• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Battle Frontier

Watch GameFreak actually release a "Delta Emerald" next year, that basically adds all of the improvements from Emerald into OR/AS, including the Battle Frontier. It's not a remake and it's not a third version - it's both! The money will print itself!

(GameFreak, please don't you dare actually do this).

Its illegal to print your own money, so it should be illegal for Game Freak to do this :/

Having to re-buy the games just to get post-game content would be a dick move. They'd probably lose a lot of fans that way, hurting sales of any future Pokémon games they make.

If they made it optional DLC that doesn't require re-buying the entire game game, then I'm cool with hat. Otherwise, that's the worst marketing decision GF has ever made.

That's what they've been doing with every third version and we only accepted it because DLC wasn't an option then, but let's not pretend they didn't sell us the same games twice.

Oh God, if they put battle frontier in Kalos in Z, that... would be awful. I'd buy it, since I haven't played XY yet, but it would still be such a dick move. However, that's nothing compared to how blatantly evil a Delta Emerald would be. I don't quite know what I would do if that happened.

Oh God, if they put battle frontier in Kalos in Z, that... would be awful. I'd buy it, since I haven't played XY yet, but it would still be such a dick move. However, that's nothing compared to how blatantly evil a Delta Emerald would be. I don't quite know what I would do if that happened.
At least we would be able to have character customization and the Battle Frontier in the same game.

D:

After seeing all these teases of it, I've of a few minds as to where BF is:

A) It's DLC
B) It's in Delta Emerald
C) It's in Z/X2/Y2
D) It's not anywhere at all and GF is a cruel mistress

I think C or D are the most likely scenario personally.

The NPC exactly said that the Battle Frontier is being built on the Battle Resort. So no Frontier in Kalos, but Hoenn.
I think we may get Hoenn sequels.

It sounds more and more like the Frontier is definitely coming. We're just not sure how at this point.

I'm very curious now. Either they're just CRUEL and enjoy teasing us, or they're definitely planning something...

The real question is not when or if the Battle Frontier is coming. It is obvious that the developers knew that most players wanted the Battle Frontier as part of ORAS. The Frontier Brain battle theme is also included in the ORAS data. There are also the character dialogues mentioning the Battle Frontier features. Why bother including those hints in unless the developers intend to make players access the Battle Frontier at some point?

Rather, we should be asking why the Battle Frontier was not included in the final release. Did the developers simply not have enough time to put everything in before the deadline? Or did the developers complete the Battle Frontier, but intentionally withheld the final project from the official release so they can release it as payable DLC in the future?

My guess is the former, since
the Battle Maison from X and Y was included as a substitute for players to get Battle Points and tutor moves, and it is easier to include programs that already exist in the data as opposed to building something up from scratch.

Teasing it without introducing it later on would be a dick move, and it's all but confirmed ORAS will be the final games of Gen 6, so what could it be other than DLC at this point? They're talking about it being constructed in Hoenn, not some hypothetical other region, so it's not like it'd make any sense holding on until Gen 7.

I still wouldn't say it is 100% we're getting the BF in some form, but that's certainly possible. I'm just sticking to my "don't expect too much" policy.

Teasing it without introducing it later on would be a dick move, and it's all but confirmed ORAS will be the final games of Gen 6, so what could it be other than DLC at this point? They're talking about it being constructed in Hoenn, not some hypothetical other region, so it's not like it'd make any sense holding on until Gen 7.

Please excuse my skepticism, but we have yet to see Zygarde's 15 minutes of fame. Doubtful that GF would be done with this Gen without giving it its inevitable role.

Please excuse my skepticism, but we have yet to see Zygarde's 15 minutes of fame. Doubtful that GF would be done with this Gen without giving it its inevitable role.

Don't we have future Delta episodes coming out? Zygarde could make an appearance in one of them (not that it's totally necessary it does).

Either way, GameFreak went out of their way to make sure all Pokemon could be obtained between XY and ORAS (and they made a point about this in CoroCoro), and they'd leave at least a few legendaries and starters to the side if they were planning on releasing another game.

That's what DLC is for. Masuda has said that "There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example. Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways." This obviously rules out B2W2-like sequels, and also a third version which would be the opposite of unique.

I've seen random theories about a sequel encompassing both Hoenn and Kalos, but I fail to see how that's more likely than DLC for both ORAS and XY.

Don't we have future Delta episodes coming out? Zygarde could make an appearance in one of them (not that it's totally necessary it does).

Either way, GameFreak went out of their way to make sure all Pokemon could be obtained between XY and ORAS (and they made a point about this in CoroCoro), and they'd leave at least a few legendaries and starters to the side if they were planning on releasing another game.

What about Kyurem and Giratina? I thought there was only 1 Delta episode, I didn't hear anything about it having multiple parts. I'm still of the opinion there's going to be a Kalos equivalent of Emerald/Platinum/BW2, with Zygarde as the cover 'mon.

The fact they made a point of having ALL the (non-event) Pokémon (and even one event pkmn with Deoxys) available between just XY and ORAS says a lot. If they had any intentions to make another game for the gen they'd save at least a few pkmn to that game, but evidently they didn't.

What about Kyurem and Giratina?
They have to be in ORAS because it has been outright stated that the National Pokédex can be completed using just XY and ORAS.
Considering that other previous box-art legendaries are version exclusive, maybe the third in their trios will only be obtainable by having both of the other members traded to the same game (like how Rayquaza was in HGSS)?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom