• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bone Zone

I’ve had a very productive day and I’m feeling quite good about myself. So, I’m gonna do something I’ve never done here before.

This is the song I’ve been creating for the past few days. No vocals yet (though you can hear me breathing lmao). Definitely a work in progress, but it’s coming together real well. Would love to hear what you think!!
That's super great Cubone!!! I love the bass in the middle, like this legit sounds like a professional soundtrack thingy :bulbaWave: amaaaaaazing workkkk~

This is going really hard man, love it! Is the breathing at the beginning supposed to be part of it? I like it!
Yeah it is, probably needs to be smoothed out a little bit but I needed something to spice up the intro and that popped in my head so I recorded myself doing that and put some effects on it. Thanks a lot dude!!!

I’ve had a very productive day and I’m feeling quite good about myself. So, I’m gonna do something I’ve never done here before.

This is the song I’ve been creating for the past few days. No vocals yet (though you can hear me breathing lmao). Definitely a work in progress, but it’s coming together real well. Would love to hear what you think!!
How on GOD'S GREAT EARTH DID I MISS YOU POSTING THIS!! Oh yeah I just got back from my con

CUBONE!!! THIS IS SO INSANELY GOOD??? LIKE I'M NOT JOKING!! I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS!! THE TUNE IS SO CATCHY THE MELODY IS EVERYTHING!! I know NOTHING about music so my opinion is probably worthless, I just know this fucking SLAPS. holy shit please upload this on youtube or soundcloud or anything when it's done, I want to legit listen to this whenever and wherever while I'm drawing or in my car. This is AMAZING. be proud, my guy, you deserve this moment. this is UNREAL.

How on GOD'S GREAT EARTH DID I MISS YOU POSTING THIS!! Oh yeah I just got back from my con

CUBONE!!! THIS IS SO INSANELY GOOD??? LIKE I'M NOT JOKING!! I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS!! THE TUNE IS SO CATCHY THE MELODY IS EVERYTHING!! I know NOTHING about music so my opinion is probably worthless, I just know this fucking SLAPS. holy shit please upload this on youtube or soundcloud or anything when it's done, I want to legit listen to this whenever and wherever while I'm drawing or in my car. This is AMAZING. be proud, my guy, you deserve this moment. this is UNREAL.
Oh my god thank you so much!!!! That seriously made my night, it means the world and I appreciate you. I’m really glad you like it!!! I’m definitely hoping to release it at some point. It may be a while until it’s on anything - my current goal is to release my project’s first song before my birthday in September but I want to be as prepared as possible. I want to have a solid batch of songs ready to go so I can keep the content coming steadily, and there’s things I gotta figure out like graphics and promotion. Also, I like this song, but I don’t think it should be the one I debut with. That said, when it’s done I could absolutely put it on a private soundcloud link and send it to you :) it’s a wonderful feeling knowing you’d like actually wanna listen to it in your day to day life lmao

So, funny story actually. Today when I felt the urge to make a new song, I was poking around on Spotify for songs to analyze/get inspired by. And, because of your post yesterday, Bring Me the Horizon was fresh in my brain. I fired up a couple songs from That’s the Spirit for the first time in a while, and I instantly knew what kind of song I wanted to make. So, my newest song kinda sounds like something off that album, and that probably wouldn’t have happened if not for you. Thanks! Lmao

I’ll definitely post that one here/send it to you when I’ve got a solid front-to-back instrumental. It’s almost shareable, but it currently ends abruptly after a really intense buildup and making someone listen to it would just be mean lmfao. But again, thank you so much, and also it’s great to see you back on here :)

Well, after two days of work, BMTH-esque song is like 85%-90% of the way done instrumentally. Just gonna be minor tweaks now probably. May show y’all here, we’ll see. I might try to write a vocal melody tomorrow. Lyrics will come when they come.

Kinda want to make a cover song next. My production skills have come a very long way since I last tried that.

I sent this song to @Blanc the other night, but now I’m gonna post it here too. This is a song heavily influenced by Bring Me the Horizion’s album That’s the Spirit, but very much with my own twist on it. Hope you guys enjoy.

Fun fact, I designed pretty much all of the synth sounds in this song. It’s very common for producers to use or at least start with synth presets, myself absolutely included, but I’ve been getting more into sound design lately and I honestly think it’s been improving my music. Lemme know what y’all think.

OHHH THE GUITAR? marimba???? wow the guitar sounds like a really nice...pro thingy!? And I love the beat it like combines really really well!!

Nice hook (chorus?)!! And the part where it goes babababababa and cuts in and out is cool! It reminds me of some sort of like, a song from a game? It kinda sounds like it could be in a game!!

A+ great work!!!

OHHH THE GUITAR? marimba???? wow the guitar sounds like a really nice...pro thingy!? And I love the beat it like combines really really well!!

Nice hook (chorus?)!! And the part where it goes babababababa and cuts in and out is cool! It reminds me of some sort of like, a song from a game? It kinda sounds like it could be in a game!!

A+ great work!!!
Thank you!!!!! :) Makes me really happy when people use the word pro anywhere near my music lmao. I’ve worked hard to get that sound. There’s no marimba but I could see how some of the synths kinda sound like one. I’ve heard quite a bit that I should make music for games and that would be really cool, I’d like to be my own established artist aside from all that though. Maybe as a day job/side gig?? Who knows. Anyway, I appreciate you!!!!

My ex still won’t fucking leave me alone holy fucking shit I am SO GOD DAMN TIRED OF THIS

I literally threatened her with a restraining order and now she’s pushing me to get it because then she’ll get to tell me everything she wants to say in court and supposedly get her fucking “closure.” I don’t even fucking know if that’s how it works. All I know is I am being obsessively harassed and I need it to fucking end. I don’t fucking deserve this.

Roooolling in because I was thinking about you, Cubone! Hope you’re hanging in there despite your terrible ex trying to drag you down. I’m still listening to the tunes you made! I honestly can’t wait for more… Has your weekend started any better?
Hey! I really appreciate that, and it’s seriously awesome you’re still listening to my music. More will definitely come, I haven’t had a lot of time to work on it this week unfortunately (at least my own stuff, was in the studio with some people on tuesday). It’s been an interesting weekend, I’m down in california for my younger brother’s college graduation. He’s been including me in a lot of the stuff he’s been doing with his friends, parties and whatnot. I’ve had some fun with it but I keep getting in my own head, it’s very overwhelming meeting a lot of new people at once and sticking yourself into a well-established group dynamic lmao. It’s also got me thinking about my own life and direction in a way that’s difficult to process. But I’m heading back today. I hope your weekend’s been good!

Today has been weird. Really weird. I don’t know how exactly to articulate it, but long story short, my brain went on some deep dives today. One of my biggest concerns of late is how social media and the internet are affecting our psychological well-being and manipulating us. Particularly the scourge on humanity that is TikTok. I feel somewhere between compelled and obligated to do… something. What that is, I’m working it out. I think my artistic project is going to be divided between music and a podcast (but maybe a twitch stream and/or youtube videos?). I’m finding I have a lot to say that I think people need to hear, not as a vanity thing, but for the greater good. I know that sounds pretentious as fuck. But I couldn’t go the whole day without saying even a tiny little piece of what I’m thinking about to somebody, so here I am I guess. There’s a nonzero chance I’ll take this post down.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom