• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Ash gets beat thread

King of KOTBC

I'm a squirrel
Reaction score
its always sad and dissapointing but it always helps ash get better your favorite memories of when ash fights well but falls up short personally i remember him and brandon aka torkoal vs registeel man what a fight

They over did it in the sinnoh league, giving Tobias a Darkrai and Latios!
Why would they give him such a easy victory and Ash a easy lost?!

I bet Ash would lose in the Unova League, I know the writers are just dying to do that to him again.

They over did it in the sinnoh league, giving Tobias a Darkrai and Latios!
Why would they give him such a easy victory and Ash a easy lost?!

Easy? Legends are powerful.

Ash himself was lucky to take down two of them, let alone one.

Heck, even Tobias said that he only needed Darkrai to get all badges (and win the final match). So that says something.

ill be willing to bet maybe just maybe tobias will reappear as a villian

Why a villain?

I bet Ash would lose in the Unova League, I know the writers are just dying to do that to him again.

He lost in Kanto. He lost in Johto. He lost in Hoenn. And he lost in Sinnoh.

It's pretty obvious what's gonna happen this time.

why a villain u ask well i ask u y not got legendaries powerful creepy he would make the perfect villain i beleive

If Ash continues to lose, then theres no point watching the anime, the writers are just doing it on purpose.

One of my favorite times Ash lost, was when he battled Tyson in the Ever Grande Conference.

why a villain u ask well i ask u y not got legendaries powerful creepy he would make the perfect villain i beleive

not really, he isn't evil, /your point

If Ash continues to lose, then theres no point watching the anime, the writers are just doing it on purpose.

really? that's news to me

/sarcasm

i don't get your point

I personally never get tired of seeing Ash lose.
Pikachu getting his ass whooped just makes me smile. If Meowth ever gets some badass move and floors Pikachu, I will cry tears of absolute happiness. It will probably never happen, but I can dream.

My favorite Ash defeats are definitely any time he's battled Paul, their full battle before the league was my all time favorite, it made me love Ursaring and Magmortar, two Pokemon I didn't like much before that episode.

You watch cuz you enjoy the characters, new Pokemon, the crazy adventures of Ash and his friends. Of course they are doing it on purpose, the series still brings in money games wise and the anime beats every series on Cartoon Network ratings wise and does is in the top 10 in Japan's ratings. So why replace Ash when they have a good thing going? Besides, every time a series does replace a main character in an anime the series ratings/sales always go down. They have a good thing going here, Ash loosing is the best way to keep drawing in newbie fans.

I could actually see Tobious as a villain, it just fits himXD

I honestly don't mind Ash loosing, its epic when he wins too though.

his looks, yes, but he's not evil

alright ya want a point well here it is they bring in a random character make him win a league they aint gonna just dror him wuold they? so i very much beleive tht he could be a villain and nobody in the sinnoh league realized it it kinda makes sense no? oh nd i kinda got the wrong quote but watev sorry

Could we get back on topic to Ash's losses? This isn't about whether or not Tobias is a villain or not.

Thanks.

My favorite episodes when Ash lost were:

- When Ash lost to Ritchie, "Friend and Foe Alike"
- When Ash lost to Whitney, "A Goldenrod Opportunity".
- When Ash lost to Brawly, "Brave The Wave".

Could we get back on topic to Ash's losses? This isn't about whether or not Tobias is a villain or not.

Thanks.

alright alright ur right sorry got a little sidetracked anyway whoever it was tht said they would love to see ash beat aj i second that i would love to see him face aj plus i wanna see tht sandshrew again so yes tht loss in itsself wasnt all tht great of a battle though in my opinion but i loved the character

Last edited:
Both times Ash has lost to Gary and when Paul destroyed him in their first full battle.

I would personally pick the one that caused him to develop most as a character. Strangely enough, I would have to go with his loss to Richie on that. Not only was this one of the most devastating losses he has had, but it's the one that would eventually make him a better trainer, eventually getting Char to obey him, and only getting better from that point on.

His loss against Tobias was the most epic. Pikachu never looked better... if only ash hadn't run out of Pokemon. And Ash "losing" every league is not as bad as it sounds. Top 16 in Kanto, top 8 in Johto and Hoenn, and top 4 in Sinnoh. Also winning orange league and battle frontier. Ash is not a loser with a resume like that. He has beat some of the best. So what if he hasn't actually own a major pokemon league yet, he's only 10. (and if the writers deiced to age him he could be around 13-14 which is still very young)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom