• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"The Big Freeze"

The Magneton

Reaction score
So Scotland has been snowing for 5 days now and it is now known as the Big Freeze. Temperatures have got as low as -21 deg. C. All schools in Glasgow have been closed and over half of all Scotiish pupils have been sent home, but not me! So out of curiosity, is it snowing where you are, and if it is, how thick is it? Or maybe it is just in the UK.

But there's one good thing...
MORE SNOWBALLZ!

It's been snowing slightly here, topping off at 5cm of snow on the ground. Current temperature is 5 degrees sub zero. With the wind, the temperature felt was -20 degrees Celsius though.

Yep. It's only just some flurries, but it's still *squeal* SNOWING!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think that's bad, think about how we have it here in Canada XD

(It hasn't actually been that bad here in Toronto.)

Lol who wants to give me their snow and have my soon to be summer weather in return?

It's cold in my town but it never snows here. But if you talk about Brazil in general, well, there was a big snowfall through most of the south. It snowed even at the coast. I'm sure it got near -10C in the mountains there. Which is very low for Brazil.

I'm guessing it's around -13 or 14 degrees outside. Could have been worse, but imagine standing pretty still for two hours in that temperature. Luckily there's no wind.

Though tomorrow, the place I'm going to has a forecast of ... -23 degrees.

Where I live has been getting small flurries on an of for the past couple of days. There really isn't snow on the ground, though.

Its really bad here in Fife, in all my 20 (soon to be 21) years I have never seen it as bad as this. I used to love it when it snowed at school, but when you need to go food shopping & the buses & trains are off, or you are trying to phone up job adverts & the places are closed, you will lose your fondness for snow. I woke up this morning to find some rather dangerous-looking icicles hanging from the roof, one actually fell & narrowly avoided someone. I hope it is a sunny, dry christmas!

I wish it was snowing over here. We have just started summer and it hasn't rained since about 20 days ago. I seriously hate climate change!

NO! ITS FUCKING SNOWING AGAIN!!! Right before the (now probably ruined) weekend too!!! So much for Global Warming!

I live in Maine, USA and we barely have any snow :(
And my Dad's in Scotland for business, so I hope he's doing OK.

I haven't had any snow.

There's been snow here, only 1 storm bad enough to close school actually, and that was on Monday. It's been rather calm lately, with us now having at least just 1 inch of snow on the ground (perhaps even more), and it's been only in the range of 5 to 35 degrees (F) lately lol.

we had a Deep Freeze in Toronto where the temp was -23 with windchill of
-35 degrees. Call this Cold? In Yellowknife it was -34 with -48 windchill

we had a Deep Freeze in Toronto where the temp was -23 with windchill of
-35 degrees. Call this Cold? In Yellowknife it was -34 with -48 windchill

There was a frostbite warning where I live yesterday.

The coldest it got was -32 C though.

Back
Top Bottom