennis' attacks! Since Steelix was a Steel type, they did no effect to it at all!

Stewie repeated its previous actions, at least not blind this time. It worked slightly better, but Scizor was ready for it. Scizor stood its ground, fighting back with bullet-fast punches. Audino repeated its Blizzard, this time more powerful than before! It struck Dennis the hardest, as it was a super-effective hit. Then, things were about to get even worse than they were. A purple five-fingered hand slowly appeared from the cave wall, as if someone was passing through. It took about 12 seconds before the creature completely passed. It was a Dusknoir! But it was larger than normal, and it was dark purple. Then, the voice spoke again. It was coming from the Dusknoir!

I have come to test your strength, myself.

The Dusknoir opened its stomach mouth, and multiple shadows spiralled out of it! The shadows formed themselves into a Gengar, Banette, and Malamar! Gengar and Banette of course, Mega Evolved, then they all waited for your next move.

TheKnightsFury - After hearing out Jeffrey about James, you get a bad feeling. Asking James why he was helping you, James gave a smirk back. "Good question, Xander." he said as he inched towards the door. "He's helping you because we're friends." Jeffrey said, not seeing James' movements, as he was facing the crates with full attention. You are about to alert Jeffrey when James unlocks the door! A pair of drunk clubbers barge in, as James' Rockruff runs away from him! "Rockruff, what're you-" James shouts towards him, as the Rockruff snaps back, baring his fangs while growling at a low tone. The two drunkards both had half-empty bottles of beer in their hands, it was obvious they wanted to hurt you with them.

"Bad guys never win, James." Jeffrey said as he quickly called a command to Lotad. "Lotad, quick, Hydro Pump on them, then follow it with an Ice Beam! Freeze them to give us some time!" Lotad spun around, blasting the stream of water at them, pushing them back, then he did the same with the cold stream of ice towards the group, freezing them in place! "Xander, quick, into the vents! I think we both have to go now."

Jeffrey quickly climbed the stack he had created, with Lotad and Rockruff on his tail. "Follow me!" Jeffrey stopped midway up to the window. "Maybe we should just go out the front door instead. They already know I'm helping you, so whats the point of trying to go around them? Lets just blast through."

Jeffrey then grabbed another Pokeball on his belt, this time releasing a Kecleon. "Kecleon, you think you can go unlock Toxtricity from his chains?" Jeffrey asked the Color Swap Pokemon, who nodded. "Xander, hand over the key."

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - After hearing out Jeffrey about James, you get a bad feeling. Asking James why he was helping you, James gave a smirk back. "Good question, Xander." he said as he inched towards the door. "He's helping you because we're friends." Jeffrey said, not seeing James' movements, as he was facing the crates with full attention. You are about to alert Jeffrey when James unlocks the door! A pair of drunk clubbers barge in, as James' Rockruff runs away from him! "Rockruff, what're you-" James shouts towards him, as the Rockruff snaps back, baring his fangs while growling at a low tone. The two drunkards both had half-empty bottles of beer in their hands, it was obvious they wanted to hurt you with them.

"Bad guys never win, James." Jeffrey said as he quickly called a command to Lotad. "Lotad, quick, Hydro Pump on them, then follow it with an Ice Beam! Freeze them to give us some time!" Lotad spun around, blasting the stream of water at them, pushing them back, then he did the same with the cold stream of ice towards the group, freezing them in place! "Xander, quick, into the vents! I think we both have to go now."

Jeffrey quickly climbed the stack he had created, with Lotad and Rockruff on his tail. "Follow me!" Jeffrey stopped midway up to the window. "Maybe we should just go out the front door instead. They already know I'm helping you, so whats the point of trying to go around them? Lets just blast through."

Jeffrey then grabbed another Pokeball on his belt, this time releasing a Kecleon. "Kecleon, you think you can go unlock Toxtricity from his chains?" Jeffrey asked the Color Swap Pokemon, who nodded. "Xander, hand over the key."

The plan had changed again. As Xander had suspected, James was far from trustworthy and the scummy steward had rushed to the door before Xander managed to flank him. Two drunkards rushed into the storeroom, ready to cause havoc. Thankfully Jeffrey is quick to the draw, his Lotad comboing a Hydro Pump into an Ice Beam to freeze the three in place. "Grookey make sure they stay in place, plant a Leech Seed on each of them." Xander let Grookey get to work, the Leech Seed vines would help keep them in place even if the ice started to break and the energy drain would hopefully leave them fatigued. They were about to start climbing up to the vents when Jeffrey had a change of heart.

"You're right Jeffrey", Xander commented, "they've got to know that we've busted out now." Jeffrey released a Kecleon, intending for the Color Swap Pokemon to travel through the vents and free Toxtricity. Xander handed the reptilian the key. "Good idea with Kecleon, if we can draw everyone out the front, it should have a clear path to Toxtricity and my gear. We've just got to keep them busy until Kecleon can bring the cavalry. I'm surprised Rockruff betrayed its owner, they're meant to be incredibly loyal. My father has a Dusk Lycanroc and I'd never question its loyalty. It seems to know you though, maybe it would be better in your care?" Xander was sure they'd be in for a fight as soon as they left the storeroom. They couldn't afford to fight in here, they needed to get outside. "Grookey, you ready to go? If anyone comes at us you need to Screech, at them to give us an opening, Knock Off any weapons you see, we don't want anyone getting hurt. Let's go!"

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - Thinking quickly, you recall the two Pokemon that were on a collision course for each other, stopping any chance of them hitting each other. Your Minun thinks even faster than you, Countering the Stone Edge! Steelix grunted as it was hit by its own attack, then slammed its tail in the ground again, causing an Earthquake and simultaneously causing a Rock Slide! Steelix lastly took a Breaking Swipe at Stewie! Minun shot off a Thunder Wave at Scizor, paralyzing it, or it seemed so, only for Audino to play Healer again! Anion then did a quick dance, using Entrainment on Audino, only for Steelix to take the hit for the Hearing Pokemon, also taking all of Dennis' attacks! Since Steelix was a Steel type, they did no effect to it at all!

Stewie repeated its previous actions, at least not blind this time. It worked slightly better, but Scizor was ready for it. Scizor stood its ground, fighting back with bullet-fast punches. Audino repeated its Blizzard, this time more powerful than before! It struck Dennis the hardest, as it was a super-effective hit. Then, things were about to get even worse than they were. A purple five-fingered hand slowly appeared from the cave wall, as if someone was passing through. It took about 12 seconds before the creature completely passed. It was a Dusknoir! But it was larger than normal, and it was dark purple. Then, the voice spoke again. It was coming from the Dusknoir!

I have come to test your strength, myself.

The Dusknoir opened its stomach mouth, and multiple shadows spiralled out of it! The shadows formed themselves into a Gengar, Banette, and Malamar! Gengar and Banette of course, Mega Evolved, then they all waited for your next move.
Keith was quick to think here, withdrawing his Pokémon just in time and sending them back out, and he felt quite confident in the orders he'd given as well. That is, of course, right up until they all went horribly wrong. Again. Because why the hell not. Steelix recovered quickly from getting hit with twice the power of its own Stone Edge, and executed Earthquake and Rock Slide simultaneously, and following up with Breaking Swipe. Scizor's paralysis from Thunder Wave was healed again by Audino's Healer, which apparently consistently activates instantaneously upon the merest hint of a status condition. It certainly seemed like this was the case in this battle, at any rate. Scizor fought back easily against Stewie, Audino repeated Blizzard, a gigantic purple Dusknoir came out of nowhere and summoned an additional three opponents, two of which were a Gengar and a Banette, and thus were able to Mega Evolve. And of course, as was the case with anything else they've encountered in this cave, if it can Mega Evolve, it friggin' Mega Evolves.

For a moment, Keith was speechless. Mega Scizor, Mega Steelix, Mega Audino, Mega Gengar, Mega Banette, and a Malamar, and that was assuming the damn Dusknoir didn't get in on the fight itself as well! And considering Keith's luck so far, he figured it just might!

"...Youse gotta be kiddin' me!" Meowth exploded, breaking the silence. "How is any o' dis fair?!"

"I don't believe it was ever intended to be, Meowth," Keith stated quietly.

"Yeah, dat makes me feel betta," Meowth replied dryly. "I say we trow in da towel, and forfeit while da forfeitin's good."

Keith opened his mouth to respond to this, when his other Pokémon saved him the trouble. "SAAAAAUR!" Dennis roared in disagreement.

"Led ledi!" added Stewie.

"Mai maaaai!" Anion exclaimed indignantly.

"...dey don't wanna quit," groaned Meowth. "Dennis, Stewie, and Anion wanna see dis trough to the end fer youse."

Keith smiled appreciatively at his Venusaur, Ledian, and Minun. "Thank you, guys," he said. "That means a lot. I know you won't let me down, and so I won't let you down either. And that means it's on me to make sure things are as evenly matched as possible!" he added. "Meowth, you get in there, alright? It's all hands on deck now."

"As I knew it would be," Meowth sighed, jumping down off Keith's shoulder, claws extended.

Keith then took the Poison Ball and Poké Ball off his belt. "Aster, Chuck, you too!" he exclaimed, sending back out his Shiny Toxapex and his Gengar.

"T-T-Toxa..." Aster murmured shyly, though she still stood ready and resolute.

"Hmm," Chuck grinned, eyeing up his opponents, including his Mega Evolved counterpart. "Oh, we're absolutely going all-out here, I take it?"

Keith grinned back. "However did you guess?" he quipped, gripping the brim of his Mega Hat. "Now, Chuck!" he added. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared.

Once again, three tendrils of energy erupted from the Gengarite set into Chuck's headband, while another three erupted from the Key Stone set into Keith's hat. These tendrils of energy connected in midair, linking Key Stone to Gengarite- linking Keith to Chuck. For the second time today, Chuck underwent a magnificent transformation, and now stared down the enemies with the maniacal grin of the
!

Chuck's Gengarite is reacting to Keith's Mega Hat!

!!!

!!!!

!!!!!

Chuck has Mega Evolved into Mega Gengar!​
Keith turned his hat backwards- things were getting serious now. "OK, Chuck, get moving!" he declared. "You're going after Audino- strike it down with repeated uses of Sludge Bomb! And its allies are more than willing to defend it- attack from the shadows if you have to, whatever gets the job done!"

"Yes, sir!" cackled Chuck, his voice echoing strangely following his Mega Evolution.

"Aster, go for the Malamar!" Keith continued. "Attack with Pin Missile, and shield yourself from retaliation with Baneful Bunker! Then follow up with your Infestation attack!"

"Toxapex!" Aster responded, sounding as ready as she ever would.

"Meowth, you're taking on the Scizor," Keith stated. "Start with a Fake Out, then hit it with an Incinerate! Follow that up with another Incinerate, and we'll show it who the better Technician is!"

"Dat's right!" Meowth purred. Keith's confidence was proving, as usual, to be strangely contagious.

"Stewie, take the Banette!" Keith continued. "Ominous Wind, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, in that order!"

"Led Ledian!" Stewie responded readily.

"Anion, take on the Gengar!" Keith declared. "Confound and strike with Acrobatics, then use Nasty Plot and give it a Thunderbolt!"

"Mai mai!" Anion responded sharply.

"And Dennis, that leaves you and the Steelix!" Keith declared. "Let it taste the Fire of your Hidden Power, and then tie it up with Leech Seed and String Shot!"

"SAAAAAAUR!" roared Dennis.

"And everybody," Keith added. "Be ready to change targets at a moment's notice. These opponents aren't to be taken lightly!" As he spoke, he eyed the Dusknoir carefully. From the larger purple Pokémon's wording, Keith wasn't entirely certain whether or not it would actually join in on the fighting itself, but if it showed signs of, he was all set to warn whichever Pokémon it would target. This would be a tough battle, for certain, but Keith was ready to take it on, and so, he knew, were his Pokémon.

Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Reaction score
Faiyaa- Recalling Triton and Pickle into their balls, you decide there was no point in waiting around for Marina. That Popplio need attention, you couldn't delay. Apollo sticks close to you, illuminating the path ahead as you swim into the temple. Despite being submerged, the temple seemed to be in fantastic condition. You'd expect it to be deteriorated from the saltwater, but it seemed oddly preserved. You're thankful that the path doesn't seem to through any curve balls at you. No split hallways, no reason to make a decision to go left or right. You notice Apollo pause as you pass by a motif carved into the wall. Curiosity takes hold and you give it a once over. It seemed to depict a human, or was it a Pokemon? Some of the figures were definitely people, some were definitely Pokemon, yet others seemed to be a strange mix? You'd already wasted enough time. You continue through the hallway, but after a while you notice that a current has started to pull on you. It gets stronger as you continue and by the time you find the source, it is already too late.....

The source of the current is something strange. It seems like an odd mix of a whirlpool and a portal? Apollo and yourself do your best to avoid getting drawn in, but despite your best efforts, you find yourself inching closer and closer to the whirling portal. Suddenly you're pulled in. The sensation can only be described as being put through a washing machine. Your senses are scrambled and by the time you come to, you find yourself in a chamber. Apollo sits in a pool of water next to you, the room is well lit, but not from the Lanturn. Mystical lights glitter across the ceiling. In the far corner of the chamber you spot the Primarina, cradling the Popplio in its arms. The Shiny Pokemon growls at you, it doesn't seem pleased to see you at all.
With time being of the essence, Gary pressed onward with Apollo into the underwater ruins. However, calling it a ruins might not have been entirely accurate as the submerged structure seemed to be in pristine condition. None of the stone that comprised the walls and pillars of the building seemed to be in any kid of disarray or decay, and there wasn’t a speck of algae growing on a thing in sight. Perplexed by everything that he was taking in, Gary followed behind Apollo’s guiding light as the Lanturn swam forward into the temple. Navigating the building seemed pretty straightforward as there were no twists or turns that might cause the two of them to get lost.

It wasn’t until Gary and Apollo were midway through the temple that they stopped for a short break at an unusual mural. It depicted some creature that was not quite human but also not quite a Pokemon; somewhere in between. With limited knowledge of this area’s local folklore and mythology, Gary’s curiosity took over and it was time to resume their quest to locate and rescue the injured Popplio. However, the further they pressed on, the stronger an underwater current pulled them in. Gary was a bit worried that it could get dangerous if they remained down here for too long, but unpredictably the current increased in strength a lot faster than expected and soon enough the trainer and his Lanturn were pulled into a swirling vortex. Gary tried to fight it the best he could, as expected when one was being pulled into an unforeseen wormhole, but his efforts were futile.

When Gary came to, he was in some strange room that had air in it, allowing him to remove his underwater breathing apparatus and fill his lungs. In a pool of water nearby was Apollo, while on the opposite side of the room was the shiny Primarina who was holding her pup very protectively. It was clearly upset by Gary’s presence, so he dropped his posture submissively to try and show that he wasn’t a threat. “I’m not here to hurt you,” he called out, “I just want to help your baby. It’s seriously injured!” Gary then looked over at Apollo. “It might not be much, but maybe a soothing Heal Bell will show them our intentions.”

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - After planting a Leech Seed to help tie the frozen foes up, you question why Rockruff would betray its owner, as the species was revered for its loyalty. Jeffrey smiled at the small blue canine Pokemon. "Rockruff may be loyal, but he still has his head on straight. He knows good from bad." Commanding your Grookey to stay watchful and attack anyone spotted, you both proceed out the door, to find a crowd of about 10 people. They were all crowded around a table, shouting and aggressively pointing towards it. No one had noticed you guys, yet. Still, you all stay deathly quiet, slowly trying to sneak around them to head for the exit so you could leave. Right before you can open the door, James' shoulder brushed against a wineglass sitting on a box, making it titter then fall crashing to the ground. The noise could barely be heard over the yelling, so none of them noticed. You both let out a sigh of relief, only for Rockruff to let out a loud yip of excitement.

That got their attention. All of them turned their heads simultaneously, all facing you. 4 of them took out baseball bats, 2 brought out guns, but Rockruff was quick, summoning up a Rock Throw, then directing the sharp stones at their hands, knocking the guns out of them, sending the guns across the floor, directly beside you both. The last 4 brought out Pokeballs and released the Pokemon inside them, one had a Charizard, one had a Galarian Linoone, the third had a Crobat, and the last had a Morgrem. The four Pokemon gazed at your three in disgust, and the trainers smirked, as you were outnumbered.

Or so they thought!

You hear rumbling coming from above, then both Kecleon and Toxtricity dropped in from an air vent directly above the pool table they were sitting at! Kecleon acted quickly, releasing a Shock Wave on them while jumping out, Toxtricity close behind. The two Pokemon landed beside you both, ready for a battle.

Missingno. Master - Contemplating forfeit, your Pokemon refuse, ready to fight to the end. Dusknoir is surprised at this, but is ready to give you a challenge. Shooting a hand forward, he commands his minions to attack, and they all rush forward to their separate targets. Scizor was first, dashing for your Meowth. Opening a single pincer and targeting Meowth, it releases a silvery beam of light directly for him! It was a Flash Cannon! Meowth headed in for a Fake Out, but the Flash Cannon stopped it. Meowth then tried its Incinerate attack, firing a ball of fire! Meowth was also a Technician, so Scizor needed to be quick. Scizor then hit Meowth with a Brick Break, but was still hit by the Incinerate, dealing some damage. Stewie flew quickly towards the Banette, bringing with a quite Ominous Wind, which was sure to damage the Banette. Banette fought back with a Thunderbolt, which hit Stewie directly, and even paralyzed the Five Star Pokemon! Due to this, Stewie could not perform its Thunder Punch, but it could perform Ice Punch, so it still dealt damage to the Marionette Pokemon.

Chuck swooped in from the shadows directly behind Audino, blasting it with a Sludge Bomb, but it was protected by, well, Protect! The forcefield couldn't stay up for long, so Audino moved quick, blasting him with a Psychic! Anion shot towards Gengar, who just disappeared into plain sight. It was gone, for now. Aster shot Malamar with Pin Missiles, but Malamar deflected them with simply a swipe of tentacle. Malamar dashed forward, shooting a wave of Psychic energy at Aster, which disabled her Baneful Bunker, and Malamar used the opening to Psycho Cut Aster, who released an Infestation on Malamar, which was sure to hit hard. Lastly, Dennis shot off a Hidden Power at Steelix, who set up its Iron Defense. Dennis then used both Leech Seed and String Shot, it was clear you were trying to bind up Steelix, but it was not going to work! Steelix spun its multiple segments, tearing off the String Shot and Leech Seed vines. Then, Dusknoir speaks again.

I'll be sitting out of this fight.

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - Contemplating forfeit, your Pokemon refuse, ready to fight to the end. Dusknoir is surprised at this, but is ready to give you a challenge. Shooting a hand forward, he commands his minions to attack, and they all rush forward to their separate targets. Scizor was first, dashing for your Meowth. Opening a single pincer and targeting Meowth, it releases a silvery beam of light directly for him! It was a Flash Cannon! Meowth headed in for a Fake Out, but the Flash Cannon stopped it. Meowth then tried its Incinerate attack, firing a ball of fire! Meowth was also a Technician, so Scizor needed to be quick. Scizor then hit Meowth with a Brick Break, but was still hit by the Incinerate, dealing some damage. Stewie flew quickly towards the Banette, bringing with a quite Ominous Wind, which was sure to damage the Banette. Banette fought back with a Thunderbolt, which hit Stewie directly, and even paralyzed the Five Star Pokemon! Due to this, Stewie could not perform its Thunder Punch, but it could perform Ice Punch, so it still dealt damage to the Marionette Pokemon.

Chuck swooped in from the shadows directly behind Audino, blasting it with a Sludge Bomb, but it was protected by, well, Protect! The forcefield couldn't stay up for long, so Audino moved quick, blasting him with a Psychic! Anion shot towards Gengar, who just disappeared into plain sight. It was gone, for now. Aster shot Malamar with Pin Missiles, but Malamar deflected them with simply a swipe of tentacle. Malamar dashed forward, shooting a wave of Psychic energy at Aster, which disabled her Baneful Bunker, and Malamar used the opening to Psycho Cut Aster, who released an Infestation on Malamar, which was sure to hit hard. Lastly, Dennis shot off a Hidden Power at Steelix, who set up its Iron Defense. Dennis then used both Leech Seed and String Shot, it was clear you were trying to bind up Steelix, but it was not going to work! Steelix spun its multiple segments, tearing off the String Shot and Leech Seed vines. Then, Dusknoir speaks again.

I'll be sitting out of this fight.
The battle, the really big battle, got underway! Meowth's Fake Out was somehow cancelled out by a faster Flash Cannon, but Incinerate landed, at least. Stewie got paralyzed by Banette's Thunderbolt, but had at least landed Ominous Wind and Ice Punch. Chuck, on the other hand, was having no luck whatsoever, Audino's Protect shielding it from Sludge Bomb before it retaliated with Psychic, and Anion's target, the opposing Gengar, had vanished into thin air! Malamar was able to deflect Pin Missile and Disable Baneful Bunker before landing a Psycho Cut, but was subsequently hit hard by Infestation. And Dennis landed Hidden Power completely unimpeded (Iron Defense, after all, does nothing against special attacks), but was able to clear off the String Shot and Leech Seed without a problem.

Keith nodded at the Dusknoir's assurances that it would be sitting out of this fight, then turned his full and complete attention back to the battle. "Meowth, cover Anion, that Gengar's using Phantom Force!" he declared. "Have a Shadow Claw at the ready when it reappears, then follow up with Icy Wind and Bite! Anion, while Meowth's doing that, give all your allies a nice Helping Hand, then blast Scizor with a Thunderbolt! And if it comes at you with a physical move, give it your best Counter! Aster, now that Malamar's got that Infestation to contend with, try Pin Missile once more! Follow up with Liquidation, then Ice Beam! Chuck, use Reflect Type on Audino, then keep going for Sludge Bomb after Sludge Bomb! Stewie, keep targeting Banette! Ominious Wind once more, then Swords Dance, and follow up with Shadow Blast! Dennis, keep wearing down Steelix! Go for Growth, and follow up with Hidden Power after Hidden Power!"

Keith had said that all pretty fast, but fortunately, all six of his Pokémon had no trouble following what he had said. He gave a tired yet confident grin- he started to feel as though this was actually doable.

He only hoped he was right.

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - After planting a Leech Seed to help tie the frozen foes up, you question why Rockruff would betray its owner, as the species was revered for its loyalty. Jeffrey smiled at the small blue canine Pokemon. "Rockruff may be loyal, but he still has his head on straight. He knows good from bad." Commanding your Grookey to stay watchful and attack anyone spotted, you both proceed out the door, to find a crowd of about 10 people. They were all crowded around a table, shouting and aggressively pointing towards it. No one had noticed you guys, yet. Still, you all stay deathly quiet, slowly trying to sneak around them to head for the exit so you could leave. Right before you can open the door, James' shoulder brushed against a wineglass sitting on a box, making it titter then fall crashing to the ground. The noise could barely be heard over the yelling, so none of them noticed. You both let out a sigh of relief, only for Rockruff to let out a loud yip of excitement.

That got their attention. All of them turned their heads simultaneously, all facing you. 4 of them took out baseball bats, 2 brought out guns, but Rockruff was quick, summoning up a Rock Throw, then directing the sharp stones at their hands, knocking the guns out of them, sending the guns across the floor, directly beside you both. The last 4 brought out Pokeballs and released the Pokemon inside them, one had a Charizard, one had a Galarian Linoone, the third had a Crobat, and the last had a Morgrem. The four Pokemon gazed at your three in disgust, and the trainers smirked, as you were outnumbered.

Or so they thought!

You hear rumbling coming from above, then both Kecleon and Toxtricity dropped in from an air vent directly above the pool table they were sitting at! Kecleon acted quickly, releasing a Shock Wave on them while jumping out, Toxtricity close behind. The two Pokemon landed beside you both, ready for a battle.

They'd exited the frypan and entered the fryer! Xander expected to come up against a few people, but not this many! He froze as two of the clubbers pulled guns, but quickly breathed a sigh of relief as Rockruff knocked the guns from their hands. They were still outnumbered though, two of the clubbers were wielding baseball bats, while four of them revealed Pokemon. A Charizard, a Crobat, a Galarian Linoone and a Morgrem. He knew Charizards in and out and he'd dealt with Crobats, but the Galarian Linoone and Morgrem were foreign to him. Regardless, this was too much for Grookey, Lotad and Rockruff to handle.

Thankfully assistance was close by and Toxtricity and Kecleon revealed themselves. Xander was glad to see the punky electric type, he knew they at least might stand a chance now. "Toxtricity! You're okay! Don't suppose you got my bag and stuff? Do us a favour and pin everyone down with an Electroweb? Then show them a Noble Roar! Grookey let loose your Grassy Surge, then get a bit of Growth before hitting Linoone and Morgrem with Razor Leaf!" Xander looked around, if those clubbers came at him with a bat, he'd need something to defend himself with. He wasn't comfortable wielding a gun, but he knew his way around a sword thanks to his father. He just needed something to swing! After what he'd seen in the storeroom, Xander figured Jeffrey would be more than capable of holding his own in this fight.

Wielder of Toxic Smoke
Reaction score
Zorchic- Massive Sea'king'....... wait, could this be the King of the Lake? You ask the question but get no reply, even when Lucario telepathically transmits the message to the giant fish. You instruct Buizel to be ready for evasive action, the last thing you needed was a smashed board in the middle of a lake full of angry Pokemon. The Seaking begins its charge, unencumbered and without remorse. It's horn spins as it begins its Drill Run, it would certainly have no trouble smashing your board with an attack like that! Lucario fires an Aura Sphere, the ball of condensed aura flies straight as an arrow, yet Seaking takes it straight on, piercing the ball with its horn and shrugging of explosion. Buizel prepares to evade as Lucario readies his counter.

The Fighting type meets the Seaking's horn with his palm. Lucario grits his teeth as your board is forced back through the water, you wobble back and forth, struggling to maintain your footing. Thankfully Buizel manages to turn your board, moving you out of the Seaking's path. As the giant fish moves past you, Lucario returns serve, striking the Seaking in the side with a powerful Counter. A pained groan escapes from the Seaking as Lucario's blow winds it, giving you a moment to distance yourself.

"Vacuum Wave, Hariyama. Dragon Pulse, Heliolisk." Heath joins the fight, with Hariyama slamming its massive hands together to form a fast moving Vacuum Wave, while Heliolisk follows it with a rippling Dragon Pulse. The Seaking is hit across the flank but it quickly turns back to face its opponents. Energy begins to glow around the Seaking's horn and it soon begins to fire off an Ice Beam, swinging the attack around wildly without too much care or aim. Lucario shields you from the attack, while Hariyama does the same for Heath. As the Seaking stops its attack, you notice the wild Ice Beam has created some large ice platforms. They aren't exactly large but they're spread out around the Seaking, perhaps you could use them to your advantage?
When the Seaking didn't respond to Jake and Lucario's question and just charged ahead, Jake shook his head. "I take that as a no," he said as the Seaking broke through Lucario's Aura Sphere. The Fighting and Steel-type blocked the Drill Run with Counter, before Heath's Pokémon joined in, firing attacks of their own. After everything cleared, the Seaking thrashed about, firing an Ice Beam in different directions. Thankfully, Lucario blocked the attack from hitting Jake, and Hariyama shielded Heath.

Jake noticed that parts of the water around them had frozen over, providing platforms for Pokémon to use. He didn't know if his Pokémon could utilize them well, though, since Buizel had to steer the board and Lucario had to protect Jake from attacks. Even so, the aura trainer had an idea. Steadying himself on the board for a moment, he reached inside his pocket and took out a Pokéball.

Jake quickly tossed the Pokéball in the air, and what came out of it was neither Frillish nor Starly, though it was part Ghost-type like Frillish. No, what came out was a Gengar, floating in the air courtesy of her Levitate Ability, which would make her immune to Ground moves. Right now, the Ghost and Poison-type Pokémon hovered over everyone at a distance, though she could land on the ice platforms if she really needed to.

Seeing the intense situation, Jake knew he had to be short and quick about this. "Alright, Gengar, this is Heath and his Pokémon. They're friendly." He pointed. "What's not friendly is this Seaking." He gestured to the giant Goldfish Pokémon, and gave his orders to Gengar and Lucario. "Gengar, use Confuse Ray on Seaking, then follow with Toxic, and use Hex next! Lucario, do a quick Work Up and then blast the Seaking with a continuous Dragon Pulse! Use Counter if it gets too close!" Jake knew that when a Poison-type like Gengar used Toxic, the attack would be guaranteed to hit and cause potent poison that would get worse over time. Hex would do more damage if the target was statused, too. And Lucario's Counter was just a little preventative measure.

Buizel, meanwhile, knew to stay on his guard and steer Jake's board out of any danger. He'd need all the focus he could get, and he wasn't in any position to use moves, anyway.

Reaction score
Missingno. Master - After affirming Dusknoir would not join the fray, you send out another set of commands. You realize the Gengar was using Phantom Force, and command Meowth to defend Anion when it re-appears. Meowth rushes over, as its claws extend, glowing a dark ultraviolet, ready to Shadow Claw the Shadow Pokemon when it appears.

Anion performs a quick dance, giving her teammates a Helping Hand, then raising its right paw to blast a Thunderbolt at Scizor. Scizor's left pincer suddenly became metallic, and, putting it in the way of the incoming Thunderbolt, it reflected the attack! It bounced off of the pincer and headed straight for Stewie! Gengar reappears, directly behind Meowth, and before he can make a move, Gengar strikes him with a Drain Punch, which was so powerful it made Meowth slam into the wall!

Aster tried Pin Missle again, but it was as useless as the first time. It then went in for a Liquidation, only for Malamar to disappear as well, then reappear behind her! Malamar struck Toxapex with a Psycho Cut, and before Toxapex to turn and use Ice Beam, Malamar had already re-appeared in front of her and hit her with a Night Slash. The Infestation seemed to not be taking any effect!

Chuck tried to Reflect Type Audino, but, of course, Audino disappeared, and in its place appeared the enemy Mega Gengar! It seemed as if Chuck had reflected himself instead! So, Chuck was lost at what to do, as the Audino was nowhere to be found! Stewie blew an Ominous Wind again, this time, instead of boosting Stewie's abilities, it lowered them, Swords Dance doing the same! Stewie tried a Shadow Blast, but it didn't even effect Banette!

Dennis stood in place, using Growth, then repeated Hidden Power, which seemed to be the only thing that had worked, scorching Steelix's metallic surface.

TheKnightsFury - After assessing the situation, you had chosen a good course of action. You command Toxtricity to Electroweb your opponents, which it tried to do, only for Charizard to burn the web with a fiery Flamethrower. Toxtricity then let out a Noble Roar, making its foes slightly insecure and lowering their attack power. Grookey slammed his stick into the ground, spreading a Grassy Terrain across the floor. Grookey then used Growth to boost his attacking power. He swished his small stick, summoning razor-sharp leaves that sliced their way for Linoone and Morgrem, only for them to be burnt up by another Flamethrower from Charizard.

"Lotad, Hydro Pump!" Jeffrey commanded as the small Water Weed Pokemon blasted a high-pressure stream of water directly at Charizard, which did some damage to the reptilian dragon Pokemon. Rockruff ran across the room, onto the table and jumped, its tail shimmering as it smacked the Crobat directly on the head, which disoriented it for a moment, allowing Rockruff to use it as a stepping stone to escape.

"Charizard, Dragon Claw, then Fire Blast!" the largest clubber yelled, as Charizard dashed forward, clawing the air, sending an energy slice directly for Toxtricity! Charizard then blasted a huge ball of fire, headed directly for Grookey. Both these attacks hit their mark, dealing heavy damage to your Pokemon! Crobat flew directly towards Lotad, using Wing Attack to strike the small Pokemon. Linoone stood there, getting all Worked Up! Morgrem rushed forward at Grookey, who was still licking his wounds, and took the chance to stab Grookey with a False Surrender!

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - After affirming Dusknoir would not join the fray, you send out another set of commands. You realize the Gengar was using Phantom Force, and command Meowth to defend Anion when it re-appears. Meowth rushes over, as its claws extend, glowing a dark ultraviolet, ready to Shadow Claw the Shadow Pokemon when it appears.

Anion performs a quick dance, giving her teammates a Helping Hand, then raising its right paw to blast a Thunderbolt at Scizor. Scizor's left pincer suddenly became metallic, and, putting it in the way of the incoming Thunderbolt, it reflected the attack! It bounced off of the pincer and headed straight for Stewie! Gengar reappears, directly behind Meowth, and before he can make a move, Gengar strikes him with a Drain Punch, which was so powerful it made Meowth slam into the wall!

Aster tried Pin Missle again, but it was as useless as the first time. It then went in for a Liquidation, only for Malamar to disappear as well, then reappear behind her! Malamar struck Toxapex with a Psycho Cut, and before Toxapex to turn and use Ice Beam, Malamar had already re-appeared in front of her and hit her with a Night Slash. The Infestation seemed to not be taking any effect!

Chuck tried to Reflect Type Audino, but, of course, Audino disappeared, and in its place appeared the enemy Mega Gengar! It seemed as if Chuck had reflected himself instead! So, Chuck was lost at what to do, as the Audino was nowhere to be found! Stewie blew an Ominous Wind again, this time, instead of boosting Stewie's abilities, it lowered them, Swords Dance doing the same! Stewie tried a Shadow Blast, but it didn't even effect Banette!

Dennis stood in place, using Growth, then repeated Hidden Power, which seemed to be the only thing that had worked, scorching Steelix's metallic surface.
...Why did Keith bother hoping for any shred of hope for this battle? Why? Scizor's pincer glowing with a metallic sheen, deflecting the Thunderbolt, because why not? Gengar totally calling Meowth jumping in and going for Drain Punch? Sure! Aster's Pin Missile having no effect on the Malamar it should have destroyed? While Infestation was doing literally nothing to it??? Yeah. This is fine. Chuck failing to do anything to Audino because it straight-up vanished?! SURE. BECAUSE AUDINO TOTALLY DO THAT. Stewie's moves seeming to lower his own stats? Why not! Made just as much sense as anything else that just happened!

Keith was momentarily speechless as he saw his Pokémon's efforts crashing down all around him. Well-thought-out strategies totally predicted. Moves ludicrously rebuffed. Audino vanishing without a trace. Stewie apparently had Contrary now somehow. Nothing was making sense. Pretty much the only aspect of this fight that was going right (or even making sense!) was Dennis's Hidden Power hammering away at Steelix. Everything else was feeling like it shouldn't even be happening the way that it was. How did Stewie suddenly gain Contrary when Malamar can't learn Skill Swap or anything similar? How was Malamar deflecting such super effective hits so easily? WHERE WAS AUDINO?!?!

Keith took a deep breath. He couldn't let himself lose focus just because of a few... dozen... extremely weird occurrences in the same battle. "Anion, use Entrainment on Stewie!" he called to his Minun. He didn't know how Stewie's Ability could have been changed, but right now, only thing that made sense was to change it to something else, and fast. Especially since the opposing Mega Gengar would surely have Shadow Tag, which would prevent Keith from withdrawing the Ledian to undo all of this. "Then use Seismic Toss and throw Scizor into the wall, and nail it with Thunderbolt before it can react! Stewie, once Anion uses Entrainment on you, use Swords Dance twice- that should be sufficient- and then unleash Shadow Storm on Banette once more! Chuck, don't let your doppleganger get away! Shadow Punch, Shadow Storm, Shadow Ball, go! Meowth, find that Audino and nail it with Gunk Shot as soon as you can! Follow that up with Iron Tail, and then Fury Swipes! Aster, heal yourself with Recover, then use Smart Strike on Malamar and follow up with Pin Missile yet again- don't give it time to recover between moves so it can't swat this one away! And Dennis, keep hammering away at Steelix! Hidden Power, Hidden Power, Hidden Power!"

His orders given, Keith, panting slightly, waited to see what came of them. At this point, nothing about the battle was certain, but he wasn't about to let a little weirdness trip him up too badly. Or in this case, a lot of incredibly frustrating weirdness, but same idea.

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - After assessing the situation, you had chosen a good course of action. You command Toxtricity to Electroweb your opponents, which it tried to do, only for Charizard to burn the web with a fiery Flamethrower. Toxtricity then let out a Noble Roar, making its foes slightly insecure and lowering their attack power. Grookey slammed his stick into the ground, spreading a Grassy Terrain across the floor. Grookey then used Growth to boost his attacking power. He swished his small stick, summoning razor-sharp leaves that sliced their way for Linoone and Morgrem, only for them to be burnt up by another Flamethrower from Charizard.

"Lotad, Hydro Pump!" Jeffrey commanded as the small Water Weed Pokemon blasted a high-pressure stream of water directly at Charizard, which did some damage to the reptilian dragon Pokemon. Rockruff ran across the room, onto the table and jumped, its tail shimmering as it smacked the Crobat directly on the head, which disoriented it for a moment, allowing Rockruff to use it as a stepping stone to escape.

"Charizard, Dragon Claw, then Fire Blast!" the largest clubber yelled, as Charizard dashed forward, clawing the air, sending an energy slice directly for Toxtricity! Charizard then blasted a huge ball of fire, headed directly for Grookey. Both these attacks hit their mark, dealing heavy damage to your Pokemon! Crobat flew directly towards Lotad, using Wing Attack to strike the small Pokemon. Linoone stood there, getting all Worked Up! Morgrem rushed forward at Grookey, who was still licking his wounds, and took the chance to stab Grookey with a False Surrender!

The start was a mixed bag. While They'd managed to lower their opponents attack stats, it did little to blunt the blow they dealt out in return. Charizard was proving the main issue, the Fire Starter shutting down a number of their attacks with its fiery breath. In the club, one of Charizard's biggest assets was removed, its flight. Crobat was smaller and more agile, but a big bulky Pokemon like Charizard needed room to use its flight to the intended extent. If Toxtricity could keep it pinned it close quarters, he'd stand a better chance. "Toxtricity, charge into Charizard with a Nuzzle! Then feel the beat and give it a Rock Blast! Grookey, beat Morgrem away with an Iron Tail, then Drain Punch on Linoone."

Xander looked over at Jeffrey, "can't let that Crobat keep going for Lotad. Keep Rockruff on top of it. Also, I don't suppose Kecleon grabbed my bag? This is already a shamozzle, I don't want to through any more Pokemon into the mix, but if we need to make a break for it, I can't afford to leave my bag behind." Xander prayed to Arceus that the stealthy reptilian had managed to swipe his bag, not only were his Pokemon in there, but all of his precious items as well. He'd stand and fight for as long as he could, but if things started to get out of hand, they were out numbered and couldn't afford to be beaten. They just really needed to keep Charizard in check....

Reaction score
Missingno. Master - Dusknoir chuckled at Keith’s frustration, and muttered something underneath his breath. It was inaudible, and there was no time to care about it, as you had something more important to contend to! Anion shot off a wave of discordant sound at Stewie, an Entrainment wanting to give Stewie’s its ability, but it just seemed to not work. Stewie tried the Swords Dance, but it was futile, as it lowered his Attacking power! Stewie fluttered towards Banette, who sent it right back with a Dragon Claw! The Marionette Pokemon’s right hand glowed green as it performed the attack! But Banette could not learn this move! You have no time to call out this issue, as Anion was the one being thrown into the wall as Scizor grabbed the small Cheering Pokemon in its pincer and threw her at the wall, Anion trying Thunderbolt but it not taking any effect.

Chuck readied its set of Shadow attacks, which made Dusknoir laugh out loud. “Are you seriously trying shadow-based attacks on a shadow?” The enemy Gengar simply reappeared behind Chuck, blasting him with its own Shadow Ball. Audino reappeared, and came crashing down on Aster, stopping it from doing its Recover attack with a Thunderbolt! Meowth ran over, and tried a Gunk Shot, rolling up a large purple ball of trash to throw, and the attack seemed to be successful, only for Steelix to smash the trash midair with its tail, and since Steelix was Steel type, it was completely immune to the attack! Meowth then tried an Iron Tail, but Audino scorched it with a Flamethrower mid-air! Aster dashed forward, striking the Malamar quite smartly, and re-tried the Pin Missile, but it was just as futile as the first two. The Infestation seemed to take effect this time, at least. However, Dennis had lucked out, as the Hidden Powers had stopped taking effect, making no scorch marks on the Steelix’s shiny skin.

Then, you get a loose feeling in your head. Your surroundings begin to shake out of view, fading, before you feel a cold blow to your head, then the world goes dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wake up sitting at a campfire, a small boy roasting a marshmallow at the other side. He was hunched up, his knees to his chest, and the arm holding the stick was trembling as if the boy was scared. He wasn’t staring at you; he was staring at something behind you.
Behind you was the Dusknoir from before.

TheKnightsFury - “Ah yes, he did swipe your bag.” Jeffrey said, as Kecleon gave you a thumbs up and smile as he handed you your bag. Toxtricity rushed forward and gave the Charizard a Nuzzle, paralyzing it and leaving it crippled for the time being, or at least slowed. Toxtricity then tapped its right foot on the ground, like a metronome, allowing it to blast rocks at the Charizard, but it wasn’t perfectly on time only blasting three rocks, which Charizard broke sequentially with its jaws. Grookey rushed at the Morgrem, and spun around, its tail solidifying into iron, and smacked Morgrem across the face, and using the momentum from its first attack to rebound and punch Linoone in the face, draining energy from it for itself.

Rockruff gave a nod to Lotad, who gave a nod back, and Jeffrey looked at them both, confused. Rockruff jumped onto Lotad’s back, only for Lotad to be covered in a blue light! The blue light enveloped the small Pokemon, and it began to grow in size, only for the light to envelop Rockruff as well! When the light dimmed, it revealed something amazing! They had both evolved! The new Midday Lycanroc jumped off Lombre’s head lily-pad, rushing in for an Accelerock headfirst at Charizard, then jumped off Charizard’s face in a similar maneuver to Grookey and latched itself atop Crobat! Crobat flew around, trying to get the lupine Pokemon off of its body, but it was futile, as Lycanroc had its teeth on its wing with a tight Crunch. Lombre blasted another Hydro Pump at Charizard, this one hitting harder than the previous.

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Missingno. Master - Dusknoir chuckled at Keith’s frustration, and muttered something underneath his breath. It was inaudible, and there was no time to care about it, as you had something more important to contend to! Anion shot off a wave of discordant sound at Stewie, an Entrainment wanting to give Stewie’s its ability, but it just seemed to not work. Stewie tried the Swords Dance, but it was futile, as it lowered his Attacking power! Stewie fluttered towards Banette, who sent it right back with a Dragon Claw! The Marionette Pokemon’s right hand glowed green as it performed the attack! But Banette could not learn this move! You have no time to call out this issue, as Anion was the one being thrown into the wall as Scizor grabbed the small Cheering Pokemon in its pincer and threw her at the wall, Anion trying Thunderbolt but it not taking any effect.

Chuck readied its set of Shadow attacks, which made Dusknoir laugh out loud. “Are you seriously trying shadow-based attacks on a shadow?” The enemy Gengar simply reappeared behind Chuck, blasting him with its own Shadow Ball. Audino reappeared, and came crashing down on Aster, stopping it from doing its Recover attack with a Thunderbolt! Meowth ran over, and tried a Gunk Shot, rolling up a large purple ball of trash to throw, and the attack seemed to be successful, only for Steelix to smash the trash midair with its tail, and since Steelix was Steel type, it was completely immune to the attack! Meowth then tried an Iron Tail, but Audino scorched it with a Flamethrower mid-air! Aster dashed forward, striking the Malamar quite smartly, and re-tried the Pin Missile, but it was just as futile as the first two. The Infestation seemed to take effect this time, at least. However, Dennis had lucked out, as the Hidden Powers had stopped taking effect, making no scorch marks on the Steelix’s shiny skin.

Then, you get a loose feeling in your head. Your surroundings begin to shake out of view, fading, before you feel a cold blow to your head, then the world goes dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You wake up sitting at a campfire, a small boy roasting a marshmallow at the other side. He was hunched up, his knees to his chest, and the arm holding the stick was trembling as if the boy was scared. He wasn’t staring at you; he was staring at something behind you.
Behind you was the Dusknoir from before.
Dusknoir seemed to delight in Keith's frustration, but whatever it was mumbling under its breath, Keith neither knew nor cared. He couldn't afford to focus on anything other than this battle, not until things started looking more manageable.

...which did not happen.

Keith was in stunned disbelief as his latest set of commands seemed to fall flat at every turn. Anion's Entrainment flat-out didn't work, and Stewie seemed to still have Contrary, and was thus even further weakened by subsequent uses of Swords Dance. The Banette used Dragon Claw, a move Keith knew for a fact that the species outright couldn't learn. The Minun, meanwhile, got thrown into the wall by Scizor, and its Thunderbolt had no effect. Chuck's efforts actually got Dusknoir laughing, calling him out for attempting shadow-based moves on a shadow. "Well, speaking as a shadow myself, naturally I am," retorted the grinning Mega Gengar, just before taking a Shadow Ball from behind. Meanwhile, the Mega Audino reappeared, blasting Aster with a Thunderbolt. Meowth unleashed Gunk Shot, only for Steelix to intercept. Aster's attacks on Malamar still seemed woefully ineffective, though Infestation at least seemed to be starting to take effort. And Dennis's Hidden Power somehow seemed to stop working on Steelix.

Keith took a deep breath, intent on giving his Pokémon more orders, when his head started feeling funny. He shook his head to try and clear it, and if anything that made things worse. His surroundings faded from view, and then he felt a cold blow to his head, and everything went dark.

~~~~~

"Huh... wha... where..." Keith mumbled fuzzily as he came to. He saw a campfire, with a small boy roasting a marshmallow. "Wh... y'know, if you let the marshmallow catch fire, then blow it out a few seconds later, I personally think that's the best way to roast them-" he began, before his memories started to catch up to him. The cave. The multitude of Mega Evolutions. The large, purple Dusknoir. The horribly one-sided, nonsensical battle. Inexplicably passing out. "...wait, why am I at a campfire in the first- what-" he added, noticing that the boy seemed scared of something. And not Keith, but rather something behind him. Keith followed the boy's gaze- "Arceus, Mew, and Helix!" he exclaimed, jumping as he saw the very Dusknoir he had just been thinking about. "I- what- where am I?" Keith asked. "What happened in that battle? What WAS that battle? Why was absolutely nothing happening like it should have? Where- where are my Pokémon?" he added, reaching for his belt, hoping to find all six Poké Balls still there and containing their rightful occupants.

Reaction score
TheKnightsFury - “Ah yes, he did swipe your bag.” Jeffrey said, as Kecleon gave you a thumbs up and smile as he handed you your bag. Toxtricity rushed forward and gave the Charizard a Nuzzle, paralyzing it and leaving it crippled for the time being, or at least slowed. Toxtricity then tapped its right foot on the ground, like a metronome, allowing it to blast rocks at the Charizard, but it wasn’t perfectly on time only blasting three rocks, which Charizard broke sequentially with its jaws. Grookey rushed at the Morgrem, and spun around, its tail solidifying into iron, and smacked Morgrem across the face, and using the momentum from its first attack to rebound and punch Linoone in the face, draining energy from it for itself.

Rockruff gave a nod to Lotad, who gave a nod back, and Jeffrey looked at them both, confused. Rockruff jumped onto Lotad’s back, only for Lotad to be covered in a blue light! The blue light enveloped the small Pokemon, and it began to grow in size, only for the light to envelop Rockruff as well! When the light dimmed, it revealed something amazing! They had both evolved! The new Midday Lycanroc jumped off Lombre’s head lily-pad, rushing in for an Accelerock headfirst at Charizard, then jumped off Charizard’s face in a similar maneuver to Grookey and latched itself atop Crobat! Crobat flew around, trying to get the lupine Pokemon off of its body, but it was futile, as Lycanroc had its teeth on its wing with a tight Crunch. Lombre blasted another Hydro Pump at Charizard, this one hitting harder than the previous.

Charizard was paralysed but it seemed to not care too much about the quad effective Rock Blast that Toxtricity had smacked it with. Grookey had seen a bit more success as well, pushing the Morgrem back and draining a good amount of health back from the Linoone thanks to its own quad weakness. Things got even better when Lotad and Rockruff underwent a strangely synchronised evolution. Xander almost couldn't believe it, but he had to as the two newly evolved Pokemon proved themselves to be even more potent than before. The battle had certainly swung back into their favour, but there was no telling when things could swing back the other way. They needed to take advantage of this now.

Xander accepted the bag back from Jeffrey and immediately began to search through it. Not for another Pokemon, but for a couple of potential solutions to their problem. "Hey Jeffrey?" Xander questioned, "how attached are you to this place?" Xander locked eyes on what he was searching for, his Z Crystals. "Couple of options here. I could turn this place into a crater, freeze it into a giant ice cube, blow it apart with flowers, its your call." Xander was happy to turn this place into a bloody crater after all they'd put him and his Pokemon through. "Keep on the front foot boys! Toxtricity put your tunes to good use! Snarl, then hit our opponents with a Hyper Voice! Grookey go for an Acrobatics on Morgrem and transition it into another Iron Tail!