• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Avatar above gets turned into a Pokémon

Starmie

the newly leaked galarian meowth evo
looks up this supposed leak

Heracross

excuse me did you just insult my precious boi? with the funniest non alastor or angel dust moment of hazbin hotel?

3f2t18.gif

...I’m sorry, I just really think it looks ridiculous, especially the supposed evolution xD If it turns out to be real, I’ll wonder why they didn’t just stop at regular, Alolan, and Gigantamax Meowth

Carracosta
Heracross

3f2t18.gif

...I’m sorry, I just really think it looks ridiculous, especially the supposed evolution xD If it turns out to be real, I’ll wonder why they didn’t just stop at regular, Alolan, and Gigantamax Meowth
Personally, I never really liked Alolan Persian, I only vaguely like Alolan Meowth (and it's not even a Pokemon I'd call a favorite, either), and Giga Meowth just doesn't cut it for me. I like how distinct 'Purrserker' looks in comparison, and it has this 'Ugly Cute' look that appeals to me. I will say that it's yet another contribution to an overdose in utilizing Gen 1 Pokemon as a source, though, and I guess it is one too many Meowths.

Dusclops

Personally, I never really liked Alolan Persian, I only vaguely like Alolan Meowth (and it's not even a Pokemon I'd call a favorite, either), and Giga Meowth just doesn't cut it for me. I like how distinct 'Purrserker' looks in comparison, and it has this 'Ugly Cute' look that appeals to me. I will say that it's yet another contribution to an overdose in utilizing Gen 1 Pokemon as a source, though.

My biggest problem with it is I don’t really think it works with the established Meowth family. Regular Meowth I find cute, regular Persian I find rather boring, but they make sense as a unified line. Alolan Meowth is cute too, Alolan Persian adds something interesting imo, and they both work as regional variants of their base evolution line. Gigantamax Meowth does stick out quite a bit from the original line, granted, but as far as a phenomenon that turns Pokémon into a gigantic monster version of themselves goes, I think it still works great and is cute/creepy/hilarious all at once in its own right, while it’s not too much of a...stretch—snicker—to imagine that a Gigantamax Meowth would look that way. But now this leak comes along, and I think it feels really out of place. Starting with the Galar Meowth form, I would say the fur color change and spikiness is plausible, but the charm changing color and the teeth being completely different from the established Meowth forms feels very bizarre, to say the least. And then with this supposed new evolution... I can’t even tell what they’re thinking with this. Meowth growing horns (even if it just turns out to be fur “horns”) is hard enough to buy, but its ears are like, shrunken away for whatever reason, and there’s that inexplicable growth behind the charm (which changed colors again? Why?), which just looks silly considering that Meowth didn’t need such a growth in that spot before. And maybe it’s just the 3D model, but that “beard” and the dividing line between the top and bottom halves of its head look pretty poorly done imo. Basically, this Pokémon doesn’t feel like it should be related to Meowth at all. If it’s a real design, I’ll be left wondering why they didn’t just use whatever concept they’re going for with a new Pokémon line instead, which I feel would have worked better than this mess.

golurk
My biggest problem with it is I don’t really think it works with the established Meowth family. Regular Meowth I find cute, regular Persian I find rather boring, but they make sense as a unified line. Alolan Meowth is cute too, Alolan Persian adds something interesting imo, and they both work as regional variants of their base evolution line. Gigantamax Meowth does stick out quite a bit from the original line, granted, but as far as a phenomenon that turns Pokémon into a gigantic monster version of themselves goes, I think it still works great and is cute/creepy/hilarious all at once in its own right, while it’s not too much of a...stretch—snicker—to imagine that a Gigantamax Meowth would look that way. But now this leak comes along, and I think it feels really out of place. Starting with the Galar Meowth form, I would say the fur color change and spikiness is plausible, but the charm changing color and the teeth being completely different from the established Meowth forms feels very bizarre, to say the least. And then with this supposed new evolution... I can’t even tell what they’re thinking with this. Meowth growing horns (even if it just turns out to be fur “horns”) is hard enough to buy, but its ears are like, shrunken away for whatever reason, and there’s that inexplicable growth behind the charm (which changed colors again? Why?), which just looks silly considering that Meowth didn’t need such a growth in that spot before. And maybe it’s just the 3D model, but that “beard” and the dividing line between the top and bottom halves of its head look pretty poorly done imo. Basically, this Pokémon doesn’t feel like it should be related to Meowth at all. If it’s a real design, I’ll be left wondering why they didn’t just use whatever concept they’re going for with a new Pokémon line instead, which I feel would have worked better than this mess.
I concur that meowth shouldn't have so many forms, but I'd rather have galarian meowth and purrseker than gigantamax meowth, especially since gigantamax meowth won't even be decent in battle due to its atrocious stats. Galarian meowth and purrserker have pretty decent designs, I like their sharp teeth and I quite like the latter's horns. I do prefer meowth's black coin to purrserker's gray coin, but both are nice. Their fuzzball appearance gives them a rugged look that's quite appealing. Purrserker does look very much different than any meowth we've seen in the past, but is that such a bad thing? I don't know much about this, so don't hold me to it, but I remember hearing that it has something to do with pirates, which is a fun spin on meowth's obsession with treasure and shiny things. So it's connected in that sense. Alolan meowth is delightfully elegant and sassy, I like it very slightly, so I don't know which of the two regional variants I prefer. I slightly prefer purrserker to both, though, and it's definitely much better than either persian form.

Back
Top Bottom