• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Arcane Realm's Recorded History

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Bless the Metal: (Please reply in LemonChiffon)

You get on the train headed towards Mediville, escaping from the police. With the sense that you are safe, or at least for the time being, you allow yourself to relax. The train itself isn't too full, there are maybe about ten other people sitting spread out in your carriage. All in all, it seems like it is going to be a nice and easy trip.

So nice and easy, that you only realise that you feel asleep at least an hour after when your eyes snap open. The train is now much fuller, and the view outside of the train has turned into a pleasant forest view. Realising that you have actually managed to get away and are now safe, you recline back and let your eyes wander. They sweep over the passengers, each person seeming non descript and boring. All but one. You look over at a young man, who appears to be scared and a little bit anxious. He is erratically looking around the carriage, and he keeps touching something underneath his bulky jacket.

You keep your eye on him as the train continues its path, but surely you are just overthinking it? Unfortunately though, that observation is wrong. The man notices you looking at him and jumps up, his demenour suddenly changing into something a lot more confident. He pulls his jacket open to reveal bombs strapped to his stomach, each the size of a baseball and shaped like a Voltorb.

"No one move, or I blow us all up!" he yelled, his voice strangely monotone.

What will you do?
Ethan got on the train with a number of other passengers, each seeming as unimportant as the next.

While last minute preparations took place, the young thief sat himself down near a window seat, placing the bag of things he had acquired a side and waited for their departure.

He looked outside one more time saying goodbye to the city he had adopted for more than a decade.

After a few minutes, the train took off and Ethan finally allowed himself to relax, the steady motion and metrical sound of the train eating its tracks, slowly lulling him to sleep, before he knew it he was out like a light.

An hour past before he opened his eyes again, finding more passengers had come aboard. He yawned, wiping the drool that formed during his nap aside, and stretched, looking outside again, this time greeted by an emerald green forest view whooshing past as the train sped along.

Content with how much distance he had placed, he reclined in his seat and let his eyes wander a bit before having his attention brought to a man across the way that seemed to be picking at something underneath his bulky jacket.

The gentlemen was acting strangely; Ethan simply dismissed this as someone who was just nervous about riding a train, but before he could turn away the man looked back at him, and jumped to his feet, his attitude changed to one full of convictions. The stranger opened his jacket and revealed to everyone on board the bombs the size and shape of a baseball strapped around his stomach, yelling "No one move or I blow us all up!"

Ethan's body was no longer his own, going through a sympathetic fight response; he sprang from his seat and lunged at the perpetrator. Using the adrenaline that now was coursing through in his veins, with all his power and weight he brought the would be mass murder to the ground.

He's hands now entangled around the man's throat, angry that his getaway plan was being ruined by such an amateur, he whispered to the man, "Let's see what'll kill you first me or your bomb."

Team Stats.
 
Last edited:
Have a pancake.
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


Green Zubat: (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)

You trudge along, somewhat irritated at the weather. But a little snow never hurt no one, so of course you keep going. However, as you keep walking you notice that that the weather is steadily worsening. Wind starts to pick up, and the snow starts to fall down thicker. It suddenly dawns on you that you need to find yourself some shelter to make sure you don't freeze to death. Quickening your pace, and making sure that you don't slip over, you scan the area around you, trying to find yourself somewhere to stay safe during the storm.

The snowfall increases even further, cementing your decision that you really need to find yourself somewhere to hide. Thankfully, you eventually find what looks to be a small cave, especially relieving sicne the snow had gotten to the point that you couldn't actually see properly. Thanking the stars, you rush into the cave, which is definitely much bigger than it looks on the outside. It smells dank, and the the cave is too deep for the light from the mouth to illuminate it. But it is better than staying outside, that's for sure. Well at least that was what you were thinking before there is a loud "RARGH!"

You freeze in place, and watch in horror as a large Beartic walks out from the black of the cave.

What will you do?


"Brrrr, I think it's actually colder in here," GZ complained as he staggered into the cave, his teeth now chattering. The wind whistling outside, the weary traveller considered setting up camp. He presumed wild Pokémon would probably be attracted to such enclosed spaces, but he didn't really have much of a choice with the weather. And besides, with Rose & Bramble by his side, he felt reasonably confident that he could handle himself.

"RARGH!"

Correction: had felt.

"Beartic, the Freezing Pokémon", GZ thought, as he watched the white behemoth stumble out of the cavern's depths towards him. He felt the need to move but couldn't. Indeed, time seemed to have stopped the moment he spotted the creature, transfixed by a mixture of not only fear but also surprise. Having lived in Unova most of his life, GZ knew the species well enough to know how powerful and rare they were. In fact, he'd only ever seen one in real life once before. But that was on an official Twist Mountain winter tour, guided by a professional Ranger, and observing from a safe distance. He doubted anyone would come to his aid this time, and he was most certainly not at a safe distance.

He was tempted to try and escape into the tundra outside, but he knew it would be in vain; Ice-types like Beartic were better off in the snow, and he'd stick out like a sore thumb. He was totally trapped: an impassable icy waste behind, darkness & danger ahead. He could see only one course of action. Snapping out of the spell, GZ's hand immediately flew towards his belt.

"Rose, Poison Gas!" He shouted, flinging her Poké Ball to the floor. The cavern entrance was momentarily illuminated in a brilliant flash, before being plunged into the familiar half-light.

"Truuuuu-bbish!" cried the perky Poison-type on appearance, before launching her attack. He knew couldn't evade the Beartic outside, and doubted that he was skilled enough to beat it, but in the dim cavern the fumes might be enough to obscure the beast's vision, and allow them to run past it, deeper into the mountains ... or so he hoped.


((Team stats))

 
Last edited:
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Dylan_Cypher: Please reply in LemonChiffon

Mia stopped and tried to remember what the boy who had stolen her pokemon looked like. "Umm, I think he had short red hair, and his nose was really long, like Pinnochio's. The pokemon he was using was a black dog, with curved bones on its back. I think its called Houndorn or something? I'm sorry but that's all I really know."

You nod your head, sure it wasn't too much information but it should be enough to find this boy. Of course, there was the slight problem of how you would actually go about finding him. You didn't pay attention to which way he ran, because of Mia, and even if you had, surely he would be far away by now? What were you going to do? Well, luckily you didn't need to worry about that, as Yukihime suddenly spins around, obviously hearing something that you can't. She lets out a cry and starts running away, seemingly determined to get somewhere. With a quick 'sorry' to Mia, you take after her, surprised that she can run so fast for a pokemon her size. As you run, you can hear a faint noise. Maybe this was what your Snorunt could hear? Continuing towards your runaway pokemon, the noise starts to get louder, and it becomes clear that it is a pokemon crying out in pain! Finally catching up to Yukihime, you can see the source of the cries. Cowering in front of a Houndour, sporting a very obvious burn mark, was a Mienfoo. And the owner of the Houndour? Well he appeared to match Mia's description of the thief!

What will you do?

Bless The Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon
Just a little note, you self updated a bit in your last reply bringing the bomber to the ground, so keep that in mind when replying.


With your hands around the man's neck you threaten the man, thinking that you could stop him from foiling your getaway. Unfortunately, the threat doesn't faze the man. He lets out a deep, gutteral chuckle before he suddenly grabs a hold of your arm and throws you off himself. Slamming into the side of the carriage, you fall to the ground as the man picks himself up.

"You have guts," he says, his voice still in the weird monotone, "But you can't think that you have the ability to stop me, do you? And now you have doomed everyone on this train, for shame."

He goes to press a button on the bombs, and you lunge forward again. This time, you grab latch onto his arm, to try and pull his arm away. Just like last time he throws you off. However, unlike last time, this time you hit a window, which gives way due to the force of the throw. You fly out of the window, and as you hit the ground outside, the force of which makes you feel like you yourself just got hit by a train, the carriage you were just in explodes.

What will you do?


Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose lets out the Poison Gas in hope that you two can get past the ferocius Beartic. Thanks to the enclosed nature of the cave, the gas soon fills it, causing the bear to start coughing and suddenly no longer being interested in you. Grabbing onto Rose you charge past the Beartic and into the dark depths of the cave. Relieved that you managed to get away from a potentially large problem, you soon realise that maybe charging into the dark completely unknown cave may not have actually been the best idea, especially when it also has a now probably angry Beartic living in it. With that realisation in your head, you decide that you really need to keep moving. Unfortunately the cave doesn't appear to like you moving on your own, as you feel you foot suddenly slip on some ice, and soon you are sliding!

Holding onto Rose, determined to make sure that she doesn't get separated from you, you continue to slide with no idea where you were or where you were going. However, soon you see a small amount of light peeking out from a hole, which signifies that you are apparently in an ice tunnel or something. Bracing yourself, you are spit out of the tunnel and instead of hitting something hard, you find yourself landing on something that is actually quite soft. Opening your eyes, you see, thanks to the area being slightly illuminated by something unseen, that you are actually on some type of bedding. Also on the bedding is three eggs, covered up to about half way with the bedding, and strangely enough there is an indent in the bedding that suggests that there might have once been an egg there, and some human looking footprints that lead off into the dark.

What will you do?
 
Last edited:
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
And the train goes bomb!


Bless The Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon
Just a little note, you self updated a bit in your last reply bringing the bomber to the ground, so keep that in mind when replying.


With your hands around the man's neck you threaten the man, thinking that you could stop him from foiling your getaway. Unfortunately, the threat doesn't faze the man. He lets out a deep, gutteral chuckle before he suddenly grabs a hold of your arm and throws you off himself. Slamming into the side of the carriage, you fall to the ground as the man picks himself up.

"You have guts," he says, his voice still in the weird monotone, "But you can't think that you have the ability to stop me, do you? And now you have doomed everyone on this train, for shame."

He goes to press a button on the bombs, and you lunge forward again. This time, you grab latch onto his arm, to try and pull his arm away. Just like last time he throws you off. However, unlike last time, this time you hit a window, which gives way due to the force of the throw. You fly out of the window, and as you hit the ground outside, the force of which makes you feel like you yourself just got hit by a train, the carriage you were just in explodes.

What will you do?

On the floor the bomber struggled, twisting his neck and with an almost robotic sound, the man began to laugh in Ethan’s face.

"You have guts," he said before surprising the young thief by grabbing hold of his arm and throwing him against the carriage where he dropped to the floor, "Argh!" Ethan groaned.

"But," the man said now standing, "you can’t think that you have the ability to stop me, do you? And now you have doomed everyone on this train, for shame."

He goes to press a button on the bombs, but quickly lifting himself up, Ethan takes a linebacker’s stance, almost vividly he could hear the play in his mind Blue 42!, Blue 42!, Hike!, Hike! he charged forward connecting again. Ethan grabs hold of his arm, and tries desperately to pull it away to no avail, the bomber with no difficulty sends the young man through the air, Ethan yells, "Ahhh!" as this time he is sent flying through a window that gives way, Ethan stretches his arm to grab hold of the train, only to have it slip through his fingers tips.

Slamming his back against the ground surrounded by the very trees he had seen earlier, he groans in agony, the impact, ironically, feeling as though his whole body just got hit by a train.

When he looked up to the speeding train, BOMB! A fiery explosion replaced what was the train cart he rode in on.

The fireball that resulted lighting up the way, even feeling the heat from the flames from so far away.

He was responsible for any of the lives lost on the train; if anyone survived he was responsible for their injuries and suffering too. He never was like this, one to care for another human being, what psychopath would? Yet even with the second hand blood stain he now had on his hands the tears wouldn't come, he had no sympathy. He thrashed on the ground punching it until his knuckles began to bleed, and even from the pain, no tears, like a little kid displaying a temper tantrum.

On the ground, he breathed, trying to calm himself down and think. None of this made sense. Too many questions where going through his mind.
-Who was the bomber?
-What was his purpose?
-How was he so easily able to fight back?
-What was with his weird monotone voice?
-Was he crazy?
-Or was he set up by someone else?
-If there was someone behind this, who was he?
But the main one;
-Why?

Ethan again tried to concentrate, this time he needed to think of what he should do next, he sat on the ground and closed his eyes, in the dark realm of his mind he focused on a fixed point, every time his mind wondered he brought it back to that point, until only one thought made the most sense of what to do.

Picking himself up and dusting himself off; he walked until he met the train tracks again, deciding to follow them into the city, where he'd investigate what was going on in this supposed calm town.


Stats.
 
Last edited:
A man who looks Forward!
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Dylan_Cypher: Please reply in LemonChiffon

Mia stopped and tried to remember what the boy who had stolen her pokemon looked like. "Umm, I think he had short red hair, and his nose was really long, like Pinnochio's. The pokemon he was using was a black dog, with curved bones on its back. I think its called Houndorn or something? I'm sorry but that's all I really know."

You nod your head, sure it wasn't too much information but it should be enough to find this boy. Of course, there was the slight problem of how you would actually go about finding him. You didn't pay attention to which way he ran, because of Mia, and even if you had, surely he would be far away by now? What were you going to do? Well, luckily you didn't need to worry about that, as Yukihime suddenly spins around, obviously hearing something that you can't. She lets out a cry and starts running away, seemingly determined to get somewhere. With a quick 'sorry' to Mia, you take after her, surprised that she can run so fast for a pokemon her size. As you run, you can hear a faint noise. Maybe this was what your Snorunt could hear? Continuing towards your runaway pokemon, the noise starts to get louder, and it becomes clear that it is a pokemon crying out in pain! Finally catching up to Yukihime, you can see the source of the cries. Cowering in front of a Houndour, sporting a very obvious burn mark, was a Mienfoo. And the owner of the Houndour? Well he appeared to match Mia's description of the thief!

What will you do?
"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Dylan shouted rushing to put himself between the Mienfoo and it's assailant. He eyed the young man then spoke again through clenched teeth to contain his rage.

"Have you no shame?" His anger was building, but he was aware he may be getting ahead of himself, "You were the trainer who battled with a young girl and her Petilil just outside of town I assume. If that's the case then I have to ask you, How could you do that to another trainer? You have a pokemon as well which means you've been able to befriend one. If that's so how could you separate two friends like that. Not to mention how could you treat pokemon and people the way you did. A person with any shred if dignity or decency doesn't throw a fellow human being to the ground and kidnap their friend!"

By this time Dylan's tone had ascended out of the growl of clenched teeth into full-on accusation. He spun around to indicate the hurt Mienfoo. Yukihime was there doing her best to comfort the creature. Tears nearly came to his eyes at the sight, but indignation drove them down.

"And what is this? How could you possibly make a new friend by fighting them to the point of terror?" He turned back to the young man. The red hair and the long nose both were very obvious and unmistakable features. The fact that this trainer used the same pokemon Mia said she had battled was also damning evidence. He was certain that this was the right guy. He fixed the kid with his best glare of judgement and awaited his reply, all the while worried that the Mienfoo might be more hurt than it appeared.

Team Stats
 
Have a pancake.
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose lets out the Poison Gas in hope that you two can get past the ferocius Beartic. Thanks to the enclosed nature of the cave, the gas soon fills it, causing the bear to start coughing and suddenly no longer being interested in you. Grabbing onto Rose you charge past the Beartic and into the dark depths of the cave. Relieved that you managed to get away from a potentially large problem, you soon realise that maybe charging into the dark completely unknown cave may not have actually been the best idea, especially when it also has a now probably angry Beartic living in it. With that realisation in your head, you decide that you really need to keep moving. Unfortunately the cave doesn't appear to like you moving on your own, as you feel you foot suddenly slip on some ice, and soon you are sliding!

Holding onto Rose, determined to make sure that she doesn't get separated from you, you continue to slide with no idea where you were or where you were going. However, soon you see a small amount of light peeking out from a hole, which signifies that you are apparently in an ice tunnel or something. Bracing yourself, you are spit out of the tunnel and instead of hitting something hard, you find yourself landing on something that is actually quite soft. Opening your eyes, you see, thanks to the area being slightly illuminated by something unseen, that you are actually on some type of bedding. Also on the bedding is three eggs, covered up to about half way with the bedding, and strangely enough there is an indent in the bedding that suggests that there might have once been an egg there, and some human looking footprints that lead off into the dark.

What will you do?


With a loud “WHUMF!” GZ and Rose made their surprisingly smooth landing.

“Again! Again! Again!” Rose shouted from GZ’s arms, clearly pumped from the rough ride. Her trainer, however, was much less enthused. On the contrary, he continued to stay perfectly still for several seconds after the fact, his only sign of life being his rapid, shallow breathing. With a sudden, deep breath, GZ jolted back to life. As the shaken youth made to stand up, he set Rose down in front of him who, in her excited state, immediately started running around the chamber they found themselves in.

GZ, now left to his own devices, began scanning their immediate environment. Whilst the chamber was only partially lit by an unidentifiable, weak light source, he could still make out certain features, such as the presence of a clutch of eggs grouped in the centre.

“Wait a second ...” he mumbled to himself. “Soft bedding. Eggs. Angry Beartic ... Aw, crap.”

As GZ realised what they had stumbled upon, a sinking feeling hit him straight in the pit of his stomach. This wasn’t just any underground chamber, it was a nest. All it was missing was a furious mother looking to rip him a new one, and he was guessing she’d come sliding down after them any minute now.

Thinking fast, he quickly looked around for exit points, of which there appeared to be only two: the ice tunnel he and Rose had just fallen out of, and another shadowy passage opposite it. GZ began pacing around the nest, weighing his options. Whilst he was sure the ice tunnel would lead back outside where they had come from, they’d probably run into Beartic before they managed to reach the exit. On the other hand, they’d barely set foot in the caves before they ran into trouble earlier, so going even deeper into the mountains, as the dark passage probably went, may not be such a hot idea.

“GZ!”

“Not now, Rose,” her trainer replied, mentally mapping out their options. If they wanted to go through the dark passage, he could have his Turtwig, Bramble, use Flash. But that would only draw more attention to them, something which he definitely did not want to do ...

“But GZ, it’s important!” She urged.

“I said no, Rose,” he replied again in a testy tone, before resuming his train of thought. Elm, his trusty Hoothoot, could see in the dark, and he could fly, so they could have him quickly scout out the new tunnel and return back ... but then that would require GZ & Rose stay here, something which was also not an option. And besides, if Elm didn’t make it back ...

THWACK!

Suddenly, GZ was knocked backwards as his Poisonous partner leapt up and delivered a quick Pound right in the kisser.

“Rose, what the Hell!?” GZ shouted, his right cheek now red raw.

“Look!” She insisted, pointing with a green appendage towards the central clutch of eggs. GZ went to examine the eggs. After a couple of seconds, he was about to complain about not getting what she was up to when he noticed something: next to the three eggs he’d been pacing around was a small depression in the ground, and next to that was a set of suspiciously human-looking footprints disappearing off into the shadowy path. He hadn't even realised the marks were there in the gloom, but Rose, who's eyes were much closer to the ground than his, had easily done so.

“Someone must have poached one of Beartic’s eggs!”

“That’s what I was trying to tell you!” said Rose, “we’ve got to find the thief--Beartic'll be so sad if she sees one of her babies are missing!”

“I think she’ll be a little more than sad if that happens, girl,” GZ replied, starting to get a sweat on despite the subzero temperatures.

“If Beartic comes back she'll find one of her cubs gone, and our scent all over the place!” He thought. Taking off his white, cotton hat, he ran his fingers through his teal hair as stress relief. “If we don’t find the real culprit, she’ll hunt us down instead!”

“Well come on! What are you waiting for?” Rose asked, already waddling towards the dark passage.

“Wait, hold on,” said GZ. Hesitating momentarily, he then had an idea. Taking one of his Poké Balls from his belt, GZ clicked the button in the middle. Allowing the red and white sphere to grow to full size before lightly throwing it to the ground. A white light erupted from the tiny ball, quickly reshaping itself.

“Brrrrr, it's a bit nippy!” said Elm upon materialising in mid-air. He began circling above GZ's head to warm up a bit whilst the young man caught Elm's returning, empty Ball.

“OK, Rose, you snuggle up in here,” GZ then instructed, getting down on his knees to allow the Trash Bag Pokémon to tuck herself away into his thankfully spacious backpack, zipping it up halfway. In all honesty, he would rather she return to her Poké Ball, just so he didn't have to keep an eye on her, but she was clearly intent on bringing the thief to justice and helping Beartic out herself. Besides, she wasn't the type to just wander off when told not to, unlike some of his other team mates.

“Alright now, Elm, if I hold onto your foot, you can lead us through the dark passageway over there,” said GZ.

“Why don’t you just have Bramble use Flash?” Elm asked, descending from the space above his head to hover in front of his trainer.

“Trust me, we’ve drawn enough attention to ourselves already.”

“Why am I not surprised?” the cheeky Flying-type snarked.

“Yeah yeah, less talk, more walk. That is, unless you want all of us to end up as Beartic bait, ” said GZ, pointing to the egg shaped depression in the ground, which Elm’s excellent eyesight would make out much more easily than GZ’s would.

“Didn’t realise we’d gone rogue,” his feathered frend said with a raised brow.

“Not us, silly, we need to find the culprit, preferably before the mother gets back,” GZ replied, holding out his hand towards the lippy partner rather urgently. Without another word, Elm flew closer to the young man, allowing him to loosely grip his friend’s visible foot as if he were holding onto a Drifloon. Elm then turned 180 degrees around in GZ’s grasp before leading them forwards briskly.

"And remember, if you see anything unusual or alarming, keep your voice down," the wary traveller cautioned his guide, before being swallowed by the dark once more.

((Team stats))

 
Last edited:
New Breeder
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Forest of Adventure - Jakken

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Jakken walked into the Forest of Adventure with Talluz (his level 5 Zubat) following him closely. He could tell that Talluz was scared, as this was Talluz' first time going anywhere other than a city or town since he met Jakken. Of course, Jakken was scared too, terrified even, but he was 14 years old, and that was the traditional age in his family for a child to go on their first adventure with Pokémon if they hadn't had one yet, and even though his parents would allow him to not go since he was blind, he wanted to go. He walked into the forest and started listening, listening to bird Pokémon’s songs, and the wind blowing through the trees, the Poochyena play-fighting and howling at the moon.
The thought suddenly struck him, the moon, they were howling at the moon! He had left early in the afternoon, but it must already be nighttime, it must have been a longer trip then he thought! He decided that he’d go ahead and go into the forest to find a good place to rest for the night, and venture on tomorrow.



{{My Info}}
 
Last edited:
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Bless the Metal: Please Reply in LemonChiffon

You walk along the tracks, heading your way into the city to try and see what on earth was going on. It was just so strange, and nothing was clearcut at all, why was all of this happening? As you continue to walk along the tracks, you swear that you can hear something, and that there is something watching you. You try to shake the feeling off, but it starts to grow larger and larger, you yourself being weirded out by the sudden onset paranoia that seems to be growing. You see something move from out of the corner of your eye and spin around in an attempt to catch whoeever it was that was watching you!

Which, as it turns out, is a small green blob. Well that is definitely a thing, though why would it have been following you? No sooner do you think the question, than you realise that the Solosis appears to have some kind of band wrapped around the pacifier-like protusion on the top of its head, as well as a vicous look on its adorable little face. It lets out a little cry before its starts to emit a Psywave. Jumping out the way in time, you realise that the Solosis has no plans on letting you get away.

What will you do?


Dylan_Cypher: Please Reply in LemonChiffon

The boy lets out a little chuckle. "Why did I do that? Well why not, she was weak and the weak don't deserve to keep pokemon. And please, what makes you think that I need to befriend a pokemon, they are nothing more than tools at my disposal. And for the record, where do you come off trying to tell what is decent, how do you know that what you are doing is the right thing. Most pokemon are naught more than animals, and why can't I just let them abide the most simple rule of nature. Survival of the fittest!"

As the boy yelled the last word, his Houndour leaped forward, his mouth wide open... and aiming for your face! Both you and Yukihime frozen in horror, you can't make yourself get out of the way of the incoming beast! Mere inches near your face, the hell puppy is suddenly thrown to the ground by a yellow hand. Looking down, you see Mienfoo standing in front of you, heavily panting, holding onto its arm. No longer frozen in fear, Yukihime runs over to the injured fighting type, who appears to have made its injuries worse by defending you.

"Well isn't that sweet," says the bully, "Well how about a little 'deal'. If I can beat you, then I get the Mienfoo and your Snorunt. If you win, I will give you back Petilil. Houndour, melt that snow runt with a couple of Embers."

Evidently, he wasn't giving you any actual choice about whether or not you were going to accept his deal.

What will you do?


Green Zubat: Please Reply in LightSteelBlue

Elm starts to fly forward, your hand firmly holding onto his foot. As the owl leads you through the dark passage, which renders you completely blind to whatever would be going on, you start to feel a little bit anxious about what is happening. Especially considering that with there being the chance that you could get yourself into some serious danger doing this. However, you aren't the passage for very long, as you suddenly find yourself out in a large cavern, which has luminescent moss giving it a small amount of light, just enough to let you see what the cavern looks like. Letting go of your Hoothoot's foot, you take a couple of steps forward, trying to see if you can catch site of the footsteps again.

Unfortunately, the low lighting makes it too hard to see them, and apparently whatever is in right in front of you. Your foot connects with something firm, soft and hairy, and apparently prone to squealing. You look down, and immediatly jump back, just missing your head from being pelted by a Powder Snow. Your eyes adjusted just a little bit more to the lighting, you see that the thing that you kicked was a Swinub, and it wasn't too happy about being kicked and was looking for a fight.

What will you do?


Ev and Ivsaurs: Please Reply in LimeGreen

Deciding that you want to rest for the night, you set forth to find a place to sleep, your trusty starter by your side. Listening to your surroundings, you can hear the movements of various pokemon as they rustle against the grass and leaves of the forest. Talluz lets out a echo, the echolocation coming back both to you and the Zubat. It shows you that there is a shortish path that should end up leading you to a small clearing. That should be a good place for resting, and it appeared to be large enough to prevent anything from being able to sneak up on you without you knowing. Slowly making your way over, after all you don't really know the area well, you make sure to keep listening to your surrounding, Talluz helping via echolocation.

Suddenly, there is a long crashing noise, like that of a tree falling down followed by the sound of something soft falling to the ground near you. The thing that fell started to move, signalling to you that it is a pokemon, its identity confirmed by a slow muttering of "Slllaaaakkkooooooth". The crash sounded pretty loud, like it had fallen a fair bit down, what if the fall had hurt the Slakoth?

What will you do?

 
New Breeder
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Ev and Ivsaurs: Please Reply in LimeGreen

Deciding that you want to rest for the night, you set forth to find a place to sleep, your trusty starter by your side. Listening to your surroundings, you can hear the movements of various pokemon as they rustle against the grass and leaves of the forest. Talluz lets out a echo, the echolocation coming back both to you and the Zubat. It shows you that there is a shortish path that should end up leading you to a small clearing. That should be a good place for resting, and it appeared to be large enough to prevent anything from being able to sneak up on you without you knowing. Slowly making your way over, after all you don't really know the area well, you make sure to keep listening to your surrounding, Talluz helping via echolocation.

Suddenly, there is a long crashing noise, like that of a tree falling down followed by the sound of something soft falling to the ground near you. The thing that fell started to move, signalling to you that it is a pokemon, its identity confirmed by a slow muttering of "Slllaaaakkkooooooth". The crash sounded pretty loud, like it had fallen a fair bit down, what if the fall had hurt the Slakoth?

What will you do?


Jakken tries to go over to the Slakoth to see if it's hurt, but his Zubat, Talluz, wouldn't budge. Since Talluz wouldn't come Jakken tried jumping up to grab Talluz, but he just gave a loud Screech and flew higher to get out of Jakken’s reach. Jakken turned his back on Talluz and started walking away to lure him down. Right when Talluz had just flown back down to his normal height Jakken quickly turned around and grabbed him, taking him towards the Slakoth. Being held in Jakken's arms calmed Talluz down and he was fine with going over to the Slakoth, though still a little bit scared. Knowing that he wouldn’t be able to notice anything other than a flesh wound without applying to much pressure he turned to Talluz to get him to use his Supersonic to scan for deep injuries. And Talluz refused, he backed up a little bit and gave a slight whimper, Talluz was not a medic Pokémon, and for good reason.
He was originally bred for a Pokémon Center, but when he was less than a year old he flew away from his training center and was attacked by a hungry Mightyena, he was lucky that Jakken came along and saved him, however, Talluz was hurt badly, and Jakken's eyes were hurt in a way that left him blind. Since then Talluz has hated to see any Pokémon or Human in pain.
After a lot of trying to convince Talluz to scan the Slakoth, Talluz finally gave in to Jakken and used supersonic to scan the Pokémon, both of them nervous of what they might find.
 
Last edited:
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Who where you expecting, Mr.T?????

Bless the Metal: Please Reply in LemonChiffon

You walk along the tracks, heading your way into the city to try and see what on earth was going on. It was just so strange, and nothing was clearcut at all, why was all of this happening? As you continue to walk along the tracks, you swear that you can hear something, and that there is something watching you. You try to shake the feeling off, but it starts to grow larger and larger, you yourself being weirded out by the sudden onset paranoia that seems to be growing. You see something move from out of the corner of your eye and spin around in an attempt to catch whoever it was that was watching you!

Which, as it turns out, is a small green blob. Well that is definitely a thing, though why would it have been following you? No sooner do you think the question, than you realise that the Solosis appears to have some kind of band wrapped around the pacifier-like protusion on the top of its head, as well as a vicous look on its adorable little face. It lets out a little cry before its starts to emit a Psywave. Jumping out the way in time, you realise that the Solosis has no plans on letting you get away.

What will you do?
With his head down and his hands in his pockets, Ethan walked along the tracks feeling guilty for the consequences of his actions.

Mean while his heart and mind weren't the only things that needed a little healing; the fight had left his abdominals and solar plexus bruised. His back was in constant pain from slamming on the ground so hard after getting thrown out of a speeding train.

As he walked he got this nagging feeling that someone or something was watching him.

An eerie feeling plunged down his stomach, and suddenly he felt sick. Once or twice, he caught sight of something moving in the corner of his eyes, but, when he looked back, nothing was there. The feeling of paranoia soon started to grow. Not capable of handling the situation in his current mental state, Ethan exploded. In frustration he stomped his foot down yelling, "WHAT IS IT? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME?"

Silence…

He took in a couple of breaths and ran his hand through his hair trying to compose himself. He returns to the journey ahead when he caught a glance of a shadow in the corner of his eye.

Whirling around he discovers a small green blob with a strange band wrapped around his head.

Ethan begins to laugh for the way he had reacted earlier for such a small thing.

While he laughs he notices that the creature had a vicious look on its otherwise adorable face, and he becomes serious once more.

Anticipating an attack Ethan jumps out of the way just as the Solosis fires a Psywave directly at him. Realizing that the Solosis has no intentions of letting him go. In one fluid motion he reaches into his torn up army jacket pulling out a small white capsule, pushing the button that enlarges the ball in size and tosses it high in the air.

Upon the capsule's release, a white light materializes on the ground before dispersing, "Snivy!" revealing a small green garden snake.

"I don’t know what your problem is," Ethan says, "But do you even know what I have gone through in the past 24 hours?" Ethan loses it.

"I escaped jail and left behind the city I loved," He says taking off his jacket and throwing it on the floor, "Got my ass kicked by what I’m pretty sure was a robot," he continues taking off his glasses and tosses them on top of his jacket, "oh and here’s the best part, I got thrown out of a motherfucking train that was going, I don't even know how many miles per hour, and then exploded!"

As his trainer spoke, Snivy was already rushing into battle.

"So I don’t need someone like you to come out of nowhere and start messing with me."

"Sni! "

"Chris, use Sunny Day, then wrap that thing with your Vines and when it seems like he can’t get away fire a Solarbeam."


Stats
 
Last edited:
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

EV and IVsaurs: Please reply in LimeGreen
Please note for future replies that you have to write your replies in size 1 font. Also you were reaching into self updating territory when you looked over Slakoth and didn't find anything wrong with it. In this case I just ignored it, but in future you will have to rewrite if you self update.
Talluz lets out a supersonic, albeit apprehensively, but nevertheless he lets it out, the pair of you hoping to find out what is wrong with Slakoth. The noise comes back, both to you and Talluz, giving you a clear picture of the sloth pokemon. Fortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the Slakoth on the surface, and you wouldn't know if there was anything wrong with it on a deeper level. You take another tentative step forward, Talluz flapping beside you, unsure of how you should proceed, when Talluz suddenly swerves in front of you, the sound of the Slakoth falling beside you hitting your ears.

What was going on? Was the Slakoth attacking you? Trying to not make yourself a target, you listen, trying to figure out where the normal type pokemon was planning on going or what it was going to do. Talluz sends out a supersonic, but before it comes back, Slakoth slams into your side. You slam into the ground, Talluz screeching in worry as he flaps his way on over to you. It definitely seems that this Slakoth wants to fight, even though you aren't actually sure why it wants to fight.

What will you do?


Bless the Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon


Charging into battle, Chris acknowledges your orders and looks back at the Solosis. He spreads his arms out, forcing the Day to become Sunnier. Squinting a little bit due to the increased sunlight, the Solosis lets out a little cry before a yellow Reflective barrier briefly appears before it. Switching to the offensive, Chris summons up a pair of Vines, and sends them in Solosis' direction. The psychic type jumps out of the way, and fires a Psywave at them, forcing them back. Jumping out of the way of his own vines, your Snivy gets ready to prepare his next attack when BAM! Chris is propelled back, skidding along the ground. You look on in surprise when you realise that the Solosis had used Zen Headbutt, which was a move that it more than likely should definitely not have known.

Letting out a little grunt of pain, and panting a little bit, Chris opens his mouth, and fires off his Solarbeam. Solosis tries to get out of the way of the attack, but isn't fast enough. Enveloped by the beam, it lets out a little cry of pain before it is thrown back by the force of the beam. Hopping back up, it lets out a little snarl, now panting, and gets ready to attack again. As for Chris, the Zen Headbutt took a bit out of him, but he is still raring to fight.

What will you do?
 
Last edited:
A man who looks Forward!
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Dylan_Cypher: Please Reply in LemonChiffon

The boy lets out a little chuckle. "Why did I do that? Well why not, she was weak and the weak don't deserve to keep pokemon. And please, what makes you think that I need to befriend a pokemon, they are nothing more than tools at my disposal. And for the record, where do you come off trying to tell what is decent, how do you know that what you are doing is the right thing. Most pokemon are naught more than animals, and why can't I just let them abide the most simple rule of nature. Survival of the fittest!"

As the boy yelled the last word, his Houndour leaped forward, his mouth wide open... and aiming for your face! Both you and Yukihime frozen in horror, you can't make yourself get out of the way of the incoming beast! Mere inches near your face, the hell puppy is suddenly thrown to the ground by a yellow hand. Looking down, you see Mienfoo standing in front of you, heavily panting, holding onto its arm. No longer frozen in fear, Yukihime runs over to the injured fighting type, who appears to have made its injuries worse by defending you.

"Well isn't that sweet," says the bully, "Well how about a little 'deal'. If I can beat you, then I get the Mienfoo and your Snorunt. If you win, I will give you back Petilil. Houndour, melt that snow runt with a couple of Embers."

Evidently, he wasn't giving you any actual choice about whether or not you were going to accept his deal.

What will you do?
Just as Dylan was about to utter his reply his thoughts were stopped cold by the view of the Houndour's maw rushing towards him. He felt a stab of fear that froze him in place, crippled, not only by terror of the impending attack, but also by a sense of self-loathing. Was this really the sort of thing he forced Yukihime to face for him? Was this how she must feel each and every time she stepped into battle on his behalf? Time seemed to slow, the doom that awaited him taking a miserable eternity to reach him. He couldn't help but feel that perhaps he deserved what was coming maybe he was too self-righteous. What if, by forcing his own ideals on his Pokemon, he was no better than this kid?

In the midst of his terror and doubt an image of hope, and of truth, pierced through to his mind and freed it from it's paralytic horror. The sight of a Pokemon he didn't know, whom he had just met, risking it's own safety to protect him. The trust and respect illustrated by that single moment of defiance was enough to place his heart firmly back on solid ground and rekindle the flames of his righteous indignation. And the words of the boy that followed served only to fan that flame. Dylan reacted with barely thought to the consequences.

"Yukihime, Double Team and Powder Snow!" Yukihime's typing would be a disadvantage in this battle. He would have to use every strategy available to him. As the snow blew about the battleground, in what he hoped would become an obscuring cloud, Dylan walked to the Mienfoo and carefully picked it up doing his best not to scare the creature.

"You're wrong and I know it! Because a trainer, is supposed to help their Pokemon GROW! By training them to follow the principals of Survival of the Fittest, you fail to do the one thing a trainer is supposed to do. Trainers, no HUMANS and Pokemon haven't evolved to the point they have reached simply by being the strongest or most fit. We have reached this point because we teach each other to be more that brute beasts! It is this bond we share with Pokemon, these ties of friendship, that lead us to victory! Now, Yukihime! Avalanche!"

With this last command he turned and headed through the powder snow back to the edge of the battlefield, or as close as he could judge it. He hugged the Mienfoo closer to himself gently and reassuringly.*

"Thank you for all your help. I'm sorry I can't rush you to a Pokemon Center right away, but this is a battle I need to win first. It may not have seemed like it, but I was the one who challenged him to this battle. I can only hope that it'll teach us all something about the reasons people and Pokemon fight."


Team Stats
 
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Snivy vs. Solosis Part 1: let the force be with you!



Bless the Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon


Charging into battle, Chris acknowledges your orders and looks back at the Solosis. He spreads his arms out, forcing the Day to become Sunnier. Squinting a little bit due to the increased sunlight, the Solosis lets out a little cry before a yellow Reflective barrier briefly appears before it. Switching to the offensive, Chris summons up a pair of Vines, and sends them in Solosis' direction. The psychic type jumps out of the way, and fires a Psywave at them, forcing them back. Jumping out of the way of his own vines, your Snivy gets ready to prepare his next attack when BAM! Chris is propelled back, skidding along the ground. You look on in surprise when you realise that the Solosis had used Zen Headbutt, which was a move that it more than likely should definitely not have known.

Letting out a little grunt of pain, and panting a little bit, Chris opens his mouth, and fires off his Solarbeam. Solosis tries to get out of the way of the attack, but isn't fast enough. Enveloped by the beam, it lets out a little cry of pain before it is thrown back by the force of the beam. Hopping back up, it lets out a little snarl, now panting, and gets ready to attack again. As for Chris, the Zen Headbutt took a bit out of him, but he is still raring to fight.

What will you do?
Charging toward his opponent Snivy nods acknowledging his orders. Stopping suddenly, making the dirt underneath his feet rise a little, he looks up to the sky spreading his arms wide open, and closes his eyes. The effect is almost immediate, and soon enough the sun begins to shine brighter and hotter.

With the scene set, Ethan adjusts his cap and puts on a pair of black glasses to watch the battle more comfortably. While Solosis squints his eyes due to the increased sunlight letting out a little cry before shielding himself with yellow reflective screen.

Snivy drops his arms from their previous position and has two green Vines emerge from where the yellow collar and his green skin meet. Whipping them toward the sky in intimidation making snapping sounds in the air before sending them toward his opponent. The Solosis anticipating just where they will hit jumps and counters with a Psywave, that push the Vines back.

Evading the redirected move, Snivy detaches the Vines from himself as he begins charging up his next move. But before he could open his mouth BAM! Snivy is tackled down, left skidding along the dirt road by the cell.

Looking up Chris is unfazed letting lose an impressive Solar Beam, zapping the Solosis midair that seemed to be just too slow to try to move away from the oncoming attack.

To Ethan the match seemed to be quite even. Though surprising enough he would of never thought a wild Solosis would come to know a move such as Zen Headbutt, two things were for sure. That the Solosis now had to be his and the attack would cost the creature the fight. Victory was sure to be theirs...that was...

Looking at Chris, Ethan watched the snake struggle to his feet as the cell panted and winced from exhaustion still revving to go.

"Maybe I should have picked someone else," the young man said disapprovingly, "maybe you simply aren't ready for real combat yet."

To this the Pokemon looked back at its trainer, remembering all the training he had endured under his ownership. Angry that his trainer had no faith in him, Snivy pushed himself off the ground before charging into battle again having already made up its mind. The rest of the battle win or lose would be on its terms not its trainers.

Facing the Solosis, he closed his eyes to concentrate...he would begin by surrounding the Solosis with Double Team, confusing as well as allowing him time to charge up. Next he would go for a Sword’s Dance, and then finally beginning a never ending assault of attacks with Vine Whip.

Reopening his eyes to the bright world once again, he posed a fighting stance showing his opponent that he was ready to continue.


Stats.
 
Last edited:
New Breeder
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
270
Reaction score
2
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Please note for future replies that you have to write your replies in size 1 font. Also you were reaching into self updating territory when you looked over Slakoth and didn't find anything wrong with it. In this case I just ignored it, but in future you will have to rewrite if you self update.
Sorry about that, I had meant to change it to size 1, I guess I just forgot. And with the self-updating part I see what you mean by that, it was just some bad wording that didn't reflect Jakken being blind.

Jakken went over the Slakoth to try and spot any visible injuries, but he didn't see anything. Knowing that he wouldn’t be able to notice anything other than a flesh wound without applying to much pressure he turned to Talluz to get him to use his Supersonic to scan for deep injuries.
What I had meant to write was closer to "Jakken went over the Slakoth to try and figure out how injured it was, but knowing that without being able to see he wouldn’t be able to notice anything other than a flesh wound without applying to much pressure, he turned to Talluz to get him to use his Supersonic to scan for injuries."
I'm still adjusting to writing for a blind character, so I accidentally let the wrong phrasing in every once in a while.

you wouldn't know if there was anything wrong with it on a deeper level
I'm a bit confused about this part, it might be my fault, since I didn't explain why I was saying Supersonic for scanning for deep injuries. In the Pokémon anime, Episode 165, Hassle in the Castle, Dr. Anna has a Zubat who uses its Supersonic as an ultrasound to examine the internal health of patients, which is why I was using it that way. Sorry I wasn't very clear.
Next time I want to use a move in a way that it's been used in the anime, I'll try and remember to put a link to where it's been used that way in my post.

For future reference, if there's something in my post that wasn't explained properly, and because of that misunderstood, like the Supersonic scan, should I just post to the reply that I've been given, or do I explain what was misunderstood and the updater edit the reply based on it?

I'll assume the first one, and edit this to add in a reply to your post once I've thought of a good reply, I just thought I'd go ahead and post this so that so that you could see it next time you were on.
EDIT: The reply is edited in

Sorry about the large text quotes, it doesn't like letting me change their sizes.

EV and IVsaurs: Please reply in LimeGreen
Please note for future replies that you have to write your replies in size 1 font. Also you were reaching into self updating territory when you looked over Slakoth and didn't find anything wrong with it. In this case I just ignored it, but in future you will have to rewrite if you self update.
Talluz lets out a supersonic, albeit apprehensively, but nevertheless he lets it out, the pair of you hoping to find out what is wrong with Slakoth. The noise comes back, both to you and Talluz, giving you a clear picture of the sloth pokemon. Fortunately, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the Slakoth on the surface, and you wouldn't know if there was anything wrong with it on a deeper level. You take another tentative step forward, Talluz flapping beside you, unsure of how you should proceed, when Talluz suddenly swerves in front of you, the sound of the Slakoth falling beside you hitting your ears.

What was going on? Was the Slakoth attacking you? Trying to not make yourself a target, you listen, trying to figure out where the normal type pokemon was planning on going or what it was going to do. Talluz sends out a supersonic, but before it comes back, Slakoth slams into your side. You slam into the ground, Talluz screeching in worry as he flaps his way on over to you. It definitely seems that this Slakoth wants to fight, even though you aren't actually sure why it wants to fight.

What will you do?
The Slakoth slammed into Jakken's side with a force that knocked him to the ground. It was the second time a Pokémon had ever attacked him... The first since the Mightyena when he was 12. Jakken's mind flashed back to the fight, he had thrown a rock at the Mightyena to get it to let go of Talluz, and then it tackled him, scratching his eyes in a way that damaged them permanently. It took a few seconds before Jakken's mind returned to the present, and he was able to think clearly enough again to realize what just happened. But why did it happen, why did the Slakoth attack? What got it a fighting mood? Jakken decided that it didn't matter why the Pokémon attacked, it wanted a fight, it got one... Jakken pushed the Slakoth off while jumping to his feet, telling Talluz to use Leech Life on it, and backing up to get some space between him and the Pokémon. Talluz flew straight at the Slakoth dug his teeth under it's skin and drained some of it's blood. An attack, and a counter-attack. The battle had begun....

My stats
 
Last edited:
Have a pancake.
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Green Zubat: Please Reply in LightSteelBlue

Elm starts to fly forward, your hand firmly holding onto his foot. As the owl leads you through the dark passage, which renders you completely blind to whatever would be going on, you start to feel a little bit anxious about what is happening. Especially considering that with there being the chance that you could get yourself into some serious danger doing this. However, you aren't the passage for very long, as you suddenly find yourself out in a large cavern, which has luminescent moss giving it a small amount of light, just enough to let you see what the cavern looks like. Letting go of your Hoothoot's foot, you take a couple of steps forward, trying to see if you can catch site of the footsteps again.

Unfortunately, the low lighting makes it too hard to see them, and apparently whatever is in right in front of you. Your foot connects with something firm, soft and hairy, and apparently prone to squealing. You look down, and immediatly jump back, just missing your head from being pelted by a Powder Snow. Your eyes adjusted just a little bit more to the lighting, you see that the thing that you kicked was a Swinub, and it wasn't too happy about being kicked and was looking for a fight.

What will you do?

As the trio ambled through the gloom, GZ began to wonder if what they were doing was such a good idea. Sure nothing could see them, or so they hoped, but they couldn’t see anything either, and even with their seeing eye bird guiding them safely through the tunnel, the lack of light was unsettling to say the least. GZ had hoped that his eyes would adjust at least a little, but the darkness was infinite and unrelenting. Worse yet, in the all-consuming abyss, the volume of optical noise shot up, and GZ’s eyes soon began playing tricks on him. Imaginary flashes of light danced in the blind traveller’s field of view, and the darkness itself seemed to churn in before him, like a sea of shadows, playing on the neurotic young man’s paranoid side. At the same time, the mountain hadn’t gotten much warmer either, and GZ soon found himself scrambling to put his knit hat back on, which took about ten minutes given that he only had one frozen, shivering hand available.

This must be what death feels like,” thought GZ, as they marched onwards. Finally, just as GZ was starting to wonder if he had actually died, an ever so faint, greenish-blue glow became visible in the distance. At first, GZ just thought he was seeing things, but as the team continued to walk forwards, the eerie light only grew stronger, until an opening could be made out, which eventually led them out of the dark passage and into another large cavern. However, unlike the last, this area was dominated not by ice, but a bioluminescent moss, which bathed the cavern in an eerie, greenish-blue lustre.

“Stay here a minute,” said GZ to Elm, as they reached the entrance. He then let go of Elm’s foot, and walked into the cavern, rubbing his upper arms with his hands as he did so. He was trying to spot the thief's footprints again, but it was too dim to tell, even with the light from the moss. Then, without warning, GZ’s silver boot catches on something warm and squishy, and a low-pitched squeal rings through the room as a shadowy blob is sent hurtling several feet forwards.

“Waaaa!” The reckless trainer yelled, jumping back in surprise, and apparently just in time; seconds later, a rush of frigid air flew over GZ’s head, sending a brief shiver down his spine; clearly, he had unintentionally abused a small Ice-type. Whilst GZ could make out the general features of the Pokémon in the cave's ghostly half-light, he couldn't for the life of him recall which species it was, though it was very clear from the critter’s expression that it was seriously cheesed off. Giving up on is own memory, he whipped out his Pokédex, which he’d been keeping in his coat pocket, and pointed it in the direction of the creature.

“Ping!” The machine went, whilst the blue light on top of it flashed, the Pokémon identified, “Swinub, the Pig Pokémon. It has a very sensitive nose. It can locate mushrooms, berries, and even hot springs buried under ice.”

“Hmm, Swinub, eh?” He said to no one in particular, putting his Pokédex back in his pocket. He then swung his backpack off and placed the bag on the ground before unzipping it. “Rise and shine, Rose, we need your help again.”

“Trubbish-trubb!” She replied in a cheery tone, seemingly unaffected by the cold as she hopped energetically out of the warm sack, before moving to stand opposite Swinub at her trainer's gesturing.

“GZ, are you sure about this? Rose is weak Ground, and that attack looked pretty strong ...” GZ’s concerned Hoothoot warned from the sidelines, still hovering in the cave entrance.

“Elm, seriously, it’s fine; I know what I’m doing,” the confident young man assured him, as he eyed the Grass Gem stuck to his Poisonous partner’s back with her Sticky Hold ability. “OK girl, let’s sweeten this grumpy groundhog up with some Chocolate Magic, then dazzle ‘em with your super Seed Bomb!”

{{Team Stats}}
 
Last edited:
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Dylan_Cypher: please reply in LemonChiffon

Yukihime suddenly starts to vibrate, before she splits off into several copies of herself. The houndour rapidly looks from left to right, trying to figure out which one of the copies was the real Snorunt. It lets out a bark before it spits out an Ember, the small fireball harmlessly flying through a copy. The Yukihimes gulp as small speckles of snow start to drop off of the ice type pokemon. With a twitch of the top of her head, the Snow shoots off of the ground as a fine Powder, straight into Houndour. The hell hound lets out a squeal of pain as the fine ice grazes against its body, however it didn't end up doing much damage. Repeating its attack from before, Houndour spits out another two Embers, one harmlessly going through a copy, the other one hitting Yukihime's side. The copies disapparate as Yukihime staggers backwards, the fire attack really hurting. Clenching her little jaw, she fights through the pain before jumping up and down. The ground starts rumbling, before BOOM, an Avalanche comes out of nowhere and buries Houndour. Houndour pulls itself out of the rubble that covered it, starting to pant. While Houndour seems to be starting to get a bit worn out, the Ember that managed to hit Yukihime took a bit of a toll on her.

What will you do?

Bless the Metal: please reply in LemonChiffon


Chris started vibrate before he separated into several copies of himself, the faux Snivys circling around Solosis. The little green blob looks around at the pokemon surrounding it, trying to figure out which one is the real Chris, before deciding to hell with it and shooting out a Psywave. This time however, the psychic waves were much stronger than before, wiping out a quarter of the clones, Chris himself being left untouched. Next all the Snivys started to momentarily glow as translucent swords appeared, the Sword Dance making Chris feel stronger. Determined to beat the grass snake opposing it, the Solosis opens its mouthg before firing off a red and green beam. The Signal Beam hits one of the Snivy and exploded, bringing up a large cloud of dust. You watch in potential horror as you wait for the dust cloud to die down so that can see the result. Instead you have suddenly jump out of the way to prevent yourself getting clocked on the head by a flying Solosis. A panting Chris appears from the dust cloud, evidently having just Vine Whip. Not willing to give up, Solosis rights itself before throwing another Psywave at Chris, the psychic attack sending the grass type to the ground. Both pokemon are still raring to go, but Chris is starting to pant heavily, and is favouring his left leg, Solosis isn't floating as high as it was before, it seems to have less energy left than Chris does at any rate.

What will you do?

The Power of Two: Please reply in LimeGreen
Okay, you were self updating at the end of your reply when Talluz went and sucked the Slakoth's blood, and I am going to ignore this. If this happens again, then you will have to rewrite your reply. So keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that when battling you can use up to three moves, so please take advantage of this to make things go quicker for both you and me.

Talluz hears your command to go after Slakoth and flies towards the sloth pokemon, fangs bared. Slakoth lazily looks at the Zubat gunning after it and lazily Scratches at him with its claw. Unfortunatlely for Talluz, the scratch does hit him, temporarly sending the bat to the ground. Sending out an echo so that you can understand what is going on in the battle, Talluz decides to have another go at Slakoth. This time the Slakoth makes no effort to defend itself, which lets Talluz hooks his teeth into his opponent and suck some energy out of it, revitalising himself somewhat. Realising what just happened, Slakoth lets out a cute little roar and once again Scratches Talluz. Talluz tries to flap out of the way, however his left wing gets hit by the sloth's claw. Letting out a little squeal of pain Talluz flaps his way back to you, waiting for new orders.

What will you do?

Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose looks at her opponent before getting her assault started. Before it even able to move, Swinub finds itself coated with a coat of Molten Chocolate, the Chocolate Magic making the little furry pokemon squeal in pain. Not happy with the attack, Swinub turns around and uses its back feet to Slap a combination of snow and Mud at Rose, the Trubbish not appreciating the ground type move, especially considering that some of it managed to get into her eyes. She raises her stumpy little arms and a small seed pops up at the end of one of them. She brings her hands together and the gem stuck to her back brightly glows as the seed begins to glow. Pulling her arm back, Rose launches the Seed Bomb at Swinub. The small seed hits Swinub before BOOM! it explodes, launching the sticky pokemon a couple of feet. Righting itself, the Swinub appears to be pretty angry at the assault, it sticks its snout into the ground, managing to pull up a Ball of Mud, throwing it at Rose. The mud ball hits Rose full on in the face, throwing her to the ground. She picks herself up, now covered in mud, and tries to shake it off, though it doesn't really seem to want to come off.

What will you do?

 
The Light at the End
Joined
Jan 1, 2013
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
Snivy vs Solosis parte dos!: Clone Wars

Bless the Metal: please reply in LemonChiffon

Chris started vibrate before he separated into several copies of himself, the faux Snivys circling around Solosis. The little green blob looks around at the pokemon surrounding it, trying to figure out which one is the real Chris, before deciding to hell with it and shooting out a Psywave. This time however, the psychic waves were much stronger than before, wiping out a quarter of the clones, Chris himself being left untouched. Next all the Snivys started to momentarily glow as translucent swords appeared, the Sword Dance making Chris feel stronger. Determined to beat the grass snake opposing it, the Solosis opens its mouthg before firing off a red and green beam. The Signal Beam hits one of the Snivy and exploded, bringing up a large cloud of dust. You watch in potential horror as you wait for the dust cloud to die down so that can see the result. Instead you have suddenly jump out of the way to prevent yourself getting clocked on the head by a flying Solosis. A panting Chris appears from the dust cloud, evidently having just Vine Whip. Not willing to give up, Solosis rights itself before throwing another Psywave at Chris, the psychic attack sending the grass type to the ground. Both pokemon are still raring to go, but Chris is starting to pant heavily, and is favouring his left leg, Solosis isn't floating as high as it was before, it seems to have less energy left than Chris does at any rate.

What will you do?
By moving at rapid speed, Snviy made multiple copies of itself that in-circle and trap the Solosis.

Disoriented by the illusions the Solosis looks frantic trying to figure out which one might have been the real one, before coming to the conclusion, the hell with it before letting lose another but much more powerful Psywave that annihilate a quarter of the clones on the spot.

With his arms crossed Ethan looks on from afar not certain himself which one might have been the real Chris...one thing was for sure though, his Snivy had yet to be wiped out.

With an outlined glow all the copies focused, grabbing a translucent sword that appeared in front of them and began to slash the air as they moved in a rhythmic fashion. When the ceremony was complete the swords dispersed and a silver colored glow now outlined their bodies.

Being more determined than ever, the Solosis opens his mouth firing a multi colored beam, striking at one of the clones. On impact the clone explodes, causing a domino effect that wasted the rest and resulted in a dust cloud to surround the arena.

With his view distorted, Ethan was beginning to wonder what had happened to his Snivy, as he moved in for a closer look he jumped suddenly to avoid getting clocked on the head by a flying Solosis.

As he looked back toward the dust cloud appeared a panting Snivy with a Vine sticking up from his left collar, evidently having just used it to Whip the cell. As retaliation the Solosis fired off a Psywave that went right past Ethan's shoulder and hit Chris right where he stood.

"CHRISSS!!" Ethan yelled.

On the floor, Chris kneeled supported by his left leg, panting heavily as he tried to catch his breath. He looked up to Ethan for guidance. And with a glance they both formulated a plan that would end this, once and for all.

Grabbing a pokeball (2 of 10) from his belt, the trainer prepared himself.

"Let’s go Snivy!" he yelled, "Leer! Tackle! And finish with an Aerial Assault!"


Stats.
 
Last edited:
Have a pancake.
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
1,603
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose looks at her opponent before getting her assault started. Before it even able to move, Swinub finds itself coated with a coat of Molten Chocolate, the Chocolate Magic making the little furry pokemon squeal in pain. Not happy with the attack, Swinub turns around and uses its back feet to Slap a combination of snow and Mud at Rose, the Trubbish not appreciating the ground type move, especially considering that some of it managed to get into her eyes. She raises her stumpy little arms and a small seed pops up at the end of one of them. She brings her hands together and the gem stuck to her back brightly glows as the seed begins to glow. Pulling her arm back, Rose launches the Seed Bomb at Swinub. The small seed hits Swinub before BOOM! it explodes, launching the sticky pokemon a couple of feet. Righting itself, the Swinub appears to be pretty angry at the assault, it sticks its snout into the ground, managing to pull up a Ball of Mud, throwing it at Rose. The mud ball hits Rose full on in the face, throwing her to the ground. She picks herself up, now covered in mud, and tries to shake it off, though it doesn't really seem to want to come off.

What will you do?

Without a second thought, Rose obediently turned towards her opponent and began to spew a molten stream of chocolate, causing the wild Swinub to cry out as the scalding hot liquid made contact. Moving as fast as it could whilst covered in rapidly solidifying chocolate, Swinub then spun around and kicked a mixture of snow and earth at Rose, hitting her directly in the face.

“Trub trub!” She yelled as the attack struck. Though she tried to wipe the dirt off, some of it had become ingrained in her eyes, clouding her vision slightly. Nevertheless, she soldiered on. Preparing her next move, Rose then held her arms outstretched, the left of which produced a small seed at the end, before bringing them together. As if in prayer, Rose closed her eyes, and the seed she clasped began to glow. Resonating with the powerful Grass energy that the little Trubbish was channelling, the gem on her back also began to shine, before dissipating into streaks of green light that flew into the seed, imbuing it with additional power. She then opeend her eyes.

“Truuuub … bish!” She shoutedm throwing the supercharged seed directly at her foe.

“Yes! Direct hit!” Said GZ whilst clenching his fist as Swinub was sent flying by Rose’s super effective strike. However, the perturbed porcine was barely out for two seconds before it had rolled over and was back on it’s feet again. Using its head as a shovel, Swinub thrust itself into the ground hurled a chunk of earth into the air. GZ sharply inhaled as he watched the lump smash straight into his poisonous partner, throwing her back several feet, though, like Swinub, she was only down for a second or two before she leapt to her feet ready for action. Still, whilst Rose seemed to have more than enough energy left to battle, her trainer could tell by the increasing amount of mud clinging to his Trubbish’s body that Swinub’s assault had taken their toll on her in other ways too.

“OK, Rose, time to get tactical: First try an Attract, then hit Swinub with some Poison Gas and follow up with an Acid Spray!”


{{Team Stats}}
 
Last edited:
Star Material ~
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone


The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.
Liza was walking out of her current hotel room, where she caught herself looking at the beautiful ocean view reminiscing the last time she had been at the ocean was when she was with her beloved. She missed him ever so dearly but she knew she couldn’t keep reminiscing of the past because she had to keep hope, hope that she would be reunited with him soon. Liza wiped the tear drops from her cheek as Epy her piplup graced her leg as a way of saying, “it will be ok.” Liza quickly smiled and asked if Epy would like to go for a swim since it was such a beautiful day outside. Epy with such excitement quickly dashed to the sand where he stumbled and tripped. He tried to keep his balance but he failed and a soft thump was heard on the sand. He quickly got up, while he cleaned himself off, he looked around to see if anyone had seen him and wobbled off as if nothing had happened. Liza smiled and they both went in for a dip.

statistics
 
Last edited:
New Member
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Re: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

Hey guys, I am going to be switching to doing my updates rapid-firish so that I can get you out quicker. However, just because my updates are smaller, I will still expect the bare minimum of 150 words for your replies.

Bless the Metal: Please reply in LemonChiffon

Determined not to give up, your Snivy stares Solosis in its little eyes and Leers at it, putting the psychic pokemon off guard. In retaliation, Solosis begins to glow, growing brighter and brighter before the light essentially explodes, the Flash dazzling poor Chris. Rubbing at his eyes, Chris stumbles around, his vision very much impaired at the moment. Nevertheless, he continues on, charging forward with his Tackle. The grass snake, pretty much randomly choosing where to charge due to the flash, keeps going forward, luckily managed to run into Solosis, sending the little green blob to the ground. Picking itself up, Solosis shoots out another Psywave at Chris, the psychic attack hitting, but thankfully it appears to be quite weak this time. Gritting his teeth, Chris leaps up into the air and bears down towards his opponent, the Aerial Ace giving him the abillity to see clearly. With a loud WHAM Chris hits Solosis fair and square on the head, pushing it into the ground. Gingerly picking itself up, Solosis sends out another Psywave. This time the attack was moderately strong, but it was enough to bring Chris to his knees. Both of the pokemon are showing signs that they are being pushed to their limits, maybe this battle won't last for too much longer?

What will you do?


Green Zubat: Please reply in LightSteelBlue

Rose saunters on over to her opponent and starts to bat her eyes at the Swinub, hoping to Attract the furry pig thing. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't work, though you aren't sure if it is because of its gender or if the scalding chocolate stuck to it is serving as too much of a distraction. With a little squeal, Swinub charges forward, Tackling into Rose's face. Matching her opponent's squeal with her own, Rose lets out some Poison Gas as she falls backwards. The noxious gas wafts over to Swinub, who is unfortunate enough to inhale it. Coughing, the little pig suddenly charges forward again, Tackling into Rose once again. However, you notice that its movements are a lot more sluggish than they were before, suggesting that the poison has taken effect. Picking herself up, and a bit irate at the constant tackling, Rose spits forth an Acid Spray, the acid spraying all over her opponent. Letting out yet another squeal, Swinub opens its little mouth and starts to blowing, whipping up a Powder Snow, Rose being buffeted by the small particles of snow contained within. Both Rose and Swinub took some damage, but both are still raring to to go.

What will you do?

sweetbbydoll:

Unfortunately there is no update for you this time. While you have a really good writing style, your post contains a large amount of self updating, and I can't let that slide. You need to keep in mind, that as the updator I am the one who sets the scene. So it would have been perfectly fine if you decided that you were going to swim, however unless I have mentioned a pokemon, you can't write anything about them. And the last bit where you see wrecked ships is also self updating, as once again I dictate what happens as the updator. So I ask you to please rewrite your reply, and take into account what I have written.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top