• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Book Chat

It might sound kind of silly but the book I'm currenly reading is Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters xD in my defense these are books I wanted to read since I was like 12...I may be 19 but I still wanted to -w-

Nothing silly there. They're a fantastic series that constantly get better. No spoilers, The Sea of Monsters is probably the least interesting of the original five books. I can't wait for The House of Hades to come out.

Anyone here read the Ranger's Apprentice series? It has to be my favorite series ever but I have only found a couple people who have read it.

My friend reads that Soulmaster, he seemed to enjoy it but there always appeared to be too many books for me to get into it.

I've read the original Percy Jackson and the current three of Heroes of Olympus. I am waiting on House of Hades to come out but I am unsure if I will read it or not. I may get it out from the library but I am doubtful I will buy this one. I was not entirely impressed with Mark of Athena so it has left me unsure whether to carry on or not.

My friend reads that Soulmaster, he seemed to enjoy it but there always appeared to be too many books for me to get into it.

I've read the original Percy Jackson and the current three of Heroes of Olympus. I am waiting on House of Hades to come out but I am unsure if I will read it or not. I may get it out from the library but I am doubtful I will buy this one. I was not entirely impressed with Mark of Athena so it has left me unsure whether to carry on or not.
I read the Percy Jackson series, too. I wonder what happens after
Percabeth falls into Tartarus. It's like Rick is trying to Ricktroll his fandom.
Am I the only one that thinks Piper is a Mary Sue?

Am I the only one that thinks Piper is a Mary Sue?

No. There are plenty of other people who think she is and loathe her for it. I'm not one of those people. In fact, I see nothing in her that indicates she's a Mary Sue, or at least nothing based on the Wikipedia article for Mary Sue.

I'm currently reading Star Wars: Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn. About 3/4 through, and it's frakking amazing. The first chapter alone established Thrawn as a better villain than Vader, and every chapter he's in just adds icing to that cake. I can't wait to finish it and read Dark Force Rising and The Last Command.

The Heir to the Empire trilogy is phenomenal. Thrawn is such a good villain. I really need to go back and read those again.

Okay, so I've finished A Feast for Crows, and now I'm wondering if I should read The Lord of the Rings in honor of J. R. R. Tolkien's death (it's apparently a thing; kinda morbid, I know) or dive right on in to (my signed copy of) A Dance With Dragons.

I've been very interested to read the new J.K. Rowling book, but just quite haven't brought myself to do that yet.

I've been reading a sci-fi book in the 'Saga of Seven Suns', the second one, which I love to pieces. I find the story so intricate.

And beside that I've been reading a number of non fiction books as well!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom