• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The best Pokémon rumors

My friend once told me that in Pokemon Ruby if you caught Rayquayza and then used rock smash 700,000 times where it was, it would make all the Pokemon in the game shiny.

Good thing I never tried it.

Wow, 700,000 rock smashes in that one spot. Not even going halfway there alone would dry out the batteries on the spot. And we all know that'd be as useless as leaves on a squid.

Wow, 700,000 rock smashes in that one spot. Not even going halfway there alone would dry out the batteries on the spot. And we all know that'd be as useless as leaves on a squid.

Well the kid who told me that was like 7 at the time and more then likely did not know that and just wanted to trick people into doing long things for items or shiny Pokemon.

Well, at least the Pokemon community is more informative on shit like shinies now than it used to be. Back in the day I thought the Red Gyarados was only like that because it's part of an event required to progress through the game, though I faintly recall seeing what could've been a shiny Butterfree on Gold (popped out when I headbutt'd it, I think). Can't be sure for the love of me, though.

Well long before we knew about Bulbapedia or any other big Pokemon fan site with info we just had to figure crap out our selfs and of corse some kids give out lies.

Like I remember one finding a shiny Dratini and then some kid telling him its a glitch and to shut off his game and he did.

But also there was anothe rumor that if you got 999 of every items but masterballs and rare candies you would be able to buy masterballs and rare candies for free.

Lol..Some of these rumours are so freaking hilarious and some even downright stupid.

I did, however, believe at one point where you can follow this list of commands and unlock Mew in the truck in the original Red/Blue. :(

I even thought it worked on FireRed and LeafGreen (6 years ago, that is). :O

All your success with duping your kid sisters makes me wish I'd tricked the kid brat into releasing/KOing his shiny Primeape (though I stole it later).

The best part is that I mix it in with real advice, so they never know what's fake. XD I'm waiting for my brother to get Black version so I can pull a few good ones on him.

I rember when I was younger being told a few lies, the few about Pokémon that I can remember are:

-You could battle Professor Oak in R/B/Y – turned out to be true (with hacks).
-Eevee would evolve into Leafeon with a leafstone – turns out it became a little true in gen 4.
-There being a Mew under the truck by the S.S.Anne - we all know its fake.
-When we only had R/B that a Green would be coming out with the ability to capture all 151 Pokémon in it.
-If you traded a Charizard to gen 2 then traided it with the metal coat it would evolve into a metal Charizard – my friend even had a (shiny) silver Charizard on gold.
-You could catch mew in G/S by smashing a certian rock – fake.
-If you went to the mountain with the dancing Clefairy you could get an egg, take that to the shrine in Ilex forest it would hatch and you would get a Celebi. - semi-true.
-Pressing B when the ball shakes to up the capture sucess– didn't take long for this to fail.
-You could do the MissingNo trick in FireRed and LeafGreen – again fake.
-You could kill your Pokémon if they fainted too often – thankfully a fake.
-Got given a deoxys my friend said he had caught in Emerald - just hacked.
-Black and White would have 3D content – I wish this was true.

Heck I've heard a few lies, and these ones are just about a computer game.

Oh right, and someone told me Umbreon and Espeon evolves with stones.
Eevee does using stones in XD.

You can evolve Eevee into Espeon at night and into Umbreon at day. Thank you, Prima FRLG guide. >:C You can't even evolve them in FRLG thanks to the lack of time.

I vaguely remember something about the player being able to fight a legendary on each step of Mirage Island.

I heard some version of the Space Center rumor that involved you fighting a fusion of Jirachi and Deoxys called Jiroxys or something stupid like that.

"If you defeat 100 Unown in the Solaceon Ruins, you'll get Celebi."
Of course, this was coming from a bunch of Arceus hackers at a science course, before I joined here. Now I wish I could've PWNed them with my F.E.A.R. Ratatta, but I didn't know that strategy yet.

I always loved the Mossdeep Space Center Rocket Launch rumor, where you can go into space and get Deoxys. I think the number of launches in my Emerald actually went over 100, but by then I knew the rumor was false.

According to my classmate a few years ago, there was a hidden underwater city in pokémon ruby and sapphire, but it was REALLY well hidden :p His uncle was a "pokémon pro" and "had found it" :p

I remember that, a few years ago, one of my friends told me that if you leave a Groudon and a Kyogre in the day care they will produce an egg that is a fused version of those two! I didn't really believe it, but it was still pretty amusing to me!
I want a Trainer with long blue hair,blue eyes, a white shirt with a green master ball on it , green pants with a Scrafty tail, is male, and has red fingerless gloves. (pants are baggy.)

When I first got Red, my dad told me that repeatedly visiting the Pokemon Center was the way to level up your Pokemon, rather than battling. It took me a month to figure out that he was messing with me.

...Looking back over these posts, I realized that my family screws with each other a lot. o_o;

I want a Trainer with long blue hair,blue eyes, a white shirt with a green master ball on it , green pants with a Scrafty tail, is male, and has red fingerless gloves. (pants are baggy.)
Isn't this the rumors thread? I know what you're talking about, so to PM, you click on Hex's profile, and click private message. Then, write what you want to write. Unfortunately, you need 15 posts to PM.

Anyways, this kid told me that on the island next to Liberty Garden, there will be a museum, (you need an event pass to go there), in it, there will be a glass wall separating you from another part, and debris strewn everywhere. You can find items like Rare Candies. The wild Pokemon are amazingly hard, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, and Hydreigon all at level 60. At the end will be a small room, in it will be a suit of armor. Talk to it, and you'll battle Genesect! It's level 75, by the way. Once you beat/catch it, a Master Ball will be there the second time you visit. Once Genesect is gone, a door will open, leading you behind the glass wall. You will find a shiny Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, and Patrat wild all at level 5. At the end of the hall, you will find TM96 Guillotine. lol:look:

Last edited:
I remember really believing back in the RBY days that moving the directional pad in time with the way the pokeball shakes would ensure a successful catch.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom