• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Arcane Realm's Recorded History

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

enchantress

Placeholder

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Spellslinger
Reaction score
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
------------------------------------------

A young girl dashed through the grassy plain. Her blue dress blew in the soft breeze with her red hair following suit, a smile could be seen on her face. Her eyes, a radiant blue, shone with the great spark of hope, excitement, and readiness for adventure. Today was the big day. At last, she could truly begin her adventure as a full fledged Trainer. It was a dream come true for the teenager, Heather.

She slowed her run to a walk, and soon stopped. Before her lay a massive forest. This was her destination, yet also her starting point. This was the Forest of Adventure. Tales told that no person that entered here left without experiencing some kind of thrilling adventure. What better place to get started with her journey? Heather smelled the smells of nature, both pleasant ones and...not so pleasant ones. She heard the sounds of grass rustling both from Pokemon and the wind. She could hear bird Pokemon chirping and singing the day away in the branches, the cries building into a cacophony of birdsong, and the buzzing of some bug Pokemon added to the natural music.

Drink it all in. It's finally all real.

The vast forest contained an infinity of possibilities, and yet, it was a mere forest. Of many other places famed for adventure, what drew her to start here?

At that moment, a small figure gently came down to Heather's shoulder, disrupting her thoughts. An Emolga, having glided a long way, and slightly out of breath, turned to face the fledgling Trainer, and spoke.

"Sheesh, Heather. Don't run faster than your guardian Emolga can glide!" It said, with a tone of mock exasperation. Both Trainer and Pokemon chuckled at the joke, before the Sky Squirrel spoke up again. "So, where exactly are we?" it asked.

"Well, Grace," Heather said, a big grin on her face. "This is the Forest of Adventure. They say if you go in, you don't come out before finding adventure. Doesn't it sound like the perfect place to start our journey together?" Heather made no attempt to conceal her excitement.

"Ah, so that's why you were so eager to come here. Adventure sounds fun!" the Emolga chirped. "So, let's get going!"

"I couldn't agree more!" Heather said, and the two took their first step into the trees, a first step that both would remember for years to come.

My adventure is like a show. And this...is the overture.

Member Post

E

enchantress

Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Myles II: Barely able to contain your excitement you enter the legendary Forest of Adventure full of hope that the lore surrounding this area will indeed prove to be true. Grace is just as eager to discover adventure and excitement, and despite the long journey here sets off beside you, keen to explore this whole new world that has opened up before her. The forest certainly is beautiful in its natural state, the ancient trees emanating an almost spiritual aura as you pass through, and you find yourself feeling humbled in their midst. Streaks of sunlight filter through the canopy above, adding to the mystical feel of the forest and you listen with relish to the beautiful sounds of nature all around you. For a place that appears so quiet, it is certainly full of life. You walk for a while, each step taking you further into your new life, while Grace glides about checking out the forest natives. The Taillow flitting from branch to branch, some Ledyba hovering around the berry bushes, a Zigzagoon herding her youngsters to toward the trickling stream that winds through the forest, and the Klefki sobbing by that tree over there. Wait. Stop. Rewind. The Klefki sobbing by that tree over there...

Tapping you on the shoulder, Grace sweeps her wing in the direction of the little Key Ring Pokémon who is so beside itself it doesn't immediately notice your presence as it is far too engrossed in its mad search for something it apparently seems to have lost. Circling about the base of one of the particularly larger trees, quite large in fact, Klefki is blowing up loose leaves, sticks, dirt, rubble, and anything else in its path. Its frantic search appears fruitless though, with the tiny Pokémon becoming more upset by the minute. Finally it notices you watching and stops dead in its tracks, surprised by your presence. Then its expression of panic turns to one of anger as it approaches you rattling its keys vigorously whilst letting loose with a tirade of Pokétalk that Grace loosely translates to mean, "I want it back! You give me back my treasure! It's mine do you hear me, and I want it back!"

Whatever will you do?

Resident Spellslinger
Reaction score

Myles II: Barely able to contain your excitement you enter the legendary Forest of Adventure full of hope that the lore surrounding this area will indeed prove to be true. Grace is just as eager to discover adventure and excitement, and despite the long journey here sets off beside you, keen to explore this whole new world that has opened up before her. The forest certainly is beautiful in its natural state, the ancient trees emanating an almost spiritual aura as you pass through, and you find yourself feeling humbled in their midst. Streaks of sunlight filter through the canopy above, adding to the mystical feel of the forest and you listen with relish to the beautiful sounds of nature all around you. For a place that appears so quiet, it is certainly full of life. You walk for a while, each step taking you further into your new life, while Grace glides about checking out the forest natives. The Taillow flitting from branch to branch, some Ledyba hovering around the berry bushes, a Zigzagoon herding her youngsters to toward the trickling stream that winds through the forest, and the Klefki sobbing by that tree over there. Wait. Stop. Rewind. The Klefki sobbing by that tree over there...

Tapping you on the shoulder, Grace sweeps her wing in the direction of the little Key Ring Pokémon who is so beside itself it doesn't immediately notice your presence as it is far too engrossed in its mad search for something it apparently seems to have lost. Circling about the base of one of the particularly larger trees, quite large in fact, Klefki is blowing up loose leaves, sticks, dirt, rubble, and anything else in its path. Its frantic search appears fruitless though, with the tiny Pokémon becoming more upset by the minute. Finally it notices you watching and stops dead in its tracks, surprised by your presence. Then its expression of panic turns to one of anger as it approaches you rattling its keys vigorously whilst letting loose with a tirade of Pokétalk that Grace loosely translates to mean, "I want it back! You give me back my treasure! It's mine do you hear me, and I want it back!"

Whatever will you do?
Heather blithely strolled through the Forest. The scenery was absolutely stunning, and the ambience radiated a sense that she had indeed stepped into a whole new world. Rays of sunlight filtered through the ancient, yet lush branches of the forest canopy, as Taillow flew through the branches, groups of Ledyba hovered around Berry bushes, and a mother Zigzagoon herded her kits towards the water. Despite the euphoric atmosphere, something was off. Next to a nearby tree, a Klefki sobbed in some kind of distress. Heather almost didn't notice it, but as she went to move on, something clicked that what she just saw was very out of place, causing the daydreamy wandering of her thoughts to be culled, as if someone had just shouted HOLD IT! right in her face. The Key Ring Pokemon, now in full view, had not yet noticed Heather. Given its apparent distress, now was probably not the time to whip out her Pokedex and get its attention with a robotic voice-over of everything about its species. It furiously cleared away leaves and twigs from the forest floor, as if in search of something. Heather wondered just what it was looking for, in hopes of finding it herself. However, the Klefki soon took notice of her presence, making both parties awkwardly freeze up for a moment. The Klefki, however, soon took on an expression of anger, and began shouting and rattling its keys. However, Heather herself had no comprehension of the rapid torrent of poke speech being thrown at her. While it threw her off for a split second, she realized she had a lifeline. She turned to the Emolga on her shoulder, who knew precisely what her Trainer needed without any need to be asked.

"Well, it seems to have lost something, but it thinks you took it. Specifcally, it's saying 'I want it back! You give me back my treasure! It's mine do you hear me and I want it back!' Of course, not that either of us knows what that treasure is..." Grace explained, mulling the situation over.

"I was wondering what it was looking for." Heather said, a pensive look appearing on her face. "Maybe we can try to cajole some more information out of it?" Heather said, contemplating her course of action. Any casual observer could certainly see the metaphorical gears turning in her head.

"Can we really do anything else?" Grace asked. "Besides, this is probably just the start of an adventure, right? Let's do it!" she added.

"You're right. I'll try talking to it. You can try translating for it if the need becomes apparent?" Heather asked.

"Sure can!" Grace chirped, with a quick nod.

"Alright, here goes." Heather said, turning back to the Key Ring Pokemon. "Hey, little guy. I don't have your treasure, and I don't know where it is, or what it is, but I'll help you look for it!" She said enthusiastically. She specifically avoided saying that the Pokemon had lost the item, both to avoid hurting the Pokemon's feelings and to try to establish her innocence. "If I'm going to do that, though, I need to know a few things. First things first, though. Can you tell me just what it is you're looking for?" Heather asked, keeping a calm, supportive, and gentle tone about her voice. That was key-if she couldn't calm the Pokemon, she needed to at least not anger it further...

Member Post

$>300

Last edited by a moderator:
E

enchantress

Myles II: While you talk Klefki's expression slowly changes, its accusatory glare showing uncertainty, and then mistrust. While it may no longer believe that you are responsible for the disappearance of its treasure, it's certainly afraid your only interest in helping is so you're able to keep that treasure for yourself. It fights back tears, struggling with what to do next. What choice does it really have though? Whatever it is looking for is clearly not here and you are offering to help. Two, or even three sets of eyes are better than one and can cover more ground. But can it trust you? Hesitantly, Klefki uses one of its keys to draw an 8cm x 12cm oblong shape in the dirt.

"It's a wooden box about this big," Klefki replies guardedly. "It was entrusted to me many centuries ago. It is never again to be opened, or to fall into human hands. I am to guard it with my life, and I have! Until now..." its voice quivers as it trails off and sniffles lightly, clearly quite upset.

"I buried it right here," Klefki murmurs, looking at a smallish hole in the ground that could easily conceal a chest of the size it has described. "I was only gone for a moment. It was right here..."

Just then you all hear a couple of voices heading your way and while instinct has you wanting to duck out of sight you're not so sure Klefki will play along.

"I found it right over there," says the first, mildly whiny tone of a younger male person. "Ajax dug it up on one of his walks. It looked like it might be worth something so I picked it up."

"It didn't occur to you to look for a key?" replies an older, gruffer male voice. "Somebody wanted it hidden so maybe there's a key somewhere around there too."

"I didn't see anything," replies the first. "But wouldn't it make more sense to keep the key somewhere else in case somebody finds the box?"

"Hmmpf" snorts the other, mildly annoyed. "It's only made of wood, we can smash it open."

Klefki bristles at this, its keys starting to jingle as its anger returns.

"I tried that already but nothing works. My knife, my axe. I'm telling you this box is enchanted. Nothing scratches it!"

"Stop with the magic talk!" the gruff man replies, angry now. "It's not enchanted. It's just some sturdy wood, is all."

"So sturdy an axe doesn't scrape it?"

The next minute the two are on the trail just ahead, both dressed in identical blue trousers with blue and while striped shirts. The first is wearing a blue bandanna, the other black, each with the same white symbol, and both men stop dead in their tracks upon seeing you all staring at them. The younger of the two must be in his late teens. Tall and lanky he's clutching a wooden box covered in runes, his already pale face turning a few shades lighter upon seeing you. His older thirty-something counterpart is short yet muscular, his tanned skin a reflection of someone who spends a lot of time in the sun. A moment later a weird sense of déjà vu comes over you as Klefki advances on them, keys rattling vigorously while it lets loose with a tirade of Pokétalk for which you need no translation.

"Well what's this then?" the gruff man asks, his piercing blue eyes dismissing your presence and zeroing in on Klefki's accessories. "Could it be some keys?" he asks, turning to his younger companion whose cheeks turn red hot with embarrassment.

"That wasn't there earlier!" he insists, looking nervously between you and the Klefki whilst clutching the box tighter. He's been caught red-handed with the wanted goods and knows it.

"Well there little Klefki, are you gonna hand over the key for this here box or is Jaws here going to take them all off of you?" he grins, releasing a Gible whose eyes hone in on the little Keyring Pokémon. Gible gnashes its frightening teeth at Klefki, perfectly willing to forcibly take what it wants if it's not willingly handed over in a timely manner...

Reaction score
The Arcane Realm
Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?
"Whew it's hot." Danny said, wiping sweat from his forehead. As he made his way up a particularly large sand dune, a gust of wind sent sand flying in his face. "Gah! Even the breeze here is ridiculous." Coughing and shaking sand out of his hair, Danny silently cursed his decision to venture out into the middle of a desert with little more than a hope, and a prayer, but he had to be here. He had to get stronger.

Upon reaching his destination; that is, the top of a giant sand hill in the middle of nowhere, Danny surveyed the horizon. "I can see why this place is called 'The Desert of Illusion'." The sun shining high in the sky, was reflected on the sand below. Danny could actually see the heat haze, and thought it would be easy to "see" something that wasn't really there.

With the desert's namesake on his mind, another thought crept up on him. It wasn't so much a thought as it was a memory. A memory of a man with a big smile, and soft voice that Danny didn't like to think about. A memory Danny tried, and more often than not succeeded in pushing to the back of his mind. Whether he knew it or not, this memory made Danny who he is today. It was the reason he was in this desert. He had to get stronger.

Pushing that memory down, as he so often did, Danny focused in one of his life's biggest comforts, his skateboard. Danny loved skating. Always has. He had even won a sponship! Skating always had a way of clearing his mind, making him feel free. There was just nothing else like it. He kept his board strapped to his backpack at all times, but he didn't have the luxury of using it now. Or did he?

Looking down from the peak, at the rather impressive slope of the sand dune, Danny took off his backpack, and dropped it beside himself. "Alright bud, I think it's time for a break." As if from nowhere, a huge stone horn emerged from the sand. Danny couldn't help but smile as he thought of a shark's fin. Like a fish in water. "We'll rest up here for a bit, then it's on to some 'training'."

Danny's Onix fully emerged from the sand, and pressed his nose affectionately into his trainer's chest, knocking him onto his back. Chuckling and returning the gesture Danny happily patted his Pokémon's face. "C'mon nerd lemme up." Upon being released from his Pokémon's pin, Danny threw a couple of treats to the rock snake, took a quick drink of water, and finally started taking the wheels off his board.

After a few minutes rest, Danny packed up, and, with an excited smile, showed his partner the results of his handiwork. "Now let's have some fun." Having known Danny since they were both young, Onix could already see where this was going. He faced his trainer, and gave him a look that clearly said 'bring it.'

"First one down wins." Onix gave a single nod, as Danny dropped his board. The two of them took starting positions. "And don't cry when you lose this time Ok?" Onix Snorted. "Alright. Three...Two...One...GO!"

STATS

Status
Not open for further replies.