• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

The Bulbagarden Community Question Thread [v3.0]

running on a loop
Reaction score
There's a couple that have really stuck with me over the years, once more recently than the other.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - This one is said by Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's just really stuck with me because even when times are rough, there's still happiness to be found and all you have to do is turn on a light (or rather find one). He says it at the beginning of the school year too, which I feel is important because even though nothing terrible has happened (yet), it still goes to show that even though there's extra rules and regulations (in the case of Hogwarts, the addition of Dementors guarding the school), you can still find happiness in it all.

"Even on the worst days, there's a possibility for joy." - This one is said by Kate Beckett in the season 5 episode "Secret's Safe With Me" from Castle. I only just finished watching this show a couple months ago, but the show as a whole has really stuck with me and Beckett is honestly one of my favorite characters. She says this quote when she tells Castle about a stick figure that's hidden in her desk that she and her dad made after her mom's funeral; she says the stick figure is a reminder that even on the rough days, there's still opportunity for happiness and that really stuck with me. I've had days that have started off bad or turned bad, and then somehow, somewhere along the way, they turn into good ones.

Standing Out
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
I'm struggling to nail down a single line that encapsulates it, but it's a general philosophy sprinkled throughout the better parts of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. If I had to pick a single quote that nails it best in a single line, I'd probably go for Shadow's line in Sonic '06 when Mephiles asks why he keeps fighting to save the world even though he's been shown that they will turn against him out of fear, and even this one doesn't quite get the entire thing across:
"If the world chooses to become my enemy, then I will fight like I always have!"
Put simply, fuck what people think of him, he's going to do what he thinks he should do anyway. It Doesn't Matter what people think of you or whether they agree with your choices. It's your life, do what you want with it and make it one you've been proud to live, even if someone else wouldn't agree.

running on a loop
Reaction score
Thought of another one after I'd posted.

"There is a universal truth we all have to face, whether we want to or not, everything eventually ends. As much as I’ve looked forward to this day, I’ve always disliked endings. Last day of summer, the final chapter of a great book, parting ways with a close friend. But endings are inevitable, Leaves fall, you close the book. You say goodbye. Today is one of those days for us. Today we say goodbye to everything that was familiar, everything that was comfortable. We’re moving on. But just because we’re leaving, and that hurts, there’s some people who are so much a part of us, they’ll be with us no matter what. They are our solid ground. Our North Star. And the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us… always."

That's Alexis' graduation speech from Castle, at the end of season 4. The season 4 finale is probably one of my favorite episodes of the series, but this quote just really sticks with me because it's a reminder that even though things end, there's parts of them that are always with us. People make an impact on our lives every day, and those things stick with us for the rest of our lives.

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
"Ah, yes. The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it. Or, learn from it." Rafiki from The Lion King (1994)

#UnovaConfirmed
Reaction score
"The least likely can be the most dangerous." -- Bumblebee from Transformers.

Question 007
Super Cinderator
Reaction score
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
If you could invent something that hasn't been invented, what would it be?

─────────────────────────​

Last edited:
Reaction score
A shrink ray to make heavy lifting less heavy.

Some sort of food producer. Want a Monte Cristo sandwich but don't have the skills or ingredients? That's what this device is for.

A Doraemon gadget that turns back an object's time basically fixing it.

Something that can bring back or track down lost objects.

A truth teller to prove innocent people well, innocent.

Teleporters for fast travel.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
A laptop that you could update. Or at least its graphics card.

A Doraemon gadget that turns back an object's time basically fixing it.
The Time Blanket! That would be so frickin' useful, specially after discovering some of my DS cards stopped working...

Reaction score
I could use it to fix my DS and 3DS.

Something to ensure people actually get the sleep they need that isn't prescription drugs.

Virtual Reality. Go anywhere you want whether its the real world or fictional locations.

Personal body temperature adjusters. Be as cool or warm as you want.

running on a loop
Reaction score
Hmm, that's a tough one. I think I'd have to agree with Captain Hawlucha in that a teleporter for fast travel would be cool. It'd be nice to be able to sleep in a little more and not have to stress about leaving by a certain time to get somewhere on time.

The Devil of Paradise
Former BMGf Head Administrator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
Teleporter so you can go anywhere instantly

Reaction score
A device for share thoughts, feelings and sensations. A cool and bizarre thing.
Furthermore, I think that it is possible and not so remotely distant.

The Rightful Heir
Reaction score
A better way to clone long-lost species. As long as it doesn't end as badly as your average Jurassic Park movie.

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
If you could delete one annoying thing from existence, what would it be?

─────────────────────────​

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
For me, there's definitely a list of them to consider. My gut instinct is wasps. I absolutely hate them flying in, buzzing about and I'm getting paranoid that they'll sting me.

Tooth pain is up there, but I think I'd rather have tooth pain than a wasp near me.

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him
Termites. I get paranoid every time it rains at night because I feel a swarm might be coming.