• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The BGC Tournament (Over and Done With)

Wispy Willow

Ducks
Reaction score
Unorigonal names are unorigonal. Welcome, fellow forum-goers, to my first Pokémon tournament, the BulbaGarden Champoinship. It's about friggin' time we had another tourney, so here we are. If the title didn't tip you of, this here is a VGC tournament because there really should be more of those here... But I digress, thanks to @sharkshocker; for giving me premision to host this.

Now, let me explain the Rules:

This here's your standard VGC tourney, which means it follows thees rules:

-VGC battles are Double battles, so all battles in this tourney will use the Doubles format. Obviously.

-The battles shall be Flat battles, which means two things: that any 'mon Lv. 51 or above shall be returned to Lv. 50 and that of the team of six you bring, you will only be allowed to use four in any given battle.

-No two Pokémon may hold the same item.

-You can't use two of the same Pokémon on your team.

-On the topic of items, the Soul Dew is banned.

-You can't use the following Pokémon on your team:

Mewtwo
Mew
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Kyrogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shayman
Arceus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Victini
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie

-Since it is too hard to enforce the Blue Pentagon rule, I'll just say that any Pokémon that has a move it can't learn through any means in Gen VI it can't participate.

Anyway, about how the tournament itself will be conducted...

-No. of participants: 16 max.

-The structure of this tourney shall be Double Elimimation.

-OR/AS is the software that will be used to do battle, but Showdown is allowed as a last resort.

-Once you have had one battle, you must use that team for the rest of the tournament.

-The tourney will begin two weeks from now on the 24th.

-The rounds shall go for three weeks, after which if someone hasn't finished thier battle, one of the two participants shall be dropped and the other person shall advance to the next round.

As for prizes... Firstly, they shall be distributed in the following manner: 1st place gets to pick any prize off the following list, 2nd gets to pick from the remaining two and third gets whatever is left over. Secondly, the prizes are as follows:

Kangaskhan
Nature: Adamant
Ability:Scrappy
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Moves: None

Beldum
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: None

Salamence
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Dragon Dance

Whew... Now that we've got that out of the way... Let the sign-ups begin!

Participants:

1. sharkshocker
2. Alexey
3. Slife
4. Vivillon
5. BadAssKoala
6. Hauntales
7. jackatlasred
8. BadAssGardevoir

Round One:

Alexey vs. BadAssGardevoir
Slife vs. sharkshocker
BadAssKoala vs. Vivillon
jackatlasred vs. Hauntales

Round 2:

Alexey vs. sharkshocker
Vivillon vs. Hauntales

Round 1 (Losers Bracket):

BadAssGardevoir vs. Slife
BadAssKoala vs. jackatlasred

Round 3:

sharkshocker vs. Vivillon

Round 2 (Losers Bracket):

Hauntales vs. Slife
Alexey vs. BadAssKoala

Round 3 (Losers Bracket):

Slife vs. BadAssKoala

Round 4 (Losers Bracket):

Slife vs. Vivillon

Round 4:

Round 5:

Oh, and here's a bracket to help you keep track of everything

Last edited:
Re: The BGC Tournament (sign-ups)

I haven't done anything VGC in over a year, I don't have a single competitive Poke in my AS, and I haven't even playd through AS in the first place

I'm in

Looking forward to this, +me :D

Heh, why aren't I surprised that you'd enter, shark? :) Signed you up.

I haven't done anything VGC in over a year, I don't have a single competitive Poke in my AS, and I haven't even playd through AS in the first place

I'm in

Well, just try your best, that's all anyone can really do. You are indeed in.

Hooray, VGC!!! I'm just about done with one online tournament, so I'm gonna join this one. Count me in!

I've been playing Triples more than Doubles, so I can't join this with a good team.

Grr I have absolutely no time for this tournament, but I will do it anyway.

Well, just try your best with the time you do have. :)

Hooray, VGC!!! I'm just about done with one online tournament, so I'm gonna join this one. Count me in!

Ah, it's good to meet another VGC fan... Oh, and I've signed you up. Obviously.

I've been playing Triples more than Doubles, so I can't join this with a good team.

Triples teams aren't too far off from VGC teams... Or are they? I wouldn't really know since I don't play Tripples. But I digress, you are now signed up.

Im not super good at double battles, but I'm hyped about getting OR so count me in my good sir.

I'd like to give this a try

I should have clarified, I don't want to sign up.

Ah, my bad, removed you from the list.

Im not super good at double battles, but I'm hyped about getting OR so count me in my good sir.

It's always good to broaden ones' horizons... Oh, and you are indeed in.

I'd like to give this a try

OK, you're all signed up fellow Ninetales fan.

Also, I should probably mention that, once you've had one battle, you can't change anything in your team for the rest of the tourney... If that makes you change your mind about entering this, then it's not too late to quit. Either way, I'll edit that into the OP.

IM in on this i guess

Indeed you are. :)

Also, if there is an odd number of participants when this starts, I'm going to enter myself so that no-one has to sit out round one. Just sayin'.

And Umm... so about the rules you mean we battle with the same team of four? Cause im a bit confused, you can bring six and use only four? Also mega mawile its legit? As aegislash?

Last edited:
Re: The BGC Tournament (Round One-FIGHT!)

And Umm... so about the rules you mean we battle with the same team of four? Cause im a bit confused, you can bring six and use only four? Also mega mawile its legit? As aegislash?

Firstly, once you select a team of six, you must use those six for the duration of the tourney. However, you may freely choose any four out of those six for the individual battles, much like in other VGC tourneys. Secondly, this tourney uses VGC rules, as I previously stated, and there isn't anything against M. Maw and Aegislash in the VGC rulebook as far as I know. I hope I cleared that up for you.

Anyway... Since it's the 24th (here at least), I'm going to start the tourney now. Oh, and I will be participating because I don't want anyone to feel left out of round one... Or something. Not that I'm going to take a prize, I'll pass my pick to the guy below me if I actually get anywhere.

But I digress... @sharkshocker;, @Alexey;, @Slife;, @Vivillon;, @BadAssKoala;, @Hauntales; and jackatlasred, the matches will be in the OP by the time I post this.

Re: The BGC Tournament (Round One-FIGHT!)

I just stole an Aaron Zheng team

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom