• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

The Arcane Realm's Recorded History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
321
Reaction score
0
Politically Incorrect said:


Desert of Illusion (Please reply in darkorange)
The Benmeister

You give your Magnemite its order, and it responds with a positive robotic "Magnemite!" before it begins to carry out its orders. Positioning its levitating body to give off a glare into the eyes of the Sandshrew, the reflection of the sunlight misses the Sandshrew by a few inches. Quickly adjusting its position, the glare strikes the Sandshrew right in the eyes. While the attack seems to have affected Sandshrew, Magnemite is also still in a bad spot accuracywise. Jetting forward quickly, the Magnemite hits Sandshrew's left shoulder. Sandshrew gives a cry of pain before it wildly scratches at the air, its Scratch attack missing. What will you do?
With Lucius having carried out the orders given to him, Ben felt slightly disheartened at the fact that the tactic didn't work to its full effect. However, this was not time to moan, and Ben merely applauded his Pokemon for what it had achieved in battle thus far. From what Ben could see, the Sandshrew was now entering 'tired mode', in which it may resort to giving its all in battle in order to defeat the foe, no matter what cost. Ben decided a tactic change would be in order.

'Okay, Lucius, come back,' Ben ordered to his magnet Pokemon as he held out his Pokeball, and Lucius made a reply that sounded like relief, but also had a hint of regret that it wouldn't be able to finish the Sandshrew off. 'You're needed in the Move Tutor.'

And so, Ben looked down at his belt and eyed his new Pokeball. He had hoped that this Pokemon that he had recently adopted would do him well - now was the time to test it.

'Go! Alfred!' Ben cried as he threw the Pokeball to the ground. Out of the ball emerged Alfred - his Seedot - wondering where it was. From what Ben could see, it was clearly not accustomed to trainer life yet.

'Alfred, this is your time to shine!' Ben assured the small acorn Pokemon. Looking at the opposing Sandshrew, he commanded 'If it comes at you with any attack, use Harden! Then, regardless whether it has or hasn't, use Bide!'

The acorn Pokemon looked at Ben confusingly. Ben sighed - it was obviously still young as it had no knowledge of the word 'regardless'. 'Just...use Harden, and then Bide after that,' Ben had to border on baby-talk to discuss the attack plan with Seedot.

Having understood, Ben's new adoptee turned to face the Sandshrew, who had not given up yet...
 
crezy man
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
549
Reaction score
0
Politically Incorrect said:
Desert of Illusion (Please reply in darkorange)


Ihfrett

You apply the X Attack and the X Defend to your Charmander in order to raise its attacking and defending powers respectively, but the time it takes to use the items allows the Trapinch to dig into the desert sands. While Charmander looks around the desert for signs of the Pokemon, it is caught off guard as the Trapinch digs up behind it, slamming into its back with slightly lowered damage. Charmander swings around and scratches at Trapinch again, striking it across the face, missing its eye. The Trapinch's eyes narrow as it takes the hit, kicking up sand from the ground in front of it in a Sand Attack. Charmander quickly tries to shut its eyes as the sand flies through the air, though some of the particles do manage to obstruct its vision. Charmander swings again blindly, striking Trapinch in the face again. Trapinch lunges forward and latches onto Charmander's arm with its teeth, the fire lizard shrieking in pain from the Bite attack, though Trapinch seems to be wearing down. What will you do?
Ihfrett just Stared at the Trapinch thinking: " That little beast! it just will not give up. Charmander is putting up an amazing fight, but he will not last too much longer. I've got to figure out a way to end this, and fast!"
Ihfrett could make out the face of his suffering companion even though they were right against the sun. This was Ihfrett's first pokemon battle in his life, of course he trained with his brother back when he was young but it's clearly not the same feeling, in this case Ihfrett was feeling way more nervous. Ihfrett has never thought it would be this hard. As he was looking over on the battle that was taking place a mere 3 meters from him, he realized that the pokemon that had once saved him from a fire is truley an amazing thing. " Charmander hold on in there!" Ihfrett tried to cheer his companion on. " Charmander I've got your orders and hope they will work, This is want I want you to do. Use DynamicPunch to get Trapinch of of you. Try to smash him right into the ground." Ihfrett paused right there. He hadn't really figured out what to do yet but he couldn't afford to let Charmander know that or else he will be discouraged. Ihfrett could see the big eyes of his little fire lizard clearly, they were looking at Ihfrett with an eager kind of look awaiting his next command and also in a suffering look that is doing the best to free itself. Ihfrett looked at his Charmander for for few short seconds and then yelled out with a happy tone of voice. "Charmander after you have punched him into the ground I want you to jump up into the air and use Mega Kick and land on him with the force of gravity and the kick. After that use all the power you have to scratch him across his whole body. Think you can manage to do that?" Charmander looked at Ihfrett for a bit and shouted "Char, Charmander" with a little nod to show he understood. While Charmander raised his fist to punch Trapinch, Ihfrett could just watch and hope for the best...
 
Last edited:

S_M

SM sez hi. :O
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
Since I can only have 6 images in a post, stars are being replaced with bolded yellow asterisks. Yay.

Forest of Adventure (please reply in limegreen)

Altocharizard **
Tossing the metallic crimson and white orb at the fallen Pidgey, the ball strikes the small bird's wing, bouncing back into the air and turning the Pidgey into translucent red energy, sucking it into the Pokeball. The ball falls to the ground, the capture button on the front glowing red. The ball wobbles a bit before the red light fades with a ding, signalling your successful capture of a Level 5 Female Pidgey!

Now, what will you do? Will you continue to explore the Forest of Adventure, or will you turn back, heading to a different area?


Desert of Illusion (please reply in darkorange)

The Benmeister ***
Recalling your Magnemite and sending out your Seedot, Alfred, to hopefully finish off the opposing Sandshrew. Giving your orders to it, after a second time with less advanced vocabulary, it moves into action, simply tightening its muscles, a white glint crossing it as it uses its Harden attack to raise its defense. The Sandshrew quickly moves into action, its vision blurry but nonetheless it goes to strike, dragging its claws across the Seedot, but it doesn't seem as though it did too much damage. Carrying out the second part of its attacking orders, a red aura beginning to cover the entirety of Alfred's acorn shaped body.

Disregarding the attack completely, the Sandshrew again drags its claws against Seedot's face again, causing the red aura to grow in size around Alfred, but nothing else happens this round. What will you do?


Ihfrett **
You give your attack orders to Charmander in hope that the battle would end this round, who nods and gives a positive response. Its fist glows white as it swings it at the Trapinch, who lets go of the Charmander's arm instantly as it flies back, standing up and looking rather disoriented from the attack. As the Trapinch lunges forward into nothing disorientedly, Charmander moves in to attack, its left leg glowing a bright white as it kicks the Trapinch, who flies several feet farther away. It struggles to try to get back to its feet, but it soon realizes that its efforts are futile, closing its eyes and accepting defeat. Level up for Charmander.

What will you do now?
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
321
Reaction score
0
Desert of Illusion (please reply in darkorange)

The Benmeister ***
Recalling your Magnemite and sending out your Seedot, Alfred, to hopefully finish off the opposing Sandshrew. Giving your orders to it, after a second time with less advanced vocabulary, it moves into action, simply tightening its muscles, a white glint crossing it as it uses its Harden attack to raise its defense. The Sandshrew quickly moves into action, its vision blurry but nonetheless it goes to strike, dragging its claws across the Seedot, but it doesn't seem as though it did too much damage. Carrying out the second part of its attacking orders, a red aura beginning to cover the entirety of Alfred's acorn shaped body.

Disregarding the attack completely, the Sandshrew again drags its claws against Seedot's face again, causing the red aura to grow in size around Alfred, but nothing else happens this round. What will you do?

Observing the actions of the opposing Sandshrew, Ben could not help but sigh at the fatal error that the small ground type was making. Ben would've thought that, being territorial, it would defend said territory to its full capacity but judging by its new actions it would appear as though it would rather fight for what little dignity it had left, and very poorly at that, as it was merely adding fuel to the fire, or rather to Alfred's Bide.

Nontheless, Ben chose not to focus on the flaws of the enemy but instead on the progress of his own Pokemon. This being Alfred's first Pokemon battle, and indeed, one of only two of Ben's team of five that had been in a battle after this match, the other one being Lucius the Magnemite, Ben applauded it on its efforts, regardless of how basic it seemed to any onlooker at first glance. 'Okay, Alfred,' Ben began his next command 'we should have it down and out soon enough. Just hold in that Bide for as long as you can until the time comes to unleash all of the power back onto the Sandshrew. Hopefully you'll be able to faint it.' Then, feeling like a reward would be satisfactory, he told it 'if you win this, I'll make sure I give you one of my many drinks. It's boiling out here.'

Accepting the offer, Alfred continued to contain energy as the battle neared to a close. All Alfred needed to do now was wait for the right moment to strike with the Bide...
 
Last edited:
crezy man
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
549
Reaction score
0
Desert of Illusion (please reply in darkorange)
Ihfrett **
You give your attack orders to Charmander in hope that the battle would end this round, who nods and gives a positive response. Its fist glows white as it swings it at the Trapinch, who lets go of the Charmander's arm instantly as it flies back, standing up and looking rather disoriented from the attack. As the Trapinch lunges forward into nothing disorientedly, Charmander moves in to attack, its left leg glowing a bright white as it kicks the Trapinch, who flies several feet farther away. It struggles to try to get back to its feet, but it soon realizes that its efforts are futile, closing its eyes and accepting defeat. Level up for Charmander.
What will you do now?
[/SIZE]
Ihfrett gave out a little sigh. He looked over at Charmander which was walking back and forth proudly in front of Trapinch. Ihfrett looked away for a moment to look for a potion in his bag. He had looked up when he heard a little noice, his Charmander disappeared into a white light and started to transform shapes. After a couple seconds, which to Ihfrett seemed like hours, the light faded away and instead of Charmander there was standing a brand new pokemon. Ihfrett reached for his pokedex and pointed it at the new pokemon.

"Charmeleon, Charmanders evolution" Said a robotic voice again.

"Oh nice!" Ihfrett yelled out. "Charmeleon do not attack, Trapinch is down! Come here and I'll give you a potion so you can feel better."

With those commands Charmeleon walked over to Ihfrett allowing Ihfrett to heal Charmeleon.

"As for you..." Ihfrett whispered to himself.

He reached into his Backpack and took out a little red and white metalic ball. Ihfrett pressed a Button in the middle of it to make it grow larger.

"Pokeball go!" and with those words Ihfrett tossed the ball at the Trapinch hoping to not miss. Suddenly the Ball opened up and turned the Trapinch red and closed on it. Ihfrett watched it shake a few time. Hoping to catch his very first pokemon....
 
Last edited:
Registered User
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
208
Reaction score
0
Alto looks around the forest, deciding it is best to go somewhere else for now. Alto recalls Flame saying, "great job" to it. In a sudden shout, Alto yells, "Steelix!!! C'mon out". A Steely snake-like pokemon appears out of the light. Alto hops on steelix and heads back to the entrance to start his journey up the snowy mountain in the distance. Finally, Alto reaches the snow covered mountain called the Silverton Range. "Steelix!!! Start climbing the mountain with me," Alto yelled from the top of the great snake's head. Steelix gives a roar of approval, beginning the climb.
 

S_M

SM sez hi. :O
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
I know they're late and crappy, but they're here.

The Benmeister: You're fine to go into zones as of now. You're free to reply to this update to possibly capture the Sandshrew if you'd like.
You give your orders to Alfred, to nods, as the red aura that consumes it continues to build with each and every one of Sandshrew's strikes, 3 of them coming in a quick fashion via a Fury Swipes as it rakes its small claws against Alfred's face. However, the red aura suddenly peaks, condensing itself into a beam which fires at Sandshrew, engulfing it in white light as the powerful attack strikes. After the smoke clears, Alfred, looking clearly tired, stands victorious over the opponent Sandshrew. Level up for Magnemite. You have the choice to be able to walk away from the small ground type, or perhaps add it to your team by capturing it. What will you do?


Ihfrett: ***
You pull out a red and white orb from your pack, hoping to use the Pokeball in order to make your first Pokemon capture, your sights set on the small ant lion Pokemon which had been taken down by the efforts of your Charmander. Suddenly, Charmander glows white, transforming into a larger Pokemon, its evolution, Charmeleon. Applying a Potion to Charmeleon to heal it after the battle, you toss the Pokeball at the Trapinch. The Pokemon is turned into red light as it is pulled into the Pokeball, snapping shut as it lands on the ground. It wobbles a bit before the light fades with a ping sound. Congratulations on your capture of a Level 5 Male Trapinch!

Now, what will you do? Will you continue in the sweltering heat of the desert, or will you take a different route?


Altocharizard: **
Mounting Steelix's back, you begin to climb one of the snowy mountains of the Silverton Range. As you climb higher and higher, you can feel the cold around you whirling around you as the air begins to thin. As you continue up the side of the mountain, Steelix suddenly stops. Wondering what caused this interuption, you peer over Steelix's head. Two Spheal look up at you, each in a battle stance, as though they think that you are invading their territory. What will you do? Will you attempt a diplomatic route, or will you decide battling is the best option?
 
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
321
Reaction score
0
I know they're late and crappy, but they're here.

The Benmeister: You're fine to go into zones as of now. You're free to reply to this update to possibly capture the Sandshrew if you'd like.
You give your orders to Alfred, to nods, as the red aura that consumes it continues to build with each and every one of Sandshrew's strikes, 3 of them coming in a quick fashion via a Fury Swipes as it rakes its small claws against Alfred's face. However, the red aura suddenly peaks, condensing itself into a beam which fires at Sandshrew, engulfing it in white light as the powerful attack strikes. After the smoke clears, Alfred, looking clearly tired, stands victorious over the opponent Sandshrew. Level up for Magnemite. You have the choice to be able to walk away from the small ground type, or perhaps add it to your team by capturing it. What will you do?
OOC: Alfred the Seedot has recently become a Nuzleaf, so yeah. Not vital to this update, however.

After the dust had settled on the vast deserts, Ben strained his eyes, and viewed the previously aggresive ground type laying motionless on the sands. Having analyzed that the battle was finally over, Ben (and simultaneously Alfred, who whereafter Ben recalled to his Pokeball) breathed a huge sigh of relief, as the battle battle was rather unnecessary and only stood to impede Ben and his Pokemon in their adventures.

But was it really unnecessary after all? As Ben observed the fainted Sandshrew, a thought suddenly struck his head that this battle did have something that could be taken from it after all. Looking down at his belt, he observed the few Pokeballs that were on it - some of which were alternate Pokeballs obtained from the casino and likewise shops. But Ben chose a normal Pokeball to pluck from his belt, to coincide with the fact that all of his other Pokemon shared the same looking Pokeball. He raised the Pokeball over his head, and was about to hurl it at the Sandshrew when he suddenly hesitated.

Why capture it? Ben pondered this question further. You'dve thought capturing a Pokemon was merely a capture and that was that, but Ben thought about the other factors. For one, he had just battled this Sandshrew and as such, it would most likely remain aggresive for at least some period of time. And another thing to be quizzical over was the fact that this Sandshrew was merely trying to defend its territory in the first place, and that taking it away from its home could be justifiable as unfair. Who knows what family the Sandshrew could house?

But conclusively, Ben chose to ignore those factors. He instead merely muttered to himself 'Can't stop me getting my PC upgrade!' and hurled the Pokeball towards the small brown Pokemon, hoping to leave this region soon afterwards...
 
Last edited:
crezy man
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
549
Reaction score
0
Ihfrett: ***
You pull out a red and white orb from your pack, hoping to use the Pokeball in order to make your first Pokemon capture, your sights set on the small ant lion Pokemon which had been taken down by the efforts of your Charmander. Suddenly, Charmander glows white, transforming into a larger Pokemon, its evolution, Charmeleon. Applying a Potion to Charmeleon to heal it after the battle, you toss the Pokeball at the Trapinch. The Pokemon is turned into red light as it is pulled into the Pokeball, snapping shut as it lands on the ground. It wobbles a bit before the light fades with a ping sound. Congratulations on your capture of a Level 5 Male Trapinch!

Now, what will you do? Will you continue in the sweltering heat of the desert, or will you take a different route?
OOC- thanks for the Trapinch!
After a few moments of standing still Ihfrett decided that he should walk over the pokeball. As he hunched over to pick up the ball a thought came to his head.

"What if I dont keep my pokemon in their balls? what if I realease them so that they can travel with me?"

Ihfrett asked himslef that and decided he should let them walk with him.

"Pokeballs Go!" Ihfrett yelled out with a big smile.

First Spheal appeared then Electrike and Finally the Trapinch he had just caught. Ihfrett Couldn't believe he had obtained 4 pokemon already. He started thinking about the way he had got each of them. He had started wit the Charmeleon, He had traded the Spheal,The Electrike he adopted, and the trapinch he caught. The Ihfrett suddenly realised he was thirsty and very tired.

"Spheal! I want you to spray some water into this cup" Ihfret said that while reaching into his bag for a cup.

"Spheal, Spheal" it replied and a little stream of water came pouring from its mouth straight into the cup.

He had felt a little refreshed aftre the third cup and decided he should really find the a place to camp in for the night. Ihfrett wasn't an expert in these kinds of things, so he decided that its doent really matter where they are gonna set the camp. He pulled out his own sleeping bag an sat down on it.

"charmeleon and trapinch since you guys like this heat can you find sone wood for us to start a fire?"mIhfret asked the two.

they both replied and walked of into the desert. without even realizing it Ihfret fell asleep and when he woke up after wht seemed like a couple of hours. Ihfrett saw all of his pokemon playing together and the fire all ready Burning up the wood.

"You huys come here!" Ihfrett yelled out to the joyfull pokemon "we need to decide what will we do tommorow. Do we go on into the derert or do you guys want some other place"

After some arguing between the pokemon They gestured to Ihfrett that they all should go to sleep and in the morning they will go onm into the vast and Blazing desert.
 
Last edited:
Registered User
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
208
Reaction score
0

Altocharizard: **
Mounting Steelix's back, you begin to climb one of the snowy mountains of the Silverton Range. As you climb higher and higher, you can feel the cold around you whirling around you as the air begins to thin. As you continue up the side of the mountain, Steelix suddenly stops. Wondering what caused this interuption, you peer over Steelix's head. Two Spheal look up at you, each in a battle stance, as though they think that you are invading their territory. What will you do? Will you attempt a diplomatic route, or will you decide battling is the best option?
Alto looks over the situation and the possible escape routes. Looking at the competition, Alto decides to have a warm up before going up further. Hopping off his Steelix carefully, Alto points towards the two spheals. "Okay Steelix, let's show them who's boss around here. Use your tail to slam them into the snow somewhere on the mountain. Then use rock throw on them both. Finish this by burying them in the rocks with a rock slide. Alto looks around the mountian and wonders if there is anything else. Curiosity overcoming him, he takes out a shiny new pokeball. "Pidgey, I summon you" , Alto roars as the pokeball opens and creates a bright white light. A flying pidgeon, better known as pidgey, materializes in the light. "Pidgey, I want you to do an aerial search of the area around here. if you encounter danger, report back to me immediately. Come back if you don't find anything, though." Orders Alto. With a nod, pidgey takes off into the sky. Alto looks at the battlefield, wondering what lies in store for him.
 

S_M

SM sez hi. :O
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
The Benmeister: You toss the red and white metallic orb at the opposing ground type, the ball bouncing off the Sandshrew's tough hide as it opens, transforming the small Pokemon into translucent red energy, which is sucked into the ball. The ball lands on the desert sand, wobbling a few times before the red capture button fades away with a gentle ping, signalling your capture of a Lv. 5 Male Sandshrew. Have a good time in zones. :O

Ihfrett: You're free to explore the other zones as of now. There's no real need for any further replies or updates as there aren't any captures involved so yeah. Good luck. :O

Altocharizard: **
You give your orders to Steelix who roars in acknowledgement as it begins to carry out its attacks. It swings its huge tail, attempting to strike the Spheal into the snow. However, one of the Spheal fires a Water Gun at the ground beneath it, propelling it upwards and dodging the incoming strike from Steelix's tail, while the other Spheal is struck hard, being sent flying into a snow bank. Steelix glares at the Spheal that dodged its previous strike, diving headfirst at the ground before it, jetting loose a few small rocks which fly toward the Spheal, striking it with a moderate amount of force. However, the other Spheal, while looking somewhat shaken, recovers from the previous blow, and sends a glowing beam of ice energy across the field, the Aurora Beam striking Steelix hard in the midsection.

Ready to put these Spheal to rest only after a few moments of battle, Steelix smacks the side of the mountain with a tail glowing a bright white. A few seconds pass before you feel the earth beneath you beginning to shake with intensity, hearing a large roaring sound above you. You see that a huge tidal wave of sorts of snow and ice is crashing down the side of the mountain, destroying everything in its path. Avalanche!

A quick note, if you'd like to advance a bit quicker, try to space your thoughts a bit better. Your reply was pretty much a paragraph with 2 or 3 different trains of thought involved, while each could have been expanded upon and organized better in a paragraph form. k?
 
Registered User
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
208
Reaction score
0


Altocharizard: **
You give your orders to Steelix who roars in acknowledgement as it begins to carry out its attacks. It swings its huge tail, attempting to strike the Spheal into the snow. However, one of the Spheal fires a Water Gun at the ground beneath it, propelling it upwards and dodging the incoming strike from Steelix's tail, while the other Spheal is struck hard, being sent flying into a snow bank. Steelix glares at the Spheal that dodged its previous strike, diving headfirst at the ground before it, jetting loose a few small rocks which fly toward the Spheal, striking it with a moderate amount of force. However, the other Spheal, while looking somewhat shaken, recovers from the previous blow, and sends a glowing beam of ice energy across the field, the Aurora Beam striking Steelix hard in the midsection.

Ready to put these Spheal to rest only after a few moments of battle, Steelix smacks the side of the mountain with a tail glowing a bright white. A few seconds pass before you feel the earth beneath you beginning to shake with intensity, hearing a large roaring sound above you. You see that a huge tidal wave of sorts of snow and ice is crashing down the side of the mountain, destroying everything in its path. Avalanche!

A quick note, if you'd like to advance a bit quicker, try to space your thoughts a bit better. Your reply was pretty much a paragraph with 2 or 3 different trains of thought involved, while each could have been expanded upon and organized better in a paragraph form. k?
Alto feels the shaking of the Earth beneath his feet and looks up to find mountains of snow and ice crashing down to him. With a very panicked tone in his voice, he commands, "Steelix, we have to stop the avalanche. I want you to use your tail to stop the force. swing as hard as you can."

Alto suddenly rembers the spheals. To himself, Alto thinks "I have to save them somehow. I can't just leave them here to die!" Then Alto remembers he has a Fire type. Taking out a shiny crimson and white orb out of his belt, he then cries, "Charmeleon, we need your help. While Steelix is trying to block the most of it, use a fully charged shadow ball to help it. If there is more, burn through it with a concentrated Ember. Repeat ember if you have to. "

After issueing the commands, Alto decides on how to save the Spheals. As he advances to the frightened sea lions, he goes over in his mind, "Just stay calm Alto, everything will be alright."
 

S_M

SM sez hi. :O
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
292
Reaction score
1
ALTO: You're free to go into the regular zones. I'd like to keep you here a bit more but I don't really have that sort of time. Btw, you might want to keep your replies in the realm of possibility - your last reply really wasn't feasible.
 
E

enchantress

Guest
The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
- No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
- No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
- Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
- ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
- When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
- Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
- When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
- If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
- I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.





The Arcane Realm


Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.


Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.


The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.


Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?


Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.


The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.


Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.
 
E

enchantress

Guest
Arcane Realm Statistics

Arcane Realm Updators
Arc_Angel
enchantress
Lonely Cubone

Arcane Realm Members
Blue Zangoose
Coel
handymankg2
Kori Gotcha
OrangeDonphan
pokemonxd
Tenorphin

Yet to enter (Those who have passed registration but not yet posted an AR Intro)
Raichu-chan

Completed Adventures
allsystemsaredown
Altocharizard
Artificial Dragon
betagold
empoleon dynamite
fishyfool
Furrett
Ihfrett
Kasai
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon
Lemon~Lime
Mewsic Box
psychopath
Rabid Squirrel
Ralfil
RaunchyFad
Slick Rick
Sneasel12
Stark
TerminatorTotodile

Incomplete Adventures (Members who went inactive before being released)
Concore
The Benmeister
Trillim
TurtleKing
Qball

Registration Revoked
Ice Cold Glalie
Mr kecleon
Mr.Penguin
Umbreon Ruler


 
Last edited by a moderator:
New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
0
Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
The journey had been a long one. Still, for as far as the young man had come, Stark knew that this was only the beginning. Strange how similar the farmlands look like those back home, he thought as he stopped for a moment to gaze upon the small city in the distance.

"See that, buddy?" he asked the small Cyndaquil lying on his shoulder, "That's where we're going. Mediville." Instinctively Stark raised his right hand up across his body and began to rub the area behind his tiny partner's neck. Cyndaquil's eyes closed tight as he started to coo in delight. A smirk crossed Stark's face as he felt the warmth and love of his partner wash across him.

"Just think. We'll finally get to sleep in a real bed again... Hopefully," he added.

"Cynda," the little pokemon replied while nuzzling into Stark's neck.

"Yeah, you're right. As long as we're together it really doesn't matter where we end up," Stark responded until finally he felt that had been given enough affection from his friend and moved his hand over to get Cyndaquil to stop with the attention, "Okay, okay. Enough. I love you too pal. Hey! Don't make me put you back in your ball.... Just kidding bud. I wouldn't do that to you. Besides, you know I'd get bored without you here. <sigh> I suppose we should get going. I mean standing here isn't going to get us anywhere in the near future is it? Not to mention we have a whole world of adventure left ahead of us."

With that Stark and Cyndaquil continued their trek towards Mediville.
 
Angel Wings ~
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
Updates #1

Welcome to Fizzy Bubbles, I'll be your updator during your time here. If you have anything to ask regarding your updates or anything really then feel free to contact me via PM ^-^ Enjoy.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

Stark: You and Cyndaquil continue your walk to Mediville, wondering what sights you’ll see there. Theres a gentle breeze and it takes the edge off the heat of the sun. Suddenly, you see something pink floating ahead of you in the distance. You ponder to yourself what it might be; a balloon perhaps? You shrug it off, thinking nothing of it until you hear a cry of distress. You look to your left and a little girl, dressed in dungarees and a straw hat is chasing after the floating object shouting “Hoppy! Hoppy! Come back you silly Hoppip!!” to which a reply of “Piiiiiiiiippppp…” is heard. Seems the Hoppip is caught in the breeze. To make things worse, a Spearow sweeps past you at speed, heading right for the Hoppip, ready to strike it from the air with a Peck attack. What will you do?
 
Last edited:
New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
0
Welcome to Fizzy Bubbles, I'll be your updator during your time here. If you have anything to ask regarding your updates or anything really then feel free to contact me via PM ^-^ Enjoy.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

Stark: You and Cyndaquil continue your walk to Mediville, wondering what sights you’ll see there. Theres a gentle breeze and it takes the edge off the heat of the sun. Suddenly, you see something pink floating ahead of you in the distance. You ponder to yourself what it might be; a balloon perhaps? You shrug it off, thinking nothing of it until you hear a cry of distress. You look to your left and a little girl, dressed in dungarees and a straw hat is chasing after the floating object shouting “Hoppy! Hoppy! Come back you silly Hoppip!!” to which a reply of “Piiiiiiiiippppp…” is heard. Seems the Hoppip is caught in the breeze. To make things worse, a Spearow sweeps past you at speed, heading right for the Hoppip, ready to strike it from the air with a Peck attack. What will you do?
Stark dug his feet in as the sudden flyby of the spearow nearly knocked him off balance. His coat and hair sweeping out in front of him. Had he the time to think about it, he would have pondered how such a small bird could have had such a strong draft. However, he didn't have time to think about it. Spearow's were notoriously territorial and were well known for attacking those who ventured too close to their homes.

Stark's eyes narrowed into a steely resolve as he saw the poor young girl chasing after her helpless Hoppip. Without a second thought Stark took off in a sprint behind the Spearow toward Hoppip. He winced as the tiny claws of Cyndaqul dug into his shoulder for stability.

"We're not going to make it," he huffed as he gritted his teeth and tried to push himself to run faster. If only he had bothered to train Cyndaquil when he was younger. A Quick Attack or ranged attack would have been handy at a time like this. That's when an idea hit him.

Stark looked to the ground ahead of him hoping to find a rock or stick or even a clump of dirt which he could grab and throw at the Spearow to distract it enough to foil it's attack on Hoppip. At best he might get extremely lucky and hit the Spearow, at worst the Spearow would completely ignore him and continue it's attack on Hoppip while Stark wasted valuable seconds on a shot in the dark. Still, he had to do something. He realized that neither he nor Cyndaquil would be able to catch up to the avian pokemon. Not at the rate they were moving. The plan may have had a one in a million chance of succeeding, but at least it was a chance. And even a one in a million chance was worth taking if it meant helping someone in need.

 
Last edited:
Angel Wings ~
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
Update #2

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon

Stark: Assessing the situation in front of you, you decide not to let Cyndaquil attack and you look to the ground for something to throw at the territorial Spearow. Your eyes are drawn to a sharp rock. Picking it up, you throw it overarm in the Spearow’s direction as it swept towards Hoppip. Luck is on your side as it hit’s the Spearow’s wing and knocks it off balance. A loud caw signifys the Spearow’s annoyance and it immediately flies straight upwards and turns, glaring right at you. The girl who was in pursuit of Hoppip had managed to catch the little Pokémon and then ran towards you shouting “Watch out lad!! Spearow round these parts are frisky buggers!! They attack anyone who gets on their bad side!” Spearow then caws loudly before flying towards you at speed, catching you off guard and knocking Cyndaquil off your shoulder. Your little Fire Mouse falls on his back and cries out as Spearow homes in for a Fury Attack. The girl has almost reached where you are. What will you do?
 
New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
0
Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon

Stark: Assessing the situation in front of you, you decide not to let Cyndaquil attack and you look to the ground for something to throw at the territorial Spearow. Your eyes are drawn to a sharp rock. Picking it up, you throw it overarm in the Spearow’s direction as it swept towards Hoppip. Luck is on your side as it hit’s the Spearow’s wing and knocks it off balance. A loud caw signifys the Spearow’s annoyance and it immediately flies straight upwards and turns, glaring right at you. The girl who was in pursuit of Hoppip had managed to catch the little Pokémon and then ran towards you shouting “Watch out lad!! Spearow round these parts are frisky buggers!! They attack anyone who gets on their bad side!” Spearow then caws loudly before flying towards you at speed, catching you off guard and knocking Cyndaquil off your shoulder. Your little Fire Mouse falls on his back and cries out as Spearow homes in for a Fury Attack. The girl has almost reached where you are. What will you do?
"CYNDAQUIL!!!" Stark shouted in concern as his little partner was knocked off his shoulder. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that the girl had caught her Hoppip. That was a relief. One less thing to worry about he figured. Things were moving too fast. He wished he could slow things down to have time to think, but it wasn't going to happen. Instead he decided to let go of his inhibitions and let instinct take over. Standing up tall, he twisted his body back to where Cyndaquil lay. A stern look of calm determination upon his face.

"Cynadaquil, are you alright?" he said rhetorically more than asked.

"Cynda..." the timid little pokemon responded fearfully as it rolled over to it's feet, shaking it's head to clear the cobwebs and get it's bearings.

"I know we haven't really been in a battle before and I know your scared, but you need to be brave. I need you bud. This little girl and her Hoppip need you. We can do this. You and I. Because together I know we can overcome any obstacle!" Stark said with resolve.

"Cyndaquil!" the tiny pokemon shouted with newfound confidence as it stood up on it's hind legs and put on it's battle face.

"We'll take him head on," Stark explained as he began laying out his plan, "I'll give you a boost and I want you to use a Tackle attack on that Spearow mid-air. It's looking to fight so once you hit the ground I want you to Leer at it and see if you can't get it to loose a little confidence, then Tackle it once again."

Cyndaquil once again dropped to all fours and prepared to go once Stark gave the signal.

Stark nodded back to his partner to show he was ready before growling, "Let's do it."

Cyndaquil took off in a sprint toward Stark who dropped his left arm down for Cyndaquil to climb up and over to his right arm which was in a throwing motion to launch Cyndaquil into the air with a little extra speed at the oncoming Spearow.

As Cyndaquil was on his way toward his confrontation with Spearow, Stark turned to the little girl calmly and quietly remarking, "Stay close. And stay behind me."

 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top