• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers The Black Charizard Trainer

Reaction score
So, I was playing through the Delta Episode of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and near the end of it, when Steven is talking with Wallace, Steven mentions a trainer who owns a black Charizard. I can't recall any trainers who, within the game's canon, carries a black Charizard, be it a shiny normal one or the Mega X one. Any ideas on who Steven is referring to?

He's talking about alain grom the mega evolution special of the anime.

This. More specifically from Bulbapedia:

"If the player has Steven's Shiny Beldum, Steven Stone makes a nod to Alain and Mega Evolution Special II during the Delta Episode in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, mentioning an occasion, a long time ago, when he had the chance to meet and battle Rayquaza alongside a young Trainer who used a black Charizard."

It also makes me wonder if Alain is actually intended to make an appearance in an upcoming main game, or if the above is just a nod to the anime considering that it only happens when you have the event Beldum in your party. It would be cool if his involvement with Team Flare in XY(Z) actually parallels the role that he has in a hypothetical new Kalos adventure. Nonetheless it was a nice little Easter Egg to have in ORAS.

Can I also say that I loved the shiny Beldum event? First time i've bothered training the species up and now as a Metagross it is a huge mainstay of my Omega Ruby team.

I think it's just an easter egg, as the picture in Archie's room is apparently a nod to the manga

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom