• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Aura Tourney (Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Storm

Summoner of Lightning
Reaction score
In the Hoenn region, there is an island that was created by the Weather Trio: Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. The island is truly unique, as it contains all of the major types of terrain in the world: Swamp, Pond, Cave, Tundra,Desert,Forest, Mountain, Volcano, and Beach. The new owner of the island, an Aura Guardian and skilled trainer named Lucas Sovner, has decided to host a tournament on the island. He has spent months preparing for it, having a city-like area built in the center of the island and bringing in trainers called Terrain Masters, who, as their name implies, specialize in battling on specific terrains.

The island is now ready, and the tournament is soon to begin.

Ok this is a tournament RP. The tournament takes place on the island mentioned above,and I need two kinds of characters: Trainers and Terrain Masters. Trainers can have six pokemon with them, and three additional ones they can swap out with their current ones at the Pokemon Center on the island. Also, all characters receive a Poke Gauntlet, a high-tech gauntlet that monitors matches and keeps track of trainer ranks, among other features, when they enter the island. The gauntlets will be explained further in the Start-Up

Rules
1.No Godmodding
2.Keep Romances At a PG-13 Rating
3.No Double Posting
4.Avoid Tennis repeated posts between only two people)
5.If you've actually read these rules, put the word "Midnight" somewhere in your sign-up

Sign-Up Form

Name:

Age (16 and Up):

Appearance:

Trainer or Terrain Master:

Terrain Specialty Only needed for Terrain Masters):

Background:

Pokemon (Six, and you can have 3 additional ones in PC storage to swap out):

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design:

Other:
__
Here's my character's form to give you an idea about what yours should look like

Name:Lucas Sovner

Age (16 and Up):28

Appearance:
album.php

Trainer or Terrain Master:Trainer

Terrain Specialty Only needed for Terrain Masters):N/A

Background:Lucas was born in Slateport City. He received his first pokemon, a Riolu, when he was ten. He was heading to the Cycling Road to run errands in Mauville City, when he saw several Electrike attacking the Riolu. He ran in to save him, and, though it was at the cost of several shocks to himself, he succeeded. Ever since then, that same Riolu, named Aurora, has been Lucas's companion throughout his journey.Along the way, Lucas caught several other pokemon, but Aurora always was with him regardless of other options. Shortly before Lucas decided to become an Aura Guardian, Aurora evolved into a Lucario.

Lucas is now an Aura Guardian and is hosting the Aura Tourney for reasons no one else knows yet....

1.Aurora (Lucario, Male)
2.Gaia (Torterra, Male)
3.Sky (Salamance, Female)
4.Volt (Galvantula, Male)
5.Knight (Samurott, Female)
6.Shooter (Drapion, Female)

ADDITIONAL
-----------
1.Blaze (Infernape, Male)
2.Midnight (Honchcrow, Female)
3.Cyber (Porygon Z, Genderless)

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design:Black with red slash mark-like detailing.

Other:Midnight

EDIT:Here's the roster so far

Terrain Masters
Swamp-

Pond-Lily Skywater (WeatherWitch)

Cave-Zaar (Ombrare)

Tundra-Samuel Adams (IanDover)

Desert-

Forest-Santos de la Bosque (Ombrare)

Mountain-Logan Bacalzo (bpj1999)

Volcano-Pilot Ikaros (Oswald)

Beach-Kyla Starr (Truckeeben)

Trainers
Lucas Sovner [Tourney Host] (InfinityLuxray)

Calvin O'Brien (Calvin127)

Jakku Ebansu (JakkuEbansu)

Sierra Miller (IanDover)

Camille O'Brien (Calvin127)

Adasia (andasia)

Megan Gilham (MegYosh)

Aaron Swift (Glory Blaze)

Haley Floresca (InfinityLuxray)

Last edited:
Name: Calvin O'Brien

Age (16 and Up): 18

Appearance: Fair skin, golden-brown spiky hair, vibrant, warm blue eyes, blue hat with gray Pokeball symbol, blue sleeveless 6 pocket vest, gray long sleeve undershirt, blue gloves with gray fingers, blue cargo jeans, blue and gray backpack, and blue shoes with gray trim. Stands at 5'9" with an average build.

Trainer or Terrain Master: Trainer

Terrain Specialty Only needed for Terrain Masters):

Background: Calvin is the youngest in his family, along with his twin sister, Camille. He has learned a lot from his family. Unlike most other youngest children, his siblings support and watch over him and do not tease him. The only thing he doesn't have is actual experience.

Espeon(female)
Togekiss(female)
Dragonite(female)
Snorlax(female)
Leafeon(female)
Riolu(female)
(reserve)
Milotic(female)
Ninetales(female)
Electivire(male)

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design: Blue with gray fingers and blue-and-gray Pokeball symbol on the back

Other: I'll be here 'til midnight.

Last edited:
Name:Logan Bacalzo

Appearance:He has long black hair that reaches down to his nose and dark brown eyes. He wears a black t-shirt under a dark grey zip-up sweatshirt. He wears dark blue jeans and a black baseball cap with a green pokemon league logo on it.

Trainer or Terrain Master:Terrain Master

Terrain Specialty Only needed for Terrain Masters):Mountain

Background:He was born in Olivine City in the Johto region, where he started his journey with his eevee. He's traveled all through out Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh,and Hoenn, beating the Elite Four in each one. It took over six years to accomplish this. He was invited by Lucas to stay take place in the Aura tournament as a Terrain Master.

(Party)
Umbreon(Male)
Rhydon(Male)
Dragonite(Male)
Steelix(Male)
Sceptile(Male)
Machoke(Male)
(Reserve)
Tyranitar(Male)
Arcanine(Male)
Nidorino(Male)

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design: Black with yellow lighning bolt designs all over it.

Other:He loves to walk outside at midnight.

Edit:does this work?

Last edited:
Both approved

EDIT:Sorry but I looked again more closely.Bpj, somehow I missed the terrain master part (I was on a sugar rush) and you have to focus on pokemon adapted to or originating from a Mountain area. I can approve Graveler, Steelix, and maybe Sceptile and Arcanine, but the other ones need to change. Want some suggestions?

Last edited:
If the GM doesn't mind me speaking for him, the sign-ups just started, so they'll be open for awhile.

Name: Jakku Ebansu

Age (16 and Up): 16

Appearance: Brown Hair, Glasses, a Trenchcoat, Baseball boots, Skinny Jeans and a Samurott T-Shirt

Background: Born in Pallet, Jakku has travelled through all regions, and is now partway through his Unova quest. He received an invitation during the Indigo League Conference, and over a bottle of rum, decided to come.

King (Blastoise)
Ichi (Slowking)
Samurai (Samurott)
Queen (Charizard)
Rexy (Garchomp)
Bright (Umbreon)
Blitz (Snorlax, reserve)
Kakashi (Shiftry, reserve)
Bliss (Togekiss, reserve)

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design: Black and Chrome. Covered in stickers.

Other: Loves Rum, and Ramen.

MIDNIGHT!

Last edited:
Denied

First of all, your missing something Jakku. Also, I would suggest that you use your 3 Additional ones as this is not gonna be a tourney that takes place in a single day. It would take about a month in the RP at most, at least two or three weeks at the minimum.

Name: Sierra Miller

Appearance: Sierra is relatively tall for a female, coming in close to six feet tall: missing that target height only by a single inch. She is a slim figure, not exactly your body shaped like an hour glass, but she is in no way physically unfit. Her typical garb consists of jean shorts cut off at the knee (shoddily, too - one can see bits of remnant fabric covering her a bit further, like it was torn instead of cut), a t-shirt of varying colors (her favorite color is blue, though, so she owns more blue t-shirts than any other), and her black jacket. Her face is one of a modest girl, blue eyes typically glancing all around the place. Her black hair comes down to about ear length.

Background: Sierra was born and raised in Goldenrod City, Johto. She got her first Pokemon at the age of seven, a Caterpie from nearby Ilex Forest - the two bonded quite well. She decided one day to challenge the local gym leader, Whitney, and won with some difficulty. She challenged the Indigo League, Johto Sector, and won six badges - the only badges she didn't win were the Zephyr and Hive Badges, as she decided to end her league challenge. She is currently on vacation in Hoenn. But hearing about the Aura Tournament, she has cut her vacation short.

Pokemon:

• Format - Pokemon (Gender; Nickname)
    -
  • Butterfree (Male; Pip)
  • Furrett (Female; Zip)
  • Togepi (Female; Lip)
  • Nidorino (Male; Tip)
  • Tyrogue (Male; Chip)
  • Porygon-2 (Genderless; Blip)

Reserve:
  • Croconaw (Jaws)
  • Misdreavus (Spooks)
  • Tangrowth (Vines)

All three reserves are traded Pokemon, and tend to listen less.

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design: Pink with a red top.

Other: Sierra is quite the avid writer. She enjoys sitting down and writing things like poetry and even some short stories, but she does not show them to a soul. She is a timid person when it comes to things like this. She occasionally goes on midnight walks.

Last edited:
Name: Known only as Zaar. That isn't his name, but no one but himself knows his actual name.

Appearance: He has pale skin, a lithe figure, and a gaunt face that gives him the vague appearance of a vampire. He also has eyes of a dark crimson, and black hair that goes down to about the bottom of his neck. His hair is also draped over his left eye, which was brutally scarred in a horrific incident.

He always wears a black, hooded trench coat that goes down to about his knees, as well as gloves, pants, boots of the same color.

Trainer or Terrain Master: Terrain Master

Terrain Specialty: Cave. If there was something along the lines of a castle, I would secure that spot almost instantly, but alas, there isn't.

Personality: Under normal circumstances, he comes off as a sophisticated, yet somewhat sadistic person. He has a smooth tongue, and yet, he has a tendency to fight with pragmatic and oftentimes brutal methods. But that's what he loves doing. However, he tends to be horribly overconfident in his own abilities.

But if things aren't exactly going his way, his personality changes drastically. He dissolves into a barbaric rage, constantly shouting, and he becomes all the more dangerous. He never forgets a defeat, and will do anything to defeat the person who, in his eyes, humiliated him.

Background: Zaar was born to a high-class family, who situated themselves in the town of Ecruteak. They expected great things from all of their children. While his siblings went on to develop skills in a variety of subjects, Zaar didn't seem to take an interest in anything that his family had to offer, and didn't seem to develop any skills. As such, he was considered a black sheep, and was treated as such.

Berated by his parents, and taunted by his siblings, he was forced into a life that he didn't belong in. The relationship between him and his family began to decay throughout the years, and with it, so did his sanity and sense of morals.

After a while of enduring this torment, he ran. Far, far away. So that he would never have to see his family again, and to forge a new life, to fit in with others. But even then, he couldn't fit in. No one accepted him, and no one had any sense of sympathy towards him and what he had to endure.

While he was traveling through a dense forest at dead midnight, a blood-crazed Scyther attacked him for invading its territory, slicing him across the eye. Right when he thought he was done for, a Bisharp came out, and subdued the beast. Zaar, grateful for the Pokemon's intervention, developed a kinship with the Pokemon. But the incident had taken its toll on him. He had a revelation.

Why should he have to fit in? Why can't he live his own life, free from the rules that govern all others?

Pokemon

Zoroark (Iluzja)
Tyranitar (Guerra)
Crobat (Alato)
Dusknoir (Nero)
Garchomp (Drako)
Excadrill (Marek)

Reserve Pokemon

Gigalith (Ruggito)
Galvantula (Ragno)
Cofagrigus (Morte)

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design: A pitch-black design with a blood-red trim, and the design of a screaming, dark red skull.

Other: This is actually a relatively tame version of this character. Trust me, under other RPing circumstances, this guy can be a hell of a lot nastier.

Last edited:
Do Terrain Master's reserves have to be for the terrain too? If so, I can edit. But for now...
Name: Kyla Starr
Appearance: Just like a Cerulean City sister (I'll explain in the bio.)
Specialty: Beach
Bio: Has the same parents as Misty and her sisters but she was put up for adoption and was adopted by a family in Goldenrod City. She has her birth family's natural synergy with water Pokemon. She received her invitation letter at exactly midnight.
Pokemon team:
Vaporeon (Male)
Blastoise (Male)
Tentacruel (Male)
Golduck (Male)
Krookodile (Male)
Poliwhirl (Male)

Reserves:
Crocanaw
Kingler
Buizel

Perferred Gauntlet design: Blue with a wave design
Other: In case you didn't catch it, she got her invitation at MIDNIGHT.

Added a Ground type to replace Dewgong because Dewgong is really more arctic.

Last edited:
Wow this is spreading quicker than I anticipated.

IanDonyer-Approved. I found nothing lacking in your sign up. But you need to edit one thing: Porygon and its evolutions are always genderless.

Ombrare-Approved. Again, I found nothing lacking and thank you for keeping your character tame

Truckeeben-Approved. Yes they should but you're team is acceptable for the beach terrain as is. There is a water part to the beach too, and the only change I would make is maybe including something like a Sandile or one of its evolutions, or something else that would be able to easily use the sand of the beach to its advantage.

bpj1999-Approved and yes I think each Terrain Master could get away with having a pokemon that isn't specifically adapted to the terrain, as long as it isn't too much of a stretch like using a Swampert for the Volcano or something like that.

Also, I made a group for the RP here's a link to it.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/group.php?groupid=2150

Also, I need to put something I forgot to tell you guys. In the RP, the tourney would last at least a month in its time. The battles between trainers are not planned and if you are not in the center city or in route to a designated battle, then you can be challenged by another trainer at any time.

Last edited:
No I need more Trainers and hopefully one Terrain Master for each of the ones on the island

Name: Samuel Adams

Appearance: Sam is a ragged looking man, with a head of hair that is exempt from any notions of care. He combs it every once in a while, but does so that small amount of time because he fears it will hurt. He stands at roughly five and a half feet tall with a belly that fluctuates between size and lack of such (his habits tend to make him grow, while his career ends up making him slim). Perhaps one of the more snappy dressers of his kind, he tends to wear sweatpants, a surprisingly thin shirt for his type of worker, and a scarf. Each varies in color from day to day. His nose is consistently a bright shade of red, a contrast to his bright blue eyes.

Terrain Specialty: Tundra

Background: Samuel Adams grew up in Iccirus City, Unova, with a drunk father and a submissive mother. His mother loved him dearly, but wasn't quite able to defend him from his father, who beat the both of them regularly. Sick and tired of it, Sam moved away from Unova toward the more modest Hoenn region, at the age of sixteen - he brought only his good companion Cubchoo with him. He has spent three years in Hoenn, before going on vacation to Sinnoh. This is where two major events of his life happened; first, he caught his second and third Pokemon, a Glaceon and a Snover; second, he picked up the drink like his father. He has spent his days in Hoenn since as an alcoholic who enjoys his alone time in the frozen terrain of the Tundra.

Pokemon:
  • Cubchoo
  • Glaceon
  • Abomasnow
  • Frosslass
  • Sneasel
  • Piloswine

Reserves:
  • Magneton
  • Bisharp
  • Slowking

Preferred Poke Gauntlet Design: Blue with white stripes.

Other: Sam left his home at midnight on the dot.

This is acceptable, but I would like to make a few suggestions. First, why not go ahead and use a Mamoswine instead of Piloswine and a Weavile instead of Sneasel?

Otherwise, accepted.

I also have decided that no one can control more than 2 Terrain Masters.

This is acceptable, but I would like to make a few suggestions. First, why not go ahead and use a Mamoswine instead of Piloswine and a Weavile instead of Sneasel?

Otherwise, accepted.

I also have decided that no one can control more than 2 Terrain Masters.

I prefer Piloswine and Sneasel right now - I'm assuming evolution will be allowed mid-RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom