• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia The Best Anime SpongeMafia ENDGAME: N is For No Survivors MAFIA WIN

So I'll just say it. I stole Midori's main ability night 1, the one that allowed her to get info on either the passive or active components of someone's role. I targeted you with her ability last night.

I'm not sure why your role didn't work, but I know you were telling the truth and that it should've worked at least. Maybe it mostly just works with certain investigative abilities, but the wording seem to imply all, so you definitely do have a point here.

I'll ask Funnier6 about this.

Okay, so I talked with funnier6 about this and I think I know what happened.

Alright, I apologize, I should be getting more active in this day phase, yesterday I had to participate in... things... which impacted my mindset and reasoning. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DIzn0z3snzs/hqdefault.jpg
I hold by what I said earlier, that town can literally not risk a lynch on anyone not scum, so I'm choosing to let Deku alone for now.
My reads are as follows -
From Town to Scum - Snowy, DW, HD, Mez, Minish, / (Deku) /, Tood, SMS, Naga

In my personal opinion, I think BOTH Naga and SMS are scum. The third scum I'm still unsure about, but my guess is that it's Tood or Minish.

Explanations -
- Naga, hasn't claimed anything from what I've seen, has been on TWO wagons on town, suspected millers (a play?), made a soft push against SMS (a play?), has made weaker excuses imo, and also hasn't participated as much as he could in town's benefit, and if it's due to being in several games at once. (Smh you all...) @naga10 Care to comment?
- SMS, made an interesting claim, but without immediate identifiable confirmation available, has also been on the SAME two wagons on town, also suspected millers, made a soft push against Tristan, then wanted to push someone on the Tood wagon after claiming to suspect millers, wanted to push Deku and claimed to trust Minish, then pushed Snowy, and sussed Mido. There's a lot of information here, some of which could be accounted for by being sick, but I'm not buying that everything you've done can be chalked up to being sick, there's far too much against you. @Spiritual Mask Salesman Care to comment?

I have reasons for my other reads, but this is all I have the energy for right now. Trying to analyze all these posts is a nightmare.

I'm actually going to Vote - SMS right now to set up a choice, and I want you @Snowy you @Minish you @Tood and you @Mellow Ezlo to share your thoughts.

My plan is to lynch one and rb the other tonight, while we figure out the third scum during the night phase.

Vote: Spiritual Mask Salesman

Just gonna go here. Apologies for not being around a whole lot, I'm in a more active game on ZD atm that's been consuming most of my time.

I agree that Deku should be a lesser priority lynch for now. I hadn't crunched the numbers before. I also agree that HD looks townie, and Vroendal looks pretty good to me too based on their posts.

Minish I feel unsure of. She's usually pretty obvious as town but I'm not really getting the same vibes here. She's not a priority for me right now but somebody I've been keeping an eye on and she hasn't given me much reason to tr her in this game.

Naga is idek. I would scumread him for his activity, but I've seen him be inactive a few times before so I'm not sure what to think. With the numbers dwindling, I can't shake the feeling that the mafia does lie within the inactives though.

Tood I was townreading for reasons I've stated before, but I don't really like how he hasn't contributed much. I mean I know it's hypocritical of me to say that, but I actually think he could be a contender. To be completely honest, I don't remember a single thing he's said outside the Miller claim.

My reads are as follows -
From Town to Scum - Snowy, DW, HD, Mez, Minish, / (Deku) /, Tood, SMS, Naga

Why is Dawning Winds so high? Even if you add in potential votes to his post, I don't feel like he really ended up doing much in the end. I expect him to be more active and problem-solving, maybe he really just finally randed scum.

In my personal opinion, I think BOTH Naga and SMS are scum. The third scum I'm still unsure about, but my guess is that it's Tood or Minish.

If I townread DawningWinds as much as you, my opinion would be something like this. That said, you voted SMS while I voted Naga, while you think both are Mafia?

Explanations -
- Naga, hasn't claimed anything from what I've seen, has been on TWO wagons on town, suspected millers (a play?), made a soft push against SMS (a play?), has made weaker excuses imo, and also hasn't participated as much as he could in town's benefit, and if it's due to being in several games at once. (Smh you all...) @naga10 Care to comment?
- SMS, made an interesting claim, but without immediate identifiable confirmation available, has also been on the SAME two wagons on town, also suspected millers, made a soft push against Tristan, then wanted to push someone on the Tood wagon after claiming to suspect millers, wanted to push Deku and claimed to trust Minish, then pushed Snowy, and sussed Mido. There's a lot of information here, some of which could be accounted for by being sick, but I'm not buying that everything you've done can be chalked up to being sick, there's far too much against you. @Spiritual Mask Salesman Care to comment?

Note that Tood voted SMS Day 2. Could be a distancing attempt, but 2 votes on him made him close to being lynched. If SMS is Mafia that makes Tood look A LOT better, and Dawning Winds or Minish would be more on the chopping block.

SMS sussed Mido later? That's interesting...

I think Mellow Ezlo is more likely to be Town than Minish now, solely based on the fact that I think from Funnier6 told me, he might have made a hosting mistake from being confused from when I said in N2 that I get the results of Checks instead of the actual checker. Why would scum!Mellow Ezlo check me when I said the person wouldn't get results? Feels like he should have bothered checking someone else to get more info on Town roles. If he wanted to use it on me to play that card if I ever suspected him... then tbh bravo to him and well played.

Also, this may just be me, but after what was said in N2, I expected a bandwagon on DekuNut to form, but nothing happened... I guess the Independent claim is that good/Mafia didn't want to lynch an Indep?

Minish I feel unsure of. She's usually pretty obvious as town but I'm not really getting the same vibes here. She's not a priority for me right now but somebody I've been keeping an eye on and she hasn't given me much reason to tr her in this game.

Naga is idek. I would scumread him for his activity, but I've seen him be inactive a few times before so I'm not sure what to think. With the numbers dwindling, I can't shake the feeling that the mafia does lie within the inactives though.

Tood I was townreading for reasons I've stated before, but I don't really like how he hasn't contributed much. I mean I know it's hypocritical of me to say that, but I actually think he could be a contender. To be completely honest, I don't remember a single thing he's said outside the Miller claim.

I played one game with Minish, Superman, and in that game I felt she was obvious Town. This game I get paranoid, but maybe it's just me wrongly basing what I expect off only one game. I don't know how to explain it... it's like, she was more rational and her post quality was always very high in that game? I guess I don't blame her for being more lost in this game because I feel like in the same spot. If this game has a Mafia mastermind, it would be her... but I have my eye on Dawning Winds and Tood more. If Tood is Town, then I could see the Mafia team really being naga10, SMS, and Dawning Winds, and maaaybe DekuNut.

Votes made throughout the course of the game by players still alive.
Deku - Funnier, Tood
Mez - Deku, funnier, Ex, SMS
Sms - funnier, Ex, Snowy
Naga - Ex, Snowy
Minish - Tood, Mez, Snowy, Deku
DW - Minish, SMS, Mez, Deku, Snowy, Deku, Naga
Tood - SMS
Vroendal - Deku, SMS

Vroendal looks decent to me from his votes. I saw him play for like one day phase in a game I was just in, so tbh I expected him to be a little more aggressive than he has been. He subbed into that game and was honestly on fire. I feel like he was the closest to figuring out our scum team than most players (the game was restarted for reasons so we didn't get to see an outcome). But he is in a new environment so that makes things a little difficult.

DW looks pretty good too, though he's voted almost everyone still alive and one townie. But the fact that he does have a lot of votes on players who are alive looks kinda good to me.

Deku has a joke vote and Tood. Not great, but could be indicative of Survivor.

Mez, was on the Ex vote and has Deku and SMS on there. Could go either way.

SMS has a joke vote and two town votes. Not great.

Naga is also only has two town votes.

Tood has one vote on SMS. Not a great look when he was a big discussion d1. Could be scum laying low after almost being lynched.

I don't want to lynch Vroendal or HD today. That leaves Deku, Mez SMS, Naga, Tood, and DW. I'll take Mez out of the equation too. Which gives me 5 possible people.

@DawningWinds can you claim? I don't like that we don't have any interactions for you because you claimed you can't vote and use your night actions. So I'd like to know what night actions you even have.

I think I'm leaning towards voting Naga right now. I should probably ISO everyone at some point but I felt like this might be telling too.

Actually yeah, making the SMS and Naga wagons close seems great right now.

Vote: Naga

I have very good reasons to believe that DW is town. I do not wish to elaborate at this point, but I shall explain tonight. For now, the fact that he is placed higher than HD should make you think. I believe I have stated my opinions concerning Deku sufficiently. As I said, I'm not sure who the third scum is.

I've voted SMS because at this point I regard him to be more dangerous than Naga. Naga I feel pretty confident we've sussed out, while SMS seems more insidious to me, and I don't buy his claim, I think he's hiding something detrimental to town, while Naga is a distraction.

The game I played with you Minish was my first forum game, and I've realized since that I have no idea what I'm doing, and have thus taken a more cautious approach.

I've voted SMS because at this point I regard him to be more dangerous than Naga. Naga I feel pretty confident we've sussed out, while SMS seems more insidious to me, and I don't buy his claim, I think he's hiding something detrimental to town, while Naga is a distraction.
I want to go with the safer vote because we have to lynch scum. Then if we're right we can go for the more dangerous vote.

The game I played with you Minish was my first forum game, and I've realized since that I have no idea what I'm doing, and have thus taken a more cautious approach.

Ah, I wasn't aware it was your first forum game. You definitely didn't seem like you had no idea what you were doing. Our scum team was pretty nervous after you subbed in.

@Minish: You're right, I was on two lynches of town:

I was pretty confident in my vote on Snowy, and I stand by it: Snowy had claimed to be a tree stump, and I think that warranted a lynch to test the claim. Someone had called me on saying "test a claim" before, I can't find the post now. In real life I'm an auditor and we use phrases like that all the time. It obviously means something different in the technical sense than it does here. I was saying that I wanted to lynch Snowy for that, to see whether or not they were scum or not. Obviously they weren't, but that's something we can only find out after the fact. I also still think that Snowy's behaviour (speaking like trees) was strange and maybe trying to conceal something.

With Ex, I wasn't around at end of day and may or may not have wanted to unvote (hard to say with my knowledge of Ex's role).

At this point, I'm going to claim: I have am a roleblocker x2 and have an activated double vote. I also sleep during the night and do not receive any messages if they are sent at me. I have not used the double vote (obviously, you would have noticed) and I used my roleblock once night one on Midori. I roleblocked Midori night one, and still have a roleblock available. I wasn't feeling Midori day 1, based on her not seeming to know that scum are robots. It was also sortof a random use of my roleblock not knowing what was really going on. Day 2 I felt better about Midori and decided to save my last roleblock for later in the game.

That's why I made this post:
Why do you hate him? I don't understand that.

I also am having a hard time parsing your last line: if you know who did something (to you I'm assuming?) why do you need a watcher to be watching you as well?

I figured if I had roleblocked Midori but she still knew who had blocked her, maybe my roleblock didn't work or she found out through something like a scum chat who had done it.

@DawningWinds can you claim? I don't like that we don't have any interactions for you because you claimed you can't vote and use your night actions. So I'd like to know what night actions you even have.
2x Doctor, 2x Lie Detector (can't be used two nights in a row and has bias against certain characters- received last night as a reward for not voting), 1x redirect all things from Mr. Krabs to me.

I didn't do anything N1 because I wanted to save the Doctor but I also wanted the thing gone, plus I wasn't expecting to get a third night action and I just didn't want to use the 1x thing.

Last night I used the Lie Detector on this:
I'm not scum
(I would've used it on Mido but a. I felt slightly more certain about her and b. I thought the Lie Detector would likely be biased against Karen and give me the wrong answer.)
...But I didn't get a result.

DW - Minish, SMS, Mez, Deku, Snowy, Deku, Naga
Can I ask where you're getting some of these from?

On the current game state,

Deku: Seems like a survivor. I'm not super interested in lynching a survivor when there's scum out there. Deku could also be scum himself pretending to be a survivor, but it's hard to tell. I could probably get behind a Deku lynch if we get down to it.

HD has made some weird votes - he voted me earlier without an explanation, just quoting one of my posts. He switched votes at the end of day 2 from Deku to Snowy. He's developed an opinion against me after the fact, but it feels just like that - filling in an explanation for a vote after its made.

Tood: Has been laying low it seems since day 1. Not sure how to feel about that.

SMS: Has claimed a weird maybe contra-town ability. Not as biased against his votes of Ex and Snowy as I am, but hey just because I am town doesn't mean he is too. I haven't really liked the course the game has taken in terms of his arguments and his

DawningWinds: Haven't really seen a heck of a lot.

Vroendal: Suspects me, which obviously biases me. Has made some reasonably good posts today. Claimed just before this to have secret information about DW.

Pretty on the fence between Mez. I think one of Mez and SMS are scum. They've been too against each other the whole game not to be.

Minish: Pretty neutral. I could go either way on Minish. She's voting for me but I think it looks like its coming from a reasonable place.

Based on the above, I'm going to vote:

Vote: SMS

2x Doctor, 2x Lie Detector (can't be used two nights in a row and has bias against certain characters- received last night as a reward for not voting), 1x redirect all things from Mr. Krabs to me.

I didn't do anything N1 because I wanted to save the Doctor but I also wanted the thing gone, plus I wasn't expecting to get a third night action and I just didn't want to use the 1x thing.

Last night I used the Lie Detector on this:

(I would've used it on Mido but a. I felt slightly more certain about her and b. I thought the Lie Detector would likely be biased against Karen and give me the wrong answer.)

Can I ask where you're getting some of these from?
Maybe I should reconsider my opinions on Minish based on this.

Did it say what types of biases it would have?

I think someone mentioned a jailer in the game, but we haven't seen that claim yet. I guess you could have been jailed. I have one passive ability that doesn't matter now but it was that I would be roleblocked if a certain character who is dead visited me.

Im out on a saturday night on mobile but i gotta make a phone call that is related to this game but i gotta ask this first:

@DawningWinds Lie Detectors don’t usually detect alignment claims, did Funnier6 seriously not explain this in the Lie Detector explanation and tell you when you posted your choice of words of Minish?

I was pretty confident in my vote on Snowy, and I stand by it: Snowy had claimed to be a tree stump, and I think that warranted a lynch to test the claim. Someone had called me on saying "test a claim" before, I can't find the post now. In real life I'm an auditor and we use phrases like that all the time. It obviously means something different in the technical sense than it does here. I was saying that I wanted to lynch Snowy for that, to see whether or not they were scum or not. Obviously they weren't, but that's something we can only find out after the fact.

All right I was just on the phone with my brother who worked as an auditor for 3 and a half years and I asked him if “test a claim” had any meaning outside of for example a company claiming a certain amount of money to check for and he said no, so the context hasn’t changed at all - you gave reasoning to lynch Snowy to test their claim, but to do that you have to KILL THEM, and upon killing them they lose the ability yo vote, so it’s the same as any lynch! The fact you used your profession as an excuse when it doesn’t change anything to what you said is even more alarming - I hope that nobody seriously buys this.

I have very good reasons to believe that DW is town. I do not wish to elaborate at this point, but I shall explain tonight. For now, the fact that he is placed higher than HD should make you think. I believe I have stated my opinions concerning Deku sufficiently. As I said, I'm not sure who the third scum is.

The thing is, you could both be scum partners, so if I trust you, I might be signing my loss in the game. I won’t prod futher because I suspect others way more though. That said if DawningWinds is Town then your suspicion on SMS & naga & tood/minish becomes more likely.

Naga claimed Roleblocker, do you think SMS could have a more dangerous role? I’m not sure I understand where you are getting this feeling of who might have what roles?

@Minish Oh, could I get a link to this Vroundel game btw?

All right I was just on the phone with my brother who worked as an auditor for 3 and a half years and I asked him if “test a claim” had any meaning outside of for example a company claiming a certain amount of money to check for and he said no, so the context hasn’t changed at all - you gave reasoning to lynch Snowy to test their claim, but to do that you have to KILL THEM, and upon killing them they lose the ability yo vote, so it’s the same as any lynch! The fact you used your profession as an excuse when it doesn’t change anything to what you said is even more alarming - I hope that nobody seriously buys this.

Really? That's strange. Maybe it depends on the country and or firm. We often talk about "testing".

Regardless though, I think you're getting hung up on a turn of phrase too much. You're acting like I was trying to secretly lynch Snowy while at then and after 1) voting for Snowy, which obvoiusly means I want to lynch them since that's the game we're playing and 2) saying I wanted to lynch them! I'm not really sure what you think my devious plot is. Sure, mafia is a game of language, but the fact that I literally have said I wanted to lynch Snowy and continue standing by it means that you're making a big deal about nothing. I don't really want to get too far into audit theory since everyone will fall asleep, but it makes perfect sense to me. The fact that you're voting for me because of this is mind boggling. This is pretty thin gruel to build a case on.

@DawningWinds Lie Detectors don’t usually detect alignment claims, did Funnier6 seriously not explain this in the Lie Detector explanation and tell you when you posted your choice of words of Minish?
He did not. I assumed that meant I could.

Did it say what types of biases it would have?
The wording suggests only negative bias.

Really? That's strange. Maybe it depends on the country and or firm. We often talk about "testing".

Regardless though, I think you're getting hung up on a turn of phrase too much. You're acting like I was trying to secretly lynch Snowy while at then and after 1) voting for Snowy, which obvoiusly means I want to lynch them since that's the game we're playing and 2) saying I wanted to lynch them! I'm not really sure what you think my devious plot is. Sure, mafia is a game of language, but the fact that I literally have said I wanted to lynch Snowy and continue standing by it means that you're making a big deal about nothing. I don't really want to get too far into audit theory since everyone will fall asleep, but it makes perfect sense to me. The fact that you're voting for me because of this is mind boggling. This is pretty thin gruel to build a case on.

I even googled mafia and testing claims and it even comes up in the context of lynching people, so you must be trying to throw shade on me for another reason.

This is also the second time you've taken something I've said and took it in the worst possible way. Remember when you came into the game and accused me of being only interested in lynching millers? I don't really know why you're so against me but its starting to feel personal at this point.

Back
Top Bottom