• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music The Background Music Thread

The original series had some truly memorable background music like the hard-charging and hard rocking "Burning Battlefield"; the triumphantly epic "I Got a Victory Badge" and "Fighting Spirit"; and the tense "Raid!"

The current series doesn't have any truly memorable background music. To be honest, I have to wonder if Shinji Miyazaki is still composing or if he's lost the flair.
Have you noticed how awful the trumpets sound in Miyazaki's XY music?

If XY still used a lot of old music, TPCI might have kept most of it.

If anything AG-era music had the most notable trumpets, no doubt trying to replicate the soundfront used for the Gen 3 games.

I feel like his weakest saga was Best Wishes. XY had a few really good stand-out pieces and I'm disappointed we haven't seen any kind of BGM release for the regular tv episodes.

I think BW soundtrack is good compared to SM. Actually, I never had a problem with BW's music department, it's best part of BW.

Can we talk about MPM Ballad Version and what insanely emotional moments they might use it in?...

It sounds too grand and beautiful to use on regular episodes. I can only picture a series finale using it.

[S&M game spoiler]
...or Lillie's farewell before leaving to Kanto.

Last edited:
I know this isn't new to you but....
Whom of you think that
View: https://youtu.be/xfzJerP7OQM
should have been used in Tripokalon opening scenes instead of Xerneas/Yveltal/Zyagrde's battle theme, especially when Monsieur Pierre danced with Kalos Queen Elle? Also do you think it would be better if
View: https://youtu.be/qMlMJcuDgC8
was used instead of Meloetta's theme in Monsieur Pierre's Dance Party?

I thought the Kalos legendary theme worked well in that scene in the original. It would have been weird to hear the contest theme in something that has nothing to do with contests. Also I just don't think the contest theme would fit that scene in general.

As far as the dance party goes, I guess Difficult Dance could work, but Meloetta's theme is so much better than that song it isn't even funny.

I may as well ask here: Is there an anime version of the Route 120 BGM? Because I vaguely recall hearing a track during a subbed Hoenn episode six years ago that sounded similar, yet I can't recall which episode it was used in, or if I was just imagining things. :oops:

I thought the Kalos legendary theme worked well in that scene in the original. It would have been weird to hear the contest theme in something that has nothing to do with contests. Also I just don't think the contest theme would fit that scene in general.

As far as the dance party goes, I guess Difficult Dance could work, but Meloetta's theme is so much better than that song it isn't even funny.
After Ryu Taylor said that the Kalos Legendary theme is unfitting in showcases, I think it should have only been used more often in battles, since for hell's sake it's a freaking battle theme

Yeah but its one of those battle themes that works well in a lot of different situations. Its a grandiose song so I think its a perfect fit for the Kalos Queen's grand entrance.

What do you think if....
Shinji Miyazaki will be doing the score for Pokemon Movie: Detective Pikachu?
Yeah but its one of those battle themes that works well in a lot of different situations. Its a grandiose song so I think its a perfect fit for the Kalos Queen's grand entrance.
Ask Ryu Taylor and you''ll know what I mean

I may as well ask here: Is there an anime version of the Route 120 BGM? Because I vaguely recall hearing a track during a subbed Hoenn episode six years ago that sounded similar, yet I can't recall which episode it was used in, or if I was just imagining things. :oops:
None of the Hoenn route themes got an arrangement for the anime, as far as I know.

I'm sure this has been asked but what are some game tracks that you guys wish had been remixed for the anime? I can think of Goldenrod City (no the GSC bike theme does not count!), Johto Route 47/48, Castelia City, and Unova Route 10. Also Lavender Town, apparently it *was* remixed but I can barely recognize the supposed remix.

Cinnabar Island theme, Mt Pyre outside, Frontier Brain battle themes (Platinum's more than Emerald's), the Global Terminal, BW elite four battle, and the Colress battle.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom