• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The big bang or intelligent design

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I'm seeing no point in arguing with you guys because You've already outruled anything I could interject because you believe what you believe to be true and nothing else can be true, so it's impossible to convince you. I give up and will never visit this part of the forum again, because there is no reason.

Yeah, guys. QUIT BELIEVING YOUR FACTS.

No quit believing that you have obtained the ultimate form of knowledge and can not be taught, only the foolish think as such. You ludicrous, hard headed, son of rapidash.

No quit believing that you have obtained the ultimate form of knowledge and can not be taught, only the foolish think as such. You ludicrous, hard headed, son of rapidash.

Who here has said they have the ultimate form of knowledge? I never said there was one answer to everything. In fact, I made a point of showing numerous alternatives. I merely chose to focus on one to prove a point. That point? That nothing is as easy as it seems. And that there are ALWAYS numerous ways of looking at things.

So why is my way considered wrong? By what standard do you measure? Your own preferance?

So why is my way considered wrong? By what standard do you measure? Your own preferance?

AGAIN, you've COMPLETELY misconstrued what I was saying. I NEVER said your way of debating was wrong. I merely pointed out why certain things you were saying were wrong. THAT'S CALLED DEBATING. You prove YOUR side by pointing out how the other side is wrong. And backing up your statements with reputable sources (though Wiki's debatable as a "reputable" source) is a pretty good way of doing things.

And, I was pointing out how you were CONSTANTLY misinterpreting what I was saying.

NO religion (or lack of it) can be used to draw ANY conclusion as to how a nation will function, and the atrocities they will, or will not, carry out.

My point is simply that when atheists trot out the "Inquisition and Crusades prove that all religion is bad" argument, they're not exactly standing on the moral high ground themselves, considering what Stalin did. And, as pointed out, dictators want total control of their country, including the citizens, government, and religion.

Oh, and to raise your final point, there was this guy called Joshua... Canaanites, sun stood still, walls of Jericho, and all that? Didn't he also have the little whispers in his head?

And your point is...?

Barb said:
"God" really didn't tell everyone to go and kill everyone different. If that's you're argument, then you're badly misinterpreting scripture. And yes, I am perfectly aware that now the debate will get into the Old Testament and the wars of the Jews.

That's not really my argument. Ganondorf seems to be under the impression that if Hitler mentions Darwin, then Darwin must be telling him to kill Jews, disabled people, gays, gypsies, etc. I'm saying that before Darwin was used as an excuse, God was. I know God most likely didn't tell people to commit genocide ... but because some yahoo puts up a God poster before laying waste to countrysides, magically it's all God's fault. The Crusades were started when the Pope wanted to get in on the super-sweet spice trade deal, so he told all his henchmen to spread the word that God said to go kick ass in Israel. What I have always found strange is the atheist tendency to blame God for genocide when, if He really doesnt' exist, then it is STILL just a damn human moron making the call. A non-existant person should not be blamed for the tribulations of humanity.

My point is simply that when atheists trot out the "Inquisition and Crusades prove that all religion is bad" argument, they're not exactly standing on the moral high ground themselves, considering what Stalin did. And, as pointed out, dictators want total control of their country, including the citizens, government, and religion.

You completely misunderstood the argument. The point of bringing up the crusades is that not everything resulting from Christianity is good. Nobody here has said that everything resulting from atheism was good, either.

Really, you complain about how everyone seems to have an agenda against Christianity, but it seems to me you have some kind of grudge against atheism.

You just aren't citing relevant facts, and you're not well-informed enough about either world history or the general state of affairs today to make good arguments.

Well if you used more plain methods of speach without dodging around in you 20 syllable words and explaining things more. I don't only want the results of the test I want the circumstances so to speak.

Well if you used more plain methods of speach without dodging around in you 20 syllable words and explaining things more. I don't only want the results of the test I want the circumstances so to speak.

Don't understand something? Ask. Or use Google, or Wikipedia to look it up for yourself. We can't be expected to make sure that everything we say meets your standards.

Hitler wasn't a Theist, he was an aitheist. What are you talking about, I don't get it sorry.

Uhm --Hitler was a christian, hon.

The entire Nazi army had "Gott mit uns" (God is with us) on their belt buckles.

You completely misunderstood the argument. The point of bringing up the crusades is that not everything resulting from Christianity is good. Nobody here has said that everything resulting from atheism was good, either.

Really, you complain about how everyone seems to have an agenda against Christianity, but it seems to me you have some kind of grudge against atheism.

Kindly point out the exact post where I stated that. If you fail to find it, it's because it doesn't exist. I hold no grudges against any person or any worldview. Chill out.

Uhm --Hitler was a christian, hon.

The entire Nazi army had "Gott mit uns" (God is with us) on their belt buckles.

Hitler was what I call a CINO, a Christian in name Only. He was somebody who was born Christian and tried to use his Christianity as a cover for his wicked plans. I guess he thought he was saved so it didn't matter what he did. But I can testify as a Christian, that his actions were anything but those of a Christian.

And so? Therefore, Stalin was an AINO. You could disown anyone you choose, doesn't mean they didn't consider themselves that.

Point: Hitler was an asshole who was also a Christian. The two are not mutually exclusive, neither is being atheist and evil. It's just that, like some atheists, like Stalin, were assholes, some Christians, like Hitler, were also. ANYONE is capable of being evil.

Exactly. If we dismissed every Christian who didn't act Christian 100% of the time, we'd be left with roughly nobody left.

Exactly. If we dismissed every Christian who didn't act Christian 100% of the time, we'd be left with roughly nobody left.

Not to mention the ever-shifting definition of just what defines an "un-Christian" act.

Not to mention the ever-shifting definition of just what defines an "un-Christian" act.

Obviously, the definition wouldn't BE so ever-shifting if everyone who claimed to be Christian actually read their Bibles and analyzed them logically and honestly. As a result of failure to do so, you have Christianity being used to justify a slew of things it does not, and never did, support, from racism to the idea that sex is the original sin.

The Bible can be kinda like the Constitution that way... .. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom