• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Best Anime SpongeMafia ENDGAME: N is For No Survivors MAFIA WIN

Alright, I see it's time to throw myself in the fire.
I've been quiet because I quite honestly don't know what to say. The only people here I've played with before are Ex, funnier, and Minish, so I have limited meta reading material. The only thing I know about Minish is that I probably won't be able to tell anything about her alignment, so I'm stuck with gut instincts and deductions. The only person who both my gut and head agree is good right now is DW.
this game feels so dead

this is what happens when you don't vote "hmm, x and y have done something strange" and leave it at that
If you're referring specifically to my post or others, call me out, don't just be passive-aggressive about it, it's hypocritical. I'm stopping.

I don't know how exactly I can be beneficial when I have to account that you all have been playing much longer than me. The only real thing I can do is to make breakdowns.

I think that it's a good strategy to focus on the voting patterns. From my perspective, out of the other inactives the most likely person to be bad based on their posts, behavior, and voting pattern is Deku.
Deku's been an odd one. He's said that he's a lurker, then wanted to get a wagon on the funnier, went after Tood, but clarified his reasoning, but THEN started going after Mido based on reasoning that Karen was an odd choice (???), claimed he liked HD, then went back after Tood.

Would you like to respond to this Deku?
He's been very confusing, which reminds me that people have said that the night kill was meant to be confusing, he's thrown out distracting accusations with flawed grounding, claimed he liked HD, which is convenient to throw people off his tracks, and has been a little too focused on a single player for my liking.

Vote: DekuNut

I can't find the post Minish is talking about on SMS, so I'm not sure what she's talking about when she says she thinks SMS is town based on his post. On the other hand, should I be reading into the fact that Minish and SMS are both reading each other as town? I don't have the meta really but it seems like they could be bolstering each other's town persona, although they could both just be reading each other as town as well. Here's the post I'm thinking of:

Regarding the reasoning of "SMS didn't give reasoning for voting Ex", I didn't really need to because it was implicit. I had a pretty good meta read on Minish yesterday, and based on het posts today I'm going to say she probably isn't scum. Ergo, Ex thinking Min was scum seemed very wrong to me so my thought was he was probably just a Mafioso since I know scum Ex likes to prod places that Town Ex wouldn't go. In reteospect, he was Town and perhaps made a really bad read.

If I were going to vote someone right now I'd probably vote Snowy (but I'm not going to vote someone because then not voting yesterday would got to waste). He rvs voted yesterday and left it there without explaining why. While softing your role is fine, he definitely made it look like a post restriction that he wasn't allowed to claim. And actually, tree stump doesn't make much sense to soft at all, because as others previously stated, it's basically telling the Mafia not to nightkill you when you're probably the best person in the town they could nightkill because you become a confirmed town and can still talk. And I also don't see why he bothered claiming his ability to see roles upon death. I definitely agree that he seems to be trying to hide behind his roles.

I'm going to give the same excuse Minish
Minish isn’t getting an inactivity warning, and Minish has clear reads by people. Minish us participating openly and actively.
The only person who both my gut and head agree is good right now is DW.
You mean one of the people who just got an inactivity warning?

The only people here I've played with before are Ex, funnier, and Minish, so I have limited meta reading material.
DONT USE META

Meta can be misread or manipulated. Judge a game individually, not by their meta. Pure Meta reading just blinds.

I’m seeing nothing but excuses here so I’m comfortable with my vote.

Minish isn’t getting an inactivity warning, and Minish has clear reads by people. Minish us participating openly and actively.

I was referring to Minish saying this:

Actually ZD games are way more active than Bulba games usually. Personally for myself, I'm also in another game at the moment and have a third about to start.

and left it there without explaining why
I did explain why.

definitely agree that he seems to be trying to hide behind his roles.
All i am going to say is that your logic in your entire post is very flawed. If you are town, rethink that logic.

Yeah that’s wifom, but i’m tired (why does this game get active at night?!) and surrounded by flawed logic.

I did explain why.

All i am going to say is that your logic in your entire post is very flawed. If you are town, rethink that logic.

Yeah that’s wifom, but i’m tired (why does this game get active at night?!) and surrounded by flawed logic.

I think his logic makes a lot of sense - if you're town, lynching you is bad just because lynching town is bad in general. I don't think your role really has anything to do with it. It could be a good scum move to claim tree stump to get people's attention away as well. The whole post restriction/soft claiming is just weird too. As I said before, I'm okay with testing this claim before we let a potential mafia member hide in plain sight.

Vote: Snowy.

why does this game get active at night?!
Because it's morning or afternoon for most of the players?

I did explain why.
Not until after the Day ended. And not wanting to claim isn't much of a reason to vote someone either.

I reread the thread, none of your posts make me feel the need to reconsider.

Yeah that’s wifom,
What wifom? Saying someone’s argument is wifom does not make it true. We can say everything is wifom. Dawning said the same stuff as me, yet you never called my argument wifom.

I was referring to Minish saying this:
I know what she was referring to. What I was pointing out was how she’s still one of the most active. Players in this mafia!!

Todays the end of the term so sorry I've been quirt over the course of the day.
I'll try and read and make content before EoD

What wifom? Saying someone’s argument is wifom does not make it true. We can say everything is wifom. Dawning said the same stuff as me, yet you never called my argument wifom.
Hold on, are you arguing in my favour now? Huh

Because it's morning or afternoon for most of the players?
Booooo.

Not until after the Day ended. And not wanting to claim isn't much of a reason to vote someone either.
I explained during the day phase.

I reread the thread, none of your posts make me feel the need to reconsider.
Then you're not really thinking in towns best interests.

I know what she was referring to. What I was pointing out was how she’s still one of the most active. Players in this mafia!!
100%, my point was that I joined too many games really :V. It's no excuse for not participating, and I'm making an effort now to be here as I committed to be.

I've explained it a bit scattered throughout. I'm focusing on the Ex wagon which you were part of. You were the vote that made him be lynched. And like I said, I don't think you gave as much consideration to his claim as you would if you were town. Mafia would gladly welcome a d1 kill on the town vig. Especially if that means leaving a potential miller as wifom (in the case Tood is town). If Tood isn't town and y'all are scumbuds you couldn't remove your vote for fear of him being lynch.

I think SMS is town, so that leaves 3 people on the Ex lynch. It could certainly be Snowy or Naga but I'm not as familiar with them. I could potentially go for one of them today as well.

I'm not sure what exactly you did to Midori either, but from what you've said elsewhere it seems like a not great role to have in scums hands.

Yes I'm using some meta here but I'm not relying on it solely. I feel like you're more sitting back and letting town harm themselves rather than helping scumhunt like I know you're good at. It was surprising when I saw you had as many posts as me, but I didn't recall you actually pushing anywhere besides talking about claims.
The reason I kept my vote on Ex was because he kept refusing to claim, which seemed really silly. I made a post towards the end of the day that explained why I wasn't going to switch to Tood or you, so I just kept it on Ex, though I thought I made it fairly clear that I was really torn. After Ex's claim, I didn't want to lynch him as much, but it was too late to start another wagon and I ended up accidentally falling asleep before the day ended because I didn't feel good. So sure maybe I didn't give a ton of consideration to his claim, but it came so late in the day and you see why I was so frustrated that he kept refusing to claim sooner.

I'm not going to lie, I feel like you're grasping at straws a little bit. You should know me better than this Min. I kinda get the feeling that you're trying to out me now because you know I'm one of the few players in this game who might be able to detect your scum play. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

If he is mafia he must die regardless. Once he’s lynched he doesn’t count towards his alignments numbers. So he would need to be lynched if he’s mafia and thus it’s not a wasted lynch ad were removing mafia.
True, but I'm just saying leave him alone for today. I can prove if his tree stump claim is true or not during the night, then we can decide what to do with him tomorrow if it's truthful.

Well, yeah, but in the context of how the game went, ExLight was the second Miller claim (and hinted at it immediately after Tood claimed he was one) and ultimately gave more info on how his role worked and when it would appear as a Miller. Meanwhile, we knew nothing about Tood's other roles. Admittedly, ExLight's most damning thing was his reluctance to nameclaim, but I think him claiming his full role gave him more prestige over the other two Millers. Basically, you stuck to voting somebody whose role we knew more of against somebody whose role we knew nothing of based on purely nameclaim basis.

UNVOTE: SMS
VOTE: Mellow Ezlo/Tristan

Minish's argument about you having many posts but them not really having that much scumhunting is a really good point too.
See above about this. Ex didn't claim his full role until super late in the day, despite many people pushing him to do it sooner. After it, I did consider backing off, but I also explained earlier why I didn't want to switch to either of the competing wagons at the time.

As for the last point, admittedly I haven't done a whole lot of thorough reading in this game, and that's on me. Haven't really been spending a lot of time behind a computer the past couple days, but I do intend to more thoroughly read into some players after today.

Hmm, I’m going to assume that Mellow Jailkeeped you? Why would Town protect a Miller claim? If he was doing it because he suspected you are Mafia, then that makes more sense, but why admit that to you afterwards?

I wouldn’t be against a naga10 lynch either, he knew about the role as well and was kind of wishywashy about whether to unvote or not.
I did not Jailkeep her. I did something else tthat is a negative utility, and she knows exactly what happened. I did it because I thought she might be indep, and the result was that now I trust her.

DONT USE META

Meta can be misread or manipulated. Judge a game individually, not by their meta. Pure Meta reading just blinds.

I’m seeing nothing but excuses here so I’m comfortable with my vote.
THANK YOU

Alright, I see it's time to throw myself in the fire.
I've been quiet because I quite honestly don't know what to say. The only people here I've played with before are Ex, funnier, and Minish, so I have limited meta reading material. The only thing I know about Minish is that I probably won't be able to tell anything about her alignment, so I'm stuck with gut instincts and deductions. The only person who both my gut and head agree is good right now is DW.

If you're referring specifically to my post or others, call me out, don't just be passive-aggressive about it, it's hypocritical. I'm stopping.

I don't know how exactly I can be beneficial when I have to account that you all have been playing much longer than me. The only real thing I can do is to make breakdowns.

I think that it's a good strategy to focus on the voting patterns. From my perspective, out of the other inactives the most likely person to be bad based on their posts, behavior, and voting pattern is Deku.

He's been very confusing, which reminds me that people have said that the night kill was meant to be confusing, he's thrown out distracting accusations with flawed grounding, claimed he liked HD, which is convenient to throw people off his tracks, and has been a little too focused on a single player for my liking.

tbh, the main reason I haven't cared about Deku much this game is because I know he was focusing on finals over the past few days. This is a very fair analysis though of Deku's playstyle, and goes to show why I hate having to try reading him because he plays the exact same scummy way whether he's town or mafia lmao.

Guys, since Summer is almost here, I advise you to up your fluid intake. I had a major headache experience two days ago and it felt like it was killing me. Drinking water seemed to help much more than liquidy foods like Ice Cream.

2 out of 11 players voted at that time, so it's pretty much anyone who knows they posted, said what they didn't like about somebody, and left it at that. Obviously, players can choose to not vote, but I believe this is what ends up happening and then the voting gets thrown in the last quarter altogether, potentially leaving Mafia to have less pressure to deal with overtime. I can't vote everyone for not voting, (not that I would anyway), so I don't see how that makes me hypocritical? For what it's worth, I just don't have as much of a problem with you, probably because out of the entire game, you're the player I feel comfortable with the most. Maybe it's because you haven't posted as much as others, but that's where I stand with you anyway.

You pretty much summed my exact feelings about what strikes me as alarming regarding DekuNut perfectly, so much so that I'm hard Town reading you.

I can't find the post Minish is talking about on SMS, so I'm not sure what she's talking about when she says she thinks SMS is town based on his post. On the other hand, should I be reading into the fact that Minish and SMS are both reading each other as town? I don't have the meta really but it seems like they could be bolstering each other's town persona, although they could both just be reading each other as town as well. Here's the post I'm thinking of:

I noticed this too, but SMS claims that they always play together so it makes sense at least.

I think his logic makes a lot of sense - if you're town, lynching you is bad just because lynching town is bad in general.

You.

I like you.

I don't think your role really has anything to do with it. It could be a good scum move to claim tree stump to get people's attention away as well. The whole post restriction/soft claiming is just weird too. As I said before, I'm okay with testing this claim before we let a potential mafia member hide in plain sight.

Vote: Snowy.

Only way to test Tree Stump is for them to die, and by the point you test his claim, he is already dead.

The reason I kept my vote on Ex was because he kept refusing to claim, which seemed really silly. I made a post towards the end of the day that explained why I wasn't going to switch to Tood or you, so I just kept it on Ex, though I thought I made it fairly clear that I was really torn. After Ex's claim, I didn't want to lynch him as much, but it was too late to start another wagon and I ended up accidentally falling asleep before the day ended because I didn't feel good. So sure maybe I didn't give a ton of consideration to his claim, but it came so late in the day and you see why I was so frustrated that he kept refusing to claim sooner.

I'm not going to lie, I feel like you're grasping at straws a little bit. You should know me better than this Min. I kinda get the feeling that you're trying to out me now because you know I'm one of the few players in this game who might be able to detect your scum play. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

I see where they are coming from on this, so I wouldn't say they are grasping at straws. Seems like a bit of an unfounded overreaction, but then again you didn't vote her for it.

True, but I'm just saying leave him alone for today. I can prove if his tree stump claim is true or not during the night, then we can decide what to do with him tomorrow if it's truthful.

Alignment to roles is randed. Even if Snowy is truthful, he could still be Mafia. Unless there's some reason to believe they aren't or we have been interpreting something wrong this whole time from "cop can be scum".

See above about this. Ex didn't claim his full role until super late in the day, despite many people pushing him to do it sooner. After it, I did consider backing off, but I also explained earlier why I didn't want to switch to either of the competing wagons at the time.

As for the last point, admittedly I haven't done a whole lot of thorough reading in this game, and that's on me. Haven't really been spending a lot of time behind a computer the past couple days, but I do intend to more thoroughly read into some players after today.

All right, I think I'm getting what you mean - ExLight took long enough to ping you enough to be uncomfortable enough to keep your vote.

That's... in all honesty, fair.

I did not Jailkeep her. I did something else tthat is a negative utility, and she knows exactly what happened. I did it because I thought she might be indep, and the result was that now I trust her.

I don't know the result, but I can believe that at least one of you is not the same alignment, and if one of you is Town, I will have to trust that whatever it is, it's something Mafia won't definitely do.

UNVOTE: Mellow Ezlo
VOTE: DekuNut

either this or snowy for me atm

I know he said he will come back, but I feel like Snowy's got his own detractors to focus on while DekuNut hasn't received as much attention. Snowy is sounding obnoxious to me again, but I can't figure out if that's how he is or because he's really Mafia hiding something.

I can't find the post Minish is talking about on SMS, so I'm not sure what she's talking about when she says she thinks SMS is town based on his post

It's on page 5. If anyone cares. It's not foolproof but I don't see scum SMS chiming in with that.

On the other hand, should I be reading into the fact that Minish and SMS are both reading each other as town? I don't have the meta really but it seems like they could be bolstering each other's town persona, although they could both just be reading each other as town as well. Here's the post I'm thinking of:

Lol, me and SMS won a game on d2 where we were the only scum and we did it by hard distancing. We're generally not ones to agree even when scum. So I guess you could read into it, but just the fact I'm not pushing SMS when he could be an easy lynch should show my towniness to other zd players.

You are wrong. I mean I don't see you making much of a case for anyone and that's part of my issue with you. It's a bit funny to me that I feel I have decent reason to expect you from that and you say know you better and am grasping for straws while at the same time saying not to use meta. I admit I had some more farfetched theories to suspect you before but I'm not even using those in the case.

I gotta drive my son to his grandmother's house (she's our daycare while everything is closed). I should be back before end of day, if I am correct in that it is in 6 hours.

Hold on, are you arguing in my favour now? Huh
:bulbaFacepalm:
I defended Dawning! Not you!
Then you're not really thinking in towns best interests.
..........dude........
100%, my point was that I joined too many games really :V. It's no excuse for not participating, and I'm making an effort now to be here as I committed to be.
Then do not say. I don’t care if people come in apologizing for not posting because of being busy. But using it as an excuse is the issue.
I KNOW YOU CAN CHECK IT.

That’s not the issue. Roles are not alignment indicative.
Alignment to roles is randed. Even if Snowy is truthful, he could still be Mafia. Unless there's some reason to believe they aren't or we have been interpreting something wrong this whole time from "cop can be scum".
Thank you.
Snowy is sounding obnoxious to me again, but I can't figure out if that's how he is or because he's really Mafia hiding something.
Ditto.

unvote: Naga
Vote: snowy

It's on page 5. If anyone cares. It's not foolproof but I don't see scum SMS chiming in with that.

Oof... This would be a really good point, but this:

The standard mafia PM includes “you are a robot”, the standard town PM includes “you are not a robot”. It’s not meant to be unclear, and the color will always be your true alignment.

Remember that directly quoting your PM is frowned upon but you may paraphrase anything you like.

... was posted a few posts before SMS said that.

Color text is irrelevant - if he's Mafia with Red then it's not a stretch to figure Townies are Green.

You are wrong. I mean I don't see you making much of a case for anyone and that's part of my issue with you. It's a bit funny to me that I feel I have decent reason to expect you from that and you say know you better and am grasping for straws while at the same time saying not to use meta. I admit I had some more farfetched theories to suspect you before but I'm not even using those in the case.

He admits he's not scumhunting, but still called you out for trying to get him.

Back
Top Bottom