• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Artist's Alcove Chat Thread

So I got some complaints my last drawing was too cute XD. Are rottin' deer skulls considered cute?
deerskull.png
I have no idea why I drew this. Maybe a test to try lineless, new brushes and etc. I liked the results. I based this off of a deer skull sitting on a stump at the entrance of my driveway. Based on this picture I took

Last edited by a moderator:
dots0905.jpg

DOTS23.png

Top one: From Google Images.

Bottom one: Made myself.

This is my first time actually recreating a relatively complex image from scratch. I think I did a good job. The dots themselves look a little weird, but oh well.

I see no difference, expect your one is a higher quality than the original.

As Borat would say:
Borat-VeryNice.jpg

as for me i've been doing some realistic pokemon drawings...

houndoom:
voices__by_wingsofstarlight-d4rmh71.jpg

oshawott:
nothing_better__by_wingsofstarlight-d4rv535.jpg

i also did a realistic eagle and wolf. the wolf's currently being submitted to an art magazine though, and my eagle is in my binder at school xD. i'll see if i can get it on monday and take a picture of it.

Ugh, I feel bad. I have someone wanting a request done (arceusAlpha) but I don't really wanna draw it. It's not laziness, it's just too much to draw (rather, instead of one request, he requested 15 at the same time). I'll do one or two for him, but how do I tell him I don't really wanna draw them all without making him mad?
Somebody on another site requested a Cubchoo, and it only took a short time to draw, so what the heck.
Cubchoo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it should be easy enough to tell the person you're feeling a little overwhelmed having to draw so many images and ask him which few he'd prefer to be drawn most? He should understand if you bring it up like that and it'd be a lot better than not saying anything until the end. I'd probably feel the same way if the same person requested I draw fifteen images for them, ha XD;; Would definitely be tough to focus on so many things for one person at once. Good luck!

HERE YOU GO HUMANS. A CREEPER. DONE IN PAINT. And some gimp too...

scaled.php

I opened an art shop where I make avatars! =D
Here are a few I've already done (click on them to make them bigger; I make small version of the avatars that are 120 X 120, and large versions that range from about 420 X 420 to 550 X 550, somewhere around there)

Click here to visit my shop =)

I opened an art shop where I make avatars! =D
Here are a few I've already done (click on them to make them bigger; I make small version of the avatars that are 120 X 120, and large versions that range from about 420 X 420 to 550 X 550, somewhere around there)

Click here to visit my shop =)

Hey, those look cool! I wouldn't cover the Pokémon so much with effects, though, but that's a matter of personal taste I guess. I like to keep 'em clear. :)

Finally got something for you guys. Wanted to wait till someone posted so I didn't double post.

Here's my drawing of the Black 2/White 2 protagonist. I've been working on this ever since details of B2W2 came out. Here's the finished sketch.
Black2White2protag.jpg

and here's a WIP of the lineart so far.

b2w2protaginistwip.jpg

This is my first time using the Paths tool to make lineart so this took hours. ~_~ Now I need to get some sleep.

Made in GIMP by the way.

That looks pretty cool, Kouzan. I'm envious. And oh boy, GIMP's path tool . . . that I don't envy.

Hi guys, btw. Figured I'd come and hang around here a little bit rather than being a Writer's Workshop hermit. I posted an art thread last night, and I'm considering making a banner shop, but I must confess that I'm a little bit nervous. Regardless, I hope to get to know you all better while I'm here.

Just for any spriters left and who actually still sprite, I am making another contest, with three awesome themes! I mean seriously only some spriters are left as per my information, so I'm going to start up my thunder shop again in twenty days, just in time for my summer vacation. Click the image to go the contest. ALSO, for all you graphic artists out there, A graphic (all avatars, banners and drawing) contest will open when my current contest ends and hopefully not, dies.

Can somebody help me make a gif? I try doing it in Photoshop, but it's telling me that I need to shrink it down, but it's a comic, and I don't wanna make text illegible and such, it's 1000x7275, and ten frames. I'll send the frames (all their own images) if you can help. I also tried flash, and it still was too big. Thanks in advance.

Hey all! I've had an art thread for awhile, but I've never posted in here before. So hi. :)

Just come to say Hello to everyone in this forum section.

I just started in drawing fan arts only in this recent month, so far nothing had been posted onto anywhere yet.

I'm currently drawing fan arts which are all related to the fanfic I'm currently writing. Fanfic and Fan arts together, yeah great project for me...

Hello, everyone! I'm Izanagi! I really don't have much to say and I currently don't have any artwork to post since I am nowhere near a scanner but I guess the best I can do is post a link to my dA below hopefully you guys don't mind. Lastly, hopefully we can be friends here.

Magatzu on deviantART

There should be another art contest. There hasn't been one in a long time, has there?

There's only EVER been one contest. There should seriously be more.

Does anyone know a good free image editor for Mac that you can edit each pixel individually?

Back
Top Bottom