The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks

Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
304
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury - Deciding that even though Toxtricity has a clear type advantage, as well as a species advantage against these two sound based foes, it's in your best interest not to fight on two fronts, you release your Dreepy onto the field, the small Dragon happily attaching itself to Toxtricity as per your order. As you issue commands to your Pokemon, your foes take up a similar position, Wigglytuff running out in front of the building to face you as Chatot swoops down and lands on the balloon Pokemon's head.

Oddly, Kojo doesn't even speak a word to his team, not that it seems to matter to them at all, as the Chatot begins to Role Play, emulating the Punk Rock abilities of your Toxtricity. Realizing the fight is on, Dreepy promptly executes your plan, giving Toxtricity a Helping Hand a happy applause cheering up the rocker and boosting the power of his Overdrive as he strums at his stomach organs for a moment. The resulting sound is clearly devastating to the opposing force, even with the newfound ability Chatot has picked up. Scowling, the Wigglytuff traces a couple lines through the air, before a shimmering pane of Light Screen takes form in front of the duo.

The trouble doesn't end there, as the Chatot puts its new ability to good use, a quick Chatter directed at Dreepy doing a solid bit of damage to the Dragon as well as leaving it confused. Confused just enough that he can't immediately recall what it was he was supposed to be doing. Taking aim at the Wigglytuff, Toxtricity unleashes a torrent of Acid Spray, the waters hampered a bit by the Light Screen but still striking a solid blow and lowering the balloon's Special Defense. The drop is clearly not appreciated, as Wigglytuff's Competitive nature kicks in, massively boosting its Special Attack. The balloon huffs for a moment, before inflating itself as it proceeds to Stockpile energy, raising its Defense and Special Defense a bit in the process.

Opting to add insult to injury, the Chatot begins an intricate Feather Dance, bits of down floating across the yard to surround Toxtricity, greatly lowering his Attack. This doesn't seem to bother him too much for the moment, though, as he lobs a Toxic glob at the Wigglytuff, causing an angry stare back as it becomes poisoned. The sudden use of status seems to help Dreepy remember what to do for the moment, and the small dragon looses a Thunder Wave, proceeding to paralyze the Chatot handily. Wigglytuff is having absolutely none of it, though, and makes a small, chiming sound, the resulting Heal Bell relieving both foes of their status.

What's worse, the chime seems to have had an additional unexpected effect, the Zigzagoon in your arms now freed of its paralysis, wiggling about happily to express this. At least the net from the Electro Web is preventing it from moving around too much.
It was looking like this would be quite the competitive battle, especially considering Xander had forgotten about Wigglytuff's Competitive ability...... Dreepy had been confused by the Chatot's signature Chatter, made all the more powerful by the thieving bird copying Toxtricity's Punk Rock ability! Even the status he'd inflicted had proved useless, Wigglytuff clearing it in an instant. Anger by the action, Toxtricity immediately began to Taunt the puff ball. All in all, Kojo was actually proving to be a worthy adversary, an adept trainer. That said, why was he working for Ralph? The crook was going down, whether he liked it or not. Kojo didn't have to go down with him, as far as Xander knew, the authorities only wanted the big fish, not this small fry. "Dude why are you still helping Ralph?" Xander questioned, "the bloke is going down, they've probably already got him. Why don't you make a break for it? I'm not going to stop you. Go on the road, enjoy the free life of a Pokemon Trainer instead of turning into some two-bit thug like Ralph. Just think about it man, would Ralph be doing what you're doing now if the roles were reversed?"

Xander wasn't sure whether he'd get through to Kojo, but he couldn't feel like the boy had his exeggcute in the wrong basket. "Toxtricity, Charge up, if they come at us, lance Chatot with Thunderbolt. Dreepy can you here me? Just try and focus and snap out of it, spread out a Double Team, if you can little fella."
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
124
Reaction score
3

Zain-

The woman reaches towards your hand and uses your weight to pull herself up. She lost her balance at first, stumbling a little and causing a little bit of blood to drip from her flowing robes. Once she was up and standing, she was clearly a head taller than you were. Her skin was a nice mocha tone, with ebony colored lips and an overall freckled visage. She wore an orange cap with naturally curly hair tucked underneath.

"Oh thank you again. Please, I worry dearly that everyone... Everyone will perish before we're able to make it back. My mother has given me the name Amara, after the constellation hanging over head when I was born. Kind sir, may I get your name as well?" she asked, still looking a bit bewildered by what she had seen. You comply, sensing that it was a common courtesy among her people.

"Now... we should be going..." she looked up skywards. You could see her wince as she looked up, and a sharp twitch coming from her abdomen. The wound was a deep cut, one that looked like it came from a bladed weapon. "Towards Polaris."

She then pointed north. A brilliant, shining star lit up the sky like a shining beacon. The northern star has been used since ancient times to guide those who were lost. It was key in many civilizations, especially for nomadic and seafaring cultures.

"The monsters headed there... Towards the site of a new meteor that fell just a fortnight past. My tribe, we are called the Starseers. We help guide travelers across the desert. There should be an Archaeological dig site on the way there... We could use the help..." she stated, clutching her with her right hand. The wound was starting to clot, but it was obvious she desperately needed medical attention. Lucifer walked forwards before looking back at you. Danger was ahead.

What do you do?
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
3
Zain-

The woman reaches towards your hand and uses your weight to pull herself up. She lost her balance at first, stumbling a little and causing a little bit of blood to drip from her flowing robes. Once she was up and standing, she was clearly a head taller than you were. Her skin was a nice mocha tone, with ebony colored lips and an overall freckled visage. She wore an orange cap with naturally curly hair tucked underneath.

"Oh thank you again. Please, I worry dearly that everyone... Everyone will perish before we're able to make it back. My mother has given me the name Amara, after the constellation hanging over head when I was born. Kind sir, may I get your name as well?" she asked, still looking a bit bewildered by what she had seen. You comply, sensing that it was a common courtesy among her people.

"Now... we should be going..." she looked up skywards. You could see her wince as she looked up, and a sharp twitch coming from her abdomen. The wound was a deep cut, one that looked like it came from a bladed weapon. "Towards Polaris."

She then pointed north. A brilliant, shining star lit up the sky like a shining beacon. The northern star has been used since ancient times to guide those who were lost. It was key in many civilizations, especially for nomadic and seafaring cultures.

"The monsters headed there... Towards the site of a new meteor that fell just a fortnight past. My tribe, we are called the Starseers. We help guide travelers across the desert. There should be an Archaeological dig site on the way there... We could use the help..." she stated, clutching her with her right hand. The wound was starting to clot, but it was obvious she desperately needed medical attention. Lucifer walked forwards before looking back at you. Danger was ahead.

What do you do?
Zain pulled the woman up, digesting her seemingly bizarre statements...yet, she certainly didn't seem to be lying and he was aware all sorts dwelled in these fruitful, raw lands. As he drifted off into his own speculations and looked on at the northern star, Lucifer gave him a glare to keep him grounded. He didn't seem to be warning danger, but nor did he state that the sky was blue or grass green. He didn't need to, that was a given.

He turned back to the woman. "My name is Zain...and I'm not certain the title "sir" is befitting..." He said, then inspecting her wounds. "So,,,someone or something saw fit to attack your tribe? And if so...how is said meteor involved? These wounds look deep..." He states, pulling a small roll of bandages out of his belt and a little disinfectant. "This is all I've got...but it'll hold until we can get you something better, I hope..."

After administering basic first aid Zain gestures towards the dusty expanse and brilliant star hanging in the northern heavens. "If it is truly as you say...we must make haste. After you."
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
124
Reaction score
3
Zain-

Amara grabs the small handful of bandages you give her, and looks at the wound. It wouldn't be enough to keep the wound together, but the gesture was certainly enough. She did place a few on her wound in spots that would help with the bleeding, but it was an obvious half-hazard attempt. When you tell her to go ahead, she gives you a confused looked as she starts to lead the way.

You head out for a few miles before you get to a rocky outcropping, where Amara stops. Below is a sort of ravine with various colored gems littering the walls. At this time of night, they all shown like the stars above, creating an optical illusion of space being deep within the ground.

"We need to find a different route..." she mutters before clutching her abdomen. A small amount of blood escapes the wound and ends up falling into the ravine. When that happens, she lets out a small gasp and tries to clean up the blood that spilled to the floor.

Looking around, you notice a bridge leading to the other side. Looking across the ravine, it seemed to be stretching for miles. There didn't seem to be an "alternate" route so to speak. Lucifer though, seemed to be on edge. For what exact reason you couldn't tell, but there was certainly an off feeling about this place.

Amara gets up and looks towards the bridge. There was fear in her eyes, and she was looking at you with a sense of urgency.

"We need to hurry and get out of here now. If not... Then we might not be able to leave this place," she said, limping her way over to the bridge as fast she could.

You then feel a rumbling sensation under your feet. It felt as if something was digging through the ground and heading straight towards you. You rush towards the bridge, trying to get away from it. But it only got louder, and louder, and louder. It felt as if the earth was going to break away and you were going to fall into the ravine. You then ear a loud boom as a dark figure pops in front of Amara. At this point she was in front of the bridge.

You could see what it was, a Gabite. It was breathing heavily towards her, seemingly attracted by the scent of blood. It was poised, ready to attack her and drag her under.

What do you do?
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
550
Reaction score
6
Missingno. Master - Deciding that this isn't Meowth's fight to fight, the cat is recalled, only to reappear on your shoulder, having shaken his confusion from being in his ball for a moment. Opting to take on this titan with not one, but two Pokemon, Anion and the Minun and Aster the Toxapex take Meowth's place, with a little convincing required for the former due to the size of their massive foe.

Opting to go for a defensive strategy for the moment, a Baneful Bunker sees Aster hunkered down to defend from an incoming blow, while a surge of electricity allows Anion to begin floating in the air thanks to Magnet Rise to hopefully avoid most of the Golurk's terrible typespam against the small Minun. Golurk, slowed by its previous technique, whirs into action, a sudden charge of High Horsepower sending it sailing towards the Toxapex, only to smash itself into the bunker, the pins of the shield stabbing into the mechanical titan, poisoning it.

Anion is quick to get to punishing the Golurk, zipping through the air and striking with a burst of Acrobatics, aided with extra nimbleness due to the lack of held item, while Aster sprays a Liquidation stream at the monster, the Merciless Toxapex dealing a critical blow against the titan thanks to its poisoned state. The Golurk's core whirs with energy, before raising its arms into the air to disperse a pulse of Gravity through the room, the sudden surge forcing Anion back to the ground for now.

Looking to deal a hefty blow to the creature preventing you from progressing through the cave, the hearty applause of a Helping Hand from Anion giving a boost of enthusiasm to Asher as the Toxapex's sadistic Hex forms, shredding into the golem before you thanks to the poison running through the clay creature. While the hits its taken are clearly showing a bit of wear, it's obvious that the Golurk is far from defeat at this point, and an incredibly destructive Magnitude shakes the room to prove the titan's horrible might, a quaking that neither Asher nor Anion is at all appreciative of.


ChrisClark13 - Your introduction interrupted by this interloper, you opt to put yourself between him and the cart so that he can't easily hassle your new friend in regards to any expensive merchandise he may or may not have. Puffing out your chest and calling him out for his behaviour, Annahime even getting passed her usual laziness to put on as intimidating an appearance as possible to attempt to back you up.

Staring at you with an eyebrow raised, the ruffian of a man sizes you up for a moment. "What, a man in a costume and an overweight fox are going to stop me from getting a good price from this here merchant, are you?" Smirking, he pulls a pure white Premier Ball from his vest, clicking the release mechanism on the ball to present a multicolored sludge of a Pokemon, more green and yellow than the standard variant of Grimer most people are used to.

The old merchant attempts to dissuade the ruffian, his soft, calm voice speaking out "Now, now, there's no need for-"

"Shove it, old timer." The man quickly interjects. "If your friend here wants to puff out his chest at me he better be able to back it up. I don't take kindly to that kind of insult."

"Oh dear, um..." Backing his cart away for a moment, the old man looks at his flowers, worried once more. "Well in that case, I don't suppose you'd be willing to send this punk on his way so that we can get on ours?"


TheKnightsFury - Upset by the actions of the fight so far, Toxtricity proceeds to Taunt the Wigglytuff, an effective action that should help prevent further stalling for a time. After the balloon is enraged, it stares at Kojo expectantly as you attempt to plead with the boy, insisting that Ralph is going down and that the boy need not suffer the same fate if he only would stop defending the man, granting plenty of time for Toxtricity to Charge up in the event of a refusal.

Nodding his head towards the back alley, where sounds of combat continue loudly even now, the boy shrugs off your pleas, "Oh, come now. The officers around here are less than incompetent. After all, how would the boss have come to be in such a good position around here if he was so easy to catch in the first place?" A whizzing bolt of electricity shoots down the alleyway and into the street nearby, startling what few merchants remained after your battle with Kojo had started, and serving to interrupt the boy. "Now, I'm not saying I won't likely be locked up here. But it comes with the territory, and the boss isn't one to see his men put away for long. I'll be out before the next moon." His uncaring expression shifts for a moment, "But you, on the other hand. Well, let's just say the boss doesn't appreciate turncoats."

On cue and once more without orders, the boy's Pokemon act swiftly, Wigglytuff unleashing a blast of Psychic energy that kicks up a massive amount of dust as it rips through the street and strikes at Toxtricity, all the while the Chatot beginning to glow brightly. Retaliating as ordered, Toxtricity strikes true with a Thunderbolt on the bird, the extra surge from the Charge providing enough of a boost to make the dampening Light Screen not mean much. Unfortunately, Dreepy, attempting to concentrate on your words, still doesn't seem overly capable of doing much at the moment.

Inflating for a moment, the Wigglytuff exhales a massive Blizzard, the cold wind, ice, and snow showering the street and causing the previously startled merchants to go into full blown panic, running down whatever exits they can find to get away from the ongoing scrap. The blow to your team is increasingly problematic, neither one liking the sheer freezing cold of the wind by any degree. To make matters worse, Chatot stops glowing and takes flight, a bright energy erupting around the bird like flames as it charges into Dreepy with a powerful Sky Attack before looping back around to its perch atop the balloon.

The sudden damage reminds the small dragon of the predicament you are in, clearing himself of confusion and proceeding to shift in place to create after images with Double Team, helping to hopefully avoid further damage, unclinging from Toxtricity's head and floating about the street to help prevent knowledge of his true location. The ploy works out pretty well, as a Shadow Ball from the Wigglytuff whizzes through one of the images, exploding into a wall just down the street. Things aren't looking to great for this fight with Toxtricity a bit knackered by the heavy blows and Dreepy even worse off than its ally, and the issue only becomes more problematic as the Chatot folds its wings in atop Wigglytuff's head, proceeding to Roost and recover from the hefty blows.
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
ChrisClark13 - Your introduction interrupted by this interloper, you opt to put yourself between him and the cart so that he can't easily hassle your new friend in regards to any expensive merchandise he may or may not have. Puffing out your chest and calling him out for his behaviour, Annahime even getting passed her usual laziness to put on as intimidating an appearance as possible to attempt to back you up.

Staring at you with an eyebrow raised, the ruffian of a man sizes you up for a moment. "What, a man in a costume and an overweight fox are going to stop me from getting a good price from this here merchant, are you?" Smirking, he pulls a pure white Premier Ball from his vest, clicking the release mechanism on the ball to present a multicolored sludge of a Pokemon, more green and yellow than the standard variant of Grimer most people are used to.

The old merchant attempts to dissuade the ruffian, his soft, calm voice speaking out "Now, now, there's no need for-"

"Shove it, old timer." The man quickly interjects. "If your friend here wants to puff out his chest at me he better be able to back it up. I don't take kindly to that kind of insult."

"Oh dear, um..." Backing his cart away for a moment, the old man looks at his flowers, worried once more. "Well in that case, I don't suppose you'd be willing to send this punk on his way so that we can get on ours?"

Curtis did his best to hide his excitement, a Pokemon Battle- an actual to goodness Pokemon Battle that wasn't against another member of his family! Oh! Oooh! It's on! A spark lights up in his eyes as stomps the ground as he points forcefully at the interloper. The teen-dressed-as-a-fox holds his pose as he shouts, "If it's a battle you want, then you're in for it! Annahime use-" he gets interrupted by his Vulpix jumping off of his shoulder forcefully, "-oof!"

Ignoring the momentarily ungrateful landing (Ananhime totally did not just crash into the ground once she jumped off Curtis's shoulder)- angry flames started to form and circle around the pudgy Vulpix, as she prepared an attack!

The moment Annahime had heard the words 'overweight fox' the raging flame of anger was ignited inside Annahime's heart. You see, one of the few things that can match her weight is her anger towards people who dare to point that fact out! After all, she's not fat- she's just extra fluffy! ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A FILTHY LIAR WHO DESERVES TO BE ON FIRE!! (Not even her trainer is an exception to this on her bad days. Thankfully, that fursuit is built to withstand the occasional Pokemon attack.)

Meanwhile, Curtis takes this moment to go ahead and have his Pokedex scan his opponent's Pokemon. Annahime seems to have this under control for the moment and more information is always a good thing! After he presses the button, his Pokedox quickly begins reading out the entry, "Grimer, Alola Form. The Sludge Pokemon. A Poison and Dark type. The crystals on Grimer's body are lumps of toxins-" though he doesn't have time to finish listening to the entry as Annahime lets out a loud cry as she launches a Mystical Fire attack!

"VUUUUUULPIX!" A large column of magical fire erupts into being in front of her snout and shoots directly towards the ruffian! If not the for the fact that said ruffian's Grimer just so happened to be in the direct way of the attack... well um, Annahime would've partially fried the human who had just called her fat.

But, it's clear who she was aiming for- other Pokemon that just so "happened" to be in the way or no.

Shocked by his Pokemon's bad behavior, Curtis stands there for a moment flabbergasted. "No bad!," he calls out after a moment, "you're supposed to attack his Pokemon! Not him!"

In response, his own Vulpix glares back at him for a moment before focusing her eyes on the Grimer. Fine! First, this pile of trash would burn, THEN the human who owns it!

Curtis rubs his hands together for a moment, then claps them as he gets his composure back. He shouts as he points out his finger, "Alright, follow up with another Mystical Fire and then use Protect!"
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
304
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury - Upset by the actions of the fight so far, Toxtricity proceeds to Taunt the Wigglytuff, an effective action that should help prevent further stalling for a time. After the balloon is enraged, it stares at Kojo expectantly as you attempt to plead with the boy, insisting that Ralph is going down and that the boy need not suffer the same fate if he only would stop defending the man, granting plenty of time for Toxtricity to Charge up in the event of a refusal.

Nodding his head towards the back alley, where sounds of combat continue loudly even now, the boy shrugs off your pleas, "Oh, come now. The officers around here are less than incompetent. After all, how would the boss have come to be in such a good position around here if he was so easy to catch in the first place?" A whizzing bolt of electricity shoots down the alleyway and into the street nearby, startling what few merchants remained after your battle with Kojo had started, and serving to interrupt the boy. "Now, I'm not saying I won't likely be locked up here. But it comes with the territory, and the boss isn't one to see his men put away for long. I'll be out before the next moon." His uncaring expression shifts for a moment, "But you, on the other hand. Well, let's just say the boss doesn't appreciate turncoats."

On cue and once more without orders, the boy's Pokemon act swiftly, Wigglytuff unleashing a blast of Psychic energy that kicks up a massive amount of dust as it rips through the street and strikes at Toxtricity, all the while the Chatot beginning to glow brightly. Retaliating as ordered, Toxtricity strikes true with a Thunderbolt on the bird, the extra surge from the Charge providing enough of a boost to make the dampening Light Screen not mean much. Unfortunately, Dreepy, attempting to concentrate on your words, still doesn't seem overly capable of doing much at the moment.

Inflating for a moment, the Wigglytuff exhales a massive Blizzard, the cold wind, ice, and snow showering the street and causing the previously startled merchants to go into full blown panic, running down whatever exits they can find to get away from the ongoing scrap. The blow to your team is increasingly problematic, neither one liking the sheer freezing cold of the wind by any degree. To make matters worse, Chatot stops glowing and takes flight, a bright energy erupting around the bird like flames as it charges into Dreepy with a powerful Sky Attack before looping back around to its perch atop the balloon.

The sudden damage reminds the small dragon of the predicament you are in, clearing himself of confusion and proceeding to shift in place to create after images with Double Team, helping to hopefully avoid further damage, unclinging from Toxtricity's head and floating about the street to help prevent knowledge of his true location. The ploy works out pretty well, as a Shadow Ball from the Wigglytuff whizzes through one of the images, exploding into a wall just down the street. Things aren't looking to great for this fight with Toxtricity a bit knackered by the heavy blows and Dreepy even worse off than its ally, and the issue only becomes more problematic as the Chatot folds its wings in atop Wigglytuff's head, proceeding to Roost and recover from the hefty blows.

There was no getting through to Kojo, the kid really seemed to be under Ralph's thumb. Sure a kid in these parts likely didn't have much going for him, a life of crime was probably expected of him. Although it didn't sit well with Xander, he knew there would be no turning Kojo off this path. The boy would suffer the same fate as his boss, providing the law enforcement around here wasn't as bad as Kojo was claiming. The battle was not going in their favour. Dreepy is shocked out of confusion by a powerful Sky Attack from Chatot, the bird returns to roost atop Wigglytuff, the balloon was proving to be a handful, firing off powerful attacks thanks to Xander stupidly activating its Competitive spirit. Thankfully once Dreepy regained his senses, he spread out in a Double Team, giving them a little bit of wiggly room. Chatot was recovering atop Wigglytuff, but perhaps that was a mistake as well. If the pair were together, that gave them one target instead of two......

"Toxtricity, Volt Tackle! Dreepy, lend a Helping Hand!" Hopefully it would catch the two off guard, giving them a chance to follow up. "Dreepy keep Wigglytuff busy, Thunder Wave it, then hit it with a Confuse Ray!" With Wigglytuff busy, Toxtricity could try and put an end to Chatot. "Quick Combo Toxtricity, smash Chatot with a Rock Blast, then finish it with Thunderbolt!" They needed to reclaim dominance in the battle and the only way they'd manage that is by swinging the numbers into their favour.
 
Name a more manly professor. I'll wait.
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
1,810
X. Fortune’s Woods - A place in the forest where the magical energy is at its most potent, forming a sort of myst that permeates the air. Everything from the trees to the wildlife here seem a bit out of this world, and it’s hard to predict what exactly will happen here. Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck. Whatever it is, this portion of the forest is filled with fun and whimsy.
"Fortune’s Woods, huh?” Ritchie said, the grit of the exploring spirit of Hoenn showing in his voice. He gazed at the map in his hands, his Noctowl, Gazza, looking the map down from Ritchie's shoulder. Rolling the crinkled parchment up and sliding it into a pocket on his backpack, he looked ahead at the forest before them. It was lush, green as any other forest, but why this one, you may be asking? Why, this one was fabled to have magical luck inducing powers. Not necessarily good luck, but luck all the same. Which wasn't too bad of a deal, really, but it still meant Ritchie could possibly not return from this trip.

"As if that's a problem." Ritchie thought out loud, as if he was reading our minds. Maybe he was? Nevermind. The Pawniard by his side grunted in disapproval, Stryke was not a fan of going to a forest where bad luck was an option. Good luck was all he wanted to hear.

"Pawn, Pawn pawn." He muttered under his breath as he lengthened the blade on his right hand, ready to defend his trainer and his Pokemon. "Yeah, sure, you'll be a such a huge help, Stryke." Ritchie said half-sarcastically, and laughed shortly after. Shayd, on the other hand, was loving every second of this adventure so far, and it hadn't even begun! Perhaps her Dark type was giving her some sort of future vision? But that would mean a bad future would be ahead of them....

"Welp, too late! We're already inside!" Ritchie said, grabbing Stryke by his left arm (his blade was luckily retracted) and ran into the underbrush, scattering leaves as he rushed inside.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
3
Zain-

Amara grabs the small handful of bandages you give her, and looks at the wound. It wouldn't be enough to keep the wound together, but the gesture was certainly enough. She did place a few on her wound in spots that would help with the bleeding, but it was an obvious half-hazard attempt. When you tell her to go ahead, she gives you a confused looked as she starts to lead the way.

You head out for a few miles before you get to a rocky outcropping, where Amara stops. Below is a sort of ravine with various colored gems littering the walls. At this time of night, they all shown like the stars above, creating an optical illusion of space being deep within the ground.

"We need to find a different route..." she mutters before clutching her abdomen. A small amount of blood escapes the wound and ends up falling into the ravine. When that happens, she lets out a small gasp and tries to clean up the blood that spilled to the floor.

Looking around, you notice a bridge leading to the other side. Looking across the ravine, it seemed to be stretching for miles. There didn't seem to be an "alternate" route so to speak. Lucifer though, seemed to be on edge. For what exact reason you couldn't tell, but there was certainly an off feeling about this place.

Amara gets up and looks towards the bridge. There was fear in her eyes, and she was looking at you with a sense of urgency.

"We need to hurry and get out of here now. If not... Then we might not be able to leave this place," she said, limping her way over to the bridge as fast she could.

You then feel a rumbling sensation under your feet. It felt as if something was digging through the ground and heading straight towards you. You rush towards the bridge, trying to get away from it. But it only got louder, and louder, and louder. It felt as if the earth was going to break away and you were going to fall into the ravine. You then ear a loud boom as a dark figure pops in front of Amara. At this point she was in front of the bridge.

You could see what it was, a Gabite. It was breathing heavily towards her, seemingly attracted by the scent of blood. It was poised, ready to attack her and drag her under.

What do you do?
Zain gazed out over the ravine, the walls lined with gems that gleamed in the evening light. Lucifer twitched and sniffed at the air...a sure sign something wasn't quite safe, be it the precarious bridge or the small dragon-type Pokemon lumbering towards them. "...there doesn't seem to be a different route at the moment..." He said, backing away from the Gabite.

"...oh dear. and the Gabite is the reason we should get out of this place, I presume?" He added, still slowly backpedaling away.

He exchanged a glance with Lucifer, looking at him then flicking his eyes towards the approaching Pokemon. He nodded in understanding and interposed himself in between them and the Gabite, assuming a battle position. Zain then flicked his finger across his throat and Lucifer's eyes flashed with resolve. [Throat Chop]


The Pokemon dashed forward, leaping gracefully. Lucifer's horn was poised to slash near the Gabite's elongated, needle-like body underneath the head.
 
Fizzytopian Idol
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
160
Reaction score
1
Meetan- You stalked your prey from a distance, being sure to keep a good distance from the rippling wall of muscle, but making sure to keep him within your sights. You'd slipped out of the camp just after him, recalling Blaze into his ball. The big chicken would be too easy to spot on such a stealthy mission, Eridian and Mimi were much better suited to slipping unnoticed through the trees. You follow Herakles as he makes his way through the Lover's Grove. You couldn't be sure since you'd only spent a bit of time in the grove yourself, but if your bearings were right, he was heading in the direction of the entwined trees, where the letter was waiting patiently for its intended recipient. You pause, hiding behind a tree as Herakles comes to a stop. He looks around, had he seen you? His eyes scan around and then up, looking up into the trees. Fixated on one in particular, he wraps his powerful hands around the trees trunk and begins to shake it in a display of brute strength. Apples rain down around him, plopping softly onto the lush grass. He then scoops up the arm full of apples, cradling them as he turns back to camp. You shuffle behind the tree as he walks past, "these apples look really juicy, they'll make Raji feel much better." Wait, he was actually out here looking for apples?!

You were close enough to the letter now that you decide to take a quick detour. Eridian seemed to remember the way, following the little black Bagon you quickly locate the clearing with the entwined oak trees. To your surprise, the letter was gone! You search around the trees but there is no sign of it. Had someone already claimed it? Maybe the wind had blown it away? Time was quickly passing, you needed to get back to camp before they decided to leave without you!

By the time you make it back, everyone is packed up and ready to leave. The damaged wagon has been repaired and Raji is finishing off the last of the apples that Herakles had collected for her. You make your way over to Sera's wagon, the acrobatic seems happy to see you. "Oh Alice, there you are!" Sera beams, "I was beginning to worry, we're about to get back on the road. Hatenna's been restless ever since you left." The Galarian Psychic type throws itself at Mimi, delighted to see the Mime Jr. again. The caravan was about to head off again, meaning you'd be alone with Sera once more. Perhaps it was time to confront her and finally get some answers?
Alice kept her eyes on Herakles, constantly paranoid that she and the gang were going to get caught out. He sure seemed like he was suspicious of being followed, and for a moment she thought that they were done for. In a twist, the man had begun shaking the tree like someone out of Animal Crossing with a debt to pay, gathering up his bounty as if ankle biting salespeople might take him out if he didn't. He was totally serious! He was just getting apples for Raji? That was super wholesome but unhelpful, and Alice voiced as such once their target had left. Eridian snorted, making sure that they got to the right place.

"Are you serious?! It's not here!" Alice hissed. Mimi frowned, babbling a bit with concerned eyes, although she was more upset by her trainer's reaction than the mystery itself. Eridian wasn't even fazed - this was just another day in the years of shenanigans that their trainer ended up in and her exaggerated responses to everything that went sideways. The dragon gave her a big of a scowl before swinging his heavy head and pointing a tiny arm back towards the road. Of course! They had somewhere to be! "Bollocks-- fine, come on then."

They made it back just in time. The Copperajah was eating the collected apples and everyone was ready to mosey. Mimi jumped down from her perch to glomp Hattena in return, the fairy's adoration mutual, and Alice wore a perfect smile for Sera. "Yeah, sorry, we went wandering. I wanted to see if any lovers would show up and do any loving in the grove, but I guess not~" The woman joked, her Bagon rolling his eyes, resisting the urge to deliver his trainer a stomp. Alice climbed back into the caravan to join Sera, leaving Eri and Mimi outside of their balls to spend time with the restless psychic. Alice figured that now was the time to pry, albeit carefully.

"By the way, are there any couples on the road? You're all basically together until death or 'desertion', right?" She inquired, using air quotes to cement her sarcastic use of the word. "I bet that leads to people getting close. And movies always have those couples who've always been together or meet and fall in love during the shows and stuff. Has it happened? I'll share any gossip you might want from me if you give me yours."
 
Fizzy Bubbles ZA
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
1,434
Reaction score
5
Faiyaa- This was a tricky situation, although one you were somewhat experienced with. Calling on Triton, the Wishiwashi swarms into a bait ball, strengthening himself to fight the mystical Dragalge. You'd had a battle like this, with the roles reversed, but it still gave you a bit of an edge. You knew the arsenal Dragalge possessed and the threat it posed, but perhaps there was more to this one than an odd colouring....

Triton surges forward, the fish forming his tail glistening like polished iron. He swings his tail around, striking the Dragalge across the side of the head, forcing it to release Marina. The Primarina floats motionless, the toxins seemed to have a powerful effect on her. Triton gives the Dragalge a Tearful Look, lowering its guard and decreasing its offensive stats. He makes use of the opening, reverberating he prepares to crash into the venomous dragon with the force of an Earthquake. Unfortunately, as he charges in, he is intercepted. Marina shockingly takes the schooling Wishiwashi's attack for the Dragalge! The Primarina isn't Playing either, as she Roughly tears at Triton, wearing him down. What was she thinking?! Dragalge floats behind the Primarina, it doesn't seem to be engaging in the battle, but why? What was it that Marina had said about the sea weed? It had special qualities, it could be used to make someone open to suggestion. Could the Dragalge have the same power? And if so, could it really be strong enough to turn Marina against you? Why else would she be standing between Triton and the Dragalge? Muse seemed really concerned, her old mentor was certainly not acting like herself and this development certainly made the battle less straight forward.
Triton had done his best to start the battle against the Dragalge with his best fin forward, but to Gary’s shock the Wishiwashi’s assault was intercepted by none other than Marina herself, who blindly retaliated on the schooling fish. However, it didn’t take Gary long to remember Marina’s description of the golden seaweed and its hallucinogenic properties. Clearly its effects proved potent on the weakened Primarina, and as the gigantic Dragalge seemed content hiding behind its entranced bodyguard and doing nothing, Gary began to wonder if his own eyes were playing tricks on him. However, Gary didn’t want to assume anything at this point, and getting Marina back to her senses was his new priority.

“Snap out of it, Marina!” Gary called out, hoping he could solve this diplomatically before resorting to other methods. Muse chimed in with a melodic yet wailing yelp, distressed to see someone who was akin to a big sister to her in such a state. Gary gave Muse a reassuring pat. “Don’t worry, we’ll get her back!” Muse continued to wear her worry on her face, but seemed to at least relax a little at her new trainer’s comforting words.

Gary then turned his attention back to his Wishiwashi. “Triton, hang in there! See if you can snap her out of it with by creating an Uproar! During the confusion, slip past their defenses with a Feint Attack and then hit the Dragalge with another Earthquake!” The shiny Wishiwashi did not seem pleased to have a friend turn foe on him, effectively doubling the number of opponents, but the schooling fish remained focused on the task at hand.
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
10
Missingno. Master - Deciding that this isn't Meowth's fight to fight, the cat is recalled, only to reappear on your shoulder, having shaken his confusion from being in his ball for a moment. Opting to take on this titan with not one, but two Pokemon, Anion and the Minun and Aster the Toxapex take Meowth's place, with a little convincing required for the former due to the size of their massive foe.

Opting to go for a defensive strategy for the moment, a Baneful Bunker sees Aster hunkered down to defend from an incoming blow, while a surge of electricity allows Anion to begin floating in the air thanks to Magnet Rise to hopefully avoid most of the Golurk's terrible typespam against the small Minun. Golurk, slowed by its previous technique, whirs into action, a sudden charge of High Horsepower sending it sailing towards the Toxapex, only to smash itself into the bunker, the pins of the shield stabbing into the mechanical titan, poisoning it.

Anion is quick to get to punishing the Golurk, zipping through the air and striking with a burst of Acrobatics, aided with extra nimbleness due to the lack of held item, while Aster sprays a Liquidation stream at the monster, the Merciless Toxapex dealing a critical blow against the titan thanks to its poisoned state. The Golurk's core whirs with energy, before raising its arms into the air to disperse a pulse of Gravity through the room, the sudden surge forcing Anion back to the ground for now.

Looking to deal a hefty blow to the creature preventing you from progressing through the cave, the hearty applause of a Helping Hand from Anion giving a boost of enthusiasm to Asher as the Toxapex's sadistic Hex forms, shredding into the golem before you thanks to the poison running through the clay creature. While the hits its taken are clearly showing a bit of wear, it's obvious that the Golurk is far from defeat at this point, and an incredibly destructive Magnitude shakes the room to prove the titan's horrible might, a quaking that neither Asher nor Anion is at all appreciative of.
The battle got underway, and to Keith's delight, his decision to have Aster defend herself in such a manner was the right one, for Golurk went in for a High Horsepower, running afoul of the poisonous nature of the Baneful Bunker! This boded well, especially for Aster, the usually bashful Toxapex able to showcase her Merciless battle style in all its glory. Liquidation- critical hit. Hex- not only a critical hit, but doubled in power in the first place since its target had a status condition. Keith grinned- teaching Aster that move was a seriously good idea!

The grin, however, had faded somewhat as Golurk went for Gravity, counteracting Anion's Magnet Rise and sending the Minun falling right back down to the ground. Golurk was quick to capitalize on this, unleashing a forceful Magnitude that shook up both its opponents.

"Toooooxaaaa!" wailed Aster.

"Mai-ai-aiiiii!" Anion exclaimed.

"Gah!" Keith grunted, standing strong as the ground shook, with Meowth clinging to his arm as though for dear life. "Hah... OK, whew," he sighed once the attack subsided. "Damn... Golurk's not going down easily," he remarked.

"Didn't tink it would," said Meowth.

"Same," Keith nodded, frowning. Golurk's durability was undoubtedly a big part of the reason why it was blocking their way- to waste more time! They had to act, and act fast, if they had any hope of getting past it. An idea occurred to Keith at this point, one which ignited an all-too-familiar gleam in his eye, though this wasn't about personal gain- if this would be faster than outright defeating the Golurk, surely that could only be a good thing? "Alright- Anion, Aster, are you two still good to go?" he called out.

"Mai mai!" nodded Anion.

"Toxapex!" Aster confirmed.

"Good," grinned Keith. "Anion, time to show Golurk those moves we've been working on! I know you only just recently learned them, but the time has come- use Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, then Energy Ball! Aster, Venom Drench, then bombard it with Hex after Hex!" As he spoke, Keith reached into his backpack, reached right for the Poké Ball pocket, and closed his fingers around an empty Dusk Ball, watching the action intently as he did so.

"...Eh?" Meowth murmured, finally noticing what Keith was doing, and subsequently, the look in his eyes. "...is youse serious?" he groaned.

Keith nodded seriously. "We're on a timer, Meowth, and we don't know how short of one it is," he stated. "If it's gonna take too long to outright defeat Golurk... then I'll have to catch it."
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
550
Reaction score
6
ChrisClark13 - Opting to take the thoughtful route of taking a quick look through your Pokedex to get a tactical advantage on your enemy, surely this fight is bound to go your - oh no what is the fox doing.

The spiraling flame reaches out towards not the opposing Pokemon, as you would hope in a Pokemon battle, but instead towards the trainer blocking the way down the path. The Grimer isn't exactly going to let this stand, and stretches itself into the way a bit to absorb the Mystical Fire, sinking back down to the ground, its Special Attack lowered by the flames.

"No need to be uncouth." The ruffian responds, clearly unhappy with Annahime, "Give it a Payback to show it how things go around here!" The Grimer happily obliges, a dark aura surrounding itself before expanding outwards, amplifying the sludge's limbs as it stretches out to strike a blow at the Vulpix.

As if the strike wasn't bad enough, your berating of the Vulpix really drives the point home, helping to cool her head as you issue further orders. The opposing trainer isn't exactly wont to simply let you do as you please on your own time, shouting a couple orders of his own as Annahime is listening to your commands. Almost as soon as she turns back to the fight, a thick Poison Gas fills the area directly around Annahime, causing the Vulpix to begin coughing as the gas seeps into her lungs and she becomes poisoned. Retaliating after finishing her coughing fit, a second Mystical Fire burns up the remaining gas and pours itself over the Grimer for further damage and yet another drop to the sludge's Special Attack.

With things looking fairly even at the moment, the Grimer releases an aerosol of pure toxins, the Venoshock meant to agitate the poisons already in Annahime's system. Luckily, she's more than ready thanks to your orders, and sets up a Protect shield, absorbing the blow harmlessly.

Irritated by your defensive display, the ruffian shouts once more, "Get that pathetic excuse for a Pokemon out of our way with a Poison Jab!"


TheKnightsFury - With Kojo's stall tactics on full display, it's obvious that a breakthrough of this wall is needed if you're going to get through this doorway to take down Ralph. With an additional applause of a Helping Hand from Dreepy, Toxtricity charges in full tilt with a Volt Tackle, the sudden charge startling the Wigglytuff and Chatot enough that they temporarily drop all of their tactics, the Chatot taking to the skies to avoid the blow while the balloon is sent careening backwards a ways by the attack. Toxtricity isn't overly appreciative of the recoil, but it's well worth it for the shape it puts the Wigglytuff in.

Responding to the sudden assault as it gets back on its feet, Wigglytuff looses three spiraling orbs of energy, the Tri Attack striking into Toxtricity, the sudden surge of energy leaving a nice burn on his arm as the attack fades off. Chatot, on the other hand, goes for an Ominous Wind, the ghostly energies pushing their way down the street, wiping over Dreepy and the afterimages of Double Team, causing a fair bit of pain for the small dragon, though not enough to take it out of this fight still.

Now your plan comes to full action, a Thunder Wave from Dreepy wrapping itself around the Wigglytuff to paralyze it, a status that immediately comes in handy as the balloon attempts to charge forward, only to be completely locked up as its muscles twitch and cause it to end its assault early. This leaves Toxtricity with a clean opening on the Chatot above, stone after stone of Rock Blast shooting through the air, only one of the five rocks actually missing their mark, whizzing by to strike into the second floor window of the building Kojo is defending. Driven far to the ground by the blows, the Chatot swoops down, dipping a wing into the earth and kicking it up to perform a Mud-Slap, the mud slapping Toxtricity in the face to lower the Accuracy of the beast for the future, as well as being a nice bit of damage all things considered.

Further disabling the Wigglytuff, a Confuse Ray from Dreepy properly puts the balloon into bad shape, now barely able to stand and completely unable to recall what it was doing. A Thunderbolt from Toxtricity crackles through the air, striking into the bird on the other end well and true. This proves too much for the Chatot, which proceeds to crumple to the ground, unconscious, before being promptly recalled by Kojo. But this moment isn't all good news, as Grookey comes running back through the alleyway, carrying Rookidee in its arms. Both of your returning Pokemon are still conscious for the moment, but a large burn on Rookidee and a fair bit of scrapes and bruises on Grookey tells a tale of a battle they weren't capable of winning without tactical orders from their trainer.

Toxtricity gained 1 level.
Grookey gained 1 level.
Rookidee gained 1 level.
Dreepy gained 3 levels.


Watching as your Pokemon returns to you, Kojo speaks up once more. "Reinforcements? Not a terrible idea. I do have a little gift the boss gave me some time ago, more than capable of dealing with this lot."

Suddenly, a bright flash appears behind Dreepy, the Teleport coming from a Gardevoir with sparkling light blue hair, the very Pokemon producing a small orb of pitch black energy before loosing the Shadow Ball into Dreepy's back, sending the small dragon careening through the air to land at your feet, unconscious.


Missingno. Master - Clutching at a Dusk Ball as you issue your orders, you make your choice to end this fight now, one way or another. A Venom Drench from Aster coats the poisoned titan, lowering its stats as a result, while a lancing Ice Beam reaches out from Anion to deal some devastating damage. Almost uncaring, the Golurk coats its head in a shimmering glow and charges forward, directly slamming headlong into Aster with a Zen Headbutt. The charge sends Aster skidding across the floor past yourself and Meowth, stopping just in front of the mage, who has been watching intently this entire fight.

This doesn't deter the Toxapex at all, though, and the assault continues as Aster unleashes a second dose of Hex, further punishing the golem for its poisoned status, while Anion continues the typespam assualt by producing an orb of pure shadows, lobbing the Shadow Ball into the Golurk, the combined attacks pushing it back a ways towards the wall. Loosing a single fist as a rocket, the titan retaliates, the Drain Punch landing firmly on Anion, sapping away a fair chunk of health to keep the Golurk in your path.

More super effective attacks are lobbied, this time another Hex and an Energy Ball to go with it, dealing yet more massive damage to the golem, the Grass type attack having the added benefit of causing the monstrosity's Special Defense to fall visibly before your eyes. Once more, the Golurk reaches for the ground, the resulting Earthquake pulsing through the room, cracking the walls as Z Crystals glow in response, the damage causing both Anion and Aster to tremble, neither looking particularly great. Still, they look better off than the Golurk as the poison in its system ticks away, leaving it in a rather sorry state in comparison to the menacing form that had appeared before you at the start of this fight.
 
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
10
Missingno. Master - Clutching at a Dusk Ball as you issue your orders, you make your choice to end this fight now, one way or another. A Venom Drench from Aster coats the poisoned titan, lowering its stats as a result, while a lancing Ice Beam reaches out from Anion to deal some devastating damage. Almost uncaring, the Golurk coats its head in a shimmering glow and charges forward, directly slamming headlong into Aster with a Zen Headbutt. The charge sends Aster skidding across the floor past yourself and Meowth, stopping just in front of the mage, who has been watching intently this entire fight.

This doesn't deter the Toxapex at all, though, and the assault continues as Aster unleashes a second dose of Hex, further punishing the golem for its poisoned status, while Anion continues the typespam assualt by producing an orb of pure shadows, lobbing the Shadow Ball into the Golurk, the combined attacks pushing it back a ways towards the wall. Loosing a single fist as a rocket, the titan retaliates, the Drain Punch landing firmly on Anion, sapping away a fair chunk of health to keep the Golurk in your path.

More super effective attacks are lobbied, this time another Hex and an Energy Ball to go with it, dealing yet more massive damage to the golem, the Grass type attack having the added benefit of causing the monstrosity's Special Defense to fall visibly before your eyes. Once more, the Golurk reaches for the ground, the resulting Earthquake pulsing through the room, cracking the walls as Z Crystals glow in response, the damage causing both Anion and Aster to tremble, neither looking particularly great. Still, they look better off than the Golurk as the poison in its system ticks away, leaving it in a rather sorry state in comparison to the menacing form that had appeared before you at the start of this fight.
Anion and Aster went on the offensive yet again, with the former letting loose a barrage of super effective moves, and the latter, after first making sure to weaken the colossus before them, followed up with her own barrage of powerful moves. Slowly but surely, Golurk was weakening.

Alas, it was the "slowly" part of this that Keith was taking issue with. By no means was Keith Masters an impatient man, but when lives were at stake, he knew well the importance of hurrying the hell up. And to make matters worse, one of the attacks Golurk had launched this time around was Drain Punch. Sapping precious hit points away from the Minun to replenish its own. And then came the Earthquake for massive damage, both to the Pokémon and to the cave. Keith gritted his teeth- the walls around them were starting to crack, Golurk could cause a cave-in!

"WAH!" Meowth yowled as the cave shook. "Is it tryin' ta kill us all?!"

"Wouldn't doubt it at this point," Keith stated.

"Maaaiiii..." groaned Anion, standing up unsteadily.

"Toxaaaa..." added Anion, her numerous legs shaking as she somehow remained upright.

"Anion and Aster ain't got much more in dem fer dis, eitha," Meowth pointed out. "But Golurk ain't lookin' too hot itself."

"Yeah, but..." murmured Keith. "If we can't finish it off quick enough, it'll probably use Magnitude or Earthquake again, and I don't think we'll be quite as lucky... I've got to try," he stated.

"At dis point I ain't even gonna argue wit dat logic," said Meowth.

"Right. Aster, Anion, stay alert," Keith advised his Pokémon. "If this doesn't go the way I'm hoping, I need you both to use the same moves I ordered last time, alright? Except no Venom Drench- just make it all Hexes, Aster."

"Mai mai!" nodded Anion, keeping a wary, watchful eye on Golurk all the while.

"Toxapex!" Aster agreed, doing likewise.

With that being said, Keith's time to act had come. With his free hand, he turned his hat backwards. His right hand clutched the Dusk Ball, now enlarged to its full size. He brought his right arm back, then heaved the sphere right at Golurk. "Go! Dusk Ball!" Keith exclaimed.


*Keith used Dusk Ball!*
 
Last edited:
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
304
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury - With Kojo's stall tactics on full display, it's obvious that a breakthrough of this wall is needed if you're going to get through this doorway to take down Ralph. With an additional applause of a Helping Hand from Dreepy, Toxtricity charges in full tilt with a Volt Tackle, the sudden charge startling the Wigglytuff and Chatot enough that they temporarily drop all of their tactics, the Chatot taking to the skies to avoid the blow while the balloon is sent careening backwards a ways by the attack. Toxtricity isn't overly appreciative of the recoil, but it's well worth it for the shape it puts the Wigglytuff in.

Responding to the sudden assault as it gets back on its feet, Wigglytuff looses three spiraling orbs of energy, the Tri Attack striking into Toxtricity, the sudden surge of energy leaving a nice burn on his arm as the attack fades off. Chatot, on the other hand, goes for an Ominous Wind, the ghostly energies pushing their way down the street, wiping over Dreepy and the afterimages of Double Team, causing a fair bit of pain for the small dragon, though not enough to take it out of this fight still.

Now your plan comes to full action, a Thunder Wave from Dreepy wrapping itself around the Wigglytuff to paralyze it, a status that immediately comes in handy as the balloon attempts to charge forward, only to be completely locked up as its muscles twitch and cause it to end its assault early. This leaves Toxtricity with a clean opening on the Chatot above, stone after stone of Rock Blast shooting through the air, only one of the five rocks actually missing their mark, whizzing by to strike into the second floor window of the building Kojo is defending. Driven far to the ground by the blows, the Chatot swoops down, dipping a wing into the earth and kicking it up to perform a Mud-Slap, the mud slapping Toxtricity in the face to lower the Accuracy of the beast for the future, as well as being a nice bit of damage all things considered.

Further disabling the Wigglytuff, a Confuse Ray from Dreepy properly puts the balloon into bad shape, now barely able to stand and completely unable to recall what it was doing. A Thunderbolt from Toxtricity crackles through the air, striking into the bird on the other end well and true. This proves too much for the Chatot, which proceeds to crumple to the ground, unconscious, before being promptly recalled by Kojo. But this moment isn't all good news, as Grookey comes running back through the alleyway, carrying Rookidee in its arms. Both of your returning Pokemon are still conscious for the moment, but a large burn on Rookidee and a fair bit of scrapes and bruises on Grookey tells a tale of a battle they weren't capable of winning without tactical orders from their trainer.

Toxtricity gained 1 level.
Grookey gained 1 level.
Rookidee gained 1 level.
Dreepy gained 3 levels.


Watching as your Pokemon returns to you, Kojo speaks up once more. "Reinforcements? Not a terrible idea. I do have a little gift the boss gave me some time ago, more than capable of dealing with this lot."

Suddenly, a bright flash appears behind Dreepy, the Teleport coming from a Gardevoir with sparkling light blue hair, the very Pokemon producing a small orb of pitch black energy before loosing the Shadow Ball into Dreepy's back, sending the small dragon careening through the air to land at your feet, unconscious.

Chatot was put to rest and Wigglytuff was in quite a bind, Xander was starting to feel confident again. It quickly passed though as Grookey came running around the building, an unconscious Rookidee in his arms. Kojo had called the pair reinforcements, but not in there current state. Xander recalled both Pokemon into their balls, they'd done enough already. The young boy had reinforcements at his disposal though, in a blink a Gardevoir revealed itself, striking down Dreepy with a powerful Shadow Ball. The dart collapses, Xander's brow furrows, angered by the blind side. He recalled Dreepy as well, three of his Pokemon were now unusable and Toxtricity was flagging. He could see Xander was starting to worry though and once again decided to act on his own. He Taunted, the Gardevoir, knowing full well the bag of tricks a Psychic type possessed. Xander took a moment to think. Surely the captain's reinforcements were close to arriving. That said, they had to hold their own until reinforcements arrived. There was but one option.

"Let's go Blastoise!" Xander shouts as he tosses out another ball, revealing the powerful Kanto Starter. Blastoise cocks his cannons, a grin stretching from ear to ear. Xander looked to his Mega Bracelet, knowing the option was there if he wanted to take it. He'd hold off for now, there was no telling what else could throw itself into the mix. "Life Dew Blastoise, then go after Gardevoir, keep it on its toes with a Sludge Bomb, then lance it with a Flash Cannon!" Xander hoped the Life Dew would give Toxtricity the boost it needed to finish his fight with Wigglytuff. Get in there and Drain Punch, Wigglytuff Toxtricity, then bathe it in a Sludge Wave!"

Toxtricity reached lvl 36
Dreepy reached lvl 5
Rookidee reached lvl 22
Grookey reached lvl 26
 
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
96
Reaction score
1
Liltwick – With the sorry excuse of a magician’s departure, you find yourself suddenly saddled with a new companion, whom you promise to help find a new home in exchange for its assistance in tracking down your friend – to which the Kadabra readily agrees. To aid the search party, you send for your Snorlax from his edible vessel, whom you also tempt with an assurance he would finally get to consume the container upon locating Custard. Easily swayed by such sweet nothings, Pie starts to sniff the air for the Togetic’s scent, before toddling off in a seemingly random direction, with Kadabra dubiously following the giant’s footsteps as he parts effortlessly through the sea of people like a snow plow.

That settled, you glance at the sun overheard as you notice the sky seems to be getting strangely… dark all of sudden. Odd, you didn’t think that much time had passed, but regardless you’d better be getting back to the shop soon before you lose your apprenticeship on the very first day. Keeping Carrot by your side just in case, you hurry back towards where you vaguely recall the bakery being, hoping you’ll be able to find your way there without a guide this time.

With your Carbink acting as a makeshift magnetic compass to navigate instead, eventually you manage to stumble back to your destination. Opening the door, you come upon Lucius standing alone behind the counter, and he glances up abruptly at the bell’s chime, seeming almost surprised to see you there. He then composes himself, and smiles.

“Ah, you’ve returned… And you found the eggs, I see.”

He nods approvingly at the carton you’re carrying, though something about his expression appears a bit… off. It’s then that you notice the Blissey from before is nowhere to be seen, and Carrot’s ears perk as it too senses something fishy about the whole situation. Before you can react though, a wave of wooziness washes over you, and for some reason your legs feel weak and weighted like lead, unable to run or even move an inch as he approaches.

“I suppose we should begin our first lesson then…” His warm, melting voice weaves in and out like static, fading fast from your consciousness. “…Which is, don’t just blindly accept food from strangers.” He watches with calm as your lids grow heavy, hands shoved casually in his coat pockets – yet a flash of genuine sympathy seems to cross his eyes as your own gradually succumb to slumber.

“Sorry, kid,” you distantly hear him sigh. “I tried to warn you, but.... You really shouldn’t have come back here.”



You wake some time later to discover yourself trapped in a dim, dank room – perhaps the basement? Your limbs have been bound to a chair, and beneath it inscribed on the floor in red paint (or more likely blood) appears to be some kind of bizarre symbol: an ornate pentagram within a circle, like one might use in a satanic summoning ritual to call upon a demon. Lines extend out from the center of the star and crawl up the walls like spiderwebs, glowing faintly as energy seems to travel along them from above ground, leading back to the source.

You haven’t much time to admire the morbid décor though, as you realize both your bag and Poké Balls have all been taken from you, and Carrot is missing as well. …However, you do hear humming off to the side, and scan slowly to see BB the Blissey singing cheerfully to herself as she sharpens a pair of shears on a grindstone. She catches your gaze, and turns with a grin as she shockingly speaks inside your still muddled mind:

“Ah, you’re awake!” She beams with pure delight as she clasps her winged paws together, the angelic image utterly at odds with the current chilling surroundings. “Now then, we can finally begin the ceremony~”

How do you respond?
 
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
96
Reaction score
1
lilblue-

With Keif's evolution and further confession to Kanna, the Furret and Linoone share a tender moment before Yufi crashes the party. The female Zigzagoon is wondering what her mommy and daddy were doing, and was further wondering about the big building in front of the group. Kanna decides the best course of action would be to explore the submerged building. They could possible find a way to communicate with their trainer in there.

The group heads towards the building, and quickly realizes that it was some kind of temple. There was a small bridge leading towards the back entrance, which didn't seem to be submerged within water. Since there was nothing else around, it only seemed natural to go inside and investigate the place.

Once inside, the group notices a sign posted on the wall. It seemed to be an informational plague of some kind. Something about how people shouldn't try to explore the place and stick to their tour guides. Of course, words mean nothing for the two members for the Zigzagoon line, and they barrel forth deeper within. Nothing was ever quiet with them around after all.

Kanna makes haste to follow them, and she could see Keif and Yufi sitting in front of some kind of door. There was a little switch near the bottom, and there was another plaque there saying "Do Not Enter." Of course, Keif and Yufi don't necessarily understand the meaning of that and pull the switch anyways. The door opens to reveal a set of stairs. Once set leads up, and the other leads further into the depths. An ominous feeling emanates from these stairs but, well, it was less of trying to convince them to not, but more trying to figure out which one would be less dangerous.

What do you do?
As the trio approached the ruined structure, upon closer inspection it appeared to resemble some sort of sacred temple. A thin mobile arched over the water towards the back entrance, providing safe and dry passage at least. Kanna had certainly had enough of swimming for a lifetime, so she was thankful for that as they crossed the bridge into the building, Kief and Yufi eagerly leading the way as they began to explore.

As soon as they stepped inside, a bold plaque greeted them with words none of them understood, so the Linoone and Zigzagoon blatantly ignored the warning and barged on through, figuring whatever message it held was only intended for humans anyway. Kanna nervously wondered if the text might have contained some important information, but given she didn’t know how to read people’s writing either there wasn’t much she could do but quickly follow her friends for fear of losing sight of them.

When she caught up with her companions, they were seated in front of another door with a similar sign beside it. Again, the scribbles meant nothing to them, so Yufi impressed a small switch she noticed by the bottom, and the entry exposed to reveal a twin set of stairs: one scaling up, and the other descending further into the depths. Kanna gulped as she peered down at the shadows, suspecting all sorts of dangers awaiting at the end. It would probably be more benign and beneficial to take the rising path, as if they could get onto the roof they’d at least have a better bearing on their surroundings. …But, of course, her comrades weren’t considering the practicality of either course of action for survival, instead focused on what would produce the most excitement. And the unknown darkness certainly seemed most inviting, beckoning with promises of adventure – and possibly treasure.

Before Kanna could even suggest otherwise, the two already began traversing the steps into the underworld, heedless to any potential peril. Kanna swallowed as she swiftly chased after them, not wanting to be left behind despite a multitude of misgivings.

“W-wait for me, guys!”

She squeaked as she tugged on Kief’s tail, who slowed down enough for her to travel next to him. Though she was still apprehensive, the heat of his elongated body beside hers helped her feel secure, and the glint of her necklace seemed to guide the way even in the lack of light. She leaned against him as they walked, comforted by his warm coat and confidence – but at the same time still hoping they weren’t about to be eaten by a grue.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
480
Reaction score
14
Slash:
This is a new start for you; you've heard much about the Arcane Realm, not every tale a favourable one, but it seems the very region itself is prone to cycles of death an rebirth - this current incarnation, you realize, doesn't seem so bad. At the very least, the sight of the Lake of the Moon is certainly unique.

But you remember not to lose focus: you are first and foremost a Trainer, and that's what you're here to do: train. Calling upon two young companions ("young" being most definitely a figure of speech in Yamask's case) you prepare for a good old-fashioned grinding session by retrieving your trusty Fishing Rod and priming your partners to engage the first creature that pops up.

With impressive style for a casual, you cast your line as far as you can, and watch as the lure vanishes from sight into the depths of the Lake. But patience is a fisherman's greatest virtue, of course, and so you mentally prepare yourself to wait.

As it turns out, waiting isn't required here.

Mere seconds after the water settles, you feel a violent tug on the line; then, literally out of the blue, a gigantic Seaking leaps out of the water and, with a second overwhelming pull, yanks the entire Fishing Rod straight from your hands! The line breaks and your rod goes flying into the lake, before Seaking resurfaces and, clutching the wooden instrument in its jaws, drags it into the depths!

"That's, uh... equal parts unlikely and upsetting", says a voice behind you.

You turn around; a bearded man in his thirties, dressed in full fisherman gear, complete with a hat adorned with colorful hooks, contemplates the scenario with his arms crossed.

"Guess nobody warned you the fish here are a bit, err, temperamental. Unnaturally big, too, as you could tell." The man tries to smile, but gives up rather quickly, realizing losing your only Fishing Rod is no laughing matter. "I'm, uh... Just a guy who likes to fish. David, nice to meet ya."

He holds out his hand in a friendly greeting.

"Guess you're gonna need that rod back, right? Only way is to dive in. I guess I could help with that, if you want... although, I'm not sure you're good enough to face what's down there," he casually says while glancing at your small Yamask and TImburr.

An awkward silence sets in while David's eyes turn absent-mindedly to the Lake, before realizing what he just said.

"Oh! I-I meant no disrespect! It's just... Well, pretty big, angry fish down there, like I said. Think you, uh... think you could handle it?"




DannyDrawsaLot:
A forest where anyone's luck can change at any given time... The idea itself sounds absurd, as does, one could argue, the very notion of someone, or something, controlling said luck from afar, like an invisible puppeteer. And yet, the stories about Fortune's Woods were so widespread, you can't help but wonder if there isn't some truth to them...

Accompanied by your partners outside of their Balls, you venture out into the lush green landscape up ahead. For someone who specialized on Bird Pokemon, it takes a special kind of bravery to set foot in this kind of wilderness – flying from above will only reveal foliage to your winged companions, but fortunately you aren’t exclusively a Bird Keeper, judging by the presence of a menacing little Pawniard at your side.

As you go along, you can’t help but think that what these Woods lack in any conventional waypoints or other means of man-made guidance, they certainly make up for in natural beauty, but still...

Which way were you going again?

Your Noctowl is the first one to notice, and it calls your attention to the alarming fact: you already passed the oddly-shaped tree to your right twice now. Worse still, a thick blanket of mist is creeping up all around you; not the usual, dull-colored grey fog you'd perhaps expect, but one with a curious light-pink hue... Either way, it obscures your path, further compounding your predicament.

Somewhere up ahead, you hear a very distinct howl, bone-chilling and much too close for comfort. You can't tell if the cry is a warning or a call for help, but do you even want to risk finding out? Maybe you'll take some other, safer approach to finding your way instead...
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
0

ChrisClark13 - Opting to take the thoughtful route of taking a quick look through your Pokedex to get a tactical advantage on your enemy, surely this fight is bound to go your - oh no what is the fox doing.

The spiraling flame reaches out towards not the opposing Pokemon, as you would hope in a Pokemon battle, but instead towards the trainer blocking the way down the path. The Grimer isn't exactly going to let this stand, and stretches itself into the way a bit to absorb the Mystical Fire, sinking back down to the ground, its Special Attack lowered by the flames.

"No need to be uncouth." The ruffian responds, clearly unhappy with Annahime, "Give it a Payback to show it how things go around here!" The Grimer happily obliges, a dark aura surrounding itself before expanding outwards, amplifying the sludge's limbs as it stretches out to strike a blow at the Vulpix.

As if the strike wasn't bad enough, your berating of the Vulpix really drives the point home, helping to cool her head as you issue further orders. The opposing trainer isn't exactly wont to simply let you do as you please on your own time, shouting a couple orders of his own as Annahime is listening to your commands. Almost as soon as she turns back to the fight, a thick Poison Gas fills the area directly around Annahime, causing the Vulpix to begin coughing as the gas seeps into her lungs and she becomes poisoned. Retaliating after finishing her coughing fit, a second Mystical Fire burns up the remaining gas and pours itself over the Grimer for further damage and yet another drop to the sludge's Special Attack.

With things looking fairly even at the moment, the Grimer releases an aerosol of pure toxins, the Venoshock meant to agitate the poisons already in Annahime's system. Luckily, she's more than ready thanks to your orders, and sets up a Protect shield, absorbing the blow harmlessly.

Irritated by your defensive display, the ruffian shouts once more, "Get that pathetic excuse for a Pokemon out of our way with a Poison Jab!"
Curtis grits his teeth as he watches Annahime take a beating. He sees that the guy's just gonna switch to physical attacks with all those special attack debuffs and Annahime doesn't really have a good way to dodge all those. Think, think! Shut down his options, box them in, do something! The Grimer needs to stop beating on Annahime somehow!

"Annahime, Disable that attack! Then Fire Spin and Fire Spin again! Trap that pile of goo in a vortex of flames and bake it like it's in an oven! Or better yet, a kiln! Bake it to a crisp!" Curtis has no idea what happens to what a Grimer's made of when the temperature is cranked up, but he was going to do his best to find out!

Annahime catches her breath for a moment as she hides behind her quickly fading Protect shield. Each breath, unfortunately, bringing in a fresh bit of pain to her lungs and mouth thanks to that foul gas earlier. Seriously, who- what kind of Pokemon fights like that? That's so mean and now everything is hurting! She hears her name and orders being barked out and, while she's not sure why it's not just three Fire Spins- oh right, the Grimer's going to attack! As quick as she can, she calls up her power and throws out a Disable- making her eyes glow light red as she does so. Then she gets right into calling up the flames needed for a double Fire Spin. Burn, burn, burn you ugly pile of goop- burn!
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
304
Reaction score
11

Meetan- Things hadn't gone your way. You'd thought Herakles was an absolute sure thing, but nope, turns out he just really cared about his Copperajah! And the letter was gone?! Who could have taken it? When could have they taken it? If it was Sera who was pregnant, surely it was another member of the troupe, not just some random stranger? You had to get more information! You take your position on the wagon next to Sera and before to long the caravan is on the move again. Once the collection of wagons is moving at a steady pace again, you start to work your magic. You had much more to go off of this time, allowing you to really focus the conversation, even going as far as to use air quotes like some sort of weirdo.....

"Hahahaha", Sera chuckles nervously, "it kind of does feel like that with the troupe, had to imagine a life outside of it sometimes. But to answer your question, there are strict rules against that, especially after last time. You see a couple of years back, a pair of performers fell in love and decided to run away together. They stole anything they could and slipped away in the night, never to be seen or heard from again. After that, the Ring Master made us all sign contracts, tying us to the the troupe for a certain time. I've still got 5 years on my contract, no early exit. Didn't really worry me at the time, but I was young and dumb, 10 years didn't seem like a long time then. The contract also has strict rules about relationships with other troupe members. You see a portion of our pay is set aside for when we leave, if we break our contracts, we lose that money, we also lose our Pokemon, which we're forced to put up as collateral. So yeah, no in-troupe relationships, no early exits, no real choice......" Sera fades off, the conversation seems to have hit a bit of a nerve.


Faiyaa- It was certainly an unfortunate turn of events. Dragalge had used its strange powers to turn Marina into a mindless puppet, a living shield! The Primarina was a friend, someone you didn't want to harm, if you could avoid doing so. After calming muse, you instruct Triton to try and shake Marina from her hypnotised state. The bait ball sends sound waves rippling through the water, creating an Uproar. The addled Marina shakes violently, the attack didn't seem to cause a lot of physical pain, but mentally what she was enduring seemed rather unpleasant. It does create an opening for Triton, who is able to get passed the Primarina and strike Dragalge with a Feint Attack! The Dragon replies this time, choosing to engage in the fight! It strikes Triton with a flick of its Poisonous Tail, knocking a few of the fish out of the bait ball in the process. Triton pushes on, the mass of trembling bodies slam into the Dragalge at full force, the impact driving it into the rock.

Marina jets in to defend her temporary master, driving Triton off of him with a powerful Play Rough. It seems the Uproar was unable to overcome the potent poison. Perhaps if you could relieve the effects of the poison, you'd have a better chance of snapping Marina out of it? You'd have to work fast though, because the Dragalge is looking rather angry. It fires a powerful Dragon Pulse at Triton, the Wishiwashi lets out a pained roar, the Dragon sure could pack a punch!
 
Top