• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules The Blog and Social Group Rules

$aturn¥oshi

Stealin' cars.
Reaction score
Blog Rules (Updated: June 10, 2013)

Yes, we have them:

1.) General forum rules still apply. No posting of where to obtain/ask for ROMS, emulators or links to illegal downloads/streams. No discussing these either.
1a.) A minimum of 10 posts are required to post a blog.
1b.) No trolling/flamebaiting as well. These will result in an automatic infraction.
1c.) Any topic open for discussion on the forums is allowed in blogs. Even "controversial" topics concerning race issues, sexual orientation, religion, etc.
1d.) Posting about hate or violence against fellow humans will not be tolerated.
1e.) Discussing politics is BANNED in the blog section. The staff asks that those topics be kept in the Campaign Bus.​

2.) Spam. Let's keep some variety on the blog index. 2 blogs of differing topics in a row are fine. If you have a lot to blog about in a day, save them as drafts for later or set them to post at a later time. That way, other users can have their blogs on the main index as well.
2a.) Posting more than one blog a day is fine, just don't take up a whole blog index page.​
2b.) No spamming of blogs with several comments one after another by the same user. Also, don't constantly post a comment only to delete it shortly after.
2c.) Blogs should have coherent and readable content. No posting single words or phrases continuously or posting of the same image over and over.​

3.) Advertising is okay in the blogs. You are allowed to advertise your videos, fanfics or even for other forums.
3a.) If your sole purpose on these forums is to advertise in blogs without contributing to the forums proper, that is disallowed.
3b.) Contributing does not include posts related to said blog entries.
3c.) Contributing does not include the posts simply to gain permission to blog and nothing else.​

4.) Fan Fiction, game trades, wants and offers are allowed in the blogs. However, you are also encouraged to post this content in the Fiction Fairground and the Global Trade Station.

5.) Large images must be spoiler tagged. If it stretches the blog boarders, spoiler it. If it fills up most of your screen, spoiler it. If you aren't sure, spoiler it. The same applies to multiple (5 or more) medium to large size images.
5a.) As a suggestion, if you have very huge pics, or several large pics to post, it may be more considerate to simply post the links to the images. That way, users with slower connections can view the blog. Another method is to wrap the large image(s) in [noparse][sigimgh][/sigimgh][/noparse] tags to resize them.​
5b.) Blogs are allowed to have up to 20 images each. In addition, 1 video per blog.​
5c.) The character limit per blog post is 32,000.​

6.) Don't post in month-old blogs debating the anime. If you want to start a new discussion or revive an old one, you can make a new blog to do so.

7.) The Blog Mods are as follows: $aturn¥oshi, Karamazov, Winter Rain,ScarletSky Yang Xiao Long, and headed by Karamazov.

Questions? Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Social Group Rules: (Updated 2013. 3. 15)

If you're looking for a place to discuss common interests whether it be a niche of the Pokemon Fandom or about anything in life in general, the Social Groups are the place for you.

The Social Groups do have a set of rules and they are as follows:

1.)
General forum rules still apply. No posting of ROMS, emulators or links to illegal downloads/streams.
1a.) No trolling/flamebaiting as well. These will result in an automatic infraction.​
1b.) There are no rules regarding double posting or ‘bumping’ in Social Groups, unless it is clear other users, especially the owner, find such actions intolerable to carrying on with discussion in the group.​

2.) The creation of ‘Team’ social groups is prohibited.

A Team does not necessarily have to be labeled a ‘Team’ to be considered for this category.
Definition of a ‘Team’ Group:

• A group who’s primary function is to operate under fictional employ by creating a hierarchy
  • A group who engages in campaigns for active recruitment to increase membership.
  • A group that ‘plans’ and ‘organizes’ attacks on other groups or members.
  • A group that engages in activity beyond the bounds of its own group, specifically, attacking other groups or members.

What is NOT considered a Team group:

• A group that intends to function with respect to a function of the Pokémon game including battling, trading or capturing specific pokemon. (This include leagues and the like).
  • Any group that features a fan club dedicated to the official Pokémon teams including Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Snagem, Cipher, Team Galactic and Team Plasma. As well as teams found in other side games such as the Mystery Dungeon series and Ranger series.

3.) Users must receive approval from a Groups staff member before creating a new Group. A user will need to send the following information to a Social Groups staff member:

• Category of the Social Group
  • The name of the Social Group
  • If the Group should be Moderated or Invite Only *
  • If the Group should be Locked (allowed in limited cases)

*'Moderated' means that a user must be approved by the Groups owner before they can post in the Group. 'Invite Only' means that the Group's owner sends out invitations for the new members.

In general, discussions in a Group must be public. Users must join to view the content option must be disabled. If we find a Group that has its discussions Private for unneeded purposes, we will take actions that can vary from simply disabling the function on our own, or even deleting the Group.

For reference, here are the categories for Social Groups.

- Arts and Entertainment
- Bulbagarden Social
- Bulbagarden User Fan Clubs
- Contest/Event Planning
- Internet and Parody
- Misc
- Non-Pokémon Anime
- Non-Pokémon Character Fan Clubs
- Non-Pokémon Games
- Pokémon Character Fan Clubs
- Pokémon Fan Clubs
- Pokémon Games
- Race & Nationality
- Shipping Fan Clubs
- Social Justice

Before requesting a new Group, please use the search function to look up the specific group that interests you. It might already exist.

If you have created a Group skipping this approval step, be aware that depending on the circumstances, the staff might delete the Group. (ex. the new Group being a duplicate)​

4.) If there is a Social Group of which owner is inactive - no forum activity seen for a year - then the ownership can be requested by another user. Feel free to contact a Social Groups staff member; after looking into the situation, they will Transfer the ownership to the user that requested it.

5.) Be mindful of the group owner’s wishes and how they would like to operate their group.
5a.) A group owner reserves the right to remove any images or discussion from their own group.​
5b.) A group owner reserves the right to invite or remove any member from their group.​
5c.) Please stay within the bounds of what the group owner sets.​
5d.) If a group leader appears unruly, please report them to an Admin or Social Group Mod to handle.​

6.) If there is a group that you feel is in violation of the forums, please PM any admin or Social Group Mod with the link to the Social Group to report it. Admins and Social Group moderators have the final authority in maintaining any group.
6a.) Likewise, discussions within groups are reportable; please report any behavior that violates the rules of the forums.​

7.) The Social Group Mods are as follows: @$aturn¥oshi, ; @Kakuna Matata; @Zenax; @ScarletSky; and @Enzap; .

If you have any additional comments, questions or concerns about the Social Groups or its rules, feel free to post them here, or contact a Social Groups staff member.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new friend of mine was wanting to comment on my blog, but couldn't. I'm guessing that this rule also applies to comments since he only has 6 posts?

1a.) A minimum of 10 posts are required to post a blog.

Well, I have a question.

Pokecheck has an engine to watch battles uploaded to GTS based after Pokémon Showdown's. I want to post a couple of my battles in my blog, is it illegal?

Well, I have a question.

Pokecheck has an engine to watch battles uploaded to GTS based after Pokémon Showdown's. I want to post a couple of my battles in my blog, is it illegal?

We have no problem with you posting those battles in blogs or threads.

5.) Large images must be spoiler tagged. If it stretches the blog boarders, spoiler it. If it fills up most of your screen, spoiler it. If you aren't sure, spoiler it. The same applies to multiple (5 or more) medium to large size images.
5a.) As a suggestion, if you have very huge pics, or several large pics to post, it may be more considerate to simply post the links to the images. That way, users with slower connections can view the blog. Another method is to wrap the large image(s) in [noparse][sigimgh][/sigimgh][/noparse] tags to resize them.​
5b.) Blogs are allowed to have up to 20 images each. In addition, 1 video per blog.​
5c.) The character limit per blog post is 32,000.​

Out of curiousity, what constitutes a large image? And a medium and small?

I mean, you say "if it fills up most of your screen"... in order to do that, on my screen, the image would have to be 1500 wide. But i know most computers, and especially laptops, tablets and smart phones, are not running a 1920x1080 resolution.

More importantly... and the reason for this post... The pokemon images on Bulbapedia are 250x250 (Lucario at least). Do they count as small or medium?

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom