• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

    We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks

New Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Zelphon: "L-Lover's ... Grove?"

The wisps respond violently. Intensifying, the otherworldly flames begin to spit embers onto the desiccated ground, where they sink slowly through the dusty surface layer. Where they previously burned with an intense blue, now they were overcome by a striking and furious crimson, a dull pain throbbing through your head as screams echoed within your mind. After a few moments of this, during which time you consider fleeing, the barking of Naula only ever growing more desperate, a calmness falls over the apparition.

"Lover's Grove ... Take ... me there."

Shifting back to the eerie but comparatively less terrifying shade of blue, the wisps fade into the surrounding undergrowth, and for a moment you think this strange encounter may be nothing but a dream. Despite this, some part of you is left aware of the reality, Naula remaining on high alert with her fur standing on end. The foliage eventually parts once more, and this time rather than some trickery, it is a significantly more tangible being that replaces them.

A Mimikyu gingerly emerges, shielding itself from view using it's shadowy claws. It is clear that this particular Mimikyu has found itself upon tough times. It's cloak was tattered - torn in a number of places. Regardless of the circumstances, there was something decidedly pitiable about the Pokemon, the sense emphasised by it's uncertain behaviour. In spite of it's shyness, Mimikyu edges further into the clearing, gradually coming to a halt after finally emerging fully. Without warning, the wisps appear again, instinctively putting you on edge. However, the voices are this time much more considered and calm.

"I have ... unfinished business. Lover's Grove is ... important. I am ... no harm to you. Provided you are .. no harm to me."

Any suspicions you may have had were emphatically confirmed - Mimikyu was the one conjuring the voices.
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
1
Missingno. Master - Expressing your immediate displeasure with the group of skunks turning to fight you, withdrawing Chuck seems like the best play in order to maintain the safety of your team. As Dennis buffs himself with a Dragon Dance, it's clear the group wants nothing more than to send you packing, a series of Fury Swipes coming from the group of Stunky to rip into Dennis, though the Venusaur doesn't seem overly bothered even with the defensive debuff on him. What he doesn't appreciate, however, is the Flamethrower that comes from the Skuntank, singing his petals and causing the Venusaur to roar out in pain.

Retaliating, Dennis unleashes a massive Shadow Storm, which causes the Stunky to yip in pain and back up to their larger ally, away from the Venusaur that caused them such problems. The Skuntank, however, has no interest in protecting the smaller skunks, and proceeds to burrow under the ground once more, preparing for another strike. Realizing they may be outmatched, the Stunky all proceed to Leer at Stewie, the Ledian's Defense being lowered by a massive amount as he looks on towards the group.

It matters very little, however, as Dennis unleashes an absolutely massive Earthquake, which completely does in the Stunky, knocking them all out, and the roaring groan from below tells the tale that Skuntank isn't particularly happy about the nasty blow either. A short moment later it becomes evident as to why as it emerges from the earth to Dig into your Venusaur's underbelly once more, causing Dennis to reel from the blow a bit, clearly not feeling too happy about the damage he's sustained either.
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,895
Reaction score
8
Missingno. Master - Expressing your immediate displeasure with the group of skunks turning to fight you, withdrawing Chuck seems like the best play in order to maintain the safety of your team. As Dennis buffs himself with a Dragon Dance, it's clear the group wants nothing more than to send you packing, a series of Fury Swipes coming from the group of Stunky to rip into Dennis, though the Venusaur doesn't seem overly bothered even with the defensive debuff on him. What he doesn't appreciate, however, is the Flamethrower that comes from the Skuntank, singing his petals and causing the Venusaur to roar out in pain.

Retaliating, Dennis unleashes a massive Shadow Storm, which causes the Stunky to yip in pain and back up to their larger ally, away from the Venusaur that caused them such problems. The Skuntank, however, has no interest in protecting the smaller skunks, and proceeds to burrow under the ground once more, preparing for another strike. Realizing they may be outmatched, the Stunky all proceed to Leer at Stewie, the Ledian's Defense being lowered by a massive amount as he looks on towards the group.

It matters very little, however, as Dennis unleashes an absolutely massive Earthquake, which completely does in the Stunky, knocking them all out, and the roaring groan from below tells the tale that Skuntank isn't particularly happy about the nasty blow either. A short moment later it becomes evident as to why as it emerges from the earth to Dig into your Venusaur's underbelly once more, causing Dennis to reel from the blow a bit, clearly not feeling too happy about the damage he's sustained either.
The odds seemed a bit stacked against them here, with Keith only using Dennis against an entire horde of Stunky, complete with their Skuntank leader, but if Keith was at all worried about this, he hid it well. Indeed, he wasn't too worried- Dennis was a force to be reckoned with, and everyone present knew it. Well, maybe not the Stunky and Skuntank, but they were gonna learn this very soon.

Indeed, things were going pretty well- the Shadow Storm and Earthquake were sufficient to knock out all the Stunky, leaving only the Skuntank for a one-on-one fight. Prior to fainting, the Stunky had managed to Leer at Stewie, evidently under the mistaken impression he was intended to get in on this fight. The Ledian shuddered as he felt his Defense drop drastically, but he did his best to not show his discomfort, lest the enemy try and capitalize on it somehow. And he had to keep his wits about him- suppose he needed to get in on the action suddenly? Not that he didn't have faith in his Venusaur teammate, but that Skuntank was doing some nasty damage...

Dennis had been taking some considerable damage, but the Venusaur refused to back down. The Flamethrower stung, and that second Dig took something of a toll on him, but he still stood strong. Keith smiled proudly- a tough battle like this? Dennis was in his element here, and Keith knew it. "It's one on one now, Dennis!" Keith declared. "Let's try and wrap this up! Use Rock Climb! Then grab it with Vine Whip and use your Seismic Toss attack!"

"Venusaaaaur," rumbled Dennis, already all set for the first of those moves.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
265
Reaction score
4
TheKnightsFury - Deciding that this man, much like Wolfgang who sent you his way, is not to be trusted, you nonetheless opt to take on his gig in exchange for the information you require, at least as long as this Zigzagoon is as good as he claims, anyway. Requesting the man's name causes his eyebrow to raise, watching you as you go to wake your Pokemon, who easily stir from their slumber at this point.

"Sorry, lad, but we don't deal in names 'round these parts. Dangerous enough you know my face at this point, after all." Chuckling, he digs a small map of the town out from the satchel kept on his side, sprawling it out in from of him before sliding it across the table to where you were just sitting. "But perhaps if old Wolfgang's feeling friendly enough to give out his own these days you might be able to fish mine from him with a firm enough request..." Once again his face turns near to stone as he makes this realization.

Shrugging it off, he takes one of his assorted knives from his back, shooing the Zigzagoon away from the map for the moment with his left hand before pointing said knife with his right to an alleyway on the paper. "This here is where you are now. Just outside the heart of the Devil's Playground." Tracing the knife along a circular series of small alleys, he continues. "Now this place is a bit too well known for startup pickpockets and various break-ins to be worth keeping a guard post nearby. Instead they parole along this path in groups of three, the formation is typically enough to keep most stray hands from their pockets." Glancing over at the Zigzagoon now on the floor, he reaches down with the same hand that had just shooed it off the table and pets it along the head. "Though if that's not enough the tough customer Pokemon they carry tend to dissuade anyone who would be stupid enough to try otherwise."

Tucking the knife away, he picks up the Zigzagoon and places it on the table, scratching behind his ears, a sly smirk reaching from ear to ear. "That's where you come in."
The man refusing to offer his name was of some concern to Xander. Apart from showing an obvious lack of trust, it meant that if things went to plan and he fulfilled his end of the agreement, the man could simply disappear, leaving Xander with no way to track him. The man dug out a small map, sliding it across the table to Xander. He pointed out where they currently were on the map, right near the heart of Devil's Playground. From there he points out an area known for pickpocketing, where guards often paroled in tight formations to ward off straying hands. They wouldn't exactly be good at their jobs if they fell victim to the crimes they were trying to prevent. It seemed the guards were quite well armed as well, possessing tough Pokemon capable of warding off the few who would consider stealing from them.

"So instead of breaking into one the the guards compounds, you want to hit them on parole? I play the misdirect, drawing their attention and the attention of the powerful Pokemon they are likely packing, while Zigzagoon does what it does best? Once Zigzagoon has what your after, are we to head straight back here or do you have another location in mind?" Xander wanted to make sure that their was no miscommunication between them. Toxtricity was visibly excited, his chest organs trembling as he was eager to fight again. Grookey was less confident, but took solace in knowing Toxtricity would be there for support. Rookidee was busy looking over the map, being sure to take note of alleys they could flee down should things take a turn for the worse.
 
Last edited:
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
1
Missingno. Master - With Skuntank in Dennis' sights, Stewie opts to remain on alert in case he's needed in the fight, despite the massive drops to his defense. Dennis rushes the skunk, scaling the beast before jumping on its head with the power of his Rock Climb. With Dennis now decidedly close to the tank, the beast tilts itself under the Venusaur before he can finish his landing, and proceeds to whip him over his back, the Foul Play using Dennis' own strength against him as he slams into the ground.

As Dennis rights himself, he wraps his foe up in his vines, smashing him against the ground for a moment with his Vine Whip before pulling the massive Skuntank aloft in preparation for his next attack. But with Skuntank getting lower and lower in health, it appears that this is not how the monstrosity chooses to go out, glowing a bright white before a massive Explosion rips up the ground around itself and Dennis, rocketing chunks of ground and withered flowers about, the resulting blast washing over you and the rest of your team as well.

As the dust clears, the Skuntank is nowhere to be found, but Dennis very much is, knocked clean unconscious by the blast. He's not the only Pokemon to take the brunt of it, though, as Stewie, with his heavily lowered defense could not seem to weather the storm either, both Pokemon having been KO'd. Meowth crawls up your back and onto your shoulder, having avoided the brunt of the blow himself by dint of falling off his perch and behind you in the first place.

"Well, that was unexpected." The gardener chimes in from a distance, "Or perhaps not. It was a Skuntank."


TheKnightsFury - Watching as your Pokemon prepare for the mission the man had just given you, your final question gets something of a rise out of him at last, his stoic yet sly facade breaking into a hysterical laugh that turns nearly to a wheeze as a tear forms in his eye, the sudden burst of emotion startling the Zigzagoon a bit and causing the small Pokemon to jump and run about the room. Taking a moment to wipe it away and recollect himself, he does his best to resume his stoicism, "I'm sorry, but you sure are something else, aren't you?"

Gesturing about the room he explains, "This building is about as bare bones as bare bones comes, you see. With but one entrance in the front and an escape route in the back, it means that even if you're chased here there's minimal risk to myself." He continues, pointing towards the back room, "To further matters, my associate specializes in debilitating foes, allowing for a near guaranteed way out of the situation for all involved."

Taking a deep breath inward as he catches himself from another outburst, he finishes his statement, "What, did you think this shambled shack was my main hideout? Of course I want you to come back here!"

At this moment, the Wigglytuff peeks its head out of the back room, making sure that everything is okay, only to slowly back away as it notices the man is simply finally showing his true colors.

Finally calming down properly, he snaps at the table, causing the excited Zigzagoon to jump back up, sitting patiently for further word from its owner. "Look, I don't expect anyone who just wanders into the Playground to understand the workings around here, but asking too many questions is like to do you more harm than good around here." Shooing your Rookidee away from the map, the man rolls up the paper and tucks it away. "So to answer your question, yes, you go do what trainers do best, and if you do your job well and find your way back here in a timely manner we both make off with a profit from this joint venture."
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,895
Reaction score
8
Missingno. Master - With Skuntank in Dennis' sights, Stewie opts to remain on alert in case he's needed in the fight, despite the massive drops to his defense. Dennis rushes the skunk, scaling the beast before jumping on its head with the power of his Rock Climb. With Dennis now decidedly close to the tank, the beast tilts itself under the Venusaur before he can finish his landing, and proceeds to whip him over his back, the Foul Play using Dennis' own strength against him as he slams into the ground.

As Dennis rights himself, he wraps his foe up in his vines, smashing him against the ground for a moment with his Vine Whip before pulling the massive Skuntank aloft in preparation for his next attack. But with Skuntank getting lower and lower in health, it appears that this is not how the monstrosity chooses to go out, glowing a bright white before a massive Explosion rips up the ground around itself and Dennis, rocketing chunks of ground and withered flowers about, the resulting blast washing over you and the rest of your team as well.

As the dust clears, the Skuntank is nowhere to be found, but Dennis very much is, knocked clean unconscious by the blast. He's not the only Pokemon to take the brunt of it, though, as Stewie, with his heavily lowered defense could not seem to weather the storm either, both Pokemon having been KO'd. Meowth crawls up your back and onto your shoulder, having avoided the brunt of the blow himself by dint of falling off his perch and behind you in the first place.

"Well, that was unexpected." The gardener chimes in from a distance, "Or perhaps not. It was a Skuntank."
The fight was getting intense, with Skuntank having executed a Foul Play in response to the Rock Climb. And then, as Dennis was preparing for what Keith was hoping to be a finishing move, Skuntank decided to finish the fight on its own terms.

By using Explosion.

"GAH!" Keith exclaimed, standing strong against the sudden blast that sent chunks of dirt and withered flowers flying in every direction. Meowth fell off of Keith's shoulder and was taking shelter behind his Trainer, but Dennis and Stewie were caught in the blast. And as things settled down, Keith could see that his Venusaur and Ledian were both KO'd. "Oh, geez," he groaned, holding out the Poké Ball and Luxury Ball. "Dennis, Stewie, return," he said, withdrawing them both.

"Wh... where'd dat giant Skuntank even go?" Meowth asked, looking around.

"Now that's a good question," Keith stated, likewise looking around. "It's gotta be a little too knocked out to Dig its way out of here, and I wouldn't imagine it could hide itself all that effectively. I was kinda thinking about catching it, too," he added.

Meowth looked up at Keith. "Youse already has a Skuntank," he said flatly. "And one dat ain't nearly dis violent, neitha."

"Yeah, you're right," Keith conceded. He then, however, heard the gardener's words about this being unexpected. Or not, considering it was a Skuntank. Keith rolled his eyes- it wasn't as though exploding was some whole thing with the Skuntank species. Yeah, they could learn the move, but even so! Keith's own Skuntank knew Explosion, but Bellatrix hadn't ever actually used the move in all her years of knowing it. Still, though, this wasn't the time to dwell on it., and he made his way back over to the gardener. "I definitely wasn't expecting that," he stated. "But the Skuntank seems to be completely gone following that, so I'm hoping that means that it and the Stunky can stop screwing this place up now." He sighed, glancing at the Poké Ball in his hand. "Is there anywhere around here I can heal my Pokémon he asked. "My plan was to have my Venusaur use Grassy Terrain after dealing with the Stunky and Skuntank, try and see if that can get the meadow back in shape, but he kinda needs to be conscious to do that," he chuckled weakly.

Hm. Wait a minute, Meowth thought to himself as Keith was talking to the gardener. Dis guy weren't exactly followin' us. How'd he know we was up against a Skuntank? Does he know more den he's lettin' on or someting? He elected to say nothing for the moment, instead waiting to see how things played out. At least for now, anyway.
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
520
Reaction score
1
Missingno. Master - Rolling your eyes at the man, you point out that you weren't expecting things to go quite they way they did, and that more importantly the entire group of skunks seem to have disappeared entirely, a notion that causes the man to raise a hand to shield his brow from the sun and look around before shrugging at the missing Pokemon.

The request to heal your Pokemon gets a bit of an odd response, "Well, some would say this whole Meadow is a place of healing!" the gardener jokingly shouts, before letting loose a laugh only able to be provided by someone thinking their joke was far better than it actually was. "But no, the nearest point of healing is some ways away, I'm afraid."

Looking quizzically at your Meowth as the Pokemon sat in thought, he finally responds to your notion of wanting to bring back the flowers. "Oh, not to worry! I've got just the thing." Plucking and tossing a Pokeball from his pack, the man reveals that he is the proud owner of a beautiful mushroom, one attached to a large insect at that. The Parasect looks around for a moment before noticing the state of the area, immediately creating a Grassy Terrain of its own before setting to work fixing the field with a Rototiller.

"I wouldn't be much of a gardener if I didn't have to tools to deal with some wilted flowers when there's no longer any threat around, now would I?" The man jokes once more, sitting along the side of one of the patches of the wilted Meadow and calmly watching his Pokemon work. Patting the ground carefully next to him, he signals to you and Meowth, "Come, sit a moment. Unless you have some other plan to find your mage friend?"
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,895
Reaction score
8
Missingno. Master - Rolling your eyes at the man, you point out that you weren't expecting things to go quite they way they did, and that more importantly the entire group of skunks seem to have disappeared entirely, a notion that causes the man to raise a hand to shield his brow from the sun and look around before shrugging at the missing Pokemon.

The request to heal your Pokemon gets a bit of an odd response, "Well, some would say this whole Meadow is a place of healing!" the gardener jokingly shouts, before letting loose a laugh only able to be provided by someone thinking their joke was far better than it actually was. "But no, the nearest point of healing is some ways away, I'm afraid."

Looking quizzically at your Meowth as the Pokemon sat in thought, he finally responds to your notion of wanting to bring back the flowers. "Oh, not to worry! I've got just the thing." Plucking and tossing a Pokeball from his pack, the man reveals that he is the proud owner of a beautiful mushroom, one attached to a large insect at that. The Parasect looks around for a moment before noticing the state of the area, immediately creating a Grassy Terrain of its own before setting to work fixing the field with a Rototiller.

"I wouldn't be much of a gardener if I didn't have to tools to deal with some wilted flowers when there's no longer any threat around, now would I?" The man jokes once more, sitting along the side of one of the patches of the wilted Meadow and calmly watching his Pokemon work. Patting the ground carefully next to him, he signals to you and Meowth, "Come, sit a moment. Unless you have some other plan to find your mage friend?"
After the gardener's joke fell flat, he explained that they were a considerable distance away from the nearest point of healing. Keith sighed at this, and reattached Dennis's Poké Ball to his belt. Dennis would be fine, though, he knew, which served to reassure him somewhat. And the gardener helped things along by sending out a Parasect who immediately set to work tending to the meadow, with Grassy Terrain and Rototiller. Keith gave a chuckle, shrugging in response to the man's statement- true enough, one should expect a gardener to be able to tend to plants. At the man's request to sit, however, Keith looked a little restless, almost as though unwilling to stay put.

And Meowth noticed this. "Sit," he said to Keith firmly. He's got a point- we ain't got nuttin' ta go on fer findin' dis mage otha than dis meadow, and yer no use ta Yohan if ya wipe yerself out fer no good reason."

Keith sighed deeply- Meowth was right and they both knew it. "You're right," he relented, sitting down beside the gardener, watching Parasect at work. "I sure hope this works," he murmured. "We need the mage's help to save this young boy from a Dusknoir." He turned to the gardener. "I don't think I got your name, by the way," he added. "I'm Keith, Keith Masters. And this is my partner, Meowth."

"Pleased ta meetcha," Meowth chimed in. He still felt like the gardener might know more than he was letting on, so he was listening carefully to whatever the man might say, see if there were any clues to be detected in how he spoke or what he said.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
265
Reaction score
4
TheKnightsFury - Watching as your Pokemon prepare for the mission the man had just given you, your final question gets something of a rise out of him at last, his stoic yet sly facade breaking into a hysterical laugh that turns nearly to a wheeze as a tear forms in his eye, the sudden burst of emotion startling the Zigzagoon a bit and causing the small Pokemon to jump and run about the room. Taking a moment to wipe it away and recollect himself, he does his best to resume his stoicism, "I'm sorry, but you sure are something else, aren't you?"

Gesturing about the room he explains, "This building is about as bare bones as bare bones comes, you see. With but one entrance in the front and an escape route in the back, it means that even if you're chased here there's minimal risk to myself." He continues, pointing towards the back room, "To further matters, my associate specializes in debilitating foes, allowing for a near guaranteed way out of the situation for all involved."

Taking a deep breath inward as he catches himself from another outburst, he finishes his statement, "What, did you think this shambled shack was my main hideout? Of course I want you to come back here!"

At this moment, the Wigglytuff peeks its head out of the back room, making sure that everything is okay, only to slowly back away as it notices the man is simply finally showing his true colors.

Finally calming down properly, he snaps at the table, causing the excited Zigzagoon to jump back up, sitting patiently for further word from its owner. "Look, I don't expect anyone who just wanders into the Playground to understand the workings around here, but asking too many questions is like to do you more harm than good around here." Shooing your Rookidee away from the map, the man rolls up the paper and tucks it away. "So to answer your question, yes, you go do what trainers do best, and if you do your job well and find your way back here in a timely manner we both make off with a profit from this joint venture."

What the fuck was that? Xander was shocked by the man's emotionally charged outburst, although he did his best to hide his shock. He was about sick of details at this point anyway, it was time to get down to business. Rookidee was shooed away from the map, the young bird fluttered around to land on Xander's shoulder. "We'll be back shortly", Xander left it short and sweet, turning he made his way out of the building, looking back for a moment to make sure that Zigzagoon was following him. As they made there way out of the shop, Xander looked up and down the street, just to get his bearings. "I think its this way, right Rookidee?" The bird gave a reassuring chirp, if Xander wasn't sure on the direction, he'd be relying on the Flying type. "Alright gang, keep tight. Grookey, on my backpack, make sure no one gets close to it, give them a good whack with your stick should they feel like getting too close." They were heading into an area full of thieves and pickpockets, just because they were planning a heist of their own, didn't mean they couldn't fall victim themselves." Toxtricity stick close to my side, Rookidee circle overhead, alert us as soon as you lay eyes on some guards. Let's get a move on, no point in wasting more time.

Xander started down the path, his Pokemon falling into formation. He tried not to think too far ahead. He needed to deal with what was in front of him and deal with his fears of a double cross later.
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
142
Reaction score
1
Meetan- Sugar Pie was knocked up?! Whoever Sugar Pie was, she was worried that news of her pregnancy would put her and her unborn child at risk. You begin to question Bambi and the Hatenna, working on a hunch that either Sugar Pie or Hunny Buns could be somehow connected to the troupe. Unfortunately, both Bambi and Hatenna seem oblivious to your questions. Thinking further, you begin to suspect that Sugar Pie could in fact be Sera. She had been feeling unwell, morning sickness? If she was pregnant, it would certainly make it hard for her to perform, maybe she was scared of backlash from the ring master? How could you confront her about this though? If it was her, how would she respond? What if it wasn't her and she took offence to you thinking that she was some knocked up hussy? It was certainly a tricky position......

You head back to were the troupe had made camp. Blaze rushes over as you emerge from the trees, chest heaving. Seems like Sera's Lopunny has given him a good work out. You make your way over to Sera's caravan to find the performer has emerged from her nap. She had a bit more colour in her face now, it seems she is feeling a bit better. "I hope my Pokemon weren't too much of a handful", Sera chuckles, "oh I see you managed to bond with Hatenna, that's great!"

What? Bonded with Hatenna? What was she talking about? Looking down at your leg, you notice the young Psychic type has attached itself to you. Seems you had indeed bonded with it!
"Hey, mister man! You look like one tired birdie." Alice greeted. The one that had run up to her was not actually a man but instead a giant, martial chicken, but still. She beamed, reaching out to give her worn out Combusken a hug, one hand lovingly running through his yellow feathers as she continued past him. She had a lot on her mind now that they had returned to camp, blue eyes swimming over each carriage and any visible occupants in turn. Were any of them Sugar Pie or their lover? What if they were another outsider like herself, would there be any way of knowing? She definitely wanted to question Sera, but she didn't want to come off as a threat to her or anyone else. Really, this wasn't any of her business, but Alice had always loved sticking her nose in where it didn't belong and trying to help people. Now was no exception.

"I did? Oh, yeah. I didn't have to chase her far, either. How about that?" Alice joked, peering down at the creature at her leg. She had a smile on her face. Sure, the trainer never intended to have any children but she was still very good with them when she wasn't swearing like a sailor. Anyway, who needed a human baby when they had too many Pokemon to count? She'd forget if her Pokedex didn't have the obscene number logged. She glanced at Mimi, wondering if the shiny was paying attention. She wasn't as skilled as Axel and their bond was certainly different, but she hoped the Pokemon would pry into her mind some: Use your powers, see if you can figure out who Hunny Bun or their Sugar Pie is. Or you, Hatenna-- if you're listening. Alice added. She returned her attention to the performer, "You seem a lot better than you were. Did you want to do anything? The walks around here are nice, or we could chill out and gossip. I have more Pokemon you could play with, too, if you wanted. I got a new Trapinch recently. Super cute baby. And my Pineco's very sleepy but very friendly. He's almost nine years old so he's pretty big!"

They probably didn't have much longer of their break left, but bonding with Sera and getting to know the others during their short time together was critical for solving this mystery.
 
The Confused Girl
Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Kadota - (You didn't specify a sub-location [you're supposed to quote the location that you choose to RP in], so I'm going to place you in Fortune's Woods, which sounds the most like the place you described.)

Looking for adventure, you and your Galarian Ponyta saunter along a path in the woods, when you stop, checking your map. You're lost! You take in the forest around you. What a big place! The trees shimmer with sparkly energy, and a mist blows through the area. But you look on, confused. What is this place? Probably would have been a good idea to do some research before rushing into adventure...

The trees tower over your head, and you look around, deciding not to stay put. You're glad your partner is a pretty Unique Horn Pokémon instead of a scary Granbull like your dad's. You continue to wander along, looking for a way to go.

After a while, Lily spots a beaten path! You look on in delight and follow her onto the path. You and your Galarian Ponyta start walking along it, thinking about who you'll meet on this trip. A helpful group of people? A rowdy pack of Pokémon? At the mention of a playful Eevee in your speculation, Lily gives a small grunt, causing you to giggle and encourage her to go on.

Suddenly, the bushes around you rustle. A small, human-like figure with a leaf on its head dashes out and looks both ways, as if it were a person about to cross a street. It's a
Nuzleaf! It spots you and your Ponyta, and eyes Lily warily, before gaining a golden glow in its eyes. A multicolored beam of Extrasensory origins shoots out from the Nuzleaf's long, pointy nose, and explodes in the dirt at your feet! Startled, Lily jumps back, nearly bumping into you, and you stumble briefly. The tuft of mane on her left foot is glowing with a faint golden light, but the light disappears quickly. Before you know it, however, the Pokémon speeds away, leaving as fast as it came.

What now? Do you follow the mysterious Nuzleaf who pulled a hit-and-run on you? Or do you go another way? In short, what do you do?


(Also, you're supposed to choose either TM Return or TM Frustration. You can't have both! ;))
Danika squeaked in surprise, eyes wide. She gently patted Lily's muzzle, making shushing noises to calm her. "What was all that about...?" She questioned out loud. Was it trying to attack them or something else? In the end, curiosity ruled out fear, and she carefully began to walk forward.

"Little Nuzleaf, where'd you go...?" She muttered under her breath. "I promise I won't hurt you. Maybe even give you a snack?"

She looked over at Lily. "Maybe they'll be a friend. Wouldn't that be nice? Ooh, and after that we can... something. But we're not gonna just sit here, that's for sure. So let's do this!"

Feeling a bit more confident as she talked to herself and Lily, she pushed further into the forest while beginning to hum. It was a simple tune, but she was hoping the Nuzleaf would like it and come out. "La la la... little Nuzleaf, be our friend, doesn't that sound nice?"
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
265
Reaction score
4

Meetan- You found yourself in a precarious position. With a mystery to solve, you really wanted to straight up ask Sera if she was preggers, but also didn't want to destroy the friendship you'd developed. If you could just get a bit more evidence, or even a bit more trust, maybe Sera would tell you? You had a Psychic Pokemon on hand as well, perhaps Mimi could get a read on Sera or some of the others? She wasn't exactly as skilled as Axel when it came to telepathy, but surely she'd give it a good crack.

Sera reaches in to pick up Hatenna, but the Galarian Pokemon pulls away. Hatenna was meant to be good at picking up on emotions, perhaps her behaviour could be used as an indicator as well? "Oh you're really attached aren't you", Sera points out before straightening back up. "I'm feeling much better, I think it must just be a bit of indigestion, that's Pokemon Centre food for you!" Sera laughs somewhat forcefully. "How was your walk in the Lover's Grove? Didn't bump into anyone by any chance? A new lover perhaps?" Sera recalls her Lopunny into its ball and before turning to do up Bambi's harness. "We'll probably get going again s...."

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaajah!!!!!!
An ear bursting cry rings out from the far side of the camp. Shouts soon follow and a cart tumbles as a massive Copperajah barrels over it. Thankfully it doesn't seem too damaged and the Pokemon used to pull it weren't strapped in, but Copperajah was on a rampage and the cart wasn't going to be the last thing it took out. Herakles leaps out from behind the downed cart, "Raji calm down girl, what's wrong with you!" Things were likely going to get worse before they get better, perhaps you could help calm the raging Steel type?
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Beginning my first Adventure with just my Starter Pokemon.
Annahime

Species: Vulpix
Gender: Female
Starter
Level: 5
Bond: 0

Type: Fire
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Rash

Moves
Ember (-), Tail Whip (4)
Egg Move: Energy Ball
Pokeball: Standard
Held Item: None
Boutique Modifications: None (yet)

This particularly prissy and spoiled Vulpix was the best one available when Curtis went to pick up a starter from his cousin's place. After all, nothing but the best for a member of the family! Nevermind that this particular Vulpix was being mean to the others, bossing them around, starting to grow lazy, and kept breaking into where the Pokemon treats were stored. The part about this 'mon being the best of the bunch is no lie however, Annahime does have a lot of potential in her... it's just going to take a lot of work (particularly working off all those treats she gobbled up) to bring it out.

Interestingly enough Annahime is the result of a long line of purebred breeding within the Vulpix/Ninetails line going back at least 5 generations. For some childish reason, Annahime takes too much pride in this fact and thinks she's innately better than other Pokemon.

And this is my current inventory
Key Items
x1 Backpack
x1 Pokedex
x1 Mega Ring
x1 Z-Ring
x1 Dynamax Band
x1 Fishing Rod
x1 Berry Bag
x1 Pokeblock Case

Pokeballs
x5 Pokeballs

Items
x5 Rare Candies

TMs/TRs
x1 TM Return

Wallet
$3000 Pokedollars

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.
Two Fools Beginning a Journey

It was early in the morning, a bit too early for most people to be out and about- but a certain new and eccentric trainer to Fizzytopia just couldn't wait to get on with his day!

Curtis Renard skipped down the "Fool's Path", fully taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of his surroundings. The tails of the Ninetails-styled fursuit he was wearing happily bobbed behind him and the hood of it was also bouncing against his back, making for an interesting sight.

"Where to go, where to go?" he mused aloud to himself. He then looked behind himself and yelled, "Hey com'on, catch up!"

Trailing behind that was the trainer's sole Pokemon, a rather grumpy looking Vulpix that was plodding along after him. Perhaps a 'bit' pudgy, it just tiredly glared at him before sitting down on the trail.

As Annahime the Vulpix sit there panting, she wondered what she had done to deserve being saddled with this... this idiot. Sure, maybe she hadn't gotten out of the way fast enough when he was looking for a partner or maybe had been a bit too eager when the treats were pulled out? Well, she was the strongest of her siblings, so it was only right that she get picked!

But... but... whatever the case was, she was now stuck with this 'Trainer'. Some child who was dressed up in imitation of her parents looked like- like what she would look like when she evolved one day. Well, it did raise her ego a bit that the idiot clearly thought so highly of her line- why... why did he have to be such a morning person? Where did that human's boundless energy come from?!

Curtis looked on as his Vulpix just sat there, panted, and stared off into space. Oh... maybe it looked like a break was in order. "Well, what can do you?" he muttered to himself. He walked over to his starter Pokemon and physically hoisted her over his shoulder. There was a low protesting grumble from the 'mon as she was picked up, but that was about it. Usually, she complained more about being picked up than this. She must've been more exhausted than he thought!

He carried her along the path, looking for a good place to rest...
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,398
Reaction score
3
Faiyaa- You follow Marina through the portal and out of the temple. As soon as you exit the temple, Marina turns and waves before swimming off to the left, leaving you to head in the opposite direction. You begin to weave your way through the reef, keeping your eyes peeled for both traps and the hallucinogenic seaweed. Your progress is slow to say the least. You find a handful of small snare traps, which you promptly dismantle without too much effort. There was no sign of the seaweed though. There was an odd absence of Pokemon around the reef, they were either staying well hidden or they'd moved on in fear of traps.

As you continue your search, you spot something thrashing about up ahead. As you close in, you find a much larger trap than the ones you'd already dismantled. The giant cage shook violently, the scarred, white Sharpedo inside was doing its best to free itself. While some of the bars were bending, there was no telling how long it would take for the shark to free itself. You look over the trap, trying to work out its mechanics. It seemed to be anchored into the seafloor by a heavy chain. The cage itself seemed to be made of two parts. The Sharpedo must have been drawn in by some sort of bait, then the cage clamped closed around it. If you could break through the hinge, the Sharpedo would be released, but was that the best thing to do right now? It had worked up quite a frenzy, if you released it like this, there was no telling how it would react.....
Once back outside of the temple, Gary and Marina parted ways as they split up in order to pursue their objectives. Gary swam around the surrounding reef, but progress was very slow to say the least. He dismantled a few traps that he found along the way as a ball of frustration and anger welled up inside of him. He noticed how barren the environment was, and these selfish humans littering and excavating haphazardly were the cause. It devastated Gary to see how devoid of life such a vibrant ecosystem had become, and he resolved that he would not leave the area until the culprits had been both apprehended and eradicated from the area.

Soon enough, Gary came across a rather large metal cage that was shaking violently. Inside it was a large white Sharpedo who thrashed about as it attempted to free itself in vain. Gary had to suppress his desire to observe such a unique specimen as he approached it cautiously. He respected that the creature was a potentially dangerous and very powerful predator that he should not be so close to when it was in such a frenzy, but he had to act anyway. If a shark like this was unable to continuously pass water through its gills, it would suffocate and drown. Keeping it confined to this cage was not an option if it was to continue living. It was a huge risk to unleash such an angry predator, but Gary would just have to bank on the fact that he knew all sea creatures prefer being freed of confinement and passage through the open seas rather than to aggressively pursue something that wasn’t a meal. “I’ll get you out of here,” he called out to the Sharpedo, “Just, please don’t eat me!”

After steeling up his own courage, Gary examined the metal cage. Some of the bars had been worn down by the Sharpedo’s thrashing, and a good whack from a hammer or an axe could pry them loose. Gary had something even better. Pulling out a Pokeball and tossing it, a ghostly kelp covered anchor appeared before Gary. The Dhelmise had been discovered in the wreckage of an ancient sunken ship, and Gary had little time getting to know the haunted anchor, but he named it Vanderdecken after the captain of the legendary haunted ship known as the Flying Dutchman. The Dhelmise was pretty inexperienced in combat, but Gary thought of a way to make use of its other capabilities. “Alright Vander, let’s break this cage open! Wedge the hook of your anchor between those worn down bars and then rip them loose with a Rapid Spin! Hopefully that does the trick!” The Dhelmise didn’t make any noise as it hovered over to the cage. Gary looked up at the Sharpedo. “Get back for a minute. When you’re out of here, please try to remember who set you free! I’ll see to it personally that whoever trapped you here will pay!” All he could hope for now was that his feelings reached the shark.
 
Top