• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon rumors

Blue Knight

Midnight Blue
Reaction score
What are some of the best, out of this world rumors you have heard of? I heard on time the original game were supposed to be have 7 version. One for each color of the rainbow.

If you beat the Elite Four 365 times the SS Anne will re-appear.

I wasn't laughing when I discovered this to be false. And I had already hit 87.

I heard that Groudon and Kyogre wouldn't be in the same party. And that your clothes would darken if you stood in the rain for a long time.

Mew is under the truck.

You have to use Card Key to open it. This is after you use Strength to move it. Also, once you catch Mew, you can use the Card Key to get in the truck and drive it. If you get out of the truck, it'll replace your Bike in your bag.

People used to argue about this for HOURS at my school back in Ye Olden Days before G/S/C came out. I'm positive GF put the truck back in FR/LG for the lulz.

What are some of the best, out of this world rumors you have heard of? I heard on time the original game were supposed to be have 7 version. One for each color of the rainbow.
Actually, wasn't that seven version thing NOT a rumor? I think it was actually intended, they just weren't able to go through with it for money reasons. Though seeing how they got four colors of the exact same game, they came pretty close to seven versions regardless...

Also, the typical "how to catch togepi" and other G2 pokemon in the original game rumors. There were so many, might as well just group them together.

If you put 100 honeys on the honey tree in Floaroma Town, Mew will appear on the honey tree.

level 35 Groudon on fire red. After you beat the 5th gym of course and don't forget to talk to professor Oak until he gives you the 3rd pokeball containing Groudon.

If you beat all the trainers in FRLG, then the boat in Vermillion will take you to Hoenn.

I was told if you brought a L78 rayquaza in RS to professor Birch, he would show you a bag full of rare candies and you'd obtain them (I actualld did this and it took a while to get rayquaza from lv70 to 78 in those games)

The big one at the time was that there was a way of getting to Kanto in RS if you complete the game, but I guess FR/LG cleared that up.

You have to use Card Key to open it. This is after you use Strength to move it. Also, once you catch Mew, you can use the Card Key to get in the truck and drive it. If you get out of the truck, it'll replace your Bike in your bag.

TRUCK in your backpack...lol transformers!!

Last edited:
Mew is under the truck.

People used to argue about this for HOURS at my school back in Ye Olden Days before G/S/C came out. I'm positive GF put the truck back in FR/LG for the lulz.
Seriously? I thought that it had to be a level 100 Golem that only knew strength that would push the car and reveal a latter where in that little cave area you would find a Pokeball with Mew in it... Did this just vary from place to place or something?

Also, I remember a rumor about MissingNo being a product of some dude trying to corrupt the game data before release so it would be a jumbled mess. Someone caught him and he was fired. They thought they had fixed the problem but had forgotten that one little area on Cinnabar.

Yeah... weird I know.

I was told in second grade that there were 7 lugias and 7 ho-ohs in GS. You had to use cut fifty times on that fence by the radio tower and it would open up to allow you to surf to a lugia colony. My old guidebook actually has my writing "cut 50 times" with an arrow.

The Ho-oh's were for some reason in Olivine port and I had to walk on the cylinders on the right-hand side.

And then there was the one where I can get mew in Dark Cave, but I have to use rock smash in a particular spot that varies from game to game. This one reminds me a bit of feebas.

I'm actually not sure that this is a rumour yet, 'cus I never tried, but I heard that if (in R/(G/)B/Y) you beat the E4 100 times you'd get a HM that would cut through walls so you could access the grass south of Pallet, where, who should be roaming wild but Mew xD

Seriously? I thought that it had to be a level 100 Golem that only knew strength that would push the car and reveal a latter where in that little cave area you would find a Pokeball with Mew in it... Did this just vary from place to place or something?

Probably, I was told you had to have a pokemon that knew strength and that pushed the truck so you could obtain the mew pokeball.

that in (japanese) ruby sapphire you would be able to get to space and catch deoxys/jirachi after the rocket launch reaches a certain number in Mossdeep (the number does increase however)

Also that you would be able to battle proffesor oak in R/B somehow (never tried though)

And this thing that drove me nuts, I once read about something in R/B/Y in a magazine to trigger a "secret office" by defeating a pokeball voltorb in the powerplant and then you have 10 secs to find a special rock which you can walk through and then you'll be in the secret office. I tried. It didn't work. I reset, tried again etc. etc.

that in (japanese) ruby sapphire you would be able to get to space and catch deoxys/jirachi after the rocket launch reaches a certain number in Mossdeep (the number does increase however)

Japanese? I heard that about English versions too, in RS it was 100 launhes and that in Emerald it was 64/65 or so launches, I am at 63 already and I am not resetting my game until I know for sure.

Japanese? I heard that about English versions too, in RS it was 100 launhes and that in Emerald it was 64/65 or so launches, I am at 63 already and I am not resetting my game until I know for sure.

japanese is between () because I didn't know wether the 'cheat' was for all versions or just the japanese

Also that you would be able to battle proffesor oak in R/B somehow (never tried though)

It's quite possible. You just have to glitch your game. I think bulbapedia has a topic on it.

shinx, it's not true.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom