• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bone Zone

CuboneKing

Your Favorite Burnout
Reaction score
Howdy partners. I’m CuboneKing, and you have now entered the Bone Zone. Here I’ll be talking about life, music, movies, politics, Pokémon, my impressive collection of mental health problems, and everything in between. Others are more than welcome to join in the discussion but keep it civil folks. Have fun and try not to lose your mind, spend too much time with my thoughts and you may end up obsessed with a foot tall brown motherless dinosaur thing for your entire life.

Not in the least bit sorry about the title btw.

Let’s start with a few super duper fun facts:

-My first Pokémon game was Blue Rescue Team, and my first main series game was Diamond
-I’m level 42 in Pokémon Go and master rank in Unite. Yup.
-I came up with the name CuboneKing when I was 9, signed up for Bulbapedia at 10, and the forums shortly before I turned 11. I have literally been a Bulbagarden member for the majority of my life lmfao
-Some of my mega dope fun time mental illnesses include depression, anxiety, C-PTSD, and ARFID. I’m also like 99% sure I’m on the autism spectrum but I haven’t gotten tested yet. I’ve been in a mental health PHP for the past two and a half weeks, one and a half to go. I’m sure I’ll elaborate on that in another post. (I’m not displaying all this as a “badge of honor” thing like you see in people’s bios on twitter, but it is a big part of my life and anything goes in the Bone Zone)
-I’m a fervent anti-capitalist and believe it is the root cause killing our planet, dividing our population, and restricting our quality of life. Don’t agree? Let’s talk, we can still be friends
-I’m a musician/producer. My style is still evolving but it’s a blend between rock, hip-hop/pop, and electronic. I was in a band for many years but that kinda fizzled out and I’m going solo
-I’m really into Marvel movies/TV shows
-My Smash mains are Lucario, King K. Rool, Mr. G&W, and Incineroar
-I’ve lived in Washington my entire life
-My favorite foods are grilled cheese and pizza
-I worked retail for two and half years and that shit will fucking break you lol
-I dropped out of college after one year

I guess that’s enough for now. Now you know a bit more of the man behind the skull. Thank you for visiting the Bone Zone. Any questions/comments/concerns/complaints?

Question! (well, two of them, actually)
Do you put pineapple on pizza?
Does your style sound any similar to say, jxdn or any of the "5th wave" pop punk/rap artists? I'd love to hear some of your stuff!!

Also, this is cool! I'm glad you have a space for yourself! Maybe I'll make one. idk.
I’m not a pineapple on pizza guy for the sole reason that I’m just not a pineapple guy in general, that texture and flavor weirds me out for some reason. I’m not one of those people who treats doing that as absolute sacrilege though lmao
So I’ve never listened to jxdn but I just checked out a couple songs of theirs and it’s like super up my alley. Definitely gonna be listening to more. I’d say my style is somewhat adjacent to that, I use a lot of trap drums and distorted instruments. It’s usually quite a bit darker and a little more electronic and occasionally metal tinged I’d say, but I wanna get better at writing in major keys. Also wanna incorporate more raw guitar but my playing is really rusty these days and getting the tone right is a whole thing, I usually end up incredibly frustrated and depressed. But with my mental health clearing up I feel like I’m gonna be more up to those challenges. I’ll totally send you some of my stuff sometime! Also if I like jxdn do you have any recommendations?

Feeling somewhere between depressed and melancholic tonight. I have a relationship that… I have to end, and I feel like I have to do it now so I at least have another week of my PHP to help get me through it. I’m worried that if I do it after the grief and guilt will send me back into my old habits and erase all my progress. And I’m having a hard time with music, both listening and creating. Nothing really sounds good to me right now and that sucks. I’m overall in an infinitely better place than I was a few weeks ago but I am sad right now. And that’s okay, I’m gonna be okay, but blah.

if you think you have to end it, the sad truth is probably that you have to.
please make the decisions that will benefit you and your mental health in the end!
i'm super glad that you're here and that you're doing better, and i'm glad that you're able to be confident enough to put out your worries here.
i know that you'll be OK man. :3
i hope that you'll feel better!!
(also, good jxdn songs that i like are So What! and Tonight, both by him)

to help with melancholy, I always listen to "Somewhere City", the world's best album. It's emo pop-punk, and it reminds me of a really tough time and of a relationship ending (it was out of both of our control). if you ever need someone to talk to, you're never alone. you got everyone here, your music, and somewhere city.
I really really appreciate all that, thank you so much, truly. I’ll definitely check out all that music, I need new stuff now more than ever lmao. You’re right about the relationship, I know what I have to do… it’s just really hard. Obviously. I’m still feeling sad today but I’m gonna get through it. Again, seriously, thank you.

I don’t know what PHP means (sorry) but my therapy group (since I joined this year) made me realise some of my own bad/toxic relationships and gave me the impetus to cut the cords. It’s so so hard and feels sad but can I say, several months down the line, the relief is real. Here if you need to talk.

Also, love the thread name pal :bulbaWave:

I don’t know what PHP means (sorry) but my therapy group (since I joined this year) made me realise some of my own bad/toxic relationships and gave me the impetus to cut the cords. It’s so so hard and feels sad but can I say, several months down the line, the relief is real. Here if you need to talk.

Also, love the thread name pal :bulbaWave:
I super appreciate that, thank you friend. PHP = partial hospitalization program, so I’m in an intensive program and I am staying over there but I have freedom at night unlike a lock-up facility. I’m really happy for you that you’ve been able to cut that toxicity out of your life :)

I did it. I broke up with her. She was really angry at first but when that settled we had a really great, honest, respectful talk and I feel good about where we left things. Door’s open for a friendship or even starting it again if the healthy versions of us decide that’s a good idea. I explained everything about my treatment and the long silence and she was understanding. We’re both gonna be okay. I’m really sad obviously but I know I did the right thing.

Congratulations. I'm glad that you were able to go through it in a respectul and mature way!
I hope you feel better man.
Now go enjoy your Sunday!! Watch a football game, cook something tasty, listen to music, play some games, etc etc/
Do what you love, because you've sure as hell earned it :3
Thank you so much dude, it really means the world. I feel like we both handled it in a much more mature way than we would’ve been able to just a couple months ago. Hell yeah I’m gonna do everything I want today, I might crack open my switch for the first time in 3 weeks. Though if anything was killing my mental health it was Pokémon Unite LOL

Sucks to hear about your breakup man, glad you did the right thing tho. Hope things get better

Also ayy you main Lucario as well? He's my secondary, I'm trying to unlock my main (incineroar). I've played with him a lot on other ppl's files and I just really want him in my roster lol. You play smash often still?

Sucks to hear about your breakup man, glad you did the right thing tho. Hope things get better

Also ayy you main Lucario as well? He's my secondary, I'm trying to unlock my main (incineroar). I've played with him a lot on other ppl's files and I just really want him in my roster lol. You play smash often still?
Hey I appreciate it. Yeah I’ve playing Lucario since my Brawl days. Honestly he’s kinda taken a backseat to K Rool in Ultimate but I’d still definitely call him one of my mains. Good luck unlocking Tony the Tiger! And I haven’t been playing a lot of smash these days tbh, especially not with my crappy joycons. Always down to play it with friends though. I’m a lot better than most of them so they don’t often wanna play with me for too long LOL

Hey I appreciate it. Yeah I’ve playing Lucario since my Brawl days. Honestly he’s kinda taken a backseat to K Rool in Ultimate but I’d still definitely call him one of my mains. Good luck unlocking Tony the Tiger! And I haven’t been playing a lot of smash these days tbh, especially not with my crappy joycons. Always down to play it with friends though. I’m a lot better than most of them so they don’t often wanna play with me for too long LOL
Haha thanks. Yeah damn I've heard a lot about joycon drift, hope that's not too bad. I'm still working through world of light but I'm stuck on one of the bosses. Tryna get Lucario to elite smash as well. I think I'm ~5.5 Million GSP? You need like 10 mil I've heard. But raising it is kinda stressful since I don't wanna decrease it and it can change a lot. I just wanna get those two there tbh. Lol I get you, kinda annoying when you gotta go easier on people

Leaving my program tomorrow. It’s made such a huge difference for me and I feel more confident, present, hopeful, and able to deal with my challenges than I ever have. But I’m really nervous about leaving and going back out into the world where people aren’t all either actively trying to work on themselves or trained professionals in assisting with that. I still have a ton of work to do and the notion of doing that without a strict schedule, as much as that annoyed me at times, is a bit overwhelming. I’m also really gonna miss the people here but I’ve been breaking the rules and getting phone numbers quite a bit so there’s that lmao. Also feeling some grief over my recent breakup obviously, but that’s okay and I don’t regret my choice. A lot going on but the sun is, metaphorically as it’s 10 PM lmao, coming up.

Well, big rip on the “leaving things in a good place” in regards to the breakup. She agreed to give me space when I last saw her but she kept sending me increasingly toxic texts, so I had to respectfully but firmly set boundaries and she did not take well to that. After I told her not to contact me for 3 months, she started calling me over and over until I finally picked up and it did not go well at all. She claimed she had some grand message she wanted to say to me but it was borderline incoherent, basically came down to that she was feeling bad and still expected me to do something about it. And then the next day she left me a vindictive note with the rest of my stuff which at the end said “I don’t think I ever really knew you.” Bullshit.

She’s completely unstable right now, and I worry for her. But how she’s doing is not my responsibility anymore and frankly never really should have been to begin with. I gave her more than what I owed her when we broke up but I guess that wasn’t enough. I hope she gets better. I really do. But if she tries to contact me within those three months, or if the next time we talk goes anything like this, I’m unfortunately prepared to turn that three months into forever. Sucks but I gotta do what’s best for me.

You're making the best decision here.
I won't lie, you could write a midwest emo (more like Pacific Northwest emo, ha!) song about this.
Like legit just go full Tiny Moving Parts and just gyaaaah, idk, that sentence really hits hard.

Please continue to take care of yourself. It seems that she's going through something???? so just please set boundaries, expect her to not contact you for a while, and if that doesn't happen, well, that's that.

I'm SO glad you're doing better though! Life is crazy, isn't it!?!?!??!!?
Oh there’s definitely gonna be some songs about this. I’ve got this kinda pop-punkish song brewing in my head but I’m honestly a little nervous to get back to writing music :/ but I really want to get back in the flow and can’t avoid it forever so I’ll take that plunge soon for sure

Her mental health was honestly worse than mine, and she’s been in her own PHP for longer than I was, but it breaks my heart that after all that time she’s still unstable. She’ll find her way. But I can’t be the person to do that for her.

Life is crazy indeed my friend. But I’m only a few hours away from being completely absorbed in the land of Hisui and if that’s not self care I don’t know what is lmfao

Well, just now realizing I’m awful about checking my own blog lmfao. That’s life I guess. What sections of the forum do you frequent??
It's randomized tbh, whatever looks interesting. however I do frequent Takoyaki's blog a good often

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom