• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon rumors

In the Hoenn games, if you do a certain thing a number of times at the Mossdeep Space Center, you'll ride a rocket to space and catch Jirachi or Deoxys.... and I believed that LOL!!

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread before, but I'm not willing to browse through 19 pages of rumors, you know? There was a sorta dark one from G2. If I remember right, it was specifically just Crystal. The rumor went to say that if I played the game long enough, I would get a call from Professor Elm saying that Oak had died, and I was invited to his funeral, and I would be told to go to this certain place, and I'd be taken to a funeral home where all this was going on, and there would be grass outside that place that had all the starters up to that generation that I could catch as many times as I wanted. If I remember it right, this rumor was on CheatCC, back when you could still get away with entering 'CCC.com' to get to that site.
It was so long ago, I don't even recall all the details of that rumor, but I gave the best I could remember.

I'm definitely one of those in the whole Space Center thing. I remember being so upset when I never got to go to space and felt like I was the only one!

As stated before, probably the Ash in a Coma thing, although that is really more of a headcanon than anything else.

My friend told me that if I defeat the Elite Four in Ruby, everyone I talk to will become my fan (you know for the fan club). I actually thought it was true at first.

Whoa. Your friend is psychic, 'cause that ish is confirmed for ORAS, four years later. :D

I'm not going to go through all the pages of a five year old thread so I don't know if these mentioned before or not but...

You know how they used grass tiles as filler in R/B/Y? There was this rumor that there was a dummy stone that you could use strength on and you could actually get to look for pokemon in the grass on that surrounded Pallet Town. Some said it was Mew others said it was the pre-released gen II pokemon...but the start was always the same.

There was also a rumor floating around in the old days that said Bill had a backdoor to his house and going through the area behind his house took you someplace new where you could also catch and/or the pre-released gen II pokemon.

My friend once told me that there was a Daycare Center in Sapphire run by Team Rocket. She claimed that if you left a Pikachu there, then came back for it, the Rocket people would claim that they turned it into the "most evil Pikachu ever". Only it wasn't. It was an angel Pikachu. My friend liked abusing her greater knowledge of the game when I was still a noob.

In Red, if you beat the Elite Four so many amount of times (I think it was around 300), you get a Togepi or the mysterious Pikablu. My brother and I fell for that, and even though we wasted hours doing something that was futile, I love to think back on how easily fooled we were without the existance of a GameFAQs or even Bulbapedia itself. The most we had were inaccurate Prima guides and fan sites that took advantage of us gullible kids (at least I was gullible enough to believe it).

One I read in a magazine during the release of Gen IV stated that you could use the mic on your DS to cure your Pokemon of status conditions. For example, if your Pokemon was confused, you were supposed to yell "Snap!" into the mic and your Pokemon would snap out of confusion. Needless to say, it was utter crap and didn't work.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom