• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Bulbagarden Community Question Thread [v3.0]

Reaction score
Mickey Mouse's name was originally "Mortimer" but Walt Disney's wife didn't like the name so he changed it to Mickey.

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Chris Farley was going to be the voice for Shrek, but he passed away in 1997, and was 95% done with recording. Not only was it going to be a 2D animated work at the time, but the plot was also going to be a bit different. They rewrote it for Mike Myers, who originally recorded in a Brooklyn accent, but decided a Scottish would be more appropriate for the fairy-tale setting.

Also, I found a storyboard with Chris Farley voicing Shrek, somewhere on YouTube. It's an interesting look at what might've been.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Chris Farley was going to be the voice for Shrek, but he passed away in 1997, and was 95% done with recording. Not only was it going to be a 2D animated work at the time, but the plot was also going to be a bit different. They rewrote it for Mike Myers, who originally recorded in a Brooklyn accent, but decided a Scottish would be more appropriate for the fairy-tale setting.

Also, I found a storyboard with Chris Farley voicing Shrek, somewhere on YouTube. It's an interesting look at what might've been.
There's also a 3D clip with Farley's voice on it IIRC. I can't say I can't compare which voice is better, since I'm more used to Alfonso Obregon's voice and not Myers's.

Spring of Storms
Reaction score
Rabbits can become infected with a type of papilloma virus that can cause them to grow long tumors on various parts of their body, including their heads. Sightings and legends about horned rabbits probably arose from people seeing infected rabbits in the wild and mistaking the tumors for horns.

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief, camels do not store water in their humps. The hump is a large fat deposit.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
There was going to be a Disney fighting game, and no, I'm not talking about Dissidia's original pitch. Among the characters that were going to be in the game were:
  • Captain Silver (Treasure Planet)
  • Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
  • Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
  • Captain Hook (Peter Pan)
  • The Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)
  • The Horned King (The Black Cauldron)
  • The Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood)
  • King Louie (The Jungle Book)
Sadly, only concept images exist from that game.

can't you say anything that makes sense?
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/they
Oswald the Rabbit was a prototype Mickey Mouse. Due to issues with the ownership, Walt Disney made Mickey instead.

Question 005
Super Cinderator
Reaction score
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
What is your most recent creation? (art, food, music, etc)

─────────────────────────​

Last edited:
can't you say anything that makes sense?
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/they
i've made some doodles and edits that aren't really anything, but the latest thing i made is in my art thread, and i have a soundcloud that i have tracks in

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I drew a picture of one of the minor characters in my Pokemon fan fic and finished a review of a show I'm rewatching.

♡ scion of light ♡
Reaction score
I made a pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting earlier, and I'm almost done drawing some pictures for a Mother's Day card for my mom... which is more drawing than I normally ever do at this point.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
IDK. >.< I did some modding for a The Sims game to make some plants change with the seasons that EA hadn't programmed to do so, but that is coding (and very simple coding at that) and not creation, so IDK...

I'm in the planning stages of maybe doing a composition in the style of an early Baroque genre that mocks bad leaders (Hm... Wonder who I'm thinking of? =P). IDK if that will ever happen, though. I'm exceptionally bad at making it through projects. T.T

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
I'm in the planning stages of maybe doing a composition in the style of an early Baroque genre that mocks bad leaders (Hm... Wonder who I'm thinking of? =P).
Daniel Ortega? Jair Bolsonaro? Nicolas Maduro?

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
Daniel Ortega? Jair Bolsonaro? Nicolas Maduro?
Oh, yeah, the world is chalk full of bad leaders right now. I'm speaking from the US side of things, though.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Oh, yeah, the world is chalk full of bad leaders right now. I'm speaking from the US side of things, though.
I know. I was trying to joke there, although a good "take that!" towards Ortega would sound good in my opinion...

running on a loop
Reaction score
I drew some cloud themed Burmy, a shiny and non-shiny form, for the Elaria art contest.

Question 006
Super Cinderator
Reaction score
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
Do you have any interesting quotes or movie lines that you live by?

─────────────────────────​