• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon come backs.

You know I saw something here about showing the bully/taunter pokemon game mechanics. I tried it. EPIC WIN.
Person: You play pokemon!>?!?!?!
Me: Yes. Why?
Person: THat's so LAME! Haha! YOu're probably so stupid, you need to make up for empty brain space!
Me: *Takes out paper* I am about to write a formula that every pokemon fan knows. It's very simple math that you should be able to understand.
Person: Sure *smirks*

I wonder if he figured it out yet?

I really laughed out loud when I read your post.
I should try that when someone makes fun of me for playing Pokemo games as well as other video games LOL

You know I saw something here about showing the bully/taunter pokemon game mechanics. I tried it. EPIC WIN.
Person: You play pokemon!>?!?!?!
Me: Yes. Why?
Person: THat's so LAME! Haha! YOu're probably so stupid, you need to make up for empty brain space!
Me: *Takes out paper* I am about to write a formula that every pokemon fan knows. It's very simple math that you should be able to understand.
Person: Sure *smirks*

I wonder if he figured it out yet?

Was it the catch rate formula?

The last one I said (due to playing DS games, this guy says things got bad after G/S/C was "Well nostalgiac if you pay attention the graphics look erally great compared to the old games, you're right on the music but the older pokemon look a bit cooler. I mean its been only 10 years or so. Have you had your head on the N64 and Playstation all your life? And look at how much awesome the Mario games have gotten and he's 25 years old"

The last one I said (due to playing DS games, this guy says things got bad after G/S/C was "Well nostalgiac if you pay attention the graphics look erally great compared to the old games, you're right on the music but the older pokemon look a bit cooler. I mean its been only 10 years or so. Have you had your head on the N64 and Playstation all your life? And look at how much awesome the Mario games have gotten and he's 25 years old"

How exactly is this a comeback? Seems more of a straightforward rebuttal to me.

Was it the catch rate formula?

Yeah. It;s pretty simple when you examine it, but he's kind of an idiot. I'm not sure when he'll figure it out.
Funny thing is, I used to hate bullies when I was younger. I still do. The difference is, now I don't care what they think.

Yeah. It;s pretty simple when you examine it, but he's kind of an idiot. I'm not sure when he'll figure it out.
Funny thing is, I used to hate bullies when I was younger. I still do. The difference is, now I don't care what they think.

The exp chart's respective formulas probably are even better to use too.

This is the best one:

F*** You.

THIS. Especially when they don't expect it from a 'reclusive, pokemon-playing nerd', etc. Or, if they're standing in front of you, 'towering' over you, and they're male...do the obvious. As an optional extra, you could say while doing it 'I used Nutshot...It's super effective!'

THIS. Especially when they don't expect it from a 'reclusive, pokemon-playing nerd', etc. Or, if they're standing in front of you, 'towering' over you, and they're male...do the obvious. As an optional extra, you could say while doing it 'I used Nutshot...It's super effective!'

That's a very true point. Really, these "cleverly thought out comebacks" rarely work the way you want them too. Just telling the persecutor to screw off/that you don't care/whatever is a lot more respectable than giving a long-winded essay.

Long-winded rebuttals will probably get you clocked too.

Bully used Sucker Punch

Pokemon fan fainted

Bully defeated Pokemon fan

Bully got $10 for winning

Just to piss them off:
Bully: "You play Pokemon? Pokemon is for nerds!"
Me: "Hey, you got a Piplup? I'll trade you a Chimchar for it."

If someone made fun of me for playing Pokemon I would smash them over the head, tie them up and say to them: 'First I'm gong to torture you in the most horrible and painful way I can think of. Then I'm going to abuse you sexually in the most degrading way I can think of. Then I'll kill you in the slowest and most painful way I can conceive... Do you have any questions?

(I am obviously joking and do not actually agree with the above)

Last edited:
Long-winded rebuttals will probably get you clocked too.

Bully used Sucker Punch

Pokemon fan fainted

Bully defeated Pokemon fan

Bully got $10 for winning

Meh, no one at my school cares particularly. It's just the younger kids who tease me, and I just ignore them or tell them to f*** off.

"You play Pokemon? That's for babies!"
Me: "Hmm, says the person wearing a Dora the Explorer book bag."

Mine would be:
"Haha, you play Pokemon,that's for babies!"
"Shhhhh, hear that sound?"
"That's the sound of me not caring."

Meh, no one at my school cares particularly. It's just the younger kids who tease me, and I just ignore them or tell them to f*** off.

This. A little bas*&%# on the bus wouldn't shut up, and he just sounded retarded. I ended up punching him smack in the face, even though I'm a usually non-violent person. I couldn't stand it anymore when he started flicking me.

"Pokémon is gay"

"Ok, so why is it gay"

"Because gay people play it."

"Uh, why do gay people play it then??"

"Because it's for fags"

"No you idiot, WHY is it gay"

"....."

"....."

"Because it's gay"

*ignores*

*starts kicking seat and flicking me*

*punches* HARD

"Go to h3!! you b@st@r0!!!!!"

*moves four rows forward*

Yeah, I almost cried out of shame after punching him. I felt bad for him. I'm that emotional.

If someone gets to say something about my Pokémon hobby, I just look at him/her and smile brightly. It doesn't belong to anybody what I am doing or not.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom