• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bedroom Thread

Reaction score
Hey.

I thought it'd be fun to show off our bedrooms and or even just describe them if you don't have a picture handy.

(Please make sure your picture is safe for work/school. We don't need to see your nude posters :p)

I'll post a picture later, but I'll briefly describe.

I share my room with my brother, so it's a bit cramped. Two beds, both aligned to opposite light blue walls with posters representing our taste on each side. On the cool side, my side, I have a Taxi Driver and Trainspotting poster. My brother has some cars and a Call of Duty poster. In our room we have a big ass TV, PS3 and the family computer. Above the computer is DVDs, books and CDs. Because of my large collection, most of CDs aren't on display.

Looking forward to seeing your rooms!

-One bed that takes up 3/4 of the room.
-Bookshelf on the wall you face walking in, with a window above the bed.
-Drawers on the left hand wal.
-Nothing on the right, as that's where the bed is.
-Entertainment Unit at the foot of the bed, with a 20 inch screen and my consoles.
Mad amount of posters all over the available wall space.

What if you live alone in your own place?

Here's some pictures of my one bedroom condo:

Main Living Area

IMG_20130510_182148.jpg

IMG_20130510_182210.jpg

IMG_20130510_182245.jpg

IMG_20130510_182317.jpg

IMG_20130510_182346.jpg

Bedroom

IMG_20130513_214852.jpg

IMG_20130513_214938.jpg

My room is fairly cluttered. I have a king sized bed that takes up a quarter of the room. Across from it is the drawer littered with tons of crap on top of it. Next to it is my TV, which I have my Wii, VCR, and DVD player connected to. A lightweight recliner sits across it, but it's also cluttered to hell and can't be used. Behind it is where I keeps some storage and my collection of Pokémon video tapes, some game cases and a few collectible toys and figurines. Near it is an old Staples box which I keep important things in, like some old Nintendo Power magazines and things I don't want to get dirty or ruined.

I'd go and dig up this bedroom floor plan I did a year ago for Arts class (which wasn't an art class, but a pre-architecture class) if I'm not as lazy as I am, but I am. Perhaps sometime later I'll scan and attach it.

Description, then. As far as furniture goes, my bedroom is pretty bare-bones. It's the standard bed-bookshelf-closet-drawer-table combo, except the proportions are out of whack. The ceiling-high, wide bookshelf eats up a lot of space and is 80% filled with books that aren't mine, the table that was meant to be my writing desk is wedged between the bed and the wall leaving me with next to no elbow room, the tiny drawer bursting with school supplies (and garbage nobody bothered to throw out) is in an awkward position next to the door, and the closet occupies half a wall (a wall it shares with the door and the aforementioned tiny drawer) despite only being half-filled with clothing. Plus books lying around everywhere, but one's entirely my fault. Needless to say, my room is cluttered and cramped.

And my room is quite small.

I have my bed somewhere about 3/4 of the way down the back wall, next to one of the windows. There's a TV on top of some sort of a cupboard thing, and it's hooked to an N64 and a PS3. At the end of my bed is a desk, and behind that is my bookshelf (where I just throw random things for finding later) and my guitar hanging on the wall. On either side of my bed there's some makeshift side tables. On the left is one made out of a plastic tote and a cardboard laptop box (the one my last laptop came in). On the right there's two side tables, one that's just a bunch of plastic drawers and another that's two cardboard boxes stacked on top of each other. The floor is barely visible under blankets and fallen posters most of the time. The rest of the posters still hang on the wall somehow. Under my bed (which is really just the bottom half of a bunk bed because the top half broke years ago), I have some totes filled with random junk I used to use all the time (Legos, VCR tapes, etc).

My bedroom is a total mess and looks like it belongs to a ten-year-old.

e0ihiv.jpg

My bedroom is pretty small. I have a kiddy paintjob from over 10 years ago (I'm still at home) that I still haven't found the motivation to redo. Most of the wall space is decorated with wall scrolls.

My bed is the largest object in the room, despite it being relatively small for a bed (my feet hang off if I lay straight). Rather than having space under the bed, the mattress and box spring are instead supported by large drawers, in which I keep electronics (including handheld systems and games), a ludicrous amount of cables, and old forgotten possessions such as pokemon cards.

I have an excellent surround sound system complete with a powerful subwoofer, connected to my receiver (which is in turn connected to my TV, Xbox, and sometimes my laptop). My TV is 42" and seated on top of a cabinet/stand which houses my receiver, xbox, and console video games. I have no closet, so I have a store-bought cabinet/dresser/closet construction to store clothes (and it takes up a lot of space in my already small room). I don't have a proper computer desk, but I keep my laptop on a small stack of ottomans next to my bed.

I keep what little is left of the floor clean (usually), but my shelving is cluttered. The shelves around the room are populated with academic supplies, a printer, the surround speakers, some books, a couple plushies, and miscellaneous personal belongings (such as phone, wallet, and keys). I reserve one shelf in my dresser to keep things like remotes, headphones, and a glass of water on, as this shelf is in arm's reach while I'm using my laptop in my office chair, so it is optimized for laziness.

Here are some photos to show off the real estate distribution of my walls. They're a bit old but the setup is still the same:
KJxjsdl.jpg
59HNRbn.jpg
ZSnBa5k.jpg
34mQGYu.jpg

I honestly think it wouldn't look that bad, if not for the paint. But eh, for now, it's comfortable and personal, which is all I can ask for.

Mine is more of an "organized chaos."

image.jpg

Of course, sometimes I pile things on my bed when I get home. They get moved off when I go to sleep.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom