• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Arcane Realm: Land of Freedom and Magicks

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
Slash:
You realize, in part due to personal experience, that Octillery's ability, while powerful, is unreliable in the long run. That is why at some point it might be best to keep attacking, hoping a chink will appear in the mollusk's defenses.

Yamask floats high up and fires off a green energy orb, but Octillery is ready to do what it does best.

"Counter with Octazooka! Snipe that Energy Ball off the air!"

The ink bomb is fired and collides with Yamask's attack in midair, exploding on contact. Timburr takes advantage of the distraction and rushes in with a Power-Up Punch, and you find it takes Octillery too long to react to its approach - the fist finds its mark, and this time the Water-type seems to feel it!

"Oh, it's getting sluggish..." David's reaction indicates he was just about expecting it. Doesn't seem too upset by it, either way...

Yamask seems to notice as well, and quickly fires off another Energy Ball. Octillery responds with another Octazooka, but again, its reaction time is slow, and by the time it has taken aim and fired, the green orb is already much too close! The two blasts clash mere inches away from Octillery's face, and ink is splattered everywhere, covering the Water-Type's eyes!

"Oh bummer..."

Timburr prepares to take another swing, but just as he's about to land a crushing punch... David recalls Octillery!

"Yeah, that wasn't gonna go anywhere for me. Oh, it was Surf, by the way. Its last move. I uh... Well I just bought this jacket the other day, and I didn't wanna get it all soaked if it summoned a wave from the lake. So, y'know... You win this one. Good job mate!"

*Yamask gains 4 Levels!*
*Timburr gains 4 Levels!*


The fisherman turns to the lake and points.

"You proved your point, you can take care of yourself. Guess it's about time you go get your fishing rod, right? Well, a promise is a promise."

Picking a Lure Ball, David tosses it to the ground. In a flash of silver light, a small spider takes form. Unsurprisingly by now, not a fish.

"This here is Dewpider. Great at making water bubbles for itself; but great at making air bubbles for me when I go deep-sea diving, too! So you can borrow it to get down into the depths of the Lake of Moon."

The Dewpider greets you with a warm smile before shooting a stream of small bubbles up into the air, showing off for a bit.

"Just remember - you're gonna be underwater in a lake of oversized Pokemon. It's their world, not yours. No matter how good you are, like you've shown me... You're always gonna be at a disadvantage down there. Pick your Pokemon, and pick your fights, very wisely."

He throws you a thumbs-up and a smile.

"Let me know when you're ready to dive in, alright? Take your time, then give me the go-ahead!"

*Declare up to six Pokemon to go underwater with you. Remember to stock up on items too, in case the going gets rough!*




DannyDrawsaLot:
The formless voice calls to you, asking that you be its Champion against what it has deemed to be excessive death in the Fortune's Woods. Without a good reason to turn it down, you accept its request.

There is no response, but the pink mist that has dispersed suddenly coalesces in a spiral, gathering all in a single spot ahead of you. Then it vanishes again, leaving behind a pink metal slab...

*You obtained 1x Fairy Plate!*

Stryke goes first, giving chase to the Mightyena now that the fog has cleared. You and Gazza follow, deep into the forest, wondering who it was that might have summoned you to its cause...

The path may now be clearer without the mist, but the amount of trees and low bushes all around make it harder to traverse the deeper part of the woods. Stryke is just up ahead, thankfully keeping a pace you can follow, but you are all soon forced to stop again, because...

*Awooooooooooo!*

The same howl from before...

However, this time, it's more than an empty threat. Quick as a bolt of black lightning, the Mightyena from before leaps from behind a bush and bites Stryke on the arm with a nasty Fire Fang! Then, just as quickly as it had appeared, it vanishes behind a nearby tree...

With the terrain favoring the native wild Mightyena, the Pokemon seems to have grown much bolder than back at the open clearing. Stryke hold its arm in visible pain. You are at an obvious disadvantage, and the enemy is lurking somewhere nearby, hidden from sight, ready to pounce at any moment once more!

What will you do now?
 
Wistful
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
Mask: On seeing Gigas, even at this distance, you see the enamoured glint in the eyes of Umberto. The guard takes a moment, drinking in the atmosphere, before brandishing his spear at the pair of you.

"Victor, meet their valour well. Trade blows with a Dragon Pulse, then prepare for further combat with a Swords Dance!"

Victor nods the affirmative, the tail of the reptile whipping enthusiastically as he readies himself, embers skittering across the dirt ground. Gigas is no slouch though, the readiness of the Snorlax allowing him to seize the initiative. With a sharp inhale the Snorlax bellows intensely, the reverberations trembling through the air as the bass thumps in your chest. A thickened ring of blue energy ploughs viciously into Victor, the Charmeleon desperately guarding himself with his arms as he is stricken - but where most would baulk at this, Victor merely flashes a fanged grin. Rearing his head back, the Fire type gathers a fulminating mass of dark turquoise energy within his maw, hissing determinedly as waves billow forth to engulf Gigas. With the opening exchange concluded, both Pokemon watch the other warily, but it is Victor who this time presses the advantage. Figure glimmering with pale white light, the Charmeleon spins rapidly in place, twisting and undulating as he swiftly enacts a fluid dance. As he comes to a halt, it is clear that he is empowered. His claws a little sharper, his eyes steeled with focus.

Umberto was quick to follow suit.

"Alright Victor, bring the fight to them. Approach with a Mega Kick, then attack his right flank with an Iron Tail!
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
Mask: On seeing Gigas, even at this distance, you see the enamoured glint in the eyes of Umberto. The guard takes a moment, drinking in the atmosphere, before brandishing his spear at the pair of you.

"Victor, meet their valour well. Trade blows with a Dragon Pulse, then prepare for further combat with a Swords Dance!"

Victor nods the affirmative, the tail of the reptile whipping enthusiastically as he readies himself, embers skittering across the dirt ground. Gigas is no slouch though, the readiness of the Snorlax allowing him to seize the initiative. With a sharp inhale the Snorlax bellows intensely, the reverberations trembling through the air as the bass thumps in your chest. A thickened ring of blue energy ploughs viciously into Victor, the Charmeleon desperately guarding himself with his arms as he is stricken - but where most would baulk at this, Victor merely flashes a fanged grin. Rearing his head back, the Fire type gathers a fulminating mass of dark turquoise energy within his maw, hissing determinedly as waves billow forth to engulf Gigas. With the opening exchange concluded, both Pokemon watch the other warily, but it is Victor who this time presses the advantage. Figure glimmering with pale white light, the Charmeleon spins rapidly in place, twisting and undulating as he swiftly enacts a fluid dance. As he comes to a halt, it is clear that he is empowered. His claws a little sharper, his eyes steeled with focus.

Umberto was quick to follow suit.

"Alright Victor, bring the fight to them. Approach with a Mega Kick, then attack his right flank with an Iron Tail!
Kou didn't try to hold back his smile; it had been a while since he'd had an actual battle, and upon learning Fizzytopia did not have a traditional Gym Circuit, he feared he might lack competition here.

"Assume nothing." So said my grandfather. And as always, he was right...

Umberto and his Charmeleon were proving to be a formidable pair right from the start, bouncing back from Gigas’s Hyper Voice with an equally powerful Dragon Pulse and immediately boosting themselves for future strikes. The knight seemed quite passionate himself about battling, and it was clear he had a plan from the outset. His companion was nimbler than Gigas, no doubt, and was noe closer to it in terms of strength too. Kou could only hope to still beat the Fire-Type in raw power even after that Swords Dance.

“There is both preparation and discipline in your style. I am honoured to be your opponent, Sir Umberto.”

It was customary in his family to praise opponents who were praiseworthy. Kind words were far too often forgotten in the heat of battle.

I have to play to Gigas's strengths. We will not be evading anything they throw at us any time soon. Which means...

"Gigas! Counter his kick with an Ice Punch to the leg! When it spins around for the follow-up, use Crunch to trap its tail in your fangs, then use Charmeleon's own momentum to slam it to the ground!"

There wasn't much else they could do - Gigas was a mountain, and those didn't move much. The main problem here was...

When this exchange is over, Umberto will have seen three of our four techniques. And the only one he won't know about is Flamethrower... Oh well. We'll just have to muscle our way to victory!
 
Wistful
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
Mask: Umberto takes your praise with a beaming grin, crossing one arm across his chest in acknowledging salute. Victor seems as enthused as his trainer, the Charmeleon now wearing a toothy smirk as he crouches low to the dirt. Streamlining his body, the Charmeleon rockets towards Gigas, looking to catch the typically slovenly Snorlax off guard - of course, Gigas is no such sloth. Victor finally closes the distance, using his powerful legs to propel himself into the air. Tail used as balance, the Charmeleon performs a neat pirouette to fuel a violent kick - but to his surprise, his swinging leg is met keenly. A pale cyan gauntlet encasing his fist, Gigas grits his teeth as he puts his entire weight behind the blow. With a small explosion, Victor is sent hurtling away, Gigas having manged to win the bout of power, courtesy of the sizeable disparity in mass. Startled, Victor twists to reset his stance as he lands with surprising grace, exhaling sharply and narrowing his eyes. Composure regained, the reptile lunges forth, determined to maintain his assault.

Victor moves with purpose, his angle of attack shifted this time. Approaching from Gigas' right, the Charmeleon coats his tail in a hardened silver aura, the metallic casing strengthening the appendage as he once again leaps high. His anticipation of Gigas' movement is much more prepared this time however, and as the Snorlax attempts to catch the Iron Tail between his fangs, both Pokemon are thrown off somewhat. Despite this, Gigas perseveres, clamping his jaws shut and capitalising on what leverage he has to jerk forcefully. Victor careens into the ground, colliding painfully - but afforded just enough time to cushion the impact slightly. With a furious scowl, the Fire type retreating to create some space, eyeing Gigas warily and waiting for his next opportunity.

Umberto stands similarly cautious, watching you with expectant eyes, the guard tense and poised to react swiftly.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
9
Yuki-

Kanna, untrusting of the stone, went to go investigate it with Keif. With the whirlwind of traps that the other two triggered on the way down here, she didn't want to take any further risks. Yufi looked dejected, but she did what she was told and stayed put. Looking back, Kanna could see her daughter was highly fidgety, but at this point, it was the safest thing to do.

Looking at the stone, Kanna stared intently at it as she used her Foresight. Keif, on the other hand, raised himself onto his hind legs and began furiously sniffing the stone. Kief's nose scrunches up, the scent of the stone was offputting. While he recoils, Kanna notices a faint, white glow to the stone. It seemed similar to a ghost Pokemon, but not exactly? Kanna and Kief looked at each other, nodding as they had both reached the same conclusion.

The two of them carefully go back to Yufi, determining that the stone was harmless. With excitement in her eyes, the young Zigzagoon runs up to the stone to go and touch it. And that triggers the trap. The entire room starts to shake as the three exits close. The entire room goes dark, and the white stone begins to float a little bit.

"WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?" A loud voice booms throughout the room. Scared and confused, the group huddles together as they stare at the stone.

"I see, lost travelers," it states as it descends back onto the pedestal.

At this point, Kanna and Kief could see more ghostly energy pour into the stone until a faint facsimile of a Corsola appeared over it. Was it a ghost of the coral Pokemon, its body being used as a protector? Or did it hold more significant value to the temple? Whatever it was, it didn't seem like it wanted to hurt the three of you.

"Travelers, I will give you three trials. My soul is weak and fading, for being confined as this place's protector for so long. These three trials will revitalize my soul, and free me from this prison. Each of these doors leads to a trial that only one of you may do. You three will need to do this concurrently to pass. This is to test the harmony of your familial bonds. I will reward your generously, of course," the Corsola spirit states.

Kanna could tell that it was hurting the entire time it was talking with the group as if it truly needed to be saved. Though, before any questions could be asked, the spirit leaves the stone and it goes silent once more. The doors reopen. With no information about the trials ahead, the group needed to decide who would go to which door.

What do you do?

Zain-

With your orders given once more, Lucifer beings to charge up energy within his horn. The winds around him began to channel and increase in velocity until a mini whirlwind was coating his horn. Your dragon-typed foe watched curiously, almost as if it was pondering what the move was. Your Absol then let our a small cry and swung his horn towards the Gabite. Multiple razor-sharp wind blades crashed into the Gabite. Though, the Dragon seemed unfazed by the attack.

The Gabite then rushes forward, claws once again coated in draconic energy. Slashing at Lucifer, the Absol yelps as he's sent backward. He was barely holding on at this point, while the Gabite seemed as strong as ever. At least, until you closely look at its face. You notice it clutching its teeth, the high powered moves straining it. But, it continues its onslaught.

One more Dragon Claw, that's all it would take to finish Lucifer. If it hit, it was all over and you'd be shark food. Though, that wouldn't come. The dragon rushes forwards, but it won't connect with its mark. Lucifer pushes himself beyond his limits and quickly uses a burst of speed to dodge the attack. He then almost seems to teleport behind the Gabite and pushes the opposing Pokemon directly under the Future Sight. A large burst of psychic energy crashed down into the dragon, smiting it in a brilliant flash of purple. Once it fades, the Gabite lays there, KO'd. Lucifer has gained 3 levels of overcoming this ordeal!

Amara then looks at you, her face filled with disbelief.

"You managed to save me once more, I thank you. We must hurry, the moon will soon be in full view," she states, pointing towards the sky. You notice a seemingly blood-red light shining behind a giant cloud cover.

"We should reach the camp in half an hour, but we must be wary," she states, clutching her wound. It seems like it'd be best to have something to watch your back. Lucifer could do it if you could heal him up, but besides that, there didn't seem like many other options besides running for it.

What do you do?
 
Doesn't Like Change
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
571
Reaction score
6
ConnorFB - Wandering through the Desert of Stars wasn't exactly the first choice for places to go where your attire could be considered appropriate, but at least Julia seemed to be enjoying herself as she jumped from rock to rock, exploring the sands with glee. After stopping to dig through the sand as she watches and waits for a cue from you on where to be going, the Larvitar hops back to running amongst the small rocks jutting out from the sand.

After a bit of hopping on the rough rocks, the Larvitar takes a bit of a tumble, sliding off a surprisingly smooth rock and into a small dune on the other side of stone. The dune doesn't appear to have been made naturally, the drop a bit too sudden to have been caused by the occasional wind of a kicked up sandstorm. Picking herself up from her fall, Julia finds she's fallen on a bit of a peculiarity out here, a large chunk of stone in the shape of a human arm clutching at a similarly stone Pokeball. The detail is immaculate, smooth to the touch and with carving that speaks to the same level of attention to the figure as that of a marble statue in a museum.

A glance around shows no clear signs of what could have caused this dune, let alone the stone arm within it. Surely something must have left some sign to explain the peculiar scene you and your Pokemon have found yourselves stumbling on to?


Missingno. Master - Watching as the Mega Stones take form, you make point to call Meowth out for his incorrect guess as to the Sablenite forming before you, to wit the cat responds by pointing out there's basically no rhyme or reason to the differing colorations of Mega Stones nor easy way to figure out which is which. Jumping back off your shoulder once more, Meowth readies himself for battle by Anion as the battle prepares to get started.

But as Anion rushes in towards the Sableye, a cheap trick awaits the Minun, a swift Sucker Punch reaching out behind the balwark of a gem the gremlin Pokemon holds to deal a decent blow. It doesn't dissuade Anion much, though the Minun is hardly looking well off, and the Nuzzle connects, paralyzing the Mega Sableye. Meanwhile, Meowth prepares for the fight with a Nasty Plot, carefully watching both the Kangaskhan and her joey. But the amount of caution can't quite be enough as both rush in with a Dizzy Punch, the joey connecting in Meowth's stomach while the mother lands a clean blow to the head, leaving Meowth confused once more. Anion attempts to use a cute Growl to get the opponents to back off, a tactic that gives the Mega Kangaskhan some pause for a moment, lowering its attack, but a reflection of the Minun appears in Sableye's shield, the Magic Bounce causing lowering of Anion's own attack. Meowth briefly breaks through some confusion to loose a Swift, small stars striking at the Kangaskhan and its joey, but bouncing harmlessly off the shield of the Sableye, which remains locked up by paralysis.

Just then, the Mega Kangaskhan and its joey rush at Anion, each delivering a Power-Up Punch to the Minun, which due to the damage that has been sustained all around so far, causes Anion to stumble and tumble, falling to the ground unconscious. The Sableye grins, still locked by paralysis as Meowth's confusion prevents his final attack for now, leaving him in a poor state for further fighting.


ChrisClark13 - Gently petting the Eevee to prevent it, too, from jumping at the food you are preparing, the old man listens to your thoughts on the matter of preparing firewood. "I see..." He ponders, unsure of how to help out further. The Eevee then jumps from the man's lap and begins pawing at the dirt nearby, something having caught its attention.

After a short moment of digging, the Eevee returns, a small glimmering yellow stone in its mouth. The man leans down to examine the stone, only for the kit to begin running around in circles, likely wanting to play with its newfound toy. The Eevee rushes over and sets the stone before Annahime, pawing at it repeatedly.

"Oh, I do think that we've found ourselves a fragment of a glowstone!" The man cheers up near immediately. "If it's natural to the area there's sure to be larger chunks nearby." Taking out a small trowel he begins poking at the dirt, ripping up small sections here and there.

Just as your prepared food is becoming ready, the man exclaims once more. "I found a few more bits around. They look like they've chipped off of something much larger." The man glances around the clearing, looking for more of the stone. "But at this rate it will take all night to pull up enough of the stone to actually give us the light we need."

Surely there must be some way to find more of this mysterious glowing crystal, enough to provide a warm glow for your group to sleep safely tonight?


TheKnightsFury - With Zigzagoon now safe and sound in your possession, it's clearly time for a bit of rest from this day which has proven nothing shy of hectic. Motioning to the clearly agitated guard captain, you present the man with the map, pointing out the note that Ralph had left for you peruse. The man carefully reads over the note, muttering under his breath the whole time, irritation only growing as it was made painfully clear that everyone here had been played like nothing short of fools by the con man that called this place a base of operations.

"Well, it's the kingpin I've been trying to nail to the wall, but we can't look the other way on this. There's no telling how much money this Wolfgang has taken out of the city's pockets with this scheme." Rolling up the map, he signals loudly to his men, "Alright boys, we're done here! Wrap it up for further inspection later, we've got another job on our hands."

The remaining guards promptly cease sifting through the various items in the back room, as well as through the few pieces of furniture in the room here, saluting the captain before making their way out front to await further orders.

Rifling through his pockets, the captain produces a small pouch and hands it to you. "It's not much, but a bust is a bust and that boy you held off was at least worth something. Take this $500 and TM Safeguard for the help, and hold on to that Nevermeltice as thanks for the tip." Remembering you had requested help getting back, he motions to the nurse still taking care of the young boy in the corner and releases a Machamp from an Ultra Ball on his belt. "Rosie over here will take good care of you. Good luck out there, kid."

With that, the man heads outside, and some short shouting later the entire group of guardsmen begins running off. The Machamp then heads over to the nurse and the unconscious Kojo, picking up the young man gently while carefully supporting his head and neck.

"Well then, let's get you both back to the Pokemon Center for a checkup of yourselves and your Pokemon, yes?" Rosie puts on her happier face, motioning towards the street. "The captain already has your statement so once you're all rested up you're free to go, and this one can be safely locked up for the trouble after I've got him back in good health."

This marks the end of your Arcane Realm adventure, thanks once again for letting me update you, TKF! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
 
Joined
Dec 11, 2017
Messages
364
Reaction score
11
TheKnightsFury - With Zigzagoon now safe and sound in your possession, it's clearly time for a bit of rest from this day which has proven nothing shy of hectic. Motioning to the clearly agitated guard captain, you present the man with the map, pointing out the note that Ralph had left for you peruse. The man carefully reads over the note, muttering under his breath the whole time, irritation only growing as it was made painfully clear that everyone here had been played like nothing short of fools by the con man that called this place a base of operations.

"Well, it's the kingpin I've been trying to nail to the wall, but we can't look the other way on this. There's no telling how much money this Wolfgang has taken out of the city's pockets with this scheme." Rolling up the map, he signals loudly to his men, "Alright boys, we're done here! Wrap it up for further inspection later, we've got another job on our hands."

The remaining guards promptly cease sifting through the various items in the back room, as well as through the few pieces of furniture in the room here, saluting the captain before making their way out front to await further orders.

Rifling through his pockets, the captain produces a small pouch and hands it to you. "It's not much, but a bust is a bust and that boy you held off was at least worth something. Take this $500 and TM Safeguard for the help, and hold on to that Nevermeltice as thanks for the tip." Remembering you had requested help getting back, he motions to the nurse still taking care of the young boy in the corner and releases a Machamp from an Ultra Ball on his belt. "Rosie over here will take good care of you. Good luck out there, kid."

With that, the man heads outside, and some short shouting later the entire group of guardsmen begins running off. The Machamp then heads over to the nurse and the unconscious Kojo, picking up the young man gently while carefully supporting his head and neck.

"Well then, let's get you both back to the Pokemon Center for a checkup of yourselves and your Pokemon, yes?" Rosie puts on her happier face, motioning towards the street. "The captain already has your statement so once you're all rested up you're free to go, and this one can be safely locked up for the trouble after I've got him back in good health."

This marks the end of your Arcane Realm adventure, thanks once again for letting me update you, TKF! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Xander was a little disappointed that they hadn't managed to bag Ralph. Well, a little disappointed might have been an understatement. After all he'd endured today, taking down that prick might have made it worth it. Instead he had to settle for second best, the cops would hopefully take down Wolfgang, the bastard who'd marked Xander for death. While a heavy concussion was a much better result than death, Xander knew he'd need a bit of time to rest and recover. He accepted the small reward from the captain, pocketing it before making his way over to the medic. The captain's Machamp picked up the unconscious Kojo like he was weightless, the hulking Fighting type's care and tenderness was surprising.

Xander followed Rosie through the streets, eventually reaching the Pokemon Centre. Once there he passed his Pokemon off to one nurse before another took him into another room to examine him. Mild concussion, he'd have to spend a couple of days in the Pokemon Centre, just in case his symptoms worsened. Two days had passed and Xander was about ready to die from boredom. Other than talking to other trainers that came into the Pokemon Centre, there wasn't a lot for him to do. He took the time to plan out some future adventures, he'd spend a bit longer looking around the Arcane Realm, but then he'd head back to the Arboreal Cradle. Finally on the third day, the nurse gave him the all clear to go. Bag pack, supplies replenished and Pokemon completely healed, he was ready for more adventuring, hopefully minus the head knocks.

Claiming the $500, TM Safeguard and Nevermeltice.

Thanks for picking me up and giving me a great adventure Sniz!
 
Fox Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
ChrisClark13 - Gently petting the Eevee to prevent it, too, from jumping at the food you are preparing, the old man listens to your thoughts on the matter of preparing firewood. "I see..." He ponders, unsure of how to help out further. The Eevee then jumps from the man's lap and begins pawing at the dirt nearby, something having caught its attention.

After a short moment of digging, the Eevee returns, a small glimmering yellow stone in its mouth. The man leans down to examine the stone, only for the kit to begin running around in circles, likely wanting to play with its newfound toy. The Eevee rushes over and sets the stone before Annahime, pawing at it repeatedly.

"Oh, I do think that we've found ourselves a fragment of a glowstone!" The man cheers up near immediately. "If it's natural to the area there's sure to be larger chunks nearby." Taking out a small trowel he begins poking at the dirt, ripping up small sections here and there.

Just as your prepared food is becoming ready, the man exclaims once more. "I found a few more bits around. They look like they've chipped off of something much larger." The man glances around the clearing, looking for more of the stone. "But at this rate it will take all night to pull up enough of the stone to actually give us the light we need."

Surely there must be some way to find more of this mysterious glowing crystal, enough to provide a warm glow for your group to sleep safely tonight?
Curtis leaned in to inspect the glowstone, tapping it gently, "Huh, never seen something like that before- or even heard of it."

Annahime sniffs curiously at the piece of glowstone as well. Was the Eevee trying to give her a gift? Hmm, it does glow- so maybe it's kind of a pretty sort of thing? Annahime picks it up with a Psychic for a moment so she can put the glowstone piece in her head-fluff. Hmm, why yes she does suppose it looks rather nice. She looks at the Eevee and gives them a nod, that'll do that'll- wait what.

Curtis plucks the glowstone out of Annahime's fur, looking it over closer and pressing on it to get a feel for it. Shortly thereafter Annahime plucks it back out of his hands and redecorates herself with it. She huffs indignantly at her Trainer, "Pix!" it was a gift to her! How dare he take it! She growls when he bends down to take the pretty stone back. "Vulll-pix!"

Curtis sighs, looking back at the old man, "Just a moment, Annahime's being testy. She does that when she finds something she likes you see..."

He bends down, keeping his hands away from her. He speaks to her pleadingly, as one would to a misbehaving child, "Annahime, I'm not gonna take it- it's yours okay? But look over there at what the other guy is doing- he's digging up more of those glowstones! I bet if we get enough we can make you a necklace or a tiara out of it, or both! Now, I'm going to help him out, but if you don't help too- then none of what we find will be yours and it'll all go to the Eevee instead- yeah?"

He swears he can see sparkles in her eyes as she considers the possibilities, though at the very least her tails are wagging at the thought. Not even giving her Trainer a quick nod, she runs over to where the old man is digging around and starts tearing holes in the ground best she can with applications of Psychic. She then looks back at her Trainer and motions for him to come over... over to the pile of dirt she's ripped up.

"I think she wants me to pick through it..." Curtis groans.

"Pix! Pix!" she nods. Now he's getting it!

Curtis turns around, rolls his eyes, and gets a shovel of his own out of the camping gear he brought along and comes back. He starts to pick through the mess, then stops. "Annahime, here's a better idea. Just throw what you're digging up into the air and let the dirt blow away- yeah? Then we can just pick up anything that glows that didn't get blown away."

Annahime, pleased that her dumb Trainer can apply his brains to things other than battling (and the fact that they're digging up pretty stones helps too!), nods and starts changes up how she's digging with her Psychic- throwing the clumps of dirt up she's grabbing up into the air. Curtis does the same using the shovel. Though it seems that the job of actually picking up the glowstones falls to him and the others, naturally.

Though there's a quick break to eat, once Curtis realizes that he kind of left his food just sitting there. But after a few minutes of forcing down his meal fast as he can (something Annahime does herself naturally), it's back to work.

He hopes the weird digging method he came up with shows some good results and they can find what they need pretty quickly... because Annahime's not gonna last long at the rate she's using up her energy- even with all that food she just ate.
 
Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
1,950
Reaction score
11
Missingno. Master - Watching as the Mega Stones take form, you make point to call Meowth out for his incorrect guess as to the Sablenite forming before you, to wit the cat responds by pointing out there's basically no rhyme or reason to the differing colorations of Mega Stones nor easy way to figure out which is which. Jumping back off your shoulder once more, Meowth readies himself for battle by Anion as the battle prepares to get started.

But as Anion rushes in towards the Sableye, a cheap trick awaits the Minun, a swift Sucker Punch reaching out behind the balwark of a gem the gremlin Pokemon holds to deal a decent blow. It doesn't dissuade Anion much, though the Minun is hardly looking well off, and the Nuzzle connects, paralyzing the Mega Sableye. Meanwhile, Meowth prepares for the fight with a Nasty Plot, carefully watching both the Kangaskhan and her joey. But the amount of caution can't quite be enough as both rush in with a Dizzy Punch, the joey connecting in Meowth's stomach while the mother lands a clean blow to the head, leaving Meowth confused once more. Anion attempts to use a cute Growl to get the opponents to back off, a tactic that gives the Mega Kangaskhan some pause for a moment, lowering its attack, but a reflection of the Minun appears in Sableye's shield, the Magic Bounce causing lowering of Anion's own attack. Meowth briefly breaks through some confusion to loose a Swift, small stars striking at the Kangaskhan and its joey, but bouncing harmlessly off the shield of the Sableye, which remains locked up by paralysis.

Just then, the Mega Kangaskhan and its joey rush at Anion, each delivering a Power-Up Punch to the Minun, which due to the damage that has been sustained all around so far, causes Anion to stumble and tumble, falling to the ground unconscious. The Sableye grins, still locked by paralysis as Meowth's confusion prevents his final attack for now, leaving him in a poor state for further fighting.
As the battle began, Keith got a nasty feeling it wasn't going to work in his favor so easily. Sure enough, Sableye landed a Sucker Punch on Anion, and Kangaskhan was just landing some powerful hits. Also, Keith wasn't sure what the hell he was thinking when he gave his orders, but in doing so, he seemed to have missed some quite crucial details about Mega Sableye. First and foremost, Magic Bounce- Mega Sableye's Ability, which allowed it to hit Anion with her own Growl, lowering her Attack. At least it didn't shield Kangaskhan from the move, Keith reasoned. And second, in ordering Meowth to use Swift, he appeared to have somehow forgotten than Sableye was a Ghost-type, and thus totally immune to Normal!

Things hardly got better from there. Before Keith knew it, Meowth was stumbling around, too confused to even get off the Shadow Wave, which was just as well, because Anion was too unconscious to try and power it up with Helping Hand- after all the damage the Minun had taken thus far, the Power-Up Punch from Kangaskhan was the straw that broke the Numel's back.

"Gah... Meowth, dat's right..." Meowth mumbled as he stumbled.

Keith groaned loudly- this wasn't good! His Pokémon were getting picked off with almost absurd ease. Dennis and Stewie still hadn't recovered from the battle against that giant Skuntank, Aster had fallen to the Golurk, and now Anion was down and Meowth was confused. Keith had one Pokémon left who was still in very good shape, but he'd kinda been hoping to save that one until the time came to confront Dusknoir directly. But there was no getting around it- they needed Chuck, and they needed him now.

"Anion, come back now!" Keith declared, holding out the Fast Ball and withdrawing the Minun. Then, he held out another Poké Ball- with the circumstances being what they were, he was pretty sure its occupant would agree that this qualified as an emergency. "Meowth, return!" he added, withdrawing the confused cat, only to send him right back out, the idea being that the short stay in the sphere would get rid of the confusion. Then, as Keith placed Anion's Fast Ball back on his belt, he took another Poké Ball off and enlarged it. "OK... Chuck, we need you now!" he exclaimed, throwing the ball and unleashing a grinning Gengar into the cave.

The Ghost/Poison-type turned to face Keith. "Once again?" he inquired.

Keith nodded. "No time to waste," he replied.

Chuck gave a nod. "As I suspected," he stated. "Let's do this."

With that, Keith gripped the brim of his Mega Hat. "Chuck!" he declared. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared. And once more, Chuck underwent that incredible transformation, becoming the formidable
right before their eyes!


Chuck's Gengarite is reacting to Keith's Mega Hat!



!!!

!!!!

!!!!!




Chuck has Mega Evolved into Mega Gengar!​
"Now, let's do this!" Keith declared. "Meowth, use Breaking Swipe, Shadow Wave, and Breaking Swipe again! Chuck, nail them both with Dazzling Gleam, then use Drain Punch on the Kangaskhan, and Hex on the Sableye!
 
Wistful
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
ConnorFB - Wandering through the Desert of Stars wasn't exactly the first choice for places to go where your attire could be considered appropriate, but at least Julia seemed to be enjoying herself as she jumped from rock to rock, exploring the sands with glee. After stopping to dig through the sand as she watches and waits for a cue from you on where to be going, the Larvitar hops back to running amongst the small rocks jutting out from the sand.

After a bit of hopping on the rough rocks, the Larvitar takes a bit of a tumble, sliding off a surprisingly smooth rock and into a small dune on the other side of stone. The dune doesn't appear to have been made naturally, the drop a bit too sudden to have been caused by the occasional wind of a kicked up sandstorm. Picking herself up from her fall, Julia finds she's fallen on a bit of a peculiarity out here, a large chunk of stone in the shape of a human arm clutching at a similarly stone Pokeball. The detail is immaculate, smooth to the touch and with carving that speaks to the same level of attention to the figure as that of a marble statue in a museum.

A glance around shows no clear signs of what could have caused this dune, let alone the stone arm within it. Surely something must have left some sign to explain the peculiar scene you and your Pokemon have found yourselves stumbling on to?

Try as he might, Sweeney could not manage to keep pace with Julia. The Larvitar was much more equipped to manoeuvre the surroundings than her trainer, and Atlantis found amusement in the awkward gait Sweeney was having to adopt in his attempt to stay close behind. As Julia tumbles down an unexpected dune, Sweeney rushes, nearly tripping himself as the uneven sands shift beneath him. As he finds Julia, his interest is immediately seized by the strange statue she had happened upon. Running his gloved fingers over the intricate detailing, Sweeney muses on the peculiarity of the discovery - he would be unwilling to admit it, but there was a distinct suspicious edge. How did this end up in the desert? The condition indicated it was unlikely to have been here for a protracted period of time - erosion would have obliterated most of the finery. Frowning concealed by his visor, resolving to get to the bottom of the mystery, Sweeney indicates for Julia to investigate further, tapping his helmet to urge Atlantis to do the same.

With a roll of his eyes, the Kabuto leaps from his perch and onto the sand, nodding towards Julia and considering the situation at hand. Neither were particularly suited to excavation. Sweeney crosses his arms at this, before coming up with something of a plan. Calling Lancelot out, Sweeney allows the Slowking to pass instructions on, preparing to join in the effort. Julia would look to remove as much sand as she could by simply eating it, facilitated by her Bite attack. Atlantis would assist by using Icy Wind to blow away as much of the dune as possible - while Lancelot would bring up the rear, using Strength to try drag the statue from it's current position. Sweeney, meanwhile, would walk around the perimeter of the seemingly unnatural dune, attempting to make some sort of sense of the absurdity.
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
Mask: Umberto takes your praise with a beaming grin, crossing one arm across his chest in acknowledging salute. Victor seems as enthused as his trainer, the Charmeleon now wearing a toothy smirk as he crouches low to the dirt. Streamlining his body, the Charmeleon rockets towards Gigas, looking to catch the typically slovenly Snorlax off guard - of course, Gigas is no such sloth. Victor finally closes the distance, using his powerful legs to propel himself into the air. Tail used as balance, the Charmeleon performs a neat pirouette to fuel a violent kick - but to his surprise, his swinging leg is met keenly. A pale cyan gauntlet encasing his fist, Gigas grits his teeth as he puts his entire weight behind the blow. With a small explosion, Victor is sent hurtling away, Gigas having manged to win the bout of power, courtesy of the sizeable disparity in mass. Startled, Victor twists to reset his stance as he lands with surprising grace, exhaling sharply and narrowing his eyes. Composure regained, the reptile lunges forth, determined to maintain his assault.

Victor moves with purpose, his angle of attack shifted this time. Approaching from Gigas' right, the Charmeleon coats his tail in a hardened silver aura, the metallic casing strengthening the appendage as he once again leaps high. His anticipation of Gigas' movement is much more prepared this time however, and as the Snorlax attempts to catch the Iron Tail between his fangs, both Pokemon are thrown off somewhat. Despite this, Gigas perseveres, clamping his jaws shut and capitalising on what leverage he has to jerk forcefully. Victor careens into the ground, colliding painfully - but afforded just enough time to cushion the impact slightly. With a furious scowl, the Fire type retreating to create some space, eyeing Gigas warily and waiting for his next opportunity.

Umberto stands similarly cautious, watching you with expectant eyes, the guard tense and poised to react swiftly.


He had been told before that a Pokemon battle was much like a dance. There was a rhythm to it, a perfect cadence, that made each one-on-one clash a unique opportunity to create art.

Kou had never been one to regard battles as an art form, unlike his mother, the author of that saying - but he wholeheartedly embraced the magical balance of each clash, like a pendulum of offense and defense. When a Trainer attacked, the other reacted, until the scales shifted and momentum swung the other way.

Such was the case here. Victor the Charmeleon had chargrled, and Gigas had countered perfectly, but now it would be the other way around. Kou knew that his Snorlax's superior strength meant that each blow counted a lot, but also that his weakest moments were the ones when he led the offense - sluggish movements were easier to counter, and Charmeleon was nimbler.

Furthermore, we're out of tricks. They've seen everything we have apart from Flamethrower, and that won't help against this foe...

A decision had to be made, however. Being overly-analytical was rarely beneficial, he'd learned that the hard way some years prior.

"Keep them at bay! Use Hyper Voice again!"

Gigas, however, seemed to have something else in mind. Throwing Kou a thumbs-up, he bellowed out a powerful Hyper Voice indeed, but aimed at Charmeleon's feet, looking to kick up as much dust as possible with the blast... Why?!

Then, uninstructed, he began to charge full-speed ahead, and as he went, golden energy surrounded his body, causing Gigas to speed up like an engine kicking into a higher gear!

"I... I've seen that before..."

It was the move they had been trying to master, to no avail, for months now. He'd finally learned it...

"Good job Gigas! Give it all you got! High Horsepower!"
 
Wistful
Joined
Mar 4, 2020
Messages
55
Reaction score
1
Mask: As the Hyper Voice smashes into the ground, a billowing cloud of dust explodes forth. This distraction works as intended, as you hear Umberto frantically conveying instructions, his tone finally cut with tension. The thunderous footfall of Gigas has seemed to spark a flash of inspiration within the guard, his reaction clinical.

"Victor, return fire with a Counter!"

The screen soon starts to dissipate, Gigas' line of attack clear. With tremendous effort, the Snorlax crashes towards Victor. Despite this, the Cjarmeleon remains resolute, his figure hunched and arms raised in a tensed guard. Body glistening with intense energy, Gigas unleashes a booming roar, abruptly concentrating the flickering aura around a clenched fist and smashing Victor with unrestrained, explosive force. Much to his surprise, Gigas does not blow the much smaller Pokemon away as had previously happened. Instead, Victor manages to absorb the shock, his eyes narrowing as his resistance seemingly falters - but then the Charmeleon hisses. The flame of his tail glows white hot as the lizard slugs Gigas back, the Snorlax a sitting duck as his stomach folds in on itself, the venomous strike causing the Snorlax to involuntarily buckle. For a moment it seems Gigas will collapse, but with visible exertion he catches himself on a heavy set foot, face contorted into a mixed visage of agony and determination. Victor, seeing this, creates some distance - but it is painfully evident that the Charmeleon is hurting too, his movement uncertain and sluggish, accompanied by twitching winces. One more push would be the end of either Pokemon, and Umberto is similarly aware of this reality. His voice calm but urgent, the guard issues his final orders.

"Finish as we began! Dragon Pulse!"
 
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
524
Reaction score
14
Mask: As the Hyper Voice smashes into the ground, a billowing cloud of dust explodes forth. This distraction works as intended, as you hear Umberto frantically conveying instructions, his tone finally cut with tension. The thunderous footfall of Gigas has seemed to spark a flash of inspiration within the guard, his reaction clinical.

"Victor, return fire with a Counter!"

The screen soon starts to dissipate, Gigas' line of attack clear. With tremendous effort, the Snorlax crashes towards Victor. Despite this, the Cjarmeleon remains resolute, his figure hunched and arms raised in a tensed guard. Body glistening with intense energy, Gigas unleashes a booming roar, abruptly concentrating the flickering aura around a clenched fist and smashing Victor with unrestrained, explosive force. Much to his surprise, Gigas does not blow the much smaller Pokemon away as had previously happened. Instead, Victor manages to absorb the shock, his eyes narrowing as his resistance seemingly falters - but then the Charmeleon hisses. The flame of his tail glows white hot as the lizard slugs Gigas back, the Snorlax a sitting duck as his stomach folds in on itself, the venomous strike causing the Snorlax to involuntarily buckle. For a moment it seems Gigas will collapse, but with visible exertion he catches himself on a heavy set foot, face contorted into a mixed visage of agony and determination. Victor, seeing this, creates some distance - but it is painfully evident that the Charmeleon is hurting too, his movement uncertain and sluggish, accompanied by twitching winces. One more push would be the end of either Pokemon, and Umberto is similarly aware of this reality. His voice calm but urgent, the guard issues his final orders.

"Finish as we began! Dragon Pulse!"
Kou watched as Gigas's new move almost won them the match, only to almost cost them that same match mere seconds later. It had taken them months to perfect High Horsepower, and to see his companion pull it off that flawlessly was inspiring. But on the other hand…

To think that Charmeleon would know Counter, of all things... Sir Umberto has indeed covered all his bases. If he’s a mere gate soldier, how much stronger can the Emperor’s personal guard be?

Gigas, like most Snorlax, excelled at raw physical strength. But Kou had realized early on in their journey that lacking any sort of range, especially for such a slow Pokemon, was a significant handicap.

His Pokemon is faster, and can counter physical strikes hurled at it head-on. I've seen it happen before, anyone with even a passing interest in the professional circuit has...

Images of the last Kalosian League came to his mind. Gladion, the fan favourite and owner of the only Silvally known to exist in the world, was defeated by a Trainer from Kanto thanks to that very move in the upset of the decade.

"I won't make the same mistake."

Gigas was struggling to even control his breathing, but the giant hadn't been slain yet. In fact, hearing Kou's resolute words, the Snorlax smirked, despite his clear exhaustion.

"You are a remarkable opponent, sir. I wonder if we would even be a match for you were Victor fully evolved... Still."

He clenched his fist and lifted it to point at Charmeleon.

"We'll finish this as we started, indeed! Hyper Voice!"
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
9
Liltwick – Your mind reels are you rant off questions and complaints in rapid-fire, and the Kadabra takes them all in with calm. It then begins simply enough by confirming your first suspicion.

“Indeed, this is the ‘Forest of Wands’, as so named by your species. Unfortunately, this host’s power has been significantly drained by my sister’s machinations, so I was not able to take us far. However, the magic here runs deep, and will shield us from my sister’s eyes for a while as this vessel recovers its mana reserves in the meantime.”

Seeing you raise an eyebrow at the third person expression, it continues on in a detached manner.

“As you may have surmised, the spirit with whom you are currently communicating is not Kadabra’s. My sister and I at the moment are but projecting our souls, whilst our original forms still sleep safely beneath the water’s surface. As for our identities… You may perhaps know us best by our modern monikers: I am Uxie, Keeper of Knowledge, and the one you saw before was Mesprit, Bringer of Emotion.”

It bows before you in civil introduction, as your jaw drops upon realizing you are in fact faced with an ancient creature of myth; albeit as a mere shadow, like a mirror’s misted reflection. But if they were only two members of the Legendary Lake Trio, that meant the third…?

“Not long ago, poachers came to disturb our bed of rest. Only their intent was not to capture, but hunt us for sport and claim our jewels as trophies. My sister Azelf was awakened first from her slumber and tried to flee, but ultimately perished at the poacher’s hands. Hence why my other sister and I have taken measures to prevent physical harm to our own bodies through this indirect method of interaction.”

Though it still speaks with an eerily dispassionate and impartial tone – cold and concise, like succinctly summarizing a scientific proof – “Kadabra” closes its eyes as it recounts the tale, thus resembling its true persona upon recalling what is surely a painful memory.

“You may be aware of how our existence serves to maintain control over the rulers of Time and Space, Dialga and Palkia. With one link of the Red Chain broken, the beasts have already begun to run rampant. You’ve no doubt heard of the rift that has opened near the place you call ‘New Fizz City’, allowing travelers to pass through its gate to eras memoriam. While an issue in itself, it is not one of pressing concern for the time being. The rip is small and can be easily repaired. Rather, my sister’s grief and rage-fueled rampage may result in this universe’s unraveling even before the tear has a chance to grow.”

It then points up at the sky, which even through the filtered treetop canopy you can tell is much darker than before, as if the sun is slowly being consumed by shade.

“If Mesprit is able to complete her mourning ritual, then the ‘dragon who swallows the sun’ shall arise and wreak its vengeance for being sealed away. The only way to defeat it is by gathering three sacred relics: the Mirror, the Sword, and the Stone. …As luck would have it, the Sword is said to lie somewhere within these very woods.”

It then lowers its gaze back towards you, wearing a sympathetic but solemn countenance.

“I apologize for getting you involved in all this. For myself, I bear no particular hatred towards humans. However, my sister has allowed Emotion to cloud her judgment. Without Willpower, she knows naught but to throw a tantrum like a child. She forgets her duty and wishes death upon this world before its appointed time. …For you see, our roles perform another purpose.”

To illustrate its point, it snaps its fingers, and the thin crimson wire from before appears again in the air, faint but thankfully intact as it hums and hangs from the heart still beating strong behind your breast.

“All beings possess a lifeline which was spun by Azelf before birth. I measure the thread to determine the length allotted, and Mesprit cuts the cord when that creature’s time is up. This world too, has a lifeline of its own. That is how I know it is not yet destined to die. Though she is unable to terminate it alone at this time, if the serpent is successfully summoned then all is lost.”

It flicks once more, and the strand dispels.

“What you choose to do now is up to you. As I’ve stated, I have no personal quarrel with your kind as a whole, and recognize as an individual you share zero responsibility in instigating or resolving any wrongdoing; so you may leave at any time if you so desire. …However, it pains me to admit this, but with this weakened state I doubt I will be able to sense the Sword’s presence on my own, let alone fend off an attack if she finds out what I’m up to. Since she herself has been feeding off the abundant magic in this realm by harnessing its ley lines, it’s only a matter of time before she is able to track my energy trail. Truth be told, I could use some assistance.”

How do you reply?

All of this information just confused Leo. All he wanted to do was learn from a master patissier, not end up on a quest to help one of the Lake Trio. And some of this felt wrong for him. Azelf was always depicted as a more masculine figure. And he, she, whatever is dead? And Mesprit is taking out her rage on trying to summon Giratina? It just feels a little all out there.

"I-I'm sorry but this is all too much for me. I'm not all too familiar with Sinnoh mythology but this feels just, different from what I know. I almost got sacrificed by a demonic Blissey apparently being possessed by the Pokemon of Emotion. I'm not even the heroic type... I use to be a member of an apparent evil organization.," Leo stated, feeling confused and downtrodden. Part of him wanted to help but, just, he didn't know if he could.

He looked at his team, all of who had varying reactions. Custard flew over to him and tried to comfort his trainer. The Togetic knew that the boy never dealt well with pressure. The Pokemon didn't really know how his trainer was in the past. They met after Leo was a part of Team Skull, but the Fairy-type knew there was always something that he didn't really want to talk about.

Pie and Carrot, on the other hand, simply looked confused. They never had seen their trainer like this before. The Carbink gently floated over and nuzzled up to Leo's foot, trying to reassure him. Though, that was short-lived as the Snorlax lifted up the trainer and gave him a giant hug.

"Thanks, guys, I really needed that. Look Uxie, I'm sorry but, I'm no hero. I can help out in finding you a champion, sure, but I'm not going to be restricted by that role. Heroes always die in the end..." he mumbled, his gaze distant and faded.
 
No need for the disco
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
7
Raves-

Drawn in by the spider lilies, you reach towards their scarlet petals. The warmth increased as reached closer, and it soon felt like you were pushing your hand through a warm, sticky substance. It felt akin to a pool of blood, but nothing in the area suggested there was actual blood. You then grazed the flowers, and their tendril like petals tickled under your hand. As you reach closer, you feel something... fluffy. You then feel an incredibly heat and instinctively pull your hand back. A small plume of embers come from within the flower patch, but the plants themselves did not catch. They were not natural.

There was then some rustling in the fields of flowers as something flew out. You could see a patch of white followed by some red spires. But the vision soon faded as the area turned dark.

"Damn it!"

You heard someone shout, the sound echoing throughout the meadow. Looking over, you could see one of the mages look a little charred as a thunder cloud hung above them. They then sent out a Psyduck, who quacked in confusion before noticing the dark, storming mass above. It then tilted its head, and the storm started to clear it due to its Cloud Nine ability.

You then take notice that the flowers started to glow a bright crimson red. They were to be drawing in the magical energy of the failed magical experiment. The area also felt warmer as well. At the point Xigua was inching his way towards the flowers, the Wimpod strangely attracted to the warmth as well, and started to tug at one. It couldn't hurt to pick just one for him, could it?

What do you do?
Curiosity was often something lethal to pretty much anything feline in nature metaphorically, yet as the teen was attracted to the scarlet flowers, he could do little but reach for them and caress them a little. They seemed strangely warm, and as he neared them, the warmth seemed to grow, as if he was trying to push through some hot gluey air. It was odd, certainly, but even moreso was the fact that despite feeling like blood, there wasn't anything akin to the substance among them. Touching the spider lilies, Rory could feel the petals tickle him, a soft tremble rippling through his arm as he came closer, before coming across something unusually fluffy. Flowers weren't usually this fluffy-

"!"

Rory gasped aloud as a sudden surge of heat emanated from within the patch and as he drew the limb back swiftly, Xigua squeaked in surprise as a small burst of embers flecked into the air. Was that some sort of defensive mechanism, and were these plants hunting? He had certainly heard of carnivorous plants, and there were certainly tales of explorers haplessly entering jungles and falling foul of the Victreebel species.

"W-wait, that's not right...flowers don't normally spit fire?"

His train of thought was derailed as something darted out of the spider lilies and as he tried to make out the blur, he could see some white, with what seemed like small red points, but before he could ponder on the mystery, the sky suddenly darkened as one of the mages evidently had trouble with one of their spells, appearing a little inged as the crackle of lightning above him answered the question of what likely happened. The sorceror then summoned forth a silly yellow ducklike creature which quacked dimly before noticing the storm cloud above.

This distraction however was enough for the teen to forget what he had seen, and as far as he knew something white had run out of the flowers. Flowers that appeared to be glowing deeply, as if absorbing the energy of the failed spell. Things also felt somewhat warm as well, with Xigua interested in the flowers, seemingly tugging at one gently as the Elgyem hovered overhead. While Rory may have forgot in the rush of things, the observant psychic type had an inkling on what just happened, but appeared to say nothing of the sort, as if willing to let fate take its course.

"Hold on a sec, Xig, lemme get that for ya," Rory said calmly, motioning for his starter to step back while he pulled out a small knife from his pocket, one which had seen quite the uses when out in the field, and reached down carefully to try and snip the flower the Wimpod had interest in.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
9

Raves-

You snip the flower from its stem, you feel an immense warmth rush through you. It felt invigorating at first, but then your blood started to boil. The spider lily started to ooze out an ichorous substance, covering your arm. It started rushing from the flower, covering Xigua at first, and then the rest of the meadow. No one seemed to notice it but you, but for that, it seemed to be too late.

Everything was red now, and the smell of iron permeated the air. The area was enveloped within a red mist, causing it to feel extremely humid. But, it was warm and inviting. You felt dizzy but euphoric as the mist drew you in. It was intoxicating, and it was obviously not just you that was being affected. Xigua and Stasis were both affected by this mist, seeming to have the time of their lives.

Then, everything went dark. You could no longer see your Pokemon, hear the people around you, or even feel. All of your senses were gone, except for the flower you still held in your hand. Its magic served as a sort of anchor within this darkness.

"The end of something old, the start of something new. But now, with new-found purpose."

You felt the words probe your mind, the flower glowing a vivid crimson as they did. Was the flower the one communicating with you? It certainly felt like it, but at the same time, you really didn't know. It was hard to discern things within this void.

"Now come, receiving the passage of your Judgement child."

The warmth left the flower, and you felt like you were about to drift away into nothingness.

In Darkness Blooms the Spider Lily
Camellias for the Body
Violets for the Heart
And Asters for the Soul


You hear an ancient voice whisper. Archaic magics were stirring, far beyond your control or comprehension. Everything then turned to white, and you could feel yourself having control over your body once more.

Looking around, the meadow looked different. Everything was covered in white... Snow. It was certainly snow. You could see your Pokemon looking around confused. Wasn't it just bright and sunny a moment ago? Looking at your hand, you still held the Spider Lily, it looking as it was before you cut it.

What just happened? Judgment? It certainly fits the name of this place, but it was all so confusing. The only thing you had to work off of was that weird poem if you could call it that. You do notice, though, that there seems to be a faint light ahead. Is it just the sun gleaming off of the snow, or something more?

What do you do?
 
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
5
Liltwick – Confused and overwhelmed by all this new information at once, you find yourself balking at the daunting mission set before you. A hero? You? Surely there must be some sort of mistake… You’re not cut out for these kinds of epic quests, considering your own association with an “evil” organization in the past… Sensing growing distress as you retreat into painful memories, your Pokémon surround their trainer in concern, unaware of whatever dark history you’ve been hiding but ready to help reassure all the same. Custard hovers worriedly by your head in an attempt to comfort, as Carrot covers the lower half by gently nudging your foot – only for both to be outdone by Pie as he gathers you up in a great big Bewear hug.

The air and anxiety literally almost squeezed out of you, you smile in thanks to your companions for their efforts in cheering you up. Though still reserved, you agree to assist Uxie for the time being, at least until another, more fitting champion can be found. Once again, confidence falters as you grimly contemplate the tragic fates that oft befall “heroes” in the end…

“I appreciate your willingness to embark on this journey for now, even if you feel it is not your forte. Rest assured, I have no intention to hold you to this task. If at any point you no longer wish to continue on, then simply say the word and I will do my best to return you from whence you came.”

Hearing the final foreboding remark muttered under your breath, Uxie adds:

“If it is any consolation, I can tell you that your life thread is not destined to end anytime in the near future, so take that as you will.”

With that, it turns and begins heading off into the woods, as you shrug and shadow after – albeit still somewhat reluctantly. …After what feels like hours of aimless wandering though, it seems as if you’ve made no progress at all. The trees look the same as ever, and you start to suspect perhaps you’ve just been walking in one giant circle. Even the Kadabra’s form beside you appears to be furrowing its brow further in unease, faded powers utterly failing to pinpoint its destination’s direction and thus unable to formulate a proper plan.

Just then, Custard suddenly calls out in alarm as you spin around to discover Carrot is nowhere to be seen. Pie blinks in nervous bewilderment at the bunny’s absence, having not noticed anything amiss until the Togetic took note their friend was no longer following. As you cast apprehensively about for where the rock rabbit might have gone, you think you can hear a faint giggling up above in the treetops…

What do you do?
 
Last edited:
~¤Sea Priestess¤~
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
5
Yuki-

Kanna, untrusting of the stone, went to go investigate it with Keif. With the whirlwind of traps that the other two triggered on the way down here, she didn't want to take any further risks. Yufi looked dejected, but she did what she was told and stayed put. Looking back, Kanna could see her daughter was highly fidgety, but at this point, it was the safest thing to do.

Looking at the stone, Kanna stared intently at it as she used her Foresight. Keif, on the other hand, raised himself onto his hind legs and began furiously sniffing the stone. Kief's nose scrunches up, the scent of the stone was offputting. While he recoils, Kanna notices a faint, white glow to the stone. It seemed similar to a ghost Pokemon, but not exactly? Kanna and Kief looked at each other, nodding as they had both reached the same conclusion.

The two of them carefully go back to Yufi, determining that the stone was harmless. With excitement in her eyes, the young Zigzagoon runs up to the stone to go and touch it. And that triggers the trap. The entire room starts to shake as the three exits close. The entire room goes dark, and the white stone begins to float a little bit.

"WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?" A loud voice booms throughout the room. Scared and confused, the group huddles together as they stare at the stone.

"I see, lost travelers," it states as it descends back onto the pedestal.

At this point, Kanna and Kief could see more ghostly energy pour into the stone until a faint facsimile of a Corsola appeared over it. Was it a ghost of the coral Pokemon, its body being used as a protector? Or did it hold more significant value to the temple? Whatever it was, it didn't seem like it wanted to hurt the three of you.

"Travelers, I will give you three trials. My soul is weak and fading, for being confined as this place's protector for so long. These three trials will revitalize my soul, and free me from this prison. Each of these doors leads to a trial that only one of you may do. You three will need to do this concurrently to pass. This is to test the harmony of your familial bonds. I will reward your generously, of course," the Corsola spirit states.

Kanna could tell that it was hurting the entire time it was talking with the group as if it truly needed to be saved. Though, before any questions could be asked, the spirit leaves the stone and it goes silent once more. The doors reopen. With no information about the trials ahead, the group needed to decide who would go to which door.

What do you do?
As Kief and Kanna cautiously approached the centerpiece, the former lifted himself on his hind legs in order to sniff feverishly all over, snout wrinkling as a rather repellant odor filled his nostrils. Whilst he withdrew, Kanna squinted closely at the stone, seeming to notice a faint film of white enveloping like an embryo sac. There was something ethereal about the skeletal substance, slightly translucent and dream-like... Still, there didn't seem to be anything overtly dangerous about the ovoid object, so she nodded to her partner and the two returned to their increasingly impatient daughter waiting by the entrance, who was already bouncing around restlessly in anticipation of her mother and father's findings.

Upon hearing the good news that the rock appeared relatively harmless and being granted permission to go forth and investigate herself, Yufi eagerly bounded forward to try and touch the temptation. ...As soon as she made contact with the outer casing though, another trap triggered as tremors traveled out from the epicenter, causing the entire chamber to quake violently as the three other open doorways slammed shut all of a sudden. Lights dimmed as the orb began to rise slowly, burning bright like a bulb as it now offered the only source of illumination amidst total darkness.

"WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?"

A deafening roar filled the room as the frightened family huddled together, gaping wide-eyed at the shiny glowing sphere hovering above their heads; terrified they had somehow invoked the wrath of the moon goddess herself, complete with dark craters and patches. Marred by maria.

"I see, lost travelers," the marble murmured more softly as it gently declined back onto its resting, taking on the soothing tone of a planetarium's narrator instead. Like a spinning celestial lamp, the globe's crust began to crack, starry points peeking out from the shell as they hatched into luminous beams, extending out and forming crystalline branches. A tired pair of pale pink eyes blinked open, dead and soulless sockets gazing wearily at the three confused critters before it.

"Travelers, I will give you three trials. My soul is weak and fading, for being confined as this place's protector for so long. These three trials will revitalize my soul, and free me from this prison. Each of these doors leads to a trial that only one of you may do. You three will need to do this concurrently to pass. This is to test the harmony of your familial bonds. I will reward you generously, of course."

Kanna sensed a great pain in the spirit's words as it spoke, fortunately with no hint of hostility either. Rather, it seemed desperate for its soul to be saved, though the animated image faded before they could ask any further questions, once again leaving nothing but a cold and lifeless boulder. Its structure had evoked familiarity though, rather resembling another favored member of their trainer's team... What could've happened to the poor creature for it to end up trapped here for all eternity, even in the afterlife?

"Mama, the stone sounded really sad... We should try to help it..."

Yufi looked pleadingly up at her parents, who glanced at one another before regarding the doors with a mix of wonder and concern. As much as they would like to assist, the idea of splitting up sounded like a dangerous idea, especially when they had no idea what kind of "trials" awaited them... Still, they all agreed they couldn't stay here at least if they wanted to find a way back to Jess - lest they ultimately become prisoners of the temple themselves. After a long period of heavy consulting, during which Kanna warned Yufi repeatedly not to take any unnecessary risks whilst alone, the trio finally decided on which way to go. Giving one last heartfelt group hug (wherein Kanna squeezed the Zigzagoon so tight almost to the point she couldn't breathe), the group promised to stay safe and meet up together again, as Kief went to the left, Kanna to the right, and Yufi to the remaining final corridor...
 
Last edited:
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
9
Liltwick – Confused and overwhelmed by all this new information at once, you find yourself balking at the daunting mission set before you. A hero? You? Surely there must be some sort of mistake… You’re not cut out for these kinds of epic quests, considering your own association with an “evil” organization in the past… Sensing growing distress as you retreat into painful memories, your Pokémon surround their trainer in concern, unaware of whatever dark history you’ve been hiding but ready to help reassure all the same. Custard hovers worriedly by your head in an attempt to comfort, as Carrot covers the lower half by gently nudging your foot – only for both to be outdone by Pie as he gathers you up in a great big Bewear hug.

The air and anxiety literally almost squeezed out of you, you smile in thanks to your companions for their efforts in cheering you up. Though still reserved, you agree to assist Uxie for the time being, at least until another, more fitting champion can be found. Once again, confidence falters as you grimly contemplate the tragic fates that oft befall “heroes” in the end…

“I appreciate your willingness to embark on this journey for now, even if you feel it is not your forte. Rest assured, I have no intention to hold you to this task. If at any point you no longer wish to continue on, then simply say the word and I will do my best to return you from whence you came.”

Hearing the final foreboding remark muttered under your breath, Uxie adds:

“If it is any consolation, I can tell you that your life thread is not destined to end anytime in the near future, so take that as you will.”

With that, it turns and begins heading off into the woods, as you shrug and shadow after – albeit still somewhat reluctantly. …After what feels like hours of aimless wandering though, it seems as if you’ve made no progress at all. The trees look the same as ever, and you start to suspect perhaps you’ve just been walking in one giant circle. Even the Kadabra’s form beside you appears to be furrowing its brow further in unease, faded powers utterly failing to pinpoint its destination’s direction and thus unable to formulate a proper plan.

Just then, Custard suddenly calls out in alarm as you spin around to discover Carrot is nowhere to be seen. Pie blinks in nervous bewilderment at the bunny’s absence, having not noticed anything amiss until the Togetic took note their friend was no longer following. As you cast apprehensively about for where the rock rabbit might have gone, you think you can hear a faint giggling up above in the treetops…

What do you do?

Even if he wasn't fated to die soon, it really didn't give him any sort of consolation. This was way too out of his element. He just didn't know exactly what he was supposed to do here. Even if Uxie was dejected, he felt almost apathetic. Like a part of him just didn't even exist. There was no fire, or passion in this sort of situation. He was almost killed, and he didn't know how to process this.

Taking a deep breath, he looked past the Kadabra and walked forwards. He didn't care at this rate. This wasn't why he was here. He wasn't actively searching for some grand adventure. Sure, there were times he helped play the hero, thinking back to his recent trip to the Arboreal Cradle. But, that was different. It was just... a bygone dream. Or was it the strangest reality? Or did he never wake up, and this too was part of his dreams. Perhaps he was still in that clearing with Sprinkles, sleeping under the stars.

Besides, even if it wasn't a dream... Why would Mesprit go into a rage like this? Even if Azelf didn't exist at this rate, there was still the issue of Dialga's Gate. It was slowly consuming the area around New Fizz City day after day. Even if it was a strange temporal rift... it was the lake trio's duty to keep Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all in check. That much he knew of Sinnoh's lore.

Things just... didn't add up. Nothing here added up. He continued to wander through the woods, lost in these cyclical thoughts. Even if he was moving forwards, it felt like he was going in circles. So, the question was, where was the lie? This was a scenario that shouldn't happen. A scenario beyond him to really understand.

Through his musings, Leo didn't notice that Carrot had disappeared. It took Custard slapping him in the face to snap him from this stupor. The Togetic pointed out that the Carbink was gone, and Pie was looking pretty worried. Looking around, the Carbink was nowhere in sight. Surely he was with them, right?

Leo held Honey's Pokeball, wondering if the Cutiefly was in enough of a state to help out. The Battle against the Braixen was taking, certainly. Then, if that wasn't an option, what was? The pie had to track down Custard earlier, and the Snorlax has a one-track nose, to say the least.

Then he heard a faint noise coming from the trees. It almost sounded like... giggling? Some sort of spirit was up to some tricks, to say the least. But, it didn't really matter now, did it? By some stroke of fate, he'd find Carrot again. This sort of lethargy was dangerous, to say the least. He just felt that this was straying too far from his intended path.


"Custard, lure it out with a Follow Me," Leo calmly stated. The tone of his voice was apathetic, and the look in his eyes hallow. Custard came up and patted Leo, his eyes filled with worry. The Pokemon had never seen his trainer in this state.

"Pie, I want you to Block it once comes out, I rather not whatever it is to escape once it comes down. We need to rescue Carrot..." he muttered. His voice was getting quieter. The Snorlax tilted his head. This was getting worse, but the two Pokemon were powerless to help their trainer.

Then, Custard's eyes lit up. There was a way, but he needed to make sure that there was something. The Togetic quickly flew towards Leo's bag and rummaged through it. At this rate, Loe didn't really care. He was too lost in his thoughts to notice. Custard found a Luxury Ball and examined it for Leo's markings he'd make to denote who was in it... The scribbles were flowers. Yes, perfect, he brought her along.

Custard grabbed the Pokeball and flew it over to Leo's hand. The trainer looked a little confused.

"Will this help us find Carrot?" he asked. Custard nodded, and in turn, Leo let the Pokemon out.

A Comfey appeared from the ball. She looked around, trying to figure out the situation. She could see the worry on Custard and Pie's faces and then looked at her trainer. She instantly flew over to try and give him some triage. Glace flew over to her trainer, and wrapped her lei around his neck, and waited. This was their only hope, to save their trainer. Custard and Pie were then ready to follow their orders, hoping they could rescue Carrot at the same time.
 
Märchen Meines Lebens
Joined
Jul 13, 2015
Messages
194
Reaction score
9

Yuki-
With the three choices made for who goes to which tunnel, the family breaks apart to take their challenges. Kanna looks down her corridor and noticed multiple levels of what seemed like a maze. Walking in, she notices a ladder in front of her. Going up it, she sees a new floor and notices a hole in the ground. Going down that, she feels herself slide down into the next floor.

She makes her way through the maze, going up another ladder. She notices the path leads into a left-hand corridor. Walking down that path, she ends up at another shute, she slides down. The next room has another shute, and she goes into the lowest floor of the maze. At this rate, she notices three options within the room. There was a ladder towards the left, a corridor straight ahead, and a right-hand corridor. The entire maze seemed disorienting. Up and down, down and up. It made her feel sick to her stomach. At least this gave her a chance to rest. Though, she needed to choose what path she'll take next.

--

Keif, knowing his family will be fine, runs down into his corridor. He noticed high walls, which seems to contain a maze of some kind. He runs straight into it and heads down a straight path. As he's running, he begins to ramp up more and more speed. The path seems endless until he reaches the other side. That didn't seem like a maze at all. In front of him was a door with three slots within it. It was obvious he needed the key, but where could he find one? The so-called maze seemed to be a straight path.

He then looks behind him and notices that the entire maze looked different. There were multiple corners that he hadn't even noticed. Turns going off the straight path, and multiple corridors that he couldn't see. The key seemed to be within this place somewhere. But where? The obvious options were a left path and a right path immediately at this side of the maze. He could go straight into the middle path again and hope he could slow down enough to find another path. What does he do?

--

Yuffie, excited that she gets to be by herself, runs off into her own maze. She notices corners after corners, but her unique running style seems perfect for it. Until the path slopes down, and she starts to bounce off of the corners before she crashed into a wall. She yelps in pain, realizing that being too fast could potentially be dangerous in this maze.

Taking her approach more slowly, she manages to get to a crossroads. Each path in front of her had a different kind of curvature to it. The path directly in front of her continued to be the zig-zag corner pattern. To her left the walls were wavy, and she could hear the sound of ocean waves coming from it. Was this maze partially sunken? To her right the maze was straight, and she could see a bright light coming from it. Was that a way out? She didn't know. Which way to go was her choice though.

What do they all do?
 
Top