• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bragging Thread!

Dovahgatr

Dovahkiin Feraligatr
Reaction score
Hey guys! Making a awesome topic here to post your bragging rights! Whether it be a shiny, or a stunning defeat on a gym leader, post it :D
Just to tell the world about your awesome victory just makes you feel good!

My awesome first victory was catching myself a shiny Houndour in Pokémon X! I was about to shed tears! Right after that, two Pokémon later, I run into a wild Eevee (a rare Pokémon!) and caught it :D

Post your brags now!

Re: The Bragging Post!

Just got my first critical capture of the game! 'Twas a Hawlucha. Not as much of a brag as a "YES!", but this seemed like the right place to put it.

Beat the game in 2 days - summer's come early here, so there was nothing better to do than play. Also managed to catch Zygarde on the first try (to be fair, it WAS asleep)

I got a shiny Espurr on the first day the game was out. Naturally, this was when I was on my way back to buy more Poke Balls, but I still (barely) managed it.

I've beaten Grant in the matter of just 3 turns. I heard he was hard so I was let down, then again I have an Alakazam!

I got two critical captures in a single play session earlier today.

And a few minutes ago I ran into a female Eevee. That's crazy because Eevee's are rarely female, and I was planning on spending a long time running into random Pokemon until I finally got my female Eevee, but there it is... The very first Eevee I ran into, with that!

Beat the game in roughly one day (thank god my professors didn't assign anything over the weekend). Also since I spent a lot of time training my team equally throughout the game, they were already well into their early 70's by the time we took on the pokemon league, thus they ended up being complete pushovers.

Also did I mention that my Charizard (the only one who wasn't in his 70's) managed to pwn the champions Mega Gardevoir with one inferno?

My team is just super cute. You all probably have a Quilladin, but I think I can safely say mine is the cutest. And not only that, but he's sweeping things left and right.

I caught that Snorlax in just ONE Great Ball. (Wasn't even asleep or anything, just low HP.) Is that lucky or what?

In the Battle Chateau I send my Riolu out to take on the opponent's Riolu. Both Lv.15, both with (presumably) the same moves. I survive his Force Palm easily, and then Counter for a OHKO. Counter victories are always sweet....

Last edited:

Got a female Fennekin on only my third try. I thought it would take forever!

Used the wonder trade with a Flebebe and got a Haunter -> Gengar holding a Gengarite!

Got all of my team but my Hawlucha beaten by Korrina's Hawlucha, then owning the whole thing with just my Hawlucha. Stressful but felt great afterwards.

In that Team Flare double battle, I led with my Lucario (and Serena her Espurr) against the Grunts with their Scraggy and Croagunk. Those poor grunts never got a chance to do anything....

Before that, I encountered three hordes of Wingull. In a row. (Did I mention they all have Supersonic?)

Last edited:
I found a Shiny Floatzel yesterday. This made my day and I am happy to have another Shiny after the previous one I caught last year.

Here is some photos! :p
Shiny_zpsadb35d6b.png

Heisallmine_zpsd7123372.png

I captured Yveltal at 100% health in a Pokeball.

EDIT:

I should note, it took three pokeballs. Sorry I was so excited at actually capturing the 'mon, I forgot to clarify that. ^^;;

Last edited:
And in just one Pokeball, I assume? You OWN.

I want to catch me a legendary in a PREMIERE BALL someday, also just for the bragging rights.

My Beedrill--yes, you're reading that right--earned me my very first Badge by outlasting anything that came at him. And he was underleveled to boot. Seriously, my Beedrill freaking rocks!

I also got a female Bulbasaur on my first try from Sycamore.

I beat every single one of Lysander's pokemon in one hit in every battle with him. Uh, I also beat all the Elite 4 and champions pokemon (except one) in one hit as well. I was only like 3 levels stronger than them too.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom