• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music The Background Music Thread

Ever since XY, the earliest tracks being used in the show are from Movie 15 and its associated Pikachu Short, anything else beforehand has been left out (However the XY series remixed many tracks from BW, M12 and 14 which are still in use today). No music from before that point has been in use.
I know the DP motto theme has popped up a couple of times since XY (XY124 off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure once in SM too although I can't remember the episode), is that a remix too?

They seem to prefer using the BGM from the recent movies. BW was using a fair amount of track from DP movies, while XY used tracks from BW movies.

Wow, I didn't know that. Only in sub?
In the dub too, at least for Season 14 (which kept more music than any other dub season)
BW was this weird case of only using its own Generation of music, and tracks from M12, 13 and 14, though VERY rarely some older stuff popped in too (DP TR motto theme's original version played once before getting a remix for the rest of BW, one of the OS eyecatch themes popped up a few times too). Additionally it was the last series to use Vocal songs from older Gens too, with XY and further on preferring to use songs made after BW. So its this group of Pokemon BGM that, for the most part, got most or ALL its use in BW and was discontinued immediately after, with XY remixing a chunk of those tracks.

I know the DP motto theme has popped up a couple of times since XY (XY124 off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure once in SM too although I can't remember the episode), is that a remix too?
You are correct in the DP motto showing up in XY124 but that is its only played instance since the end of BW. IIRC it hasn't played in SM yet. Indeed, it is a case of XY remixing BW music... but in this case the BW track was also a remix. Funny how that worked out. Otherwise on the TR front, their XY motto theme is obviously a new arrangement of the OS one, and Giovanni's theme from SM is a remix of his OS one as well. Their original Sneaking theme has only been remixed through M20 and M21, neither of which have been played in the show yet, instead preferring to use the XY remix of the newer sneaking theme that originated from M10 (the remix situation gets ridiculously wonky eh?)

As a side note, I wonder if we're going to get another music reset with Sword&Shield. Like if they'll announce another big BGM compilation with all of the tracks from BW, XY, and SM but then banish them from being used in the show. At least that would mean we'd finally get official releases of a lot of the new music.
As much as I would REALLY love a new release, it's absolutely no guarantee it'd happen even if the show reset music again. There hasn't been any TV bgm included in other CDs since the start of BW, which used to happen all the time. Sony Music doesn't seem terribly interested in releasing TV tracks at the moment, though I desperately hope I'm wrong lol

IIRC when they first started using the DP Rocket theme in BW023 it was the original version but within a few episodes they remixed it, then in XY they remixed it again.

I remember when there was some sort of livestream that used a bunch of the anime covers of SM game tracks which was a complete godsend considering the abysmal release pattern in recent years...I also remember TPCi's preview version of XY001 and XY002-- the version that kept the soundtrack intact-- used part of the Miare City piece. That track is one of my absolute favorites from XY maybe even the anime as a whole so it was great to hear even a small part of it.

For the Dub I hope we won't have to hear Goldfarb's music again in SwSh jesus christ...

Amen!

The whole sony issue just does not make sense. Firstly, there is no way that Sony could have the rights to the original music sheet: I.e., the soundtracks from the games. Therefore they could just easily remix any of those scores if needed so. Secondly, they remixed the os soundtrack in movie 20, proving that they could do it if they wanted it. Honestly, I think just falls onto the shows directors at this point and how inept they have become. They even forgot professor oak existed until the end of XYZ. So I wouldn't put it past them to just be too lazy to do this all together.

Anyway, I just find it hard to enjoy the show these days and find the quality has decreased since they started using newer music only

Hey guys look someone edited two scenes from the Japanese version of Pokemon XY episode 81 with High School DxD music in it... and in case you don't know Yuki Kaji voiced Issei Hyodou
I wanted to make a "Favorite Anime Music Thread," but I found this one and decided it pretty much covers my intention. Anyway, I just wanted to say how I really love the anime renditions of Galar's Wild, Trainer, & Gym Battle musical scores. Especially the Wild Battle one-it's just so energetically upbeat and I love the instruments used.

Hi
DOES ANYONE KNOWS THE SINGS THAT WERE PLAYING IN POKÉMON MOVIE JUNGLE SECERTS

The trailer songs I mean
It’s like Japanese audio very good voice for that song
Their was like trex different songs in the trailers played

An interview with the composer for Twilight Wings:
(I hope no one posted this before I did)

This video that people keep sending me about how Sony Music Entertainment is the reason the music replacement is bad in the English dub doesn't make much sense. Music replacement has happened from day one of the anime. From 2011 onward, where SMEJ does have control, the same stuff happens. Some original Japanese tracks, sure, but most of it has always been low quality synth. The inconsistency isn't explained by the rights holder change at all.
Also, his reasoning on the first two episodes of Sun & Moon's English dub having all of the original music intact for the preview airing ("Because they're not the official product? I guess?") doesn't even make a lick of sense.

As the maker of that video, I apologize if my reasoning came off as tone-deaf, but I was just going off my own personal theories. I was just guessing from what evidence was out there, but I didn't claim to know what was truly going on behind the scenes. I'm just as in the dark as anyone.

Now that's strange... it's seems that the italian version of SM001 on Pokémon TV is the "preview" one (without the opening and with black credits), while the version on the official Youtube channel is the "updatded" version. The soundtrack is different too. Can anyone confirm that the version on Pokémon TV uses the original japanese music?

Before this thread fades away I want to congratulate the dub for its job with The Tale of You and Glimwood Tangle!. The Japanese version just used the regular episode music and plastered it anywhere breaking all the immersion. Meanwhile, the dub actually used more solemn music and pieces that aren't heard often, and the transition between them felt very smooth. Therefore I'd definitely recommend a dubbed version over the Japanese one if you want to rewatch that episode.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom